7 196 reviews

Joshua D.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Excellent Design Software

Reviewed on 2020/09/27

My overall experience is awesome, because I wil stil use it other than other creative programs. It has a great edge over others because you can create any type of art right from scratch.

Pros

I like teh fact that as a designer, i can create a multitude of art work with Adobe illustrator, ranging from video games, brand logos and promotional materials.
I like it because i can also use it for designs & topography such as business cards, clothing, billboards, artistic & stylistic illustrations.
It is integrated with Adobe creative cloud which makes it easier for sharing my art projects and creative assets.
I love its capability to create pixel-perfect designs, clear lines are automatically aligned to the grid.
I get access to over 90 million graphics, images and templates through Adobe Stock.
It makes me and other designers i know to start our artwork from fresh, clean pages and also easy to edit ready made artworks or templates.
Also like the option where i can convert my designs to PDF files and other types of image files, which i find very comfortable to work with any type of format my clients request for.
It offers great compatibility with othe Adobe programs like the Adobe Photoshop and Premiere.
No bounds to the creativity i can imagine to make as long as you know how to make use of the tools.

Cons

It takes a while to load each time I try to open up the application.
It also slows down other programs on my computer becuase its a massive program, especially when I have both Illustrator & Photoshop running at the time.
Sometimes the main colour paletes won't show in the upper taskbar which can be a pain when you have to figure out how to get it, especially for newbies.
The hotkeys are weird compared to other programs like photoshop, especially when you are trying to use hotkey to export.
Not really suitable for beginners, requires training to know how to use. Sometimes I had to use google to figure out where some certain tools are when I just started using the program.
Adobe lacks a full mobile verwsion of Illustrator, which would be very helpful & handy when working on mobile or on an ipad.
The most recent version interface is very annoying as I can't find tools where i expect to find them, including critical tools.

Lance S.
Industry: Graphic Design

Industry-standard Vectoring Software

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

For the experienced user, Adobe Illustrator is a seamless experience. Almost everything that you need is readily available. The community a quite large and the online resources are endless. There are other alternatives such as CorelDraw and Inkscape, but the workflow UI resources and support you get with Illustrator just makes is not worth to consider other apps.

Pros

Compatibility is the keyword here. Most (if not all) decent design agencies, boutiques, in-house teams, press/printers and even freelancers use Adobe Creative Cloud. If your team is doing serious design work, you'll never go wrong purchasing Adobe Illustrator (along with the rest of the suite). And now that it is available on a SaaS or subscription-based model, Adobe ensures that you get the most recent updated version of the software as long as you/your team is under one of their plans. This is actually a great thing when you consider that everybody else using the software are also using the same version that you have.

Cons

The subscription-based model is not for everyone. Some companies would prefer to have perpetual license for software purchases. This is os it always have been with the Adobe Creative Suite until CS6. When they moved from perpetual licenses to 'Cloud-based' subscription model a lot of the smaller agencies, boutiques and freelancers suddenly found it hard to have access to legitimate Adobe Creative software such as the Illustrator. A lot of users think that the burden of paying $20+ (single app) to $50+ (for the whole suite) per month is a little bit too expensive.

Maria G.
Industry: Internet

Such a powerful tool - but sometimes it's difficult to keep up with it.

Reviewed on 2019/04/28

Pros

So, I've been an AI user for now almost 10 years. I've used it at it's worst, at it's best and at it's "ok" moments. It's powerful and the type of work that you can create is really just limitless. There has been a significant effort in onboarding users whenever it gets a design overhaul or new features are added. I've found that a lot of these updates do tend to boost my ability to perform or create work at a faster speed, and same goes when making edits. I'm a heavy pathfinder user and the ability to just tweak my workplace to my needs, adding different windows and condensing them into one section has been a huge time saver. So in terms of granting you the ability to really modify the space to your liking, it's great.

Cons

I think one of the aspects about illustrator that has over time made it a more difficult tool to rely on has been the constant updates. Yes, those updates are sometimes great and very much needed, but there is no onboarding and the existing tour points hold so much information, it's hard to keep up with it.

I think generally speaking, I want to also be able to use the same shortcuts I have been using over time with the software, so when certain aspects of it change - sometimes it does affect my ability to perform at the same speed. I think more efforts need to be done to really create a focused on boarding for users when you introduce new features.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Rob H.
Industry: Computer Software

A powerful suite for Web Designers

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

After growing up with GIMP as my original mainstay when learning web design, I had the chance to use Illustrator at an internship around a decade ago. From there forwards, it's been my go to for designing SVG logo/image sets purely through the ease to export the SVGs for cross platform/device use.

Pros

As a full stack web developer, the tools that illustrator offer for creating Scalable Vector Graphics is unparalleled. With the importance of creating media that 'travels' well between both mobile and desktop environments, you'll be hard pressed to an offering that fits all circumstances with the ease that Illustrator offers. The joy of exporting your SVGs so simply to fit wherever you need them has been honed (or perhaps even owned) by years of Adobe's feature rich development and progressive enhancement. From Macromedia Shockwave with Flash forwarding to HTML 5 adoption, Adobe Illustrator has been at the forefront of web media design.

Cons

As with any design tool, there's always a learning curve. Though, that be said, with the sheer amount of online tutorials and videos, its truly quite hard to find fault with Adobe Illustrator... Once you've got the basics, the sky truly is the limit.... From moving from GIMP (a great free choice), to Illustrator, I'd definitely recommend the jump across the the Adobe camp.

Jeffrey B.
Industry: Retail
Company size: Self Employed

Illustrator - the standard for graphic design

Reviewed on 2020/09/24

Overall my experience has been great. I definitely recommend AI if you are serious about design. It can handle any area of design and is a workhorse of a program - it is very flexible.

But with great flexibility, comes great complexity. So, therefore, even though I have a pretty good understanding of how to use Illustrator, there's still more for me to learn after many years. Not to mention they always add new features.

And I still have to take some time to creatively express exactly what I envision.

For this reason, I also use Affinity Designer on my Mac, alongside illustrator. The reason is, Affinity Designer is much more simple and certain tasks are quicker with Affinity.

However, anytime I need to do more complex stuff, such

Pros

The nice thing about Adobe Illustrator is you can do anything you want, as far as manipulating graphics and creating any digital artwork or illustration imaginable. It's so versatile in what you can do, that it also can seem very complex to the novice.

But if you stick with it and use it consistently or take some tutorials, once you learn the ins and outs of Adobe Illustrator, you begin to realize what it's capable of. I have used Inkscape and affinity designer and though I use affinity designer (due to the simplicity and quickness at some tasks), I always turn to Adobe Illustrator when I need to do more complex tasks.

I am old school, and typically like drawing by hand. The great thing about digital design is you can still get a tablet and draw by hand if you like. This is obvious to many people but some may not be aware or haven't made the jump over to trying a drawing tablet yet. If you haven't tried one and you love drawing with traditional media, you are going to love working with a tablet in Illustrator.

Cons

The biggest con I can think of is the learning curve. When first starting to use Adobe Illustrator is it can seem very complex. So when you're new, is a pretty big learning curve. With that said, I still am learning after 5+ years.

For this reason, I recommend taking some tutorials or classes to understand what illustrator is capable of and for learning what every tool does. Taking tutorials also gives you an insight into how to creatively use tools for different purposes.

I know when I first learned Illustrator. I had a good idea of what most tools did. But I just wasn't aware of the different use cases on how to creatively construct my artwork, actually using the tools. It was something that slowed me down, compared to just grabbing a pencil and paper and sketching out my vision.

But once you learn to use the different tools together, you start to get a flow going and you get quicker with time.

Samuel T.
Industry: Media Production
Company size: Self Employed

Illustrator, a connection to the past. But what does the future hold?

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Adobe Illustrator scores above average, much more because of its solid foundation than current features.

It is a program that, in a way, has stopped in time. (I still expect compatibility improvements)

It is a program that you must have, or at least give it a try. There are many possibilities, if your creativity allows it.

If you are a design professional or student, you should give preference to AI.

Pros

Writing about Illustrator is very passionate. One of the most important Pros of the program is its solid foundation, built over decades. Yes! Decades.

Therefore, the main resources of the illustration industry are here. Shapes, Fills, lines, vectors, compositions. Ease of basic understanding of features.

Learning curve, of the basic resources is fast. Numerous editing possibilities (the limit is your creation)
high degree of SVG compatibility.

These are, for me, the best reasons to use AI since 2011.

Cons

Against the grain, AI presents a high consumption of computer resources. RAM, VRAM, Processor, these are abundantly consumed by the program. The more you have, the more it will consume.

With the exception of the SVG format, any non-native format will have serious compatibility problems, causing constant breaks.

The learning curve for advanced items is complex and requires more effort than other programs in the same category.

However, in my opinion, the X of the question is: Is Adobe Illustrator the program of the future for vectors? or was he stuck in time and his Status Quo?

Nabin P.

Industry Standard Vector Graphic Design Software

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

I have been using Adobe Illustrator software on daily basis for the production of vector graphics like logos, icons, abstract arts, advertisements and flyers. The software is really easy to use and production quality is best. It is a software on which I can completely rely on my vector graphic design needs.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator features cutting edge vector graphic design tools. The software supports wide range of file import and export formats. The user interface looks familiar for those with an experience of Adobe Photoshop. The Creative Cloud community support is really active. Process of purchasing and implementing the software was fast and smooth.

Cons

The price of Adobe Illustrator seems to be quite overpriced. It would have been really nice if they have developed animation features inside Illustrator.

Industry: Publishing

The design standard flr any graphics company

Reviewed on 2020/07/19

I'm an Adobe user for several years, and Illustrator is one of the most powerful tools for any design. From packaging to character design due its versatility, it's easy to use tools. Very straightforward content to help any graphic artist deliver the best results for their project.

Pros

My favourite tools are everything on the tool set. Easy to access and capabilites to allow me to create something useful and visually appealing in the shortest time possible.
It's capable of opening most of graphic file formats to allow the user edit, recreate or implement them in their projects.

Cons

It would be useful if it used less ram at the beginning so it didn't need as much resources as well wider and stable compatibility with older GPUs.

Robert E.
Industry: Printing

Illustrator review

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

I use it a lot, and love it! When people need their artwork converted to line art, it is the only choice in my opinion.

Pros

Powerful Vector file setup and use.... The Industry Standard. I learned it in school and have not stopped using it for large scalable art files.

Cons

It has u huge learning curve. Hard to get around that! But otherwise most things are easy when you figure it out... i don't like thaway the gradient tool was changed way back when, but i've adapted.

Ar M.
Industry: Design

As a designer why I recommend illustrator !

Reviewed on 2020/10/02

Pros

As a designer I think Adobe Illustrator is one of the best software in the world because you won't find such a simple.

For print media it will help you in a way that you will not find in any of your other software. I run a company and I am aware of its benefits so you can use it freely.

Cons

I would request the developer to bring the Tracing option to the main menu / top bar so that newcomers can do the job easily.
Thanks

Shasta P.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

The most powerful vector art program there is.

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

I'd say my overall experience is very much love/hate. When I need it Adobe Illistrator is my knight in shininy amror, but throughout the general work grind it's too full of itself to be useful.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator is easily the most powerful and easily extenisable vector art program available.
Because of that when nothing else works you can usually always count on Adobe Illustrator to get the job done.

Cons

Due to the rather extmre learning cuve and often clunky interface compared to it's top compeitors for most general light weight tasks Adobe Illustrator is my last choice. Despite having years of experience with it the speed and ease that general daily tasks can be done in other vecotor applications is some times stunning.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Sandesh B.
Industry: Graphic Design
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Fast and clear

Reviewed on 2020/09/22

I am currently using it from past 6 months and it has given me the best experience. It has also helped me to unlock new potential I had but could not discover it. My skills got better in terms of logo design and banner design which were so subtle and basic before I started using the Illustrator.

I would pay the price to use this software if it comes to logo design, banner making and vector art - because of the cool elements of it. I'm fascinated by the sharp clear clarity on the vector art produced by this software. Wow!

Pros

I love the way art is manipulated into vector graphics because it can be infinitely enlarged and there is unlimited flexibility to make banners, logos, brochures, mock-ups, visiting cards to name a few out of thousands to millions.

These allow Adobe Illustrator to be helpful for the vector art, hand-drawn paints, illustrations. I love the way the software is built - let me give an example - if I draw freehand on any sketch or an image, it traces in a clean and sharp path. Unlike in Photoshop, the path gets distorted.

Basically I am a mechanical engineer and the flexibility this software has in storing or exporting the work to AutoCAD .dwg format is most appreciable.

I love to work with this software for logo design, banner design, simple text illustration or typography illustration. As it produces vector art, the design or any work created from it is sharp, crisp and possesses amazing aesthetic qualities.

Cons

It is not like Adobe Photoshop which allows us to edit raster images to endless possibilities. It is harder for any beginner unless he/she knows the basics of Photoshop. One needs to understand the basics of graphics design to get hold of this software. The options are bit tough to understand and tools needs deeper understanding of graphic design.

I did not like the idea of storing the images, it is hard for any beginner to choose from several options with sub-options. Swatch panel colours gets disappeared and I should go to settings to arrange them back. Cannot trace an image properly using the artificial intelligence inside Illustrator.

Mark B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Steep steep learning curve, but you've got this

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

I think the previous two sections give you a good idea about my experience with Illustrator, but I can add that we would be lost without it in our toolbox. Making something that looks great and is able to be reproduced anywhere is crucial for us. Having the level of control you have in Illustrator is really unmatched. Cannot stress enough how important its role is in our agency's day to day work.

Pros

Basically, once you get the hang of Illustrator and its many many features, you can create anything you want. We use it for logos, transit ads, charts, you name it. One of the best newer features is the "Library" panel. This works with most all of Adobe products, and what it does is let you load up your fonts, logos, photos, type, etc. for each client you're working on and it's all right there for easy access all the time.

Granted, that's not enough to justify the high monthly cost to "subscribe" to illustrator, but it's one more thing they have added over the years that makes you understand why the price is higher than not.

One thing you can say for sure with Illustrator is you're going to get stuck at some point, too. The good news is there are built in tutorials you can refer to for guidance. Or just jump on YouTube where someone has probably figured it out.

Exporting to any file type you need is a breeze, and setting up multiple art boards in a file couldn't be easier. Once you're set, get to work and see what you can build.

Cons

If you're on a budget, this is not your friend. The Adobe Creative Cloud does offer a lot, but you pay for all of that, too. I can't say I dislike the learning curve because I've been working with Illustrator for years. That said, if you're new, prepare to have your patience tried and your frustration to rise. That's ok, this gets easier, I promise.

Industry: Human Resources

“It creates your imaginations visually on media”

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/07/16

when you look at the price, instantly you will exclaim ‘oh my gosh’. As I explained previously, there are nearly 100 million images available in adobe stock, over 12000 fonts in adobe fonts, plus all the other features to run wild with creative ideas. Who else offers so much? Therefore my opinion is a designer can always make designs that can claim a value if you are using the license of Illustrator. At the same time, with illustrator you need just a fraction of the time in doing your designs compared to some others which will keep you way behind. Illustrator is definitely for professional designers and as a professional designer, will need to use compatible hardware to get the best use of AI .

Pros

Ai is ideal for professional Vector graphic designers. After many years of studies with the inputs of designers around the globe, Adobe has developed Ai to create almost anything that comes into billions of creative (or weird) minds. Just about anything. Once you pass the learning curve which would take months and months with all that learning material available (which is quite reasonable), then you can make your dreams visible to you and others too. But still you will learn, as there are so many developments and updates take place continuously.
The Free form gradient, which is also a new addition, allows you to drop points of color which blends together to form rich color blends.

Adobe font integration lets you select thousands of fonts and use the most suitable fonts that goes with the project. You just dream what you need and you get it in Illustrator creative cloud.
With its three ‘snap to pixel’ options, it automatically aligns to the pixel grid the drawing, scaling and moving path and vector shapes.
With their massive stock of creative resources in graphics, templates, images etc which are close to 100 million in numbers and are organized in Adobe Stock, designers can access and easily design templates for various jobs saving time for additional work. The ‘True size view’ and ‘Trim size view’ features are added benefits for the User. Features of Illustrator are endless if you look at an artist’s point of view. It can put into reality all the dreams of a creative mind

Cons

I wouldn’t hesitate for a moment to call a wiper ‘a wiper’. The bad side of AI is it can just wipe off all other competitors in just one Illustrator stroke.

Burhan K.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Best Industry Standard Vector Designing Software, Period

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

I've been using Adobe Illustrator since I stepped into the software industry—almost 4 years now. The tool has no comparison to other tools currently available in the market. I mostly use Illustrator for designing illustrations, icons for mobile and websites, wireframes for mobiles, and print documents like brochures, business cards, etc. I now use Sketch for designing UI, but it's really hard to design icons there. So I design icons in Illustrator and copy those icons to sketch. This is the best tool and it's an industry standard.

Pros

Work on Windows, Mac, iPad, and even on iPhone with limited features.
You can have multiple artboards when designing in Illustrator.
A lot of tools to make your workflow easier. For building shapes, it has tools like pen tool, Pathfinder and shape builder.
It has a dynamic gradient feature, which means your gradient is not limited to a linear or radial gradient. You can create a gradient with as many colors and as many points as you like and you can change the position of those color points too. Now our gradient colors can go into multiple directions. So no need to create multiple gradient layers and blend those.
Advanced features to round the corners of sharp corners. You can make rounded corner by putting value as well as you can drag a small icon near points with mouse.
One of the reason to use Adobe Creative Cloud softwares is their Echo System. You can use your work designed in Illustrator and directly Import in After Effects.
You can also copy elements from Illustrator (Ctrl+C) and directly paste it in Photoshop (Ctrl+V). And this also works in Sketch for Mac.
There are a lot of features like perspective tool, If you wanna create an illustration in a single or multiple point perspective. Blend tool, Mesh tool, 3d Effects and many more.
You can also create symbols and changing in one place will change it everywhere.
Exporting Assets are just one click away.
Tons of shortcuts to speed up your workflow.

Cons

The long learning curve, especially when you have no previous design background. So expect to invest at least 6-12 months to fully master it.

You have to fully grasp the core concepts of it when playing with paths and shapes. Joining paths perfectly using the grid may take time If you have not much experience with it.

Charlotte D.
Industry: Automotive

Great for making LOGOs, VECTORs and more!

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

Adobe Illustrator has overall been an amazing product to use for my field. I am constantly creating graphics, images, posters or social media posts and will find myself opening Illustrator almost every day.
Illustrator is also a very beneficial program to have as lgoos, vectors or images downloaded online will often come in an EPS (smaller vector file) or AI (Adobe Illustrator) file. Having Illustrator makes designing easy when you need to be very percise.

Pros

Wow, what an amazing software. Adobe Illustrator, although may look very intimidating when you first open it (believe me, I know), is such an easy-to-use software once you get the hang of it. But you really want to get the hang of it first.
I have found so many online tutorials (video and articles) that demonstrate how to create vector images, how to use specific tools in Illustrator, and also how to learn the basics around the program. These are beneficial to someone like me, who has received some in-school training on these design programs but had to really learn on my own once I started working. The BEST thing about this software is the large number of online resources available (for FREE) for creating, learning and utilizing Illustrator in the best possible way.

Cons

Although this product is much easier to use the more you use it or the more you have classes/training, it can be very intimidating for those who aren't in a Graphic Design role. Myself, I am not a graphic designer, so sometimes this program really confuses me. Especially when I use other programs like Photoshop and InDesign.
So, the biggest con I would say is the confusion it can cause. If you aren't a tech-savvy person, who will go on Youtube to watch tutorials on how to work on a program, then this app may be too confusing for you. The design programs require a lot of learning and patience to understand how they work. Especially a lot of on-your-own learning as Illustrator is one of those programs you learn as you go.

Scott C.
Industry: Media Production

Old Dog, New Tricks

Reviewed on 2020/06/26

Overall, Adobe Illustrator has allowed me to supplement my artistic talent with true computer power. I am able to produce things I would never have been able to produce with my bare hand, and with intuitive speed and power, I am able to produce more and faster than I ever would otherwise, so really as a creative professional - what else can you ask for?

Pros

There may be newer vector illustration platforms out there that are born into the saas or cloud era, but Adobe Illustrator is a journeyman and still packs a wallop. I have tinkered with other software and there are some cute tools and bells and whistles out there, but for the pixel perfect execution that I need to build graphics or even certain works of pure art, there is no beating the bezier tool, workspace, and functionality that I've spent the majority of my career honing. And I would still say I only use the program to about 75% of it's full potential, there are just certain things I've been too lazy to watch a tutorial on.

Cons

I think for many years Adobe ran a fat operation and charged a premium on their suite that most entry level designers both needed, and couldn't afford. Their Creative Cloud offering seems to be somewhat in recognition of this, especially if you use the full software suite, then it's a value. But for one or two apps, it's just a monthly burden that never goes away (still an improvement on the craaaaaazy price tags they used to have for a license). It would be nice if at a certain point, you just owned the stuff. Though in their defense, they are always working on it and have consistently released full version updates and incremental fixes and now they are trying to almost become a creative lifestyle brand with all kinds of templates and stock and even acquiring the Behance artists' network...so it has become a bit of a club, and you get more than the tools. There's inspiration, and a whole lot of "freebies" to download for every app.

Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

“An awesome graphic designing software with many tools”

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/04/28

Adobe illustrator is a wonderful software and its features are amazing. I am using this software for my graphic designing work and I use this software for video editing, web designing, making shapes, photo editing, and creating logos for my projects as well as for my university clubs which I have engaged in. It consists of many awesome tools. According to my overall opinion, this graphic designing software helps me a lot and I highly recommended this software for graphic designers.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator software has loads of options for creation and it is boundless. It gives me the output which I dreamed about and it satisfies me all expectations too. Adobe Illustrator consists of many tools such as After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, Illustrator, and Adobe Premiere which give me marvelous functions. These tools can be easily learned if we touch with our basic understandings about their usage. I should tell that this software consists of a first-rate vector tool that can be used to create vector graphics and this software can be used to make high-quality graphics using these amazing graphics tools. This software is convenient with its price and adobe creative cloud package comes with it. This software is capable of creating graphs, charts, animations, and cartoons too. The continual software updates with immediate fixes and new features that help to improve this software are commendable. I love the integration of this software with other Adobe products such as InDesign and Photoshop as it helps me to get files and access them. I am so happy with using this software.

Cons

This software takes a lot of time when loading on my computer. I think that this software is hard to use by a beginner as it requires good training to use this software. Sometimes it is difficult to find tools on the interface. The hiding if tools over other tools are annoying and it is difficult to find out them and I am confused to open these tools in these times. Immense use of CPU and RAM. Those are the downsides I observed in this software and these issues should be concerned.

Braden W.
Industry: Machinery

A Graphic Design Must

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Overall, I would rate my experience positively. I am the Marketing Manager for a small company, and do consulting on the side, both of which require me to conduct some graphic design. Although I am not a designer/artist by trade, I've found as our business and my consulting has grown I have needed to enhance my knowledge and skills in GD in order to "keep up". Although you can find work arounds, I would say that Illustrator is a great tool for anyone who works in the Graphic Design field, or even the periphery.

Pros

For an experienced Adobe user, this is an easy software to pickup because it is structured in the same manner as the other Creative Cloud applications. Tools and layering is all the same which makes it easy to adapt too. The greatest individual/unique benefit is that it allows for A LOT more freedom for design than, namely, Adobe Photoshop. The reason I compare the two is that you could theoretically use them for similar static graphic design purposes and get relatively similar end results. However, Adobe allows for far more functionality and flexibility to create and design static imagery, and is far more tailored to true artwork than editing.

Cons

Some of the functional tools are not as easy to manipulate in comparison to other Creative Cloud apps. Using Photoshop as a semi-comparable rival for static graphic design-specific purposes; for the application of manipulating objects and text, I found Illustrator to have a steeper learning curve than Photoshop. Since it allows you to delve into more aspects of manipulating the objects, and to create vector imagery out of anything (or just about) that you create within an ai document, I found myself inadvertently altering objects in ways I was unfamiliar with. To be fair, I did not take any formal coursework or tutorial prior to diving in to using Illustrator, all was self-taught after having more extensive experience with Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.

Lauren H.
Industry: Entertainment

Illustrating Beyond Boundaries

Reviewed on 2020/04/06

I have faith in Illustrator and learned how it behaves. I know it will continue to update, as other Adobe applications do. Best to keep that belief in it and push on with resilience.

Pros

As a professional artist and business creative, Adobe Illustrator has been an application well used in my toolbelt of visual software. From vector creations to typographic layouts, Illustrator never ceases to amaze me in terms of innovation. The thing I like most about it is the guidance it provides for artists and designers really shines through. Specifically, Illustrator analyzes and

Cons

I've learned that each software has a strength of its own. And it's best to understand how it works so you can maneuver through it without a lot of issues. That's why Illustrator really works for me. The only setback would be the brush types. I do wish the variance in stroke would expand more in terms of the lines it creates. I've noticed that the strokes would have lines within them, but would just be copied versions. However, I believe this is a minor issue and not much to dwell on!

Rodrigo T.
Industry: Computer Software

Many tools in one

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

In general I find this application very practical in the sense of the quality of the result and the ease in grouping and ungrouping elements, creating hierarchies and joining effects. It makes it very easy to grab assets from stores, disassemble, combine and create others. As I create Apps and Games, I see an enormous facility to work this in memory quickly, even in large projects. I miss the application allowing to return to a certain part of the effects set, change a parameter and repeat the whole stack. Example: you add a rectangle, move 30 degrees and change to red. You cannot go back to the first action, change from 30 to 15 degrees and repeat the rest. I don't know if any tools have this, but coming from programming tools with batch scripts, I feel that this would be very valuable.

Pros

The possibility of having several drawing sheets in one file is great, this makes it easier to keep related collections in a single project file. I also like the many options for importing and exporting formats, with asset profiles.

Cons

There are some things that I find confusing, as they mix what's on the project/file level and what's on the application level. For example, there are settings in the export profile that are saved within your ".ai" project, but there are others, such as the folder where "export to screens", which are at the application level. So you sometimes export to the wrong place, and you always have to know where you are exporting to, this confuses you when building game assets, for example, where there are sometimes hundreds of files in the same general project (several ".ai" ).

Jonathan L.

The Pro Graphic Designer's Toolkit

Reviewed on 2020/03/29

I use Illustrator for everything from creating logos and UI graphics to simple online posts for small businesses. The vector format is fantastic for being easily resizable without losing quality or the fine nuance of the artwork. While a bit difficult to learn, the toolset allows you do create anything you can imagine if you take the time to learn. Now, there's a growing army of competition, but in my experience, Illustrator is still the gold standard in the industry.

Pros

Adobe Illustrator is pro software with a tremendous set of tools for vector graphics creation. Personally, I've been using Illustrator since I first started studying graphic design almost a decade ago. Each new version brings us a useful set of performance and tool improvements, but my favorite in the most recent version is the freeform gradient tool. I've always wanted for a way to place gradient points wherever I wanted, and now that's possible. I use it every day and it's speedy, highly customizable (as you'd expect from pro software), and so useful! It seems like such a simple thing, I'm surprised the feature wasn't available before.

Cons

Like all pro software, there's a learning curve, and Illustrator is no exception. On one hand, I understand that it will take time to learn and implement new features. On the other, I wish it was easier to learn and keep up with the changing tide of graphic design.

Govinda H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Review for Adobe Illustrator

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

Overall, I think it is a software that offers a lot of functions and provides value for money. It helps me with my learning curve and can visually represent almost anything you want.

Pros

Adobe illustrator is completely scalable and works well with designing logos and cartoons which is what I basically do. You also have in-panel editing which makes it better. It is user-friendly too.

Cons

The fact that it offers limited support for raster graphics and that it requires a lot of patience. The loading time is also very high, comparatively.

Christian edison B.
Industry: Computer Hardware
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Adobe Illustrator Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/26

Adobe Illustrators is an innovative vector-based program developed for graphic design professionals. This software used algorithms to draw shapes rather than using bitmap images to store data. That's why Illustrator's vector graphics can be scaled to any size without losing their overall quality or resolution.

Adobe Illustrator makes everything from company logos to informative drawings to animated designs because of this unique design. It can print illustrations, produce beautiful graphics on the website and give users full control over their typography.

So, I recommend this software and it is worth it.

Pros

1.) It provides an interface which will help the user:
You have an extra degree of flexibility when working to design the entire workspace with Adobe Illustrator. Your interface makes personalized viewing possible. There is also an option to save space. Such processes allow you to work on your project in any way that is most convenient, while maintaining full control over all the options available.

2.) The Adobe Illustrator is compatible on almost any computer system:
While Adobe Illustrator is not working well on mobile devices, on almost any computer system, it does an exceptional job. It can be used on Windows PCs or on items from Apple. Even from the early 2000s, if you use an older top-of - the-line option, it will work properly on older computers.

3.) It produces web and print graphics:
Thanks to Adobe Illustrator, you can easily create print-ready graphics. With this tool, you can also create web graphics. It works in any screen resolution, offering a constantly updated tool set that allows you to relatively easily build professional vector graphics.

Cons

The only disadvantage is that you need to require lots of patience. If you're planning to design something that's interesting, imaginative, and you don't need a practical dimension, then Adobe Illustrator can help you put together something in no time. If you want to build something that makes people feel positive, then you need to give yourself plenty of time to work on the project.

Adam W.
Industry: Design

Illustrator is Creative Magic Sauce

Reviewed on 2020/01/04

I didn't enjoy illustrator when I first used it so I tried to bypass it by using web based design programs. However, as I designed more frequently for web & digital projects, laser cutting and engraving I buckled down to learn the shortcuts and functionality. WELL WORTH IT! I overcame the learning curve and mastered the design elements most necessary and now it saves me so much time and effort! I can't imagine designing without it now.

Pros

I love all of the features, functionality and utility. It is fantastic and essential for any design professional, laser engraver or digital web design. Learning the features and shortcuts is well worth the effort.

Cons

There is a learning curve and things are not always intuitive. There are so many functions, toolbars and ways to use Illustrator which makes it frustrating for many people.