Zoho Mail

Secure email hosting & mailbox management for business users

Maisarah H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Best for personal and business email management

Reviewed on 2021/03/05

Zoho Mail is a good software for a basic email usage like sending and receiving email or storing an email.

Pros

Hosting a business email with Zoho Mail is very affordable and they also offers a very good tools to managing the admin area and tools to filter the spam email from flooding my primary email folder. Great security comes with this service and feel secure suing this service.

Cons

Zoho Mail is on the lightweight categorize in term of email service software. There are no option to build a landing site from this software unlike other email services like Gmail.

Tomasz S.

Zoho Mail: feature-packed, customizable online e-mail client

Reviewed on 2021/01/28

It was a great service until Zoho decided completely revamp the interface a few years ago. Someone somewhere said Mobile First as if desktop users went extinct from Sunday to Monday. But if your job is to reply to 300 email per day, you do rely on desktop! So the revamp had a lot or me-too, half-baked ideas borrowed from other email providers that were implemented in hurry with no respect to users. There was a bloodshed on Zoho boards and Zoho started closing threads as "solved" (as you do). The technical support response time went from days to weeks. Zoho approach was: "well, try using it for some time, get used and we are sure you will like it!" Nasty. For some time I went back to use the email client on my server. Then, very slowly, step by step, Zoho started improving what they broke in the first place. Rolled back a few old features. Added a few new ones people have requested for months. And you know what, it is a great email client now, admittedly better than it was, even though some problems have never been fixed. All in all the major crisis it is a happy marriage now.

Pros

It is a reliable email client that lets me send and receive emails from multiple domains. I rely on templates a lot and they can be neatly nested. Importantly Zoho is ahead of Google when it comes to features such as scheduling emails for example (because a group of avid users, including myself, kept bringing this up on forums and finally Zoho took it up or so it seems to me anyway). Tagging and flagging works like a charm, you can have multiple, nested folders, multiple signatures. Also, threaded view is an option that can be easily turned off, which I do really appreciate as I still have not figured out how to turn it off in Gmail. Finally, the technical support is prompt and helpful.

Cons

My biggest gripe is that you must have one domain parked on Zoho to be able to use it. Secondly POP3/SMTP/IMAP are supported so you can send and receive emails from other domains, too, but you won't avail of collaborative features of Zoho Email. I was told by Zoho tech support that unless I move the domain to Zoho, I won't be able to set up a master email account from which I could push or tag emails for attention of other staff. So we do keep forwarding emails as if 90s were not over yet! The reason why I am not moving the domain to Zoho is my past experience with Zoho. Admittedly over the years the service is much more reliable with less or literally no downtime, but I did suffer in the past and I do prefer to keep the copies of emails on the server that is not with Zoho just in case. Finally, the mobile app - many features are not part of it. So you need the desktop after all. I rely on desktop anyway but it is shocking that in this day and age, Zoho does not get mobile experience right

Dakota D.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

A learning experience that has helped me better understand the managing the finer points of...

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

I ended up learning a lot about the finer points of running a business. By being able to set up my own FREE email server, I now have my own "place" to host all of my work related emails, organize them to my liking, and further share it with the rest of my employees. With the Streams folders, it makes general communication between employees quick and easy, and moderated for appropriateness. It's an incredibly secure way to build a platform for business related communication, both with customers, and with my own team. Overall, this is one of the programs I accredit my budding success (and sanity) to.

Pros

The amount of internal organization this software has, has propelled the rate at which I'm able to get work done. I absolutely love the way you can filter through your emails based on an almost mind boggling amount of search fields. I especially love the attachment filter, as so many of my emails have pictures and PDFs. Even further, the interface for the server is very legible, and as you click through to your emails, the new windows cascade and expand to the right, making it easy to quickly scan for necessary information. The extra applications/plug-ins such as Group Calendars, Streams, Tasks, etc. make internal company communication SO EASY! Honestly, I could talk about the inter-connectivity of the software all day. Not to mention, it's very easy to configure your email with a custom domain server, and as a webmaster, that's just one less headache I want to deal with.

Cons

I first started using Zoho Mail when I was still learning how to write basic HTML and CSS code, and at the time there was a bit of a learning curve for myself when it came to the initial setup of the product. Some of the vocabulary I had yet to learn was throughout the email client, and made it somewhat hard to understand exactly what I was doing. With that being said, Zoho has literally hundreds of resources that are both directly from the company, and from other reliable sources, on how to overcome the "language barrier" and take you through the setup process set by step. So, although there is a learning curve with certain steps, there's still innumerable amounts of resources to help you through the process.

Sreejith V.

Best email solution for Startup

Reviewed on 2020/06/25

It's an years of trust and still going on! We never had any situation to contact the support for addressing any issue.

Pros

I am using Zoho Mail for years now and there was no issue at all. The mail delivery is good, less spam and can control everything at Control Panel.

Easy to use and configure for Admins in terms of management, Security features, multi-domain email hosting, Domain name striping (really good feature), Mobile App with basic management feature, Email Groups, SPAM control etc.

We haven't experienced any mail drops or mail reputation issue so far ( 3-4 years).

Another advantage with Zoho is the integration with other Zoho App and 3rd party applications.

Cons

Easy to use and easy to configure for admins.
It would be good if some more features are added in Zoho Mail Admin mobile app.

Dennis I.

How can anyone go wrong with exceptional service and support? After all, it's FREE.

Reviewed on 2016/04/29

Have utilized Zoho for a few years now. Found it available as an alternative to gmail with concerns for privacy and available support. Even though back in those times Zoho did not offer any mobile apps, I found Zoho to be be of a great value and strong potential to build a great value proposition to their users. And... My expectations came to fruition. Zoho has not let me down.

Today I had to find out why one of my messages (an important one, if I may add) was not delivered to a recipient. I copied the subject, time stamp, "to" credentials and sent it to [email protected] 12 hours later I received a thoughtful and thorough explanations (with visual data backing-up) on why my e-mail WAS delivered, but recipients server filtering out and deleting it through their spam protection. Steps were offered to remedy such instance not to happen in the future. I was "floored..."

Today I have noticed that their Android and iPhone apps are present and function very well. Integration with mail clients is a breeze to configure. "Cloud" and support of such is available and we have no issues using it.

Overall, I'm impressed with Zoho and their growing pains are very limited. From user perspective - I have not noticed any hurdles or bugs or goofy approaches to simplified mail service approach. Their new e-mail interface was not pushed onto me, but suggested to use. Still not sure if I like it and the option to revert to "old" and proven interface is still there for me in case I change my mind.

How can anyone go wrong with such service if it is FREE, I thought?! When I'm asked to provide my e-mail, I proudly spell out "@-Z-O-H-O.com" and questions follow - "What is Zoho?" My typical answer is - "One of my best kept secrets..."

I was one of the first to sign-up with gmail and am glad I discovered Zoho to be one of their first users as well. Give them a try - they are working out their support streamline and response SLAs are acceptable.

Pros

Free
Short support SLAs
Android, iPhon apps
Ability to scale up or down in pricing depending on your needs
Stable mail platform
Courteous and Polite associates
Cloud storage
Many options for businesses for paid and free accounts

Cons

None that I have found so far

Alex B.

Amazing

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Zoho mail is fantastic, and a no-brainer to sign up for if you use their other apps. It's one of the core things they are great at. Especially if you sign up for Zoho One.

Pros

Zoho mail is unbelievable, and we have used it many years. It has extremely high quality phone and browser app. We have been using it everyday for years.

It integrates into your other Zoho apps, which is amazing. For example, in Zoho CRM, you can find a customer, and it will display all of your email conversations in their CRM record for you. For a sales person, its' great to see where you left off.

In the mail app, some neat features are- scheduling emails to be sent at a later date. Customization of the interface. Taking notes, saving contacts for quick reference, and this year they had a big overhaul of their search capabilities.

Cons

Honestly, there's not much to say for what we don't like. In rare occurences, maybe 1-2 times a year, Zoho's service might be down. But in our experience, it hasn't been for longer than 15 minutes and hasn't been a huge hassle at all.

Andres C.

Zoho mail is up to par with Gmal or Outlook

Reviewed on 2019/12/11

Overall, accessing and managing your email whether by desktop, tablet or phone will be seamless with Zoho Mail. We have used the tool for 4+ years, and one thing that has impressed me is the continuous improvement in the tool. Zoho mail has come up a long way to improve the look and feel of their solution.

Pros

Zoho mail is super intuitive and easy to use. Anyone using gmail or outlook will find that transitioning to Zoho mail is quick and simple. The functionality to send and receive email is what you would expect of a mature solution. Besides, with the premium version (which is much more affordable) you can also access Zoho mail from your gmail, outlook, or third party app in your phone. If you choose to use the free version, you can simply download their mail app.

Cons

The one limiting factor in the free version is space. It only provides 5 GB compared to 15 GB in gmail or outlook. But, for branded corporate email, if it comes to a point where you need more space, Zoho's premium version is still more affordable.

Gerardo B.
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Zoho Mail is a nice and intuitive email platform

Reviewed on 2020/03/15

In the company where I work we provide technical support to the different departments through the Zoho Mail email service, which allows us to easily organize emails and schedule the resolution of possible incidents in your calendar. Additionally, it gives us an identity as a company for our clients by being able to use our own domain.

Pros

Zoho Mail has many important features to highlight, for starters, the design of its user interface is very intuitive and easy to use. This software has other strengths such as a calendar that allows for better management of incoming emails. I must also point out that this software is multidomain, so it allows you to associate different domains in a single email.

Cons

What I really dislike about this software is its customer service, sometimes there are preventive locks because it enters from a location other than that you enter frequently and as the unlocking cannot be carried out by the same person, you must resort to your support team, and it really takes them a long time to answer.

Alex M.
  • Industry: Tobacco

Has Gotten Very Restrictive. Some Difficult Configuring

Reviewed on 2019/08/08

Pros

When we first set up Zoho Mail (years ago), the free version held everything we needed. Now it is very restrictive and not worth the struggle to set up. The older versions still works quite well though

Cons

Integrating with other tools and devices was difficult. The limited versions are quite limited. Also, terrible spam filtering (filters known contacts in spam occasionally and not always catching obvious spam)

Megan M.
  • Industry: Printing

Very happy

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

Pros

We use Zoho mail for our team of 20+ employees and are very happy with its features and ease of use. We use the integrated chat feature to communicate easily with each other.

Cons

There are occassional glitches - like the search feature just won't work for a few hours. Or there was a hacking incident last year that stopped all email. But the issues are usally fixed quickly and I have had issues with any other provider I've ever used (Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook and small custom services).

Teresa F.

Solid E-mail hosting platform, a bit too much clutter

Reviewed on 2020/07/15

I use Zoho Mail daily, as it is the e-mail host my company uses. Overall, it serves its purpose as an email host. It occasionally fails to receive newsletters I send from my company. The only improvement I would appreciate is having the email content take up more screen space.

Pros

As an e-mail host, it does it's job. The user experience is simple and intuitive. There's not a big learning curve to using Zoho Mail.

Cons

As a user, I feel that the UI is a bit too cluttered, which detracts my attention from the actual content of the emails I'm reading/sending.

I feel like the space given to the actual e-mail is too small and I would like the option to see it in fullscreen without having it popping up in a new window.

I occasionally send newsletters - either from Mailchimp or EmailOctupus - that simply aren't received by my Zoho email (not even in the Spam folder), but that are received by my Gmail email.

Excellent mail client

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

We use Zoho Mail to manage email for clients that can't afford or don't want to spend the money on GSuite or Outlook.

Pros

Zoho Mail is a very affordable option for teams that want email at their domain. It has many features that the more popular email clients offer and you can start using it for free. Their web interface has improved a ton over the years and it's honestly fairly similar to their largest competitor.

Cons

I still prefer to use other webmail interfaces because it's what I'm used to, so I generally forward my Zoho mail to a Gmail account. That said, Zoho's interface has gotten more similar to that of Gmail, so that might not be an issue for everyone.

I really like Zoho Email

Reviewed on 2019/03/10

Overall very good!

Pros

First off, let me say, that the user interface has VASTLY improved.
If you used it in the past and were not impressed, give it another try.

Secondly I like the fact that it is enterprise ready. Even the free account lets you use all the SMTP, third party domains, security features, etc.

Also it is FAST. The UI runs really quickly and even if you have a large amount of emails it runs really quickly.

Finally, its integrated with all the other Zoho tools. They are all native to each other, and you can access them quickly from Zoho Email

Cons

The Admin panel is a bit hard to find. I recommend they don't put it behind two clicks.

Anil J.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Zoho Mail is a free, but really robust email hosting service provider.

Reviewed on 2018/07/07

Pros

The search feature is very robust and flexible and you have an additional attachment filter, which you can use in case of sending pictures. You can get a domain name and set an account for absolutely free, unlike other providers. Internal communication has been made simpler with group calendars and chat features. The setup process is quite simple. The absence of advertisements. The graphical user interface is very clean, and in fact intuitive. You will find folders to organize all of your emails. The application is integrated with google docs and other Zoho apps.

Cons

Themes take a lot of time to load. The absence of newsletter feature. You have to pay for additional storage ( above 5GB). It is not possible to import contacts from your social media.

Ankit J.

I have been using ZohoMail for past 4 years now. It is Incredible for its cost.

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

I have been using Zoho Mail for the past 4 years. I have recommended the same to over 60 of my clients.
It gives the same features as GSuite, with 25 users free and 5GB per account. What more you can ask for.
It is perfect email solution for SME, Startups.

Pros

So many positive points this one has:
1. Free for 25 users.
2. 5 GB per account.
3. Seamless start in 15 min.
4. Highly Secure.
5. Free Mobile App
6. Inbuilt team chat
7. Easy Dashboard
8. White Label Email
9. Super Cost effective as compared to Gsuite.

Cons

For the cost it is at, I dont have much complains.
However, support can be a lot better.
Mail Filters and search can be better.

Ilyas P.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Perfect for Startups

Reviewed on 2019/08/29

Pros

Small organizations like startups can use Zoho Mail as their email provider since they provide free email accounts up to 25 with enough storage. Zoho is a growing business, because of that they're continuously improving their applications for the last few years.
It's easy to set up and administration part also very user-friendly.

Cons

Now for new accounts, they are adding more restrictions like no mail forwarding etc. Earlier it was available for all the users.

Félix manuel G.
  • Industry: Design

Great for corporate emails and customer support!

Reviewed on 2019/12/04

We manage all the customer support and the company work emails using Zoho and it's great!

Pros

It's really secure, easy to use and has a lot of functionalities you can't find in other email providers. And the best part is all you can get for free!

Cons

It's a bit complicated if you have never used it before. It has so many functionalities you can get lost if it's your first time with the software.

Matt C.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Zoho Mail is a good free email service, although their security measures leave a lot to be...

Reviewed on 2020/03/26

Pros

This service is ad-free. It's nice to be able to check your e-mail without having the screen cluttered with ads.

Cons

It's a little too secure. I shouldn't have to download a bunch of extra apps just to verify my log-in. They have had me download their own verification app which then prompted to download Google's verification app for even further verification. WHen a simple text to my phone number would suffice.

Sundeep G.

Zoho mail is the best for small businesses.

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

Pros

I was tasked with finding simple, reliable and easy to setup email server for a small business. I didn't believe Zoho mail when I first found it but I was proven wrong, Zoho mail had everything I wished for, it was easy to setup, easy to use and reliable. I have set up the email within an hour and everything was up and running with a couple of hours. There was no looking back after that. The sweetest thing about all the experience is that Zoho mail is absolutely free.

Cons

There is really nothing you can complain about when you can set up an email server at free of cost and it does everything that is expected.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Always reliable and updated

Reviewed on 2020/09/30

Good, will still use it until Zoho close their door :)

Pros

While other mail software try to limit us with storage, ads or others but zoho prove they loyal to the simple mail solution. No ads, nothing that makes me annoyed and they are reliable

Cons

Due to their rich features, their UI sometimes hard to understand for the first time. But it's okay, quite familiar after learn it for a while

• Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Fantastic email hosting for your business.

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

Incredibly positive. I would recommend anyone exploring the market for an email host to start with the free version to see if it meets your needs and then upgrade based on your requirements.

Pros

I run a small business as a side hobby along with my primary work. And I needed someone for email hosting. Zoho turned out to be the perfect thing. Their pricing is super flexible and for a small side business (like mine) they even offer a free version that lets you set up your email hosting and use it for free. Dont let the "free" bit bring you down, even the cheapest/free option is fully feature packed. Its also really simple to set up. We used GoDaddy and Zoho will give you step by step instructions, including pictures on how to set it up. It had me going withing 15 minutes of signing up. And I was able to add additional users effortlessly. VERY highly recommended.

Cons

The web interface is a little clunky. The default folders can cause your emails to end up in different locations than what you would like. But its all fixable with a few clicks.

Cynthia H.

Free business email with great features.

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

Zoho Mail is great for small businesses but it can also be for personal use as well. Setting up a free email account is easy and smooth. Users need a working mobile number in order to verify their identity. The free email is easy to use and it can send or receive messages without any issues. They also have a mobile app so I can check my email while on the go.

Cons

The free email account has a limit for number of users and storage. You need to upgrade in order to unlock the higher storage.

Sharon H.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Zoho review

Reviewed on 2020/09/15

The mail program was the best part of overall didn't work for us.

Pros

Initially it appeared it would be the best choice for my sales team. But the customer support was terrible. Only once we found a local person (whom we had to pay for) did we get some of our issues resolved. I did like that it integrated with gmail. That was probably the most positive part of the software. We have switched to Maghub and so far (since March) we are extremely happy.

Cons

It wasn't set up for newspapers better fit for manufacturing.

Prince K.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Recommended for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2019/08/26

Zoho is a great platform which is easy to use and great for small business

Pros

The software is great for someone who is just starting out their business. I use the mail function with a domain to look more professional to my clients. It doesn't give me any issues and I have been completely satisfied up to this point.

Cons

If there was a way to make it look more like outlook that would help. Sometimes when I open emails, the email trail gets confusing and I can't find the documents I need right away.

Fernando B.

Perfect for SMB

Reviewed on 2018/07/16

Pros

I started using the free version, I witched to the Pro edition and started using my two domains. I like that you can buy your domain with them. Its got everything you would need in a SMB email.

Cons

They should try to simplify the admin UI, it has a lot of options and tools with too many menu. I don't like the new theme, its very slow old one was faster.