FieldEdge

The #1 Field Service Software for Home Service Contractors

Haley D.

Great software for a smaller company & cost effective

Reviewed on 2020/03/11

Overall, it is a good system for the price. It gets the job done, syncs with quickbooks online, and is rather user friendly.

Pros

I like the amount of options the overall program offers; such as tracking call sources, maintenance agreement tracking, installation/equipment tracking, general layout of the software itself.

Cons

Some cons for me would be the lack of in depth or interactive reporting; I would like to see them roll out the option to pull custom report vs the built in ones. We have encountered multiple issues with "downtime" when the FieldEdge system gets interrupted & the office and technicians cannot login, this causes many issues and is very inconvenient. They do actively try to get it resolved, but when you're in our industry any downtime can cause major disruptions. I would like to see more options for the communication templates as well - such as being able to send appointment booking confirmation & reminders (as well as more interactive edits with the emails i.e. being able to decide when to send the appointment reminder rather than it just being a day before reminder.)

Response from FieldEdge

Hi Haley - A member of the Customer Success team will be in touch regarding your requests. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on FieldEdge!

Todd H.

Good and easy to use

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

Great. Again only thing I disliked was crashing during mobile.

Pros

Easy to use. Efficient and foreman’s seemed to like a lot. Only reason I changed software is due to company growth

Cons

Freezes up a lot of crashes in middle of using without WiFi connections. Seems better for smaller companies

Amanda lynn S.

A great tool for dispatching, invoicing and sharing!

Reviewed on 2016/01/12

Pros

I love the ease of use for techs in the field as well as in the office. It gives us the ability to share where we are across departments and to see how backed up we are. The vendor Desco has been fabulous! I am in service and I deal with people all day and these guys really know their business! Patient, knowledgeable, and if they don't know the answer they get it for me in a timely manner.

Cons

I think there is room for improvement on the reporting. I would like to be able to print out a simple report that shows how many tickets a tech completes in a day / week / month. Very basic. I also think that even tho we use quickbooks for our accounting, I thinks that there could be some improvement on the reports. Also, I don't like how things can be taken out of quickbooks so easily by people by mistake. The last thing that bothers me is how once a ticket is moved to a tech on the calendar, how the ticket gets all junked up if someone accidentally touches it in the office, it should refresh for the tech so their list doesn't get all locked up every time that happens. Oh and one more thing, when you attach files to customers people can accidentally corrupt the file by opening it and not closing it properly causing the file to be lost. I would like for a way to keep this from happening.

Nova F.

Not Worth the Money-Spend Extra for Something BETTER

Reviewed on 2014/05/15

I'm not entirely sure who recommended this software to our company President, but I feel they were either paid to promote it or they had not actually used the software themselves. I honestly do not have much good to say about this product. The pros to it are not enough to keep this around, but this decision is not up to me. If it were, I would not have bought this in the first place.

PROS:
*Dispatch/Scheduling option
*Tech Support is very responsive

The dispatching and scheduling option is pretty handy. While trying to set up the loo of the dispatch board is not readily obvious, once you figure it out (not help to the "manual"), it's not too bad. There is room for improvement on that side of things, but as it stands, it's good enough to be a pro.

Tech support is very responsive, however, to get quality response, I'd definitely call them on the phone rather than contacting them through the internet.

CONS:
*Not user intuitive
*No real user manual; Manual they provide is vague
*Webinars are minorly helpful
*Bugs in the software that hinder simple tasks
*Help Topics are below average-topics do not accurately address issues
*Does not keep accurate records of invoice history, dispatch history

If you are not comfortable around computers and various software, I strongly urge you to go somewhere else. If you are used to picking apart deficiencies in computer software or are comfortable enough to figure out how to work software on your own without a manual, knock yourself out. While ESC will make your job more interesting (and by interesting, I mean figuring out a puzzle that does not make much sense. Oh and colorful word creation as you bang your head against the desk when simple things aren't working), I wouldn't call it a time-saving product.

Seriously, if this is bought up because of its low price, rest assured you will spend a great deal more in administrative hours as you figure ways around the bugs in the software.

Don't be a cheap bum-spend the extra coin for something that went through all the processes of software development: analysis, design, development and testing.

Response from dESCO

Thank you for your feedback. With a 97% satisfaction rate among 46,000 users, it's upsetting to hear about an unhappy customer.
We aim to produce both user-friendly & comprehensive products addressing the needs of service companies. Are there things we can do to improve the experience? Absolutely! We continue to work closely with our customers, prospects & industry groups to identify areas to improve-resulting in regular major & minor software updates.
After reviewing your account, I see you're not currently on an ESC support plan for free software updates & unlimited access to our support team. You may not be using the most current version & not taking advantage of the latest enhancements, corrections & features.
We do take pride in providing cost-effective solutions with the best possible support-including an embedded user guide, online self-help, exert support staff, events, training options & more. Our goal remains to help users maximize software investments & business efficiency.

Jaime W.

Adrian exceeded my expectations with his customer service and willingness to help me with my...

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

Pros

The customer service that ESC tech support showed me way exceeded my expectations. Adrian specifically, was such a great help. He came in after hours and even gave me his personal cell number in case I had questions while I updated each workstation individually. I am not a computer savvy person and he made it easy to understand and even fun while we were getting everything updated. I work for a heat and air company in Oklahoma and I would recommend Adrien or any of the staff at ESC to any company. Keep up the great work!!!!!!

Cons

The only con to the program was in the old version that we had as far as running reports. This is why we did the updates.

Jo U.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Updates Galore!

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

Everything has a learning curve. Once I moved past my perceived frustration and opened myself to the possibilities with the tools available, I have found this product is exactly what we were looking for.

Pros

FieldEdge is helping us compete in the digital age. The tools offered in this software make it easier than ever to send reminders, keep track of our customers, and offer professional invoicing. The original on boarding process was easy but overwhelming for me. Once I reached out to my Customer Success Manager with my concerns or frustrations we were lined up with training's and phone conferences and email follow ups to make sure we are getting all FieldEdge has to offer. I am excited to work with a company and CSM that is so focused on customer satisfaction and helping me grow my business.

Cons

It seems to me that FieldEdge is becoming hyper-focused on their customer's needs. Things that frustrated me a month ago have either been addressed in updates or in trainings. As with most things, communication is everything. Once I started reaching out to my CSM and getting a better grasp of how the software really works I have found tons of tools and applications that will help grow my business. This is truly an "ask and you shall receive" type of customer service.

Anthony C.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Awesome!

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

Fieldedge has had a positive impact on our business overall. Revenue has improved. Customer satisfaction is through the roof. Parts processing has become streamline. And we're just getting started. Fieldedge positions us to sell protection agreements easily because it starts the conversation. And as the technicians become more and more comfortable the ease of processing is proving to effect all aspects of the business. But I think my favorite part is when the customers comment on the automated heads up that the tech is on the way. We use a phone call alerting to a text message which leads the customer to go to an email that has a full bio of each Tech. As the customers rave about the automation I keep smiling. THANKS Fieldedge!

Pros

Customer reaction to the automated features. The Quick books link makes processing invoices and parts management Automated. Selling protection agreements is becoming streamlined as well. And the dESCO team, FieldEdge team has proven to be amazing in the ongoing process of improving our process which has improved the business Overall.

Cons

When Microsoft had a flooded building it took us down. I was frustrated but watching the FieldEdge team create a proactive solution to allow access to our customers if it ever happens again causes me to hesitate to even talk about it. I have no complaints.

Connie B.

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

Dispatching and tracking calls has been much more efficient. It has allowed us to follow up and collect more easily both in the field and from the office.

Pros

The ability to access it from anywhere. The ease with which I can communicate with support personell. It integrates well with Quickbooks.

Cons

I wish the reports were a little more comprehensive and user friendly.

Response from FieldEdge

We really appreciate your review, Connie! Thanks for sharing what you enjoy about FieldEdge and how it has helped your business!

Meredith W.
  • Industry: Utilities

d'ESCO provides superior support!

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

There are many facets to the d'ESCO program. Whenever I need help, I can count on the d'ESCO support staff to get me the answers I need. They provide immediate attention through their 'Live Chat' option. The support staff are extremely knowledgeable and consistently provide excellent customer care. I recommend both the d'ESCO program and their support staff!

Pros

The customer support.

Cons

That the support hours are east coast based and I am on the west coast, so they are not available at the end of my work day.

Jason T.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Outstanding...

Reviewed on 2020/08/27

FieldEdge has been a great program for us. the program is easy to use and our Rep. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is so quick on responding to our needs. we researched 2-3 top software companies specific to our industry (HVAC & PLUMBING) and after our research, it was an outstanding pick and we didn't go wrong.

Pros

scheduling, agreements, reminders, ability to sign people to different roles

Cons

implementation, but that goes with any new software

Reid A.

Has all the features to help you grow and outstanding customer support

Reviewed on 2016/05/05

We began using ESC primarily to help with scheduling and managing HVAC service agreements. The software was VERY simple to learn in that regard, but offered much more than we expected.

Having used the software for a few years now, it has helped to revolutionize everything from our dispatching style and the way we communicate with customers, to the way we bill out repairs and manage our contract work. The level of professionalism and service we are able to provide our customers has increased in a huge way, and the data we get from the software helps us to continue our growth while keeping a close eye on our team.

While improving our processes has been huge for us in terms of growth, an important part of this investment was the customer service, and the ability to begin using this software QUICKLY. We soon found that not only is the software simple to use and learn, but the support staff is VERY responsive and has consistently helped me navigate a number of questions and improvements within minutes of me asking.

Overall, we were able to achieve the goals we purchased the software for, and then elevate our company with the additional features that ESC provides. Their support staff helped us to get fully functional with the software very quickly, and I'm continuing to utilize new features as recently as this morning. We can't recommend this software enough!

Response from dESCO

Thank you for the review Reid! We always love hearing from our customers and how we're helping to improve their businesses. Our team prides themselves on providing fast, thorough, service to get companies up and running quickly. Thanks again!

Matt W.

A Decent Program That is Getting Better

Reviewed on 2017/12/11

Pros

Moving away for Google Calendar for scheduling to FieldEdge has definitely helped with keeping track of our technicians and the visibility in the office. We have been able to respond to issues quicker and able to respond to customers faster. They do seem to be making rapid updates to the system.

Cons

It is a little slow going from screen to screen. Also, the work flow (or lack of) provides for confusion and unnecessary clicks. Customer support is good and responsive but a written guide with best practices for how to use the system is sorely needed. This program is good for the service side of business but leaves a lot to be desired on the new construction side.

Sue B.

I haven't worked with the ESC program since 2005. I am learning something new everyday!

Reviewed on 2015/05/21

I attended a conference in Las Vegas in 2005, there was so much to learn in such a short time.
But I decided not to work for my husband and went on to another job position.

Due to an unfortunate death of an employee, my husband and I have teamed up again and had to learn how to use the ESC software. We spent long days and weekends learning the most important aspects of the program. For the last few months I would see the notice about the Mobile Upgrade Tab every time I logged into ESC. I was hesitant to do this Upgrade so we both started the process together then my husband had to go out to a job :(
So I was left to finish this myself and get it done for the company. When I finished with the Server I continued to upgrade our other workstations. I asked our dispatcher to post an invoice to see if everything was working and linked to our Sage 50 program and it wasn't working... this is when I went into panic mode. But I knew that help was only a call away.
It wasn't too long when Josh called us back. I explained my issue, he knew exactly what I needed to do to resolve the problem.
I also had another issue on my husbands computer with Sage 50.
Because these two programs communicate with each other and are so essential for our business he offered to take a look at the problem. My level of anxiety dropped once Josh logged into our system and started to do his thing. Josh found the root of the problem that the Sage 50 techs could not find for me earlier that day. I was so happy to have such an experience technician available for our company!!

Jennifer L.

Lots and lots of features, flexible for many industries.

Reviewed on 2016/05/20

Pros

Comprehensive & quick tech support via chat or email, extensive knowledge base for questions. The software allows for extensive customization. I really like the ability to track the labor hours on each job, allowing for better job costing than some other software packages. There are so many features, we haven't even begun to take advantage of all of them!

Cons

If one user is invoicing a service dispatch and another user opens the same dispatch, the user doing the invoicing will lose all changes they have made, which can be quite frustrating. There is no warning to either user until it is already too late.

L. C.

ESC Supports the needs of small business

Reviewed on 2016/05/12

We have been testing ESC for a long time and have now "gone live". The support team is always upbeat & enthusiastic and very knowledgeable. They have live chat, an organized system for requesting a call back (always same day) and a very good video learning library that is growing. For small business the price point is reasonable and the set up is straightforward. I would advise any small business owner to prepare internally before jumping right in to any new software program: get a reliable IT consultant for the short term, plan your capital expenditures from the beginning, know your business' work flow so you can implement a structure that makes sense right from the start, make a small scale test company that you can run along side your current system, and consider a few days of on site training. While that might seem like a lot to do, it is really the foundation you need for ANY kind of technology upgrade you might be considering. Planning pays off.
It is not easy to find both reliable service industry software and support for small business. This company has both to offer.

Response from dESCO

Thank you not only for your kind words about us but the valuable advice for other businesses adopting new technologies and solutions. Making major enhancements or changes to your company is a challenge that deserves planning and foresight. We are thrilled that you were able to feel the support of our entire company standing behind you. dESCO is always cheering you on and thrilled by your success. As always, we are at your service!

Ellie J.

Field Edge

Reviewed on 2019/04/05

Lack of onboarding training. Not a lot of help from office. Most of the training and learning of the system has been done by me on my own.

Pros

Ability to use from anywhere and dispatch from anywhere.

Cons

not able to easily move old history to the software.

Response from FieldEdge

Ellie, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We are glad to hear that you enjoy the ease-of-access - one of the great benefits of operating in the cloud. For any support or additional training needs, please reach out to our support team or your CSM as we are always happy to help in any way that we can!

Jeff B.

HVAC company using Fieldedge

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

The best part of Fieldedge is the customer support. Everyone is always helpful and friendly!

Pros

I really like the scheduling features, and how it works seamlessly with Quickbooks online. We have used other systems that did not work like this.

Cons

I wish it had a feature that would send a notification to the customer when the Tech was headed their way.

Chris G.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Great Move for us

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Great customer support, they are always enhancing the software, very reliable.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and integrates with Quickbooks very well.

Cons

Transitioning to new software is always a challenge. I am not a fan of the mobile application.

Response from FieldEdge

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback and for being a valued FieldEdge customer, Chris!

Joanne C.

DESCO (ESC) Software is the best!

Reviewed on 2017/04/20

Any time I have an issue big or small dESCO tech's solve my issue. As a non-trained computer user I can't thank them enough.

Pros

Ease of use, Technical Support

Cons

none

Response from FieldEdge

Aw, thanks Joanne! You rock! We help with everything! WOOT!

Marc L.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2015/10/09

Pros

ESC is the perfect blend of easy to use for new employees and customizable enough for our more experienced users. After watching the "How to Webinars" our new hires are able to hit the ground running. We also have a bunch of customers that want their dispatches / invoices done in really specific ways and ESC allows us to customize everything for them.

Cons

ESC is only compatible with limited accounting software packages. We love ESC but want to switch our accounting software but are unable to.

Joseph P.
  • Industry: Utilities

FieldEdge System

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

It has been a great experience thus far and we've seen the wisdom and potential with growing our business with the FieldEdge System.

Pros

1. FieldEdge is a very intuitive tool that has streamlined Pohlman Plumbing & Home Services daily operational processes.
2. The dispatching drag & drop, creation of works orders, assigning multiple techs for multiple days is super easy.
3. Ability to generate detailed reporting for more granular Business Intelligence.

Cons

1. Google Map for the dispatching could be bigger.
2. Viewing multiple unassigned work order on the map at the same time.
-When a technician arrives at a work order early, it does not move it on the dispatch board. Suggestion; it should move to show the office that they now have more time available on the board.

Monica S.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

From ESC to Fieldedge

Reviewed on 2018/12/17

We are trying to be faster and more efficient with our billing and payments received. We can see instantly that the tech has done their job and can show the customer pictures right away.

Pros

The ease and user friendly it is. How the staff is constantly working on making new changes to it. The customer service I get from them if I have any questions.

Cons

Working on online, if my internet goes out then we go out!

Emily M.

Not too bad

Reviewed on 2018/06/13

Pros

It's pretty simple to use. It's nice having everything you need wrapped up in one software. It's also nice if someone is out sick they can still log in from home since it's web based.

Cons

Sometimes it can run a little slow, which can be frustrating at times. Also some updates seem to hurt more than help. Especially when it removes things.

Weslee S.

Very easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/04/26

Customer service is responsive and always ready to help

Pros

It puts all of our office functions into one platform. Dispatching, billing, taking payments in the office and in the field, quotes. It does it all

Cons

Set up took a while to perfect. Between menu pricing and the existing customer list, getting it all into the system correctly took time.

Ricky L.

Fieldedge review

Reviewed on 2019/03/05

Happy we made the switch, happy they seem to want to listen to recommendations.

Pros

Maintenance management is very helpful as well as managing equipment.

Cons

A few things but they are working to grow in those areas.

Response from FieldEdge

Ricky, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and are so glad to hear that you are happy with your experience with FieldEdge!