Datacor ERP

4,2
4,4
Christopher j. D.
Industry: Chemicals

Chempax is a great option for any midsized business needing a robust ERP

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

We have been using Chempax for over 15 years and continue to be very happy with it. The best part of Chempax is that they keep investing in the product. There are new releases coming our on a regular basis as they continue to add new functionality and integrate new technology. Datacor is in the process of a generational transition. They have hired a great new management team to keep the company and the product stable for decades to come. As a customer, we are thrilled to see this stability.

Pros

The support team is very responsive to our needs (we don't really need them for that much, but when we do need them they are always helpful and knowledgeable).

Cons

We need to buy a new server this year, we would like to see an accelerated investment in a cloud/hosted version of the product to reduce support costs.

Tommy T.

Absolutely the Best ERP for Anyone in the Chemical Industry

Reviewed on 2020/09/04

Functionality built into the system helps us with every part of our business, including Accounting, Invoicing, Inventory, Regulatory Compliance, Sales Reporting and more. Datacor ERP is designed specifically for the chemical manufacturing and distribution industry. The way that the system is designed means that new features are constantly being rolled out to all of Datacor's customers, at no extra charge to other companies.

Pros

The folks at Datacor have been helping TLC run our business for over 16 years. The amount of integration into our business that we have been able to achieve with Datacor ERP is critical to our continuous improvement and sustained growth. We always have one or two projects cooking with Datacor, to help us get even more benefit from the system than we already get! Next on our docket is Datacor's CRM! We're almost ready to move forward on that project!

Cons

Inventory Management tools are in place, but are not completely intuitive and automated.

Jeremy M.

New Chempax

Reviewed on 2020/02/19
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We have used Chempax for about 20 years. Overall the company has not been bad, but they have been unfair on licensing enough times that I'm more than tired of it. One time we mistakenly violated our agreement and they locked us out of our system rather than informing us of the issue and giving us an opportunity to fix it.

Pros

The overall software package is good for a small to medium size company. It handles about 80% of our day to day manufacturing processes.
Everything from the formulation to the final invoice and even shipping can be done in the software. Not all of it is done well, but it can be done.

Cons

Up till now the primary complaint has been that Datacor has not updated their underlying database for 10 years (not even a patch).

However, that in the last year or so they have unilaterally decided that "old" licensing agreements are no longer valid because of all the features they have added over the years and have moved customers to "new" licensing. This includes both cutting user licenses from 400 to 20 "equivalent new licenses" as well as doubling or even tripling the cost of those "new" licenses. This is all to support "new products" that have not come out though they were slated to be released a year ago. Unless you like a company that has no regard for signed agreements, I would strongly recommend you choose another product.

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Lacie P.
Industry: Chemicals

Best Chemical Software on the Market!

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

Customer Service is great and the support group are extremely knowledgeable about their software and its functionality. Our implementation was very successful.

Pros

Chempax offers a complete solution to your chemical accounting needs. The software is specific to the Chemical Industry thus requiring less customization. Most of the features we desired in an Accounting software was already available. One of my favorite features is the Batch Manufacturing module with the Quality Control features. We eliminated hand written QC manufacturing logs.

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like about the Chempax software. It was the best software purchase we ever made.

Yolanda G.
Industry: Chemicals

Have used this software for awhile now and makes my job alot simpler.

Reviewed on 2015/08/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

this software is very forgiving. Mistakes are easy to correct where with our previous software, not easy and very confusing. We have very good response to any questions about the software and help is there when we need it.

Cons

There are some issues being talked about....and I believe these will be discussed at the next conference. I do accounts payable and I don't have any issues, other departments may have some with the work they do.

Allan H.
Industry: Chemicals

Very Good ERP software that is easy to work with.

Reviewed on 2015/08/12
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It is very easy to get modifications done to suit the way you do business. If you have good knowledge about Access Databases then it is very easy to add things to the system without having to use the vendor. There is a yearly conference with open forums and training classes, where Datacor teach how to make changes to the software and also listen to the customers requests for features. Updates and added features are released on almost a weekly basis.

Cons

The licenses are expensive and managing licenses are done per machine and not per user.

Lauren B.
Industry: Chemicals

Great Software and easy to learn!

Reviewed on 2015/08/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's easy to learn and self explanatory. However, I wish there was a manual or classes my staff and I could set up for training.

Cons

When searching lots numbers (batches), I would like to see which lot is located to each order in the "Products" tab (near enterprise).

Laura H.
Industry: Chemicals

Datacor Chempax has made my job so much easier.

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

What makes chempax really good is their willingness to make adjustments to the software as needed and their availability when there are issues.

Cons

One of my job functions is to create reports in Crystal and I wish Datacor had a training class for doing that. I have taken generic classes for Crystal, but that does not help in the understanding of Chempax's database structure.

Krystalle H.

Review for Chempax Software

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This software is very user-friendly and able to customize the layout to best fit your work scene.
It is very helpful to navigate through the software.

Cons

When choosing between the Main Menu tabs, the windows will minimize automatically. This makes progress difficult when we have to reopen window to use each time.

It would be very helpful to choose if we want to add our own comments to keep on the side task bar. (For example, if i wanted to leave a "post it" or "comment" in Chempax to remind me to create sales orders once the allocation is complete.) This will be nice to pin the comments in the background of the main screen, or to pin it to the side with the calendar view,remarks,...etc.

Valarie T.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Chempax review

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like that when something is wrong Chempax most likely can tell and not let you proceed.

Cons

the reason why i least like this product is because i have a lot of inter company transactions going on and i am constantly getting run time errors and when i need to run a report the system hangs up and refreezes on me.

Meraris C.

User friendly

Reviewed on 2015/08/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

What I like most about Chempax is the AP module because it is very user friendly.
I never had any issue contacting Datacor if I encounter any difficulty on Chempax.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Chempax is their detail reports on the GL module because there is not too much space on the comments column.
The only thing I don't like about Datacor is that their customer service has eastern time hours.

Audrey A.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Top of the line !

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Best product I've purchase!

Pros

Chempax customer service have all the patience to solve anything that you may concern and there technical support group are so knowledgeable about there product and all of its features so you can easily install and implement it properly.

Cons

I don't think you might call this a cons , but We are going \to purchase a new server so We are hoping for a lesser cost rather than spending the same price on our last purchase.

Anne C.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Datacor Chempax Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/21
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Options are clearly dictated. A good product and user-friendly. It covers all the necessary requirement for a task.

Cons

A little overwhelming as it looks. It lags when you open multiple tasks but not that quite disturbing.

Hilda A.

Third Coast Terminals Perks

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This product is very useful in the chemical industry. We enter everything in it from when the order comes in and helps all the way until the product is gone. We can use this product for inventory, accounting, and many other purposes. This system also helps us with our end of month inventory and our customers love it.

Cons

For someone who has never used this product ever could be a little confused in the beginning but with practice, it gets easier. This product is very useful and helps locate information you need to be successful.

Kenny H.

Chempax review

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

there's extremely easy access and very accurate data, and the follow up to details and questions seems to be very professional and timely

Cons

the sales reports are a bit limited. It's difficult to compare year on year sales statistics. It's available to do, but not easy.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Danielle O.
Industry: Chemicals

I only use Chempax to print barcodes for the different products.

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like how when printing barcodes that you can send multiply Batch Tickets through at one time and it prints them all with ease and doesn't get overloaded.

Cons

The only thing that I don't particularly like about Chempax is when you are printing Barcodes and only need 1 barcode, lets say for instance barcode number 320 that you don't have an option to only chose barcode 320, it still wants to print barcodes 320-1.

Mark F.
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

from costing to material managment

Reviewed on 2016/08/29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

it's versatility of programming that can be custom tailored to your needs

Cons

so many options ! Learning them all can be difficult

Luis A.

Quick and User Friendly

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The layout is very user friendly and very quickly adaptable to ones company

Cons

Would definetly would like to be able to use more shortcuts

Josue E.

my chempax review

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Even for somebody with just basic computer knowledge it is pretty simple and easy to use.

Cons

When you input some info by mistake such as the wrong date you cannot automatically delete the entry. It just stays there until an administrator fixes it.

Chris M.

USER FRIENDLY

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This program is very easy to learn and highly adaptable to your business. If you need to add or take away from it the help department will definitely help you.

Cons

when I first started using CHEMPAX it was an older version but since I have upgraded I like the newest version.

Katrina A.
Industry: Chemicals

Many features to complete job duties.

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The option of copying an order - saves time when processing multiple orders with the some of the same information.

Cons

You can't duplicate more than once - if you could have the opportunity to choose more than one it would save even more time.

Kimberly M.

User Friendly

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

There are several ways to search for information. For the most part it seems to help out with day to day operations of our company.

Cons

It would be helpful if they could have different perimeters for different users.

Robert W.

Chempax is all you need

Reviewed on 2015/08/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the ease of use, user interface, and fluidity of the program

Cons

What is not to like? Everything about Chempax will have you speechless. Push this program to its limits, and it will still fight for more.

Robert W.

Chempax is Leading the way

Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Chempax is very fluid with the way it flows with a solid infrastructure

Cons

No complaints in this department, everything here works great

Misha B.

Multiple Terminal User

Reviewed on 2015/08/27
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I am able to export excel sheets from the Enterprise task

Cons

The program is slow when you run multiple windows representing different companies/terminals