ClassJuggler Reviews

ClassJuggler

Management solution for class and schedule-based businesses

4.4/5 (167 reviews)
Shannon M.

From the onset the Class Juggler screen looks complex as there is a lot to look at all at once.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

There are a lot of great features that we are still beginning to tap into. Enrolling students into events as if it was a class, limits the paperwork that needs to be done for the many different events that we hold on a monthly basis. One difficulty is that we have several different staff members sharing our computers at once and it is a bit time consuming to log in and out often when sharing with another staff member. It is good, however that when staff make changes into the system it does keep track of who made the changes. That has been helpful in the training process as we then can identify which staff member is making mistakes and needs more training.

Pros

I like the ability to keep track of make-ups for students who miss their classes. This is very important to our company. We can easily go back and see all of the attendance for our students and track full classes easily. We can now use a staff reward system for full classes as it is easier to track than our last system and that has been motivational to our staff as a whole.

Cons

I do not like that all funds that are in the account automatically get charged at the end of the month for those who are on Autopay, even if the due date for some of the funds has not come up yet. Due to this issue we are still having to use another program. This difficulty is still an important one to fix so we can phase out the use of our other system. Using two systems has created some confusion in communicating with our clients about what they owe and that confusion has created some frustration for our customers. Our office staff has been received several frustrated phone calls from customers about this issue.

Response from ClassJuggler

Thanks for your review, Shannon. Glad to hear that ClassJuggler helps you keep track of student makeups and to facilitate your staff reward system! We also appreciate your comments regarding account payments. We take such suggestions into consideration when planning upcoming product upgrades.

7.0/10
Lissa O.

What a Timesaver!

Reviewed on 2017/03/25

I own a small children's art studio named Bristles Art Studio. We teach after school art lessons, host paint nights, children's birthday parties, paint your own pottery, and summer art camps! I was having such a hard time with keeping up with accounts and registration. When I would host my summer camp registration, there would be an angry line out the door!! Now with ClassJuggler, I can host registration online, and people can register in their PJ's! It is so easy for them to "hold their spot" in a summer camp by depositing money online with their credit card, and I don't have to worry about hassling them for weeks about it. The best part about ClassJuggler is thier customer support. I have called a few times when I got into a part of the software that I wasn't sure about. They spend time with you on the phone, walking you through every step! It really is amazing! I am not computer savvy at all, but I can do Class Juggler. I also like that I can email or text certain groups of students about reminders or class cancellation, without having to email my entire list of customers. I used to use another software for emailing customers, but now I just use ClassJuggler. It has been a huge timesaver for me. I used to spend so much time after students left, getting the accounts in order. No more!

Pros

Online bill payment
Online registration

Cons

I wish it had an app for phones/iPads that administrators could use

Response from ClassJuggler

Lissa, so glad to hear that ClassJuggler's efficiencies have help you get rid of your "angry lines out the door" during registration. :) We look forward to serving you and your Bristles Art Studio for many more years!

Suzanne P.

Good Software for the money and great customer service

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

This is our 2nd year using the software for our dance studio. Last year we used it to for our student enrollment, class scheduling and reporting. This year we started using it to bill our customers and track tuition and payments. I relied on customer service quite a bit while I was setting up the financial side of things, and they were extremely patient and helpful. We still only accept cash or check but are looking at adding a credit card option for next year. We also don't use the customer portal option currently. Class Juggler has helped us keep our heads as we grow.

The only thing I would like to see is an option to help us create recital orders. The interface isn't very pretty or intuitive, but it does function well and it doesn't take much time to figure things out. I would rather have a hard working reliable software than an unreliable one that looks pretty.

Pros

Reliable, updates are useful. Reporting often has an export option so it can be manipulated and customized in excel. Monthly tuition statements are easy for the customer to read and understand. Customer service is helpful.

Cons

No recital/performance/ dance order option. Not very pretty to look at and not intuitive.

Response from ClassJuggler

So glad to hear that ClassJuggler has helped you "keep our heads as we grow," Suzanne. :-) And we hope to continue growing with you, which we will continue to do by listening to your suggestions and allowing them to influence our ongoing product development, so thanks!

Aline M.

Amazing company with the BEST personalized customer service!

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

Classjuggler has all the functions we need we need and more. That being said, I can go on to describe what you can find on their website or I can tell you what I love about them. I'm choosing the second option. At a time when customer service options are being limited (email or live chat only) classjuggler still offers free phone support. Admittedly, I'm not very technologically inclined. The staff has always handled me with grace and kindness with a splash of humor. All messages are returned PROMTLY and sometimes they even respond after hours! How often so you see that?!
Additionally, they are open to suggestions and have made changes to the system based upon direct feedback. I was so impressed the day they listened to my concern and then changed the system because of it!

They are a small business that deserves our support not because they are small, but because they are wonderful and have earned it! The small business part is just a bonus!

A huge thank you to John and his staff for years of wonderful service!

Pros

Have I mentioned customer service?
Cost

Cons

I haven't come across any that weren't fixed.

Response from ClassJuggler

Wow, Aline, such detailed reasons for why ClassJuggler has proven to be the right choice for Exploration Movement -- we are grateful, and honored to continue serving you.

Elise E.

Most flexible class management software

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

Our organization has been using ClassJuggler for over 10 years, and we love it. We are not actually a dance school. We are a homeschool cooperative, but it works great for our situation. We have looked at tons of other class management services over the past 10 years, but we have never found one with as many features at such an affordable price. Since we offer a la carte classes in all kinds of subjects on a varying schedule with varying costs associated with each class, our program does not fit into most "school" software programs. The ones that might work are extremely expensive and not as flexible. ClassJuggler has always been able to handle all of our complicated needs.

Pros

Extreme flexibility in class scheduling, class pricing, payment options for customers. Great support as well.

Cons

Has a bit of an "old school" feel especially in the customer login area. No feature to show teacher bios to help customers in selecting classes.

Response from ClassJuggler

Thanks for your 5-star rating, Elise. Glad to hear that ClassJuggler is working well for your homeschool coop. You'll be happy to know that we're upgrading the customer login in 2017. :)

Jessie L.

CJ saves me hours and hours of time!

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

Excellent customer service- always friendly and helpful! 5 star awesomeness. I gave 4 starts only because there are times when I have to wait for a call-back and wish I could reach someone immediately. Great software for my dance center. When we first started using CJ, I felt like I was on vacation because it simplified my job and saved me so much time. I don't know what I would do without it!

Pros

That it is made specifically for dance schools and understands our needs! Upgrades and improvements are very much appreciated.

Cons

I wish the billing cycle could be tweaked more specifically to fit the needs of individual studios. I wish the credit card possibilities included PayPal since it's so much cheaper.

Response from ClassJuggler

Thanks so much, Jessie, for your words of praise. Any time ClassJuggler's efficiencies can help you to "feel like I was on a vacation because it simplified my job and saved me so much time," we are tickled pink. Thanks also for your constructive requests for billing and merchant processing. We will take these into consideration on future product upgrades.

Kimberly C.

Perfect for my business

Reviewed on 2017/03/24

I've been using Classjuggler since 2014 and have to say, it was the best decision I've made for my business. I went from keeping my books on paper and having no monthly billing statements for my customers. There is so much that Class juggler offers with such a low monthly cost I wouldn't use anything else! The website is so easy to use and operate. My mom who is my office manager and is 65 does it with ease! We love Class juggler!!

Pros

The ease of use and record keeping to pull up balances due for all of my parents and to also see the growth of my studio

Cons

Not being able to click on each student from the class tab to enter payments etc.

Response from ClassJuggler

Delighted to hear that ClassJuggler has proven to be such a user friendly system for you. Thanks for your specifics about what it does well for you, as well as the one feature item that could benefit from an upgrade. We'll look into that.

Shelly W.

Personal opinion

Reviewed on 2017/04/03

As a dance studio director, I have found Class Juggler overall to be a great addition to our company! I still wish there were some additional ways to record specific information for Prospective customers and keep them out of our Active count.
Also, I find the email functions a bit "unreliable." Often, even after selecting specific customers, mass emails go out and therefore cause more time needed to respond and clarify to the unintended receivers.

Pros

Great way to manage accounts, create reports and for the most part, user friendly.

Cons

Email functions have some control challenges.
Would still like to have some better options for recording specific info regarding prospective customers and tracking details as we wish.

Response from ClassJuggler

Shelly, thank you for your positive review! Please feel free to contact us regarding the e-mail issue you're having and we'll see if we can address that.

Shelby E.

Fantastic Software for my dance studio business!

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

I have used ClassJuggler for four years and I love it! The support system at ClassJuggler is wonderful, they are always available to help with whatever I need and their training programs make set up virtually stress-free. My customers love the self-service features and my staff are able to work from anywhere so that our business can run smoothly. I used to spend many hours per week on administrative tasks and billing, but now I have so much more time to focus on other aspects of running my business. I would highly recommend ClassJuggler for your business!

Pros

Reliability, self-service features, administrative and billing tools, ease of use, and wonderful customer service

Cons

There could be improvements to the look of the software. It is not the most aesthetically pleasing, but I would prefer reliability over looks any day!

Response from ClassJuggler

Thanks for your testimonial, Shelby, for your warm words regarding our customer service, training, efficiencies, and the customer self-service tools. You'll be happy to know that we are right now in the early stages of a product facelift, so even that will soon be something you can rave about. :)

Ann S.

For the most part easy customer entry and enrollment features.

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Ability to record and track customers.

Pros

...Access and adjustable date ability to Customer Balance Statements for printing or email.
...Pre-Pay ability.

Cons

..Lack of versatility with start and stop dates; would like to be able to insert a preset start and stop-date instead of waiting for actual day and then going in to complete task.
..Being able to have make-up and trial attendees be recorded in number of students for that particular day in that particular class shown under capacity categories when list classes for day.
..Being able to record multiple charges before saving to customer account.
..For reports being able to use search words.

Response from ClassJuggler

Ann,

Some of your suggestions are really great. I'll get them added to our suggestions database for possible inclusion in a future release.

You can also make suggestions directly to us on any screen in ClassJuggler by clicking on the "Suggest a Feature" button. Give it a try any time you have an idea.

7.0/10
Alicia O.

GOOD EXPERIENCE

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

MY EXPERIENCE IS VERY GOOD, GIVE ME ORGANIZATION AND LET ME MAKE A LOT OF THINGS ON LESS TIME. I WANT THAT THEY INTEGRATE SOME OTHER FEATURES, LIKE A TIMECLOCK FOR THE INSTRUCTORS, AUTOMATATION FOR THE MAKEUP AND TRY OUT CLASSES FOR GIVE THE REMINDER TO THE CLIENT, A SEARCH TO THE EMAIL TEMPLATES. BUT OVER ALL WAS A VERY GOOD SOFTWARE, THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT WAS FAST AND TAKE ACTION VERY FAST TO THE NEEDS OF THE CLIENTS. I WAS SATISFIED.

Pros

THE ORGANIZATION THAT GIVE ME ON MY BUSSINESS.

Cons

I NEED A TIMECLOCK, AUTOMATATION FOR ENGAGE THE NEW CLIENTS; LIKE HAVE A AUTOMATATION EMAIL AND TEXT FOR THE REMINDER OF THE TRY OUT CLASSES AND MAKE UP CLASSES.

Response from ClassJuggler

Thanks so much for your words of encouragement, Alicia, and also for your product improvement suggestions! We will keep these in mind as we make upgrades to the product.

Kira M.

Simplified my business!

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

We own a gymnastics bus and have a couple hundred students go through it every week. We kept track of everything in the beginning with paper and recently switched to ClassJuggler. My experience has been nothing but amazing. These guys have great customer service and using ClassJuggler has saved us a lot of money. I am able to easily collect customer payments and send out statements of what they owe with just one click. I also love that they are constantly adding new features. This was the best move we have made for our business in a long time. We love ClassJuggler!

Pros

Simplicity and ease of billing

Cons

That I have to log in every time I want to check it, but that is totally understandable

Response from ClassJuggler

Hi, Kira, and thanks for the high review score! It's great to hear that the customer service and value and efficiencies have meant so much to you and your business.

Damon H.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

I've had a great experience with ClassJuggler. It does so many things from helping stay organized to increasing retention, providing, special customer/account reports, financial reports etc... The customer support has been great and always willing to assist wherever they can. Not to mention constantly providing tutorials on new features and keeping this system fresh. This has been a great asset to our business.

Pros

The ease of use and it's very convenient.

Cons

N/A

Response from ClassJuggler

Thanks for the strong score, Damon. Glad to hear how ClassJuggler has helped you with so many things, including increasing retention, providing, special customer/account reports, etc. :)

Jerri I.

Easy to use and great product

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Pros

Customer service is top notch and the software features are perfect for my business. There are frequent updates based on customer needs to ensure the usability is as effective as possible.

Cons

I would like to use more images in customer emails for aesthetics but no images are allowed (only links to images).

Response from ClassJuggler

Thank you for your review, Jerri, and your high rating! :) You can of course use more images in the emails you create for your customers, but we understand your request ¿ that you would like the convenience of being able to upload images into ClassJuggler rather than pulling them from an Internet web address. We will take this suggestion into consideration when looking at future product enhancements. To your point, we make them often. :-)

Rana J.

ClassJuggler has been a great resource for both nonprofit youth groups that I work for.

Reviewed on 2018/03/01

Pros

Offers plenty of reports, an online parent portal, and inputting financial info is easy. The customer support is absolutely amazing. They answer emails quickly and are always friendly on the phone. They were able to quickly register all 150 families in our orchestras in less than a week and helped us set up the parent portal in less than a day.

Cons

It is not the most straightforward in the beginning, when you are trying to figure out how to read transaction pages, and a lot of features that would be convenient just aren't there (yet!). Unfortunately you can only submit one registration fee per account, and you have to manually change it for courses that might have a different fee included in the cost. There are other small nitpicky things, but honestly the cons are not huge.

Response from ClassJuggler

Thanks for your kudos, Rana. Glad to hear that the reports, financials, and other features are proving to be valuable to you! Thanks, too, for your improvement suggestions; we use these to influence product development.

Ashley F.

Class Juggler for our Dance School

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

Overall, Class Juggler has been great. It took us a very long time to figure it out, but now that we have had the program for over two years, we are realizing that it is a huge time saver and convenient to our customers. I wish it had more features for recital costuming, like our other program, but that is a small request. I do feel like they listen to your feedback and their customer service is fantastic!

Pros

Great Customer Service

Cons

It doesn't have all the reports we need in our business

Response from ClassJuggler

We are grateful for your review, Ashley, and we are particularly glad to hear that ClassJuggler has proven to be a timesaver for you and a convenience to your customers. We also appreciate your request for a couple new features. We use this kind of feedback to influence any future product improvements.

Shembra A.

Great program for our gymnastics program

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

We have loved using Class Juggler for our gymnastics program. They are always available to help if we need help! The program is very easy to learn and is easily manageable!

Pros

Easy to understand.

Cons

So much information especially for a beginner!

Response from ClassJuggler

Thanks for your VERY strong five-star scoring, and sorry about the volume of information/features, Shembra -- somewhat unavoidable given the depth and breadth of the program and its capabilities. This is why we encourage new customers to take advantage of our one-on-one free introductory online/phone call sessions. This way, we can help you target the specific features you need and get up to speed quickly on them. Anytime you are about to broaden your ClassJuggler experience into a new feature, please don't hesitate to contact us! :-)

Rion P.

I use Class Juggler at work and have had an easy time using this for over a year now

Reviewed on 2018/03/22

Pros

I like the layout and easy access to profiles. If we ever have a problem with the system or would like something changed, we have no problem getting someone from customer support on the phone to assist us. Everyone from customer support is also very good about calling us back in a timely manner.

Cons

I really dislike the fact that once a transaction has been entered, you cannot edit the transaction, you have to completely delete the transaction. I also dislike that the system does not automatically save progress. This makes it hard to multi task

Response from ClassJuggler

thanks for your feature suggestions and for your kind words on the customer support and change requests and the overall layout! your input helps us to understand our customers key priorities, information we can use to make ClassJuggler an always-improving product!

Marcia S.

I've been extremely happy in all aspects.

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

The efficiency factor is priceless. I am a huge fan of this software and everything about this company.

Pros

Once you do the initial setup it is very straightforward and the ease of use is great. The support is also fantastic. I love the reports it can generate and their usefulness. It is very affordable and that is important as we serve many low income families.

Cons

A few glitches - How to include both parents in class emails when the parents are divorced and only one is registered.
Many of my customers forget to put in their cell carrier.
Yahoo has sometimes been difficult with emails from Class Juggler

Casey C.

Love Class Juggler

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

I love class juggler! It has been a life saver. It helps me keep all of my classes and instructers organized. Tuition is very easy to keep up with. Love the text and email customers options! Don't know what I would do without it!

Pros

Love the everything about it. It is very user-friendly.

Cons

The one thing that I didn't like was that you could not put an attachment on an email but I am pretty sure that that has been updated now.

Response from ClassJuggler

Thanks for your high praise, Casey. We hope to continue living up to your expectations for years to come. Very glad to hear that ClassJuggler has done much to help you manage tuition, instructors, and classes, and that you have found the program very user-friendly.

Emily S.

Classjuggler makes keeping track of students SIMPLE and predictable!

Reviewed on 2018/02/26

Pros

Transactions are so easy to keep track of! If an employee doesn't know what to do, it takes less than three minutes to explain the process.

Cons

One thing that I would like is to have easier access to parents and students, most of the time I have to go all the way back from start when I need to go back in the system.

Response from ClassJuggler

We so glad you find the tracking of students simple and predictable, Emily, as well as the ease of performing transactuons. We appreciate both the kudos and the constructive advice. We are always looking for ways to make the ClassJuggler more user-friendly and will take your input to heart as we make further updates

Shelley M.

Great flexibility for a studio that offers a variety of programs

Reviewed on 2017/03/21

We have been using ClassJuggler for about 2 years now and have been very happy with the functionality. We offer a variety of different classes and events at our studio, and were having a hard time finding a system that could manage them all. ClassJuggler offered a flexible platform where we could set up all of our programs and manage them easily. ClassJuggler is constantly updating their software adding new functionality that make our job even easier. Looking forward to many more years growing our business with ClassJuggler.

Pros

Flexible platform for setting up classes and events
Gradual increase in price as customer base grows

Cons

Cannot sort class lists by age

Response from ClassJuggler

Thanks for the high score in words of praise, Shelley! Glad to hear that the functionality of the program has served you well. We also appreciate your product suggestion.

Jo ann M.

Overall very satisfied

Reviewed on 2018/02/23

Pros

The new parent portal is much easier to use. Parents who were kind of afraid of the old one seem to be more at ease

Cons

I would like to be able to see if mass emails are being opened by customers. Parents tend to say they never got the email. At another studio I worked for I was able to go to their profile and see which emails were opened
Also it would be helpful to be able to go back to the same customer criteria after you check an individual account

Response from ClassJuggler

Glad to hear your customers are enjoying and taking advantage of the new parent portal, Jo Ann! Interesting feature suggestions as well. As our long time customers know, our most beloved features came from suggestions put forth by them, just as you have here. We listen, and it influences future product upgrades.

Katelyn R.

Has everything but takes a while to learn

Reviewed on 2019/09/06

Great! Its what we have been looking for for our school. I just wish we found it sooner!

Pros

It has everything we need for our school all in one place. It makes it super easy to keep track of our students, what classes they are in AND easily allows parents to access their own portal and pay online whenever they need to.

Cons

What I like least is that it was very hard to learn. Everyone is still learning and its not super user friendly. We have all been having to just play with it to figure things out.

Response from ClassJuggler

Great, we appreciate your review!

We work hard to provide the features our clients suggest to continually imrpove ClassJuggler. If you ever need help learning ClassJuggler, feel free to call us on our toll-free support line 866-214-6128. We always answer our phones and are happy to offer training!

Becca B.

Amazing customer support, constantly surprised by the adjustments.

Reviewed on 2018/05/04

Pros

I love the customer portal! It as cut my work in half by allowing customers to take care of their account on their own. We have cut down on our paper use so much already, and not even half of our customers have logged on yet.

Cons

the pre-built in prorating for pricing classes doesn't work right. It assumes the first class is whichever day you enrol the student, and there is no way to change what their actual first day is, meaning we have to do all prorating by hand.

Response from ClassJuggler

Becca, thanks much for your review. Glad to hear that the customer portal is proving to be a valuable feature for you! We also appreciate your suggestions and will investigate options. Most of our product improvements are a response to customer input just like yours. :)