AgencyBloc Reviews

AgencyBloc

CRM/Agency Management System for L&H Insurance Agencies

4.8/5 (87 reviews)
Steve P.

All In One Insurance Solution for Brokers!

Reviewed on 2016/07/19

AgencyBloc is the single best all-in-one insurance platform out there - and I've used just about all of them as the IT Director for Custom Health Plans. Absolutely any part of the system can be found from a top level search, and the lead system especially has unparalleled versatility for customization. It's even possible to post directly into the CRM, and combined with the autoresponder capability, you can have an instant-deploy message go out the moment a lead comes in. It also has a very Google Calendar-esque notification function built in, so you'll never miss a lead having a birthday or with a policy running out. Last but not least, the staff are super responsive, and listen to agents' requests for new features or tweaks to existing ones. Gary Marr especially on their technical team has been a non-stop asset to our overall online endeavors, and is a true gem within AgencyBloc - having an awesome system is great, but having an awesome system with technicians who care is absolutely stellar.

Pros

Biggest pros are the ease of customization and searchability, and the simplicity of use on any device. The entire CRM is mobile friendly, so even on the go, the whole system is at your fingertips.

Cons

The only real con other than a relatively hefty learning curve (which is expected with this many features) is the lack of a built in rate engine - obviously not a huge deal with so many out there, and if nothing else, it's likely something planned in the future. Regardless, it's easy enough to write a cross-post into a quoting engine AND AgencyBloc without disrupting either one.

Cathy B.

Extremely User Friendly & A MAJOR Time Saver!

Reviewed on 2017/09/07

There are too many to list. But, mainly, the fact that our customers are all in one easy spot, and since we have two office locations, all of us are able to access and utilize the program. I personally have saved many, many hours of my work week, as am now able to simply upload most of our commissions directly into Agency Bloc, and don't have to spend my valuable time simply inputting numbers into Excel.

Pros

Before we purchased the Agency Bloc software, I was spending a good majority of my time simply inputting commissions. This was all done by one person (me!), and I was simply not able to keep up with this exhaustive process, and take care of our customers and their respective issues to boot. Since utilizing the commission feature on Agency Bloc, I now have the necessary time to help our customers and spend the time with each and every one of them. No more working nights and/or weekends just to keep my head above water. Also, the customer service that Agency Bloc extends is absolutely beyond compare. Our rep never fails to respond to our pleas for help (regardless of how trivial), and gets back to us the same day, and usually within the hour even. THANK YOU so much! I would highly recommend Agency Bloc to any insurance agency that is looking to streamline and organize their customer base. With AB, you can be as detail oriented as you like, and rest assured that they will be there to assist you 100%.

Mindy D.

Great for keeping client information all in one place, it is easy to quickly access the data we need

Reviewed on 2018/05/01

Being web based, it is easy for our company with several remote offices to all use the same data base. It also makes it easy to access information off site as our agents meet with people outside the office on occasion.

Pros

It's fairly strait-forward to use. The way everything is labeled, after a small amount of training we are able to keep multiple users consistent with data entry. This enables more accurate reporting, which in turn helps with other aspects of running our company such as marketing.

Cons

Duplication of information - Policy detail and coverages share several of the same data points.
I question a bit of the accuracy of reports. Recently I pulled up all active clients and updated missing information. Shortly after that a coworker was pulling up several accounts that had missing information. I have also had a couple of coworkers tell me some attached information had disappeared. This has not happened to me, so I have not been able to determine if it was operator error or the program.

Richard P.

One giant step...

Reviewed on 2013/06/24

If you are looking for a software system to run an agency that specializes in group life and health and related lines you should take a look at the Agency Bloc product. It is easy to use, fairly inexpensive, and does a great job generating reports and tracking clients. I am very happy I am making the switch.

Pros

Making the decision to change agency management software is extremely difficult but when you run into substantial limitations on functionality it is time to look at alternatives. After switching to Agency Bloc I immediately found that I could generate reports in seconds that took me much longer to generate on my old system. I found the interface to be much more user friendly and service team was there to solve the few minor glitch moments that came up.

Perhaps the most important "Pro" I have found is off site storage. We all know the importance of backing up data and we all think we have taken this important setp. I thought that as well, but my server crashed last week and some of that data that I thought was being backed up was not backed up. My existing agency management firm charged me for rebuilding a couple of files and it took some time to get it done. The information on Agency Bloc was unaffected because it was not stored on the server. This is a real plus.

Cons

For some reason it seems that the people who design these agency systems get carried away with setting up functions that the average agency just does not use. In some cases the information that I would like to see on one centralized screen requires that you either change screens several times or set up a "custom" page where you can put the info you want to see in one place.

I would like to see more "user defined" fields on the main screens but the ability to set up custome fields on some of the pages works with a little effort.

Jay B.

Best Management System for Benefits

Reviewed on 2017/03/09

I have been using this system since 2013 and will tell you there is no better on the market today. The customer service is second to no one. I call and they respond immediately to most of my issues. What really impresses me is what I jokingly call my Christmas list when i call in with a suggestion. You see if I feel like there is something missing that I would like to see implemented they carefully listen to me and ( not always ) but a lot of times have implemented the idea. We service approximately 45-50,000 employees and around 200 groups with this system. I believe ( and I have investigated ) that this is the best system in the market place that you can use to service your customers. I highly recommend them to everyone.

Pros

Is it is not only user friendly but adaptable to my needs. I can make changes in certain areas to custom what I am looking at.

Cons

Of course I want to be able to customize it more in certain areas.

Tiffany C.

Overall, very good

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Pros

Ease of use, does most everything we need it to. Allows my agents to access it from their tablets, phones and laptops while out in the field.

Cons

There are a few functions that I wish AgencyBloc to do: Allow my agents to send out their own mass email campaigns. Wish it was more expensive to simply allow them to have access to their own commission payments. Wish they could also run their own reports, ie: missing commission reports. I feel to much is put on my simply because the agents don't have access to a lot of functions just simply because we don't pay a higher fee.

Deborah M.

Perfect Customer database software for the insurance agency.

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Pros

It is designed around what information I need to track for my customers so the reports are helpful. I am so glad I am not paying for more than I needed. I looked at Salesforce but it was too much for a small agency like mine. When my general agency recommended Agencybloc, it was perfect.

Cons

The only feature I like least is the reporting. Takes a lot of time to figure out how to get the end result that we need for labels, forms, or other papers. We do not take the time to look at training or call, but I am sure if we did it would help.

Lindsay B.

Great Database System, Improves Inter-departmental Communication.

Reviewed on 2015/04/17

Our company started with a primarily paper based system and went to AgencyBloc specifically as a database to keep all of our client and clients employee information.

We quickly realized that AgencyBloc was a powerful tool and saves us the time. We frequently need reports on our groups and employees to create quotes. The reports are easy to pull off of the Website and we rely heavily on them. The nice thing is they are always up to date and accurate which we didn't have with the excel documents we created without AgencyBloc. We used to have to input all of the information ourselves, now we just pull it from AB. It does mean that you have to be vigilant about making sure the information is current in AgencyBloc but once you get a system set up it is a huge time saver. Our customers are impressed with how fast we get information to them!

The activity section has also proved to be really helpful. We are a small business and each of us work from home so communication within our company is vital. Activities allow us to document all of our interactions with clients and carriers, then each of us can view the activity for information. Therefore, we are never "in the dark" when communicating with customers or carriers...there are detailed notes that we can each refer to.

The other thing I really appreciate about the system is that it has lots of features and you can choose which you are going to use and how. It is easy to customize to fit your specific needs.

The AgencyBloc staff is always available to answer any questions we have and they are always willing to hear feedback. Some of the feedback we have given has actually resulted in changes, which means they listen!

Overall, we have had a very positive experience with AgencyBloc and the staff that run it!

Connie C.

Great Program - Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2017/03/02

We moved from GBS to AgencyBloc in 2016. The difference is night and day. All of our client information is available and easy to search and find. AgencyBloc did a mass transfer of information from GBS to AgencyBloc at the inception of their service. Although there were some updates that had to be done after the fact, the system is very user friendly and we did not lose any information. We like that we can set up scheduled phone calls to clients, and create follow up activities that show up in our dashboards. We also set up the birthday email function so our clients receive a birthday message from us. It has been well received. I feel that the system has much more potential that we have not yet tapped into yet with reporting. Looking forward to using the system to it's fullest potential.

Pros

Easy to Use , Customizable, Lots of reporting Capability, follow up system using the dashboard is great. Also can use the system on your mobile device.

Mary D.

AgencyBloc is a Time Saver!

Reviewed on 2016/07/06

AgencyBloc is a time saver especially when it comes to email campaigns. You can quickly sort out a list of customers to send specific emails to.

Pros

You can set up automated emails to customers and forget about it. The system will automatically send out your welcome emails, birthday emails, holiday emails, etc. Then, you can check to see who opened the email, how many times they viewed it, and if they clicked on any links. This is a great way to find out how effective your emails are and if you should continue sending them. From my experience, whoever reads your emails the most, happens to be the customer who refers the most.

Cons

Mass emails are at 2 cents per email, but that's only $2 for 100 emails. (Still a great deal!)

Morten R.

Great software with great support.

Reviewed on 2018/07/11

Pros

I like the fact that it is a cloud based system with the ability to easily add custom fields. I also very much like the built in ability to do mass emails/email-drops as well as some built-in automatic workflow functions. Commission importing is also very easy and time saving. I like the continuous product improvements - most recently the addition of Outlook integration. We have also very much enjoyed the strong customer/product support from AgencyBloc.

Cons

We had used a different software for more than a decade and I may be biased because of that. There is a feature, related to how AgencyBloc has products set up, that I am not keen on. However, it is not a major issue for our work and use of the system.

Angela D.

Excellent CRM!

Reviewed on 2019/03/12

It has been great working with them and they keep improving the software's functionality.

Pros

This software is so easy to use and to learn whether you are familiar with using database software or not it is very intuitive. The customer support is excellent, including tutorials and live help. Also, love the agent tracking. It makes my contracting work so much easier.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I really dislike.

Joshua D.

This is perfect for Life and Health agents

Reviewed on 2018/06/10

Pros

I love how this is setup specifically for Life and Health agents. There are so many customization that can be made, but it already is setup and can be used exactly how it is. There is an endless amount of customized reports that can be ran. This is setup so that if you are a single person or if you are an agency or even if you oversee multiple agencies this is built for it. It is affordable for a month for 1 person to use....Way cheaper than anything else i looked at.

Cons

I use Facebook for marketing/lead generation. Agencybloc is not directly integrated with Facebook. I just currently emailed Agencybloc to get info on how to set this up.

Danette B.

This is a well though out program and their custome service is excellent!

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

A single location to store our cleint informations as well as commission data. In addition the ability to customize is excellent.

Pros

Customer service. We appreciate that the updates are well tested and thought out before they are released.

Cons

Some of basic reports could be more robust in terms of the ability to select any field in the database while choosing a report.

Mark S.

Great CRM. Wouldn't change if they charged me more

Reviewed on 2018/01/15

Pros

Being able to connect a client with a spouse, a referral partner or a group account is critical for us. The software makes it easy to do all of these.

Cons

Not the easiest to learn when you don't follow the training courses. A lot of capabilities but it takes a bit to make it work best for your situation

Kayla F.

Fabulous software, we are loving it and feeling so much more organized!

Reviewed on 2017/06/02

Pros

Fabulous software, we are loving it and feeling so much more organized! Before this, we were using multiple documents on an intranet and this just pulled everything together for us. Super easy to use!

Cons

The customization for fields is my favorite part, because even though the framework there is fabulous, every broker has different things that you need to track for clients. It's super quick to edit and organize.

Christina F.

This is a must have product to manage large groups of clients.

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

The benefits of using this product out weigh its downfalls in its ability to search for particular clients/files.

Pros

I love that I can customize the template for my clients needs. It is very user friendly when you need to add or subtract information. And works decently with other programs that are required at my office.

Cons

I do not like how some of the search options function. Occasionally you can put in the correct client information and no file will pull up. The files there you just have to go to another piece of information, for example a telephone number instead of a last name.

Angela D.

Love this software!

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Better tracking, improved customer service ability and more efficient time management.

Pros

This has made our tracking of clients and customer service so much better. And it is easy to train my staff and agents to use as well no matter their level of knowledge with previous CRMs.

Cons

Sometimes the report tools are a bit restrictive, but they have improved greatly over the last couple of years.

Sophia G.

Complete CRM and marketing platform for life and health agencies

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/02/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This CRM can be customized to almost any business model. Dashboard gives a great overview of current view. Offers marketing tools and automated contact with clients. Easy to upload your database into this CRM. Customer service is great at helping through this process. Offers commission reconciliation, lead management, automated workflow. Completely cloud based so it can be accessed from anywhere. Demo is available without having to purchase.

Cons

Could use more customizing when it comes to health policies that are enrolled ON Exchange. Certain information that is needed to manage ON Exchange policies can not be linked. Otherwise a great platform.

Nathan A.

Super user Friendly! Great platform to keep business organized.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

We received better client organization, tracking, in office communication and processing which has increased productivity greatly.

Pros

AgencyBloc's streamlined platform offers the ability to easily search for policies, clients, activity history, as well as track activity and progress among other agency staff.

Cons

Can't say there is anything I don't like. We moved to AgencyBloc from another platform about 8 months ago and the transition was painless.

Joe C.

It's rare to find a product that not only meets and exceeds your expectations like AgencyBloc does.

Reviewed on 2018/03/15

Pros

This software gives me the ability to keep track of clients and truly understand my business. The reports function allows me to run a custom report in literally seconds. In addition, the ability to create a follow-up activity for a client or prospect has provide me one software that keeps my team completely on top of follow-up! I have referred several colleagues to AgencyBloc.

Bill B.

We're a small 2 pers Medicare office, new to AB, getting going was pretty easy just in time for AEP.

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

Pros

What we like the most is it is insurance industry specific and that we are able to tailor it to our specific wants and needs.
The ability to download scans into specific clients files has simplified our startup with AB. Instead of keying in all the old notes I scanned them into pdf's and downloaded those. The same goes with plan analysis and supporting documents.
With AB our client files are now always with us and the hard copies are elsewhere in a secure HIPPA compliant location.

Cons

I often find that what I think I don't like is overturned with some experience and the help desks input.
There is some clumsiness in downloading stored file to attach to emails etc but I'm still finding my way around.

Denise M.

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 2018/03/23

Pros

The software is very easy to train new employees. The new hires have a very small learning curve. New hires are and running day one. Adding clients is very easy and quick. Stability of software has been the best part of using AgencyBloc.

Cons

The sort features are somewhat limited. Would like to see ability to search for clients and agents expanded.

Liz E.

Best data storage product out there!

Reviewed on 2014/07/10

I came to work part time for a delightful local insurance agency last year and was given a sufficient amount of instruction on how to navigate through AgencyBloc. Open enrollment came upon us and we were so busy. I found entering and accessing information into AB was incredibly simple. Correcting, updating, or adjusting information ( even creating a custom field) was also simple. I have used several data systems in my career (which has not always been in insurance) and have found AB to be one of the most user friendly systems for data storage and information/report retrieval. My congrats to the developers for creating a comprehensive data base for information storage and retrieval that is so easy to use. Most others I have used are layered with too much information and duplication.

I have nothing but good things to report about AB customer service. When we call, the AB staff have consistently answered in a pleasant and helpful manner and have provided usable and understandable answers/instructions. In my experience, thus far, I have not had to leave a message and wait for a call back. All this is a rarity, but certainly appreciated, in the current business climate.

Amy K.

Agency Bloc

Reviewed on 2011/04/11

The price-point is inline with what I wanted to spend and I have the opportunity for this system to grow with me and my agency as my needs change. I am very satisfied with the system and have experienced excellent service support when I needed it.

Pros

AgencyBloc has a nice "dashboard" with various tabs that you move through to complete different tasks. I found it to be a more intuitive interface. Its also web-based so you can use it anywhere. Another facet I found important was not having to worry about downloading updates or new software onto my computer.

Cons

I would like to be able to see individuals within a group and their enrollment for the various policies offered by the employer.

I also think it would be an enhancement to have the capability to build an individual contact at the same level of the employer. When there is a family enrolled I would like to have the ability to have spouse and children fall under the primary applicant instead of creating an individual contact for each member enrolled on the policy.