Zoho Mail

4,4 (630)
Zoho Mail is a secure, encrypted, and enterprise-ready email

Mohamed E.
  • Industry: Banking

The Best Mailing and Scheduling services

Reviewed on 2021/11/29

My experience with Zoho services is amazing especially Zoho Mail and Zoho meetings, it's not only just mail Service but it go more further in time and task management and easily connecting with team members at any time like open channel

Pros

Zoho mail is combined with all zoho services especially Zoho meetings so it allow all services to be added in the same server with same user and mail address so no need for extra mails and users as all are same in this services

Cons

The mail capacity and archiving process , The mail capacity need to be increased as it's not provide the full capacity as another competitors provide

Nabila B.
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

My Zoho Mail review

Reviewed on 2021/05/17

Zoho mail is a valuable tool for startups and mid-sized businesses and has worked very well beyond expectations. Similarly, this application's user-friendliness is a strong point. Finally, this is the perfect mail service for those looking for decent mail satisfaction manager software without jeopardizing their company's budget and also meeting everyday expectations.

Pros

The most important characteristic of this postal service is its high value for money, as it is not costly when providing all of the functionality that a business requires. Another plus is that it comes with unbeatable features such as shortcut keys that allow you to quickly access preferred options such as calendar, mission, notes, attachments, and so on. User-friendliness comes last but not least. I never even had to make assumptions when roaming around the app to find the appropriate functionality because the interface is simple to use.

Cons

One field that the company can develop is to provide live support for mailbox installation rather than just video tutorials. Implementing email was a little challenging because the program had to be set up with the help of experts. Aside from that, this program is simple to use. The program has been running smoothly so far after the configuration is complete.

Dakota M.

Inexpensive Mail Solution

Reviewed on 2021/12/25

My overall experience integrating and using Zoho Mail was good. The support was a little slow when I had issues but answered any questions I had fully. Since we have a simple use case the limitations weren't a big issue but they may limit us going into the future.

Pros

Integrating Zoho Mail into our simple use case was fairly easy. We required a way to send and receive email under our own custom email and Zoho allowed us to do that. They provid the IMAP/POP3 protocols so we could send and receive email without having to switch from Gmail.

Cons

I didn't like that I would have to purchase more email accounts to setup extra inboxes. We needed this service to replace the email service offered by a shared web hoster which allowed us to create unlimited accounts as long as we didn't exceed our storage limit, so it was a difficult limitation to get used to.

Sendinblue and SendGrid

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

We moved away from shared web hosting but didn't want to self-host our own email server, so we decided on Zoho Email as it was inexpensive and fit our current use case.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

Other email solutions were either too complicated, too expensive, or targeted towards mailing lists rather than simple communications like we needed. Zoho Mail didn't require us to pay extra for many featured we would never have a use for.
Kaley R.
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Zoho, not a no but not a full yes

Reviewed on 2021/12/18

Look, I really value Zoho's mission and probably could develop greater fluency with all of its suite of tools. It's a good mail service with some minor kinks.

Pros

There's no complaining about the free features and domain access. It is all you need and more as far as shared inbox access, collaboration and data retention.

Cons

I don't know what I did wrong but I feel my inbox is way too susceptible to many spam ads? I check it infrequently because I don't get too much mail here, but the majority should not be spam. Right? Other than that I find that it's really easy to image share and catalog info via mail.

Halimatun Z.
  • Industry: Accounting
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Business email with Zoho Mail

Reviewed on 2021/11/10

Pros

Zoho Mail is ideal for corporate email since it can handle all of my business requirements, including auto-response, block-listing and allow-listing, and custom signatures on the footnote. It also has sufficient storage capacity for all of the emails, and the method of transmitting bulk email is rather quick.

Cons

One thing that they need to improve is, providing live help for mailbox installation instead of video training. Establishing mail was a little complicated because the program might have to be set up by professionals. Aside from that, there are no issues with running this program. The program has been working wonderfully since everything has been set up correctly.

Sam S.

Zoho Mail: Superior Perfomance at Lower Cost!

Reviewed on 2022/01/07

I use it to reply to my students.

Pros

I like the ease of use and affordable price. Other email providers have become too greedy in a crowded market.

Cons

If you are a newbie don't give up setting Zoho Mail. Follow the instructions and you'll make it.

Ahmed A.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

The best integrated mail with ZOHO CRM

Reviewed on 2021/12/10

The overall experience with Zoho mail is fine ,It provides significant values comparing with the Service pricing

Pros

The best thing in ZOHO MAIL that it easily integrated with Zoho CRM and also to be added to OKTA API , Zohi mail having automated mails and templates which we did it previously and can be used with any customer

Cons

ZOHO Mail having no critical issues with me as it works fine for all the applicable criterias ,Just the pricing for the mail for high numbers of users exceeding 500 user need to have more discounts

• Industry: Telecommunications

Sophisticated Software

Reviewed on 2021/12/02

Zoho mail makes my work so much easier. Everything is very accessible and organized.

Pros

Zoho mail is quick and easy to use. It is telling of all the time and effort that must have been put into its development. Definitely a rival for some of the most popular email options.

Cons

The integration process from my old email to zoho was difficult. Some items did get lost. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Zsolt Z.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Good alternative

Reviewed on 2021/12/20

Pros

Most of the features are available on a free version.

Cons

The usability and general look of the software is a bit outdated.

Rosemely H.

Zoho Mail Review

Reviewed on 2022/01/11

Excellent experience.

Pros

Zoho Mail allocates mobile application making it easy to access emails with just a click.

Cons

Some capabilities like domain search aren't available on Zoho Mail mobile application.

• Industry: Sports

Professional email with lots of features

Reviewed on 2021/04/30

Overall, I really like Zoho Mail. It helps us cut the costs down for emails a lot because they offer generous service plans which other companies charge a lot more. And if you are still not sure if Zoho Mail is right for you, they offer a great free plan where you can have 1 domain and 5 emails each offering 5 GB of storage.

Pros

Zoho Mail is great if you are looking for a cheap professionally managed email service that allows you to have professional-looking emails ending with your domain name. No more @gmail.com for making business. Now customers can see that you are a serious company and you can do more with Zoho Mail than with your previous email.
Zoho Mail perfectly connects with other Zoho services and every Zoho service has its add-on which is already integrated into the whole system.
Zoho Mail features a nice-looking webmail interface which also has dark mode available. The design of webmail is very modern and to my preference, I like it more than Gmail.
A key advantage of using Zoho Mail in large corporations is organization policies. Mail administrators can set up signatures, disclaimers, attachment size limit, and spam settings and even enforce the use of 2FA which all serious companies should be using nowadays if they take security seriously.
Zoho even offers a great Zoho Mail mobile app which works great on all mobile devices and systems. It supports adding multiple accounts which is great if you happen to manage multiple email boxes. If you happen to have an email client of your own choice, you can easily set up your inbox in other applications because all popular email protocols are supported out of the box - POP3, IMAP, SMTP.

Cons

I don't like the search functionality of Zoho Mail. Sometimes it is kinda unhelpful and I find emails I am searching for way faster manual rather than with a search bar. Zoho Mail saves email and associates the first name of a person in the address book based on the first part of the email. Not all companies use the [email protected] format and I think that should be considered when using search because sometimes the results of a search aren't great.
Also, the translation of the word Forward is translated wrongly in the Croatian language. I already contacted support a few times but they still haven't fixed that. Some less experienced users could find it confusing to forward email because of this poor wording. I know because at first I also was.

Gabriella N.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Great functionality with available set-up resources

Reviewed on 2021/02/14

I recommend Zoho mail 110%, I have been using it for years now with minimum to no issues.

Pros

I have used Zoho for about four years now, and I was attracted to it by Zoho mail. Zoho mail allows you to have five email addresses with individual mailboxes under one custom domain for free. This is great especially for entrepreneurs and startups, even though you have to purchase the custom domain.

The level of functionality is great, it ranks well even when compared to paid services. Another important aspect is that it's not "spammy" and it does not have compromised security.

Zoho mail works well, I would recommend it to other business owners and entrepreneurs. It is also continually improving and adding more useful tools such as the MX record checker.

Cons

I like Zoho mail's performance and reliability that is enabled by aspects such as adding SPF and DKIM entries in the domain DNS and adjusting MX records.
But depending on skill level, these settings could be seen as challenging and could deter some. I found the manual webpage that's available for setting up for a range of domain providers to be quite helpful. There are other sites that cover how to set up Zoho mail, which I also found to be helpful.

I realized that it can take long for Zoho mail to pick up added entries to a domain DNS. This is probably split between Zoho mail and a specific domain provider but perhaps some improvements can be done.

Great alternative to G-Suite for small businesses

Reviewed on 2021/02/04

I originally tried G-Suite in my organisation. While its powerful and well-known, I found it way too complex to install and manage in a very small organisation. Its seemed needlessly complex and required expertise to administer. I cancelled and tried Zoho and never looked back. I find it simpler and more suited to a small business. And the apps that come bundled in are a big bonus.

Pros

Its simple and easy to use and the the support desk has been great on the few occasions I needed it. There are a bunch of good apps that come bundled-in with the Zoho mail. Its also cheap, dependable and affordable.

Cons

My password manager doesn't always work too well on the login screen. But thats picking hairs a bit!

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

G Suite was very complicated and required a lot of work to set up. I found Zoho way more friendly and easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

Easier to work with, cheaper, not owned by Google.
Tomasz S.

Zoho Mail: feature-packed, customizable online e-mail client

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

It was a great service until Zoho decided completely revamp the interface a few years ago. Someone somewhere said Mobile First as if desktop users went extinct from Sunday to Monday. But if your job is to reply to 300 email per day, you do rely on desktop! So the revamp had a lot or me-too, half-baked ideas borrowed from other email providers that were implemented in hurry with no respect to users. There was a bloodshed on Zoho boards and Zoho started closing threads as "solved" (as you do). The technical support response time went from days to weeks. Zoho approach was: "well, try using it for some time, get used and we are sure you will like it!" Nasty. For some time I went back to use the email client on my server. Then, very slowly, step by step, Zoho started improving what they broke in the first place. Rolled back a few old features. Added a few new ones people have requested for months. And you know what, it is a great email client now, admittedly better than it was, even though some problems have never been fixed. All in all the major crisis it is a happy marriage now.

Pros

It is a reliable email client that lets me send and receive emails from multiple domains. I rely on templates a lot and they can be neatly nested. Importantly Zoho is ahead of Google when it comes to features such as scheduling emails for example (because a group of avid users, including myself, kept bringing this up on forums and finally Zoho took it up or so it seems to me anyway). Tagging and flagging works like a charm, you can have multiple, nested folders, multiple signatures. Also, threaded view is an option that can be easily turned off, which I do really appreciate as I still have not figured out how to turn it off in Gmail. Finally, the technical support is prompt and helpful.

Cons

My biggest gripe is that you must have one domain parked on Zoho to be able to use it. Secondly POP3/SMTP/IMAP are supported so you can send and receive emails from other domains, too, but you won't avail of collaborative features of Zoho Email. I was told by Zoho tech support that unless I move the domain to Zoho, I won't be able to set up a master email account from which I could push or tag emails for attention of other staff. So we do keep forwarding emails as if 90s were not over yet! The reason why I am not moving the domain to Zoho is my past experience with Zoho. Admittedly over the years the service is much more reliable with less or literally no downtime, but I did suffer in the past and I do prefer to keep the copies of emails on the server that is not with Zoho just in case. Finally, the mobile app - many features are not part of it. So you need the desktop after all. I rely on desktop anyway but it is shocking that in this day and age, Zoho does not get mobile experience right

Aris G.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Zoho: The Mail King

Reviewed on 2021/01/12

We base all our direct sales and customer support emails on Zoho Mail because it has a full suite of apps around Mail, it gives us tools to embed some features needed on our ecommerce using the API and also a lot of our customers prefer Zoho Mail more than Roundcube or other Mail providers because of its user friendly interface, deliverability and cool features.

Pros

We have the paid plan and can take advantage the big file size of attachments and the integration of various Zoho applications, such as calendar, notes and scheduled emails that are heavily used by our company employees. The most practical, user friendly and useful feature are the tabs for each action we take. Everything we click is opened on a new tab in the same webpage which help us go back and work at multiple things at the same time. Advanced filters, forwarders and tags are necessary for our business and Zoho exceeds our expectations on these features. Two factor authentication is recommended and available by Zoho. Security notifications are always enabled and help us monitor suspicious activity of our accounts. Also there is an API that gives us the ability to embed mail features inside our web apps and various projects.

Cons

We would prefer if the paid plans had unlimited users for a single domain, because the domain is owned by the individual user/company and would be fair to be able to use unlimited aliases for a domain. Other than that Zoho Mail is great and this is our personal opinion on this matter!

Ramakant R.

Free Business Email tool

Reviewed on 2020/08/29

Overall i have created all my business emails using Zoho Email. Zoho email provides you a mobile app where you can login and check your emails. The email transfer rate is very fast.

Pros

Zoho is a free platform to create business emails easily. If you are running any company and existing over the internet and want to create a Business email along with your domain name, you are choosing Zoho Email for creating 5 Free business emails.

Cons

Nothing still now. The DNS varification is very time taking.

Google Workspace and ProtonMail

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

Gsuite is taking $5 per month for creating Business emails.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

Zoho Email is very secure and fast. The support team is very pro active and reply in 5-7 hours. Easy login to zoho emails using Mobile apps and Laptop login. Yuu can also add 2 factors authentication.
Alastair C.
  • Industry: Computer Games

A very useful and free email and calendar solution for those with a custom domain

Reviewed on 2020/05/21

Overall my experience with Zoho Mail has been very positive. Its integration with a custom domain was easy, seamless and free which is the real highlight in my experience. It is fast, responsive and comes with a plethora of features and functions that improve the experience. It is clear that they have focused on giving value to their users which is appreciated. I can certainly recommend Zoho Mail for both business and personal use.

Pros

There are several things I like about using Zoho Mail. Firstly, Zoho allows you to create your own email solution for free using a custom domain. I set up a custom domain on a domain registrar and I searched for a free email solution that let you use your new domain. Zoho Mail was the email solution I chose as the instructions for setting it up for use with a custom domain were very easy and quick to set up. In addition, email hosting using Zoho with your domain is also free, which is a huge plus.

I also like that Zoho Mail features several other functions in its email client - including Calendar, Notes, Contacts and Tasks. All of which are useful and make Zoho Mail even better and more intuitive to use. As an email client, it is also extremely quick and responsive as should be expected from a decent email client. I also like that Zoho Mail has a mobile app that integrates seamlessly with your account and sends notifications and functions exactly how you'd expect a mobile email client app to work.

In addition, Zoho also has a huge range of preferences, settings and view options to tinker with to customise your experience which is appreciated. Though it can take quite a while to set everything to your liking. Also, as a small aside, Zoho Mail doesn't include any ads whatsoever, which is appreciated.

Cons

What I like least about Zoho Mail is its user interface. It is not bad by any means and it's fairly clean and intuitive to use - however, it can seem a bit alien and unfamiliar. Coming from other email clients like Outlook and Gmail, Zoho's interface is not as intuitive as these and is missing some shortcuts that I've grown familiar with on other email clients.

However, once you grow familair with the interface and how Zoho Mail works, it is perfectly fine for everyday use and could well become your go-to email solution.

Nathan L.

Great if you know how to set it up.

Reviewed on 2020/04/30

It's been great! After it is set up it's a powerful software that helps fuel my business as it grows.

Pros

Zoho Free Mail is a great free software that has fantastic capabilities. The ability to add up to five users for free and different groups such as support, info, no-reply, etc. are powerful for freemium software.

Cons

It's hard to set up if you don't know what you're doing. It requires adding and editing entries to you DNS host server for your domain hosting. If you don't know what that is, you might want to consider another solution.

Gmail

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

It is free and has great segmentation and group capabilities

Gmail

Cost
Felix J.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great for basic capabilities, lacking integration with other suites

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

Zoho Mail was a very solid experience during the time I used it for over 5 years. It was mostly stable with no major issues whatsoever. The setup was straightforward and I didn't have to switch into the "admin" role during day to day very often. It was quite set-it-and-forget-it for basic email duties. However, as time went on, their email solution and other included goodies felt more and more limited. With everyone using the big names of Gsuite and O365, still being stuck on Zoho's unheard of platform seemed more work than it was worth.

It's a great (free under 5 users) product​ if you're not looking to do anything fancy, and only care about basic functionality.

Pros

Zoho Mail worked well as a provider for my email on my custom domain. It has all of the features you would need out of a typical email provider, like Gmail​ or Outlook. It was simple to set up, just by adding an MX record into my DNS which took until 5 minutes. The UI is simple but powerful, and their advanced search tools helped me find emails from long ago that I wouldn't be able to find otherwise.

Since my only user was myself and an additional service account for miscellaneous sending purposes, I was using the "free" version, which is fully featured, but limited to 5 users. While the free version includes quite a lot of mail features, it is ultimately limited on mail storage, eventually causing me to move away. The free version also included access to some of Zoho's other products, including their contacts and calendar suite (expected with any email provider these days), as well as their office suite (think Word/Excel/Powerpoint). These were nice features to have included, but I ultimately did not use them too much, except for Contacts and Calendar.

Cons

Zoho is the underdog in the category of SaaS business suites, competing against GSuite and O365. While the product is fully featured and includes plenty of powerful tools, what it lacks is widespread support and integration, which ultimately made me move to O365, after using Zoho for 5 years. Their propriety storage and document solution are​ basically unheard of compared to Office Online (with OneDrive) and Google Docs (with Drive). Their IMAP/POP3, CalDav, and CardDav solutions are basic and fragmented, though the features are there. Furthermore, with the free account, I didn't get/expect any customer support so any problems were left to myself to fix (not many came up anyways).

Primarily, you lack integration with third parties and industry leaders with their services. They don't provide many plugins or connectors to external parties, and when they do, the options are lackluster. Don't expect to be able to automate things with Zoho.

Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

While just getting started with similar business suites, the choice for Zoho was clear, since they offered a generous free tier.

Meant for Startups and upto Medium Scale Business Mainly

Reviewed on 2019/08/10

The branding of the company and reputation as premium is what established via use of Zoho Mail. It is a very important factor in creating a trusted image among potential clients. In fact, it does maintain a reputation with ease of access at the companies end.

Pros

Ability to scale up and work as a team is the most approaching benefit of Zoho Mail.

further to it, on use I did find:

1. The Administrator can be a team and not just one person.
2. Role set up and Employee Addition, even with custom roles are very helpful for medium scale enterprises.
3. Has a good ability to make a company-wide policy for better implementation of compliances and related kinds of stuff without hassles.
4. The advanced and simple mode selection also helps for quite a good lot of employees.
5. The email authenticity details in every email are quite a helpful feature that will save a life from spams not available in Gsuite and likewise applications to extend Zoho has.

Cons

The Cost expenses of running full premium features are a setback to most of micro and nano scale enterprises. The Company does provide good lot feature even at free of cost but the overall pricing deters such enterprises to buy paid plans, thus reducing the inflow of such paid customers.

The privacy policies of companies present a loophole of the ability of admin to peek in an employee's email. It is like a sword with two edges, both beneficial and destructive too.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

The price factor and reliability factor were crucial in selection. But ease of access and trust issues were the factors that narrowed down the search. The value for money makes it win win situation.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Email Hosting in Constant Revamp Mode

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Since I am an active user and recommend this to my clients, I would defintiely say it's worth it, despite the spam stuff. Junk mail will be a pain no matter what.

The interface is pleasing and I do notice they are constantly working to make improvements and updating things

Pros

I use this daily and it's great. It is totally separate from my website hosting email and with a few settings on the server & on my domain registrar, my mail was set up. I use it on my local computer/devices OR I can also login and manage email on the web. I set up folders, filters, blacklist/whitelists, and love that I can create an alias email to give out if I don't want someone to have the private email.

Their support is good, despite taking a few days to get a response sometimes, but they are very friendly and always want to help you solve your problem. A few times, i've gotten phone calls and they've accessed my screen to help me troubleshoot an issue they aren't able to replicate which is miles above other support services these days.

If you choose, you can also use several other features like their contacts manager, calendar, tasks, and several other Zoho branded products (some free, some not).

It's straightforward and basic but to be clear: this is not a replacement for the mail system hyou use on your comptuer... it is an email HOSTING service = where your emails are stored. You still need to use an app on your computer/device to send/receive messages.

HUGE Pro: move to a new web host is a. All I need to do is change a few MX records at my domain registar, I never have to worry about losing email. The steps involved "may" require help but not hard to do.

You can set up a spam management system to either allow, bounce or quarantine msgs.

Cons

It seems like my email sometimes appears to be offline in my computer mail app. It's usually brief but it happens. The more recent setup for anti-spoofing settings were a pain in the butt to set up and I had to contact support for help b/c their instructions were wrong (but, like I said, they did help me and were eager to please).

The spam filtering feels limiting. I can only block emails/ domains. I wish I could add a spam filter based on subjects, keywords or phrases to swipe them in one action. The type of spam that we seem to get with the same topic yet comes from infinite number of addresses makes it a huge pain to manage. You have to login, go to your Control Panel & add the addresses/domains to the blacklist. If I could do this based on the subject line or keywords, I'd have to do this less often. I drown in emails & too many still get through (even if in my Junk folder), I don't want to ever see them.

Then, I seem to get a lot of false negatives. Legitimate people sometimes do not get through & again, need to check the spam settings, add them to the main whitelist & check the quarantine folder. These are more recent changes but it's increasing the time I spend, instead of reducing.

Benjamin J.
  • Industry: Automotive

Overall a great email solution but with it's quirks

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

We switched from an isp hosted email account because after many years the isp could not keep up with the times, were lacking ssl support, storage space was obismally small, and support took days to solve even the smallest issues where I could actually determine what needed to be fixed on their end before they could.

Zoho mail has taken all of that off of my plate, allowed me an easy way to manage most features company wide in single steps, and anytime I had a question support was always available to help, and even if their support couldn't fix problems we were having (such as the streams function) they have always been polite, professional, and eager to help any time of day or night.

If you're looking for an inexpensive but feature rich email suite for your company or even for the individual I couldn't recommend these guys more even with the minor quirks we have experienced.

Pros

The value for the money is obvious once you start using the software. Features for even the lowest tier paid plans include white and black lists, spam filtering, mailing lists, custom groups for email accounts, and a plethora of other things. Absolutely worth the measly cost they charge per year.

Out of the box you have full control via the admin panel to enable or disable pop or imap, create unlimited aliases per email, add signatures and company wide disclaimers to emails.

They have their own web interface, desktop and mobile applications that come included as well.

One if my absolute favorite features is the zohomail admin application for mobile which allows me to, in seconds, change any employees password if they forget it regardless of where I am.

Ssl, dkim, spf, are all available out of the box as well.

Cons

One of the most frustrating features of the software is the Streams feature. You can compare this to an email client trying to merge email with their own version of social media. For those looking for a feature such as this it may not be a huge issue for you, however I run IT for approximately 100 users and not a single person wants this feature, the problem being is it comes turned on by default.

Shut it off you say? If it were that easy I wouldn't be so annoyed by it. There is no admin level switch to turn off streams company wide. To do so every single user must individually log into the web application, find the streaming filter, and shut it off manually one by one...

The stream feature creates 2 folders called notifications and newsletters automatically that begins sorting mail based on zohos own specifications. If you have employees who are older and not tech savvy it is extremely difficult to train everyone to check 3 different folders (including inbox) for their mail when everything use to be located in the inbox alone.

After browsing through forums, support threads, etc it appears many companies and users have begged for an off switch company wide due to the exact same issue we still are plagued with for years now, however nothing had been done to rectify this time consuming and hassle of s "feature".

Dakota D.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

A learning experience that has helped me better understand the managing the finer points of...

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

I ended up learning a lot about the finer points of running a business. By being able to set up my own FREE email server, I now have my own "place" to host all of my work related emails, organize them to my liking, and further share it with the rest of my employees. With the Streams folders, it makes general communication between employees quick and easy, and moderated for appropriateness. It's an incredibly secure way to build a platform for business related communication, both with customers, and with my own team. Overall, this is one of the programs I accredit my budding success (and sanity) to.

Pros

The amount of internal organization this software has, has propelled the rate at which I'm able to get work done. I absolutely love the way you can filter through your emails based on an almost mind boggling amount of search fields. I especially love the attachment filter, as so many of my emails have pictures and PDFs. Even further, the interface for the server is very legible, and as you click through to your emails, the new windows cascade and expand to the right, making it easy to quickly scan for necessary information. The extra applications/plug-ins such as Group Calendars, Streams, Tasks, etc. make internal company communication SO EASY! Honestly, I could talk about the inter-connectivity of the software all day. Not to mention, it's very easy to configure your email with a custom domain server, and as a webmaster, that's just one less headache I want to deal with.

Cons

I first started using Zoho Mail when I was still learning how to write basic HTML and CSS code, and at the time there was a bit of a learning curve for myself when it came to the initial setup of the product. Some of the vocabulary I had yet to learn was throughout the email client, and made it somewhat hard to understand exactly what I was doing. With that being said, Zoho has literally hundreds of resources that are both directly from the company, and from other reliable sources, on how to overcome the "language barrier" and take you through the setup process set by step. So, although there is a learning curve with certain steps, there's still innumerable amounts of resources to help you through the process.

Syazwani I.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Good with organizing emails

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

Zoho Mail is better than my previous email hosting that my domain hosting has provided. There are option to access my mail from my mobile device, which i like very much and can access it from anywhere. There are also a tools to have a quick chat with my contact list.

Pros

Sending and receiving emails with Zoho Mail has never been a problem so far. Adding contact list in bulk is very possible and can work in multiple type of file format like .TXT and excel. Creating a template for my email like footnote and signature is easy and has many option like font style and color to customized it.

Cons

There are limited user that can be add for the domain, and will include more fees to add more user. Adding a domain is not easy as it should be, the MX records is not easily recognized by this software and keep showing error. There are no detailed manual to the problem that I face, and only after seeking support from the customer service the problem is fixed.

Sreejith V.

Best email solution for Startup

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

It's an years of trust and still going on! We never had any situation to contact the support for addressing any issue.

Pros

I am using Zoho Mail for years now and there was no issue at all. The mail delivery is good, less spam and can control everything at Control Panel.

Easy to use and configure for Admins in terms of management, Security features, multi-domain email hosting, Domain name striping (really good feature), Mobile App with basic management feature, Email Groups, SPAM control etc.

We haven't experienced any mail drops or mail reputation issue so far ( 3-4 years).

Another advantage with Zoho is the integration with other Zoho App and 3rd party applications.

Cons

Easy to use and easy to configure for admins.
It would be good if some more features are added in Zoho Mail Admin mobile app.

Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

We were looking for a budget email service. Zoho was offering free email accounts for limited users without a duration limit. While other alternatives were for 30 days limit or only paid.