Adobe Illustrator Reviews

Joshua
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Excellent Design Software

Reviewed on 2020/09/27

My overall experience is awesome, because I wil stil use it other than other creative programs. It has a great edge over others because you can create any type of art right from scratch.

Pros

I like teh fact that as a designer, i can create a multitude of art work with Adobe illustrator, ranging from video games, brand logos and promotional materials.
I like it because i can also use it for designs & topography such as business cards, clothing, billboards, artistic & stylistic illustrations.
It is integrated with Adobe creative cloud which makes it easier for sharing my art projects and creative assets.
I love its capability to create pixel-perfect designs, clear lines are automatically aligned to the grid.
I get access to over 90 million graphics, images and templates through Adobe Stock.
It makes me and other designers i know to start our artwork from fresh, clean pages and also easy to edit ready made artworks or templates.
Also like the option where i can convert my designs to PDF files and other types of image files, which i find very comfortable to work with any type of format my clients request for.
It offers great compatibility with othe Adobe programs like the Adobe Photoshop and Premiere.
No bounds to the creativity i can imagine to make as long as you know how to make use of the tools.

Cons

It takes a while to load each time I try to open up the application.
It also slows down other programs on my computer becuase its a massive program, especially when I have both Illustrator & Photoshop running at the time.
Sometimes the main colour paletes won't show in the upper taskbar which can be a pain when you have to figure out how to get it, especially for newbies.
The hotkeys are weird compared to other programs like photoshop, especially when you are trying to use hotkey to export.
Not really suitable for beginners, requires training to know how to use. Sometimes I had to use google to figure out where some certain tools are when I just started using the program.
Adobe lacks a full mobile verwsion of Illustrator, which would be very helpful & handy when working on mobile or on an ipad.
The most recent version interface is very annoying as I can't find tools where i expect to find them, including critical tools.

Délcio
Délcio
  • Industry: Graphic Design

A professional vector and illustration software.

Reviewed on 2022/12/14

My overall experience using this software has been the greatest. Day by day I achieve better and better results. Ai brings the best tools to create vectors and illustration designs that gives wings to the imagination and fashion comes alive, when it comes to web design or even branding for t-shirts or print in another objects. Ai is very professional. I just thank to the developers. Adobe products are the best design and editing company I ever met.

Pros

There are so many great features like, an interactive interface, great editing tools, professional ways to shape and color the forms, stunning templates, brushes, easy capacity to import and export files, and much much more. This software is definitely the best. Adobe doesn't joke when it touches to a serious design software. Congratulations!

Cons

The only con i can consider, is that if I don't have the professional knowledge to manage it, it's a little difficult to explore all the great functionalities that the software brings. So, the work gets a little amateur if I don't know how to achieve that result. But beside this, Ai rocks. 5 stars!!!

Adobe Photoshop

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

I just work with all of Adobe softwares, because all of them have specific functions that help the work to achieve a professional and finished design.
Maria
Maria

Such a powerful tool - but sometimes it's difficult to keep up with it.

Reviewed on 2019/04/28

Pros

So, I've been an AI user for now almost 10 years. I've used it at it's worst, at it's best and at it's "ok" moments. It's powerful and the type of work that you can create is really just limitless. There has been a significant effort in onboarding users whenever it gets a design overhaul or new features are added. I've found that a lot of these updates do tend to boost my ability to perform or create work at a faster speed, and same goes when making edits. I'm a heavy pathfinder user and the ability to just tweak my workplace to my needs, adding different windows and condensing them into one section has been a huge time saver. So in terms of granting you the ability to really modify the space to your liking, it's great.

Cons

I think one of the aspects about illustrator that has over time made it a more difficult tool to rely on has been the constant updates. Yes, those updates are sometimes great and very much needed, but there is no onboarding and the existing tour points hold so much information, it's hard to keep up with it.

I think generally speaking, I want to also be able to use the same shortcuts I have been using over time with the software, so when certain aspects of it change - sometimes it does affect my ability to perform at the same speed. I think more efforts need to be done to really create a focused on boarding for users when you introduce new features.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

While illustration has a rich past, its future uses are always evolving.

Reviewed on 2024/04/03

Adobe Illustrator's continuing strength stems from its well-established base, even if certain elements haven't kept up with the most recent innovations. Despite this, Illustrator is an industry standard, and knowledge of it is required for design professionals and students. While compatibility enhancements are necessary, the program's fundamental functionality provides limitless creative potential. In conclusion, Illustrator is a must-have for designers, or at the very least, a tool worth studying.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator has a well-established basis built over decades of work. This strong core capability includes the illustration industry's key tools: forms, fills, lines, vectors, and composition. These features' intuitive nature allows newbies to pick them up quickly. Furthermore, Illustrator has unrivaled editing possibilities, limited only by the user's imagination. Notably, the application excels with SVG compatibility, making it a popular choice among illustrators from its inception.

Cons

Despite its advantages, Adobe Illustrator requires tremendous computational resources. Increased RAM, VRAM, and computing power lead to smoother performance. Compatibility might be a concern, especially when working with non-native file formats other than SVG. While basic functionality is easily accessible, mastering advanced functions requires attention and may be more time-consuming than with comparable products. This begs an important question: Is Illustrator still the best vector graphics tool, or has it become a victim of its own success?

Ricardo
Ricardo
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Intuitive, precise and customizable tools, reliable color

Reviewed on 2022/10/08

I have been using Illustrator over 25 years. Honestly I always use perhaps 10% of its power. I find it to be a reliable design powerhouse.

Pros

Standards! Adobe Illustrator has been around for decades, and this shows in the level of refinement of its tools. Another advantage of this ubiquity is that most professional design studios "speak" Adobe allowing for easy collaboration and reliability of outcomes.
Each tools can be tweaked to each specific need or taste and the workspace can be also tailored to specific design scenarios.
Typography is something very important to me. The granular control Adobe Illustrator provides to type functions has no competition.
Color is accurate, and on this front, Adobe benefits not only from decades of experience and partnerships, but also from the tight integration between Illustrator and other Creative Cloud products, that also happen to be ubiquitous in the design industry.

Cons

Only con... the subscription pricing model... but I guess this is where the whole industry is heading to.

Faisal Faruque
Faisal Faruque

The Best Tool For Every Graphical Needs

Reviewed on 2020/10/31

Everyone recommends Illustrator. I also started using this because one of my friends recommended this. I knew that this is professional-grade software. However, I was a bit scared about the usability. It's because I am just a content creator and marketer. Not a professional graphic designer.

I need a tool that will help me create graphics quickly and with ease. Illustrator is just like that. This I the go-to tool for every kind of digital creation. No matter whether I want a professional design for email marketing or just a simple design for my Facebook updates, it always gets me covered. This is the power of Illustrator.

I need to manage a lot of online presence. Since I am a freelancer and kind of a one-man army, I have to work on the go. I can run this tool on both my Windows tablet and Mac workstation. This is a huge benefit. I know some of you are scared about it. Believe me, it's not that tough. If you sincerely follow some tutorials you will be able to make basic designs without any problem.

Pros

There are a lot of features in this amazing piece of software. However, I don't have to use all of them. I just use basic features like editing a free to use vector file from the internet. Sometimes, I design covers and banners for my online businesses. Illustrator handles these very well. I liked Adobe's consistent design language in all of its software including Illustrator. One I learned illustrator and now all other Adobe software seems easy to me. Because I got familiar with their user interface. I like the power of its vector design feature. It helps me to design a graphic that doesn't rely on pixels and can be scaled to any size. This is the coolest feature of Adobe Illustrator. Custom fonts and different types of brushes are also great for creating modern and complex designs.

Cons

I don't hate anything about this software. However, the software is a bit heavy. I don't need all the features of Illustrator. This is why I need a lightweight PC version of it with the basic features. If the developer makes something like this it will be amazing. Another thing is the crashing problem. Sometimes it crashes on my old low powered laptop and this is frustrating.

A powerful suite for Web Designers

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

After growing up with GIMP as my original mainstay when learning web design, I had the chance to use Illustrator at an internship around a decade ago. From there forwards, it's been my go to for designing SVG logo/image sets purely through the ease to export the SVGs for cross platform/device use.

Pros

As a full stack web developer, the tools that illustrator offer for creating Scalable Vector Graphics is unparalleled. With the importance of creating media that 'travels' well between both mobile and desktop environments, you'll be hard pressed to an offering that fits all circumstances with the ease that Illustrator offers. The joy of exporting your SVGs so simply to fit wherever you need them has been honed (or perhaps even owned) by years of Adobe's feature rich development and progressive enhancement. From Macromedia Shockwave with Flash forwarding to HTML 5 adoption, Adobe Illustrator has been at the forefront of web media design.

Cons

As with any design tool, there's always a learning curve. Though, that be said, with the sheer amount of online tutorials and videos, its truly quite hard to find fault with Adobe Illustrator... Once you've got the basics, the sky truly is the limit.... From moving from GIMP (a great free choice), to Illustrator, I'd definitely recommend the jump across the the Adobe camp.

Adobe Illustrator, pros and cons

Reviewed on 2024/01/18

It is good, but the problem of exporting files has led me to learn about other platforms.

Pros

The possibility of creating incredible designs with total freedom and a great amount of resources to create the designs. Its cloud version also gives many possibilities and live work.

Cons

The difficulty in exporting designs to other platforms such as Figma, I work with several design platforms and AI limits you in general lines to only use AI.

Figma

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

The free version is very powerful, has very good community documentation and the plugins give many powers to Figma.

Figma

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Yes, I am currently working more with Figma than with AI.
amanda
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great for great clean art!

Reviewed on 2024/02/14

Pros

Very versatile. It has a lot of options.

Cons

Some functions can be a bit tricky of you dont know how to use them professionally. But there are a lot of videos to help!

anass

Illustrator is your Friend to Start Your new Business Journey

Reviewed on 2023/10/05

Pros

It's easy to use any tool inside of it, and you don't have to worry about the quality of your image or artwork

Cons

should now integrate an AI section to help us complete our work more quickly.

Govinda
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Review for Adobe Illustrator

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

Overall, I think it is a software that offers a lot of functions and provides value for money. It helps me with my learning curve and can visually represent almost anything you want.

Pros

Adobe illustrator is completely scalable and works well with designing logos and cartoons which is what I basically do. You also have in-panel editing which makes it better. It is user-friendly too.

Cons

The fact that it offers limited support for raster graphics and that it requires a lot of patience. The loading time is also very high, comparatively.

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Illustrator

Because adobe illustrator had much more options that Inkscape. Ofcourse the amount I paid justifies what I get but still it provides more value than any other software.

Inkscape

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

Primarily because it is the easiest way to generate and produce graphics. Also, whatever we make on this software is easily scalable and adjustable across any media platform one can name.
Adam

Go to software for illustration, icon design, and vector graphics

Reviewed on 2021/07/06

Pros

From my experience Illustrators path workflow and functionality is superior to other vector software out there. If I was going to stray from Illustrator as my go to vector software the competition would need to beat Illustrator in that feature space. Illustrator allows you to have advance control and accuracy with paths, grids, guides, snap to guide, etc. Also, exporting quality SVGs is very important and the competition doesn't measure up in that space from what I have seen.

Cons

Some updates on how Illustrator handles smart guides and snap-to-pixel has some flaws. It seamed like I had better accuracy in previous versions of Illustrator. No one likes to have their paths splitting pixels or to have to fix that on a regular basis. Some times I don't have an issues while other times new path shapes start on 0.5 pixels when creating them.

Affinity Designer

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Illustrator

I chose Adobe Illustrator over Affinity Designer due to Illustrator being the standard software that agencies and companies use. Affinity Designer look amazing and I still want to try it. Illustrator is still a must have though.
Pamela
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

One of the best vector graphic design software available. Useful and highly versatile!

Reviewed on 2018/09/28

I like all its features. I cannot work without Illustrator anymore. All my graphic design projects, once sketched, take their shape in Illustrator.

Through its vector tools, you might be able to create almost every design you need. Texts, geometrical shapes or custom ones, Béziers curves and many other tools could be employed to create logos, flyers, posters, web designs, brochures and many more.

Illustrator is also easy to learn, even if you will always find new features while working with it. If you have any doubt, you can just contact the support or browse on the internet to find millions of tips, tutorials, how to, and so on.

Its scaleable results are perfect both for web and printing. No pixelation anymore! A very professional software for professional works.

Pros

Easy-to-use and easy-to-learn. Its menus and toolbar are intuitive and offer a wide range of action or tools to create your artwork. Starting from simple shapes till really complex projects.

You may contact the Adobe support at any time if needed. There are also a lot of helpful resources online, so you only have to ask to figure out any issue.

It allows creating vector projects that are completely scalable and so perfect for any use.

It works on almost any OS. It is the most complete vector graphic design software at the moment, even if Affinity Designer is becoming very competitive and is turning out to be a good alternative to Illustrator.

Cons

You might encounter some bug while working on Illustrator. It may happen that the software will crash while using it so pay attention to activate the recovery option and to compulsively save your work to avoid the loss of the work done.

It's a little bit expensive, considering that Affinity Designer is increasing its features at an unbeatable price.

David

Long-time Adobe User

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

My overall experience with Adobe Illustrator, and other Adobe products, has generally been good. However, since they moved to a subscription model, I have run into several glitches that required re-authorizing the software on my computer, and in at least once instance I was unable to connect to Adobe's server, couldn't authorize my software, and lost a day of work time when I was on a deadline.

Pros

Having worked in graphic design for 25 years, I have used many iterations of Adobe Illustrator, and currently use Illustrator CC on a daily basis. I also used to teach an Illustrator course at a local community college. What I like most is that the core functions have remained largely the same over time, and the software is mature and stable. It's actually the only program I've ever used for creating vector graphics, so I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I find Illustrator to be intuitive, and the learning curve for competence is average for a design program. I typically use Illustrator for logos and infographics, and it is ideally suited to those tasks.

Cons

My main complaint with Adobe Illustrator is that certain tools which share similar functions across programs in the Adobe line-up - most notably, Photoshop and InDesign - don't operate consistently. For instance, the resize tool in Illustrator works differently than it does in Photoshop, and it works differently in Indesign, compared to the other two. My other main complaint is that Adobe has changed the icons for several of the tools in the tool bar, and changed the arrangement of tools, for no apparent reason. This creates a lot of unnecessary confusion, particularly for long-time users who have grown accustomed to the old tool bar that remained relatively unchanged for many years. The new icons are no more intuitive than the old ones, and in some cases they are less. Now that Adobe has gone to a subscription model, and doesn't need feature updates to drive software sales, most professional Illustrator users (and Adobe Creative Cloud users) would prefer the company focus on security updates and stop fixing things that aren't broken.

Burhan
Burhan
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best Industry Standard Vector Designing Software, Period

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

I've been using Adobe Illustrator since I stepped into the software industry—almost 4 years now. The tool has no comparison to other tools currently available in the market. I mostly use Illustrator for designing illustrations, icons for mobile and websites, wireframes for mobiles, and print documents like brochures, business cards, etc. I now use Sketch for designing UI, but it's really hard to design icons there. So I design icons in Illustrator and copy those icons to sketch. This is the best tool and it's an industry standard.

Pros

Work on Windows, Mac, iPad, and even on iPhone with limited features.
You can have multiple artboards when designing in Illustrator.
A lot of tools to make your workflow easier. For building shapes, it has tools like pen tool, Pathfinder and shape builder.
It has a dynamic gradient feature, which means your gradient is not limited to a linear or radial gradient. You can create a gradient with as many colors and as many points as you like and you can change the position of those color points too. Now our gradient colors can go into multiple directions. So no need to create multiple gradient layers and blend those.
Advanced features to round the corners of sharp corners. You can make rounded corner by putting value as well as you can drag a small icon near points with mouse.
One of the reason to use Adobe Creative Cloud softwares is their Echo System. You can use your work designed in Illustrator and directly Import in After Effects.
You can also copy elements from Illustrator (Ctrl+C) and directly paste it in Photoshop (Ctrl+V). And this also works in Sketch for Mac.
There are a lot of features like perspective tool, If you wanna create an illustration in a single or multiple point perspective. Blend tool, Mesh tool, 3d Effects and many more.
You can also create symbols and changing in one place will change it everywhere.
Exporting Assets are just one click away.
Tons of shortcuts to speed up your workflow.

Cons

The long learning curve, especially when you have no previous design background. So expect to invest at least 6-12 months to fully master it.

You have to fully grasp the core concepts of it when playing with paths and shapes. Joining paths perfectly using the grid may take time If you have not much experience with it.

Suzanne

Industry Standard For Good Reason

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

I consider Illustrator to be an essential program for anyone who works in vector graphics.

Pros

Overall, this is a wonderful program that has well earned its reputation as industry standard. When working with a lot of precise calculations, perspectives, exact distances, and/or alignments, Illustrator does most of the heavy lifting so I can focus on just creating great art. Working with vectors is a great way to create very polished and clean designs that are infinity scalable.

Small file sizes are also especially handy because it makes it easy to make backup-copies of your layers at different stages in case you ever need access to an earlier version. Even if I've worked with huge dimensions or had hundreds of objects in a single file, I've generally only experienced serious lag if I incorporate non-vector elements to my file, such as placed photographs or special effects like drop shadows.

Illustrator is extremely handy to use in conjunction with other Adobe products. I've especially frequently created a vector in Illustrator then copied it over to Photoshop or InDesign. When pasting things into Photoshop, I can create a Smart Object so that I can still edit it in Illustrator and it will then automatically update in Photoshop.

Cons

Some of the keyboard shortcuts, such as select/deselect all, are different between different Adobe products like Illustrator and Photoshop. While this can be customized by users, that isn't always possible in situations like one of my old jobs where I shared a computer with another designer and we constantly went back and forth between Illustrator and Photoshop. Improving consistency between Adobe products would allow for smoother workflow.

The perspective tools can also be rather clunky to use sometimes. One of the most frustrating aspects has been if I need to use any shape-building tools on an object already in perspective - after I've used the shape building tools, I can no longer use the perspective move tool because Illustrator tries to reapply the perspective onto an object already in perspective. Another example is that the 3D tools don't automatically have options in the drop-down menu to work with the perspective grid in place. If you, for instance, want to extrude an object and place it into alignment with your perspective grid, you have to either do the math yourself to create a custom extrude, or you have to manually rotate and extrude the object without the use of the 3D tool.

On occasion, I have also had issues with art dimension size limitations and had to copy to Photoshop to enlarge to the size I needed to print.

I also dislike that this program is currently only available through subscription.

SK
SK
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Considered an industry standard but with cons

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

I have solved a number of business problems with Adobe Illustrator and I am grateful to have it. In particular the tracing feature has helped me many times by translating a jpg to a vector-based image that is then perfect for design work, fully scalable and easy to send to print. Adobe Illustrator involves some deep investment and the problematic subscription system is causing it to lose customers but to its credit it is continually supplying users with new features and top tools.

Pros

If your thing is graphic design in a vector format, it has a collection of powerful tools that allow for endless versatility and beautiful final products and with each release this brilliant program just gets better. Yes, there is a learning curve but there is also a myriad of resources to teach a new user how to find their way around this program, which unfolds and becomes fascinating in its depth of capability. I studied Adobe Illustrator in design school and it is a pleasure to use. Work flow can be customized for an individual user. Endless features with powerful abilities. I personally value assets such as batch change and movable panes, as well as Adobe Illustrator's great brush library, endless fonts and a feeling of unlimited functionality for those committed to developing high quality vector-based design.

Cons

There is an online subscription fee with a high cancellation charge and people trying to unsubscribe meet with extremely frustrating customer support. Through its problematic subscription arrangement Adobe is creating a large number of bitter customers. In terms of the program itself, it does have occasional bugs that surface and more seriously, actual crashing issues, although generally Illustrator is great at saving work before crashing. It can run slowly on computers without high amounts (16 gigs) of RAM, and large files can take up a lot of space on your computer. These problems make Adobe Illustrator, which is considered a required program for all new graphic designers, also represent a sort of elitism that I dislike. Customer service failings and the feeling of being trapped in an expensive monthly subscription, along with the near-necessity of sinking at least $1000 into buying a high RAM computer, are not artist-friendly. Adobe didn't used to be like this. It's as if they know their suite of creative tools are industry standard and they are holding designers somewhat at ransom to their reputation, not a marriage everyone wants. However, while there ARE open source and alternative vector design programs for fledgling designers, including ones that are open source and not elitist in the way Adobe currently seems to be, these will also come with their own problems, in particular they will not have Adobe Illustrator's perfect colour-matching and ease of interface.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees
  • Used for 2+ years

“An awesome graphic designing software with many tools”

Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Adobe illustrator is a wonderful software and its features are amazing. I am using this software for my graphic designing work and I use this software for video editing, web designing, making shapes, photo editing, and creating logos for my projects as well as for my university clubs which I have engaged in. It consists of many awesome tools. According to my overall opinion, this graphic designing software helps me a lot and I highly recommended this software for graphic designers.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator software has loads of options for creation and it is boundless. It gives me the output which I dreamed about and it satisfies me all expectations too. Adobe Illustrator consists of many tools such as After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, Illustrator, and Adobe Premiere which give me marvelous functions. These tools can be easily learned if we touch with our basic understandings about their usage. I should tell that this software consists of a first-rate vector tool that can be used to create vector graphics and this software can be used to make high-quality graphics using these amazing graphics tools. This software is convenient with its price and adobe creative cloud package comes with it. This software is capable of creating graphs, charts, animations, and cartoons too. The continual software updates with immediate fixes and new features that help to improve this software are commendable. I love the integration of this software with other Adobe products such as InDesign and Photoshop as it helps me to get files and access them. I am so happy with using this software.

Cons

This software takes a lot of time when loading on my computer. I think that this software is hard to use by a beginner as it requires good training to use this software. Sometimes it is difficult to find tools on the interface. The hiding if tools over other tools are annoying and it is difficult to find out them and I am confused to open these tools in these times. Immense use of CPU and RAM. Those are the downsides I observed in this software and these issues should be concerned.

Sandesh
Sandesh

Fast and clear

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

I am currently using it from past 6 months and it has given me the best experience. It has also helped me to unlock new potential I had but could not discover it. My skills got better in terms of logo design and banner design which were so subtle and basic before I started using the Illustrator.

I would pay the price to use this software if it comes to logo design, banner making and vector art - because of the cool elements of it. I'm fascinated by the sharp clear clarity on the vector art produced by this software. Wow!

Pros

I love the way art is manipulated into vector graphics because it can be infinitely enlarged and there is unlimited flexibility to make banners, logos, brochures, mock-ups, visiting cards to name a few out of thousands to millions.

These allow Adobe Illustrator to be helpful for the vector art, hand-drawn paints, illustrations. I love the way the software is built - let me give an example - if I draw freehand on any sketch or an image, it traces in a clean and sharp path. Unlike in Photoshop, the path gets distorted.

Basically I am a mechanical engineer and the flexibility this software has in storing or exporting the work to AutoCAD .dwg format is most appreciable.

I love to work with this software for logo design, banner design, simple text illustration or typography illustration. As it produces vector art, the design or any work created from it is sharp, crisp and possesses amazing aesthetic qualities.

Cons

It is not like Adobe Photoshop which allows us to edit raster images to endless possibilities. It is harder for any beginner unless he/she knows the basics of Photoshop. One needs to understand the basics of graphics design to get hold of this software. The options are bit tough to understand and tools needs deeper understanding of graphic design.

I did not like the idea of storing the images, it is hard for any beginner to choose from several options with sub-options. Swatch panel colours gets disappeared and I should go to settings to arrange them back. Cannot trace an image properly using the artificial intelligence inside Illustrator.

Souhil
Souhil

The Best Vector Based Design Software

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

I use Illustrator daily to create cool vector designs because I need the highest resolution to print them on a lot of things and with Illustrator I really get the things done and I'm always happy with the results.
I think Adobe Illustrator is the best Vector and Design software in the market right now and after using it for many years I never had any problems and I always get the work done.
Adobe is an amazing company, and I'm sure they will keep improving this software and adding some useful tools and features.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and you can create anything from scratch, you need just some designing or drawing knowledge, and you are good to go.
It comes with a lot of useful design tools, filters, and effects...etc.
I can create anything using Adobe Illustrator and the sky is the limit.
I can also, use it to create topography designs for many things (shirts, wall art, business cards, text)...etc.
I like adobe stock and the library of graphics, images, videos, and templates.
Also, the drawing app is great, and It allows me to draw on top of any picture using different elements and colors.
Fast rendering especially for the biggest resolution of 300 DPI.
I like the shortcuts and this gives us a fantastic option to save time doing our creative work on Adobe Illustrator.
It allows me to use my files saved in Dropbox without downloading them because I can browse them from Illustrator.
I can open many PDF files and use them as a vector and I can convert any picture/image to a vector with simple steps.
The best thing about Illustrator is you can use Photoshop files and InDesign files without any problem and you can edit them too with it.
Also, Creative Cloud is an amazing deal and you can get access to a lot of cool stuff.
Adobe website has a lot of free resources about how to use Adobe Illustrator and about everything related to design and creativity.

Cons

I would love to see the crop tool in Illustrator like in Photoshop.
They can add some Photoshop tools to Illustrator for example "remove background" tool.
But, after all, they are doing a great job and always I get a new version I really feel the change they made to the program.

John

A great product that has not adapted to the times.

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

For decades, Adobe Illustrator served me well. In the beginning, it was the best. But Corel Draw eventually eclipsed it in features and ease-of-use. But as the standard that I had learned to use well and had grown with, I still gravitated to AI, for most projects.

But two things happened almost simultaneously that moved me away from AI.

First, Adobe went exclusively to a subscription model, meaning that I would no longer OWN my software, if I upgraded. FYI, I'm still on CS6, which I OWN. I have not and will not rent software, because of the possibility of being locked out of my software at a critical time, when I need it most.

The second reason is the release of Affinity Designer/Photo, which are the first fully functional products aimed at replacing Illustrator and Photoshop. Designer does virtually everything that Illustrator can do, does it for a whole lot less money, and I OWN IT. The only thing I have found that Affinity products won't do (yet), is pattern overlays in fx. But I'm sure that will be coming soon.

I used to be an Adobe evangelist. But today, I have become an Affinity evangelist and I barely use my CS6 Adobe Suite that has been relegated to a VMware partition, with an old version of MacOS, that I only use for archive files.

Adobe Illustrator used to be the standard and well deserved. That is no longer the case and also well deserved. They are over-priced, considering that other equivalent products now exist for a fraction of the cost.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator was the standard for years, before there was competition in this market. Then, even after Corel Draw came along, which was a better (5-star) product, Adobe managed to remain the standard, by continuing to be at least a very good product (4-star). It seems that being the standard means you don't have to be the best, but you must be very good and Illustrator was just that - very good.

Cons

Several features in Adobe Illustrator were poorly implemented. Though there were more than a few such issues, one that comes to mind is the ease of placing an image within another object, when using Corel Draw, as compared to the convoluted steps to do the same thing in AI.

But Adobe Illustrator lost me as a user, when Adobe went to a subscription base. It's not an issue of money. I have been willing to pay large sums of money, for the full suite of Adobe graphic/photo design tools, including Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and the now discontinued Flash (ActiveScript). My concern is that I can't afford to be told that I can't use my software now, because my fully paid-up subscription can't be confirmed on the server. That's exactly what could happen, if a hacker penetrated Adobe's license server and deleted or changed all the license files. Any number of other scenarios could have similar results. That's why I OWN my software.

Sure, a hacker could get into my system and cause damage. But I work behind two firewalls and I'm a very minor target for hackers. Adobe, by contrast, is so large that they're a prime target for hackers. They will be targeted by 10,000 hackers, before I'm attacked once. I'll take my chances with OWNED software on my system, rather than leave that security to a stranger, at a high-value target.

Besides, I can now to everything with Affinity Designer that I used to do with AI. It also costs less and I OWN it. Bye AI.

• Industry: Design

Illustrator's power is unmatched.

Reviewed on 2021/12/21

Overall Illustrator has been a critical part of my business. Without it there are many tasks that I would not be able to accomplish. Most larger agencies use it and share files in Illustrator's format so it's critical that I can open and work in those files without having to ask them to convert them and risk losing subtle design elements or flexibility.

Pros

Illustrator just keeps getting more powerful and more capable. It's so ubiquitous that if you don't use it you'll have a harder time collaborating with agencies across the planet as you produce art. There is practically nothing you can't do with it in terms of creating vector and hand drawn artwork and graphics.

Cons

Some of the interface handles are too small and it's difficult to grab them. I'd like to be able to make them any size I want. I use high resolution monitors and some elements are just tiny, no matter how good your eyes are. Other then that, I can't really find anything to be critical about. As with all software, there are functions that you'd probably implement differently if you were the developer, but it does everything I need and then some.

Sundiep

A reliable programme for vector and graphics work

Reviewed on 2023/02/02

My creativity may now be developed and expressed thanks to Adobe Illustrator. I've created incredible logos and businesses that have become brands, presentations, and vector icons. It is the industry's top vector design. I continue to get greater outcomes every day. When it comes to web design or even branding for t-shirts or print on other products, Ai delivers the greatest tools to produce vectors and illustration designs that give wings to the imagination and fashion come alive. Ai is quite competent. Just wanted to thank the devs. I've only ever encountered the greatest design and editing firm in Adobe.

Pros

The amount of sophistication of Adobe Illustrator's capabilities reflects its long history and longevity. Because Adobe is so widely used, cooperation is simple and results are reliable. Each tool may be modified to suit a particular requirement or preference, and the workspace may also be customized to fit particular design scenarios. I put a lot of importance on typography. There is nothing that can compare to the fine-grained control that Adobe Illustrator offers for typing operations. On this front, Adobe benefits from decades of experience, collaborations, and the close integration between Illustrator and other Creative Cloud products, which also happen to be widely used in the design business.

Cons

The drawback that I can see is that it might be a bit challenging to explore all the wonderful functions that the program offers if I don't have the professional skills to operate it. Therefore, if I don't know how to accomplish that outcome, the work starts to look a bit unprofessional. I also detest it when it crashes when I'm working, which is another problem. A circumstance when I was planning a presentation happened to me. The file won't open after I correctly saved it and tried to access it later. It indicated that my file was corrupt in some way.

Muhammad

Review for Adobe Illustrator

Reviewed on 2023/04/05

Adobe Illustrator is a powerful design tool that can help businesses of all sizes create high-quality graphics, illustrations, and designs that help them stand out from the competition and communicate their brand message effectively.

Pros

One of the most impactful features of Adobe Illustrator is its vector-based design tools, which allow you to create precise and scalable designs that can be easily edited and adjusted as needed. This is particularly useful for creating logos, illustrations, and other graphics that need to be reproduced in various sizes and formats.Another impactful feature of Illustrator is its ability to create and work with multiple artboards, which allows you to work on multiple designs within the same document. This can be particularly helpful when creating designs for print or web, as you can easily create different versions or variations of your design.Illustrator also offers a wide range of design tools and features, including the pen tool, shape tools, and text tools, that allow you to create detailed and complex designs with ease. The program also offers a variety of design templates and the ability to create and save your own custom templates, making it easier to get started on a new design project.In terms of ease of use, Illustrator can be a complex program to learn, particularly for beginners. However, the program offers a range of tutorials, online resources, and a user-friendly interface that can help users get started and improve their skills over time.

Cons

Some users have also reported issues with the program's stability and performance, particularly when working with large and complex designs. This can result in crashes, slow processing times, and other technical issues that can be frustrating for users.Regarding integration with existing business processes, some users may find it difficult to integrate Illustrator with other software or systems, particularly if they are not part of the Adobe Creative Cloud ecosystem.In terms of missing or desired features, some users have requested better integration with data visualization tools, improved text layout options, and more advanced drawing tools. However, Adobe regularly releases updates and new features for Illustrator, so it's possible that some of these issues may be addressed in future updates

Badshah

The perfect tool for vector illustration and professional designing

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

A must-have tool for designing department in any organization. The software is not resolution dependent which gives guaranteed best print output every time. Affinity Designer is a close call but our team will go with Adobe Illustrator any day.

Pros

We have been using the original licensed version of the software in our organization for a pretty long time. The creative dept. uses the software for designing icons for web and app, logos, print materials and business cards. Can be virtually used for almost any type of designing. Expertise in Photoshop and InDesign will be very much helpful in using this software. A wide set of tools, filters and effects are available which makes sketches, designing and illustration an easy task. The paid version has a bundle of stock arts, high-quality vector artwork and fonts that can be used extensively. It also supports files from other external software such as PSD files from Adobe Photoshop, PDF, vector formats such as EPS, and CDR files from Corel Draw. Adobe cloud is an added advantage that makes sharing of creative data easy with others users.

Cons

1. Even though tutorials are useful, only a professionally trained designer can take full advantage of the software. The learning curve is steep. 1-2 year is required for attaining proficiency.
2. Quite expensive. This may be due to the monopoly Adobe has over this space.
3. Updates are very rare. For fixing minor to major bugs and errors, we have to wait a long time.
4. For editing objects with multiple nodes and for complex designing, the system resources are consumed very quickly and cause the system to hang or crash at many times.