Barry F.
  • Industry: Libraries
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Management Tool which relies on people to enter and update information

Reviewed on 2020/06/30

I did't know until today that "Nintex" was Promapp - the e-mails for this get caught in a Sophos system that asks me if I want to 'delete' or 'let through to in-box' . I usually delete the 'Nintex' one thinking it is Spam mail. This survey came through! My overall experience is that when I need it - I have appreciated it but I don't have time to read all the 'Promapp' e-mails that get through.

Pros

Good place to find how to do tasks - relies on staff to enter their procedures. Used mostly for entering complaints and compliments.

Cons

Getting e-mails telling me I have tasks and items to review or read. Often the items don't apply to me as the software covers a large organisation.

Lindsay A.

Ideal BPM software for an organisation going through major change

Reviewed on 2017/02/11

The Project Management Institute of New Zealand (PMINZ) is going through major change at governance, operational and commercial levels. Also as a non-profit organisation PMINZ faces unique challenges such as the staff are nearly all volunteers and are from all over New Zealand.

Where Promapp is having the biggest impact is giving PMINZ the tools to plan, implement and manage change and implement continuous improvement. So what are these tools and how have they made an impact?

Document management: Promapp's excellent document management functions has enabled PMINZ to move from a legacy document management system for key documentation covering policies and procedures to a much more comprehensive easy to use system.

User access and permissions: This is easily configured to mirror the PMINZ organisational chart and business rules. Permissions are proving very useful currently during the intensive review of the governance of the organisation to restrict access to policies that are still under review by the Board of Directors.

Process development: Promapp is challenging PMINZ to simplify and restructure all processes using plain language for the published versions of processes. One important example of this is in the revision of HRM practices and procedures. Up until their update in Promapp the old processes were outdated. The revision of HRM in Promapp is now having a major impact on our organisation through better recruitment, induction and recognition of volunteer achievements.

Feedback and improvements: The ability to implement continuous improvement within PMINZ using Promapp is also starting to have major benefits by the ease of which users can suggest improvements to processes. They now are more engaged.

The most critical success factor of all has been is to ensure that the Board of Directors and senior management have fully supported not just the changes taking place but understanding what Promapp can deliver. So my recommendation is during the early stages make sure the key decision makers and influencers are educated about and understand what Promapp is about.

The final comment is that is has been very liberating for our organization to free itself from the large wordy, difficult to read Operations Manual to an easy to use online software tool. Promapp is warmly recommended.

Pros

Ease of use, customization, makes it easy to simplify processes

Cons

More customisation in how processes are displayed (particularly the use of the swimlane display).

Brian L.
  • Industry: Printing

Promapp keeps us informed

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

We use Promapp for Training, Credit Requests, Root Cause Analysis and Opportunity for Improvement - one place for all so very satisfied with the product

Pros

Managing a business requires you to be on top of current issues and Promapp helps us do this

Cons

Repetitive redirection away from my current activity and having to click things twice to activate.
This is very frustrating when I do not have time as a luxury...

Promapp is the best process management tool I have ever used!

Reviewed on 2018/02/22

Ability to monitor, amend and improve processes within our business; being visible to all employees without the necessity to send numerous emails (which are not always read).

Pros

It is simple to use, I like that you can upload screen shots, documents, photos and even videos. The incident manager has been very useful in monitoring incidents both internally and from our customers. Allowing reports to be run and trends to be captured that are utilised in executive reviews with my customers. It is also great that they are kept updated throughout the life cycle of an incident. The fact that an incident highlights the need to review and amend a process is brilliant. I also find the fact that you can share a process via a link with your customer invaluable, allowing us to work in partnership with our customers to make improvements.

Cons

There is very little I can criticise about this software; the value comes from its content and configuration. It would be useful to be able to search for a specific incident

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Implement Promapp!

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

The main benefit is that everyone we do is in one place, meaning that things are easy to find and actions are easily recorded to ensure completion.

Pros

It is easy to use and works well as an entire system in an organisation. Using the different modules that are available allows Promapp to be integrated well.
We use it for incident management, change management, process mapping, document control and risk monitoring.

Cons

Sometimes it seems fairly rigid in what you can do on the system.

Annette P.
  • Industry: Government Relations

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

I found the product extremely easy to use (being a first time process mapper). The help desk response turn around is fantastic and if they are unable to resolve the problem, they will investigate it. The product is simple, easy to follow and the feel and look is appealing to all types. Extremely easy to navigate and train people in how to use the product.
The Account Manager is friendly and helpful with any queries.

Pros

easy of use, ability to link treatments to process maps, ability to create customized forms in 'improvement module'

Sid D.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great software tool

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

The process management tool is easy to use. It has some really good features which make it a good learning experience for first time users of any web based tool like this one.

- easy to create process, re-engineer the process multiple time still able to see the old version for the changes
- review mechanism makes it easy for adding or removing any steps in the process as a part of process improvement
- interactive process maps with swim lane makes it easy for the people who are not tech savvy

Lastly, it is easy to use and makes processes simple

Pros

The ease of use of the tool, training videos an interactive way of teaching and/or learning

Cons

There isn't anything that i can say i dislike. Promapp support have answered my concerns promptly and in detail

Robyn E.

Excellent Management System

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

We have been using Promapp for two years now and it is a great way to setup, manage and share systems and proceedures. Improvements give staff an easy way to suggest changes that may be required. Overall an excellent system.

Pros

Easy to use, add processes etc, fast load up etc. Great to have different levels of access. Improvements give staff some voice to make some improvements.

Cons

Search - better search for varying documents/processes.
Cannot view or add amendment to old actions/sign offs.

Wayne H.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Promapp is great

Reviewed on 2016/09/28

I use Promapp daily and find it extremely easy to use. It holds a tonne of data and information that help me and my colleagues perform in our roles efficiently.

Pros

Easy to use, can hold a tonne of information

Cons

Did take some time to learn the programme

Response from Promapp

Hey Wayne,

Your review put a smile on the whole teams face! - Since you're using Promapp every day I hope you enjoyed the little Christmas theme we added in over this holiday season?

Thanks again.

Promapp Team.

Henry E.

Very user friendly

Reviewed on 2016/11/30

My organisation has had Promapp for a number of years and it is extremely easy to create processes, follow other's processes, collaborate with colleagues on improving processes and use resources to build into processes to enhance staff experiences. As a user and as a manager, Promapp has proven to be a great investment.

Pros

Easy to use. One stop location to deposit processes and research existing processes. Links and attachments to important reference documents can be applied to processes simply - and so easy to update.

Response from Promapp

Hey Henry,

We're so happy you've been using it for a long time. I think you're part of the reason so less than 1% of our customer churn!

Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

Promapp Team.

Elizabeth a. G.

Perfect program for standardising business processes

Reviewed on 2018/01/27

Pros

This software has been great for writing and standardising all of our processes, in ALL aspects of the business. So far Promapp has reduced onboarding time for new staff, given us a central depository for all our processes, and has given us a way to receive suggestions and feedback (in a productive way) to encourage process improvement. We used to keep everything in SharePoint in individual files that were stored in many different locations, all written in a different way. Promapp gives us more control as to who can write and edit processes.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve for process writers, but ultimately not an issue once you get used to it. It would also be nice to print dashboard screens.

Molly E.

So useful and great

Reviewed on 2017/06/23

Pros

Allows all the essential information to be stored in one place. Its also really great if you are working independently and need to find an answer to a query. It allows you to be informed fully of what is expected of you in tasks and processes that we must do.

Cons

It can be hard to navigate around , when you first use it, it seems hard to get to a process that links to your question as you dont know what word to type in initially. The video guide does help with this though

Debbi N.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Northland's perspective

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

I love Promapp and tell all my friends how wonderful it is - AVIS rentals was one of them. A company where I think it would make a huge difference.

Pros

The ease of updating, of viewing and sharing - everything

Cons

It takes so long for some staff to understand the benefits

Justine L.

I love Promapp!

Reviewed on 2016/07/11

We are just rolling it out around the organisation and its such a easy sell as its easy to create processes, review processes and find what you want. As with any system its got a few items that could do with improving, but overall its awesome!

Pros

Ease of use, search functionality, feedback, overall concept, personalisation, awesomeness dial.

Cons

Rule on decision boxes that yes can only go to another process. I would like to create my own reports but can't. Dashboard could be better, we have a few groups and when you scroll down to the bottom group you've lost the headings so can't remember what your looking at.

Jane D.

Process control for dummies!

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

We work in a highly regulated industry that expects our process control "words" to meet the reality and standards of what we do. Promapp has ensured ease of management and control over our processes and the ability to update when changes to regulations occur. Being able to link to current versions of regulations ensures we are never caught out. Also having all staff with access to the correct versions of processes ensures again we are not caught out being out of date. We do not utilise Promapp to the full extent of its functionality but what we do use is vitally important to us and has impressed so many external auditors over the years. I do not hesitate recommending Promapp as Process Control software

Frederick M.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Excellent Process Mapping tool

Reviewed on 2017/01/25

Promapp has been instrumental in helping us achieve certification in a tightly regulated industry.
The software delivers on its promise of making documentation easy to create and maintain.
Promapp has a very good implementation methodology which is very thorough and ensures the implementation is successful.

Pros

Interface is intuitive and easy to use

Cons

Doesn't have a training module yet however I beleive it is in the works

Samantha P.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Promapp

Reviewed on 2016/09/11

I think promapp is efficient and easy to use. It makes everyday work life more independent and creates acknowledge base where myself and other colleges can find resources and related information.

Pros

It is a wonderful and efficient way to access information independently.

Cons

Takes a little time to get to know the program and what you are working with, Takes time to gain the processes with in your promapp

Ashley M.

Great job at taking the work out of processes.

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

I really like promapp, it enables people to quickly and easily update processes and procedures without having to spend a lot of time locating the process, formatting the process, up revising and getting the process approved. It takes the logistics and waste out of the exercise and ensures the staff are getting easy access to the most up to date procedures. Encouraging them to collaborate on the best method moving forward.

Response from Promapp

Hey Ashley,

Your review title is incredible! It's good to see we make keeping your process up-to-date super easy.

Thanks again,
Promapp Team

Ross G.

Great way to produce accurate and appropriate processes and improve on operational efficiency

Reviewed on 2016/06/07

Ease of use, great workflow capability for change authorisation and process improvement make Promapp a fantastic tool. Create standard, repeatable, accurate process maps for any area of the business, and by any one who own or understands the process.
Easily and quickly locate documents process maps from any device. Share Processes with colleagues through "mini-mode". Manage versions and reviews with ease.
Great support from the Vendor, always timely and helpful.
Great tool!

Lesleyann A.
  • Industry: Government Relations
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great Concept

Reviewed on 2016/07/27

Great graphics, mouse roll over helps with not having to click into information. Variety of departments can adjust information and has reminders and rating to keep information relevant.

Pros

That I can obtain information that is up to date from my peers and management.

Cons

Make it more usable for first time users, rather than those that already know the system.

Response from Promapp

Hey Lesleyann,

The mouse rollover and the search functionality are my two favorite parts of Promapp too. I think those two together make it so easy for people in the team that use Promapp maybe once or twice a year love it too.

Thanks again,
Menilik

Howard L.

Nice Product

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

The process map and the details you can go making a process is very good and exactly what we need. However, the speed and bugs in each upgrade for a client hosted version is very frustrating. I think clients in hosted environment will be happier than the self hosted clients. Need more attention for self hosted clients if the product is being sold as you can have it hosted in your own DC.

Joanna S.

Easy way to manage your business processes and business improvements

Reviewed on 2016/05/26

Very easy system to manage business processes and keep all the end users informed about any changes/updates to the processes they are in.
Business Improvement module allows employee to login all their ideas and suggestions on how to improve the current business processes. It creates transparency within our company and empowers employees to make a positive change.

Jennifer M.

"Haven't seen a system like it before and I love systems, so I love this!"

Reviewed on 2016/04/06

I have just started a new job with the Regional Council and while I haven't used it much yet I can see that it will be very helpful in my work. Not only will I be able to view the process for each task, I will also have quick access to the docs I need to use. It has a process and doc for just about anything I could possibly think of needing. Excellent!

Julie S.

Great customer service and training tools to get you started

Reviewed on 2016/03/31

The software is so easy to use, intuitive, logical & quick. Customer service was fantastic & very friendly to new users, and the short training videos and free webinars are insightful. I also found the import function to be a quick way to bring in existing processes.

Response from Promapp

Thank you for the great feedback.

Julie H.

J.Henare - TToH

Reviewed on 2017/01/26

I use PROMAPP at least once a everyday and am very happy with the ease of use.
I have no recommendations as my issues are related to our team and how they name documents. This is now underway to be resolved.