Join.me Reviews

Join.me

Online conferencing and meeting tool

4.4/5 (875 reviews)
Craig S.

Not all who us this platform are from the business sector.

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

80% of our clients have never experenced this type of online interaction. We introduce a "baby-step" version for their first time with us through a entry portol email. If you want to see what they are seeing here's our company's website. "CandLDesigns.com". Scroll down just a little and click on movie. We pioneered this for the average Joe, and it's talked about constantly in reviews of us. (all 5-star). Thanks, and I hope to see these easly changed "Con's," soon.

Pros

It's exciting for our client to come into the 22nd century! Most our client's have never done this. But through Join.Me's virtual platform our client spend money and up without ever meeting anyone from our company face to face.

Cons

1 – Your ad’s.
I pay for your yearly service, not the free version.
I do not like when you advertise your services to my client as the meeting ends. It cheapens my company’s importance to a client.
2 – Voice over computer.
This have always been an issue and continues to be. From Safari, Firefox, etc.
When my client tries to download app, the download goes onto their screen. They are on my screen and can’t find download. (read to understand in “Overall”).
3- Having to explain how to get rid of name bubbles and enlarge screen. You should have immediate that offers this function. Example, “would you like to display name bubbles, YES -or-NO”. Would you like you screen enlarged, NO-or-YES”. (if YES= option of 50%, 75%,100%)

Nancy O.

Join.Me for the Independent Contractor

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

Overall, it is a decent program for the investment level, but if the price goes up again this year, I will absolutely switch to another program. It has nearly doubled in price since I first started with them a few years ago. At this time, I would recommend it to other contractors and small businesses, based on current pricing, value for the dollar and ease of use.

Pros

I love being able to create webinars and allow my clients to take control of my screen or they can share their own. I am easily able to get through information by sharing my screen and data with them. It is one of the most convenient & easiest to use resources available to me to stay connected with my clients no matter where they are located.

Cons

1. Audio issues - if a client wants to call in via their computer, the audio is normally very poor and often they must call in on the phone line instead, because the computer audio tends to have issues like reverberations/echo/feedback.
2. Audio issues - not all parties can hear everyone clearly. I can typically hear everyone just fine, but sometimes 2 callers will not be able to hear each other loud & clear.
3. Google Calendar - I often have to disable and re-enable it to have it show up in my calendar

6.0/10
Jeff S.

A solid basic Conf and Screen sharing tool.

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

For smaller companies that would like a single tool, and understand you-get-what-you-pay-for, I would recommend this for use as video conference and even as a training and support tool. The Conferencing is overall quite good. For IT you can take advantage of the remote screen share over the web to work with remote users.

Honestly I like this product as a backup conference and screen sharing more than as my primary go-to. This is because we have another product for Conference and another for remote support where we can fully remote control someones workstation.
In my case I have used this multiple times in support cases where a remote user only can get internet and cant even fire VPN to connect in. So I cant use our primary tools, but we could use join.me.

Pros

This product is easy to use and intuitive enough that inexperienced users can pickup quickly or be coached to connect and it.
It has solid basic control and features to get its job done.
You can share screens and its useful for training and basic support
We do not use this ourselves but it can be used with up to a very large pool of 250 users.

Cons

1) Screen sharing is limited, especially when compared to other products.
2) Even though it is web-based you still need to DL a local client.
3) As other reviews have stated, it does seem to lag during times when your switching control over the desktop screen shared.
However in testing, this is a limitation of nearly all Conferencing apps I have tried and researched. They tend to run only as well as the wost connection. So while this is actually not directly a fault of this app, it can be seen as a "Con" for those seeking movie-like video conferencing.

7.0/10

Great Online Meeting Software

Reviewed on 2018/09/24

I started using Join.me as a simple meeting system for working with remote staff. Quickly I fell in love with and started using it frequently in my daily meetings. I now use it to also train staff for using software and have even started using it to troubleshoot their computers remotely using the ability to control their mouse and keyboard once they have approved it.

The software and service are rock solid, although they do depend on Internet connections. That said, I have only had an issue once over years of using their system. I cannot recommend them enough to other users.

Pros

- Excellent quality for screens (relies on Internet connection)
- Allows for presenters to be switched
- Meetings can be locked or open to the public easily
- Offers vanity URLS to simplify joining meetings
- Record online meetings
- In-line chat, control users in meetings (mute, kick-out etc)
- Allows meeting presenter to control other user's computers if they allow it

Cons

- Requires that the full software be installed prior to use if you are trying to control another user's computer (does not take long, but can be difficult for less technical users)
- If Internet is unsteady the software becomes unusable

Janosch F.

Finally online meetings done the way you expect them to be

Reviewed on 2018/11/24

Finally there it is. A Solution for online conferences, meetings, trainings you name it that does neither require you to install something which often you just can't) neither is a hassle to set up or join. For me this is the first time I have used a technical solution to do online training with parties outside of our company (that is to say which do not use our internal system) that worked just great. join.me is easy to use, technically solid and simple to use in a way that does get anyone (even the it adverse people) on board.

Pros

This simply works splendidly easy. We were invited to online training sessions via join.me and when I understood that I would have to spend many hours being remotely trained via a screensharing tool I my mood went sour as I remembered occasions of technical difficulties with the products I had known before using join.me. I was absolutely positively surprised. I found the join me invitation in my calendar invitation, clicked it an it worked like a charm. I just typed in my name and was connected to the training agent and my colleague as well. in parts it worked so well (no delay between image and audio transmission) that I sometimes almost forgot that this was an online session. In the beginning we used our phones for Audio but quickly switched to the integrated audio auf join.me after trying it out and finding it just simply amazing. In case I would have to point out one thing which I liked the most I'd say it was the smooth, easy and straight forward way of using it. This simply is a tool which does a dedicated job and does it focused, remains simple to use and worked for us like a charm.

Cons

Switching from phone to integrated audio was a small roadbumb in the overall fantastic user experience. We had to fiddle around a bit and other web applications I had used for playing back sound before the meeting started (actually listening to music via youtubemusic) seemed to interfere (mac osx 10.14.1) while open in another tab. After finding this out and closing all tabs that might mingle with the audio everything went fine.

Amber C.

Good Video Conferencing Tool, But Not The Best

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Overall, join.me will help you set up meetings and screenshares with clients pretty easily. Since we've just needed an easy Google Calendar integration that will provide a conference number and easy screen share abilities, we've just all switched to using Google Hangouts and have had much more success using their tools.

Pros

Join.me does make it easy to schedule conference calls with my own custom URL and phone conference ID. We currently use the paid version at our office, and thought it was a good introduction into video conferencing.

Cons

My biggest complaint was that the transition for screen sharing was always rough. I would have clients that would start in a web browser, try to share their screen, download the app, need to enter in new information and then we could finally get to the screenshare. This process would take a long time (likely due to download time, which isn't the software's fault) and would break up the flow of the call.

Having join.me advertise to our clients was something we didn't like either, plus we did have a few connection issues.

6.0/10

Great for screen to screen training!

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/17

it was an extremely helpful tool that saved me a lot of time training my new hires, instead of needing them to come in person to my office and having them sit right next to me going over things was tough because i had cramp space, after using join.me i can schedule multi people throughout the day have all my docs ready and programs opened and just review it with them- my employees also really liked this because they were able to train at the comfort of their own home, especially mostly they're in field. so orientation and training was crucial cause after that they don't work in office, so being able to utilize our software was important and they learn all that during the join.me session i'd schedule with them. haven't failed me once :)

Pros

I really liked the function of the screen to screen sharing option along with mouse control no limited to only one of us. both parties in the chat can use it. this made my life so much easier when i was training my new employees for orientation and training regarding softwares we use or reviewing documents and forms together. a lot of my employees were more of a visual so handing them a manual didn't cut it for them as to when i can speak and show them what i'm talking about over a screen to screen conference call & if we don't have a mic on our computer there's also the chat option so made it helpful, or we just call over the phone as we review over the computer.

Cons

it was a bit harder to install for my older employees since they weren't as tech savy, they always had a problem sharing their screen on their side of the computer, i think it was an installation or start up program. i kept running into this issue.

Easy to use conference and screen share software

Reviewed on 2019/05/09

I am able to assist others remotely to understand how to work with different softwares by conducting a join.me meeting and sharing screens. This allows me to provide more focused help that is relevant to what they need and they can see what i'm doing and better understand how to do things on their own.

Pros

Join.me has allowed me to easily host a screen share for collaborating with other people on different projects. Sometimes you don't want to have to install and ton of software or set people up in order to just do a simple screen share. Join.me allows me to easily share and collaborate in a way that is easy for the people i am working with regardless of their tech expertise level. I like how they have both a online version and a version you can install if desired to your personal computer. And i love how they offer a free version for those of us that don't need to do it all the time and who have basic needs.

Cons

I have not ran into anything that i didn't particularly like. It has worked flawlessly for what i need it for. It could be that if you have some advanced needs, that it would be good to research to see if these are possible. But for conducting a meeting where you'd like to do more than just talk and need to share a screen to keep people on the same page, this works great.

Keyana K.

Great Internet Calling, Conferencing and Screen-Sharing Program

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

I've had a great experience with Join.Me overall. I love how easy it is to set up calls.

Pros

My company uses Join.Me frequently , whether it's our sales team reaching out to clients or a remote session between myself and an off-site controller. It's a very fast and reliable program that's easy to use in the office or while travelling, as Join.me has the capabilities to initiate meetings from your smartphone, tablet, or laptop. Join.Me allows you to record and document conferences, then share them to people with busier schedules and were unable to make it. The pricing structure is great, no matter your budget, especially considering the amount of features you get: screen-sharing, file transfer, standalone audio, mobile apps, internet talking, multiple meeting participants, and good cloud storage sizes, to name a few. (Storage size and the number of meeting participants will vary according to your specific price plan.) Join.Me's customer service is very reliable and top-notch. I'm confident that my company will never be out of the loop or out of touch with clients, both domestic and international.

Cons

My company uses the Pro level of Join.Me, and while it's decent, sometimes, I do wish we got a little more than 5 GB of storage...just for peace of mind.

Michael S.

Simple, easy to use conferencing software.

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Even though Hangouts conferencing is free, most of our users prefer join.me because of how simple it is to use.

Pros

Of all the popular conferencing software available such as GoToMeeting, Bluejeans from Adobe, and Zoom, in my experience, join.me is the easiest to use. The interface is simple and easy to navigate, especially when you're screen sharing and giving presenter roles to another user is . We use the Pro edition which allows you to invite 50 participants and 10 webcam streams, but I've never had more than 10 callers on a line. I've never had any complaints over voice quality. I also like how you're able to personalize and rename your conference room, e.g. join.me/yourname. This makes it easy when trying to coordinate large calls.

Cons

Although this is reasonably priced, there are free conferencing tools available like Google Hangouts which allow you to invite up to 150 participants and up to 25 video calls.

Vincent Y.

Simple screen sharing software that just works!

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

As a software salesperson, I use join.me on a daily basis to allow multiple people to see my screen as I perform product demonstrations. It's easy to use, and I can set up a screen share in a matter of seconds which cuts down on the prep time needed for demonstrations and lightens my workload. Overall, a great piece of software.

Pros

The best thing about join.me is that it's simple. Not only is it very easy to install and setup, but it is also very easy for users to join a screen share on any device with just a link. Even the most non-tech savvy people will be able to figure it out.

Cons

It can get a little pricey on a subscription. Also, every time after I finish a screen share session, join.me asks if I have 5 seconds to upgrade to a new version. That's fine, but why does it do that EVERY single time? I suspect that even when I do click upgrade and it restarts the program, the updates are not going through properly. It's difficult to believe that there would be an update multiple times a day, every day of the week. If that really is the case, their development team must be on top of things!

Join Me has been great for collaborating on our development projects with remote teams.

Reviewed on 2017/11/19

The greatest benefit we get from this software is the feeling that our team is not separated by location. We can easily get everyone together and hear / see everyone on the project. Most of all, we can go back and reference old recordings when needed.

Pros

We love that we can pull together people from many locations and do design reviews and development demonstrations, as well as record the sessions for future use. Video recordings are generated quickly and easy to share. Audio and video quality are very good.

Cons

The login process can be complicated and take several attempts due to the captcha tech in place. Also, sometimes audio quality can have too many digital dropouts when too many people are on the call. This is rare, but it does happen. Guest users have to download the app before they can share their screens which can be a meeting disruption and complicated for that user.

Justin N.

I used this software to remotely connect to internal and external customers machines to assist them

Reviewed on 2018/06/27

It makes troubleshooting customers problems a whole lot easier than telling them what to do. With join.me I can have them share their screen with me and I can take over the mouse and fix the issue. It also makes group presentations easy and seamless with my service team.

Pros

It's a great app that offers users a free version without many restrictions. Ease of use and quick connectivity between users. Sharing your screen is very easy and works well when presenting to large crowds either in front of them or remotely. It's very easy to schedule meetings. The quality on the phone app is amazing! It's seamless when taking control of another users machine to troubleshoot problems.

Cons

It can be a little pricey for a small business or a start up company. For less skilled users the interface can be hard to use at first. Video can be choppy when using your mobile device or if your internet connect isn't very fast. Some average computer users complain that it's a little difficult to join meetings for the first time.

Caleb B.

Perfect for one-off demos

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

We use join.me to accomplish a simple but powerful task: One on one demos. This has been our greatest asset in driving and closing new sales. It's been reliable and never dropped a meeting or been broken. Plus it's a lightweight app; you don't need to manage heavy settings or go through lengthy setups.

Pros

The best feature of join.me is the easy setup and quick meeting initiation. You open the app, pick a screen to share, and copy the generated link/email it to your client. We have used this throughout our office to conduct one on one live demos with our prospective customers and it's worked great. I love that my prospects can simply click a short url and join the meeting--no software to download or finagle.

Cons

If you need multiple people in on the meeting, this isn't the best software. It's challenging to juggle multiple people, and you can't hand off presentation easily or interact via chat. This is definitely not a good choice for webinars; there aren't great controls to mute/chat/interact with others.

Thomas M.

Join.Me Experience from start to finish

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

My team at my firm was using their own individual services to present and we have since switched to ALL use Join.me since it is so easy.

Pros

I love the Join.Me application. I have used others in the past: Zoom, GoToMeeting, etc. I found Join.Me to the easiest to use from a manager/presenter stand point. I love that I can schedule meetings in the future from the site which will remind me on my phone. I also added the Join.Me extension in Google Chrome so it will interact with my GMAIL Calendar. The recording feature is a BIG time saver and has limited my liability with clients because everything is recorded. It has saved me several times.

Cons

I wish it had a way to transcribe the audio conversation like GoTo Meeting has. I have had some issues every so often with the audio being a little choppy

Steven M.

Simple remote desktop sharing success

Reviewed on 2019/05/23

I used join.me three to four days a week for nearly 10 years providing customer training. I also provided internal training and internal conferences through join.me. I really like the simple interface and how quickly I was able to create a share session and send out the share code.

Pros

Join.me was very simple to setup and use. I could easy spin-up a remote session and either provide the code over the phone or through chat or email. Screen sharing and pausing were very simple as was communicating with users that joined the remote share session.

Cons

Having to use a seperate phone conference system along with the remote desktop share was not perfect. With some other remote systems you can provide phone codes and control attendees on the phone call through the remote sharing software making the single solution much simpler.

Susan B.

Screen sharing for the rest of us

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

Pros

I've been using Join.me for years now, and I still love it. Whether I need to teach a virtual WP session one-on-one or share my screen with a client to review Google Analytics results, I know that Join.me will be easy for them to use, will work across multiple platforms (Linux/chrombook, Mac, PC). And for basic sharing it's free.

When you go to site, you simply select whether you're sharing your screen or joining someone on another screen. If you're sharing you're screen, you'll be given a sharing "code" - provide this to the other party (parties) and direct them to the site (join.me - that's the URL). They will select the option to join a meeting and simply enter the code you've provided.

That's it. It's that simple.

If you're running meetings, or need more professional features, they have three tiers of paid service to choose from depending on your needs.

Cons

On rare occassions, the service will drop - doesn't happen often but when it does it's a bit of pain - and you'll know it's the service because everything else on your computer will be working fine.

7.0/10

Does what it says it does

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

I use Join.me to share my desktop with client for the purposes of reviewing designs and illustrations. It's good for that. I don't use any of the voice functionality. I occasionally use the pointer and highlighter. I do find it frustrating when I need the user to share their desktop with me. I assumed that the process is easy to do but I don't have a way to see what they may be confused by. It would be nice if Join.me would provide me with some instructions with visuals that tell me what the user is seeing, that way I could perhaps help them through the steps. Otherwise, I'm blind and have had to give up on sharing in the past.

Pros

I've been using Join.Me for about 3 years now. It's a very effective way to share my desktop with clients when reviewing a design or trying to zero in on a visual solution.

Cons

I don't like that I can't see what the user sees when they first attempt to come to the meeting. I've had several people assume that the stock image Join.me uses are pictures of something relevant to me. For instance "Oh, is that your dog?" and I have no idea what they're seeing. Really, Join.me needs to loose the objective images and go to something abstract -- that or let ME choose what image gets displayed.

Dan Z.

Best we have used

Reviewed on 2019/01/31

Pros

We have tried a number of different screen share options, and join.me is the simplest and most reliable we have found. It's very easy to use and is incredibly stable (unlike some of their competitors - e.g. UberConference). It is also very fairly priced (below market compared to WebEx, etc). Additionally, I appreciate that you can set your own conference number, and are not required to use their conference line (as we have a separate service for that). Would recommend.

Cons

The only real downside is that we have one conference room in our office that has a chromebook and we cannot use join.me on it... a small issue that probably does not apply to most, but worth noting.

Jackie G.

Online Talk

Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Pros

Join.me allowed me and my fellow peers to meet up and talk when we didn't have time to do it outside of work and classes. I could just setup a room and send my classmates the code that is needed to join and in a snap of a finger they got it. There was barely any lag or down-time which allowed it to be very reliable within the community without having the worry to wait for it to come back up.

Cons

There are, however, better options that allows us to face time with other people and still have the same features join.me can offer. Skype for example is one of the softwares that allow you to create group chats and voice chats anything and wherever you would like.

Emily P.

Great screen sharing software

Reviewed on 2018/11/24

Pros

Love the ease os screen sharing! We use this everyday to do product walk throughs with our customers. Love that we are able to use this with our international customers as well, makes it so we can use one product for both international and US customers.

Cons

if there are multiple people wanting to do the product walk through and they are not in the same room to receive the code or be on the phone together, it's not the best product for that. There is also a little bit of confusion sometimes on the log in process. We get a lot of customers not sure if they are supposed to download something before they can type in the code, but overall a great everyday product.

Quick screen share or scheduled meeting, it does it all

Reviewed on 2018/11/15

Pros

Is it weird to say that I love a screen-sharing tool? My experience with join.me has been nothing short of stellar. With join.me, the process of sharing my screen quickly is as easy as reading off a URL or sending someone a link. With a visit to that URL, the other people are in and see exactly what I want to share. Choosing windows or screens to share is simple and intuitive as well, even with multiple monitors, so I'm confident that people can see only what I want to show them and not my inbox or text messages. The call quality and sharing quality is good, too (but of course any screen sharing tool will be bandwidth- and connection-dependent).

Cons

My least favorite thing is that anyone who wants to share a screen in a join.mehas to download software to do it. This is true of pretty much any of the leading tools, but it is a pain point, particularly when you want to troubleshoot something with someone, or when someone who isn't used to presenting is supposed to present.

Mike M.

Video Conferencing Simplified With join.me

Reviewed on 2019/02/20

The free version of this product is something any business should try so they can see the benefits of this product for stress free worldwide communication. It is easy to transition to the full version from there. The ability to connect with both audio and video with a very good and clear quality is an asset. There is no garbled communication as can be found on other similar products. Just connect through a standard web browser and meetings are easy to host. You are able to share screens for discussion and analysis. Level of technical ability is removed, there is no complicated process, no signing up for anything, just use join.me and effective communication is at your fingertips.

Pros

The simplest online conference tool to handle meetings. It's simple and easy to use. I have used join.me for both business and personal use because of the ease of using this program. You can record the meeting for later use which is a real benefit.

Cons

The software sometimes tries to force the connection instead of waiting for the connection to stabilize. Aside from this we have had no real problems or complaints.

join.me useful for support sessions

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Remote PC support upon request using a lower cost solution that LogmeIn or Teamviewer.

Pros

Easy to provide users either manually or through an email with the link to join a hosted join.me session.
It is important and useful to switch the presenter so that the user is displaying their screen for support purposes. Join.me is useful when a user either does not have Teamviewer installed or does not want Teamviewer to be installed on their PC. I would also consider using Splashtop as an alternative if the remote PC is one of the registered PC's to my Splashtop remote account. It is all a matter of cost as to which remote access software I use and how often I need to connect to the remote PC for support.

Cons

Unlike Teamviewer, the screen goes dark when a remote user system prompt to accept permissions and/or authorization to proceed displays. I as the support rep assisting the user have to guess that this has occurred, ask the user what is displaying on the screen, and manually ask them to respond to the prompt to proceed. Teamviewer, although much more expensive when using a paid license does not have any such limitations

Laura N.

Great meeting and recording software for teams

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

We have used join.me often for phone calls, and a few times for webinars and event streaming. Overall, it has brought far more benefit than headache, and I'm looking forward to continuing to learn how we can use this tool to its fullest potential in our operations.

Pros

It's easy to use join.me for phone calls, video chats, screen sharing, etc. Recording these sessions is simple and allows for review later to capture a session without having to worry about taking notes. It's easy to set up or join sessions from mobile or desktop, and the quality of video and audio is not bad. With the plan we use, we can have up to 250 individuals join a session, which exceeds our needs and opens the door to a lot of possibilities that we hadn't considered before when it come to remote support, meetings, and events.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way during a meeting set up to ensure audio from those calling in is controlled and can be muted regardless of how they are connecting their audio. It's not something that's intuitive while in the middle of a meeting.