Best-in-class Cloud ERP for Finance

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Great Accounting System, but with some limitations

Reviewed on 2019/09/24

We are definitely saving time with Intacct. It is so much smoother and quicker to use. The internet based software is so easy to use compared to a program.

Pros

I like how users cannot force things to work like in QuickBooks. If the rec doesn't balance, they have to figure it out. Also, there's more reporting dimensions and a rigid chart of accounts so the users cannot create their own accounts.

Cons

The reporting needs a lot of work. There are so many dimensions that exist in this software that you cannot run a report on. There also seems to be a fair amount of glitches and errors.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello! Thank you for taking timeout to write your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and welcome your insights. Please feel free to reach out to me if you'd like to talk about your experience and areas for improvement in the product.
Regards,
[email protected]

• Industry: Human Resources

Get's the job done

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

Overall, I enjoy using the product. It works well and I don't have many complaints besides the fact that it can take some getting used to.

Pros

I like that everything is very visually appealing. It's easy to see what you're working with and the accounting aspects work well for our team.

Cons

They recently did an update that changed the layout of the system and I feel like it's harder to navigate. It's not as intuitive, making it difficult to find things.

Response from Sage Intacct

Thank you so much for your review! I'm happy to hear that you're benefiting from the visibility. As for the new user interface, we have a couple resources that may be able to help you out in the Help Center - if you shoot me an email, I can point you in the right direction :) Thanks again!

Jacob P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Highly Customizable and packed full of integrations to make the best accounting package

Reviewed on 2018/01/14

by using Intacct, we've been able to keep our man hours low in the accounting office. This has allowed us to put our energy toward ministries and not back office cost.

Pros

Intacct is a great foundation to our accounting package. It allows us to build in other softwares (Nexonia, Bill.com,) to make an accounting system that works for our organization.

Cons

The price is high for Intacct compared to other fund accounting platforms for churches. On top of the cost for Intacct, you pay extra for any additional platform you decide to use. We also always seems to be tweaking how we have items set up. This could be good because we'll always making it better, but sometimes wish there was just one simple way of using the product.

Jessica A.

Fast and Easy

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Pros

Intacct is very easy to use and really fast as well. You can create and run reports that drill down to GL and subledger data with ease. Compared to other ERP systems I have used, I like Intacct the best. It also has a very open architecture making systems integrations very smooth.

Cons

Tickets logged with customer support often take weeks to months to resolve.

Response from Sage Intacct

Thanks for your review, Jessica! I'm happy to hear that you're benefiting from the reporting within Sage Intacct! As for any outstanding support tickets, or other questions you may have, feel free to reach out to Sameera at [email protected] with any questions or concerns. Thanks again!

Joseph L.
  • Industry: Government Administration

2 Plus Years Use of Intacct

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

At first I was not the happiest but the more I use it I have not wanted to change.
I like the improvements they continue to make.
I am glad I chose this software.

Pros

I love the ability to attach documents to each transaction.
I like the ability to customize the software.
They are upgrading their report writer. I have not used it yet but it is supposed to be very easy to use.

Cons

I have not spent a lot of time with the reports.
Creating custom reports is a process.
On some screens I wish it showed totals at the bottom but I have to export and then total up the amount. That is from a certain view. If I created a report it would have the totals.

Don M.

Generally pleased with Intacct. Have not tested its capabilities yet, but have had good...

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Ability to run our accounting processes with an easy to maintain product.

Pros

UI is good. Ease of maintenance. General ease of use. Functionality is adequate and improving. Like the newly develop Contracts module, though pricing was wrong and made our purchase difficult.

Cons

Reporting package needs help. Have heard and seen hope for better functionality, but have yet to see delivery. Fearful that advanced reporting will be an option, which would not be good!

Detailed TB is getting out of control with unnecessary attachment of dimensions to balance sheet accounts. Need to find a way to turn that off (hopeful it can be done).

The Intacct team is 100% customer success focused

Reviewed on 2018/05/09

Pros

The open platform allows us to choose best in breed solutions across the company and then integrate it all together to reflect financials and reporting.

Cons

If you don't know what you're doing or have a good trainer, it may take a little while to get familiar with the navigation.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find it easy to integrate solutions across the company to reflect financials within Sage Intacct. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Melissa L.

Intacct has met all our needs and allowed us to reduce the time needed to close our books each...

Reviewed on 2018/05/05

Pros

The user friendliness makes it easy to train staff, the import feature saves us time when entering data and the ability to budget and expense to different dimensions.

Cons

I wish the reporting was a little more flexible and I am patiently waiting for the new reporting to be released.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Melissa,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you find Sage Intacct easy to use and that you're saving time during month end close. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Elaine O.

This is one of the better Accounting Software that I've used. I love the ease of correcting...

Reviewed on 2018/05/02

I love the ease of use and the ability to quickly correct entries.

Pros

I love the ease of making corrections to the financials. I also like the ACH feature of Accounts Payable as well as the auto-population of Accounts Payable as well as the ability to attach invoices, which allows for the entire Payables process to become paperless.

This product also automatically perform the 2nd entry on the subsidiary books, when inputting a Source Company.

Cons

The Purchasing piece does not keep the original date; which makes it hard to book to the correct period. Also the fact that you have to keep running Registers to see what was paid to avendor. There is no quick summary feature.

Vonn W.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great, efficient accounting software

Reviewed on 2019/10/23

Easy to use software and production of monthly financial statements.

Pros

Ease of use, easy to modify and look up JEs as needed.

Cons

It's great, I can't think of any negatives.

Steven C.

Sage Intacct Review

Reviewed on 2018/09/06

Pros

Streamlined interface. Easy to use features and and very customizable.

Cons

Customer support could be more responsive and less reliant on peer help.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello Steven,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you are finding Sage Intacct easy to use and customizable. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Brian D.
  • Industry: Accounting

Intacct is the leading accounting software for business!

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

We switched from Quickbooks and this software just blew it away. Intacct is cloud based and is much more efficient and effective for business use and produces good reports and integrations to 3rd party software.

Cons

There are odd restrictions with the software. It won't let you use bank accounts as GL accounts which may be for a good reason but works in our business.

Gay lynn M.

Customer service is some of the best in the industry. They are always ready and able to help.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

great reporting - accuracy - aicpa recommended

Pros

The ability to produce about every type of report you need. We use many reports. Intacct is innovative and always improving the product.

Cons

Ironically, the reporting is very complex and difficult to manage in the initial stages. Once you have a longer term understanding it is very manageable.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Sage Intacct is an incredible value because it's helped our revenue and volume tremendously

Reviewed on 2018/04/05

Pros

Sage Intacct is very complete and feature-rich, allowing us to consolidate our billing solutions. That lead to streamlining our process, leading to a significant increase in our productivity. We're now using it daily throughout the entire company.

Cons

The pricing was more than we initially anticipated but it became a non-issue once we began using the software. When we were exposed to the entire platform we were much more comfortable.

Dale C.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Still in implementation phase...but proving to be exactly what we are looking for.

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Exactly what we want - cloud-based; flexible; allows for growth; pay for only what you need. Also small up-front cost, so in the event it doesn't work for your company down the line, you don't have to worry much about walking away to implement something else. I sense that the Sage Intacct people "get this" and are very helpful...knowing that they need to earn our business every day.

Pros

Still in our implementation process - but system is very flexible, has great high-level reporting including multiple dashboards, while still allowing viewer to drill down to detail. Everyone we have worked for is accessible, knowledgeable and offers information on how other users have configured things.

Cons

Haven't seen any worth worrying about to this point. We haven't experienced all of the potential trouble-spots in similar products; e.g. integration with other systems and importing/exporting data. But we are still very comfortable as we move forward.

• Industry: Defense & Space

Great capabilities if some tweaks were made

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

This is a great accounting software that would be made even better if some of the features that have been promised for quite some time would officially roll out.

Cons

There is much improvement needed in the reporting area. After using the proposed new reporting module, the current module looks and feels antiquated and not user friendly.

Kyle K.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Sage Intacct is powerful with tons of potential and possibilities

Reviewed on 2017/12/22

Whatever industry you are in, suggest to check out this product and compare to others. You'll find this to be very competitive on all front.

Pros

Sage Intacct is a great tool that comes with a huge assortment of functions within the core application along with integration capabilities all while having great performance and uptime. The satisfaction around this project is second to none.

Cons

It is fairly new to the SMB market and still gaining mainstream traction due to increased functionality. It doesn't fit everyone however, they are becoming less and less. It can be a bit expensive if have many users.

Adam M.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great accounting package

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

Overall, it has been a great experience. Support is excellent, and the company works to constantly improve the product and keep the features competitive with what's available in the market.

Pros

It's very easy to use and integrates well with a number of other products, such as MineralTree and SalesForce.

Cons

Some basic functions, such as producing manual checks and paying off credit cards, are needlessly complicated.

Shah abdul latif B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A very robust solution for almost any SMB.

Reviewed on 2018/02/02

Intacct is an enterprise level general ledger accounting software. It has many features which are enough for most SMBs. Nevertheless, it needs to fix some minor issues to carry the user experience further on the positive side.

Pros

A friendly User Interface. Excellent dashboard with stats. Simple and elegant navigation. Very intuitive custom reporting functionality. No need of any 3rd party support for fixing errors.

Cons

Not the most powerful accounting software. Unconventional Chart of account approach. Sometimes the Reporting module might get difficult to manage.

Juan S.

Good product and value.

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Pros

Accommodates most of the needs of a growing company. Allows for some customization. Interface is easy to understand and can usually be figured out by trial and error.

Cons

Instruction manuals are lacking, will need to learn as you go. Sales team is extremely lacking in providing support and solutions that may help a growing company. Implementation of add-on modules is very generic with very little support for customization. Once implemented, we found that we were on our own in trying to resolve issues that should have been addressed by the implementation expert.

• Industry: Events Services

Fantastic implementation from the support team

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

Pros

The implementation was incredibly smooth. Rarely have I encountered this, but with Intacct, they had our back the entire process. Our account rep was extremely knowledgeable and we were up and running before the target timeline.

Cons

This software is a beast and takes some time to learn. There is definitely a learning curve, but it is ultimately worth it.

Response from Sage Intacct

Hello,
Thank you for your review. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience using Sage Intacct! I'm glad to hear that you had such a positive implementation process. Please feel free to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to help!

Joshua S.

Value of the product is Amazing!

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Pros

Sage Intacct provides correct and concise information.

Cons

The flexibility in maneuvering the software is surprisingly easy!

Response from Sage Intacct

Thanks for leaving a review, Joshua! Great to hear that you're liking Sage Intacct :) Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions.

Owd

Our company has been using Intacct since 2004 and we are glad we have

Reviewed on 2013/12/18

Our company has been using Intacct since 2004 and we are glad we have. We are a 20 million dollar company and with its constant updates it keeps us going. Very content with how easy to use this software is for client invoicing, accounts payable and receivables and cash flow. As far as cons Im must stay vendor history. You have to play around with it too much to eventually get what you need. If I want to view a vendor history I would like to view it all. Don't really care for last quarter or previous month or anything like that.
-One World Direct

Melissa V.

While I believe Intacct has potential it is currently lacking in ease of use.

Reviewed on 2018/02/28

Pros

I appreciate how I can easily manage all of my bank reconciliation and general ledger needs on one website. It incorporates many of the features I need and allows me to input manual payments easily. My favorite feature is how it remembers my transactions so if I have a frequent vendor I can duplicate payments and edit as needed.

Cons

I find the software difficult to use. It seems like there are lots of unnecessary steps to accomplish what I need within the software. I am not a fan of how I have to void transactions completely if I make a mistake instead of editing it.

Anne C.

Sage Intacct review

Reviewed on 2018/06/21

Pros

As expected, this software is easy to use and looks cool for the reporting view. I keep my inventories well.

Cons

As on now, none. But maybe additional visual process on customer supporting services and ore knowledgeable.