Cisco WebEx Reviews

Cisco WebEx

Voice and video conferencing with screen sharing

4.4/5 (2508 reviews)

WebEx Meeting Center better than Business Link

Reviewed on 6/28/2018

WebEx Meeting Center is the best software out there that is good for companies with 10,000+ employees. It is seamless and is easy to use. Never had any issues using this software!

Pros

When I started working, I was first introduced in using "Business Link" whenever we have client calls or conference bridge calls, and I thought that is already a great application used for conferences. However, when I transferred to Conduent (formerly known as Xerox) from Convergys, I now use WebEx Meeting Center whenever I do client calls, and conference calls with team members spread throughout the globe, and it surpassed my expectations.

I or we (in the company) never had any problems using WebEx Meeting Center. WebEx Meeting Center is an easy to use software that lets you connect with people all around the globe at once without any worries of line interruption, inconvenient dialing-in process, and downtimes.

WebEx Meeting Center lets team members record conference meetings and training, and this is very helpful since it provides us a video or file that we can cling to just in case we want to review what transpired on the call.

Its video capability is also beneficial for me as a workforce manager since I can assess non-verbal cues of my clients, subordinates, and bosses.

Cons

This software is very convenient to use, and I think I can't ask for more, and I never had any problems using this software so I guess this is N/A for me.

The best platform that I've ever used for web conferencing and collaboration

Reviewed on 5/23/2018

Pros

What I like most about Webex is just how generally good it is. Of all the business applications that are used in my organization, Webex is one that I've come to trust that it will always be working, and working well. It is easy to use, and the quality of the calls are top notch. Our organization uses a number of web conferencing services, including some that we host internally on our own infrastructure, and I often recommend Webex over our own internal service as it is just that much better in terms of quality. Despite the fact that it lives outside our network, I have never noticed any bandwidth or performance issues, and this is saying something considering that our internet link is notoriously inadequate. Of the variety of external services that we do use, I've found that some are often finnicky or don't work, but Webex works 100% of the time. It is my go to for large scale meetings where quality and reliability are of the utmost importance, because I know that it will deliver.

Cons

One gripe I've always had with Webex are some of the quirks surrounding audio. For one, the functionality where call in users are linked with their web sessions is pretty weak. While you can certainly do that, I've found that people don't really understand how it works, and we typically end up with about 75% of call in users who are not linked, which can make it really difficult to figure out who is speaking. Improving that process would definitely enhance the experience. Also, integrated audio and teleconference audio do not seem to link, which is a bit odd and annoying,. it would be great to bridge those two audio services, so that all users can hear each other, regardless of which audio option they are using.

Most convenient meeting setup

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Virtual collaboration with colleagues all over the world is simple and effective.

Pros

Generally I have to join a lot of meetings from different vendors using their meeting software but I find webex meetings from Cisco launch very quickly and it does not require any additional installation or setup. We click on the link that the invitee created and then it automatically starts the software if installed locally or asks for launching a temporary application in Chrome to start the meeting. All this process takes less than a minute to complete. Time is of the essence when trying to join back to back meetings.
The software has very intuitive interface for dialing in, screen sharing and chatting. 3 major features visible on the front screen and all others neatly hidden.
Sharing and whiteboarding is a breeze with the software.

The coolest thing about this is that it has a mobile app that is as simple as the laptop interface.

The software allows for recording the sessions and the output files are minimal in size for sharing. This means that the compression software is very good.

Overall a great solution for conducting meetings virtually.

Cons

It would be great if there was an option to share browser screen on mobile devices.

Very solid, no fuss meeting software

Reviewed on 11/29/2018

I am very happy with my experience so far. One of my major concerns whenever we move to a new software is support. If I run into issues, I like to have competent people help me. Webex did a great job.

Pros

I used this for both sales presentations and internal team meetings. What I loved most about it was that it was really easy to set up. And not just easy for me but for the other people attending the meeting with me. If you are giving a sales presentation last thing you want is your potential client to have issues with the presentation software and I have happy to report that Webex never let me down. My users were always able to connect very seamlessly and join the meetings. I also liked how easy it was to record my meetings, it just does so with a single click. That is a really nice feature to have in case you want to go back and review meetings to see where things can be improved.

It also worked really nicely when I was travelling and working off a Hotel Wifi. I did run into a couple of issues over the period that I used it but their support staff was really helpful. The senior tech support team even called me back afterwards to make sure my problem was fixed for good. The invites you send out have an Outlook calendar attachment with them so it integrates very nicely with Outlook.

Was also pretty happy with the pricing. There are cheaper alternatives around (I used some of them) but the price difference is negligible and I was happy enough with what I got for my money. They also offer a free trial so thats something I would recommend you consider if you are looking to see if this will work for you.

Cons

I would like to have had a stand alone app that I could run from the desktop for scheduling meetings, logging into the website to set one up takes up time. Maybe there is such a thing already there but if it is, I must have missed it.

WebEx Makes Meeting with Team Members Easy

Reviewed on 10/9/2018

I use Cisco WebEx on a daily basis for conference calls with clients. Having the WebEx app integrated into my Outlook calendar makes setting up new calls very easy. Clients who do not have WebEx have found the software to be very easy to use and value the tools like screen share and video chat. Before we switched to WebEx, we were stuck using a standard conference call dial-in number. WebEx makes calls more engaging and productive for our employees and our clients.

Pros

WebEx is a great tool for having clear meetings with colleagues that could be 10 feet away or 10,000 miles away. I like the multi-functionality of WebEx, in that users can call in using their phone, talk via their computer's microphone, or even video conference if needed. The share screen tool and present tool make it very easy for others on the conference to view what you are seeing. Finally, the integration of WebEx with Outlook mail makes it super easy to invite people to meetings and have those meetings go directly to your calendar.

Cons

There isn't much not to like about WebEx. It is a very functional web, video, and teleconferencing tool that makes businesses more productive. The one thing I think WebEx could improve on is it's user interface. The WebEx application design could be a bit more robust.

WebEx is my favorite online meeting place software

Reviewed on 8/1/2018

Easy to use and share information: good for quick, long distance meetings where you need to share your screen, for webinars with hundreds of participants, and for classes that require participation as well.

Pros

I've used a few different meeting-facilitating softwares and WebEx is by far my favorite. I like that you can have controlled amounts of interactivity based on your needs, you can lock down specific controls, you can use phone and/or voip without issue. I primarily used WebEx in my role as a software instructor and the added benefit of the Hands On Lab feature made teaching over long distances much easier. The ability to schedule, reschedule, and create instant sessions is also great.

Overall, WebEx is the most intuitive and flexible meeting software I have used.

Cons

Sometimes the icons get a little tricky looking, and I think they could have more options for chat emoji reactions, but that is pretty minor.

Sometimes there is a bit of lag, when sharing information, connecting to other computers, etc, but this is likely a network issue and not inherant to WebEx.

It seems like sometimes the invitations that should be sent upon setup of a session are not sent. Or, if this is due to user error, the method of inviting participants is clunky and can get confusing.

The time being AM/PM in the scheduling a session process defaults to the time you are currently in, and doesn't move forward when you select an hour later in the day. It would be nice if the time could be reworked so you don't accidentally end up scheduling a meeting for 3AM.

i found Cisco webex meeting centre a wonderful tool, it is very easy to schedule meetings.

Reviewed on 11/17/2017

i can schedule my meeting in One click using this. We use WebEx daily for meetings with potential customers, vendors, and for support.

Pros

it is awesome tool. it is very easy to schedules meeting with this . we can integrate its plugin with out outlook and can schedule meeting in one click.
we can.we can record the current meeting going on which is very good option. it provide screen sharing option on single or extended desktops as well. Voice quality is good as it consume very less bandwidth. We can chat with the meeting participants to everyone and individual as well.lightweight software.integrated audio, video and content sharing is awesome. it can be installed on multiple platforms i.e. mobile, pc tablet, mac etc.

Cons

there is limitation like if we have large number of user wanted to join the webex meeting room then it will restrict us and also when we have a big team and persons start joing the meeting then initially we get disturbances from software and face difficulties in hearing them clearly but yes after some time it will became smooth.. Lack of emoticons and smileys. it is little more pricey as compared to others like slack or zoom. and license renewal as is costlier.

Webex meeting Center is best way to interact with clients or colleagues anyone.

Reviewed on 10/19/2018

Webex Meeting Center is the best video and audio conferencing software as now I can meet with any client within few seconds. It really helped us to collaborate in a better way with clients and workers. This is an integrated software for the complete meeting as we can also share content here. This is a perfect way fot a business meet.

Pros

Before using Webex Meeting Center I used to have the usual video and audio conferencing software. I did not require this software but then I thought to try it once as techie guy. And, since then I have been using this video conferencing software and my experience went very well. Webex Meeting Center is different from other such software as it requires some additional functionality. The software provides the best video calling with good sound quality. The software also allows me to share content so don't require any separate software for that. In addition. We can access this from mobile, tablet and laptop. We can also schedule calls for important meeting and it also provides us reminder. facility of audio sharing is also available.

Cons

So far, the software has facilitated us in many ways and still, it's going on. One thing here which I really faced here is the complex design of the software. But once you become used to it everything goes well. customer support is good but they might delay in providing services.

6.0/10

The perfect software for presentations.

Reviewed on 11/19/2018

I loved it! Cant imagine going back to Skype after this.

Pros

A lot of my sales related calls and internal discussions often required presentations and video chat. So I tried a few different options (Skype, Hangouts etc) before I decided on Webex. What I really loved about Webex was that unlike Skype etc its a tool built for presentations. And you can tell. Its super simple to fire up a Powerpoint document and then start the screensharing. It lets my participants use different tools to interact with me. Drawing board is a great addition in case you want to discuss and spitball ideas.

I also liked how simple they made it to set up a meeting. A few clicks will let you send a meeting invite. All those invites come with an attachment that hooks right into your outlook.

The video was also super smooth. I never heard a negative feedback from any of my participants about the video or the screenshare being blocky.

The free version they offer is actually surprisingly feature packed. So much so that you can almost get by just using that if you want to use your own conference line. I would recommend trying that before you buy. The paid version is also pretty cheap though. So no complaints there!

Cons

International dial in numbers should be a little cheaper. Right now some of the countries I deal with are really expensive and I want them to find out a way to make it more affordable.

Broadly used meeting source in professional enviornment

Reviewed on 11/28/2018

My over all experience has been excellent as this tool simplifies our meetings every time by allowing different teams to coordinate in a easier way.

Pros

As I work in a IT industry ,we often initiate planned or unplanned meetings and the Cisco Webex Meetings tool helps us perform our meetings in a well organized way by allowing my team(offshore and onsite) to easily communicate with each other. It allows me to leave my computer behind and connect through my phone with an option "Call using my phone". We as a team encounter with many situations where different teams like Unix,Storage support,Network,Dba,directors involve in meetings where we discuss our technical problems faced and work as a team to fix issues. Along with problem solving we use this tool to conduct weekly team meetings which allows all my team mates to be online in one or the other way. We have a feature to record our meetings for future reference.It allows me to share my screen in the meetings which makes our meetings more understandable to my team.

Cons

I don't find any cons as such ,but the video quality could be improved bit more

WebEx is part of our Unified Cisco Communication platform. It is a quality webinar solution.

Reviewed on 2/22/2018

WebEx allows us to connect with each other in a fairly simple and feature complete way. Using integrations with Outlook, Jabber, and our LMS, users have rapidly adopted the service for their daily work. It also aids with software support in some instances.

Pros

WebEx Meeting Center is a feature complete webinar solution that integrates well with our various tools. We use it in conjunction with Outlook, Cisco Jabber, and our Cornerstone LMS. The interface is pretty straight forward for most users and their audio communication tools are robust. We have very few connection issues and have found user adoption to be very good. Because of our integrations, we do not use the WebEx Meeting portal often, as everything can be setup in the other platforms. With that said, I have used the portal before and it allows users to access everything they need. Overall, it meets our web meeting needs.

Cons

I have two issues with WebEx... First, the user their own proprietary file format for meeting recordings. This makes it incredibly difficult to convert videos to a common .mp4 or .wmv format. They provide users with a conversion tool, but it is incredibly slow and confusing for end users. I have used other meeting tools that record in .mp4 and download easily. I wish WebEx would do the same. Second, browser plugins are a pain. Each browser requires a different add-on or plugin to launch a meeting. Once installed, things work well, but it is troublesome having to download these prior to launching a meeting.

Webex - Audio and Video collaboration solutions

Reviewed on 1/30/2018

Pros

The UI is very intuitive and great. It doesn't require the client to be installed on the local machine and one can access it simply from the browser. It also provides the feature to record the voice and video calls for the purpose of revisiting later or sharing with the members who could not attend the meeting. It also allows to set up different rooms for different set of audiences for a particular seminar or a conference. It also gets integrated with Outlook through a plugin which makes setting up Webex meetings as easy as setting any other meeting using Outlook.

Cons

It requires a very high bandwidth for presentations and content sharing to work effectively. This is a little weird as most of the other competitors like BlueJeans are able to provide high quality content sharing even at a lower bandwidth. I have also faced issues with a black screen appearing when someone switches to full screen mode while presenting or sharing this screen. This gets fixed once they exit full screen mode. This type of basic issues are expected to be fixed by one of the oldest players in the industry.

7.0/10

WebEx Makes Conferences Easy

Reviewed on 9/5/2018

We use WebEx Meeting Center on a daily basis. It makes conference calls a breeze. In a couple of clicks, you're ready to go. We can share our screens effortlessly, and that really makes collaborating a lot easier. It really is a time saver since everybody can join the meeting from their desks. No need to book a conference room or cram into a tiny office. I use WebEx Meeting Center to troubleshoot user issues. It really helps when I can see what they're seeing, and then I can explain what the issue is and how to resolve it.

Pros

It is incredibly simple to share screens between participants. If you have multiple participants, you can switch screens without delay. The chat window is helpful, especially when you need to share links or commands. It is the perfect learning and troubleshooting tool. It can be access through a desktop app, as well as through a browser, so you don't have to download anything if you don't want to. The ability to record meetings is underrated.

Cons

The audio can be a bit finicky. Sometimes the sound will drop, and I have to reconfigure my headset/microphone. Usually, unplugging and plugging it back in does the trick. Sometimes I have to leave and rejoin the meeting.

Web excellent

Reviewed on 1/12/2019

Webex is excellent for all your meet-up needs, especially when you want present ideas. Trainings, quick gatherings, large board room discussions, and feature-ful dialogues are to be had with this software.

Pros

Webex has features that make teleconferencing less of a chore and more of a productivity enhancer. Every feature of webex is easy to use, intuitive, and compatible with any work ecosystem. The software is able to withstand intense loads and features (such as muting all participants) is great. Doing virtual trainings is even enhanced with the grouping feature, where people can be put into smaller teams within the larger group. This makes virtual trainings more interesting and less antisocial. Presentations can be shared and with others easily as well with just a click of a button. The sophistication of the software helps it endure even the biggest and most important of meetings

Cons

Webex does not have many cons! The only con is that the connection may be shaky or hard to advise when going mobile through the webex mobile app. I wish the mobile app was as robust as the desktop app.

Encourages Team Collaboration

Reviewed on 2/6/2019

Overall Cisco Webex Meetings is an essential tool for virtual meetings and team collaboration. Some improvements could turn it into a near-perfect product.

Pros

My client uses WebEx as the preferred way to engage in conference calls. The outlook extension makes it easy to embed a WebEx URL and call details directly to a calendar invite. From there you just need to click the link during the meeting's start time and it's easy to join. The system typically remember's my login credentials once I'm in the room the system prompts to connect my audio/video devices. There are many ways to connect but I prefer to have the system call my cell phone.

It's also easy to present and WebEx provides the option of sharing you full monitor(s) or limited your presentation to only select apps.

Cons

I think Cisco WebEx could use an overall in design. It feels a bit dated with the use of of icons, or lack of.

After presentation mode is connected, it is typically smooth but it is common for a delay to occur during each initial connection.

The experience could be a bit smoother.

7.0/10

It has helped make virtualization easier than ever before.

Reviewed on 12/14/2018

Before we adopted Webex, when my software team did code reviews we had a couple of people in remote locations who would attend by phone. They would often lose track of the thread of conversation or be in the wrong spot in code review packets. (This applies to other types of meetings I had, but most of my meetings were code review meetings, so I'll talk about them.) With Webex, we could create a virtual meeting room and whoever's packet is being discussed can share their screen and guide the rest of us through it. It has not only made for better meetings, it has made better code possible, and allowed our company to spread out the talent within the company.

Pros

The features on this software are handy. You can do whiteboards, screen shares, chat windows, video chat, and it can even sync up with your calendar on Microsoft Outlook.

Cons

I don't really have too many negative things to say about this software. If I had to choose something, it's a little (not much) too complex to set up some meetings. And really, that feels like I'm nitpicking. I'm sure it could be streamlined in some way, but I wouldn't let this stop me from using this software.

One of the oldest and best meeting tool.

Reviewed on 7/9/2018

Pros

I have been using Webex since long time now, setting meeting, joining meeting through remote systems is very easy and convenient.
I have also used android version of Webex meeting center, it works seemsless while travelling or working remotely.
Screen sharing quality is excellent.
Webex meeting cloud recording is exceptional too.
Setting a webex meeting is just a click on microsoft outlook, it sets up the link to access, access phones, access codes, passwords etc...
Meeting recording can be auto saved to cloud and intimated the link through a mail or message.
Call quality does not go down even when 100+ attendee are present in call.

Cons

Though it's a very good tool but my company moved to Slack, Zoom and now Microsoft Teams, probably competitors application is not welcome any more.

Need to make it bit more user friendly, new user need to spend more time knowing how it works.
Sometime there is conflicts when remote user join from computer audio and phone audio.

Meeting made easy but effective

Reviewed on 11/29/2018

I can't imagine my meeting without Webex. I think it is the market leader in that area.Recording option and quality of recording is very good too. Overall, this is very good tool and very much needed for business meetings.

Pros

I use a lot of Webex meetings and it is now integrated with MS outlook that scheduling a meeting is easy. It will create the necessary links and audio/video details automatically, makes it easy for end users. It have multiple options when we login to the account. The screen share is too good and effective and now the new version has designated sharing where the other windows are grayed out and only the intended window will share. Audio connect by automatic means is very good. .

Cons

Sudden drop off and login issues comes very often. However, there has been a lot of improvement from the past. But more easy of use is required when we have multiple participants. Host should be given more options for managing the meeting. Chat window within the Webex is not easy to use somehow which needs improvements.

Webex is a great platform to collaborate easily with various stakeholders to achieve common goal

Reviewed on 5/28/2018

Pros

Employees within the organization can register and have individual webex address created. With Webex address one can easily setup meetings with several folks across and sometimes even outside the organization. The Webex addin for Microsoft Outlook is a very good plugin which allows to insert the webex address easily and also can have personal web rooms created on need basis. In Webex, one can easily record the meetings if the feature is enabled, generate the reports after the meeting. Track the meetings scheduled, join multiple meetings at the sametime.

Cons

Recently the webex has improved a lot, sometimes there will be issues with the Webex Microsoft addin which does not allow one to insert the webex address directly within outlook. Also, sometimes there are cases when even after starting the webex, the room is not opened or we see 'Notify Host' though webex is started. also, rarely there are little disturbances during the meetings.

Excellent Product with a ton of features and fantastic Outlook integration

Reviewed on 4/13/2017
Review Source

Pros

GetApp's list of features on this product is WAY off. This is a fantastic product.

My List:
- Button-click when scheduling a meeting from within Outlook. Handles recurring meetings effortlessly, even changes to a single occurrence. Also handles moves to an existing meeting seamlessly, and totally in the background.
- Automatically inserts out Web, and conference line info
- Users can join via Web, then call in or use VOIP.
- Mobile apps work well
- Allows pausing what users see.
- Recording and can sending to recipients, download and convert, etc.
- Sharing others' screens so you can see them. You can request to drive their screen; great for remote training.
- Whiteboard feature

Support includes Phone, Online , Knowledge base, and Video

Cons

- I with the mobile app would know about any Webex meeting to which I've been invited, not just my own. Go To Meeting does this, even if you're not a paid subscriber.

Excellent Enterprise Conferencing Solution

Reviewed on 9/30/2018

Pros

One of the nicest features is integration with Microsoft Outlook to make creating meetings seamless. The WebEx conferencing details can be inserted into an Outlook calendar item with the simple click of a button. Several options exist for joining WebEx meetings including downloading a launcher utility or launching directly from a browser session. Launching from a browser seems to be one of the more efficient methods in terms of total number of user actions needed to access a meeting. Joining from a mobile device such as a smartphone was also an easy experience using the web interface.

Cons

The myriad of methods available for joining a WebEx can seem overwhelming. Depending on the method used to attend you will need to decide how to connect audio or video which can also be a little confusing. The ability to choose a set of persistent default settings when attending a meeting would be a nice addition.

I use WebEx to join business meetings remotely.

Reviewed on 11/16/2017

The ability to dial-in to any conference and lead virtual meetings easily - even for those on the road!
The assigned dial in codes make it easy to put the codes in meeting invites with the number format as such: xxx-xxx-xxx,,xxxx#. This is a trick for those using the conferencing service internally and dialing in from a smart technology such as a phone where the dial in can be used as one link and the phone automatically follows the prompt. Easy driving and dialing with just the push of ONE link. It's amazing!!!

Pros

The way the conference dial-ins are structured make this conference line easier to use than any others I've had experience using. The conference service gives you a specific unique participant dial code and a leader code. It makes it so easy to set up and launch conferences. Other services switch up the #s every single time so you lose consistency and can only have one meeting live at a time. It makes it tricky when meetings bleed over and people are still chatting but you need to launch your next meeting.

Webex Enterprising

Reviewed on 11/13/2018

We previously used Webex and then switched to GoToMeeting due to cost. Once we were acquired by a larger company, they had a corporate-wide Webex mandate, which was nice since it had a few more features than GoToMeeting. Now every employee has a personal Webex instead of it being restricted to outside sales and tech support.

Pros

Webex if definitely the most widely known meeting program out there. It definitely works well for large webinars to small internal meetings. One of the biggest advantages is the built in recording and post-meeting publishing for a recorded meeting. This is helpful for post-webinar dissemination to clients, partners or internal team members. For enterprise wide it is definitely the better option.

Cons

Just like Skype or GoToMeeting, unless Webex is given priority of service in your IT setup, you will have bad call quality. We wrestled with that for about a week before our IT department figured out what was happening. Once that was set up correctly, there was no issues with the software. This should be something that is done upon adoption of Webex, not sure if they tell the team setting it up though.

We also rely on WebEx to collaborate and to move projects forward faster, it's reliable.

Reviewed on 3/7/2018

Pros

WebEx is a reliable tool which we use to collaborate and to move projects forward faster, it helps us to work as a team from in real-time sharing of applications, files etc. A feature that we find helpful for WebEx meeting is that it offers integrated audio, video, and file sharing. What impresses me even more with WebEx now is that with its last update it now allow users to call through the computer in itself, as opposed to having to dial in with a phone or landline, very good upgrade. And I like that it has an app for your android phone you can setup and use

Cons

The file transfer can be a little slow at times, be patient. Ensure that you proxy is allowed to have users access WebEx, may require that a port is open to access WebEx voice chat as some VPNs and proxies may deny access without proper setup. Try to use chrome it works better with chrome in my opinion.

Market Leader in Conferences

Reviewed on 1/16/2019

My team isn't always located in the same office. So, we always arrange a webex meeting and meet there to discuss the agendas. It give you a very personal feeling while attending the webex meeting that you are almost there with other members. The best thing is that you are independent of your desk, you can literally login from any desk or laptop or even cell phones too, so there is greater accessibility.

Pros

Cisco has been the market leader in Audio and Video conferencing for a long time now. The software itself is too easy to understand and use. There isn't any learning curve at all. You will just need to login once and you are all set. You can use it to host video conferences, share screen and make other people presenter as well. It's a really handy when you have a remote team and they are spread across different parts of the world.

Cons

Nothing really, but if I had to point out something it would be the space allocated to record the video conferences which needs to be increased. You definitely need a strong, fast and reliable inernet connection if you wanna host a video conference without any lag.