Showing 7 985 reviews of 7 635

Kenyon C.
  • Industry: Photography

The Core of the apple

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

Building logos for myself and customers, Creating various types of art.

Pros

This is a beautifully put together piece of software with various features and applications. If you are a designer animator or even just a hobbyist. You can make anything graphic wise and paint as realistically a real brush!! Ai is a must-have for any serious designer

Cons

It can be a little hard to master although learning it is fun and rewarding in many ways. There are bugs and certain system errors but over its great

Josh B.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Review of Adobe illustrator

Reviewed on 2021/02/09

The business problems I am solving with Adobe Illustrator are the ability to design for both digital assets as well as large format trade show collateral and I have benefitted from the seamless integration with other design tools.

Pros

Feature that I found to be most impactful is the seamless compatibility with the other design products that our large design team uses.
I would rate the ease of use of this product as easy to use however there is a learning curve to make use of advanced or new features that are routinely added.
The integration into existing business processes was totally seamless.

Cons

The only thing that could be improved is sometimes when creating pixel accurate web asset mockups you need to be mindful of actual pixel resolution vs artboard size.
The process that was difficult to use was when saving back to a legacy format some complexity of file can be lost however that is to be expected of any software.
The integration into existing business processes was not difficult because it is conveniently offered as part of our teams Creative Suite package.

Love Illustrator

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

It's my preferred illustration software. I've used it for so many years and will continue to use it for years to come

Pros

I love this product. It's the best for 2 dimensional design. I love that I have no pixel issues with my illustrations. I love that the design sizes are not too large, I love that I can transfer my illustrations to Photoshop and tweak them easily. I love that I can make large prints without any problems, I especially love that I can use it in both windows and apple without issues.

Cons

It requires time and patience to teach someone to use it. It requires a stable machine preferable with cores i5 and higher otherwise the machine will keep shutting down.

Zandrich M.

Adobe Illustrator: A Proven Formula

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

Illustrator was my first foray into the world of computer-aided design and digital art; my first license was provided as part of my Multimedia Design studies just shy of a decade ago - and I've not once considered looking back.

Initially, I found the interface somewhat intimidating - the workspace was dotted with a plethora of icons representing tools I never knew existed - but once I started exploring, the tools, keyboard shortcuts and my workflow melded into an experience like none other.

To express my experience of it somewhat allegorically - Illustrator and I operate as one. With my muscle memory refined, and my understanding of the available tools expanded, ideas, both technical and abstract in nature, could flow onto my screen without restriction.

I personally recommend Adobe Illustrator to my contemporaries within the industry, and often professionals working in other fields altogether.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator is very, very expansive; Adobe managed to marry the tried-and-trusted tools and processes of the more well-known Photoshop, with the logic and functionality of mundane CAD suites - elegantly. Adobe Illustrator has, for that reason, been a mainstay within my design workflow, and beyond, for almost a decade.

One of its strongest features (often overlooked), is the ability to utilize multiple 'artboards' (pages) in a single workspace (unlike the single composition format of Photoshop); this allows a user to sketch plans, create artwork, take notes, and compile documents all in one place - a must for projects where one needs to compile related documents in parallel with a creative workflow.

Adobe Illustrator, and the Adobe Creative Suite as a whole, remains the standard within all creative and marketing practices around the world for one simple reason - they are based on a proven formula, one that has both reinvented the wheel and built on prior successes.

Cons

Although Adobe Illustrator has come very far since I was first introduced to the CS5 release, it cannot be picked up by someone to be mastered in one work day - this in itself is not a weakness - Adobe Illustrator is, and always has been, software intended to enhance the abilities of someone familiar with computer-aided design suites.

Souhil S.

The Best Vector Based Design Software

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

I use Illustrator daily to create cool vector designs because I need the highest resolution to print them on a lot of things and with Illustrator I really get the things done and I'm always happy with the results.
I think Adobe Illustrator is the best Vector and Design software in the market right now and after using it for many years I never had any problems and I always get the work done.
Adobe is an amazing company, and I'm sure they will keep improving this software and adding some useful tools and features.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and you can create anything from scratch, you need just some designing or drawing knowledge, and you are good to go.
It comes with a lot of useful design tools, filters, and effects...etc.
I can create anything using Adobe Illustrator and the sky is the limit.
I can also, use it to create topography designs for many things (shirts, wall art, business cards, text)...etc.
I like adobe stock and the library of graphics, images, videos, and templates.
Also, the drawing app is great, and It allows me to draw on top of any picture using different elements and colors.
Fast rendering especially for the biggest resolution of 300 DPI.
I like the shortcuts and this gives us a fantastic option to save time doing our creative work on Adobe Illustrator.
It allows me to use my files saved in Dropbox without downloading them because I can browse them from Illustrator.
I can open many PDF files and use them as a vector and I can convert any picture/image to a vector with simple steps.
The best thing about Illustrator is you can use Photoshop files and InDesign files without any problem and you can edit them too with it.
Also, Creative Cloud is an amazing deal and you can get access to a lot of cool stuff.
Adobe website has a lot of free resources about how to use Adobe Illustrator and about everything related to design and creativity.

Cons

I would love to see the crop tool in Illustrator like in Photoshop.
They can add some Photoshop tools to Illustrator for example "remove background" tool.
But, after all, they are doing a great job and always I get a new version I really feel the change they made to the program.

Joshua D.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Excellent Design Software

Reviewed on 2020/09/27

My overall experience is awesome, because I wil stil use it other than other creative programs. It has a great edge over others because you can create any type of art right from scratch.

Pros

I like teh fact that as a designer, i can create a multitude of art work with Adobe illustrator, ranging from video games, brand logos and promotional materials.
I like it because i can also use it for designs & topography such as business cards, clothing, billboards, artistic & stylistic illustrations.
It is integrated with Adobe creative cloud which makes it easier for sharing my art projects and creative assets.
I love its capability to create pixel-perfect designs, clear lines are automatically aligned to the grid.
I get access to over 90 million graphics, images and templates through Adobe Stock.
It makes me and other designers i know to start our artwork from fresh, clean pages and also easy to edit ready made artworks or templates.
Also like the option where i can convert my designs to PDF files and other types of image files, which i find very comfortable to work with any type of format my clients request for.
It offers great compatibility with othe Adobe programs like the Adobe Photoshop and Premiere.
No bounds to the creativity i can imagine to make as long as you know how to make use of the tools.

Cons

It takes a while to load each time I try to open up the application.
It also slows down other programs on my computer becuase its a massive program, especially when I have both Illustrator & Photoshop running at the time.
Sometimes the main colour paletes won't show in the upper taskbar which can be a pain when you have to figure out how to get it, especially for newbies.
The hotkeys are weird compared to other programs like photoshop, especially when you are trying to use hotkey to export.
Not really suitable for beginners, requires training to know how to use. Sometimes I had to use google to figure out where some certain tools are when I just started using the program.
Adobe lacks a full mobile verwsion of Illustrator, which would be very helpful & handy when working on mobile or on an ipad.
The most recent version interface is very annoying as I can't find tools where i expect to find them, including critical tools.

Sandesh B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Fast and clear

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

I am currently using it from past 6 months and it has given me the best experience. It has also helped me to unlock new potential I had but could not discover it. My skills got better in terms of logo design and banner design which were so subtle and basic before I started using the Illustrator.

I would pay the price to use this software if it comes to logo design, banner making and vector art - because of the cool elements of it. I'm fascinated by the sharp clear clarity on the vector art produced by this software. Wow!

Pros

I love the way art is manipulated into vector graphics because it can be infinitely enlarged and there is unlimited flexibility to make banners, logos, brochures, mock-ups, visiting cards to name a few out of thousands to millions.

These allow Adobe Illustrator to be helpful for the vector art, hand-drawn paints, illustrations. I love the way the software is built - let me give an example - if I draw freehand on any sketch or an image, it traces in a clean and sharp path. Unlike in Photoshop, the path gets distorted.

Basically I am a mechanical engineer and the flexibility this software has in storing or exporting the work to AutoCAD .dwg format is most appreciable.

I love to work with this software for logo design, banner design, simple text illustration or typography illustration. As it produces vector art, the design or any work created from it is sharp, crisp and possesses amazing aesthetic qualities.

Cons

It is not like Adobe Photoshop which allows us to edit raster images to endless possibilities. It is harder for any beginner unless he/she knows the basics of Photoshop. One needs to understand the basics of graphics design to get hold of this software. The options are bit tough to understand and tools needs deeper understanding of graphic design.

I did not like the idea of storing the images, it is hard for any beginner to choose from several options with sub-options. Swatch panel colours gets disappeared and I should go to settings to arrange them back. Cannot trace an image properly using the artificial intelligence inside Illustrator.

Jeffrey B.

Illustrator - the standard for graphic design

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Overall my experience has been great. I definitely recommend AI if you are serious about design. It can handle any area of design and is a workhorse of a program - it is very flexible.

But with great flexibility, comes great complexity. So, therefore, even though I have a pretty good understanding of how to use Illustrator, there's still more for me to learn after many years. Not to mention they always add new features.

And I still have to take some time to creatively express exactly what I envision.

For this reason, I also use Affinity Designer on my Mac, alongside illustrator. The reason is, Affinity Designer is much more simple and certain tasks are quicker with Affinity.

However, anytime I need to do more complex stuff, such

Pros

The nice thing about Adobe Illustrator is you can do anything you want, as far as manipulating graphics and creating any digital artwork or illustration imaginable. It's so versatile in what you can do, that it also can seem very complex to the novice.

But if you stick with it and use it consistently or take some tutorials, once you learn the ins and outs of Adobe Illustrator, you begin to realize what it's capable of. I have used Inkscape and affinity designer and though I use affinity designer (due to the simplicity and quickness at some tasks), I always turn to Adobe Illustrator when I need to do more complex tasks.

I am old school, and typically like drawing by hand. The great thing about digital design is you can still get a tablet and draw by hand if you like. This is obvious to many people but some may not be aware or haven't made the jump over to trying a drawing tablet yet. If you haven't tried one and you love drawing with traditional media, you are going to love working with a tablet in Illustrator.

Cons

The biggest con I can think of is the learning curve. When first starting to use Adobe Illustrator is it can seem very complex. So when you're new, is a pretty big learning curve. With that said, I still am learning after 5+ years.

For this reason, I recommend taking some tutorials or classes to understand what illustrator is capable of and for learning what every tool does. Taking tutorials also gives you an insight into how to creatively use tools for different purposes.

I know when I first learned Illustrator. I had a good idea of what most tools did. But I just wasn't aware of the different use cases on how to creatively construct my artwork, actually using the tools. It was something that slowed me down, compared to just grabbing a pencil and paper and sketching out my vision.

But once you learn to use the different tools together, you start to get a flow going and you get quicker with time.

Braden W.
  • Industry: Machinery

A Graphic Design Must

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Overall, I would rate my experience positively. I am the Marketing Manager for a small company, and do consulting on the side, both of which require me to conduct some graphic design. Although I am not a designer/artist by trade, I've found as our business and my consulting has grown I have needed to enhance my knowledge and skills in GD in order to "keep up". Although you can find work arounds, I would say that Illustrator is a great tool for anyone who works in the Graphic Design field, or even the periphery.

Pros

For an experienced Adobe user, this is an easy software to pickup because it is structured in the same manner as the other Creative Cloud applications. Tools and layering is all the same which makes it easy to adapt too. The greatest individual/unique benefit is that it allows for A LOT more freedom for design than, namely, Adobe Photoshop. The reason I compare the two is that you could theoretically use them for similar static graphic design purposes and get relatively similar end results. However, Adobe allows for far more functionality and flexibility to create and design static imagery, and is far more tailored to true artwork than editing.

Cons

Some of the functional tools are not as easy to manipulate in comparison to other Creative Cloud apps. Using Photoshop as a semi-comparable rival for static graphic design-specific purposes; for the application of manipulating objects and text, I found Illustrator to have a steeper learning curve than Photoshop. Since it allows you to delve into more aspects of manipulating the objects, and to create vector imagery out of anything (or just about) that you create within an ai document, I found myself inadvertently altering objects in ways I was unfamiliar with. To be fair, I did not take any formal coursework or tutorial prior to diving in to using Illustrator, all was self-taught after having more extensive experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.

Govinda H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Review for Adobe Illustrator

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

Overall, I think it is a software that offers a lot of functions and provides value for money. It helps me with my learning curve and can visually represent almost anything you want.

Pros

Adobe illustrator is completely scalable and works well with designing logos and cartoons which is what I basically do. You also have in-panel editing which makes it better. It is user-friendly too.

Cons

The fact that it offers limited support for raster graphics and that it requires a lot of patience. The loading time is also very high, comparatively.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Perfect for quick sketching & complex projects

Reviewed on 2019/04/04

My work is layout-centric and Illustrator is perfect for drawing up sketches for me. I can only recommend it to anyone working with Adobe products, given that the integration is completely seamless. My warm recommendations!

Pros

- Standard in the Creativity Industry, supports a broad variety of file types
I've been in the industry since last year and am still yet to discover someone who doesn't have Illustrator. Illustrator (together with other Adobe products) is the de-facto standard for creating graphics which means that file-sharing and cooperating on files won't be a problem. What's really important is that it supports many filetypes: for example svg and eps.

- Creative cloud: Updates are free, all older versions are easily accessible
Illustrator (CC) is a recurring subscription which means that you'll get new updates without having to pay extra for them. As part of the CC application, you will also get access to all older versions of Illustrator CC, which can be useful for compatibility reasons.

- Stable
Only once have I experienced a crash with Illustrator and it was the fault of my graphics card driver. I can vouch that Illustrator is extremely stable and provided that your computer's specifications meet the minimum requirements, you shouldn't have any problems with it.

-Integrated with InDesign and other Adobe Suite Products
This, to me, is the distinction between Illustrator and other software types. I use InDesign heavily and the intercompatibility of Adobe has left me wanting anytime I have to use something else. My favorite example of this is editing with Illustrator in InDesign-it lets you adjust certain already layouted elements in InDesign without relayouting everything.

Cons

- Subscription Payment
This is a double-edged sword. For private users this is problematic because it ends up being expensive down the road. However, for companies and organizations this means that you get tech support and updates included into the price.

- Steep learning curve
The premises of the program are basic. However, for advanced tasks, you will need to consult manuals/tutorials if you've never used the software before. Even if it is intuitive, the sheer amount of features can be overwhelming for beginners.

- High System Requirements
I believe this one explains itself. For advanced projects, you will need a beefier machine

Brian S.
  • Industry: Military
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great once you get over the learning curve

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

I have used Illustrator for over a decade, and it is the best vector graphic software on the market, and the industry standard. While it has a steep learning curve, with its litany of features and capabilities, Adobe and third party sites provide a lot of resources for just-in-time training and tutorials for most features.

While it may be cost prohibitive if you are not using it for business purposes, I wouldn't say the application is overpriced because of its capability, quality, and industry-standard reputation that has been built over the years.

Pros

I use illustrator for my job on a regular basis, and it is unmatched in terms of its capability for creating and editing vector graphics. There are so many features and capabilities within the software, I doubt that I have even scratched the surface of Illustrator's capability.

What I really love about Illustrator is how versatile your graphics can be if you create everything in an organized manner. For example, if I create a graphic with flower pots in the background, for example, and later I need an image with flower pots as the focus, it's very easy to grab those layers or objects from the original image and use them for my new graphic. Because everything is vector, I don't need to worry about resolutions, backgrounds, etc. So time up front to create well organized work will help you build a versatile library over time.

Additionally, the internet provides a vast amount of resources and sites where you can download other AI files and use parts of them to create graphics that meet your needs.

Cons

Illustrator has a steep learning curve that might not make it the best resource for casual users. While Adobe provides a lot of learning resources through their site, other third party sites provide a lot of training, and Youtube always has videos that can just-in-time train you on about anything, there's always more features and capabilities to discover within the application. My first experience with Illustrator was way back in college, around 2005, and I've used it pretty consistently in my career ever since. I still feel like I have a lot to learn before I could be considered an Illustrator "expert".

The other "con" about this application is the cost. With the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription service, the cost is now annual subscription, so you don't have to buy and update a version every year, but the cost may be prohibitive if you're not using Illustrator for business. However, given its capabilities, I wouldn't say it is overpriced.

Scaleable results

Reviewed on 2018/08/03

I have been using Illustrator for approximately three years now as a student and freelance graphic designer. I still learn new tips and tricks today that allow me to advance my skillset. Whatever issues I had or commands I couldn't figure out on my own, a simple search online has always resulted in numerous answers to the same question that others already had. Problem solving has always been easy with the software as it has become my go-to tool for graphics.

Pros

Easy to use after some practice. The commands are approachable for a firsttime user and varied enough to fulfill the needs of a very experienced user. It is quite practically a blank canvas for vectors with which you can do anything you might need in static graphics and manipulate to your desire with a drag to copy command. After mastering the pen tool, you might find illustrator to be an alluring alternative to sketching or prototyping by hand because of how quickly things can be drawn out while still be very precise with aid of snapping/ grids. The combination of the shape tool with pathfinder allow the user to reach complexity of forms in few simple steps. It grants any user a higher level of craft without much effort. The more you use it, the more you discover. It becomes an essential tool for anyone who learns how to use it. Essentially anyone can find a reason to use Illustrator and pretty much anyone can get a hold of it within half an hour. Since it uses the same language and ecosystem, the Illustrator environment will be very familiar for anyone who has had the pleasure of playing around with Photoshop. An illustrator document also communicates well across other software for example, motion graphic, 3D modeling & printing, laser cutting, etc. It's a standard that will afford a user plenty of flexibility. If I had to choose only one design tool to depend on for the rest of my career, I would choose Illustrator.

Cons

Some commands / tools are hard to discover until you are in dire need of them and are forced to do an online search for a solution. There are a few commands that do not match up with other software in the Adobe ecosystem which can get confusing. (i.e Indesign / Photoshop / XD). Based on your computer's GPU performance, you may get strange glitches in the rendering of a graphic when the file gets large which can make working with that file a hassle- this however does not happen very often and there still are many workarounds. Adding effects can make the file sluggish as well. Managing groups and different appearances within a group can become cumbersome as things become nested within the layers. To some degree, the user has to learn the Adobe way of doing things which may not be entirely intuitive at first but makes a lot of sense once you figure it out. For those who are new to Adobe they will have to learn to organize their filling system as assets such as a linked image can otherwise disappear from a file and must be retrieved. Unfortunately, you cannot make sweeping changes across multiple artboards, but instead must individually edit each item.

Darla B.

Not too difficult for a non-designer to figure out

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

I was thrown into using this software when I started at my current company four years ago. I had only ever used PhotoShop, and then only on very basic terms. For someone who is not a designer, Illustrator was daunting at first, but it is actually a fun program to work in, and I have enjoyed learning more about it as I've worked in it as a Content Strategist.

Our designers use it to create a broad spectrum of marketing pieces from logos to single-page print pieces to full website designs, and they are all stunning. The ability to combine design and content is perfect for marketing creatives as it allows us to collaborate on our work without having to work in separate software and then combine elements at the end.

The learning curve with Illustrator is easily overcome by Adobe's plethora of online tutorialsvideo and printas well as the wealth of knowledge from other creatives willing to help you learn your way around the program. Trial and error is also a great way to learn the program. Click around and see what happens because you never know what great effect you might figure out!

Cons

There is definitely a learning curve with this program, as there is with any program similar to this. If you want to create an effect or illustrate something, you'll need to look up some tutorials if you've not worked in Illustrator before. Luckily, Adobe is great with these kinds of tutorials. And if you're still struggling, ask the internet because someone out there probably knows and can help.

It also won't do everything you're looking to do. For instance, it just isn't PhotoShop. If you need to edit a photo before you place it, you're still going to want to do that in a program like PS because that is what that software is for. Illustrator just isn't for that. Adobe has compartmentalized its programs a bit, and this one is no exception.

Niraj J.

Adobe Illustrator is hands down the best illustration software that is available in the market.

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

This software gave me the opportunity to express my imagination into the form of artwork. The best thing was that it didn't take much time to get a hold of this beautiful yet very complex software.

The fact that there is not a single better alternative to Adobe Illustrator says everything about the work they have put in to create it.

I was able to learn this software very quickly and got good in few weeks. I earn living with the use of this tool.

I'm glad that I came across this software.

Pros

Amazing interface.
They crafted it so perfectly that no other competitor can match it.

Easy to learn.
What is the best thing about any software? It should be easy to learn for a complete new person. Adobe Illustrator nails it. A person with artistic skills will learn this software in no time.

Quick support.
Are you stuck at any step or you have a bug that is stopping your project? Just contact Adobe and you will get support before you finish closing the software. Seriously, I have never seen such a swift support from any other company.

Vast amount of resources.
You don't need to worry about the help here. Millions of people use and post helpful resources on daily basis over the Internet forums. You will get many helpful professionals helping you when you are stuck at any of your progress. The best thing about this is that they will like to help you.

Multi OS support.
If you have a latest version of Adobe Illustrator, you can use it across many different OS. Be it Windows. Be it Ubuntu. Just connect your create cloud account and you don't have two worry about your operating system.

No pixelation!
So, most of the people struggle with one thing in the graphics industry and that is pixelation. But with the vector technology of Adobe Illustrator, you don't have to worry about the pixels anymore. You can zoom your art in a microscopic level and it'll still be crisp and clear.

Cons

Hight system resources.
So, it's very safe to assume that you're going to need a good computer to properly use Adobe Illustrator. It's a very advanced software with countless features that will use up your system resources.

Can't handle digital images very well.
As the purpose of Adobe Illustrator is to create vector art, it's not coded very well to be compatible with digital images that contains pixels. Pixels cannot be converted into vector so don't confuse photo editing softwares with illustrations softwares.

Very complex interface from other Adobe products.
Since it's a very powerful software, Adobe couldn't compromise on the complexion of its user interface. Artist will have to get used to the interface before starting to work on complex projects.

Badshah B.

The perfect tool for vector illustration and professional designing

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

A must-have tool for designing department in any organization. The software is not resolution dependent which gives guaranteed best print output every time. Affinity Designer is a close call but our team will go with Adobe Illustrator any day.

Pros

We have been using the original licensed version of the software in our organization for a pretty long time. The creative dept. uses the software for designing icons for web and app, logos, print materials and business cards. Can be virtually used for almost any type of designing. Expertise in Photoshop and InDesign will be very much helpful in using this software. A wide set of tools, filters and effects are available which makes sketches, designing and illustration an easy task. The paid version has a bundle of stock arts, high-quality vector artwork and fonts that can be used extensively. It also supports files from other external software such as PSD files from Adobe Photoshop, PDF, vector formats such as EPS, and CDR files from Corel Draw. Adobe cloud is an added advantage that makes sharing of creative data easy with others users.

Cons

1. Even though tutorials are useful, only a professionally trained designer can take full advantage of the software. The learning curve is steep. 1-2 year is required for attaining proficiency.
2. Quite expensive. This may be due to the monopoly Adobe has over this space.
3. Updates are very rare. For fixing minor to major bugs and errors, we have to wait a long time.
4. For editing objects with multiple nodes and for complex designing, the system resources are consumed very quickly and cause the system to hang or crash at many times.

Steve B.

Quite simply, I could not design software without Adobe Illustrator.

Reviewed on 2018/05/10

I need the ability to create high-fidelity mockups in my job as a UX designer. Without Illustrator, I couldn't do my job.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator has been an evolving tool for so long that its checkered history is sometimes hard to remember. I was a die-hard Freehand user when Adobe acquired Macromedia, and I missed artboards to the point that I refused to use Illustrator. When they were added to the product in the CS3 or CS4 release, I reevaluated the tool, and I've used it almost daily since then. While nearly all of the Creative Suite/Creative Cloud applications have a steep learning curve, there is a multitude of videos and blogs and groups that can help you accomplish what you're trying to do in Illustrator. Because files are vectors, they're not nearly as large as Photoshop, making them ideal for use with high-res systems. Import of EPS, SVG, and other vectors is fantastic. Export to them and PDF is also great. Export for Screens is a great addition, making icon generation for iOS and Android excellent. The recent integration with Adobe XD gets me closer to a fantastic workflow in static wireframing to interactive prototyping than possible using other tools.

Cons

The sheer complexity of Illustrator is only exceeded by Photoshop or Premier in the Creative Cloud suite. There are so many different ways of accomplishing nearly the same thing that the results can be meaningfully different at scale or when other effects are applied. Adobe Illustrator files can be imported into Sketch, but Illustrator cannot import Sketch files, which is problematic as I do not use a Mac and often receive Sketch assets, requiring me to find someone with a Mac to download a Sketch trial to convert to EPS or PDF so I can use the assets in Sketch. Adobe was late to getting its UI to support high-density displays on Windows, so older version were nearly impossible to use as the menu and toolbars were so tiny that they were almost illegible. While Adobe has made great strides in solving this, it still doesn't feel like the tool is ready for touch displays, rather ironic for a product named "Illustrator." Feature integration with the Microsoft Surface line of tools is nice, but not easily explained by the product. When I want to know what things it can do with my Surface Book, for example, I always have to hit up YouTube to find someone to explain it to me.

Derek R.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

My FAVORITE tool for website design

Reviewed on 2020/12/23

What I love most about Illustrator is how easy it is to manage different elements (text, simple graphics, etc. - because it's all vector-based) and how that easily translates into building websites. The lack of fancy filters and graphic editing tools found in Photoshop makes it easier to visualize how I'm going to rebuild my designs in HTML using just CSS. This means I can create sites that aren't reliant on lots of graphic files, resulting in a smaller footprint and faster loading times. I also prefer to have the big canvas with (if needed) multiple artboards for visualizing my ideas and moving design elements around until my vision is achieved.

Pros

Years ago, I designed websites in Photoshop. It's what everyone else was doing, so I did it too. At some point, I started using Illustrator, and haven't looked back. While I know Illustrator can do SO MUCH MORE than what I'm doing with it (and more than I can even comprehend), I have found it to be an invaluable tool in website design because of both 1) how easily I can create website compositions, and 2) how easy it is to replicate those designs in HTML and CSS. The more visual elements you can create with CSS in a website (and not rely on actual graphic files), the better.

Cons

For my purposes, I don't have any cons. I use the software almost every day and it does exactly what I need. If I can't "do it" in Illustrator, I know it's something I probably shouldn't be trying to achieve in HTML.

Easy and useful graphic design program

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

You can use Adobe Illustrator with peace of mind in any design you create with vectors without using real photos. Already I use Adobe Illustrator for 3-5 years. I can do many edits or create by Adobe illustrator. for instance graphic design, web design, site interfaces, firms; like business cards, posters, brochure, logo, banner design. Besides, you can work on every detail clearly and this is not overlooked.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator is part of Adobe pack and in general, it is used by designers. Adobe Illustrator graphic design program. Adobe illustrator is a very easy and useful program. Adobe Illustrator is preferred according to these functions. Customers can make a logo, brochure or flyer design, etc by Adobe Illustrator. The reason why Adobe Illustrator loved by customers is the vector feature.

Cons

If I say the truth, the license price is not cheap for us. in my opinion this is creating a problem for other customers. I can't see any problem related to features except that. But we would like to see new updates and additional features.

Gavin D.
  • Industry: Automotive

The Gold Standard for Vector Graphics

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Overall, Adobe Illustrator is the best vector graphics software in the industry. It integrates nicely with their other products, such as PhotoShop, and is recognized by companies everywhere as the only software to use for logo design. I would highly recommend Illustrator to anyone who asks, it is well worth the monthly subscription.

Pros

The genius of Illustrator is in the layout of the software. Vector graphics don't have to be complex (although they can be, if you would like them to) and Adobe designed the tools with that in mind. As a whole, it's fairly intuitive to use, the editing options are superb, and the depth of features really set it apart from other vector graphics software products. It truly is the gold standard.

Cons

While being fairly easy to navigate, the learning curve is quite steep at first. It comes with an array of tools so vast that I'm convinced even professional graphic designers rarely use most of them. However, that's not to say that Adobe should get rid of them, I just think that having multiple interfaces for beginners that hides those initially confusing tools could be useful.

Edgar R.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Getting faster and with more flow on each version

Reviewed on 2019/02/18

Even though I've tried other vector design software I still come back to my roots (I've been doodling around with it since version 4 back in 1992. I'm not an expert, but I can say that Illustrator always seems to amaze me. From the tremendously big app that needed alot of resources to even more fluent and fast versions, when I need to get the designs done the right way, to be used on print or screen, Illustrator is my place to go.

Pros

Each update seems a very big overhaul of the last version. Shape editing gets better and better by the day. Minimal adjustments can be made in seconds that make designing and drawing much quicker and not necesarily with a stylus pen. Making your vector designs shareable through other Adobe apps like Photoshop, Indesign, Premiere and even After Effects for motion graphics without quality loss is a big plus over other vector design software.
Plus, how about exporting your vectors to MS Office! you can do that on Powerpoint and Word just to make your daily office work and reports shine!

Cons

The price can be a bit of a draw back, but considering the Cloud version of Illustrator, getting your hands on a piece of software that is also a world standard in design can really be a good investment for anyone in th industry.
If you're new to Illustrator, the learning curve can be a little daunting... but, a plus to Illustrator is the common similarities with the interface and tools that can be found in other software from Adobe.

Ronit N.

A great tool for digital artists

Reviewed on 2020/10/14

The product is awesome and I really have very little complaint about its use.
It makes my life way more easier than using a bunch of free tools.
Illustrator has opened up a new skillset for me to develop.

Pros

I have started using this software after upskilling to become a designer. Being a writer, I never needed to use Illustrator but after I switched to being a digital artist, Illustrator has been one of the most invaluable tools.
The software is very easy to use with an intuitive user interface. There are tons of free tutorials to get you started on even the most complex projects.
Illustrator very efficiently uses RAM and can be used on lower-end hardware.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about Illustrator apart from the fact that the first time you fire up the program, the "getting started" page pops up which is undesirable and also impacts RAM usage.
And if you are switching from Inkscape, options might not be found where you were already used to.

• Industry: Design

Illustrator is the best design software

Reviewed on 2019/02/07

Adobe Illustrator is a very useful app with many possibilities. I have been able to contain its cons and that has enabled me to create wonderful graphic designs.

Pros

•Adobe illustrator integrates well with other Adobe products. I have been using adobe flash and Adobe Photoshop. Once I downloaded adobe illustrator and learned to use I perfectly, I was able to create anything of my imagination from the software.
•Adobe Illustrator works with virtually all systems. I operate the software from a creative cloud and I have always been able to us the software from any computer with any kind of OS. •Adobe illustrator enables me to improve the precision of my designs. It is the best app for graphics that are designed with precision.
•Adobe illustrator supports multiple page outputs, especially when working on multiple pages of a website.
•The vector in Adobe illustrator provides me with infinite resolution hence I don’t have to deal with the pixels in my graphic design. It allows me to work with high-resolution graphics in a superior way.

Cons

It takes a lot of time to learn how to operate the app especially if you are not familiar with any of its older versions.
•Adobe Illustrator has limited photo editing features. For me, I use adobe illustrator to design my initial graphics then finish up with Adobe Photoshop.
•Although adobe illustrator files are relatively small, they are sometimes difficult to share.
•Sometimes I want to deal with pixel art but adobe illustrator will not allow me to do so.

Patricia S.

Industry Standard for a Reason

Reviewed on 2019/02/23

Illustrator has freed me up to be the designer I never thought I could be. It's the place I start for all my projects, and then go from there to other programs. I'm probably not even using all the functionality available or in the "right" way, but it's more than enough to keep me in my job as a designer producing things others are unable to.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator is my go-to application from the entire suite. I probably use it way too much, but I can always find a way to do what I need with relative ease - even if the task is better suited to Photoshop or InDesign. I find that Illustrator offers the most flexibility and creativity for my projects. I can't design without it! Plus Adobe is continually upgrading and improving the software to make it more powerful and intuitive.

Cons

When people want to know how I design amazing graphics, reports, and slides - they're always faintly disappointed to hear that I do so in Illustrator because it means they're unlikely to be able to replicate my results. Yes, it is an investment of money as well as time to learn, and just because you can master the controls doesn't mean you have the instinct or eye of a designer. That's one of the main hurdles and reason I don't recommend going out and learning Illustrator for the casual person interested in design. It is a commitment, and can feel technical at times. But once you have it down, the only limit is your imagination!