Zoho Mail

Write a Review!
Zoho Mail is a secure, encrypted, and enterprise-ready email

4.6/5

Ngala Emmanuel
Ngala Emmanuel
  • Industry: Graphic Design

An incredible email management system with amazing features

Reviewed on 2023/09/05

It helps us with email management ( chatting and marketing). It's quite super easy to manage. I highly recommend it.

Pros

We currently use Zoho Mail Solutions as our email management system. It's cheap and easy to use. From domain verification to mailbox creation- It's super easy to use.It works pretty much like Gmail with the exception that it offers more advanced email automation features than Gmail.Notifications are sent in a timely manner, the user interface is rich in texture and design. There are great themes to play around with. I can customize the default email templates or autoresponders and many more.It also offers user account security like two-factor authentication.

Cons

I think the admin console can be difficult to locate sometimes. There are too many features in the user dashboard. While this might not be a big deal, for a new user it can be challenging.Secondly, all external images from emails are hidden by default and I need to enable them manually by clicking on "display now" before they show up. It's frustrating.

Syazwani
Syazwani

Good with organizing emails

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

Zoho Mail is better than my previous email hosting that my domain hosting has provided. There are option to access my mail from my mobile device, which i like very much and can access it from anywhere. There are also a tools to have a quick chat with my contact list.

Pros

Sending and receiving emails with Zoho Mail has never been a problem so far. Adding contact list in bulk is very possible and can work in multiple type of file format like .TXT and excel. Creating a template for my email like footnote and signature is easy and has many option like font style and color to customized it.

Cons

There are limited user that can be add for the domain, and will include more fees to add more user. Adding a domain is not easy as it should be, the MX records is not easily recognized by this software and keep showing error. There are no detailed manual to the problem that I face, and only after seeking support from the customer service the problem is fixed.

Yasith
Yasith

Good for Startups trying to keep the cost low but there are issues

Reviewed on 2023/02/21

Zoho is definitely okay to use to start with for companies and also if you use emails lightly. But you will feel the difference if you move on to a pro software like Google Workspace. The overall experience needs to be improved in Zoho.

Pros

The cost was the main thing I liked about Zoho mail. It was just a dollar per user with limited storage. For startups getting started it is always good to keep the cost low. So zoho did work for us in the first two years. Basically does the work.

Cons

The overall user experience is not that great. It looks outdated. Sometimes emails do not sync up well. Also, it is easier to use google login when signing up for services rather than using a custom email. For example, if you are given access to a google doc for your work mail it is really hard to access that document because you do not have an account in google for that mail. Setting up email clients was harder as well with IMAP configurations.

Google Workspace and Microsoft 365

Yandex was unreliable.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

It was way cheaper than them
Diwakar Dixit

Zoho mail is all you need

Reviewed on 2024/03/22

Pros

I have been a zoho customer for almost 4 years. I have setup basic account which gives me 5GB per user and i can create upto 10 users. It has inbuilt bookmark, spam control, notes and calander. customer support is awesome. I recently had issues with MX record and the customer service responded within 2 hours resolving my issue eventhough i have basic account with zoho for the domain I own. Support POP3 and IMAP.

Cons

I have not see any issues with zoho as i have given every feature i am looking for in an email.

Habibah
Habibah
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Best to manage domain email

Reviewed on 2021/05/11

Zoho mail is very reliable and the server uptime is 99.9% which is the first feature that i am looking while choosing the email management software. I use it for daily use and it is critical for me to have an email management that is always online. The price scheme is also not too expensive and i can afford it.

Pros

Zoho mail is very complete in the feature that they provide, it has an option to recovering back all the email attachment even after i have mistakenly deleted the email. It is very useful for me as i sometimes mistakenly deleting an important email when trying to clearing up my email inbox. The spam blocker also work pretty well.

Cons

Adding and setting a new email domain with this software is very hard and confusing for the first time i am trying to do it. It keep showing error and can not correctly even after i am following the instruction that they provide in the manual. Thanks to the customer support, i can connect it with my domain after a few times.

Vlad

Zoho has played a huge part in my business ventures for the past 4 years.

Reviewed on 2023/09/17

Amazing

Amazing

Pros

I have built 5 companies in the past 4 years. For each one, I have used Zoho and have utilised different products including Mail, Inventory Manager, the HR platform and more. It is amazing how seamless the intergration between these products is and how user friendly the platform is, providing what seems like hundreds of different products. Although I have a technical background, many of my employees do not and yet they can manage customising and setting up new domains fine. Zoho will always have my heart!

Cons

Nothing really, at points it might be frustrating when I make mistakes in integration setups, but this is on me haha.

Theo

The free email plan that offers everything

Reviewed on 2024/01/17

If you're a business owner or maybe just a private consumer who is looking for a reliable and cheap (or free) email solution, THIS IS THE WAY TO GO!
I have used many email providers before (GMX, Yahoo, Firemail, msn, Aol) and I can confidently say that this has been the best option for me. It has IMAP Sync, a nice interface and a lot of features.

Pros

- Very intuitive user interface
- Well-built applications for web, mobile and PC
- POP3/IMAP support WITHOUT needing to pay
- Sync is really fast

Cons

- Spam folder sometimes flags harmless emails, especially private emails with shorter subjects and less content

Norzihan
Norzihan
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Quite good with email management tools

Reviewed on 2021/02/12

I have use Zoho Mail for managing my domain email, setting it up is really easy as there are many guides and manual provided by this software to make it work. Up for 5 business email id is free to register and that is enough for me for my own domain without having to pay for its premium plan and i really happy to be able using it for free but with premium feature.

Pros

Zoho Mail is one of the top software that has good tools that offer a free email management, also for managing business email. I really like that i can customized and editing keyword for the spam filters, so the legit email coming from legit business email address can be white-flag and landing to my primary inbox.

Cons

Mobile application for Zoho Mail is less responsive unlike the desktop application. It just won't automatically synchronized my emails and i need to manually refresh the application for it to start showing my new emails. I don't know if it is the problem with my smartphone or it just won't work.

• Industry: Information Services

Uses of Zoho Mail

Reviewed on 2024/02/09

very exciting experience. Especially on Security

very exciting experience. Especially on Security

Pros

Ease of use is the best character of the system

Cons

It is generally good in every sense. We use only few services.

Notion

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

Need to have a unique emai as an organization

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

we never used any alternative products with zoho
Christopher
Christopher

The best professional email service to start

Reviewed on 2023/11/11

Very good, first setup was very easy because they have instructions for most domain registrars in their help pages.

Pros

Their free plan is the best way to start with a professionnal email.

Cons

Since the professionnal email is hosted on Zoho, it can't be used in android apps like Gmail. However their Zoho Mail app for android works great and I really like it.

Meant for Startups and upto Medium Scale Business Mainly

Reviewed on 2019/08/10

The branding of the company and reputation as premium is what established via use of Zoho Mail. It is a very important factor in creating a trusted image among potential clients. In fact, it does maintain a reputation with ease of access at the companies end.

Pros

Ability to scale up and work as a team is the most approaching benefit of Zoho Mail.

further to it, on use I did find:

1. The Administrator can be a team and not just one person.
2. Role set up and Employee Addition, even with custom roles are very helpful for medium scale enterprises.
3. Has a good ability to make a company-wide policy for better implementation of compliances and related kinds of stuff without hassles.
4. The advanced and simple mode selection also helps for quite a good lot of employees.
5. The email authenticity details in every email are quite a helpful feature that will save a life from spams not available in Gsuite and likewise applications to extend Zoho has.

Cons

The Cost expenses of running full premium features are a setback to most of micro and nano scale enterprises. The Company does provide good lot feature even at free of cost but the overall pricing deters such enterprises to buy paid plans, thus reducing the inflow of such paid customers.

The privacy policies of companies present a loophole of the ability of admin to peek in an employee's email. It is like a sword with two edges, both beneficial and destructive too.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

The price factor and reliability factor were crucial in selection. But ease of access and trust issues were the factors that narrowed down the search. The value for money makes it win win situation.

Great email service that links easily to the rest of the Zoho suite.

Reviewed on 2022/10/07

It is an excellent email service for business or home users who don't need a full Exchange server, Office365 system etc. It has plenty of storage space so that you dont have to keep deleting emails or having the risk of not being able to send or receive a critical set of mails because you have ran out of space. There are plenty of upgrade paths at a reasonable figure per month so that it can grow if you need to expand without having to switch to another company.

Pros

The email service has a very generous mailbox size and a lot of features even in the free version. The webmail works very well and the apps you can download for your mobile devices seem to perform with no glitches so far. It has all of the features you expect from an email service including standard email, calendar, tasks, contacts etc and the webmail even has a handy Remote Work feature that allows you to clock in and out and log the time you are spending on a task. It has the usual software programs for Mac, Windows and Linux so you dont need to purchase a dedicated email program to send and receive your email.

Cons

The calendar feature does not work in the webmail section when on an iPad outside of the normal app.

Gmail and MyWebsite

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

We use a lot of their services and they work so well together that it was an obvious choice to use their email as well.

Zoho Mail Review: Efficient Email

Reviewed on 2023/02/07

Overall, Zoho Mail is a cost-effective solution that provides many basic email features, but it may not be suitable for users who require more advanced features and customization options.

Pros

Efficient Email Management: Zoho Mail provides a clean and user-friendly interface, advanced spam protection, and collaboration tools for teams, making it easier for users to manage their email.Affordable: Zoho Mail offers an affordable email service for individuals and small businesses, making it a cost-effective solution for those who need an email service.Secure: Zoho Mail provides advanced security features, such as two-factor authentication and encrypted email storage, to protect users' data and information.Integration with Other Zoho Apps: Zoho Mail integrates well with other Zoho apps, such as Zoho CRM and Zoho Calendar, allowing users to streamline their workflow and manage tasks more effectively.Custom Domain Name Support: Zoho Mail allows users to use their own domain name for their email address, helping them establish their brand and professionalism.

Cons

Limited Customization Options: Some users may find that the customization options for Zoho Mail are limited, and they may not be able to personalize their email experience as much as they would like.Lack of Advanced Features: Zoho Mail has many basic email features, but it may lack some of the advanced features that are available with other email services, such as email categorization and prioritization.Limited Customer Support: Zoho Mail's customer support options may be limited, and users may have to rely on online resources and forums to get the help they need.Integration Issues: While Zoho Mail integrates well with other Zoho apps, some users may have trouble integrating it with non-Zoho apps and services, which could limit its usefulness.

Lalao
Lalao

An email application for business

Reviewed on 2022/10/06

I find Zoho Email to be an excellent platform for creating professional emails. It also provides a mobile application that allows me to check my emails, when I am on the go. This is a great solution for me because it allows me to stay on top of my work even when I'm not at my desk.

Pros

I use Zoho mail for my professional email hosting needs. It is secure and encrypted, which guarantees the confidentiality of my exchanges with my collaborators. I adopted it because I really liked the idea of creating email addresses that use my company's domain, which allows my contacts to identify me. This facilitates our exchanges and makes us more productive.

Cons

I have not encountered any particular problem with Zoho Mail, I feel it does the job it is asked to do.

Binny
Binny
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Best support with resilient performance only from Zoho!

Reviewed on 2022/05/07

My university uses Zoho suite of services instead of Google, it is very cost effective and handy, It comes with mobile app and also a authentication app, so that we don't have to remember the passwords any more. IT admin person set it up in our phone and we can use it even from my gmail application. It is very handy and I have no question to rise in terms of privacy. I loved this product.

Pros

I personally loved the feature of notification that we get when the inbox emails are left to reply. This adds another level of security so that we don't miss on any update. We also get feature of schedule email, which makes customer work very easy. Also, the best feature of Zoho is that the email sent from here are never going in spam at receiver's end. So it shows how reliable Zoho Mail is. Instant chat feature is not much used by me, but is very useful.

Cons

There are no such cons, but the dark theme is very dark, like the buttons and functions looks like neon colour, It catches eye. The UI should be subtle in dark mode so that night vision is not obstructed. But there are no complaints when I see from security point of view.

Trevor
Trevor

Great, inexpensive e-mail hosting for custom domains

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

My Microsoft Office 365 subscription was about to expire, so I needed to find and migrate to another solution quickly. After some brief searching, Zoho Mail came up as a reputable, low-cost option for me to consider. I couldn't find any other good competitors at this price point, so I went ahead and signed up. Migration was easy, and

Pros

It's easy to sign up and get your e-mail migrated over. They provide a simple web interface that does all I need it to. Zoho also provides secure IMAP connectivity, if you want to use a separate e-mail client. Zoho is competitively priced, and is easily worth the cost of entry for anyone who needs basic e-mail services.

Cons

The Zoho Mail design isn't particularly beautiful, as software user interfaces go, but it's functional and straightforward. A cleaner, modern UI would be nice, but I'm not complaining either.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

I switched because Microsoft Office 365 is far too expensive for my needs.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

I selected Zoho Mail over other products, because of its reputation, low cost, flexibility with payment options (PayPal), and support for custom e-mail domains.
Nathan

Good for light usage, users should look elsewhere for feature-intensive options

Reviewed on 2019/09/23

Currently, I am employed full-time in marketing, but also do some consulting and creative strategy work on the side, which is why I needed an email platform to connect with my domain. Because I do not actively prospect my side-business, I don't need a feature-intensive product (like Office 365 or G Suite) and I didn't want to spend much money on the product either. Zoho offers a good compromise when you are looking for a simple hosted e-mail solution. If you are looking for the best integration and office suite, though, you should look towards more expensive options from Google or Microsoft.

Pros

The value of the product is great. And while the e-mail functionality and performance isn't the best, I prefer the layout much better than others I've used. Having access to additional office applications from Zoho could be useful if you needed to separate documents and information for multiple purposes (work, personal, etc.).

Cons

The software isn't the most fluid to use. By this, I mean settings like 2-factor authentication or profiles can be difficult to find. The interface also isn't as well-designed as other e-mail platforms like G-Suite. And, while imap is available for zoho accounts, you are required to pay for it in order to use it. Customer service also isn't the best, but that's about on-par with other technology companies.

Google Workspace and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

Price was the primary factor. Zoho is the most inexpensive email hosting solution that I could find.
Aris
Aris
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Zoho: The Mail King

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

We base all our direct sales and customer support emails on Zoho Mail because it has a full suite of apps around Mail, it gives us tools to embed some features needed on our ecommerce using the API and also a lot of our customers prefer Zoho Mail more than Roundcube or other Mail providers because of its user friendly interface, deliverability and cool features.

Pros

We have the paid plan and can take advantage the big file size of attachments and the integration of various Zoho applications, such as calendar, notes and scheduled emails that are heavily used by our company employees. The most practical, user friendly and useful feature are the tabs for each action we take. Everything we click is opened on a new tab in the same webpage which help us go back and work at multiple things at the same time. Advanced filters, forwarders and tags are necessary for our business and Zoho exceeds our expectations on these features. Two factor authentication is recommended and available by Zoho. Security notifications are always enabled and help us monitor suspicious activity of our accounts. Also there is an API that gives us the ability to embed mail features inside our web apps and various projects.

Cons

We would prefer if the paid plans had unlimited users for a single domain, because the domain is owned by the individual user/company and would be fair to be able to use unlimited aliases for a domain. Other than that Zoho Mail is great and this is our personal opinion on this matter!

• Industry: Sports

Professional email with lots of features

Reviewed on 2021/04/30

Overall, I really like Zoho Mail. It helps us cut the costs down for emails a lot because they offer generous service plans which other companies charge a lot more. And if you are still not sure if Zoho Mail is right for you, they offer a great free plan where you can have 1 domain and 5 emails each offering 5 GB of storage.

Pros

Zoho Mail is great if you are looking for a cheap professionally managed email service that allows you to have professional-looking emails ending with your domain name. No more @gmail.com for making business. Now customers can see that you are a serious company and you can do more with Zoho Mail than with your previous email.
Zoho Mail perfectly connects with other Zoho services and every Zoho service has its add-on which is already integrated into the whole system.
Zoho Mail features a nice-looking webmail interface which also has dark mode available. The design of webmail is very modern and to my preference, I like it more than Gmail.
A key advantage of using Zoho Mail in large corporations is organization policies. Mail administrators can set up signatures, disclaimers, attachment size limit, and spam settings and even enforce the use of 2FA which all serious companies should be using nowadays if they take security seriously.
Zoho even offers a great Zoho Mail mobile app which works great on all mobile devices and systems. It supports adding multiple accounts which is great if you happen to manage multiple email boxes. If you happen to have an email client of your own choice, you can easily set up your inbox in other applications because all popular email protocols are supported out of the box - POP3, IMAP, SMTP.

Cons

I don't like the search functionality of Zoho Mail. Sometimes it is kinda unhelpful and I find emails I am searching for way faster manual rather than with a search bar. Zoho Mail saves email and associates the first name of a person in the address book based on the first part of the email. Not all companies use the [email protected] format and I think that should be considered when using search because sometimes the results of a search aren't great.
Also, the translation of the word Forward is translated wrongly in the Croatian language. I already contacted support a few times but they still haven't fixed that. Some less experienced users could find it confusing to forward email because of this poor wording. I know because at first I also was.

Sahid
Sahid
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Good choice for email service for enterprise.

Reviewed on 2022/07/24

For small and medium-sized organizations, Zoho mail is a useful tool that has performed above and beyond expectations. Similar to that, this application's usability is a plus. Last but not least, this mail service fulfills all requirements for individuals seeking for a respectable mail satisfaction management program without affecting their financial statement.

Pros

There isn't much that a low tech user can't figure out after the first setup, which needed some understanding. Email and other collaborative tools are easy to use and understand. Spam was not a problem because it is able to identify and classify messages accurately 96% of the time. I like how affordable it is to utilize my domain name for an email management system that focuses on the needs of its users.

Cons

The organization may expand into a new market by offering live help for mailbox installation in addition to video instruction. It was a bit difficult to implement email since the program needed professional assistance to be set up. Apart than that, using this application is straightforward. After the setting is finished, the application has been functioning without any issues thus far.

Yahoo Mail

Was looking for a Gmail and Outlook alternative

Reviewed on 2022/07/19

Stable and trustworthy!

Stable and trustworthy!

Pros

It has a FREE version, I can scale it up with more users when needed.
As a freelancer, I can set up several email addresses, something that other providers charge extra for.
Using the webmail interface, I don't have to worry about backup and which computer I have the email installed on.

Cons

Zoho consists of a lot of different modules, which makes the overview difficult to begin with. It takes some time to get used to and find all the settings.

Microsoft Outlook and Gmail

Expensive

Gmail

Price and freedom.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Zoho mail -webmail that is properly integrated

Reviewed on 2021/06/12

There, I handle my working life! I send/receive messages from/for the community, job openings, collaboration, organizing, and other things. That is why I appreciate the ability to tag each email so that I can easily locate it later.

Pros

i Use Zoho Mail as part of your Zoho One subscription. The bundle has everything I need for my business at a terrific price, and one feature that I particularly like is the CRM connectivity. The webmail client is really user-friendly, and I especially like the associated iOS version. If I'm on the road,I want to concentrate on my business messages rather than the mailing list and other distractions that clog up my Apple Mail.
The CRM integration makes it simple to keep track of emails sent to a client or supplier as part of a continuous flow.
With a clean design and a simple Night Mode toggle, they've kept up with recent design trends.

Cons

The procedure of configuring Zoho Mail is simple, however it can take some time to check the records, and the integration instructions may be enhanced. More interface theme options might be introduced, allowing users to customize the appearance and feel to their liking.

Ernesto Enrique
Ernesto Enrique

The real best alternative for corporate mail

Reviewed on 2019/07/22

My experience with Zoho Mail has been great, with it I can review all my emails from my company as if it were any other famous email platform.

Pros

I could write for hours the benefits of Zoho Mail and why I like it so much.

I'll start by mentioning the user interface, it's one of the best I've tried and has nothing to envy of its competition. It has all the options that one looks for in mail, attaching files has never been so easy and the best thing of all is that it has a section where all the files that you have sent or received.

It has excellent applications for smartphones, which allow you to check your mail and have great quality, work perfectly. Also applications to manage users and configurations.

Simply the best option for small and large companies to host corporate emails.

Cons

I like all of Zoho Mail, I did not like the interface very much but a year ago they updated it and now it looks spectacular.

Jose

The best and cheapest mail box

Reviewed on 2023/02/08

Pros

It has the best UI in mail apps, its better than Gmail or Outlook. You can customize everything. A really intuitive app, its pretty easy to manage users.In the cheapest plan, you get personalized signatures, multiple mailboxes, web and mobile apps and custom filters for inbox mails.

Cons

The contact manager sometimes doesnt search correctly.

Microsoft Outlook , Gmail and Hostinger

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

Price, zoho is really cheap

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

It is the best quality/price ratio
oscar alberto
oscar alberto
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

The most economical option with more options in email

Reviewed on 2018/10/31

In general, work with zoho is good, despite the points against, the mail of zoho has all the options to be an excellent service provider, the mobile and web versions I think are the best, has multiple options and On the other hand, it offers the free option to host the business mail of your company if you have your own domain, but depending on the domain it can be for 25 accounts or less.

Pros

What I like about zoho mail is that it is an excellent alternative to traditional email providers, it offers you a service without any publicity which is very much appreciated, you have the option to open a personal email with zoho or if you prefer an email business at very competitive prices, zoho interface seems very clean and functional, you can modify it from the configuration, which has many options to change and customize your email, has very practical modes of notifications as it groups you emails electronic devices according to the order of priority given to them, so that they are ordered and ready for the corresponding reading. It has a version for each device that is needed and it really is very practical and the emails arrive instantly.

Cons

What I do not like is that in the free option you do not have the pop and imap options are only available for the payment option so it is impossible to use the zoho client to receive or send your emails to other platforms if you do not make a payment and you subscribe to their service, on the other hand the pc client is quite deficient, it is a web version of reduced proportions, and you can not configure other accounts unless you close the session of the main account.