5 000 reviews

Cisco Webex

Voice and video conferencing with screen sharing

5 000 reviews
Sandeep S.
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Quick to setup ad-hoc meetings

Reviewed on 2021/02/16

Overall I am happy with this tool to schedule and track the important AV meetings when we need to involve external parties such as interviews, client meetings etc.

Pros

On my windows machines, I can just open the webex and schedule quick meeting which I feel is the great feature with this tool. Its always running tool which can be quickly accessed from the windows menu to schedule the meetings. Also, its ability to switch from audio to AV is great during the live meetings.

Cons

Desktop Installation is required for the better audio videos quality which I feel needs to be improved as the installation takes time and doesn't allows to schedule quick ad-hoc meetings

• Industry: Accounting
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

User friendly always keeps the client happy

Reviewed on 2021/03/18

Overall I really like Webex I think it is a great product and can provide not only the user but the clients with a very successful event.

Pros

This system works very easily once you have used it a couple of times you have the hang of it and then you are good to go even if you do not use it for a month or so.

Cons

The downside is if you have people scheduled to be in on the back end before an event starts that you need to assign certain things to, it can be very hard to give them access if for some reason you have to after the event starts. Pulling reporting data can be very messy and manual at times.

Muhammad A.
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

For meetings and online lectures

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

Its good but need to some modifications to make better.

Pros

It is a great tool for online meetings (office and school). In this app we able to share screen with camera.Its uses small amount of internet.the best fracture is we are scheduled a meeting for any day and they notified before meeting time.the major function I liked very much is recording we record meeting and share after end of meeting.The audio and video(shared screen or camera) is too much clear.

Cons

Many time they show internet error but internet is working fine. After 25 to 30 mintue the video is going to cut. We need to start it again . The second thing we have no option to write shared screen. Some students facing issues to joing meeting from pc (web).

Pressilla R.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great Video & Audio Quality

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

I totally love incorporating this software into my weekly business meetings and sometimes for meeting with clients. It is super easy to use for the clients as well. Love that there is nothing to download or install for people who are suspicious of viruses. Quality of the video and audio are truly amazing and makes my presentations flawless.

Pros

I use this software for video conference meetings. The HD video is of high quality and the sound quality is really great. Since our company is small, the free version works well since we can have up to 100 participants with no charge. The best part for me is that there is nothing to install or download for users. You just click a button and join the meeting. They offer additional packages at reasonable rates for company's that need more features. They allow you to use the free Webex meetings plan without entering a credit card so that's amazing. Whenever you are ready to upgrade to a paid plan, then you can enter payment. That is a big peace of mind for someone like me. It is super easy to use on my PC or mobile device. There are also tons of interactive tools so that your guests can participate and the layout is easy on the eyes and attractive.

Cons

It doesn't have the capability for you to include a user anonymously, which was a downfall for us because sometimes administration may need to queue in on the meeting for observation or feedback without making your guests nervous. The virtual background features are limited and not as vibrant as other similar programs. Also there is no notification sound when someone raises their hand, so you have to pay attention to your screen throughout presentation.

Aki D.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Cisco WebEx Meeting Huge Improvement

Reviewed on 2020/11/25

Eight months ago, I would not recommend WebEx Meeting.

But now, November 2020, WebEx Meeting is definitely a different one, and is already at par, if not exceeded Zoom as the standard for virtual meetings.

Pros

The Pros: As Zoom has been the standard of virtual meeting since pandemic, WebEx meeting has quickly improved from their lackluster features 8 months ago, to almost Zoom. Our company has been using WebEx as standard virtual conference platform. It used to be very buggy and laggy and having audio and video performance issues.

Now, it's one click audio and video integrated in internet. No need to dial separately using phone call. I like the GUI now as it is more intuitive than before. I like the mobile connectivity and the capability to do breakout rooms and mute everyone without unmuting themselves.

AI features are also great. Now they've introduced background noise suppression, so I do not need a third party software like Krisp.

We also like the introduction of cohosting to give some assistance to the host of the meeting.

Overall, we are enjoying the use of WebEx Meeting unlike previously.

Cons

Although WebEx Meetings has improved a lot, there are still a few features not working properly.

1. Virtual Background in video eats a lot of computer memory and sometimes causing laptop to freeze.
2. The breakout rooms do not have advance assignments yet, so imagine you have 500 attendees and you have to break them up manually.

Kevin H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Teleconferencing software with an enterprise mindset

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Overall, the product works well enough. The features and quality of the video and audio work well to the point that we can perform paid consultations and workshops with our members. The interface is straightforward and is used by all of our technical and nontechnical staff on a daily basis with great success.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to use and set up from both an administrator and user perspective. We have been using this software for around two years, and we have had success with 1-1 Meetings, group meetings, company-wide town hall meetings, and large workshops or other events involving people from both inside and outside of our organization. The integration with GSuite email and calendaring works great, and the ability to have personal rooms along with persistent rooms for invited guests has been a big feature for us, especially with everyone working from home. Finally, the integration with the RoomKit devices in our conference rooms has worked really well with bridging together on-premise and remote workers during meetings and other collaboration sessions.

Cons

While there is a stand-alone application which can run all the time on your computer, I feel there is a fair amount of confusion as to if it should be used or to always simply rely on the web client for everything. Product features seem to lag significantly behind other solutions such as Microsoft Teams and Zoom, and I have found that WebEx is slower in connecting to meetings, and has lower video quality, than Zoom.

Best video meeting solution I've ever tested

Reviewed on 2020/07/22

Since COVID-19, I couldn't visit our customer and have a meeting on offline, so I should've find the way to solve this problem. First time I used Zoom for my video meeting but I had a bad experience while on meeting such as lack of signal or poor quality of voice. Therefore I found many video meeting solution on Google and tested 21 solutions last MAR. Finally I selected Cisco Webex. You can see my test experience below link.(You can translate via Chrome)

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

At now, I'm using Cisco Webex meeting when I need to have a meeting with other companies. This has very simple UI, so I had no difficult for having video meeting with my co-workers. Thanks to Cisco Webex, I can cover my customer when I need to have a meeting and communicate with Webex Teams when I need to share my contents(especialy large files). Although there are some weak point on Cisco Webex, I will use this until it appear other video meeting solution better than this.

Pros

- easy to use : no need to install client S/W for meeting, only can invite an attendee by 2 steps
- good quality of vioce : can hear good quality of voice and latency is under 0.2 sec
- network connectivity is always stable : I didn't experience for lost signal while meeting
- video screen adjustment : can increase or decrease video screen size and put wherever you want
- great collaboration S/W : I think that Webex Teams is better than Microsoft Teams.

Cons

- Language support : AI function can't use in Korean.
- hard to use in Webex Event : UI/UX in Webex Event is very complicated
- expensive : compare other S/W, I think that Cisco Webex is most expensive in this area.

WebEx Meeting Center better than Business Link

Reviewed on 2018/06/28

WebEx Meeting Center is the best software out there that is good for companies with 10,000+ employees. It is seamless and is easy to use. Never had any issues using this software!

Pros

When I started working, I was first introduced in using "Business Link" whenever we have client calls or conference bridge calls, and I thought that is already a great application used for conferences. However, when I transferred to Conduent (formerly known as Xerox) from Convergys, I now use WebEx Meeting Center whenever I do client calls, and conference calls with team members spread throughout the globe, and it surpassed my expectations.

I or we (in the company) never had any problems using WebEx Meeting Center. WebEx Meeting Center is an easy to use software that lets you connect with people all around the globe at once without any worries of line interruption, inconvenient dialing-in process, and downtimes.

WebEx Meeting Center lets team members record conference meetings and training, and this is very helpful since it provides us a video or file that we can cling to just in case we want to review what transpired on the call.

Its video capability is also beneficial for me as a workforce manager since I can assess non-verbal cues of my clients, subordinates, and bosses.

Cons

This software is very convenient to use, and I think I can't ask for more, and I never had any problems using this software so I guess this is N/A for me.

Jenny M.

It connects all sectors of our company.

Reviewed on 2020/05/08

It connects all sectors of our company, today 70% of our employees are working from home and Cisco Webex is the best tool we could choose for our meetings, interviews, collaborative groups, joint projects and videoconferences, it helps to be more coordinated when working on projects with different edges and development teams, it offers video calls, private and group chat, voice and video meetings with many participants, video training conferences for freelancers and allows to share all kinds of documents.

Pros

Cisco Webex is an excellent communication tool, it has allowed us to change our meeting habits by allowing us to attend any meeting remotely and organize personalized interviews with other colleagues, it allows me to record meetings and video conferences and then edit them and create tutorials, it integrates with Office, IBM and Google tools, it also offers good audio quality without ambient noise.

Cons

The mobile app can sometimes be a headache for meetings with many attendees.

Keerthi P.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Most convenient meeting setup

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Virtual collaboration with colleagues all over the world is simple and effective.

Pros

Generally I have to join a lot of meetings from different vendors using their meeting software but I find webex meetings from Cisco launch very quickly and it does not require any additional installation or setup. We click on the link that the invitee created and then it automatically starts the software if installed locally or asks for launching a temporary application in Chrome to start the meeting. All this process takes less than a minute to complete. Time is of the essence when trying to join back to back meetings.
The software has very intuitive interface for dialing in, screen sharing and chatting. 3 major features visible on the front screen and all others neatly hidden.
Sharing and whiteboarding is a breeze with the software.

The coolest thing about this is that it has a mobile app that is as simple as the laptop interface.

The software allows for recording the sessions and the output files are minimal in size for sharing. This means that the compression software is very good.

Overall a great solution for conducting meetings virtually.

Cons

It would be great if there was an option to share browser screen on mobile devices.

Michael G.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Cisco Webex destroys competition

Reviewed on 2019/10/15

Cisco makes it easier to reach out to potential customers thousands of miles away, in a very clear format, and we are able to completely satisfy any and all areas of need.

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is easy to use, easy to train other folks on how to rationally use it, and when their is a problem, it's usually easy to troubleshoot. It makes communication easier than other platforms, by integrating new and top tier technology to allow satisfaction of all needs.

Cons

In all honesty, I can not recall a particular thing that I dislike about it at the moment. It has treated my company right.

Zack R.
  • Industry: Defense & Space
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Cisco WebEx is a great software for better communication.

Reviewed on 2019/08/04

I would recommended this efficient software for everyone because it is the best video conferences software in all over the world. I can easily connect myself with all my friends and colleagues and I can also share my knowledge and important information in a easier and instant way. The important thing about the Cisco WebEx is that it is not very expensive as compared to the other software's.

Pros

Cisco WebEx is a best communication tool. It is very easy to use and have great versatile features because here we can make international calls with audio and video calls and video conferences. it is the most convenient tool for sending instant messages and also have video calls and conferences. We can easily sharing our information and chats with our colleagues, friends and anyone. Cisco WebEx software is the powerful tool for the audio and video conferences. Hence, it is the better source of communication and almost every-person use the Cisco WebEx software.

Cons

The one thing that I don't like about this software is that video calls and conferences are disconnected and our camera would be shut off without any problem. We can easily share our data, files and screen with our friends, colleagues and team member. But sometimes when we share large amount of data and files with each other then we faced some complications about the sharing purpose. But still Cisco WebEx software is the best and easiest to use this efficient tool.

Analyst

Reviewed on 2020/11/04

Webex is the top video conference software that I have used. I have used zoom, bluejeans, gotomeeting and webex is second to none. The screen sharing capabilities, ease of use of the software, the integration with outlook make it second to none if you are looking for a solution for video conferencing and remote solutions.

Pros

The software was easy to deploy to our business users. We have widespread use and access, it made meetings and attendance easy during the covid-19 pandemic. There is easy screen sharing capabilities and webex easily integrates with outlook to easily add webex details to a meeting invitation. You also have recording capabilities of meetings so you can post for reference later on. There are limitations to number of callers if you have an extra large company so our all employee meetings there are some limitations on total users.

Cons

The double muting feature if you dial in with a phone you have to both mute on the phone and the computer this should better integrate with the system so if unmuted on one it captures on other device. There is screen sharing but outside of chat box cannot collaborate by writing live on the screen (or not that I am aware of and have been using for years now).

One of the Finest Video Conferencing App

Reviewed on 2020/09/20

Specially in this pandemic time, we have conduct a lot of webinars and this app helped us in successful execution.

Pros

Cisco Webex is really helpful for VC calls. With Webex, you can connect with prospects, customers, internal team members easily. You are just a few clicks away from the person. It eliminates the barrier in communication. The tool is available for Mac, Windows, iOS, Android, and other platforms.
This tool has helped us creating Polls, Webinars, and other successful events.
The tool gives your prospect and customer personalized look and feels by the domain and calendar invite

Cons

The tool requires high bandwidth
Sometimes pop-up with technical challenges
Video calls can be better

Syed saad Q.
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Helped power our weekly and daily meetings

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

We were able to conduct full day workshops with consultants who were off-site. Saved millions in travel and logistics costs.

Pros

The excellent video and sound quality, coupled with cloud based recording, ability to integrate with Outlook, and support for multiple parties to join. I also loved that I could schedule sessions hours or days in advance, notifying all attendees.

Cons

I found out annoying to have to keep downloading an EXE file each time I wanted to join or host a meeting. This was mainly because my IT department hasn't given us admin rights on our computers so the browser plug-in couldn't be installed.

Kalim S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Easy way to connect and meetings with colleagues

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

We do a lot of brainstorming session, we can share our screen , give someone rights to perform task as desktop level. This is very good medium of connecting with colleagues and some time friends who are not in same geography. We can share each other screen and give controls.

Pros

My organisation use Cisco Webex as meeting tool. Overall i find it very good and handy. Connectivity , cloud storage of recordings, sharing and voice clarity these are the things which i like the most. Overall it provided reliable way for connecting to anyone from anywhere. Either on desktop,laptop or mobile devices. I like these features very much.

Cons

Some time auto login does not work, only a host can do a recording, which i feel a restriction. After update of webex , sometime it creates problem it reconnecting. For which sometime i need to go to system admin.

Matthew H.

Doesn't get much better

Reviewed on 2019/09/10

By far the Cadillac of audio conferencing - Easily create buttons in Outlook to help schedule and start meetings w/o switching too many screens, records meetings, screen sharing is simple, doesn't lag, an all around value to our day to day business

Pros

I have used many different products in this space and have found Webex by far the easiest to use with the most robust features. Screen Sharing, video conf, recording, managing atendees, ect. It does it all with ease

Cons

I use this product about 10 times a day and it is difficult for me to think of a Con. If you have it administered correctly, you will not have any issues

Syed hamidur R.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Best Meeting Apps

Reviewed on 2020/12/24

Using these apps, I can now regularly sit in and out of the office and continue various important meetings. As a result, it becomes much easier to work while maintaining social distance. At the present time, it is very important to work while maintaining social distance, this app is giving a lot of support to everyone. Being able to easily communicate, hold important office meetings, and easily make important decisions with different foreign clients who are not able to move from one place to another at the moment.

Pros

At this stage of the epidemic, I am not willing to stop my work. So I am continuing to try to do everything in the office easily in the virtual world. I am using these apps for various important meetings and gatherings. This makes it easier for me to maintain contact with my overseas clients and continue to promote the product with my consumers. Using these apps, you can easily hold various meetings with employees and officials and, if necessary, discuss various issues with your loved ones through direct video calling. So there can be no bigger solution to maintain contact with people while maintaining social distance in an epidemic.

Cons

You can easily share your screen with others. It becomes easier to give presentations during important fruit meetings. It is very easy for everyone present in the meeting to continue their questions and discussions within themselves so I did not notice any bad aspects of these apps.

Philip B.

Good Collaboration Platform

Reviewed on 2019/11/29

Good overall platform. Well priced, easy to use for both our team and our customers. We’ve yet to experience any downtime with the service, we just open it up and it works.

Pros

WebEx is a good collaboration platform. We use it to connect employees spread across different offices and when working with our customers. Easy to setup and use, it’s saved us from having to bring employees on site as often.

Cons

The default deployment requires users to install browser plugins which some It departments don’t allow. Although their is a work around available that allows webex to run without the plugins it limits a few features so it’s an area that could use some work. Otherwise we’ve been very happy with it.

Daniel G.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great if you go all in on the product lineup

Reviewed on 2019/12/03

This allowed us to prevent users from driving to every meeting, saving tons of money in employee time and fleet mileage. Users in a conference room feel engaged with those joining remotely because you can still look them in the eye when the speak to you. Employees miss far fewer meetings due to tight schedules, so meetings are re-scheduled less frequently.

Pros

Exchange calendar integration, room booking automation for WebEx devices, and the automated importing of Zoom and Skype invites into WebEx compatible meetings.

Cons

Most companies use Zoom meetings, so sending WebEx invites causes more struggle for most external customers, partners, vendors, etc. The integration between WebEx room devices and Exchange room resources is not perfect. It requires the addition of @webex to the end of the room name to function properly, which is confusing for less tech-savvy users.

Stephanie G.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A leader in videoconferencing.

Reviewed on 2020/09/18

My overall experience: Excellent. I really admire the solidity of the connection, I haven't experienced any freezing or crashes so far, and the technical support is quite good.

Pros

Cisco webex meetings is an excellent way to collaborate using high quality tools that we can find in its HD image, strong and clear audio and annotation tools; not only that, I like to be able to have multiple features in one software since I can also share my screen, or make calls via VoIP, we can make webinars or quick routine meetings, it fits perfectly to every need. Cisco has support for cell phones or tablets, which makes it a portable and dynamic tool. The security that it provides to our information is the best, everything is in the cloud encrypted from end to end.

Cons

It's worth paying what this software costs, however there is a lot of competition in the market offering similar features for much less money or even for free. Therefore, I recommend this software for large companies, more than for small ones.

Ivan M.

Cisco Webex review

Reviewed on 2020/09/23

I've had no issues with Cisco Webex. It provided exactly what my team needed to accommodate daily meetings within our organization and customers

Pros

Packages are reasonably priced. You can choose one that best suits your business needs. Multiple services can be purchased together.

Cons

Sometimes it can be a bit slow, but that can also be due to the internet connection. It doesn't have toll free options for every country.

Mairina V.

A great tool for video conferencing and e-learning!

Reviewed on 2018/08/17

I have had great experiences with Webex, the mobility of this software allowed me at the time to attend, manage and coordinate different high level meetings and also to be able to do online training.

It is very easy to use, and the interface is very intuitive.

I recommend it to organizations that want to standardize their meeting communications through great tools.

Pros

Webex is a very useful platform for meetings and training through the advantages of e-learning.

An intuitive platform and on a cloud platform. It allows you to have private meetings and possible users so that they are not present at a certain moment of a meeting.

Although many companies use it for video conferencing meetings, today different tools are integrated to leverage e-learning on the same platform.

A meeting through webex, I can make the observations of the meetings to see it later.

Cons

The truth is that it would not bring disadvantages of functionality to the platform, the only thing that does not allow you to have 10 out of 10 is the cost of licensing to have a number of users, since my assessment is costly.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Using WebEx is easy use and very user friendly.

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

I like WebEx and you will also. It's reliable and backed by Cisco who makes sure everything is running smoothly. WebEx helps me close business and helps me do my job quickly and more effectively. WebEx helps me prequalify candidates before my sales team books a trip to a potential new client site and this process helps my company save money. It's more expensive then the others out on the market, but you get what you pay for.

Pros

WebEx is the most widely used presentation software on the market today. It's very user friendly and you don't need a technology degree to figure out how everything works. I've never been kicked out of an meeting or had issue with getting and staying connected. With the Cisco brand behind it, WebEx is the 900 pound gorilla and it shows. Very reliable.

Cons

Sometimes if a customer using an outdated browser and has to download software to get WebEx working can be frustrating and time consuming. I've also found that Google Chrome works the best with WebEx and Firefox isn't bad either. It's Internet Explorer that can be a pain and I've never had really great success will people using Safari. This is a CON for all presentation software systems like this, but I've found WebEx's software and user experience can be more troubling to install then the other competitors out on the market.

Alejanddro N.

cisco webex better

Reviewed on 2021/03/03

excellent experience, i love the application, always i use it my meetings run ok without issues or problems.

Pros

it is one of the most secure application for stream meetings, quickly connections, very stable, you do not loss the communication when the meeting has a lot of people connected, the video stream is so soft and without cuts, easy to use for the end user and users without computer skills, easy share your information to the other users.

Cons

i do not se any cons about this application at this time, for me works perfectly and you do not need to connect again because you are running out of time.