Adobe Illustrator Reviews

Joshua
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Excellent Design Software

Reviewed on 2020/09/27

My overall experience is awesome, because I wil stil use it other than other creative programs. It has a great edge over others because you can create any type of art right from scratch.

Pros

I like teh fact that as a designer, i can create a multitude of art work with Adobe illustrator, ranging from video games, brand logos and promotional materials.
I like it because i can also use it for designs & topography such as business cards, clothing, billboards, artistic & stylistic illustrations.
It is integrated with Adobe creative cloud which makes it easier for sharing my art projects and creative assets.
I love its capability to create pixel-perfect designs, clear lines are automatically aligned to the grid.
I get access to over 90 million graphics, images and templates through Adobe Stock.
It makes me and other designers i know to start our artwork from fresh, clean pages and also easy to edit ready made artworks or templates.
Also like the option where i can convert my designs to PDF files and other types of image files, which i find very comfortable to work with any type of format my clients request for.
It offers great compatibility with othe Adobe programs like the Adobe Photoshop and Premiere.
No bounds to the creativity i can imagine to make as long as you know how to make use of the tools.

Cons

It takes a while to load each time I try to open up the application.
It also slows down other programs on my computer becuase its a massive program, especially when I have both Illustrator & Photoshop running at the time.
Sometimes the main colour paletes won't show in the upper taskbar which can be a pain when you have to figure out how to get it, especially for newbies.
The hotkeys are weird compared to other programs like photoshop, especially when you are trying to use hotkey to export.
Not really suitable for beginners, requires training to know how to use. Sometimes I had to use google to figure out where some certain tools are when I just started using the program.
Adobe lacks a full mobile verwsion of Illustrator, which would be very helpful & handy when working on mobile or on an ipad.
The most recent version interface is very annoying as I can't find tools where i expect to find them, including critical tools.

Délcio
Délcio
  • Industry: Graphic Design

A professional vector and illustration software.

Reviewed on 2022/12/14

My overall experience using this software has been the greatest. Day by day I achieve better and better results. Ai brings the best tools to create vectors and illustration designs that gives wings to the imagination and fashion comes alive, when it comes to web design or even branding for t-shirts or print in another objects. Ai is very professional. I just thank to the developers. Adobe products are the best design and editing company I ever met.

Pros

There are so many great features like, an interactive interface, great editing tools, professional ways to shape and color the forms, stunning templates, brushes, easy capacity to import and export files, and much much more. This software is definitely the best. Adobe doesn't joke when it touches to a serious design software. Congratulations!

Cons

The only con i can consider, is that if I don't have the professional knowledge to manage it, it's a little difficult to explore all the great functionalities that the software brings. So, the work gets a little amateur if I don't know how to achieve that result. But beside this, Ai rocks. 5 stars!!!

Adobe Photoshop

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

I just work with all of Adobe softwares, because all of them have specific functions that help the work to achieve a professional and finished design.
Kenyon
Kenyon
  • Industry: Photography

The Core of the apple

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

Building logos for myself and customers, Creating various types of art.

Building logos for myself and customers, Creating various types of art.

Pros

This is a beautifully put together piece of software with various features and applications. If you are a designer animator or even just a hobbyist. You can make anything graphic wise and paint as realistically a real brush!! Ai is a must-have for any serious designer

Cons

It can be a little hard to master although learning it is fun and rewarding in many ways. There are bugs and certain system errors but over its great

Photobucket

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

The functions were alot better.

Clip Studio Paint

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Its very professional and well put together.
Shyam
Shyam

Versatile tool for Graphic Designing

Reviewed on 2023/10/22

Pros

I like the usability of the software and the support for vector editing as well as other graphic design work. The file size of designs made in Illustrator is also low, yet high quality. The feature to directly edit PDFs is also a blessing.

Cons

The only issue I have with Illustrator is the GPU Compatibility driver issues faced on newer GPU's such as 3050. Since the GPU compatibility causes an issue, it is quite hard to work on large files.

anass

Illustrator is your Friend to Start Your new Business Journey

Reviewed on 2023/10/05

Pros

It's easy to use any tool inside of it, and you don't have to worry about the quality of your image or artwork

Cons

should now integrate an AI section to help us complete our work more quickly.

Kristen
  • Industry: Public Safety
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

Adobe illustrator is essential for any artists!

Reviewed on 2023/04/04

I got it because a friend recommended it to me, since then I have referred 2 friends because it’s so essential for my work

Pros

I like that on my iPad I can freehand all of my ideas. I also appreaciate the ability to layer without losing part of an image!

Cons

I dislike having to pay for it, but it is the best program out there for graphic design

• Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

I love iilustrator but costly to bear the expense

Reviewed on 2024/01/17

Pros

I love how Adobe Illustrator lets me customize existing templates to get my flyer done.

Cons

It is expensive and time-consuming to learn at the beginning.

Joel
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A powerful tool to create quality graphics

Reviewed on 2023/12/22

Wonderful and pricey. I loved using it but had to switch to more economical options.

Pros

The versatility and power behind this program is second to none. You can literally create anything and apply Illustrators powerful tools to any digital project.

Cons

The cost is so high. Especially since you can no longer buy the program and use it until you need to upgrade. Now you have to pay a lot more in the long run.

Ali
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

My opinion

Reviewed on 2024/02/13

Pros

It’s easy to be used and fast enough to finish my work

Cons

It’s new updates make it faster in time

Zain
  • Industry: Furniture
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Professional Designing

Reviewed on 2024/02/14

Best quality designs for all kind with high quality

Best quality designs for all kind with high quality

Pros

It has more functions but for now its seems hard to learn but slowly things improve

Cons

Least about it is its more complicated but if we practice more and more day by day we can improve

It should have easy guidance

Govinda
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Review for Adobe Illustrator

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

Overall, I think it is a software that offers a lot of functions and provides value for money. It helps me with my learning curve and can visually represent almost anything you want.

Pros

Adobe illustrator is completely scalable and works well with designing logos and cartoons which is what I basically do. You also have in-panel editing which makes it better. It is user-friendly too.

Cons

The fact that it offers limited support for raster graphics and that it requires a lot of patience. The loading time is also very high, comparatively.

Inkscape and GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

Because adobe illustrator had much more options that Inkscape. Ofcourse the amount I paid justifies what I get but still it provides more value than any other software.

Inkscape

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Primarily because it is the easiest way to generate and produce graphics. Also, whatever we make on this software is easily scalable and adjustable across any media platform one can name.
Lauren
Lauren
  • Industry: Entertainment

Illustrating Beyond Boundaries

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

I have faith in Illustrator and learned how it behaves. I know it will continue to update, as other Adobe applications do. Best to keep that belief in it and push on with resilience.

Pros

As a professional artist and business creative, Adobe Illustrator has been an application well used in my toolbelt of visual software. From vector creations to typographic layouts, Illustrator never ceases to amaze me in terms of innovation. The thing I like most about it is the guidance it provides for artists and designers really shines through. Specifically, Illustrator analyzes and

Cons

I've learned that each software has a strength of its own. And it's best to understand how it works so you can maneuver through it without a lot of issues. That's why Illustrator really works for me. The only setback would be the brush types. I do wish the variance in stroke would expand more in terms of the lines it creates. I've noticed that the strokes would have lines within them, but would just be copied versions. However, I believe this is a minor issue and not much to dwell on!

Sketch and GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation Program)

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Aside from its popularity, I grew up with Illustrator and found great comfort in its works. I'm open to new software and have tried the alternatives. But none the less, Illustrator hasn't failed me.
Shasta
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

The most powerful vector art program there is.

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

I'd say my overall experience is very much love/hate. When I need it Adobe Illistrator is my knight in shininy amror, but throughout the general work grind it's too full of itself to be useful.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator is easily the most powerful and easily extenisable vector art program available.
Because of that when nothing else works you can usually always count on Adobe Illustrator to get the job done.

Cons

Due to the rather extmre learning cuve and often clunky interface compared to it's top compeitors for most general light weight tasks Adobe Illustrator is my last choice. Despite having years of experience with it the speed and ease that general daily tasks can be done in other vecotor applications is some times stunning.

Inkscape, Affinity Designer and CorelDRAW

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Because when I need to work with complex heavy detail vectors only Adobe Illustrator can handle the work load. Affinity Desighner's poor usage of computer hardware renders it nearly useless for larage complex projects. CorelDRAW is far too unstable to use for anything that has a tight deadline. Inkscape is an amazing project, but it's still growing needs time to truly mature.
Adam

Go to software for illustration, icon design, and vector graphics

Reviewed on 2021/07/06

Pros

From my experience Illustrators path workflow and functionality is superior to other vector software out there. If I was going to stray from Illustrator as my go to vector software the competition would need to beat Illustrator in that feature space. Illustrator allows you to have advance control and accuracy with paths, grids, guides, snap to guide, etc. Also, exporting quality SVGs is very important and the competition doesn't measure up in that space from what I have seen.

Cons

Some updates on how Illustrator handles smart guides and snap-to-pixel has some flaws. It seamed like I had better accuracy in previous versions of Illustrator. No one likes to have their paths splitting pixels or to have to fix that on a regular basis. Some times I don't have an issues while other times new path shapes start on 0.5 pixels when creating them.

Affinity Designer

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

I chose Adobe Illustrator over Affinity Designer due to Illustrator being the standard software that agencies and companies use. Affinity Designer look amazing and I still want to try it. Illustrator is still a must have though.
Pamela
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

One of the best vector graphic design software available. Useful and highly versatile!

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

I like all its features. I cannot work without Illustrator anymore. All my graphic design projects, once sketched, take their shape in Illustrator.

Through its vector tools, you might be able to create almost every design you need. Texts, geometrical shapes or custom ones, Béziers curves and many other tools could be employed to create logos, flyers, posters, web designs, brochures and many more.

Illustrator is also easy to learn, even if you will always find new features while working with it. If you have any doubt, you can just contact the support or browse on the internet to find millions of tips, tutorials, how to, and so on.

Its scaleable results are perfect both for web and printing. No pixelation anymore! A very professional software for professional works.

Pros

Easy-to-use and easy-to-learn. Its menus and toolbar are intuitive and offer a wide range of action or tools to create your artwork. Starting from simple shapes till really complex projects.

You may contact the Adobe support at any time if needed. There are also a lot of helpful resources online, so you only have to ask to figure out any issue.

It allows creating vector projects that are completely scalable and so perfect for any use.

It works on almost any OS. It is the most complete vector graphic design software at the moment, even if Affinity Designer is becoming very competitive and is turning out to be a good alternative to Illustrator.

Cons

You might encounter some bug while working on Illustrator. It may happen that the software will crash while using it so pay attention to activate the recovery option and to compulsively save your work to avoid the loss of the work done.

It's a little bit expensive, considering that Affinity Designer is increasing its features at an unbeatable price.

David
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Long-time Adobe User

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

My overall experience with Adobe Illustrator, and other Adobe products, has generally been good. However, since they moved to a subscription model, I have run into several glitches that required re-authorizing the software on my computer, and in at least once instance I was unable to connect to Adobe's server, couldn't authorize my software, and lost a day of work time when I was on a deadline.

Pros

Having worked in graphic design for 25 years, I have used many iterations of Adobe Illustrator, and currently use Illustrator CC on a daily basis. I also used to teach an Illustrator course at a local community college. What I like most is that the core functions have remained largely the same over time, and the software is mature and stable. It's actually the only program I've ever used for creating vector graphics, so I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I find Illustrator to be intuitive, and the learning curve for competence is average for a design program. I typically use Illustrator for logos and infographics, and it is ideally suited to those tasks.

Cons

My main complaint with Adobe Illustrator is that certain tools which share similar functions across programs in the Adobe line-up - most notably, Photoshop and InDesign - don't operate consistently. For instance, the resize tool in Illustrator works differently than it does in Photoshop, and it works differently in Indesign, compared to the other two. My other main complaint is that Adobe has changed the icons for several of the tools in the tool bar, and changed the arrangement of tools, for no apparent reason. This creates a lot of unnecessary confusion, particularly for long-time users who have grown accustomed to the old tool bar that remained relatively unchanged for many years. The new icons are no more intuitive than the old ones, and in some cases they are less. Now that Adobe has gone to a subscription model, and doesn't need feature updates to drive software sales, most professional Illustrator users (and Adobe Creative Cloud users) would prefer the company focus on security updates and stop fixing things that aren't broken.

Burhan
Burhan

Best Industry Standard Vector Designing Software, Period

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

I've been using Adobe Illustrator since I stepped into the software industry—almost 4 years now. The tool has no comparison to other tools currently available in the market. I mostly use Illustrator for designing illustrations, icons for mobile and websites, wireframes for mobiles, and print documents like brochures, business cards, etc. I now use Sketch for designing UI, but it's really hard to design icons there. So I design icons in Illustrator and copy those icons to sketch. This is the best tool and it's an industry standard.

Pros

Work on Windows, Mac, iPad, and even on iPhone with limited features.
You can have multiple artboards when designing in Illustrator.
A lot of tools to make your workflow easier. For building shapes, it has tools like pen tool, Pathfinder and shape builder.
It has a dynamic gradient feature, which means your gradient is not limited to a linear or radial gradient. You can create a gradient with as many colors and as many points as you like and you can change the position of those color points too. Now our gradient colors can go into multiple directions. So no need to create multiple gradient layers and blend those.
Advanced features to round the corners of sharp corners. You can make rounded corner by putting value as well as you can drag a small icon near points with mouse.
One of the reason to use Adobe Creative Cloud softwares is their Echo System. You can use your work designed in Illustrator and directly Import in After Effects.
You can also copy elements from Illustrator (Ctrl+C) and directly paste it in Photoshop (Ctrl+V). And this also works in Sketch for Mac.
There are a lot of features like perspective tool, If you wanna create an illustration in a single or multiple point perspective. Blend tool, Mesh tool, 3d Effects and many more.
You can also create symbols and changing in one place will change it everywhere.
Exporting Assets are just one click away.
Tons of shortcuts to speed up your workflow.

Cons

The long learning curve, especially when you have no previous design background. So expect to invest at least 6-12 months to fully master it.

You have to fully grasp the core concepts of it when playing with paths and shapes. Joining paths perfectly using the grid may take time If you have not much experience with it.

Suzanne

Industry Standard For Good Reason

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

I consider Illustrator to be an essential program for anyone who works in vector graphics.

Pros

Overall, this is a wonderful program that has well earned its reputation as industry standard. When working with a lot of precise calculations, perspectives, exact distances, and/or alignments, Illustrator does most of the heavy lifting so I can focus on just creating great art. Working with vectors is a great way to create very polished and clean designs that are infinity scalable.

Small file sizes are also especially handy because it makes it easy to make backup-copies of your layers at different stages in case you ever need access to an earlier version. Even if I've worked with huge dimensions or had hundreds of objects in a single file, I've generally only experienced serious lag if I incorporate non-vector elements to my file, such as placed photographs or special effects like drop shadows.

Illustrator is extremely handy to use in conjunction with other Adobe products. I've especially frequently created a vector in Illustrator then copied it over to Photoshop or InDesign. When pasting things into Photoshop, I can create a Smart Object so that I can still edit it in Illustrator and it will then automatically update in Photoshop.

Cons

Some of the keyboard shortcuts, such as select/deselect all, are different between different Adobe products like Illustrator and Photoshop. While this can be customized by users, that isn't always possible in situations like one of my old jobs where I shared a computer with another designer and we constantly went back and forth between Illustrator and Photoshop. Improving consistency between Adobe products would allow for smoother workflow.

The perspective tools can also be rather clunky to use sometimes. One of the most frustrating aspects has been if I need to use any shape-building tools on an object already in perspective - after I've used the shape building tools, I can no longer use the perspective move tool because Illustrator tries to reapply the perspective onto an object already in perspective. Another example is that the 3D tools don't automatically have options in the drop-down menu to work with the perspective grid in place. If you, for instance, want to extrude an object and place it into alignment with your perspective grid, you have to either do the math yourself to create a custom extrude, or you have to manually rotate and extrude the object without the use of the 3D tool.

On occasion, I have also had issues with art dimension size limitations and had to copy to Photoshop to enlarge to the size I needed to print.

I also dislike that this program is currently only available through subscription.

SK
SK
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Considered an industry standard but with cons

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

I have solved a number of business problems with Adobe Illustrator and I am grateful to have it. In particular the tracing feature has helped me many times by translating a jpg to a vector-based image that is then perfect for design work, fully scalable and easy to send to print. Adobe Illustrator involves some deep investment and the problematic subscription system is causing it to lose customers but to its credit it is continually supplying users with new features and top tools.

Pros

If your thing is graphic design in a vector format, it has a collection of powerful tools that allow for endless versatility and beautiful final products and with each release this brilliant program just gets better. Yes, there is a learning curve but there is also a myriad of resources to teach a new user how to find their way around this program, which unfolds and becomes fascinating in its depth of capability. I studied Adobe Illustrator in design school and it is a pleasure to use. Work flow can be customized for an individual user. Endless features with powerful abilities. I personally value assets such as batch change and movable panes, as well as Adobe Illustrator's great brush library, endless fonts and a feeling of unlimited functionality for those committed to developing high quality vector-based design.

Cons

There is an online subscription fee with a high cancellation charge and people trying to unsubscribe meet with extremely frustrating customer support. Through its problematic subscription arrangement Adobe is creating a large number of bitter customers. In terms of the program itself, it does have occasional bugs that surface and more seriously, actual crashing issues, although generally Illustrator is great at saving work before crashing. It can run slowly on computers without high amounts (16 gigs) of RAM, and large files can take up a lot of space on your computer. These problems make Adobe Illustrator, which is considered a required program for all new graphic designers, also represent a sort of elitism that I dislike. Customer service failings and the feeling of being trapped in an expensive monthly subscription, along with the near-necessity of sinking at least $1000 into buying a high RAM computer, are not artist-friendly. Adobe didn't used to be like this. It's as if they know their suite of creative tools are industry standard and they are holding designers somewhat at ransom to their reputation, not a marriage everyone wants. However, while there ARE open source and alternative vector design programs for fledgling designers, including ones that are open source and not elitist in the way Adobe currently seems to be, these will also come with their own problems, in particular they will not have Adobe Illustrator's perfect colour-matching and ease of interface.

Scott
Scott
  • Industry: Media Production

Old Dog, New Tricks

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

Overall, Adobe Illustrator has allowed me to supplement my artistic talent with true computer power. I am able to produce things I would never have been able to produce with my bare hand, and with intuitive speed and power, I am able to produce more and faster than I ever would otherwise, so really as a creative professional - what else can you ask for?

Pros

There may be newer vector illustration platforms out there that are born into the saas or cloud era, but Adobe Illustrator is a journeyman and still packs a wallop. I have tinkered with other software and there are some cute tools and bells and whistles out there, but for the pixel perfect execution that I need to build graphics or even certain works of pure art, there is no beating the bezier tool, workspace, and functionality that I've spent the majority of my career honing. And I would still say I only use the program to about 75% of it's full potential, there are just certain things I've been too lazy to watch a tutorial on.

Cons

I think for many years Adobe ran a fat operation and charged a premium on their suite that most entry level designers both needed, and couldn't afford. Their Creative Cloud offering seems to be somewhat in recognition of this, especially if you use the full software suite, then it's a value. But for one or two apps, it's just a monthly burden that never goes away (still an improvement on the craaaaaazy price tags they used to have for a license). It would be nice if at a certain point, you just owned the stuff. Though in their defense, they are always working on it and have consistently released full version updates and incremental fixes and now they are trying to almost become a creative lifestyle brand with all kinds of templates and stock and even acquiring the Behance artists' network...so it has become a bit of a club, and you get more than the tools. There's inspiration, and a whole lot of "freebies" to download for every app.

Souhil
Souhil

The Best Vector Based Design Software

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

I use Illustrator daily to create cool vector designs because I need the highest resolution to print them on a lot of things and with Illustrator I really get the things done and I'm always happy with the results.
I think Adobe Illustrator is the best Vector and Design software in the market right now and after using it for many years I never had any problems and I always get the work done.
Adobe is an amazing company, and I'm sure they will keep improving this software and adding some useful tools and features.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and you can create anything from scratch, you need just some designing or drawing knowledge, and you are good to go.
It comes with a lot of useful design tools, filters, and effects...etc.
I can create anything using Adobe Illustrator and the sky is the limit.
I can also, use it to create topography designs for many things (shirts, wall art, business cards, text)...etc.
I like adobe stock and the library of graphics, images, videos, and templates.
Also, the drawing app is great, and It allows me to draw on top of any picture using different elements and colors.
Fast rendering especially for the biggest resolution of 300 DPI.
I like the shortcuts and this gives us a fantastic option to save time doing our creative work on Adobe Illustrator.
It allows me to use my files saved in Dropbox without downloading them because I can browse them from Illustrator.
I can open many PDF files and use them as a vector and I can convert any picture/image to a vector with simple steps.
The best thing about Illustrator is you can use Photoshop files and InDesign files without any problem and you can edit them too with it.
Also, Creative Cloud is an amazing deal and you can get access to a lot of cool stuff.
Adobe website has a lot of free resources about how to use Adobe Illustrator and about everything related to design and creativity.

Cons

I would love to see the crop tool in Illustrator like in Photoshop.
They can add some Photoshop tools to Illustrator for example "remove background" tool.
But, after all, they are doing a great job and always I get a new version I really feel the change they made to the program.

Ryan
Ryan

Boost Your Skills as a Designer with Adobe Illustrator

Reviewed on 2021/08/15

Adobe Illustrator is a key element of our whole revenue. It has helped us run our business. We work in the capacity of a professional and high-end design agency and we simply can not function without Adobe Illustrator. And if I'm being honest, our experience with Adobe Illustrator has been remarkable. We love to use it and help many businesses with their design and branding needs.

Pros

I give 8 out of 10 ratings to Adobe Illustrator as my favorite vector-based design program. At Fullstop, we provide professional graphic design services and work on complex illustrations, infographics, flyers, different types of packaging, brochures, and icons. We've been able to do all these things with the help of Adobe Illustrator mostly. It allows to create, draw, and combine different shapes in a simple way. You can add text to your design and by using the masking technique, you can hide or show different parts of an illustration. There are plenty of other drawing tools that help you to completely transform your artwork. Gradients, colors, and strokes provide you with great help to make the best visuals. You work on layers and do plenty of cools things with your artwork. Adobe Illustration lets you export SVGs and your assets for other web and print designs. To be honest, there are so many tips and tricks that you can only discover by using the software, so if you are a design professional with an aim to excel in graphic design, you have to have Adobe Illustrator.

Cons

You need to have some knowledge of the design tools and technique before using Adobe Illustrator. It can be difficult for beginners as there are so many tools. You need to be patient while learning how to use it professionally. You can't work with Illustrator unless you have a big screen. Likewise, it requires a lot of storage space and it is costly too.

Sundiep

A reliable programme for vector and graphics work

Reviewed on 2023/02/02

My creativity may now be developed and expressed thanks to Adobe Illustrator. I've created incredible logos and businesses that have become brands, presentations, and vector icons. It is the industry's top vector design. I continue to get greater outcomes every day. When it comes to web design or even branding for t-shirts or print on other products, Ai delivers the greatest tools to produce vectors and illustration designs that give wings to the imagination and fashion come alive. Ai is quite competent. Just wanted to thank the devs. I've only ever encountered the greatest design and editing firm in Adobe.

Pros

The amount of sophistication of Adobe Illustrator's capabilities reflects its long history and longevity. Because Adobe is so widely used, cooperation is simple and results are reliable. Each tool may be modified to suit a particular requirement or preference, and the workspace may also be customized to fit particular design scenarios. I put a lot of importance on typography. There is nothing that can compare to the fine-grained control that Adobe Illustrator offers for typing operations. On this front, Adobe benefits from decades of experience, collaborations, and the close integration between Illustrator and other Creative Cloud products, which also happen to be widely used in the design business.

Cons

The drawback that I can see is that it might be a bit challenging to explore all the wonderful functions that the program offers if I don't have the professional skills to operate it. Therefore, if I don't know how to accomplish that outcome, the work starts to look a bit unprofessional. I also detest it when it crashes when I'm working, which is another problem. A circumstance when I was planning a presentation happened to me. The file won't open after I correctly saved it and tried to access it later. It indicated that my file was corrupt in some way.

Muhammad

Review for Adobe Illustrator

Reviewed on 2023/04/05

Adobe Illustrator is a powerful design tool that can help businesses of all sizes create high-quality graphics, illustrations, and designs that help them stand out from the competition and communicate their brand message effectively.

Pros

One of the most impactful features of Adobe Illustrator is its vector-based design tools, which allow you to create precise and scalable designs that can be easily edited and adjusted as needed. This is particularly useful for creating logos, illustrations, and other graphics that need to be reproduced in various sizes and formats.Another impactful feature of Illustrator is its ability to create and work with multiple artboards, which allows you to work on multiple designs within the same document. This can be particularly helpful when creating designs for print or web, as you can easily create different versions or variations of your design.Illustrator also offers a wide range of design tools and features, including the pen tool, shape tools, and text tools, that allow you to create detailed and complex designs with ease. The program also offers a variety of design templates and the ability to create and save your own custom templates, making it easier to get started on a new design project.In terms of ease of use, Illustrator can be a complex program to learn, particularly for beginners. However, the program offers a range of tutorials, online resources, and a user-friendly interface that can help users get started and improve their skills over time.

Cons

Some users have also reported issues with the program's stability and performance, particularly when working with large and complex designs. This can result in crashes, slow processing times, and other technical issues that can be frustrating for users.Regarding integration with existing business processes, some users may find it difficult to integrate Illustrator with other software or systems, particularly if they are not part of the Adobe Creative Cloud ecosystem.In terms of missing or desired features, some users have requested better integration with data visualization tools, improved text layout options, and more advanced drawing tools. However, Adobe regularly releases updates and new features for Illustrator, so it's possible that some of these issues may be addressed in future updates

Badshah

The perfect tool for vector illustration and professional designing

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

A must-have tool for designing department in any organization. The software is not resolution dependent which gives guaranteed best print output every time. Affinity Designer is a close call but our team will go with Adobe Illustrator any day.

Pros

We have been using the original licensed version of the software in our organization for a pretty long time. The creative dept. uses the software for designing icons for web and app, logos, print materials and business cards. Can be virtually used for almost any type of designing. Expertise in Photoshop and InDesign will be very much helpful in using this software. A wide set of tools, filters and effects are available which makes sketches, designing and illustration an easy task. The paid version has a bundle of stock arts, high-quality vector artwork and fonts that can be used extensively. It also supports files from other external software such as PSD files from Adobe Photoshop, PDF, vector formats such as EPS, and CDR files from Corel Draw. Adobe cloud is an added advantage that makes sharing of creative data easy with others users.

Cons

1. Even though tutorials are useful, only a professionally trained designer can take full advantage of the software. The learning curve is steep. 1-2 year is required for attaining proficiency.
2. Quite expensive. This may be due to the monopoly Adobe has over this space.
3. Updates are very rare. For fixing minor to major bugs and errors, we have to wait a long time.
4. For editing objects with multiple nodes and for complex designing, the system resources are consumed very quickly and cause the system to hang or crash at many times.