AccuFund Accounting Suite

4,4
David C.

UWRC AccuFund Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

I am very happy with our transition to AF after working in QB for over 30 years. The software fits our needs and I wish more United Ways could afford it.

Pros

We have been using AccuFund now for several years. We switched from QuickBooks because QB couldn't handle Grants Management. I am very happy with the product. The interaction with our AF consultant [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing. He is the best!

Cons

The budgeting module is clunky to work with and seems to have many bugs. The module that allows an employee to enter their time is needed, but just too expensive for us.

Liat P.

Quality Program for mid-size Non-Profit Agency with multiple Funds

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

AccuFund makes accounting for multiple funds simple and clean.

Pros

Easy to use. Set-up was free from errors due to excellent Implementation Partner.

Cons

Some reports are difficult to customize.

Ken M.
Industry: Government Administration

Robust with many features but lots of quirks

Reviewed on 2015/08/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

A full suite of modules that are very customizable

Cons

Very unforgiving of errors and not amenable to certain transactions. For instance, invoice cancellation does not release the receiving. Product returns are not supported; i.e., we cannot do negative receiving to match to credit memos. Check voids cannot be reversed although voided checks occasionally clear.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Brian T.

PPWI AccuFund Accounting Suite Review July 2020

Reviewed on 2020/07/16

PPWI's positive experience with AccuFund also includes positive experience with their product support and customer service. Their product support provided the needed organization and product expertise for a successful implementation. Their customer service always responds with 60 minutes and mostly within 30 minutes. They are attentive to our issues and communicate in an manner that in understandable and useful.

Pros

PPWI substantially utilizes only two of the AccuFund modules: the General and Accounts Payable. The standard features of each of the modules provide a good framework for effective and efficient processing of transactions. Also, the ability to customize utilizing elective options such as "Type" allow us to group and / or categorize organizations, transactions, etc. uniquely to our needs. These modules are accompanied with a comprehensive list of standard reports. These standard reports have many filter options which support our reporting needs very well. The reporting features include the ability to easily customize reports as needed.

Cons

PPWI does not utilize the ERP features and / or functionality of AccuFund. We utilize other applications for health care EPM EHR, fund raising, employee resource management (payroll). We utilize AccuFund import / export features extensively to support our batch processing of transactions.

Zach E.

AccuFund

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Pros

Integration with Zoho and Expensify are seamless. Transition from QuickBooks was easy and the transition team is easy to work with.

Cons

Not being able to attach notes to a transaction is the only downside.

Kristin A.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Accounting Software Conversion

Reviewed on 2020/07/21

I am very happy with our decision to move to AccuFund. It is specific to non-profit accounting, and the company adheres to a continuous improvement philosophy. They keep up to date on accounting standards, and are always looking for ways to help us become more efficient.

Pros

The software is very flexible. We have been able to program it to do almost everything we want it to do. It has cut our month end close by 4 days because it is a real time system and there is no batch processing. More entries can be made during the month, less at month end. We have also been able to reduce the number of manual excel spreadsheets we used to keep outside the software system. The reporting features are incredibly powerful as well. We have eliminated excel spreadsheets from the board reporting process. At the end of the month, it is almost as easy as hitting a button and getting the board financial packet. Minutes instead of hours.

Cons

The Standard Reporting module is very very powerful. But, because it is so powerful, it is difficult to learn to use. I have had to resort to contacting my consultant to write reports for me. That being said, the reports he has been able to write for us have eliminated hours of work trying to pull the information together from many different sources.

Wendelin A.

Product is good.

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Pros

The features are pretty good. Fairly easy to use

Cons

Exporting into Excel for budget purposes is not easy. At times, support is lacking. I would appreciate being able to get hold of someone whenever I need something because I am usually in the middle of a project when I need assistance.

Karen R.
Industry: Environmental Services

Powerful but could use some improvements

Reviewed on 2020/09/10

Pros

I like the drill down features, the connectivity of cash receipts and banking, banking management and ease of reconciliation

Cons

AP module. Difficult to navigate. Looking for vendors is difficult, you need to know the exact name. Cannot change posting account after the check has been processed.

Patricia K.

Accufund Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Pros

Importing feature is very user friendly. We use this for Receipts and Bank recons

Cons

Often the upgrades create unanticipated problems, and added/changed features we are not made aware of.

Report writing is not user friendly.

Bank Reconciliation reports cannot be brought into excel.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Christopher H.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great system for the Price

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

My staff really understand the software and are able to move around with ease.

Pros

The ease of use and the robust customization to what is needed for your organization.

Cons

Reports are complicated but after years of tweaking you can make it work. You need to know the tables and how to before creating one from scratch.

Backup Hog-files are big and you need space to save just not the same place where you have accufund running on.

Joyce M.

City of Craig, Alaska

Reviewed on 2017/02/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The city implemented AccuFund in 2005 and has used a majority of the modules. Once AccuFund is set up there is little maintenance if updates are installed as released. AccuFund is easy to teach to staff and has the internal controls for a small municipality. I have used numerous accounting software and AccuFund is the best for the value, ease of use and the AccuFund staff are great to work with.

Pros

AccuFund's support is exceptional and usually replies within 24 hours. The separate modules integrate with each other and are easily customized to the city's needs. Reporting can be customized.

Cons

Accounts payable post details to general ledger rather than one line per invoice. Employee portal calendar stops frequently. Property tax reporting is cumbersome.

Teresa M.

accu fund

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

I currently only consistently use 3 modules and the software is very easy to use.

Pros

The software is easy to use, for the most part but I use it everyday, so it becomes habit. I like the ability to see everything about an organization, with just one click

Cons

I was able to see which vendors were missing SSN before this last update, but that is not available any more. I would like to option to move the purchase orders straight to "bills" . I wouldn't need to enter all the information from the purchase order, but have the option to enter an invoice number.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Brittany Y.

AccuFund Review

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

Pros

I like that it is easy to pick up, learn and teach. It is easy to change different account/user settings. It is easy to pull different reports to match your needs, as well as creating your own personalized versions. My favorite feature is the ability to scan your own images on every type of entry, and the ability to create detailed organization accounts.

Cons

I think the most difficult part of AccuFund is the Dashboard- but that could be because it is newer and I haven't has as much experience with it yet. Another slight con would be when you go to scan images- every day you have to set up your scanner with AccuFund when you log in, instead of it remembering your scanner settings.

Tanya M.

As a non profit organization, our accounting system is very complex. AccuFund meets our needs!

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Pros

There are so many things that I love about this software program, the A/P module, the A/R module, the Payroll module, Loan tracking, the Requisition and Purchase Order system. We have a lot of different funding sources, so allocating costs to each funding source is a breeze when using AccuFund. The drilling capability is also a huge benefit to this software. I can drill down on any expense to see what Purchase order was used to generate the expense and what check number was used to pay for it.

Cons

As with anything, there are always improvements that can be made, however, AccuFund listens to what your needs are and makes upgrades as needed.

Linda W.
Industry: Government Administration

I would say that this software has a ton of capability.

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Very flexible. Very powerful. Takes some time to get familiar with, but well worth the time and effort.

Pros

The flexibility, AccuFund is very powerful. I also like the fact that you can setup a test database of your own system to test various scenarios before implementing. Support staff is very helpful. I think it is really important to have a good retailer to help with the setup to make sure it works correctly from the very beginning.

Cons

In some ways, the flexibility. Understanding how the software works makes it easier, but because each customer can customize everything so much, you really need to know how it works. I was not involved in the original setup, but I have setup a couple of modules and was successful. I always did it in the test system first to make sure it worked the way I expected.

Cynthia J.

I have had good customer service. Most of the Customer Supporters are very willing to assist.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

The ease of the accounting process. If you go out and change a distribution it automatically changes it in the employee record.

Pros

Once it is explained how it works it is fairly easy to get around in the program. I have recently tried to change a report and found it fairly easy to maneuver.

Cons

Sometimes I find that the system works very slowly. Also, sometimes you will get the message that an illegal action was performed, not sure why this happens? There was some major confusion during the start of the ACA reporting.

Deena S.

Great accounting software

Reviewed on 2017/08/21

Pros

Accounting software is excellent. It is user-friendly and the updates happen frequently enough to address any issues that we have.

Cons

Payroll module is not functional, nor is support adequate for our business. We have continued problems with calculation issues as well as time clock issues. We have asked for support numerous times, but nothing has been completed to assist us in fixing the issues. We are looking at other options for our payroll processing.

Renee A.

AccuFund Accounting Suite

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Accufund is important to our operation because we rely on the management of 30+ funding streams and we do all of our payroll in house. The modules do help us keep all of our ducks in a row.

Pros

Once the software is installed and you get training on the modules. It becomes more user friendly. Must get training.

Cons

The modules overall are not really user friendly or intuitive. We still need a customer service person to help set up reports that we want to create.

Bev M.
Industry: Government Administration

Very user friendly. I have had AccuFund software for nine years now; have loved it from the start.

Reviewed on 2017/08/24

I know my DueToFroms are all correct, plus I can track any and all of my posting. My auditors are very pleased with our choice of AccuFund.

Pros

How user friendly it is and they keep updating and adding useful modules. They also have excellent customer service.

Cons

I do not understand the report writer, but I think I would if I went to a training seminar. Other than setting up custom reports, I have not found anything I do not like.

Lance H.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Pros

The payroll module is great. Overall I like the ease of the software and how straight forward it is.

Cons

There are some design features I don't like such as the software restarting after being inactive for a moment of time and the ability to change the database itself with ease.

Debraq S.
Industry: Utilities

Satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 2020/09/09

Pros

We are a Municipality and we utilize the Billing , Payroll, Accounts Payable Modules. We are happy with each of these modules. The software is user friendly.

Cons

The program allows to have reports made to capture what information you may require. I wish this was more user friendly in setting up custom made reports.

Karen C.

We have been AccuFund customers for several years. No complaints. Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/08/22

Pros

Each module interacts with the other with no issues. We have the accounting, purchasing, budget and fixed asset modules.

Cons

If there is a typo in a transaction, it cannot be corrected. If the description could be corrected without changing the actual dollar transaction that would be great.

Tonya L.

We purchased AccuFund in December 2015 and I have loved ever since.

Reviewed on 2018/05/30

Pros

Electronic Requisitions w/approvals, Purchase Orders, and Timesheets. The ease of entry and the various reports generated.

Cons

Haven't found anything I can think of. Compare to the software we had before this is 100% better and we should have upgraded years ago.

Daniel N.
Industry: Religious Institutions

AccuFund has allowed our foundation to have integrated accounting software for the first time.

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

We finally have an integrated accounting system for our foundation.

Pros

I like AccuFund's flexibility. We can do basic accounting and also get into complex fund accounting. Most systems we tried weren't able to do all the tasks we needed done.

Cons

The cloud-based version can't work through a browser. I requires a special platform installed on the computer. I want to be able to access AccuFund wherever I am located.

Tina G.

I use it everyday for PR and AP purposes.

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

Pros

Running reports is the feature I like most, I can usually find one that fits my specific needs.

Cons

When we run payroll, everyone has to log out for almost an hour, otherwise the process will be extremely slow or will just stop.