Jostle

4,3 (55)
Helping employees succeed. Anytime, anywhere, with ease.

Aaron K.

Engaging Intranet

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

An intranet that engaged the staff and is one place to find out news/olds/information and who is who inside the business. A place where users can come and see themselves in the business, who and what they are and how they fit in.

Pros

Easy to use and setup with good support from the on-boarding team and regular catch-ups over the time period. The library is a great tool with good security and functionality. Staff member profiles, that we integrate with G-Suite are helpful and enable users to customize themselves and their images as well as professional profiles.

The news section is easy to add and manage the posts as well as items for sale and internal vacancies. The search function is excellent and returns a good set of relevant results to all users from all areas.

The Admin area is well laid out and easy to follow with a good range of depth and when you want to do something not available the support team can help you out.

Allowing internal and external users means our board members can see what is going on inside of the organisation without death by email.

Cons

Would be nice to have threaded discussions. Creates a number of library groups in g-suite and does not do a great job of cleaning up after itself when groups are removed, unused or empty.

Lesley Y.

A dedicated team and customer service makes a difference

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

We've implemented and used the Jostle platform for almost three years, and since starting, with my current organization, I've been working with the Jostle team quite closely. The Jostle team is very responsive, and dedicated to providing great customer service and support. The 400+ employees at our organization have varying degrees of technical savviness. One main challenge we have is teaching them the essence of great internal communication and content sharing in moving the company towards our business objectives. When we reached out to Jostle, they were very welcoming and embraced the idea that I had pitched them in order to help our employees familiarize themselves. That was, a digital workshop. Two members of the team built a presentation and workbook, then led a two hour session at our company's digital workshop. They were amazing as you can tell how invested they are with all of this training, and ensuring that our employees are utilizing the Jostle platform to its fullest potential.

Other than the staff at Jostle, I thought that they are very responsive with customer feedback. They are always taking suggestions from their users and if it makes sense, the feature becomes available to Jostle users. I think that is amazing, since from my experience, most Intranet platforms are always outdated and lacking innovation. Jostle is easy to use, understand, and simple in it's features, layouts, and functionalities. I would highly recommend them.

Pros

Ease of use, simple to use content curation features, ability to visually represent important information in an organized fashion. Very modern and polished.

Cons

The ability to disable certain features when they aren't being used. I think reporting and metrics could be more comprehensive and visual. Maybe the integration of some sort of visual dashboard that allows for goal tracking.

Alesia L.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Jostle: Employees Engagement Cloud Solution.

Reviewed on 2022/05/16

It improves team collaboration which boost productivity in my organization.

Pros

Jostle platform enables us (teams) in my organization to work together on the same projects, share files and ideas in one place.

Cons

Even though Jostle offers a free trial for 30 days, it lacks freemium version.

Eric P.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

I just can’t get on board with Jostle

Reviewed on 2019/11/06

Not good...I miss Workplace.

Pros

I wish I could have positives about Jostle. If I had to come up with one, it would be having multiple columns viewable at a glance.

Cons

Using the website on my phone is unnerving to say the least. Through the website on my phone, I can’t even post updates half of the time. Pictures don’t want to update, the news feed gets stuck.

Now I will say...these issues only happen on my iPhone. However, I have verified on other phones and co-workers say it happens to them on their mobile devices as well.

Response from Jostle Corporation

Hi Eric,
We're sorry to hear you're having a tough time getting on board with Jostle. I understand that you are using Jostle via the browser on your iPhone, for the best experience with Jostle on mobile we recommend using our mobile app. You can head to the App Store and find it by searching 'Jostle'. If any of your co-workers are Android users we have an app in the Play Store as well! Hopefully, this improves your experience.

Jelle D.

Everything I asked for

Reviewed on 2022/06/01

Pros

Jostle has been a great solution for all the remote work we have been doing. Communication on the work space has become a lot easier and more effective.

Cons

I have experienced a few bugs using the software but besides that I haven't experienced anything I didn't like.

Danielle G.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great platform with fantastic support!

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

I've worked with the Jostle platform for a year and a half and have had many good experiences and business successes. I cannot rate enough how great it is to have a knowledgeable and helpful designated account manager (Sally Smith) who is my main point of contact and is always happy to discuss our platform use and suggest new ways of working along with answering any queries I have. This makes our user experience of Jostle align with our business strategy and values, as well as ensuring we continue to optimise the platform when new changes are introduced. I also rate the forum very highly as it's great to be able to discuss thoughts/ideas/best practice with other Jostle users outside of our organisation - and it's great that conversations on the forum are heard by the Jostle team and often make their way into the Jostle newsletter and ultimately influence platform developments and changes.

Pros

The ease of use, how the interface resembles social media and encourages full company engagement

Cons

Some of the areas on the platform are not relevant to our business, but there is not anything we can do to reallocate these sections into something more appropriate. It means the sections remain unused. (not a massive issue as we tend to focus our attention on the News section anyway)

Decent Company Community Page

Reviewed on 2018/12/12

its been fine, its ease of use is nice, and many of the features and tools are handy has well. its a decent to tool to communciate with those in your whole company.

Pros

it is easy to post articles to it, the google intergration is nice, makes it easy to set up accounts and log in with for endusers. One of the best parts i would say is the people sections, it is nice cause it allows you see everyone from your company and this is nice when you have several offices like i do.

Cons

when posting articles some more and better customization would be nice, some more features would be good as well.

Cassandra M.

HQCA Review

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

We have a small organization and this tool allows us to easily maintain a user-friendly, engaging intranet. Its functionality is simple and easy for new users to get the hang of.

Pros

- userfriendly
- engaging
- nice layout and organized pages
- people view is great for new employees

Cons

- some limitations in personalizing
- sometime shut-downs and won't download content

Response from Jostle Corporation

Sorry for the issue you had with downloading Cassandra. I believe this was a short-term issue that was quickly resolved. The team will reach out and make sure things are working well for you now.
Brad

Ian T.

It does what it does very well

Reviewed on 2015/12/02

If you are looking for an intranet that is simple for your employees to use and doesn't require hours of administration from your IT technical team, this is the product for you. However, if you are looking for a product that can be highly customised to match your corporate brand and standard processes, keep on looking. As there are few configuration options, every implementation of Jostle will look the same whichever organisation is using it.

For those people who are regular users of social media, it has a recognisable interface and navigation is easy and intuitive. Because of this users require little or no training. Jostle provide extensive support during the initial implementation, although not much its needed.

The highlight of the Jostle intranet is the People section that allows users to quickly find staff and see their position within the organisation represented in a clear graphical way. It has excellent fuzzy logic when searching for names and common nicknames; for example a search for "Robert" would also display result for "Bob", "Rob", "Bobby" and any other alternative.

On the downside, there is trade off between simplicity of use and simplicity of function. Some areas of the product do not have the advanced functionality that other hosted intranet applications have. The Discussion section feels like a recent addition without the level of sophistication that one would normally expect to see within a mature product.

So, if your organisation wants a simple, easy to use, easy to implement intranet and you are prepared to work within the boundaries set by the product, Jostle can be the ideal solution.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Daily companywide information platform

Reviewed on 2020/10/28

Pros

I’m a general user of Jostle where I can get all the company information and new daily articles or updates that get posted. It helps me keep up to date about the company and colleagues. Also, I can post articles and appreciate colleagues on the platform.

Cons

UI of the software is not very intuitive and it’s a bit confusing and slow. I don’t like the fact that whenever I need to download something, I actually have to open it in the new tab and then download (Maybe it’s something that our company has set-up, but I hate it)

Andy G.

Intranet done right!

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

We have been using Jostle for a few years. It has transformed how our employees interact with each and how we share files. Our company is disbursed across the US and it sometimes feels like you are on an island all by yourself. Having a central place to log in to for news and important files really helps our employees feel like part of the fold.

The picture directory is great and the shout out feed as well. The admin section can be a little confusing but that is it. We've also been able to get some new features added to support our company. The customer service is GREAT.

It's a great product, it is actively developed and the customer service is top tier. Don't hesitate to sign up.

Pros

G-Suite integration
Actively developed
Picture directory
Interactive Org Chart

Cons

The admin section can be confusion
The Library can be confusing to navigate

Response from Jostle Corporation

We are actively working to improve the admin screens, including moving more and more of this functionality in app. And we have just substantially expanded our LIBRARY development team, who have lots of enhancements in the works.

Jennifer A.

Easy, colorful, fun!

Reviewed on 2019/08/15

Pros

We implemented Jostle in order to keep our company's culture alive and keep employees connected as we rolled out our work at home initiative. We loved how easy it was to set up, how intuitive it is to use and how fun it can be. I describe the news page as is "Facebook and Twitter had a baby" because there are sections for brief updates and longer articles, and as soon as employees get in, they already feel like they know how to use the program.

Cons

It does take champions to keep people engaged and logging in. Also, the discussions -- rather like a workplace-appropriate chat room for project or task oriented conversations -- did not work as well for us as we had hoped it would because people needed more prompts to go back in and view updated comments.

Sharon S.

Jostle is Your Answer!

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

We love Jostle. We are nearly an entirely virtual company that was growing beyond the capacity of email and phone calls. Jostle gives us the opportunity to stay connected no matter where we are in the world. We love the left side rolling twitter-like announcements. Our folks share everything personal and professional! New babies, promotions, celebrations, changes, etc. The articles, research, etc. are great but I love the surveys. We can collect company data through surveys nearly instantaneously! And the Jostle folks are cool. We're the customers but we want Jostle to be proud of us, too, we do b/c they help us communicate our important work with kids.

Pros

Ease and applicability

Cons

Can't think of any . . .

Amanda S.
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

We love our Jostle intranet!

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

We've been Jostle customers for over three years and couldn't be happier with the product. It's hip, fresh, innovative and always evolving. It's connected our culture beyond our expectations and it's really intuitive for users. Service is rarely needed - but when it is - they're quick, responsive, professional and effective. They understand how critical communication is to business and always deliver the highest quality product, speed and connectivity. We're always happy to provide a reference on Jostle's amazing platform!

Pros

Easy to use, Affordable, Great Service, Interactive design, Attractive interface, Great user experience, Tons of storage, Speed, Great search feature

Cons

None

Jeff P.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

We LOOOOVE Jostle...

Reviewed on 2017/09/16

Internal formal & informal announcements & communication moved out of the mailbox and into a shared environment. Staff now have a platform to easily share content and collaborate. All users have their default browser home page set to Jostle. Engagement metrics are outstanding!

Pros

People-centric. Clear layout and navigation, easy for users to learn. Very easy to administer. Ability to leverage SAML SSO if your company has the IT resources.

Cons

Not many. File Library could be more robust. Lacks the ability to automatically age archive content.

Christa S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Just what we were looking for!

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

Jostle has allowed us to up our internal communication game! We have associates located across the US and now everyone is privy to the same information. We also use it as a document storage library, allowing every associate an easy way to access any document they would need during the sales process or for their clients. Our associates love being able to give shout-outs and seeing anniversary and birthdays.

Pros

Ease of use and loading content. Love the library, shout out features and being able to see birthdays and work anniversarys

Cons

I wish it could be customized a bit more to fit some of our unique needs.

Andrea H.
  • Industry: Insurance

WE EXPECTED A TURN KEY INTRANET PLATFORM

Reviewed on 2017/11/01

United our 3 locations and created a faster, more centralized way of communicating within our organization.

Pros

Ease of set up and quick on boarding process for staff. Its so easy to launch and train co-workers. Visually pleasant to navigate and helps create a fun corporate cultural with its social media-based style.

Cons

I'd like to use the calendar for more than events like scheduling like staff holidays etc. I would like to see the view more in a traditional calendar format rather than a list.

Jennifer A.

We love to Jostle!

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

We brought in Jostle to try and preserve our corporate culture as more employees transitioned to work at home status. It has been a team-builder and morale booster! The system is very easy to use -- while there are some ins and outs to the Teams Setup, it is almost plug and play otherwise. We have some super-users on staff and have really benefited from the People and News functionality. I feel like it's a good value for what we gain from it on a daily basis.

Pros

Ease of use, friendly colorful format, brings people together and makes them feel empowered.

Cons

Certain elements (building teams) are a little more involved to maintain.

Response from Jostle Corporation

There is lots of work underway to further improve TEAMS, which are now rolling out to users release by release (every few weeks).

Susan M.
  • Industry: Insurance

Remove "Where is it?" from your office language

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

Communication is the Key. We all know it and Jostle makes it easier to communicate anything to anyone in your company. I love the ability to post articles to departments, committees, teams or an individual. Protected data works great in Libraries. HR can store records for their eyes only. Very easy to set up and "grow" with it. We love our Jostle intranet!

Pros

the ability to control who sees what. Also to store everything in one central location

Cons

Events. Time consuming to post to. Too many options. Would be nice if we could customize the form for us, choosing only the items we want our employees to have available. Also - show time as busy so no duplication of events.

Jonathan P.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Brilliant tool to help raise the profile of people and stories within your organization

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

We've been using Jostle for a few years now and have been consistently impressed by the updates to the platform, the speed of deployment and the impact to our business. Jostle is people focused, and helps you lift the profile of different individuals, and their stories, within your organization. Some intranets we've seen a very focused on content, and work like closed-off social networks. Jostle is much more interesting than that, and has been a big boost to our corporate culture.

Jennifer C.

The software has been a great tool within our establishment. We really enjoy using it.

Reviewed on 2015/12/03

Our facility uses the software multiple times a day, everyday, and we love the connection it provides amongst our staff. I am one of the main news reporters, I only have a few concerns- one being the limited color options. Also, the layout of the body in an article changes once you publish it. It is not very easy to insert images into the body. The pictures and words are always shifting. This could be operator error, but we have had several people comment on this. I am a newer user, so some of this may come together more in time, but as for a beginner- most things are pretty easy to pick up with very little training. Another concern is that we would like the ability to add video clips if possible. As far as we know, this is not an option at this point. At one point, when you would click on a particular person's bio tab, the words would pop out at you all over the screen. Our office really liked that option, and wonders if that will be available again? Last, we recently set up and event with a recurring date. We ended up wanting to take the recurring date off the original event published, and it would not let us without deleting the whole event and starting over. By doing that, we deleted all the people that had already rsvp'd for that event. These are all small things we have noted. Again we love the software, and what it does to connect our employees.

Response from Jostle Corporation

Hi Jennifer - thanks for the feedback, please contact our Customer Success team for help on how to add video and your other requests.

Holly S.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

LOVE jostle

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

We've had great success with Jostle and our engagement is outstanding now. We use this daily with remote teams to stay connected. Our key is to ensure that senior leadership is engaged and active on the site.

Pros

simple user interface

Cons

should be able to export all articles...to archive or to "tell the story"....

Melinda A.
  • Industry: Wireless

Jostle and our company

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

Jostle has helped our company to communicate on a more personal level with our 600+ employees over nearly a dozen states. We are greatful to have this medium of expression and connectivity!

Pros

News page

Cons

Inability to link to other items within jostle.

Response from Jostle Corporation

You can link to anywhere in Jostle Melinda. In the places where we do not provide an explicit "copy link" function just copy the URL itself. These links will only open for people that have view rights to that particular part of Jostle.

Maxwell B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Jostle is a great tool for organizing our company and keeping everyone in touch with each other

Reviewed on 2017/09/05

Brand-wide communication with customizable feature that best fit out company's style.

Pros

How easy it is to start and reference conversations, make brand-wide announcements, and organize shift coverage through Classifieds

Cons

The "Teams" area is slightly hard to organize and a little less user friendly than the rest of the site.

Simmi U.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Easy to learn. Easy to use.

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

When we got Jostle it was an easy set-up with great customer service. Since we've been using it, more and more staff have been engaged and post freely. We use it for philanthropic campaigns, social events and industry knowledge. It's a great tool for all of our resources.

Pros

Easy to use.

Cons

Limited calendar options.