Anne O.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Exceptional Software

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We use RE as our prime report writing software for our Security Department. The software fits our needs, and then some, perfectly. We use several of the options such as, daily events log, reports, parking permits and property. The software enables all of us in the department to be informed and current with happenings on campus. The reports produced by RE are professional looking and contain all of the information needed.
Setting up RE was simple, even for a non-techie like me. I called on RE support a few times and they were great. Each time I called them they were able to assist me with my questions.
I would highly recommend RE to other security departments

Pros

The professional reports that are produced and the options that enable us to track items: parking permits, property, reports.

Cons

The inability to register more than one vehicle to the same owner/driver and to produce two separate permits.

Leonard H.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

Police Officer (RMS Administrator)

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Like the program. User-friendly and does not take a long time for officers to learn and start using. I am able to add to the list as I find that new issues and laws are changed year to year.
Have had nothing but good support from your tech. and teaching areas when I have had a problem or an issue with the program. They have helped me step by step and even directed me to videos that would help in the future. Great Job!

Pros

Easy to use and officer friendly.

Cons

Some what hard to use with UCR not all the information comes out in a usable form.

Lance K.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Used to be a great product

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

The now Omnigo, formally Report Exec, used to be a great company. I've noticed a huge decline in customer service and support. When I call customer support I'm always on hold for more than 10 minutes and have to call in again. It is very difficult because they have us, our data cannot be exported out of the software. I would have given Omnigo a 4.5/5 rating in our first year. However, the decline in many features and services has brought to express my concerns an opinions.

Pros

Highly customizable and generally easy to use. Provides many useful features when working properly.

Cons

Before Report Exec merged into Omnigo they were a great company and provided excellent service. Now, the system crashes and our data at one point was corrupted leaving me to fix the errors for many months. I've voiced my concerns resulting in little response or initiative from them to correct the issue. In addition, every year the cost per license continues to increase. Lastly, The app is still very "clunky" and doesn't provide for a fast login or even an option for touch ID. For a tech company specializing in software, I expected better.

Bob D.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

A very usable, efficient records management tool.

Reviewed on 2016/12/20

We chose Report Exec Enterprise several years ago as our first venture into computerized records management. We use the online version, i.e., do not use local servers for data storage. Overall the program is very good, although there are tweaks to the search functions that would make data extraction more accessible. I cannot say enough good things about the customer support team; I have them on the auto dial and they are always eager and competent to/in resolving our dilemmas.

Pros

Good price, dependable, off-site record keeping.

Cons

Supervisory data access via reports is limited, sometimes by presenting more data than we need and other times not enough. Also, the online instruction manuals are not always fully informative.

Ed W.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Report Exec is a great tool for reporting and dispatching.

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Report Exec has streamlined our process, officers and dispatchers find it easy to use. The reporting feature for month end reports provides great information for analyzing data and targeting patrols. Our department has had great experiences with customer support and issues have been resolved in a short time frame.

Pros

Easy of use.

Heidi B.

Security Manager

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We've had some struggles this year with our software. I have worked with several great people to try and resolve some of our issues. I have worked with other systems in the past and feel this system is a little more complicated than others. I was disappointed to find out mobile was going to be an additional charge because I was lead in a different direction when I was first told about it.

Pros

We love that we can place an officer on two calls at once.

Cons

We continue to have issues with the dispatch software since the upgrade. The calls continue to hang up in the dispatch field just to start the call. It really takes a long time to get the call in. Dispatchers also struggle to get current info on a person if on a current trespass or in the system. We were told it should run this as soon as you enter someone in. It appears as it is not doing this.

Lisa M.

Senior Administrative Assistant

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Report Exec Enterprise is a great LE software. We love the functionality and ease of use. We are very please in our decision to go with CESI.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

None noted.

Thomas B.

Indispensable Tracking Software

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Our college has been using Report Exec software for over 5 years and it has been a tremendous tool in helping maintain accurate reports, daily logs, and visitor key tracking. The features and functionality of the software make it easy to review historical data and identify trends in criminal activity on campus. This is the only software I have seen over the years that incorporates so many critical elements into one complete package. Beyond the great software product, all of the staff are easy to work with and provide outstanding customer service. This is a company that is good at what it does and it shows on all levels.

Brad S.

Excellent Security Solution for Campus Safety/Security Departments

Reviewed on 2016/12/19

Report Exec meets the unique functionality needs of College / University security departments or police departments. Clery reporting is a breeze with the included Clery module. The daily crime log can be produced on demand saving time and money.

Timothy r D.

Versatile Software!

Reviewed on 2016/12/19

This software has been a great addition to our Public Safety program! We have finally found a way to integrate our service program in the Medical Center's quality goals.

Captain richard M.
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

The most bang for your buck!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

The enterprise program is one of the most complete entry level systems around with expandability and design options that rival much more expensive competitors. With over 12 years in the partnership we couldn't be happier with the product! The ability to run reports in an instant, document compliance with ease, and manage the daily operational needs of the department is supported with a robust system on a minimal platform. The web based software frees up on site storage space while maintaining security and back ups through a variety of backend options.

The only thing better than the product is the phenomenal customer support! In over a decade there has not been one item that wasn't rectified immediately, completely, and with the utmost of professionalism! If you are looking to upgrade your current system, ask yourself the same thing we did. What is more important than getting someone immediately to address your needs regardless of time or need? For us it was a no brainer. Report Exec Enterprise from CESI is the par excellance we choose over and over again each day!

Pros

The adaptability and integration options.

Cons

I haven't found it yet

Matt J.

ReportExec Dispatch and Reports

Reviewed on 2016/12/16

Overall the software is very helpful and easy to use with great features that fill most of our needs. At times the new features or updates can be frustrating but still not a hindrance to get use to it.

Pros

Usefulness and reports.

Cons

At times can be slow, especially dispatch. I do not like the new(er) report view that relies on filters instead of being able define a search in individual fields.

Chris B.

Useful Product

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Overall very positive: ran into major hurdle shortly after full implementation which CSEI worked on for two months to get resolved. Very responsive to customer inquiries, very good customer service. Very little down time, when unavoidable it is always explained. CEO himself actually made a round of calls after an extended issue a year or so ago.

Pros

Ease of use, easy to train staff on. High-quality features and good product look. Our area prosecutor prefers our format over neighboring agencies.

Cons

I have no major issues with the software. The back end admin side is a bit difficult to navigate but this is more likely due to my lack of expertise more than anything.

Tom C.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Report Exec - a great incident reporting software sytem

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

We have used Report Exec since 2012. Prior to that time, we utilized a home grown system that no longer served our needs. We put out an RFP and looked into, compared and contrasted a number of incident reporting, Clery compliant, software product. Report Exec was easily customizable for our needs. It is easy to work with in all aspects. the College has more recently purchased for the Dean of Student's office, Maxient. Report Exec and Maxient have collaborated together so that our incident reports flow into the Maxient product seamlessly, saving time and effort by us. We are extremely happy with Report Exec!!

Pros

Easy of use, customization, company easy to work with

Cons

nothing

Cameron C.
  • Industry: Public Safety
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great Software and Support

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Working with Report Exec for 6 years now, there has never been a time where I have felt unimportant. Tech Support is ready to lend an assist, quick response and aids in the "I forgot how to's." The integration of information is excellent and is the one-stop shop for our public safety needs. I am excited about the new features in development and look forward to the continued partnership between PBA and Report Exec.

Pros

Integration, all aspects of Report Exec talk to each other. Dispatch initiates all activity for the officers, so the connection between both Dispatch and Report Exec allows for the flow from one to the other and vice versa.

Cons

The Scheduling Module is a little complicated to use due to the dynamic nature of our institution and providing coverage.

Phillip N.
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Security Supervisor

Reviewed on 2016/12/15

Good, got a response from my first need for assistance. Very helpful, went to gotomeeting.com and assisted with some basic training. Thanks,

Pros

Like the ability to combine information into graphs and charts for review.

Cons

New to me so at this point don't have any cons.

Heather T.

Best consolidated system for CAD/RMS

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We have been customers of Report Exec Direct since 2007 and have never been disappointed with the customer service or capabilities of the program.

Pros

Multifunctional

Cons

When you switch a CAD/Report group assignment, a new case number is issued

Byron B.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Report Exec Appreciation

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Report Exec has professionalized our department. It allows us to track trends, document events and reward those officers who excel in reporting writing/service.

Pros

Data Collection

Cons

N/a

Robert J.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Dir of Security

Reviewed on 2016/12/09

I wish the Workplace violence module was better, such a major topic these days and it really is not set up to use the data generated for end of year reports. I have to say on a positive note it is one of the better reporting systems out on the market

Alan C.

Report Exec cloud application!

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

We switched from hosting Report Exec Prof. to the cloud-based Enterprise version. The new version is more organized, user-friendly and much faster. Support is great, they stay on top of your personal issues and verify all fixes. 1 year in and we are extremely satisfied so far.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of administration, great support!

Barney M.

Report Exec System at Northwestern Memorial Hospital Chicago Illinois

Reviewed on 2014/03/03

We have been using the Report Exec System since 2011. The system is very easy to use even for those who do not have the sharpest computer skills. Creating incident reports is a breeze and running reports on the historical data is extremely easy as well. We used to operate on a paper based report writing system which was not working from an archiving and retrieval standpoint. The folks CESI did a great job assisting us in preparing and customizing our system to accomodate for the large Northwestern Medicine System. We also use the Report Exec system as a repository for other documents that our officers need to have access to. The best part of this solution is that it does not require extensive IT resources on my end to maintain the system. It is a great system and I would reccomend it to anyone.

Jake A.

Report Exec Survey

Reviewed on 2016/12/19

I have a lot of experience with report exec here at my job. I really like some options like the day/night time theme, wish you guys would add more, like where we could change the font color or something. The report search is ok with the new update, but I would like if it had an actual search tab instead of one you have to search for. Overall it is easy to work once you get to know the system.

Mike S.

Report Exec a great product

Reviewed on 2016/12/19

Report Exec replaced an old system that my company used. It was home grown with no ability to customize anything. Report Exec has solved a lot of our needs, and most importantly, aside from the great analytics -- the customer service is top notch!!

Tiffany B.

Report Exec. Is Great

Reviewed on 2017/01/16

My experience with Report Exec. has been great. It's easy to use and I know it's hands down one of the best software systems out there. The system is very easy to use, and it's easily to fit to your needs as well as the company needs.

David g. V.

This software is fairly simple to use and is fairly forgiving.

Reviewed on 2015/08/05

Some of the aspects are of American persuasion I have been unable to change. PROS.... I am challenged in computers so if I can operate this then it must be good. Support Staff such as George WOOF are a huge asset to this product!