CloudNine

Cloud-based Simplified eDiscovery Automation

Michael P.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Easy to learn, easy to use, great experience so far.

Reviewed on 2017/09/13

Ease of use in managing complex discovery issues.

Pros

Love the UI and the ease of learning the software. It's very intuitive compared with other discovery management software and the attorneys pick it up in no time. It is also very speedy in pulling up docs and moving from one document to the next. No problems experienced in our first discovery project using this software. We were able to customize it to meet our needs nicely. Also love the fact that it's easy for each user to customize their own interface so the most important document coding elements are always at the top of the screen. No need to scroll through long windows of coding selections to find what you are looking for. This software is an outstanding alternative to other discovery management databases on the market, and comes at a great value.

Cons

Searches take a bit of work to catch on to, and I didn't really care for the fact that while global tag/field creation is so easy, it's much more difficult to alter or delete a field/tag once it has been created, and this requires admin rights. This was likely done intentionally to prevent users from accidentally deleting things, but I feel like it would be more useful to enable a user on location with some limited admin rights who has the ability to make these sort of alterations rather than the need to escalate a help ticket.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Thank you for the review, Michael. Great comments and feedback. We will continue to work on providing you and all users the best eDiscovery experience possible.

Neil M.

CloudNine is intuitive, highly functional, yet maintains a very user friendly interface.

Reviewed on 2017/09/01

I am able to consult on a higher level with this software in our tool bag.

Pros

My favorite feature is the ability to utilize extracted metadata fields alongside custom fields to run complex searches.

Cons

Clients are often confused when editing searches from a saved search, and often change the criteria of the saved search as the "saved search window" auto populates and overwrites. I would prefer to be able to lock a search. However, it's typically remedied after several reminders and training sessions.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Thanks for the strong review Neil. We are grateful you took the time to share and will work to address the recommendations you made and accentuate the strengths you highlighted.

Ann-patton H.
  • Industry: Law Practice

CloudNine is a dream to what would have been a nightmare!

Reviewed on 2017/03/17

I have used CloudNine for three years. The customer service if phenomenal. The platform and search features are intuitive and easy to use. I love how using this product allows me to be more efficient with my time. The ease of collaborating aspects of my discovery project with associates and paralegals is a plus. I've never experienced a "crash" or a technical issues. It's been smooth sailing every time.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Thank you very much for the kind review and we are excited that your experience with CloudNine has been positive. We will continue to work hard to ensure your eDiscovery efforts are enhanced with CloudNine.

Chaz B.

Google docs for coding

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

Great collaborative functionality
Has a lot of settings to code in a preferred style
All data is hosted on their servers

Cons

Can be glitchy with too many users at once
Has revision history but won't allow recovery if you delete something permanently

Lori W.

Great Customer Service and Support is always a PLUS!

Reviewed on 2017/03/17

CloudNine provides the right level of service for what we need and we were able to test the software and services out before making a decision on what particular services we wanted to sign up for. Customer Support team is fast, friendly, and responsive, and if they could not answer our questions immediately, they found out who could provide our team with the best recommendations. We have only been using CloudNine for a couple of months, but have been satisfied with our decision to choose CloudNine over their competitors.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Appreciate the review Lori. We will work hard to continue the great service/support and we truly value your consideration of CloudNine.

Chris A.

Ondemand is great!

Reviewed on 2016/01/28

CloudNine not only provides flexible searching capabilities within their software, it also reliably retrieves result sets in seconds, even for large collections. Also, their processing and culling services have benefited our clients greatly on several projects; for example, they are currently helping us cull down a large data set of over 500 GB, saving our clients thousands of dollars in eDiscovery costs! We currently have 4 large databases hosted in Ondemand and will continue to use it for future cases.

David S.

Cloudnine Review

Reviewed on 2017/03/17

I have been a channel partner with Cloudnine for a number of years. The product sells itself with its features, functionality and ease of use. The partnership and friendship with the people of Cloudnine is the icing on the cake. They are great business partners.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Excellent David. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We truly appreciate it and are grateful for our partnership.

Katherine G.

Great E-Discovery Company!

Reviewed on 2015/12/17

We have worked with CloudNine Discovery on several cases, and have been quite happy with the service that we have received. Their support staff is responsive, friendly and helpful in assisting me with providing the technical information that my clients need. Their review platform, CloudNine, is robust, easy to use and ideal for a firm like ours where we don't have to buy and support the software.

Hugh C.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2017/03/17

CloudNine is extremely easy to use and the customer service has been great. You can easily design the database coding fields to fit your workflow and specific needs.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Hugh, we are grateful for the kind comments and look forward to supporting you and your eDiscovery efforts today and in the future.

Darlene C.

User-friendly software

Reviewed on 2016/01/27

This software is very user-friendly. Any questions I had or problems I encountered were immediately resolved by the excellent customer service provided. I would highly recommend this product.

Margaret M.

Great database for both small and voluminous litigation matters.

Reviewed on 2015/12/17

User friendly software and great customer service!

Joyce C.

Great customer service!

Reviewed on 2017/03/17

I am very pleased with the customer service at CloudNine. The platform is easy to use and helpful with our document review projects.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Fantastic feedback Joyce. Your comments are incredibly important to us and we appreciate your sharing your expert opinion on CloudNine.

Aaron C.

Customer service is good. Do not like how we had to have support always do stuff for us.

Reviewed on 2017/08/24

Pros

Tagging and OCR was good. Support was awesome. The searching and indexing features were helpful and the user interface took time to get used to but had no problems.

Cons

As I said, it was not cost effective for us to keep having to go back for anything extra we needed.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Thanks for the feedback and the great follow-up call with Brian Kelley. We appreciate your affirmation of the platform and were heartened to hear it met and exceeded your requirements.

Mayra C.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Other for 1+ year

I am not very keen on technology so I found some features not as easy to navigate.

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Pros

Search features are very useful. The creation of folders to file different search categories is very good too.

Cons

I don't like that a search shows me chain emails. I would be ok to get all emails if the chain changed, but for those that just have identical content, i would live to get the last email in the chain to reduce the search timing.

Suzanne M.

Amazing People, Great Software

Reviewed on 2016/01/19

I contacted CloudNine with a last-minute request for help with the hands-on portion of an e-discovery class I taught at the law school with Donna Chesteen. The staff at CloudNine were amazing. They set up a custom data set for the students to search against, and spent time teaching Donna and me the basics of their system, and had us up and running in less than a day. The students were able to quickly learn the search tools and produce meaningful results for purposes of the class with minimal effort. We also demoed other cloud-based software for the class, but the students clearly preferred the CloudNine system. Cloud Nine is straightforward enough to figure out on your own, but powerful enough to handle the most complicated searches. Having seen it in action in the classroom, I am making the switch to CloudNine in my private practice.

Ernest C.
  • Industry: Law Practice

CloudNine is an easy to use review platform which allow us to process and review data right...

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Ease of use, cost savings, data load fast, and document retrieval is quick and easy.

Pros

The speed and ease of loading data and being able to review it immediately is a tremendous advantage over other Cloud based platforms.

Cons

Would like control over moving files from one folder to another. Would like additional functionality related to tagging and foldering files.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Thanks very much Ernest. We appreciate your review and feedback and look forward to continuing to support your efforts.

Lindsey H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Generally really positive.

Reviewed on 2017/08/24

Pros

The software is very user friendly. The searching and tagging features are great; they make going through large amounts of data much easier.

Cons

The biggest thing that would make a difference for me is the ability to print group tagged items all at once. The search features are wonderful, but the efficiency of using the software is somewhat diminished by having to open each document individually to print it.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Thank you for the feedback, Lindsey. We truly appreciate it. We also appreciate your recommendations and will work to address them as we seek to make the product even more efficient for eDiscovery experts such as yourself.

Athena P.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Excellent experience with minimal need for training. The software is outstanding.

Reviewed on 2017/09/12

The ability to get a platform set up expeditiously. Ease of use without complex programming.

Pros

Everything about this software is outstanding. From the ease of use to overall functionality, this product is now my number 1 choice. The project manager from Complete Legal also represents this produce extremely well, which was key to my selection.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Athena, Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on CloudNine. We appreciate it and look forward to working for and with you in your eDiscovery efforts.

Phil S.

CloudNine Rocks!

Reviewed on 2017/03/17

I've worked with CloudNine, specifically for many years and I can't say enough about them. Response time, knowledge, attentiveness, etc. are all top notch. CloudNine should take home the hardware.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Phil, thanks for the great affirmation. We are appreciative of the comments and grateful to be able to support you and your team.

Mukul K.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

CloudNine review

Reviewed on 2017/08/18

A quick way to search for documents.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the UI is great. The search capabilities are pretty easy to use, too.

Cons

Converting documents into TIFF files and export is still a little slow.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Mukul, thanks for the kind comments and we agree with you on Mr. Kelley's great support. Thank you for taking the time to share your considerations, we truly appreciate them.

Jessica G.

Very Pleased with CloudNine's Services

Reviewed on 2017/03/20

Our law firm has found CloudNine to be very user-friendly and has helped us to organize and prepare for a number of cases.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

We thank you for sharing your experience, Jessica.

Robert G.

Experience

Reviewed on 2017/06/13

I had positive experience with the company . What ever my need they were able to help

Pros

Flexable, client service and their knowledge and experience in the space. They where able handle all request.

Brian G.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Much simplier to use than other review software. Automatic load/processing great add-on...

Reviewed on 2017/08/15

Being a channel partner to generate a good margin on hosting revenue in reselling the software to our law firm customers!

Pros

New functionality for users to load own data. Quick culling/filtering options to reduce data for review. Easy to use boolean full text and metadata searching. Bulk tagging options reduce review time. Reports to export select data. Unlimited users with no extra charges. Reduced near-ready review storage fees. CloudNine Discovery provides great and responsive 24/7 customer support and always friendly and flexible. Have also recently enhanced Channel Partner program to help support reselling software for vendors more. Clint Lehew has always been great to work with and support us as a reseller partner.

Cons

Not able to change or customize folder structure after loading. Does not have advanced TAR-Predictive Coding option.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on CloudNine. We truly appreciate it.

Brian C.

Long-Time User

Reviewed on 2016/01/04

In the spirit of full disclosure, I was once employed by this company, but have been in-house for several years since and have no current ties with the company or its ownership. I have used the software, and their other services, for many years, through several versions, since. I have also used many other tools over the years, and each have their pros and cons. When I need something that can easily be shared with outside counsel, reviewed by multiple people simultaneously, and provide a fast reliable output, with fairly robust searching, this is my go-to product. The key for me is that the web-based platform makes collaboration across different companies/firms simple and efficient without the requirement for large downloads or additional purchases. The platform is intuitive and I would recommend it for any projects where collaboration is necessary (it is also pretty good for a traditional review but that is not where I use this platform).

Angel R.

Excellent eDiscovery tool

Reviewed on 2017/08/10

Pros

Easy graphical user interface, reduced learning curve. Must have for small firms. Fast implementation. Low cost (firm/and client).

Cons

Cannot think of any cons. Some suggestions, incorporate a charge back system for clients based of resources allocated by case.

Response from CloudNine Discovery

Thank you for your review, Angel. We appreciate the consideration, comments, and recommendations.