InsightEMR Reviews

InsightEMR

EMR and practice management solution

4.4/5 (111 reviews)
Lauren V.

Clinicient InsightEMR Review

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

Other than the reasons mentioned above on the admin end I like Clinicient. The system helps me get snapshots quickly for each office and allows me to dig in with the management team of said office. I would really to see where we are with insightGO for admin - I hopped on a call twice giving opinions on items we could adjust.

Pros

I love how many reports there are to assist both admin and clinical. There are plenty of reports you can use as a dashboard to view how your company did in the previous month, but even creating reports that show you a quicker snapshot. The scheduling/functionality is very easy - nice to train new staff on it.
Once you are trained in Clinicient and find all the little tricks it's a nice system, but a lot of the times we find these tips from months and/or years of experience.

Cons

All the little bugs/glitches - which I know nothing is perfect.
Claims with issues: if it can show which office the patient received treatment from would be a great help.
Able to open 2 windows at the same time - difficult to complete certain tasks. I usually will try to open Insight Billing just to have two windows.
Placing notes on the schedule - two or more can't be the same time.
Customer Service - is there a way to speak with someone quicker? Especially about the little things?

7.0/10
Pam R.

I recommend this and do for anyone looking to begin using an EMR/Billing program.

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

1. Tracking all required data from the front office position has been resolved. As long as the front office has placed the correct information in the system, it will track giving alerts/precautions as needed. The system offers so many things to help the job in the front office. We greatly depend on the front office to make sure therapist and billing know what is going on with patients. This system has allowed this to become so easy.
2. Documentation for the therapist has been made so easy and time saving. It has taken this burden off the therapist so they can focus on patient care.
3. The billing personnel have everything at their fingertips. From viewing of all the patient information, paperwork and charges to ease of review, posting and billing claims. Follow up on claims has been made so easy using Worklist/Claim Issues to find the claims that could have been missed by payers.

Pros

This program absolutely provides what needed to run a business efficiently. The system follows everything that is required to be tracked from the front office position through therapist and billing. Clinicient stays on top of current happenings in the therapy world as well as political aspect making sure their clients are educated to move forward in the business.

Cons

Do not really have any cons about this program.

Theresa B.

It's a lifesaver

Reviewed on 2019/05/29

Right now, tracking faxes is HUGE! With audits on the increase, we have documented proof of fax with date and time. It's also a big time saver.

Training a new therapist on the charting side, we usually have them up and going within hours.

Pros

With 15 therapists in our clinic, InsightEMR is a lifesaver. As Practice Manager, keeping track of the schedule, clinical notes and billing (yep, Insight Billing too) works relatively seamlessly. When we do have a software issue, Clinicient Customer Service is right there to help.

The Empower Portal is a great way to make contact with other Clinicient users, access training, and support.

Cons

I wish that when we check patients in, the therapist would get a notification or pop up on their computer. Formatting on plan of care notes... my peeve is leaving only a therapists signature on a page or a blank page. We can adjust the formatting of the note so it looks good, but the formatting doesn't stay. If we have to resend the fax, we have to reformat.

Dorothy B.

Thumbs up to Clinicient

Reviewed on 2016/07/29

Overall I think this is a pretty good product. By having Clinicient do our billing instead of doing it in-house I have more time for other tasks. It's also very nice to have one integrated program. No more need of trying to get to separate programs manufactured by two separate companies to "talk" to each other.

Pros

Integrated billing and documentation. No longer needing two programs to do the job.

Cons

I am sometimes frustrated with support. I understand that things have to be taken in order of importance and am okay with that. But I don't always feel that I am able to communicate the problem well. It is like we are on different levels and I am not explaining the situation appropriately that I need / want corrected.

Response from Clinicient

Hi Dorothy,
Thanks so much for your submission! We really appreciate your kind words. I assure you that we are still working to perfect our support model but we are truly excited about the newly developed support site and community at https://go.empowerconnect.com.

Please be sure to explore all of the new resources available including the new support portal and we will continue to stay steadfast to bring you the best support possible.

Best,
Clinicient

Christine N.

Good product with the potential to be GREAT!

Reviewed on 2016/08/04

I really like the Clinicient product and believe it is headed in the right direction as a company. There have been some customer support concerns in the past, but I believe you are pouring resources into this area which will improve my ratings higher if successful.

Pros

I think the software is quite comprehensive. I like the interface with Zirmed and the ease of billing and posting. I LOVE the folks behind the product and believe that they are working extremely hard to make this the BEST product on the market.

Cons

Customer support & the accounting aspect of patient ledgers/billing complexity.

Response from Clinicient

Hi Christine,

Best,
Clinicient

Jenny R.

Two Thumbs Up

Reviewed on 2015/10/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I've worked with Clinicient for 3.5 years and I think it has to be one of the top programs I've used in all my years in the medical field.
With the transition to ICD-10, I can't imagine working with any other company. There was clear communication along the way and assistance if needed. I think that transition, in particular, solidified for me how competent and capable Clinicient is as a company.
There is always room for improvement and I think the great thing about Clinicient is that they are willing to have you submit any feature requests directly to them. I appreciate that they take them into consideration with each update.

Cons

I try to do a lot of troubleshooting on my own and I think the only thing that sometimes hangs me up in that process is the search feature under Help. I don't find it to be all that user friendly.

James G.

Happy Clinicient Customer

Reviewed on 2019/06/04

It has been very good. They are responsive and open to suggestion.

Pros

All software is complex and difficult to implement. That said, Clinicient training is excellent and ongoing. The support is excellent and timely. The templates start in a good place and are very customizable. The fail safes in the system help keep you compliant. They stay very on top of changes from Medicare and other payers. They are run by PT's who have been clinicians so they understand our issues.

Cons

We do a large amount of free text documentation. The word processing program is obsolete. It doesn't learn .

Justin C.

The Best EMR and Billing Service Combo

Reviewed on 2016/08/25

We are now 2 years in. Although it was a big transition from paper charts, it has been worth it. It has been a big part of our success with growth and profitability, and strategy. We know what is going on now a lot better with our business

Pros

Combined EMR, charting, schedule, billing, all in one place. Only have to enter data in one time.

Cons

At first we were not very savvy in how to optimize billing, and had some denials because we didn't fully understand our part of the process

Vyoma P.

Outstanding Software

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

My experience with InsightEMR has been great and fruitful. I like the content , outcome based documentation and ease of adding and deleting required points in the documentation. Faxing is just a click away. I love the weekly emails with good information to improve clinic performance and current business environment.

Pros

Content availibility, learning, outcome based documentation, ease of faxing and letter creations. Up to date information and user friendly for both new graduates as well experienced therapists.

Cons

Goals update and creating discharge notes from existing last daily note.

Clinicient is a good base program, but does have a lot of glitches

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

Pros

Clinicient is easy to use, very user friendly, from an administrative standpoint. There are tons of reports that allow you to access almost any form of data you want. Scheduling is easy and clear to see.

Cons

There are a lot of various glitches that pop up and there is usually not steady answer. The glitches range from admin side to clinical side and do effect productivity of users. Customer support is slow to respond and only about 50% of the time can give a solution. Most of the issues are a "wait and see"

David B.

Clinicians is an outstanding product!

Reviewed on 2015/10/24
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Clinicient continuously evolves as a PT software company providing EMR and integrated billing, A/R services. The EMR product is easily customizable to your clinicians skill level in regards to complexity of objective tests and measures as well as numerous other topics. Reports to referring physicians can be customized as well to allow ease of reading or extensive whichever you prefer. The account management solutions offers amazing A/R controls that can easily adapt to your administrative employee skill level and management style. Cash flow is high due to their oversight.

Cons

New hire training videos and practice database can be a little more integrated to allow learning and actual practice at the same time. It would also be nice if had IPad application and run on a MAC operating system.

Susan B.

Insight Fan

Reviewed on 2019/05/28

Pros

This system is my fourth software program to learn. The ease of this system and the functions that one can set up as is wonderful. We use a color coding system that helps the entire staff. The functions available in the client editor give a wealth of communication abilities.

Cons

This software has so many facets that I know there is more that we could be utilizing within it. Having time to review and learn more is a little difficult once you are up and running.

Julie W.

Clinicient integrates the entire practice management timeline.

Reviewed on 2015/10/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Responsiveness both from management and tech support as they continue to evolve and enhance the product. Compliance is made easy and reduces risk when navigating the rapid change in regulations and policy. I also like the integration of the whole patient encounter from the admin side to the therapy side to the collections side. There are not hidden costs...they are very up front with pricing.

Cons

They went through some growing pains when their client base exploded, but they have invested money and management strength to solve this issue. So far, their product continues to grow as one of the main players in rehabilitation EMR systems.

James G.

Great experience with Clinicient

Reviewed on 2017/02/15

Clinicient has been the right choice for my practice. I have a single office practice with a combination of full time and part time therapists. We do our billing internally. Clinicient is the 3rd EMR program that we have used. It is by far the best. From the onboarding to going live, the training was excellent. Once you understand how to modify the templates, you can customize them to meet your needs. The library of information is very large and easy to access. The support and compliance updates have been very good. I feel very comfortable recommending Clinicient to anyone who is considering a new EMR system.

Britt C.

Charting for PTs is good, billing is a pain.

Reviewed on 2018/01/16
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

The billing functions are a pain and when we call to get assistance, half of the people we speak with either have nothing to add over what we already knew or just say that's how it works and hopefully in the next year it will be improved. Data pushed to Zirmed or pulled from Zirmed frequently incorrect or missing things. Tasks are attached forever to the patient's chart. Errors cannot be corrected. Billing adjustments reflect everything on patient's bills, even when it was an error in Clinicient. FREQUENTLY charges pulled out and pushed to Zirmed are not in Zirmed - WAY too often to be "user error" as has been the ONLY explanation or help we received when we reached out to Customer Service on both Clinicient and Zirmed's departments. We literally have to go into Zirmed once a month and double check any and all DOS that haven't received payment and usually it is due to that error. Sadly, we were not aware this issue was a problem until MANY of our DOS's had been over the three month threshold and had to be written off. We lost a LOT of money in that process.

Pros

The Physical Therapists, for the most part, like the charting software. It is fairly basic and simple to use once you have all the templates figured out.

Cons

Billing/Tasks/templates/corrections/clearinghouse inputting and outputting/etc. Text reminders works on and off. Customer service doesn't know billing well and sometimes takes a long time to get back to us. Sometimes documents are scanned into patient's files to discover that they were magically missing from that patient's file and we find them later in a different patient's file, with no explanation. Templates have to be edited every so often because words will have been moved over and are no longer showing all of the sentence or the PT's signature is suddenly no longer printing on the letter.

3.0/10
Mike S.

Clinicient has proven to be unique as an industry-leader, innovator, and executive-level educator.

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Clinicient's customer support in regulatory matters and practice analysis are valuable. They fall very short in not having a patient payment portal in this day and age.

Pros

Customizeability, client support, innovation, responsiveness and the consistent effort to be an industry leader in matters of regulatory affairs.

Cons

PC only...which is changing as I type this. (New rollout soon for Mac and mobile. Clinicient is more than software, though...they provide a client executive and serve as a program analyst.

7.0/10
Sara O.

Clinicient: Developing relationships, building practices.

Reviewed on 2016/10/23

I have used Clinicient for four years and have seen all of the ups and downs of a growing business. What keeps me coming back for more is that they are fostering the relationships with clinic owners in order to constantly be bringing a better product and services that work for use today. They are not a passive or absent consumer but active partner. Great product resulted from great people.

Pros

Versatility for daily use. User friendly.

Cons

Can't currently use it on tablets.

Jerry M.

Clinicent EMR makes operating an outpatient PT practice easier !

Reviewed on 2015/08/13
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

The software is user friendly, with a manageable learning curve. It is fully customizable to meet the needs of patients and clinicians. Clinicient EMR allows Clinicent software allows for direct communication with physicians and other health care practitioners. It streamlines the process by combining documentation, billing, communication all in one software. The account specialists and knowledgeable, and always available to assist clinicians with any problems. Clinicient constantly strives to stay on top of documentation requirements for Medicare, continuously updating to maintain Medicare compliance.

Cons

Clinicient is not yet set up to store videos/pictures to better support need for PT/progress.

Mike S.

Why Your Practice Needs Clinicient

Reviewed on 2016/08/21

Why does your practice needs Clinicient? Because your practice needs two things that Clinicient can give you: 1) The most informed "you" that you can be and 2) The most efficient use of your valuable administrative time. Being an "on point", accurate, and steady leader depends on knowing the facts of the industry, your market, and your practice - only Clinicient's Empower Community, report features, and webinars can help you achieve these two things.

Pros

Value.

Cons

Clinicient has experienced some growth pains in different waves/cycles - yet rebounds stronger on each occasion.

Sue L.

Great Platform

Reviewed on 2017/04/21

Everything is so much better than the other platform we were using. Some of the support representatives are a little "green", but they are all helpful and will refer you to a specialist if needed. I love the ability to look at different reports to see how the business is doing.

Pros

Ease of use, precise documentation, ability to run reports and see all billing aspects.

Cons

I would like for a signature pad to be available and compatible with the program. With that we could truly be paperless. Also, while the upgrades are nice, there are always glitches with each release

Connie M.

Clinicient - A part of my success

Reviewed on 2015/10/26
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I have used Clinicient since it first came on the market. As I have grown, Clinicient has grown with me. I started by using just the scheduling and documentation. When Clinicient added the ability to integrate documentation with billing, we signed on quickly. Using Clinicient allowed me to reduce the number of staff I needed for billing. We, as a unit, are more efficient with our documentation which in turns creates improved revenue collection, fewer billing mistakes and decreased outstanding balances.

Cons

I have very few complaints about the product. Staff is knowledgeable and respond in a timely manner.

Catherine M.

probably one of the least user-friendly online EMR programs I have used.

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

I apologize and wish I had a something better to say, but documentation takes to long and the various other issues compile my frustrations with this online software.

Pros

I wrote down a pro and con list before I started this. Unfortunately, I have only 2 things I like about this online EMR system. Its checklist feature for documentation has the right idea if they could be streamlined without waiting for each check to be loaded and saved, costing much time and makes documenting a hassle and a headache Creating/modifying or editing templates is also an easy feature, but is not hassle/headache free to time required for saving.

Cons

What negates the pros listed above is the time it takes for changes to load. Everything takes forever, their server size does not operate smoothly during business hours, since it cannot support the number of users. It does not have a totaling system to add objective or performance totals together. This is the only EMR system that DOES NOT have an integration with insurance auto-eligibility and benefits check I have ever worked with. Which, to run a smooth money transaction business IS A MUST. It lowers the stress of front desk, lowers the cost of having to hire another person, and gives an understanding of the possible cost to the office and the patients quicker, making everything more efficient. Constant bizarre inconsistencies during sign off. and to make the headache worse, when you call customer support, many of them make you feel like it is your fault. I expect full circle competence from check out to documentation, to sign off, to check out. This system leaves holes. There are 2 different ways to create a case when a problem arises, but a lack of communication between support staff has you running in circles. And the worst is nothing is urgent to them, they have 5-7 business days to get back to you and will actually advise you to read your contract.

0.0/10
Heather S.

Overall I think this is a good program and would recommend it to other clinicians.

Reviewed on 2018/04/13

Pros

More options to select from than other software I have used. Easier to customize chart for patient, adding information that does not have a "check" box.

Cons

Slow program that sometimes "times out" intermittently that increases charting time. Checking boxes will not click/unclick and makes it difficult to add comments. Customer service/support can be slow getting back to you and keeping you informed about your case.

Jennifer V.

Great EMR Product from beginning to end

Reviewed on 2019/05/31

EMR helped with collections, from scheduling to documentation and billing the system as a whole is great!

Pros

Compliance for insurance/Medicare, interoperability for all staff, ease of use and allows for best patient Experience

Cons

Overall update and use of product if you have a specific needs. With MIPS, use of Keet and understanding of calculations for passing compliant participation is not clear.

Ernie G.

Satisfied User

Reviewed on 2019/06/01

Clinicient helps us navigate and problem solve all the changes within the Heathcare landscape.

Pros

The system integrates with both clinical and billing software. The reporting features are excellent. Clinicient has helped our practice triple is size in 7 years.

Cons

There are some minor software bugs that occur and the EMR will not integrate with our outcomes tracking software.