CampSite

Jeff G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great Camp Management Platform

Reviewed on 2018/11/30

Our overall experience with Campsite has been extremely positive. I have enjoyed outstanding customer support. Any issues that have arisen were addressed immediately and resolved. I have made suggestions for new features and have already seen some of them added to Campsite. My camp staff has found Campsite to be very user-friendly​ and powerful. Most importantly, parents have been extremely happy with our enrollment process via Campsite.

Pros

Customer Service, Customizability, Ease of use, Parent Experience

Cons

Some of the functions we need are only available as add on's. With all of our needed add on's the cost increased fairly significantly. But I still feel the overall value is very good.

Response from CampSite

Thanks Jeff! We appreciate your continued business and your kind words.

Matthew M.

Rookie Feedback

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

Training was friendly, but general and not helpful. It seemed more like it was to be checked off the list than to really help us in learning the ways it worked. We had to figure out how it was built and ways around how to use it for specific purposes. It was a one way training, with little time to discuss certain questions we had. They set up our camps for us which was helpful but in the long run doesn't help us in learning its functions.

Pros

Easy to find the information, process payments, organize groups, send emails, know general financials

Cons

reports on financials could improve, switching weeks and aligning with refunds too many components, there was a problem with partial refunds but that was

Response from CampSite

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your feedback! CampSite offers free support anytime your camp needs it. If you have questions or would like to schedule a time to review workflows or modules with your dedicated support rep we're more than happy to do so until your team feels comfortable and confident in our platform.

Thanks again,

Ginny H.
  • Used for 1+ year

Switched to this software to manage multiple camps in our summer program.

Reviewed on 2018/05/21

Pros

We like the ability to put all of our various camp and camp information in one place to make it easier to track registration, payment and for our clients to register as well.

Cons

The main thing is that you have to sign in to the software giving as if you were registering just so you can see what camps are offered.

Melissa S.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Most customizable software I could find!

Reviewed on 2021/08/04

I LOVE this software!

Pros

We have a VERY flexible summer program and after doing a demo with active, regpoint, camp minder and a couple other ones this was the ONLY one that could manage all of our complicated needs. I love that there is a work around for everything and that their support hotline is there anytime I need their help.

Cons

There are a few things that can take a little bit of additional time, but the fact that I can manage such a complicated problem through this software is amazing.

ACTIVE Camps and CampMinder

Reasons for Switching to CampSite

This was the only software that could manage all of our needs and flexible programs and didn't cost a fortune.
Silvia C.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Awesome Software!

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

We have been using this software since 2015, anf from the very beginning we have had the best experience. The training, the response, the customer service, everything is A+.

Pros

This software has all the features we need to set up our Summer Camps AND also our Year School Programs and Workshops. It is very friendly and is improving and adding new features constantly. The Support Service is very quick replying back.
I love this software and recommend it 100%!

Cons

The only thing I have trouble with (and might be my PC/connectivity) is to log in at the billing portal to print the monthly receipt for reconciliation purpose.
Can't say anything else, the software is amazing!

ACTIVE Camps

Reasons for Switching to CampSite

Our contact was very quick replied. All our questions were answered and the price was in our budget.

Response from CampSite

Hi Silvia,

Thank you for your glowing review! We've enjoyed working with Full Sail University and look forward to continuing to provide you with an excellent experience. Please let us know if you ever need anything.

Shelby M.

Campsite: Year 1

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Wonderful experience, better than any other program I have used.

Pros

This software keeps all camper information in one place with lots of options on how to pull reports and access different groups and information.

Cons

The "Enrollment Extras" were hard to use and use reports with.

EZ-CAMP2 and ePACT

Reasons for Choosing CampSite

Ease of use and ability to have all information in one place, easier consumer use.

Reasons for Switching to CampSite

The association had already used this in the past and had liked it.

Response from CampSite

Hi Shelby!

Thank you for your feedback. If you have any questions about our Enrollment extras our support team would be happy to answer them for you. Reach out to us anytime!

Erika T.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Campsite Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Overall, CampSite has been great. The billing, invoicing, and reporting can have it's difficulties.

Pros

I love the accessibility for not only the team but for parents.

Cons

The billing component doesn't match 100% with how we have done things in the past making it a little difficult to maneuver.

Response from CampSite

Hi Erika,

Thank you for your kind review! We appreciate your feedback on billing and will take it into consideration as we work on future updates!

Nicolas P.
  • Used for 2+ years

The best out there!

Excellent

Pros

I have used Campsite for the past six years at a camp for kids with cancer and their siblings. Even with kids with complicated medical histories and multiple daily medications, the software is easy to use. It’s streamlines the check in process and every new staff member picks it up very easily. I love how it is customizable for each camp. You can turn functions off that are not necessary. Any time we’ve had to contact customer service, they have been very responsive.

Cons

It is difficult to navigate from the scheduled medication administration to a PRN administration, like when a camper comes in for their scheduled medications but also needs a PRN at the same time.

Response from CampSite

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your feedback on our medical module and the usability of CampSite; we're glad to hear things are going well! If we can help with anything, we're just a call away.

Allison D.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions
  • Used for 2+ years

Cultural Institution Camp Loves CampSite

Reviewed on 2021/04/27

Pros

We really appreciate how the software really does take into account every conceivable need of a camp and its staff to market, register, track and support campers from the moment they express interest in camp to tracking and supporting alumni. Additionally, their technical support is unparalleled. Would that we all had support of this quality for all dimensions of our professional and personal lives.

Cons

This software has a little more horsepower than we need. It took some familiarity with the system to learn and focus on the elements that were suitable for our needs.

Response from Jonas Software

Thank you for your review, Allison. We're glad CampSite has been such a great fit!

Madison M.

Campsite

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Pros

Campsite has made it so easy to keep track of information and to register our families for a camp session.

Cons

There are a few parts of the application I would like to be able to personalize but they are not allowed.

Response from CampSite

Hi Madison,

Thank you for your honest and helpful review! We are always working to incorporate user feedback into upcoming updates. If you'd like to contact support directly, we'd love to hear more about your personalization needs!

-CampSite

Melissa Z.

Great Customer Service and the Software Always Works Well

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

The customer service people are wonderful to deal with. They are typically very knowledgeable and helpful. The back end of the site is tedious but once you understand how it works, you can program it to do anything you want. And if you cannot figure it out, the support staff will do it for you.

Pros

What you get for the cost is exceptional. Their customer service is always extremely prompt and helpful. I get responses very quickly.

Cons

The user experience is not as slick as some of the more-expensive versions, although it does the job very well. For those who are not tech-savvy, on a mobile device a parent may not be able to find the menu bar even though it is there because it doesn't have the words MENU underneath the 3 little bars. So, they assume, the system does not work and call me to complain. The latest version is more attractive than it used to be. However, the gigantic blue tags box makes a lot of parents not bother to scroll down to look for options saying "there are no options for camps listed." It is certainly user error, but an issue nonetheless. Another issue I wish they would correct is that although you can sign one child up for as many camps as you would like, you cannot pick up another child during the process, select all of their camps, and pay for everything all at once. What happens to a family that has 3 children all enrolling in the same camps, because the cost is the same, it sometimes flags a fraud alert. Just charging them all at once would be so helpful. I would also like the option to allow anyone to purchase a credit - like a gift card with a number that can be given to anyone else. Not something we have to pay extra for, and not something we have to manage on the back end. A gift card or gift certificate. Like buying a gift card from Target. Anyone can use it, right? That's a missing element. Give us a University School of Jackson Gift Card purchase option on the main page.

Response from CampSite

Hi Melissa,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this helpful review! I've shared this with our support and development teams to consider for future updates - thanks again!

Glenda K.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Excellent software for camp registration and staffing

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

With multiple staff on the registration team, the advanced reports feature allows us to set up reports so that any one of us is able to monitor the progress of the many separate tasks others are working on, making our communication constant, clear, and accurate.
One of the most valuable features of this software is the support team. They are always quick, professional, thorough, and a pleasure to work with.
The development team is constantly upgrading and improving the product, not always in the exact area we are wanting or needing, but they do listen.

Pros

No software meets all the unique needs of each individual camp, but this software meets more than others we have used or tested. The Advanced Reports/Filters combinations allow us to access and manipulate our information in a quick and easy manner. The setup is very customizable, so that we can most of the time gather just the necessary information.

Cons

We are a large camp, so limitations of 1000 on both email and filters is often frustrating. There are several limitations - lack of conditional questions, easy to use events registration (but our events program is so flexible in pricing and registration changes that some of the problem stems from us not them), some hitches in the staff module. Still, overall we find it superior to all the other registration programs we have used or tested.

Response from CampSite

Hi Glenda,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your thoughtful feedback. We appreciate your kind words and take your needs seriously. Please let us know if we can help with anything!

Brigett L.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Couldn't Run Our Camp Without Campsite!

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

We started using Campsite about 5 yrs ago and it was a game changer for our summer day camp. We are easily able to track, communicate with and capture data for all of our campers, camp families and staff, which we were not able to do before. The transportation & attendance modules have cut my work on those areas in half and I can't imagine going through the process without it. I love that they are rolling out more mobile-friendly interfaces, as we are quickly moving our leadership team to mobile devices while out on camp. This is the first year we are using the Medical module, and so far we were able to change most of our process from paper forms to electronic, which is a real time-saver. Last, but not least, the people that work in their customer help desk are AWESOME. Always just a phone call or email away with a very rapid response time - that's crucial for me when camp season ramps up. We are extremely happy with Campsite, and the constant improvements made by their development team continue to make it better and better. I realize I'm starting to sound like an infomercial, but I swear I'm just a really satisfied customer!

Pros

The ever-evolving interfaces that are mobile-friendly, as well as the very customizable advanced reports. Also like the analytics for emails sent, however I wish I could easy re-send to people that never opened the email.

Cons

I need an attendance feature for staff. I also need better snapshot views of camper enrollment by week/division, as well as overall bus counts by week. There is no simple solution to either of these problems, so I have to resort to downloading advanced reports and creating my own pivot tables in excel. It's ridiculous that I have to do this! The email client is TERRIBLE and very user unfriendly. 90% of my communication with current and prospective families, as well as staff, is done by email BUT the ability to format the email with graphics, styles, etc. is ridiculously difficult and the source code is easily screwed up, which makes the email look extremely unprofessional in the end. It's truly embarrassing that I can't email a more higher quality communication to my customers. Constant Contact is a perfect example of what I should be able to do, but at a bare minimum it should be as friendly as gmail.

Bobbi M.

CampSite Review - Camp Akita, Columbus OH

Reviewed on 2019/04/23

Our overall experience has been very good. We moved to CampSite because of a major system failure with another vendor, and we have not experienced any major technical issues. We register over 1,000 campers in less than 2 hours when we open up registrations each year, and the registration process has been seamless on those days.

Pros

The system provides the basics, plus, to run our camp efficiently and smoothly. It's easy to use and to navigate for different technical levels of personnel. We particularly like, for the most part, that it's an 'all-in-one' system where we can manage our camper registrations, staff applications, medical information and camp blog.

Cons

For our particular camp, it doesn't cover our year-round cabin and Lodge rentals quite the way we need it to, so we have not utilized it for that purpose. The Conferences & Events isn't setup for our that part of our camp operations run. However, it would be nice to someday be able to move everything on to the same system.

Response from CampSite

Hi Bobbi,

Thank you for the feedback! We're happy to hear registration is seamless for you each year. We're constantly updating our software with new features and fixes to better suit our camp's needs - we'll surely keep yours in mind!

Scott L.

CampSite is a Camp GAME-CHANGER!

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

Overall, Campsite has been a refreshing experience. It's interface is clean and simple and you can tell that it was designed with a "camp director's eye". Their advanced reports allow the user to extract any information you want from the database and seamlessly execute emails, texts, transactions from that list! The new API capabilities ties into Google Docs which, to me, is a game changer. Their customer service is terrific - the team responds quickly and effectively to all tickets submitted to the database.

Pros

I think Campsite strongest feature is it's easy to use interface, not only as a Camp Director but from our parents perspective as well. I've received great feedback from our parents, specifically with respect to the ease of enrollment, photo viewing, phone call scheduling and the Campsite one-way email system. If my parents are happy, I'm happy - so to me that's an invaluable advantage.

Cons

None at this time - still learning all that this software can do!

Response from CampSite

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your kind and thoughtful review! We're so glad to hear CampSite is meeting your needs and that you're especially enjoying our API. Please let us know if we can provide any additional training or support!

Chesca P.

Camp Site = Best Site

Reviewed on 2017/04/19

I've found Camp Site to be extremely helpful and user friendly. We've compared it to a few other management softwares, and while there are a couple of things that can still improve, this is the most all encompassing software system we've come across. I'm very happy with it, and I would be extremely upset if we were to switch to something different. The customer service is always on point as well. They are very quick to respond and always willing to set up tutorials to teach us how to use the latest and greatest features. I would 100% recommend Camp Site to other camp professionals.

Pros

All the features it has to offer from registration, bunking, photographs, emails, activity scheduling, medical forms, communication with parents and staff... it has it all. The customer service is amazing as well.

Cons

While there are a lot of features offered, there are a few things I haven't found a super efficient way to do. Every system will have its struggles/flaws.

Response from CampSite

Chesca:
We are beyond grateful and humbled by your taking the time to submit this review, as well as your continuing to be a CampSite client. Should you ever need anything please do not hesitate to reach out!

Eric M.

Functional, Easy to Learn, Great Support

Reviewed on 2018/12/03

As a camp director who prefers to have as much contact with parents and campers as possible while also keeping costs down, I have found CampSite to be invaluable. I do not need a full-time administrator to handle the back office so I can be out front with my campers. Campsite allows me to do everything- enrollment, bunking, billing, special requests etc- quickly and efficiently so I can be a visible presence in camp.

Pros

While comfortable with technology, I no longer have the patience to spend an hour or two learning a new trick. I have found with Campsite, that learning a new feature is fairly simple. And, when its not, I email a question to support. And, to me this is one of the best features of the software/service, I get a response very quickly with clearer instructions or an offer of a phone call if I still need further help.

Cons

My biggest challenge with the software is if a camp family changes plans, I have to adjust multiple parts of the system to update it properly.

Response from CampSite

Thank you Eric! We're glad CampSite helps make the administrative work easier and lets you focus on the important stuff (running camp!).

Snow R.

Easy, Efficient & Seamless Onboarding

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

Reducing data collection, a cloud platform, an easy parent portal - all solved by this solution + many more problems solved with office efficiency that were not at the top of our list.

Pros

Campsite has thought about what camps need and implemented it in their software. From pre-built request info forms and applications (where you can add custom questions if needed) to bunk management, a parent portal for forms collection and easy reporting - this is a go to system for all your camp needs at an affordable price with great customer support. Financial processes and reporting are robust as well. Onboarding is broken into manageable chunks but teaches you all the ins and outs. Highly recommended.

Cons

It is difficult to push a task through development that is a one-off just for our company that does not benefit the entire customer base and you can not change page layout displays.

Response from CampSite

Hi Snow,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback regarding your experience with CampSite. If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to contact us!

Kate V.

Best decision we made!

Reviewed on 2018/10/02

Best decision we made as a business to switch from Campminder to Campsite. It is user friendly, easy to follow, has more capabilities, the home office is very willing to help you and takes suggestions for updates and changes (and actually tries to implement them!) It's been more cost effective for us and our families speak highly about the change and ease of user friendliness of the parent dashboard!

Pros

I like that we're able to pick and choose which functions we want and need. Which leaves you only paying for what you actually need and will use! It's also extremely user friendly and if you are ever in a bind or stuck - Campsite is ALWAYS there via email or phone to help you and their response time is super fast!

Cons

It's hard to find anything that I would say I do not like about it. There are always things I wish I could have it do, but I've never found myself upset that I can't do something with Campsite.

Response from CampSite

Wow, we are flattered! Thank you so much for the review Kate, we're glad to have met your expectations and will do our best to continue to provide the level of service you've experienced so far.

Gillian I.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Excellent camp management system

Reviewed on 2019/04/16

We have been using CampSite to manage our summer day camps and programs throughout the year since 2016. This program has streamlined our registration process, helped us manage our information effectively and has allowed us to serve our customers much more efficiently and professionally. The CampSite support team has consistently provided prompt and helpful service, and has been very responsive in creating solutions to help us manage our unique programs.

Pros

CampSite is a professional and very user-friendly system. The support team has provided top-quality customer service, and has worked alongside our organization to help us set up and manage our programs in the way that works best for us. The program has been very well-developed to address all different facets of managing camp programs, from registration, to collecting payments, to managing information, to communications. I highly recommend this program.

Cons

I do not have any comments to contribute.

Response from CampSite

Hi Gillian,

Thank you for your kind words. We're glad our support team has been serving you well!

Hunter M.

Sophisticated, user-friendly camp management platform

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Working with CampSite has been an overall positive experience. Their team is highly responsive and has helped address issues, provide customization where possible, and train at every step along the way. Couldn't be more satisfied.

Pros

The user interface is easy to learn and navigate. The administrator functionality is top-notch, both for the purposes of logistics/organization and reporting/analysis. We have a lot of campers who move from program to program, and it's very easy to initiate those changes on the backend, which creates a positive experience for the families we work it. The payment/financial features are also terrific.

Cons

While it's possible to export revenue (gross, discounted, adjusted, net) revenues to Excel on a program-by-program basis, and to manipulate them from there for program-wide totals, it would be preferable to be able to complete such analyses within CampSite before exporting, i.e. exporting should be solely for exporting, and not for financial totaling/analysis itself.

Response from CampSite

Hi Hunter,

Thank you for the detailed review; we appreciate the praise and the constructive feedback! Please don't hesitate to contact our support team for tips on optimizing tasks or processes or to submit particular requests.

Dana L.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Great software for any camp!

Reviewed on 2021/01/21

Customer support is always responsive and helpful!

Pros

I love the intuitive nature of Campsite reporting. It is easy to narrow your reports down with filters and send emails based on those results.

Cons

When new updates are rolled out, there are often unintended consequences that affect other features.

Response from CampSite

Hi Dana, thank you for your feedback! We value your input and will take it into consideration going ahead. -CampSite

Jen Z.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Excellent Camp Administration Software!

Reviewed on 2019/10/02

Overall we have found the staff to be very responsive and informative. Many are camp professionals which reflects in the product. Our families enjoy the convenience and simplicity of the software. Our staff find it easy to use, and I find it easy to administer.

Pros

The cloud-based platform is ideal for our use (multiple users in multiple locations). There are many features that streamline the enrollment process for our campers, hiring process for our staff, and administration of the camp here in the office. The customer service is excellent.

Cons

We are a very specialized program, so there are some features that do not fit our program, and other features we require that Campsite does not (yet?) have the capacity for. Additionally I would like the capacity to build more intuitive forms (conditional logic).

Response from CampSite

Hi Jen,

Thank you for your review; we're happy to hear CampSite has served you well. If you have any specific features that you'd like CampSite to consider for future updates, please let our support team know!

Sharon K.
  • Used for 1+ year

Very happy with our switch to CampSite!

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

CampSite has been wonderful and everyone on our campus who uses it is very happy that we went with them. Staff who have never been able to navigate Summer Camp in the old system are now able to log in and easily find what they need.

Pros

This software is very easy to navigate and the customer service is great. The rep always explains things clearly and helps customize the program.

Cons

There are just a couple of "peculiarities" or restrictions that we would like on our registration and/or reports that we haven't been able to refine into use, but these are minor details that we are able to work around.

Response from CampSite

Hi Sharon,

We're happy to hear CampSite has been a great addition to your summer camp. We appreciate your feedback!

Ted M.

Good software

Reviewed on 2019/09/20

Camp site makes the registration process go much smoother for the campers.

Pros

The software itself is great. We've been using it at our camp now for around 5 years. It has definitely helped us with streamlining the registration process. It is great for handling all of the money so we, (a small camp), don't have to deal with all of that.

Cons

There must be a lot of for profit camps out there using this software, because as a non-profit camp we have a hard time justifying the expense. It's not cheap software, and every year we debate whether we can afford to continue using it.

The other issue is that they lack functionality in the Staff module for dealing with minors as staff. There are many things that we need the parents to fill out and do, but the software gives us no options for dealing with that. We have minors as staff coming and going throughout the summer, and we have no way to allow parent to sign in and fill out medical information on them and so on.

Response from CampSite

Hi Ted,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We appreciate your words regarding your experience with the Staff module. Please let us know if there is anything specific our support team can help with!