Apptivo

CRM for managing customer accounts

4,4
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: Self Employed

CRM Solution

Reviewed on 2020/08/20

All CRM's require Users to learn their navigation, terminology and how functions are executed. Unlike other CRM's I have tested, the Support Team at Apptivo has been both diligent and effective in resolving a few technical glitches with my onboarding process. Apptivo provides me with a reliable CRM platform and functions on which I can run my business. 24x7 access to an effective and professional Support Team is a valuable resource that ensures I spend more time with my clients than suffering from IT issues.

Pros

Apptivo provides a portfolio of critical functions for companies to manage different aspects of their business. Unlike some others, the Apptivo functions/Apps are well integrated. This provides a strong foundation for reliable and accurate information to manage your business.

Cons

Apptivo doesn't yet integrate with Zoom.

Shannon M.
Industry: Maritime

Learning and loving

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

The more I learn, the more I love it!

Pros

I love the automation and how easy it is to communicate with our customers and internal team.

Cons

I'm still learning, and although all companies vary in their work flows, I would love to see a more of a road map, as to how apps should relate to one another. Being able to convert an estimate into a quote from the click of a button is great, and the notifications of "who's up next" is great. I guess I just need more time to figure it all out on our end. I know the potential is there, it's a very intuitive product.

Lloyd P.
Industry: Computer Software

Apptivo for Sales Forecasting

Reviewed on 2020/11/10

We are software start up and needed a CRM to manage Leads, Contacts, Opportunities and track project implementation. Apptivo does all this. And if it does not do exactly what you want OOTB, Kamala and her team will customise it for you. The implementation support and customisation folks were easy to work with and understood our requirements. I was very impressed at the level of engagement and enthusiasm to get Apptivo customised to how we needed it to be.

Pros

Apptivo is very easy to use, and integrates seamlessly to other apps. The ability to customise to suit our specific needs was a big plus in our purchasing decision. I have used a few of the other CRM solutions, and find Apptivo one of the best CRMs for sales forecasting and pipeline management.

Cons

Would be good to Click on the name and the Opportunity or Contact would open up. But to view an Opportunity or Contact, you have to move the mouse to the right hand side and click on the 3 Dots (Actions). I find this a little annoying.

Lucious G.
Industry: Education Management

Here's What You Need to Know

Reviewed on 2020/01/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Fulfilling

Pros

Do not be decieved by Apptivo's simple interface. It is POWERFUL. Imagine having Sales Force, Mailchimp, Quickbooks all combined into one application that works on all types of devices.

That is what apptivo is. I like the fact that there is an app for everything within the Apptivo app itself, and all those apps are free!

I like that when i'm customsing and i spot an issue, i click the help button and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] or another support team come online in literally 12 seconds and tell me how to solve the problem.

I like the fact that i'm paying just 20 dollars for this instead of 120 dollars per user for sales force.

I like the fact that i can customise invoices, set up email templates, set up triggers so whenever i create a type of customer a special type of email is sent from a special address.

If i keep going on, i won't stop

Cons

I really can't think of anything. Maybe i do not really like when i cant find a feature, but when i report it, 10 days later i get an email that feature was added. So they solved that problem

Rob G.

Best Bang for the buck on the market! Adaptability and ease of use with scalability!

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Functionality and accurate data collection that was flexible to meet my needs! Hands down the best solution on the market for the price point!

Pros

Ease of USE and layout modifications! The layout is so easy and adaptable to collect the information simply from other users. Databases are only as good as the information you put into them. Apptivo makes it so SIMPLE getting the info in and thus making it powerful!

Cons

Very few, because it is cloud-based they are constantly adding customization features and options and sometimes the functional icons show up in the Customization Settings of the Administrator and there is no documentation for the new functionality as of yet. I would much rather have this problem than them not update the customization functionality though. This database is unbelievably scalable and constantly improving!

Response from Apptivo

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

Industry: Import & Export

Great CRM solution for small business

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/03/24

I think it's really easy to setup and use for less technical people, great for freelancers, small businesses and mom and pop shops who don't need or want data driven CRM systems. If you have a single person who can juggle multiple aspects of customer service it's cost effective or a small team it's worth it.

Pros

When my client asked me to look into a customer management solution to start to transition away from paper and Excel sheet based documents, I looked into several options including Salesforce. The price was good and comparable to Salesforce but I think many small businesses, your mom and pop shops don't really want or need more in depth data analytics. I think that's where Apptivo is better and easier to use for small business who aren't as data driven.

Cons

What I didn't really like is that for roughly the same annual price per single licence compared to Salesforce was in Apptivo limits the account to a single user. If you have more than one person who handles customer service, marketing, invoicing etc, the cost is a lot more.

Anil J.
Industry: Automotive
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

It literally saved my hours and hours of precious time!

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

Pros

It helps to manage customer relationship, campaigns, billing, and invoices. This is helpful to manage payment and tax department very smoothly which is important for any business. It further helps to organize the calendar for all business activities and keep a record of all the important contact details. Document management is another key feature. All the important documents related to the business can be kept safely in a virtual location. It caters to widespread businesses like the travel industry, retail, and wholesale industry etc.. All important activities of a business can be interlinked with the help of this application. We can enhance our productivity with this effective management application.

Cons

When we started, our time zones were just IST and when employees from another part of the world started to sign up to the CRM, we faced a lot of problems to set autoresponders at the correct time. The time and date format don't change according to the location.

Dorcas R.
Industry: Machinery

Technical Help

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

We started to use Apptivo for tracking of leads. Now we have moved into using it for a full CRM for leads and customers. Also using it for quotes / estimates, which they helped us to customize. We are just now starting to use the marketing features. We are very happy with the program and support.

Pros

Ease of use and the support staff that helps in time of need. The Chat Team, Customer Service Team, Technical Team are all top notch. They are quick to help with day to day topics. They are also great at helping us to cusomize the program to help our companies growing needs. We couldn't be happier and glad we switched to Apptivo.

Cons

Being an administrator is all new to me, so I have had to do a lot of learning. The team has always supplied me with great short videos to help. When I don't get it and need more help they have been right there. The only feature we would like to see that they don't currently have is mapping our clients and leads for our sales team.

Torey H.
Industry: Renewables & Environment

A great do-all software

Reviewed on 2020/09/01

We have a serious need for workflow organization at our company. We still have a lot to go as far as set-up of every section, but once we are done it will make our company a well-oiled machine.

Pros

This software is a great price with an amazing amount of features. It is completely customize-able for any industry and fairly easy to use.

Cons

The set up is time consuming and tedious. Most things are fairly intuitive, but there is quite a bit that you really need to dig into. And although the fact that it is customize-able is good -- it takes A LOT of time and energy to really get into it and make it function properly.

BUT the good news is that the Apptivo chat function is always available and easy to use. The staff are incredibly helpful and patient, and I have never had a bad experience using it (and I've used it a lot)! They have been here every step of the way during set up and been a necessary asset.

Louise K.
Industry: Utilities

Flexible CRM system and supportive team

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

Great, really supportive in providing tutorials whilst trying out
Really supporting in on ongoing support and resolving issued - the chat function is great
Jasper - who I dealt with from start to finish has always been willing and able to support

Pros

Easy to use and intuitive. A challenger to the larger CRM's for sure

Cons

Main dashboards could have some more flexibility.
Overall branding options could be improved.
The news feed could have more formatting options

I have been using Apptivo for 5 years now. Very good overall!

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Integration, control over my process, paper reduction, information available always, on the go, basic reporting, personalization and company branding, professional presentation of my company, cost control,

Pros

Simple
It is growing in terms of features
It allows managing a complete end-to-end company
Invoicing App is very simple and powerful.
Mobile app works fine

Cons

Sometimes it is slow
Some Apps are very basic
Documentation is very simple, basically the screenshots
Personalization could be complex

Laura A.
Industry: Machinery

Nice Platform - Resolved Internal Issues with Availability of Data

Reviewed on 2020/08/05

My project manager has been fantastic to work with and very diligent to resolve any questions or issues related to the implementation process and user experience. We had hoped to use the quoting feature, and may implement this in the future once our sales team sees the proven success of its usage.

Pros

I like the ordering of the contacts to follow the leads process, the campaigns, and employees modules

Cons

I would like for there to be more standard campaign templates that are more like Constant Contact's standard templates

Bill S.

We recently started to use it. So far, so good

Reviewed on 2018/05/03

Pros

Can access all areas of our business - Sales, Projects, Tasks etc. I like the ability to create Project Templates

Cons

We have to create Custom Lists for common views like Opportunities > Open> Sorted by close date. A pretty common KPI. We then have to export it just to view it on a weekly basis for staff meeting. A few steps to get standard data. Same with Open Projects, sorted by Due Date

Nelson B.
Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 2020/09/03

Mixed. But fairly straight forward. I am the admin and a brand new user so sometimes difficult to understand what has to be done.

Pros

The 24/7 help is useful. Talking is more useful to me than links but it works ok

Cons

Difficult to talk to someone to explain issue

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Ankit A.

Almost there!

Reviewed on 2015/07/20

Great product. Some of the must have features for our business are still a work in progress, but once they are available - I'd jump on this product. Things we need are pretty minor, but hope they get the attention it needs:

- Need timesheets to require a customer input. Currently timesheets can be created without a customer and that creates problems, since approved timesheets cannot be edited or deleted.
- Need to be able to enter timesheet involving multiple customers/projects in the same period. Currently, users have to enter multiple timesheets for the same period if they worked on different customers
- Our timesheet periods are set to weekly, and our week begins on a Monday. But it doesn't force the users to have a Mon-Sun period. They are able to submit time that begins in the middle of the week (Thu-Wed).
- Once the above timesheet changes are implemented, would also like to see a user being limited to one timesheet per period. Don't want duplicate timesheets unnecessarily, specially since they cannot be deleted once approved
- For a service oriented business, we need to be able to track an employee's time such that it gives us cost, as well as earnings, so profitability (and payroll calculations) become easier.
- When each employee signs up, they have to go add each app that they have been given access to. This adds a lot of training and onboarding overhead to us. We'd like to be able to add apps to employees' accounts at an admin level, so they just have to log in and start using the apps
- Similar to the last point above, we would also like to be able to control the look/feel of each of our employees' accounts. We've setup the color schemes to match the company brandings, but they don't reflect in our employees' logins.

Other than these missing features, it's a great product! The customer support is exceptional. I've never seen such a dedicated support staff who is available to answer questions and help you get started so quickly.

Carol M.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

The search is over

Reviewed on 2020/02/01

I have my contacts in one place and can keep a record of my communications, notes, organise my time and put my events, follow throughs and tasks on one screen. I can colour code my events and activities so seeing what I'm doing at a glance. I can get reminders for events/ appointments etc .
I'm setting it up so that it is like having a PA

Pros

I have been searching for an affordable relational database also known as a CRM for at least a couple of years when I had a 1:1 demonstration.T I was immediately won over by the simplicity of the functionalities. It's really user friendly; easy to import data, and add fresh data. I especially like that I can customise the start up screen and menus opening up to the calender and tasks for the day. Then there is the syncing to g suite so now my calendar and mails are actioned in apptivo. My business is small at the moment but as I develop more I can add more features. Especially great feature is the online support chat, answering my queries as I customise the software.

Cons

Honestly haven't found any yet , have upgraded to the premium version to access more features .

Kevin M.
Industry: Retail

Great Product

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

Shows great promise and will be able to make sales staff more efficent.

Pros

Ease of set up and use. Easy to import data and set up templates.

Cons

A bit confusing setting up email when you use office365 but was able to work thru it.

Industry: Financial Services

Started using Apptivo 3 years ago, Great financial admin tools and smartphone apps are handy as well

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

Cloud based, User friendly and if you require something they will try to add it in. 24/7 live customer support.

Cons

You can do a print out of all payments received if you have many clients (per invoice only), time sheets will only be specified on the invoices if you do it one week at the time.

Response from Apptivo

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! . Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

Jennifer J.
Industry: Insurance

Awesome way to house my clients.

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

I am able to add customers to the database and then go back in and update their charts from any location that I am at. I love it.

Pros

What I like most about Apptivo is the calendar for scheduling my clients and how the CRM software makes it easy to navigate to the clients uploaded files.

Cons

I wish that we could eliminate the am hours that shows up on the calendar. I have tried to figure out how to eliminate like 1am to 7 am.

Response from Apptivo

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

Ravi G.
Industry: Biotechnology
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Customer management can be made better by using Apptivo.

Reviewed on 2018/08/05

Pros

All the features come at a specific fixed price. This application can be especially favorable to startups. Contact information, emails etc are arranged in a very neat order and can be easily used without any trouble. The support team at Apptivo is very helpful. They try to solve every issue put forward as quickly as possible. The application also shows efficiency in tracking clients and also deals with payments effectively. Since it is cloud-based, it can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

The customization options are minimal. Also, there is trouble caused by bugs, due to which the software slows down in the long run. Many times, there is a need to add information on the existing data more than once, as it failed to get saved initially.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Pat R.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: Self Employed

Support was great. Thanks executive.

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

CRM and invoicing. Both great.

Pros

Features are great. Have used for a number of years.

Cons

Hard to know where all settings are located.

Response from Apptivo

Hello Pat,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is very glad that you're happy with our support and the features we offer. We are so thankful to have customers like you, who have been using our solution for years. We will collect your feedback and notify our teams accordingly. Again, thank you so much!

Ricardo G.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Best service we started with when starting our company. very intuitive.

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

total control over my business contacts, and invoicing system.

Pros

Ease of use and the cost is minimal compared to the features you are getting in the package. Invoicing feature is excellent as well.

Cons

A little slow when for example creating an invoice and sending to customer. The actual customer, business relationship is confusing when adding contacts and companies.

Sharjeel M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Awesome & Easy To Use

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/04/02

I'm amazed by the ease of use! I highly recommend People out their who are looking for cost effective, user friendly CRM. You have everything what you need in Apptivo, thank you Apptivo, great team without a doubt.

Pros

It's an extremely user friendly software. It will take couple of hours to setup and once you are done, you wouldn't believe how much this will ease-up your life.

Cons

That the settings for the items and employees etc are placed somewhere else, and it doesn't indicate where should I go first in order to add an item in an item list.

Response from Apptivo

Hi Sharjeel!
First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo.
For any assistance while you are working with setting up process, you can always use our online chat 24/7 or write a note to [email protected]
We would continue to provide all of our customers with the same amazing experience.
Thanks again!

Elizabeth R.

Very positive

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

I like that it is easily customizable and new users were able to learn it quickly. I love that we could customize it for alerts/reminders for our service customers warranty expirations. It has eliminated a lot of dual entry our previous system had.

Cons

Customizing the forms was difficult and there are still a few things on our forms that are less than perfect but overall am happy with them.

John M.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

A fantastic affordable CRM that competes with much larger systems

Reviewed on 2018/05/07

I have an affordable CRM where I can track my customers key details and most importantly I can invoice them and track their payments. Gives me a lotntrol over my customer base.

Pros

The quality of its invoicing package. So easy to setup chargeable items and the professional looking output is amazing.

Cons

Clunky to input customer and contact details. Need to enter both on different screens and then go back and link them.

Response from Apptivo

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.