K3 by BroadPeak

Low Code Enterprise Integration & ETL

Mario P.

Easy choice, because it's the right choice

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

Best in class. Not much more needs to be said. Always happy to recommend the right tool and I have yet to see a client of ours be anything but pleased with K3. Pricing is fair. The guys at BroadPeak are good at what they do. They know trading, they know compliance, they know commodities, and they know technology.

Cons

Never had a problem with K3 or BroadPeak

Henry A.

Good Work BroadPeak!

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

Pros

If you are looking to streamline data, BroadPeak has your solution. K3's ability to integrate various data types into a seamless structure has reinvented data analytics. Our experience with their support model and expertise in finance has been fantastic. Differing csv, xls, or xml formats provided by FCMs, brokers, or exchanges are manageable. Our mapping mechanics were easily transferable into valuable information for front, middle, and back offices. We are pleased with K3 and the services rendered.

Cons

Eager to see the support model extend to a more follow the sun model. Coverage throughout the entire business day would be key for global businesses.

great

Reviewed on 2018/05/08

K3 can easily customize xpath and templates for obscure xml. Its intuitive enough that i could figure most out myself.

Pros

K3 is an integration platform. We have used it for a couple of years. Currently connecting 7 different applications. Setup is simple. Can easily customize xpath and templates for obscure xml. DB connectors are really flexible.Solid documentation.Its intuitive enough that i could figure most out myself.

Cons

I would like to be able to add my own JAR files at some point. You might be able to do this but I have not figured it out.

• Industry: Utilities

A friend referred me. I owe him a drink.

Reviewed on 2018/04/16

Pros

I have been very pleased with this product. We have tons of data that's just been sitting dormant for years because nobody has time to do anything about it. A friend of mine referred me to BroadPeak. They were very helpful and trained me on using K3 simultaneously during implementation so I have been off and running from the get go with little need for support. It's just a great tool to have in your tool belt.

Cons

Can't complain. K3 has been a huge value add to our organization.

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

K3 provides efficient solutions for data automation with superb customer service.

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Pros

Ease of use, efficiency, customer service/support. K3 is a fluid integration platform that will conform itself to fit a company’s specific set of needs. Broadpeak has a staff of experienced developers that are able to customize the K3 system to automate communication and trade booking with exchanges, trade repositories, and the eConfirm confirmation platform for a number of our customers. They are efficient and partner well to deliver the best customer experience available. Broadpeak has initiated the automation of regulatory compliance requirements such as trade submission, valuation reporting, and life cycle events for a variety of our customers who have been pleased with the user interface and most of all the customer service K3 and Broadpeak provides.

Cons

no issues identified

• Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Excellent product, incredible knowledge in the team and very easy to work with

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

Pros

Shifts the dynamics away from IT and to the business for a long-standing 'grey area'
Clearly defined and focused product, does what it does exceptionally well
Easy to understand and use, flexible while being sufficiently ring-fenced
Exceptional integration capabilities out of the box
Well thought out architecture, clear roadmap guided by a vision of what customers actually need - i.e. NOT led / customised by customer niches

Cons

Not much to not like. I have not seen another tool that is as intuitive and covers the breadth of integration potential that K3 does

• Industry: Management Consulting

Impressive!

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

Simple, easy to use software that works and addresses the needs of both business & IT. K3 allows users to map and maintain mapping information without the need to go through IT service deck. K3 can be used not only as a means to interface with the various systems, but also for data cleansing, all the way to regulatory reporting.

Cons

None at this time. I have been impressed with the ability of the software and the capabilities & genius of team @ Broadpeak.

Aasmi B.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Fix Engine

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Pros

We use K3 to connect to ICE and Nodal. K3 connects our instance of Allegro to both of these exchanges. The Broadpeak team knows these exchanges very well. Same with Allegro. We were up and running in a few weeks. The overall project was painless and runs much better than what we had before.

Cons

K3 is great. No complaints. It's going very well.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Good software... great company

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Pros

I've been using K3 for a little over 3 years. Primarily for integrating multiple internal systems, but we also it for connecting to various third party systems as well. Our experience with K3 has been positive all around and the support team is incredibly responsive. They have really helped us get the most out of our data by guiding us to leverage K3's functionality with new and legacy systems

Cons

I dont have any cons

• Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Building a Single Source of Truth

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

K3 is the tool we use to minimize risk. Its pretty simple actually.

Pros

K3 is the middleware that drives our enterprise single source of truth. I've been around the IT world long enough to know that enterprise data warehousing projects are a recipe for career disaster. K3 is the tool we use to minimize risk. It's pretty simple actually. We connect to 5 upstream systems with K3 and use it to drive the transformation that is necessary to our downstream BI efforts. Some vendors talk about streaming ETL but K3 actually does it very gracefully.

Cons

No drawbacks to K3. The learning curve is very short. No complex coding required. We've freed up a bunch of developers using this thing.

Darren M.

The best software vendor experience I have encountered in the industry

Reviewed on 2018/03/09

We were able to enhance the quality and flexibility of our legacy ETRM system data for a relative low cost.

Our experience was overwhelmingly positive, both their software and attitude was flexible enough to overcome our internal legacy challenges without blowing our budget.

Pros

The attitude and skills of the owners/managers is their biggest asset and competitive advantage. Their team intuitively understand our energy trading business and the unique IT challenges we face in trying to meet evolving derivative regulatory changes. The effectiveness of their software used in our organization reflects their sophisticated philosophical approach to prioritizing flexible and scale appropriate IT solutions for real business needs.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The Real Streaming ETL Tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Pros

When it comes to ETL tools, K3 is about as good as it gets. I’ve been a project manager for several firms over the years and hadn't heard of K3 before. It was recommended to me by an ex-colleague and could see the value in it after the very first demo. This was my first exposure to a real “streaming ETL” tool in which transformations are done in real-time (necessary for our business). On top of that, the tool is very easy to learn and most of our analysts were able to figure it out by themselves after just a couple hours of tinkering.

Cons

As a small, fast growing company there are minor growing pains to be expected, but overall had a wonderful experience with the team and the finished product.

• Used Other for 1-5 months

I have had a wonderful experience with this software and the people behind it.

Reviewed on 2018/03/04

There is nothing that I do not like about the software but I also have realistic expectations. K3 offers a wide variety of adapters and a platform that can easily move data between systems. If a company has an in-house created system and/or has specific requirements, then no solution is going to work out of the box. If you have this challenge, the key is to work a development team and platform that can easily adapt. BroadPeak has this experience, and K3 is flexible enough to allow for this.

Pros

BroadPeak offloads the setup, maintenance and support from the local IT team to them. Having a hosted integration platform promotes cohesion, supportability and the ability to easily add new interfaces. The cost is worth it as creating an in-house solution requires specific skills (higher employee costs) and can lead to poorly designed desperate solutions (multiple interfaces written in various languages and styles by different employees over time). Integration
maintenance costs can be high when systems on either side are upgraded and changed; this is especially the case with exchanges like ICE and CME that frequently upgrade. This challenge is easily solved with a company BroadPeak performing the work.

Delivery

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

K3 is great at Business Analyst enablement.

Pros

As a project manager I can only comment on a couple of things. We put K3 in and it was my job to oversee the project. BroadPeak team is very organized and aggressively pushes deliverables. They seem to have their ..you know what... together. The internal team seemed to take to the application quickly everyone including myself readily understood how the application works. K3 is great at Business Analyst enablement. BroadPeak team has a very strong understanding of how to work in a rigorous project management modality. Strongly on top of deliverables. I'll admit they are also pretty fun to work with.

Cons

No cons. For my world these guys delivered on time and got on top of a very complicated architectural footprint.

Response from BroadPeak Partners

Thanks Mike! It was fun working with you as well. ^GR www.broadpeakpartners.com

• Industry: Accounting

New 7.0 Release

Reviewed on 2019/04/17

Pros

For full disclosure I was a beta tester for the 7.0 release. We use K3 for a lot of things, but mostly data harmonization. 7.0 is a real step up (in most places) from the 6.xx version. Its really clean and the mapping is awesome. The other thing that is great is that now the entire data store is indexed immediately and really well.

Cons

What happened to the audit trail. I know you can still see it in the 6.x version but not in 7.0?

K3

Reviewed on 2019/07/07

Pros

I was asked to leave a review. K3 is good. There are some things you dont do with it out of the box. This is solved with team. We have parallel prod and test. Sherpa moves data often. This is useful.

Cons

Nothing

Drew P.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

We were very impressed by the capabilities of K3

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

If you work with several different FCMs, brokers, exchanges, software providers and data vendors, then you need K3. And even if you don't but you want a simple tool for great value to integrate several pieces of data together, then you need K3.

Their ability to integrate data into a single database that is easy to manage is unbeatable. Also, while maintaining reasonable cost structures, they offer all of the services of a team of in house developers along with the upkeep after implementation. They are quick to deploy and with their deep understanding of business and IT challenges, can have you up and running in days.

• Industry: Religious Institutions

Makes our day-to-day tasks much easier to manage

Reviewed on 2018/04/10

Pros

K3 keeps us out of the data weeds. Implementation was quick and painless, but the real value has come through by significantly cutting down on mundane tasks. The rules engine allows us to easily apply the necessary business logic without hassle. User friendly. Sufficient admin/security features for our needs. Great product -especially for the price.

Cons

Don't have any at this time.

Finally caught up with technology

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

Pros

Started with this company about a year ago. They kept so much information in Excel over the years and didn't really have the technical bandwidth to spend a lot of time organizing everything. LONG overdue to put all this data to good use. You know..pretty much your typical BI nightmare. Tableau is great, but analytics are useless if you can't get a handle on your data in the first place. K3 really took on the bulk of the work. The UI is very straight-forward. I didn't even have to call on my IT guy for help (which I think he appreciated probably more than me). Its just nice to have control over my data.

Cons

No Cons so far.

Katie W.

Great , Intuitive Integration

Reviewed on 2018/01/05

Time savings. K3 makes it easy to move and transform data between applications and as data prep for Tableau

Pros

K3 uses sensible design in the UI to drive integration. Pulling data out of systems, databases and files then using the mapping and rules engine to drive transformation. All of our data flows easily. We use the K3 warehouse to drive all kinds of Tableau reports. Also real time streams between systems.

Cons

We'd like more heads up on when a new releases are ready. Support is great but we don't typically use off hours support.

Jeff O.

I have used K3 at a couple different clients, where my company supplies IT resources.

Reviewed on 2018/01/16

Saves a tremendous amount of man power.

Pros

Mapping Data in any industry involves a host of business analysts and programmers. K3 allows users to Map data, and maintain mappings without involving programmers and data analysts. The process is fast, easy, and also documents the mappings.

Cons

I don't have any Cons at this time. I would say, that I think this type of software is hard for companies to adopt. Companies that have IT resources will have a hard time adopting a product that displaces IT resources.

Scott N.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Great!

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

Pros

- Great UI. Anyone can use it, so we didn't burden out IT department
- Broadpeak was very responsive.
- We were up and running in a few days after deployment
- Broadpaeak really knew what they were doing and understood IT challenges that businesses can face

Cons

Not a lot to complain about at all. Wish I used it sooner. Any issues were minor and we worked through them quickly with Broadpeak's help.

K3 review

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Very nice product.

Pros

I've worked with the team on multiple engagements over the past 4 years. This is a great group of people. They really hire exceptionally well. The software is deployed on very complex projects efficiently. The code is top notch and reliable. As an external project manager, I've supervised implementations that are delivered on time and on a budget again and again. A lot of this is due to their no-nonsense approach.

Cons

K3 has evolved quite a bit since the early days. I like the direction they are going. They will not do custom code for you unless its a specialized adapter. If you want something in the middleware that is just for you...expect a no. This is actually a really good thing. Too many vendors jump at this to make a buck. But it hurts the overall application by having a single code stream.

Trading integration

Reviewed on 2018/04/20

Pros

K3 is the plumbing that brings in all our trades from CME, Trayport and ICE. We book about 6 thousand trades per day. Works like a charm. We get alerts anytime there is a block or EFRS for us to follow up on. Compared to our old solution it works amazingly well. All trades go straight into our primary ETRM and two other systems. We get far more performance out of our ETRM by aggregating fills before booking. K3 keeps both the fills and output trades. It's significantly reduced our end of day and spared us some costly upgrades.

Cons

These guys know trading and technology very well. We didn't think they could connect to our older systems but they got it done and done quickly. I know BroadPeak has big plans for K3 outside of trading. I just hope it does not dilute their acumen in our area.

Britney D.

We Use K3

Reviewed on 2018/04/12

Pros

We use K3 a bit differently. Mostly we are using it for data prep pulling data out of a series of in house databases and legacy systems. We used to use a desktop tool for this, but K3 quickly pulls data out and we clean/map/rule it via K3 This gives us a great dataset to do Business Intelligence.

Cons

None that I can think of. The user interface is intuitive. And if you are dealing with legacy systems its awesome.