1 328 reviews

Join.Me

Online conferencing and meeting tool

1 328 reviews
Joel S.
  • Industry: Accounting

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Reviewed on 2021/01/01

It's been okay, but their billing practices have continuously been offensive and unprofessional. Last year they charged me for annual service without forewarning. I didn't need that many licenses anymore. Even though I contacted them on the day I was notified of the charge, they refused a refund! I ended up having to do a chargeback for the licenses I did not want. That's obnoxious. They refused to assist me with a refund even when I pointed out no warning was given of impending charges. This year, my card expired. They sent me a warning after the billing that I was going to be sent to collections. That was the first I heard from them about this issue. Talk about offensive! Then when I tried to pay, I was taken to a broken link from their email. The email address they told me to contact in their letter was no longer working, and when I logged in to pay, I was told I didn't have proper access. 3 strikes in just 10 minutes. I'm thinking my company can do without Join.me/logmein.

Pros

It used to work well before other, better software came along. Now it's useful occasionally.

Cons

Clients had a difficult time getting into meetings. It was difficult to talk them through joining. Sometimes a username/password or registration was required, other times, not. Also, it asked for email addresses of attendees which I didn't like. They don't have a right to ask for my client's email, so I always found that kind of offensive. Since there was no tutorial showing what a client sees when they tried to join a meeting, there were times where the client would run into trouble and we weren't able to help, so we had to give up on using them for certain meetings.

Jordan G.

Simple and Effective Presentations

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

Join Me makes it extremely easy to perform impromptu training sessions and provide support by quickly sharing screens.

Pros

I've used join.me for over 5 years and really enjoy how easy it is to start an online meeting. It is very simple to either send a participant a link, or tell them to visit join.me and enter in a code. I love that I can have a pre-defined code and not have to use a set of numbers.

Cons

join.me make is very easy to start a meeting and passing presenter control to a participant, however in order for the participant to share their screen they need to download the app. This is confusing to my non technical audience. I'd like the ability for participant to share their screens either without having to download the app, or require the app to join the meeting. Additionally, users have been confused when they visit join.me, sometimes it asks them to create an account.

• Used Other for 1+ year

Great for screen to screen training!

Reviewed on 2019/01/17

it was an extremely helpful tool that saved me a lot of time training my new hires, instead of needing them to come in person to my office and having them sit right next to me going over things was tough because i had cramp space, after using join.me i can schedule multi people throughout the day have all my docs ready and programs opened and just review it with them- my employees also really liked this because they were able to train at the comfort of their own home, especially mostly they're in field. so orientation and training was crucial cause after that they don't work in office, so being able to utilize our software was important and they learn all that during the join.me session i'd schedule with them. haven't failed me once :)

Pros

I really liked the function of the screen to screen sharing option along with mouse control no limited to only one of us. both parties in the chat can use it. this made my life so much easier when i was training my new employees for orientation and training regarding softwares we use or reviewing documents and forms together. a lot of my employees were more of a visual so handing them a manual didn't cut it for them as to when i can speak and show them what i'm talking about over a screen to screen conference call & if we don't have a mic on our computer there's also the chat option so made it helpful, or we just call over the phone as we review over the computer.

Cons

it was a bit harder to install for my older employees since they weren't as tech savy, they always had a problem sharing their screen on their side of the computer, i think it was an installation or start up program. i kept running into this issue.

Susan B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Screen sharing for the rest of us

Reviewed on 2018/11/01

Pros

I've been using Join.me for years now, and I still love it. Whether I need to teach a virtual WP session one-on-one or share my screen with a client to review Google Analytics results, I know that Join.me will be easy for them to use, will work across multiple platforms (Linux/chrombook, Mac, PC). And for basic sharing it's free.

When you go to site, you simply select whether you're sharing your screen or joining someone on another screen. If you're sharing you're screen, you'll be given a sharing "code" - provide this to the other party (parties) and direct them to the site (join.me - that's the URL). They will select the option to join a meeting and simply enter the code you've provided.

That's it. It's that simple.

If you're running meetings, or need more professional features, they have three tiers of paid service to choose from depending on your needs.

Cons

On rare occassions, the service will drop - doesn't happen often but when it does it's a bit of pain - and you'll know it's the service because everything else on your computer will be working fine.

• Industry: Higher Education

Does what it says it does

Reviewed on 2018/07/30

I use Join.me to share my desktop with client for the purposes of reviewing designs and illustrations. It's good for that. I don't use any of the voice functionality. I occasionally use the pointer and highlighter. I do find it frustrating when I need the user to share their desktop with me. I assumed that the process is easy to do but I don't have a way to see what they may be confused by. It would be nice if Join.me would provide me with some instructions with visuals that tell me what the user is seeing, that way I could perhaps help them through the steps. Otherwise, I'm blind and have had to give up on sharing in the past.

Pros

I've been using Join.Me for about 3 years now. It's a very effective way to share my desktop with clients when reviewing a design or trying to zero in on a visual solution.

Cons

I don't like that I can't see what the user sees when they first attempt to come to the meeting. I've had several people assume that the stock image Join.me uses are pictures of something relevant to me. For instance "Oh, is that your dog?" and I have no idea what they're seeing. Really, Join.me needs to loose the objective images and go to something abstract -- that or let ME choose what image gets displayed.

Laura N.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Great meeting and recording software for teams

Reviewed on 2019/04/22

We have used join.me often for phone calls, and a few times for webinars and event streaming. Overall, it has brought far more benefit than headache, and I'm looking forward to continuing to learn how we can use this tool to its fullest potential in our operations.

Pros

It's easy to use join.me for phone calls, video chats, screen sharing, etc. Recording these sessions is simple and allows for review later to capture a session without having to worry about taking notes. It's easy to set up or join sessions from mobile or desktop, and the quality of video and audio is not bad. With the plan we use, we can have up to 250 individuals join a session, which exceeds our needs and opens the door to a lot of possibilities that we hadn't considered before when it come to remote support, meetings, and events.

Cons

I wish there was an easier way during a meeting set up to ensure audio from those calling in is controlled and can be muted regardless of how they are connecting their audio. It's not something that's intuitive while in the middle of a meeting.

Gilberto P.
  • Industry: Supermarkets
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

join.me is a cost-effective platform for creating meetings and surveys

Reviewed on 2020/05/06

At work we use it to conduct meetings about the content that we will modify on the website. It also allows us to offer training for users who need to learn how to upload content on the web.

Pros

What I like most about join.me is its function of conducting surveys of meeting members. Another feature that I like is its interface, it is very easy to use. Plus, I also like being able to record the meetings. In addition integration with the calendar also seems very useful to me.

Cons

Sometimes there is slowness in image updates when the video conference is being broadcast, especially these glitches occur through the iOS mobile app.

Zack P.

Decent conferencing tool in a field of subpar and overbloated products

Reviewed on 2019/12/10

Overall join.me at the time was a great product that set itself apart from the large enterprise level clunky products and the free simple conference call services that were out there at the time. But it couldn't keep up at newer products came to market that offered more ease of use and better features.

Pros

Ease of use was the number 1 concern when we were first trying to find a web conferencing tool. And at the time Join.me was worlds apart from the other big players in the market. The ability to share a link and direct users right into your conference, or generate a new meeting quickly and disseminate it to your team was very advanced at the time. The call quality was also very good which was a must-have.

Cons

It turned out that it was lacking in features like custom scheduling, custom sharing links and more granular permissions on calls. Also the ability to share multiple screens easily and chat and interacting on the calls was very very basic.

Josh L.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Quick screenshares

Reviewed on 2019/09/27

Our team uses join.me to quickly share screens and collaborate on things that take more than 1 person. We feel like this is one of the easiest systems for screen sharing very quickly.

Pros

We like the fact that join.me can open very quickly and is very simple to use by our teams. There are no clunky options that slow down the service so the screen shares are very quick to long into and have little lag.

Cons

It's now mandatory that you download the join.me software which makes sending a link to someone outside your organization harder as they have to download something quickly. sometimes this causes delay or confusion.

Kathy H.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Join.Me--Great for Screen Sharing!

Reviewed on 2018/07/27

Overall, Join.Me has been a huge asset for me and my team. It is easy to use for both the host and for meeting participants, no matter where the individuals sit around the world.

Pros

Screen sharing sessions are critical to my line of work. Join.Me makes the process simple and straightforward for all. I like having Join.Me integrated with my calendar, as well as having a dedicated URL with my company name. Additionally, I have international calls from time-to-time. I truly appreciate that Join.Me offers international dial-in numbers for geographies all over the globe.

Cons

It seems there is a new version of the software nearly every time I log-in and I am always being prompted to install the newest version. This may be operator error, but I find it clunky that I cannot click the link in email invitation that I generated to activate my host status in the meeting. To ensure that I am the host, I need to click on the application saved on my computer.

Scott S.

Best free screen sharing solution

Reviewed on 2018/12/11

I use Join.me to demo software, dashboards, and prior work with potential clients, as well as keeping current clients up to date. I used to pay for GoToMeeting, and would send recorded meetings to prospects/clients. I found they never reviewed or needed the recordings, so "downgraded" to the free version of Join.us. For me, it has been a flawless solution for my needs.

Pros

Over the years I've used GoToMeeting extensively, Screenleap somewhat and my new go-to, Join.me. There are three things I love about Join.me. 1: It has always worked flawlessly for me. 2. The free version meets my requirements, so the price is awesome! 3. It is super simple to use. When I was using GoToMeeting regularly, I found myself having to talk my audience through how to see my screen. I haven't had to do that with Join.me, so two thumbs up.

Cons

It's not a limitation specific to Join.me, but it would be nice to effectively be able to share a video over a screen sharing session.

Shakira J.

Sharing Screens for Meetings with join.me

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Pros

The software is user- friendly. Definitely perfect for those in the inside sales, call center, client service and more customer support industries.

Cons

When I first used the software, it did take me some time to understand it and learn it. So step by step instructions should be provided so users can become adjusted to the software quickly.

Jeff L.

Perfect tool for online meetings

Reviewed on 2020/10/07

I'd recommend join.me to anyone that needs to be able to visually communicate with clients, partners or even friends. In today's current climate, being able to easily communicate with others is essential and join.me takes the stress out of having to adjust to non-contact meetings.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. I work for a digital marketing company and there are plenty of occasions where i need to be able to show my client's what we are working on, but do to the nature of what we do behind the scenes it's a lot easier to have them jump on a join.me session and show them rather than walk them through the back end of their website. The face that i can bring others into a meeting without them having to signup for something is a big plus

Cons

i haven't really ran into any scenarios where i was dissatisfied with join.me, it isn't overly complicated so it's pretty cut and dry

Victoria P.

Easy to use and navigate

Reviewed on 2018/08/01

Pros

I am still learning more about the various things I can do while dealing with a customer online. The capability to alter pens with ease, develop shapes, draw, and emphasize makes my task a lot easier. Due to the fact that he or she understands that duplicating exactly what I describe is not as required as it was in the past, the capability to tape the session makes it more affordable for my customer.

Cons

When the private finalizing up with the conference presently has an account, I do not like the fact that it requires you to establish an account to host a conference. It used to let you use it without an account the initial time, which was excellent.

Maygan C.

Screen Sharing That Works

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

Join me has made it easy for us to onboard new clients and make presentations all over the world right from the comfort of our office.

Pros

Join Me is very easy to use and has a plugin for Outlook that lets you schedule meetings and inserts the screenshare details in the email for you.

Cons

Many times you will find that the other user is lagging behind and will need to refresh their browser and reconnect to refresh the connection.

Clayton F.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Occasionally slow and can sometimes be difficult to use. Screen sharing works nicely though.

Reviewed on 2017/12/19

Pros

The ability to share your screen works well and presenting to large crowds has become easy even remotely.

Cons

Updates require an uninstall and reinstall which is annoying especially when I have a meeting i am running into. This can take up to 10 minutes to complete. Occasionally is very glitchy and slows down. The computer audio has never worked so, we always need to use the phone bridge.

John H.

Stable and Clear

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

Pros

After using many meeting application I have to say Join.Me is my favorite. Over the years it has provided a stable conference environment for my clients and the call quality has always been clear.

Cons

The only downside is the meeting room size, for day to day client meetings it's perfect. However, when we need to do larger training sessions the room cap is an issue.

Ash K.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Join.me

Reviewed on 2019/11/14

As I said above, this has been an incredible service for my fellow designers and myself to exchange and critique each other's work. Since that is our primary source of use. In all my year's of using this service, I can honestly say I'd never use another.

Pros

I've been using this service for many years, I enjoy how easy and efficient it is to setup, but also how enjoyable it's been as a pass time amongst my circle of friends. We primarily use this service to exchange different styles of our design work, and it has always gone magnificently.

Cons

At times, the service can freeze and tend to lag on the other person's end, but never a sufficient amount to where it causes substantial issues. Otherwise I'm completely happy with this service.

Chad F.

Gives Go-To Meeting a run for its money

Reviewed on 2016/12/16

I have been using Join.me for a few years now. I was initially using the free version and we have since purchased licenses for all of our meetings. It loads quick, it's easy to use, and I love the short URL.

Pros

Easy to use, installs & loads quick, short URL (perfect for sharing with clients). I also like the ability to schedule meetings from the join.me app and do recaps.

Cons

None! for the price you can't beat join.me

Amanda M.

Join.Me - Great for hosting online meetings!

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

As a digital marketing company, Join.Me is the backbone behind our business. This software allows us to have meetings with clients across not only the country, but the world!

Pros

Very easy to use. The ability to transfer presenter roles is also really helpful!

Cons

There seems to be a short lag time during some presentations. This may be true for all online screen sharing systems though.

Kenneth L.

JOIN ME IN THIS REVIEW

Reviewed on 2019/07/21

Overall, it has not let me down yet!

Pros

Join.me has been helpful setting up meetings with those not on our companies tenant. Its very easy to use and i definitely recommend it to those who need to set up meetings for external companies

Cons

Nothing. this is a great software! It is so easy to use!

Dan T.

You should join up with join.me

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

It was very good, mostly. Sometimes the site could be confusing to the less tech-savvy people, who thought they needed to pay to use it. But once you get past that, it was a very helpful tool for anyone who needs to work with/help someone remotely.

Pros

When I was working in a technical support/IT position, I used this software almost daily. It was very handy to work with remote clients to assist them live, as if I was there in the room with them.

Cons

Sometimes the homepage could be a bit confusing. Trying to walk someone who isn't very tech-savvy through finding the right page, and downloading the right link and then how to start it up without having to pay was a headache sometimes.

Ashley N.

Quick & Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Excellent product!

Pros

I like how quick it is to share your screen with customers partners. There is nothing for a user to download, all they need to do is be connected to the internet click the link and you can start your meeting or share your screen. Very helpful for support and customer service. I also like the controls you have as an admin the ask for permission feature for users trying to join the meeting.

Cons

There can sometimes be a delay in the screen share or voice. It requires everyone have a very strong internet connection or you will be kicked out of the meeting. Overall great product and the price point is very affordable for businesses.

Luke A.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Excellent platform for training and information dispersal in the field

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Pros

The Join.me app has allowed us to offer training sessions and disperse new information via the web without having everyone in the same room. It offered an interactive environment with pretty decent participant controls. We could go over things and have our employees follow along in a classroom style environment (including visual aids and live speakers) in the comfort of their own homes. The support staff is phenomenal.

Cons

Overall, the software has exceeded our expectations across the board. We had some initial concerns upon setup, but the software was very easy to figure out. The LogMeIn team was very helpful and walked us through every step to make sure we were good to go.

William F.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Super easy online presentation / web conference software

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

We have used Join.me for the past 4 years to train customers, present solutions or concepts, and screen share with colleagues. It has been a solid addition to our stable of monthly subscription software that we use and a backbone of a portion of our business.

Pros

Join.me allows you to share a screen, or a window, or just a browser tab. You can lock a conference to require permission to join or simply open it up for anyone. The paid version allows you to use a custom URL for branding. You can also make use of the built-in VOIP for the audio portion of the presentation or specify your own conference bridge.

Cons

Early on, the built-in audio had some issues, but this seems to have been resolved.