Artika R.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Efficient Management of Large numbers of Applicants

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

Great. Very responsive customer care team. Solved challenges in a timely fashion.

Pros

The ability of tag and sort your applications as they progress through multiple rounds of evaluation. The ability to set up multiple rounds, give needs based access based on who in the team is playing what kind of role - just to read, or evaluate or scoring by a jury member. And how that even looked differently for each user. The option to customise how our information shows up and some basic branding was also good to have.

Cons

Tagging is one feature that could use more nuancing and we shared this with the Af team. A still more intutive interface would be good. Sometimes it takes a while to understand how to navigate what content blocks show up where etc. Front-end editing of this as much as possible would be great.

Betty L.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Awards tool for my awards program

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

Overall experience is good with the tool. easy to set up and reviewing and run the nomination report. but the bug issue is keep happening all the time. this make me not very happy with this tool.

Pros

The structure, the analysis report, export the data I received. allow the attachment for people submission

Cons

there are some bugs happened in last couple of days when I open my nomination process to large audience.

Response from Award Force

Hi Betty, sorry for your troubles. From the support email we last exchanged, it seems the problem happened because of a setting issue. Your colleague Carl later switched it on and everything worked as expected. If there's anything else you would like to report, please let us know asap!

Michael S.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Building Designers Association of Australia benefits from Award Force

Reviewed on 2020/07/24

Award Force ensures that the format of the entry material is consistent and predictable, whilst still allowing the entrants to be as creative as they like with the content of the material.

The participation is about 2 - 3 times more than it was 10 - 15 years ago before Award Force. Whilst I can't attribute this increase wholly to the software (there are other factors), my colleagues and I can't imagine how we would have dealt with the volume using the old methods.

Pros

The software saves us time and energy by storing the material, categorising it, and allowing entrants to manage the submission themselves until close of entries. Even then, entrants are permitted to resubmit incomplete content if necessary, which saves us a lot of filing.

Centralised storage that is backed up and accessible to anyone (with permissions) is a relief.

We're pleased when entrants give us feedback that they find the process simple & intuitive.

It's very convenient for the administrators to be able to export customisable reports. I could go on and on...

Cons

We haven't got around to asking the helpdesk about this feature yet (perhaps it already exists), but we can see some benefit in providing the capacity for an entry to be able to be a "linked copy" of the primary entry. Rather than making a full duplicate of an entry simply to enter into a different category. It would be useful if all the common content was linked between each instance, and there was the capacity to provide additional content specific to the linked category(s) if required.

I don't think this functionality exists currently, but if it doesn't I wouldn't be surprised if they are working on it already.

Rosie S.

AwardForce for MadeForMums and Junior Magazine

Reviewed on 2019/01/09

AwardForce has saved us a lot of time and means we can manage everything to with awards in one site. It's easy to pass on logon details to external judges who may be judging from afar and makes everyone feel as if they are on an important panel even being miles away.

Pros

AwardForce is very easy to use and means we can send one link out to hundreds of judges to get the best quality judging we need. The support team are super useful and always reply in good time, there have been times where we need something done urgently and they are very quick to get back to us with a solution. It's easy to download data and keep a record of how we are doing year on year.

Cons

It would be good if you could view more on the page at one time, for example filter some of the options when viewing entries like you can in excel but in the site.

Other than that I have no cons! :)

Response from Award Force

Thanks for the great review, Rosie! We do have the ability to customise every view to see more on the same list view. We'll be in touch in the next 10 minutes to show you how :)

Michelle M.

A Little Tricky But Excellent and Fast Support

Reviewed on 2019/08/06

I'm glad we have one awards season under our belts because it will be so much better next year with the platform up and running. Overall, I would use it again.

Pros

For the price, my chapter was able to purchase, set up and administer a decent awards program. It is highly customizable down to the most minute feature. It looks and feels professional and well thought out. This same platform is used throughout the US so many judges/entrants have already interfaced with it.

Cons

Because it is so customizable, it is like a maze. At times I felt like there was so much to know that there was no way I'd ever learn the platform. Luckily, customer service was ALWAYS there. When I say always, I mean morning, evening, night -- even though they were a half a world away. Super helpful, friendly, patient folks. My needs were plenty and they were always there for me. Can't say enough about them. Honestly, most of the reason I needed help was that I was busy with a new job and didn't have the time to devote to teaching myself how to use the program.

Response from Award Force

Thank you so much, Michelle! Our support team is doing (virtual) high-fives after reading your review :)

• Used Other for 1+ year

Award Force is easy to use and has helped me save so much time in gathering entries to our...

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Pros

Its user friendly interface makes it very easy to set up a session and manage the entries to you awards. I like that the information from the previous years can be reused, making it even more easy to use years after years. The information displayed on the dashboard are really useful. You can keep track of how many entries you've got at the moment, how many have already been submitted and how many are still in progress. The graph displaying how many entries have been created over the last few days also helps us analyse our impact. For example we can see whether the last email we've sent to promote the awards has generated new entries. We send I also love the broadcasting feature, which makes it so easy to contact all the entrants at once. Bye bye mailmerge emails, hello simplicity!

Cons

Setting up the criteria for each categories has been my least favorite part of the set up. It's still rather user friendly, and I'm not sure whether you could make this step easier, but I found it quite tideous. The data analysis features could be better too. For example we wanted to compare the amount of entries created/submitted in the 2016-17 session and the 2017-18 session but were unable to do so.

Olga S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

easy to manage, great customer service and very efficient software!

Reviewed on 2018/01/22

Easy to manage and great customer service!

Pros

I love who easy is to create and edit content. It has definitely helped us manage a very strong entry and judging process.
I also like the fast customer service, it has saved my life on several occasions! I also love the improvements they work on having every time!

Cons

There is no many negative this to say, if I have to pick one will be the fact of a minor change they mad on the creation on the panels and I was not aware of so I had to do it one more time because the previous way of doing it it was obsolete. But at the end, the final result was better!

The customer support is wonderful. They are very prompt, and accept numerous inquiries.

Reviewed on 2018/01/21

The customer service was wonderful, and it spoke to salesforce well overall, despite the hiccups we experienced collectively.

Pros

I like the fact that the layout of the content is organized and visually appealing. (concept tabs for example) Also, the dashboard, side panel with all the features, and checklists are helpful.

Cons

The foreign DOB text box is not conducive to many of the US teams we work with. Also, I wish the videos were more directly accessible and embedded within the software so I was more likely to use it instead of constantly asking the team for support.

Response from Award Force

Thank you for the lovely review!

Perhaps you aren't aware that some months ago we introduced an option to set your preferred date format instead of the default international standard. Please reach out to our support team if you need a hand setting that.

You might also just check with them about the videos - if I understand you correctly, you can reach all our support and training videos via the "Need a hand?" tab at the right of the management screens.

Ross S.
  • Industry: Events Services

Excellent product, great service.

Reviewed on 2017/12/22

Saves a tremendous amount of time, encourages award entries, and makes volunteer udges lives easier.
So there's not a lot to say here. It does what I need it to, and it's relatively easy to set up. And it works. Occasionally it'll be down for maintenance, but they always let you know when that's going to happen. If only it were free.

Pros

Awards Force makes running awards so much easier. Our entrants and judges all report that it is a great tool to use. When we started using Awards Force entries surged 30%, and they have grown every year since. Our judges have found their workload reduced, and (most importantly) it has become so much easier to manage. What used to take two weeks is now down to days, and the level of control and information I can access as an organiser is transformational. It is not overstating it to say that Awards Force has changed my life.

Julia W.

Makes your life easier!

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Great! Fantastic support and support to 'tweak' the software to meet our needs by way of progression and updates.

Pros

Functionality - its intuitive once you get going to set up

Cons

The ability for entrants to add a '£0' when we ask for financial figures - we need proper figures so have to check each entry for this.

Response from Award Force

Thanks for the positive review, Julia! You can certainly have £0 in your entry fields. We'll get in touch with you today to help you resolve.

Phil N.

Great Awards Platform

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

We previosuly used Openwater and fine Awardforce much easier to use and competitively priced.

Pros

Awardforce lets us run an internal program that lets all our offices globally submit work for judging.

This happens every 2-3 months and we can then publish the work into galleries for all to see (separated into the top scorers and all other work).

Being able to lock down registration to specific domains means that we can keep it strictly within our company, but allows us the versatility to add external people if and when necessary.

The process is relatively simple (once you've gained an understanding of how the system works) and I have always found that help is readily available when needed, with the team being quick to respond, and offering solutions to any problems we encounter or requests that we have.

Cons

It isn't particularly intuitive, and if not used on a regular basis it can be easy to get a little lost when trying find specific functionality. That said, we do use the platform ina different way than most other companies so it is partly because of that.

Quentin K.
  • Used Other for 1+ year

So easy to use and functionality is wonderful, plus the support team are amazing.

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

The range of features. Simplicity to set up and for the users encourages more entrants into our annual awards. The ease of use for the judges means they can use the system wherever they are and what ever time it is - no more bulky paper packs to be sent out.

Pros

The ease of use. At first there appears to be a lot to input and learn but the support you get, including hands on webinars and individual training makes it simple. The support team are very responsive. And the degree of functionality is great. We had a paper based system previously which was an absolute nightmare - printing, distributing, collating, reprinting for judges...and so on. Now it's a simple process and judging is online, so it can be done at any time anywhere.

Cons

The is really nothing that I don't like about this software. Some of the things, such as setting up your theme take a bit of work, but a little reading and experimenting overcomes this.

Meghan D.

Amazing support

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

This has saved a ton of time that would normally be spent on combining/merging submissions, creating surveys for judges, etc. Everything is in one place. My support rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been amazing! Very quick to respond, understands what I'm trying to do, etc.

Pros

When you select the help menu, it suggests customized topics depending on what screen you're on
Ability to customize most fields
Merge multiple submissions

Cons

A little hard to navigate at first
Some things are not customizable

Meredith I.

Easy to configure and great functionality

Reviewed on 2017/12/17

Pros

The customer service was excellent. They were always helpful in nutting out solutions for our complicated review flows and finding work-arounds if necessary.

Cons

Can't tailor the reports (downloads) to suit our requirements
Need to be able to copy the review flow over to the next season

The most valuable awards platform

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

I have realised that the award force platform can be used for many other use-cases, besides handling awards. In one of my projects we used the platform for handling, reviewing and moderating grants for students at a university.

Pros

The greatest pro is community and people working to keep the software up-to-date and answer questions you have around the product. It's hard to know everything about a new software, so having a great support team is crucial.

Cons

I don't feel like I missed anything when buying the software. Perhaps some features are missing, but that can be easily fixed by upgrading your subscription.

Amie L.

Excellent product

Reviewed on 2020/07/23

Its been perfect - speedy responses, excellent product that works really well for us and it has helped us increase our number of entries for the awards year on year.

Pros

We were manually collecting/managing awards before award force - so award force was incredibly welcomed. The product is perfect for what we need it for, its simple to use for us who are managing it, the users using it and also for the judges. I would highly recommend this product especially as the customer service is better than anything I have ever experienced.

Cons

Would be good to have a user view in the back end when you sign in - just so you can keep track on what the users are seeing along with managing the back end of everything

• Used Other for 2+ years

This is my second year using Award Force and the experience just gets better and better.

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

From an administrator perspective it is easy to use and nice and clear. For those externally who use it again their user experience is always positive.

Pros

The software itself is easy to use and easy to navigate. Due to its clean look and feel you cant really get lost. To change or update anything it is all clearly labelled and where as you may forget what order to do it in the customer service is first rate and their knowledge and helpfulness is second to none.

Cons

I don't think there is anything not to like. I use other software programmes for HR and payroll and tI wish they were as easy to use as Award Force.

Abigail B.

I've been pleased with the overall functionality, user friendliness, and customer support.

Reviewed on 2017/08/04

A system for collecting data and materials from applicants for our awards.

Pros

Customer support: Carl has been such a great trainer and support--going above and beyond to help us understand and make changes to our events. He helped copy fields and change order numbers on our screenshare call to make our event better. Megan has been super helpful too--responding promptly.

It is easy to use! Everything is pretty straight forward--if it's labeled something it has that functionality.

It looks nice to viewers. Clean and nice layout.

Its dynamic--there is a wide range of functionality--to create conditional fields, to hide fields from judges, types of attachments, types of judging, ect.

Cons

There are some hidden tricks you'd only know about if you were screensharing with an award force rep--for example the ## make the heading size different.

Alin R.
  • Industry: Publishing

Great features and perfect support

Reviewed on 2020/11/24

Pros

Very responsive support, great features and easy to implement and maintain.

Cons

Often not very descriptive labels in the application.

Clare D.

Award Force

Reviewed on 2021/01/07

We've been using for 4 years now - very satisfied.

Pros

Has all the features you need in a software programme to support an awards programme - always receive comments from entrants and judges on ease of use. Excellent support provided

Cons

It's not the cheapest. But having run an awards recently without it due to budget reasons, we realised how much time it saves.

• Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Highly effective global management awards system.

Reviewed on 2017/10/20

Many including easy of judging, managing nominations via dashboard - pie chart is very beneficial to keep track of nominations, exportation of information to excel and from a sustainable perspective saving costs on printing of nominations for judges consideration.

Pros

Easy to navigate, inclusion of sponsor logos, graphics, broadcast email function a good tool, content blocks easy to populate- taking us to the next level as Award Force continue to invest in delivering sophisticated functionality.

Cons

Having to sequentially number the tabs and fields as you have to re-do them if you miss too many when populating.

Lucy T.

Great! After using another similar software prior to this, all I can say is this is so much...

Reviewed on 2017/11/03

Pros

User friendly and easy to export relevant information when need to go back to the site from the accounting point of view.

Cons

The Slush code - The payment ID should be the Invoice number for easy reconciliation especially if payment is being made by invoicing, sometimes weeks after depending on the publisher's payment cycle.

Cindy G.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

The platform is very helpful in our Awards - very easy to use and efficient.

Reviewed on 2018/01/21

Pros

- user-friendly
- You can archive past data
- You can export anything according to your needs
-The support team is very accommodating and very responsive.

Cons

-its quite costly - you get what you pay for, in a positive way.
- I cant think of any cons because whenever I encounter problems, the team responds and resolves it.

Sandra G.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Essential Awards Software

Reviewed on 2019/10/19

Saving time
Ease of administration for entry and judging

Pros

Ease of entry for entrants
Online review, approval and searching
Scoring at shortlist and final judging stages
Ease for judges to pre-review
Ease of set up

Cons

Clunky in places
Difficulty with 3rd party nominations and confusion re login

Response from Award Force

Thank you Sandra! We are working on some exciting improvements which will make the system much easier to use. 3rd party nominations can be tricky on the Starter plan you are on but if ever decide to upgrade your plan, this will be very easy to set up. Just give us a shout and we'll be happy to assist!

Sara B.

Efficient, Easy to Use Nomination and Award Software

Reviewed on 2021/01/04

Great. Exceptional.

Pros

Have used this product for 2 plus years. It is easy to set up, automate and both the nominators and the judges love the ease and use of the platform. It is very easy to change over each year, customer service is great and the responses to questions are easy to find in the help section.

Cons

I wish that I had the same rep for questions and help like I used to.