AccuFund Accounting Suite

Cloud-based nonprofit/fund accounting software

Karen R.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Powerful but could use some improvements

Reviewed on 2020/09/10

Pros

I like the drill down features, the connectivity of cash receipts and banking, banking management and ease of reconciliation

Cons

AP module. Difficult to navigate. Looking for vendors is difficult, you need to know the exact name. Cannot change posting account after the check has been processed.

Linda W.
  • Industry: Government Administration

I would say that this software has a ton of capability.

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Very flexible. Very powerful. Takes some time to get familiar with, but well worth the time and effort.

Pros

The flexibility, AccuFund is very powerful. I also like the fact that you can setup a test database of your own system to test various scenarios before implementing. Support staff is very helpful. I think it is really important to have a good retailer to help with the setup to make sure it works correctly from the very beginning.

Cons

In some ways, the flexibility. Understanding how the software works makes it easier, but because each customer can customize everything so much, you really need to know how it works. I was not involved in the original setup, but I have setup a couple of modules and was successful. I always did it in the test system first to make sure it worked the way I expected.

Cynthia J.

I have had good customer service. Most of the Customer Supporters are very willing to assist.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

The ease of the accounting process. If you go out and change a distribution it automatically changes it in the employee record.

Pros

Once it is explained how it works it is fairly easy to get around in the program. I have recently tried to change a report and found it fairly easy to maneuver.

Cons

Sometimes I find that the system works very slowly. Also, sometimes you will get the message that an illegal action was performed, not sure why this happens? There was some major confusion during the start of the ACA reporting.

Theresa P.

RSRPD

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Pros

Electronic approval of requisitions. Upload of GL data is easy to use.

Cons

Would like to see electronic approval of payroll documents

Jennifer H.

Small Government Agency Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Pros

Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable are excellent.

Cons

Reporting can be difficult to figure out in order to extract what you want.

Low-budget option

Reviewed on 2019/04/26

Pros

Keeps track of vacation/sick/etc. accumulations and is updated every pay period.

Cons

Filling in the time card is way more difficult than it needs to be. In order to input holiday/vacation/sick time, you have to delete the hours, type in "0," save, select holiday/vacation/sick, type in the correct hours, and then save again. It's way too many steps for something that should be simple. Also, the way the time sheet is set up is very difficult to see on a computer screen without having to scroll horizontally, which then hides the categories.

Not mobile compatible.

Jaspal S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Review of AccuFund Accounting Suite

Reviewed on 2016/11/09

It is a very flexible accounting software and has made our operations and management very easy.

Pros

it's dashboard supports employees portal
it' wide product range makes it flexible for different businesses

Cons

It does not have time and management tracking capability
It requires time for training

David C.

UWRC AccuFund Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

I am very happy with our transition to AF after working in QB for over 30 years. The software fits our needs and I wish more United Ways could afford it.

Pros

We have been using AccuFund now for several years. We switched from QuickBooks because QB couldn't handle Grants Management. I am very happy with the product. The interaction with our AF consultant [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing. He is the best!

Cons

The budgeting module is clunky to work with and seems to have many bugs. The module that allows an employee to enter their time is needed, but just too expensive for us.

Brian T.

PPWI AccuFund Accounting Suite Review July 2020

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

PPWI's positive experience with AccuFund also includes positive experience with their product support and customer service. Their product support provided the needed organization and product expertise for a successful implementation. Their customer service always responds with 60 minutes and mostly within 30 minutes. They are attentive to our issues and communicate in an manner that in understandable and useful.

Pros

PPWI substantially utilizes only two of the AccuFund modules: the General and Accounts Payable. The standard features of each of the modules provide a good framework for effective and efficient processing of transactions. Also, the ability to customize utilizing elective options such as "Type" allow us to group and / or categorize organizations, transactions, etc. uniquely to our needs. These modules are accompanied with a comprehensive list of standard reports. These standard reports have many filter options which support our reporting needs very well. The reporting features include the ability to easily customize reports as needed.

Cons

PPWI does not utilize the ERP features and / or functionality of AccuFund. We utilize other applications for health care EPM EHR, fund raising, employee resource management (payroll). We utilize AccuFund import / export features extensively to support our batch processing of transactions.

Zach E.

AccuFund

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Pros

Integration with Zoho and Expensify are seamless. Transition from QuickBooks was easy and the transition team is easy to work with.

Cons

Not being able to attach notes to a transaction is the only downside.

Wendelin A.

Product is good.

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Pros

The features are pretty good. Fairly easy to use

Cons

Exporting into Excel for budget purposes is not easy. At times, support is lacking. I would appreciate being able to get hold of someone whenever I need something because I am usually in the middle of a project when I need assistance.

Teresa M.

accu fund

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

I currently only consistently use 3 modules and the software is very easy to use.

Pros

The software is easy to use, for the most part but I use it everyday, so it becomes habit. I like the ability to see everything about an organization, with just one click

Cons

I was able to see which vendors were missing SSN before this last update, but that is not available any more. I would like to option to move the purchase orders straight to "bills" . I wouldn't need to enter all the information from the purchase order, but have the option to enter an invoice number.

Tanya M.

As a non profit organization, our accounting system is very complex. AccuFund meets our needs!

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Pros

There are so many things that I love about this software program, the A/P module, the A/R module, the Payroll module, Loan tracking, the Requisition and Purchase Order system. We have a lot of different funding sources, so allocating costs to each funding source is a breeze when using AccuFund. The drilling capability is also a huge benefit to this software. I can drill down on any expense to see what Purchase order was used to generate the expense and what check number was used to pay for it.

Cons

As with anything, there are always improvements that can be made, however, AccuFund listens to what your needs are and makes upgrades as needed.

Deena S.

Great accounting software

Reviewed on 2017/08/21

Pros

Accounting software is excellent. It is user-friendly and the updates happen frequently enough to address any issues that we have.

Cons

Payroll module is not functional, nor is support adequate for our business. We have continued problems with calculation issues as well as time clock issues. We have asked for support numerous times, but nothing has been completed to assist us in fixing the issues. We are looking at other options for our payroll processing.

Debraq S.
  • Industry: Utilities

Satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Pros

We are a Municipality and we utilize the Billing , Payroll, Accounts Payable Modules. We are happy with each of these modules. The software is user friendly.

Cons

The program allows to have reports made to capture what information you may require. I wish this was more user friendly in setting up custom made reports.

Karen C.

We have been AccuFund customers for several years. No complaints. Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Pros

Each module interacts with the other with no issues. We have the accounting, purchasing, budget and fixed asset modules.

Cons

If there is a typo in a transaction, it cannot be corrected. If the description could be corrected without changing the actual dollar transaction that would be great.

Fabiano M.

As the sysadmin at my organization, I've found easy to work with AF Accouting Suite.

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

Software flexibility and customer service really stands up.
Upgrades and patch updates are easy and quickly to implement.
The tech support team is very knowledgeable and friendly!

Liat P.

Quality Program for mid-size Non-Profit Agency with multiple Funds

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

AccuFund makes accounting for multiple funds simple and clean.

Pros

Easy to use. Set-up was free from errors due to excellent Implementation Partner.

Cons

Some reports are difficult to customize.

Kristin A.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Accounting Software Conversion

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

I am very happy with our decision to move to AccuFund. It is specific to non-profit accounting, and the company adheres to a continuous improvement philosophy. They keep up to date on accounting standards, and are always looking for ways to help us become more efficient.

Pros

The software is very flexible. We have been able to program it to do almost everything we want it to do. It has cut our month end close by 4 days because it is a real time system and there is no batch processing. More entries can be made during the month, less at month end. We have also been able to reduce the number of manual excel spreadsheets we used to keep outside the software system. The reporting features are incredibly powerful as well. We have eliminated excel spreadsheets from the board reporting process. At the end of the month, it is almost as easy as hitting a button and getting the board financial packet. Minutes instead of hours.

Cons

The Standard Reporting module is very very powerful. But, because it is so powerful, it is difficult to learn to use. I have had to resort to contacting my consultant to write reports for me. That being said, the reports he has been able to write for us have eliminated hours of work trying to pull the information together from many different sources.

Brittany Y.

AccuFund Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Pros

I like that it is easy to pick up, learn and teach. It is easy to change different account/user settings. It is easy to pull different reports to match your needs, as well as creating your own personalized versions. My favorite feature is the ability to scan your own images on every type of entry, and the ability to create detailed organization accounts.

Cons

I think the most difficult part of AccuFund is the Dashboard- but that could be because it is newer and I haven't has as much experience with it yet. Another slight con would be when you go to scan images- every day you have to set up your scanner with AccuFund when you log in, instead of it remembering your scanner settings.

Tonya L.

We purchased AccuFund in December 2015 and I have loved ever since.

Reviewed on 2018/05/30

Pros

Electronic Requisitions w/approvals, Purchase Orders, and Timesheets. The ease of entry and the various reports generated.

Cons

Haven't found anything I can think of. Compare to the software we had before this is 100% better and we should have upgraded years ago.

Tina G.

I use it everyday for PR and AP purposes.

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

Running reports is the feature I like most, I can usually find one that fits my specific needs.

Cons

When we run payroll, everyone has to log out for almost an hour, otherwise the process will be extremely slow or will just stop.

Brittney W.

AccuFund Review

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Great flexibility for business.

Pros

Easy to concept and follow with no accidental of duplicating any entries. Many different features such as AP, cash receipts, general ledger, bank reconciliation, importing and exporting, document storage, a financial report writer and a forms designer for customized form generation- all of which are great to use to help run the business more smooth.

Cons

It requires time for training to understand the uses of the software and sometimes customer support is different to get through for help.

Laith M.

Great with some support

Reviewed on 2017/08/11

it's good so far

Pros

easy to use , we really like it the problem with this program is the books don't show you every thing so you need to contact the company and they will charge you too much money.

Cons

the support too expensive, I wish if you can make if free or couple hours free support not like not.

Muhammad S.