GoTo Connect Reviews

GoTo Connect

The first-ever truly unified voice and video solution.

Donny
Donny

GoTo Connect is a great cloud PBX!

Reviewed on 2023/03/31

So far it has been a positive experience

So far it has been a positive experience

Pros

The ease of use out of the box was great and made a smooth transition from our previous products.

Cons

The interface can be confusing at times and it can be difficult to navigate

Merrick
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine
  • Used for 6-12 months

Jive over everything!

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Jive is so much simpler than it’s more expensive, less customer oriented counterparts.

Pros

Jive is what Ringcentral used to be: an easy behind the scenes portal for administrators to easily manage phone trees, voice messages, and digital faxes. Jive allows you to create actual ‘click and drag’ style phone systems. The customer service team is relatively local, well informed, and has ideal follow through. Jive beats it’s competitors in functionality and price. The Apps they offer are great for doing distance work and responding to voice messages out of the office.

Cons

The digital fax function requires you to use an email account and copy paste destination info into your ‘to’ field. This process was rarely convenient.

RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Connect

Ringcentral is a complex maze of patches and updates. It’s user interface has become more nightmare-like over time.

RingCentral MVP
Colin

Good, almost great.

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Pros

Integration into our dental practice management software. Curved Hero.
Text messaging evolution has gotten better, but need improvement.

Cons

Two things:
1) They are constantly having issues with their text message system. I heard they are thinking of cutting the system altogether. I think that would be a big mistake. Jive just needs to figure it out. We use it all the time to communicate with my patients. If they drop this software, we would probably change providers. I don't want to.
2) customer support emails: they need to summarize the issues in their emails asking if the issue has been resolved. I have many staff members and from time to time they call Jive to help with an issue. I see Jive respond asking if everything is fixed, which is great, but I don't know what is fixed. It would be great, if in the follow up email, Jive would include:
1) a summary of the problem
2) who called it in
3) who is fixing the issue
4) what was done to fix it
5) then ask if everything is good
That type of response would be impressive and I don't think it would take much to make that happen.
3) Extra emphasis on the text option - fix it, DON'T drop it. Thx.

Ann
Ann
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

The best business decision I ever made

Reviewed on 2019/01/29

The one thing I don't have to worry about in my office is the phone service. The phones are there and the call flow helps my business run smoothly.

Pros

This software is easy to use even for a novice like me. This system is able to grow with my company and I can make the necessary adjustments myself with ease. If I do ever run into a situation that I have trouble with (all centered around my being close to a Luddite) the customer service department is quick to contact and ready to help. They have been understanding and helpful and supportive all the way. I can't say enough about how great this service is.

Cons

Sometimes the time on the phone changes to the wrong time. I don't know if that is something I am doing on my end or a glitch in the phones. If it ever bothers me I call and the tech department can fix it for me. They tend to change again later though.

João
João
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Video and audio in one platform.

Reviewed on 2021/10/08

With the COVID pandemic, the GoToConnect platform helped employees to collaborate due to the quarantine and everyone working from their homes. We use the voip service a lot to communicate for free and the videoconference feature to make regular meetings, presentations and training. The experience was very good.

Pros

GoToConnect has everything we need to work away from the office and maintain optimal communication. In this software I like the integration of videoconferencing features, VOIP audio conferencing and corporate instant messaging. It is compatible with Windows and Android and IOS operating systems. I use it every day to chat with my colleagues and clients, using Voip when something is fast and when it requires a presentation I do online meetings.

Cons

GoToConnect still has some instabilities on android where it happened to close the application without my permission. But I see that on PC I have nothing to complain about.

Rex
Rex
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Best VoIP!

Reviewed on 2019/10/12

Great! Best VoIP solution on the market! integration with their video conferencing solution is currently free. They are always upgrading and imporving. Full of features to meet the growing small business.

Pros

Full of features of a full PBX system. call parking, and auto answer are great features. Also the call routing. wide range of options. Large selection of harware and phone options. Great for any size business. We are not a very big company but as we grow so does our phone usage and Jive can expand easily to more extensions, etc. Jive mobile app is included free, and you can have calls forwarded to your cell phone.

Cons

No real cons. Could have more walk through setup wizards that could setup things for you. It can get confusing when you have a large system and need to make changes.

Robin
Robin
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reliable voice service and excellent customer service

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Since JIVE provides the phone and fax service for my employer, there is a lot at stake. There have been few problems, and customer service is excellent. Even when we switched Internet providers and there was an incompatibility between JIVE and the new equipment, Customer Service stayed with us until our phones and fax were functional again. Five stars just for the Customer Service!

Pros

This software is pretty seamless. Once it is set up, there is really no need to tinker with it. It works well, and if there needs to be a change, Customer Service is right there to help.

Cons

Not too crazy about the new interface, but getting used to it. Also not thrilled that there is no way to block spam faxes.

Allison
Allison
  • Industry: Insurance

Office Phones

Reviewed on 2019/02/15

its a hit or miss with customer service. I have had exceptional reps that has solved my problem quickly and with ease but i have also had reps that have just made the problem worse and rushed me off the phone.

Pros

I really like that my staff and I can take our phones home with us so we can work from home when the weather is bad. I also really love that if the phone isnt answered at my office it will ring on my personal cell.

Cons

I think it could be a little bit more user friendly but Im not the most tech savvy person.

Jake
Jake

I have had a fantastic experience with Jive from onboarding to support to expansion! Always...

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Ease of use. Administration. Consistent constant uptime.

Ease of use. Administration. Consistent constant uptime.

Pros

I can configure everything I need to from my administration portal. I need to rely on support for very little unless I want to.

Cons

I don't fully understand the terminology that's used. I do my Google searches to learn, but it would also be helpful to have definitions for lay people on every page as well as tips and guidance.

joan

Good VOIP with excellent services

Reviewed on 2023/05/21

Pros

mostly what i like on goto connect is the customer care services, every time you call them they answer and guided you on what to do, its has good user interface. however it challenged me first time but i had to go through the process and get things done

Cons

There is no training guided for new users and this makes it hard for others

Stephen
  • Industry: Veterinary

Everything we wanted from a phone system and more

Reviewed on 2021/04/30

Moving to GoToConnect just before COVID lockdowns was a godsend. The ability to have staff work from home was a huge help. While the onboarding process was intense, GTC staff were there at every step to help. And the customer support ever since, at every step and for every issue, has been fantastic. My favorite fact is that I have yet to be transferred to another associate when I call in. Every representative has been able to resolve my issue every time.

Pros

First off, GoToConnect is simply a great product. It does what it does well and without issue. We were initially nervous about moving to VOIP out of fear of poor call quality but after a year of use, that has not been a problem.

GTC offers incredible flexibility for product utilization. We can design plans where the phones in certain rooms only ring at certain times. There are options to adjust the length of time before calls are routed to voicemail. You can create messages that play according to when the call is received (before/after hours, lunch, emergency closure). Staff members can even log into the system and work from home.

GTC offers cloud based call recording. We only recently began utilizing that feature (more options than we can even think about) but have found it to be incredibly helpful. If there is ever a problem with a client, we can just review the call and have proof to resolve the dispute.

GTC offers unparalleled customer support. It may well be among the five best customer support experiences I have ever encountered. And these are complicated, in-depth issues that they help us with. But their staff know their business and are able to resolve the issues every time.

Cons

The onboarding process was lengthy, complicated and intense. Switching from a standard wired phone system to a VOIP system is a big switch for any company but especially for one without a real IT department.

GoToConnect offers more features and capabilities than we can even understand or utilize. At times, the sheer number of opportunities can become paralyzing.

The one "feature" we still struggle with is placing a call on hold, answering another call and then switching between the two. On a "old school" system with a hold button and blinking lights for each line, that process was second nature for those of us with a few years of that process. Moving to a VOIP where you don't really have "lines" is still tripping us up.

We wanted more features.

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Connect

GTC had better pricing.
Joel
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Using Jive Communications PBX as a small business Solution

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

Our church was on the lookout for a PBX solution. One of the challenges we found was that many of our staff were out in the field so often there would be no one to answer the church phone. The other challenge we faced is we did not want to be paying a huge monthly fee because we work with a lot of low-income people and did not have a lot of money to spend on a solution. After talking with a person from Software Advice we were given two options to follow up on. We ended up choosing Jive PBX because they offered incredible service, great tools at a very reasonable price.

Our current setup now is that when people call the church and no one answers, they hear from an automated attendant offering to connect them to the right person. The call then gets forwarded to the persons mobile phone. The great thing about Jive is they charge per physical device connected to their system and not per virtual extension. This means that at the moment we only pay for one Jive phone line. However, we can forward calls to as many non-jive mobile phones as we want without an additional cost. They are also very flexible allowing you to add or remove devices depending on your needs. Therefore when summer comes and we hire more staff we plan on adding more jive phone lines. When the summer is over we can cancel the additional lines.

In terms of quality, their voice quality is excellent. I was concerned that the VOIP quality might not be as good considering the home VOIP services I have tried in the past. Because of these concerns I took a few months to try out the VOIP quality with our staff and clients. We also tested the automated attendant at the same time. The staff have been very impressed with how well it works both in terms of quality and ease of use. This is why we are going ahead with the Jive deployment.

Their customer service is amazing. There have been a few minor issues that we encountered but they were very good about sorting it out. One issue involved a delay in receiving our phones from them. However, after I called them, they acknowledged the error on their part and did an express delivery at no additional charge to us. Another issue had to do with billing. We had an issue where we were being charged for two lines but we only wanted one. They were good about sorting out and refunding the additional line. The issue turned out to be due to our initial quote asking for two phone lines and ordering two phones they assumed we wanted the two phone lines right away. However, I had asked for a second quote with only one phone line, knowing that in the summer we would go to two lines. This is why I ordered the second phone even though we didn't plan on using it. All of us would prefer that everything go smoothly with a deployment. However, I am very happy to know that if something doesn't go right, that Jive team has an amazing support setup to get things sorted out.

They have great user interface for setting up PBX solutions. It is a drag and drop interface that anyone can use. I was very impressed by how simple it was to set up and route calls. They also have great training to help you get started.

Overall, I would highly recommend Jive Communication PBX. We have used them in the small business case but I can see that they could scale well for large organisations. We are very happy Jive Communication clients.

Pros

* Very reasonable cost.
* Great Customer Service
* Free virtual extensions (forwarding to mobile phones)
* Easy to use web interface.
* Good voice quality

Cons

* Some issues with billing (but they got that sorted out)
* Fax service is not as easy to use.
* Slower delivery with phones (but that was due to a glitch in their system)

Cina
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Jive - highly recommended!

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

We have been Jive customers for more than 3 years now. I am not always accepting of changes, so I was not very happy when I had to learn how to use the new phone--but boy am I glad now that my boss made the decision to switch to Jive's VoIP phone system solution. We have different phones, but the one I like the most is the one that works just like my cell--it has a touch screen and it is so easy to use.

Pros

Jive is very customizable! You can make changes on the fly; you can access the system on your desk phone, your cell phone or even your computer.
I like how you can go into the portal and change the dial plan, close the office and temporarily forward phone calls to another line or office, then revert it back to normal--all with relative ease.
I also like how you get so many features that are included -- they don't nickel and dime for each thing!
One more thing I like is the presence monitoring on the phones, I can see on my phone screen if one of my coworkers is on a call so I know if I should transfer the caller or just send them to voice mail.

Cons

Faxing is limited to 5 pages or less. However, now that I think about that, I hardly get any faxes anymore because people simply send me PDFs instead.

Jon
  • Industry: Market Research

GoToConnect (Jive)

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Great! They are the best value for the money without the big price tag

Great! They are the best value for the money without the big price tag

Pros

We have been a customer since before GoToConnect bought them out. Customer service is one of my very favorite reasons why we are still with them. We have some unique deployment features we needed and Jive was able to accommodate almost all of them

Cons

International dialing. If you dial a lot of international numbers, there are a few countries that are banned and you have to ask for special circumstances to release those countries

8x8 Contact Center

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Connect

We switched due to the high cost of an on premise solution

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Connect

Price & Features

5yrs and still satisified

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

substantial cost savings year over year with fully administrative capability. If you want to perform much of the admin yourself (I do!) the incredibly robust capabilities make it possible to create a system that rivals far more expensive large scale corporate phone solutions.

Pros

feature rich for an exceptionally affordable service. allows a SMB to leverage capabilities that simulate larger scale company profiles. Positive interaction with reps and developers allows for valued evolution of the product to maintain pace with industry advancements. For a telecom background admin, the platform provides robust capabilities but rabbit holes are also a danger! Cloud provisioning allows easy admin from any location. Formerly week basic reporting just recently enhanced (in beta) and looking very promising. Improved mobile app allows for reliable out of office experience call management.

Cons

proprietary platform requires that some features are deployed using building blocks rather than one touch provisioning for some basic needs. That is as negative as it gets.

Ardalon
  • Industry: Legal Services

An utter failure of cloud based phone services, at least for mobile apps.

Reviewed on 2019/11/08

This company simply cannot deliver MOST of what if promises when you sign up. Their mobile app is an utter failure. Their concept and price structure is great; sadly, the services just don't work. Here are the items that do not actually work:

1. Call Waiting (if you can believe it!). If you accept any call that comes through on call waiting, it will automatically disconnect the other caller. After extensive discussion with the tech team and management, they simply said its they don't see any way of fixing this feature, which is just unbelievable.

2. Also, their Caller ID will NEVER alert you that you have an incoming call while you're on an active call on your iPhone because it does not make any sounds to alert you of the incoming call. Again, after extensive troubleshooting with the tech team and a manager, they simply blamed it on Apple with no foreseeable fixes in the future.

3. If you have multiple phone numbers like I do, their system is not setup to let you choose which number you can call out from. Their app does not display your phone numbers, so its always a guessing game.

NOTE: They will tell you that they have created a new mobile App called GoToConnect which resolves the issues. DO NOT BELIEVE THIS! Their new app resolves NOTHING. It has more limitations than their preceding app called JIVE, which is an equal failure.

4. Their caller ID is a failure because it displays the caller's number using a moving banner that is too slow to see

Pros

Pricing is good. that's all. But still not worth all of the failed features.

Cons

The most basic features of their mobile app does not work. See review for detailed explanation. A lot of false promises were made by ambitious sales people, none of which they were able to keep. I have no idea how anyone could leave a positive review for this company.

David

Jive is a VOIP service provider. Solid user interface and stellar customer support.

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

It runs our telephony infrastructure.

It runs our telephony infrastructure.

Pros

Jive is a VOIP service provider that provides a very elegant and easy to navigate user interface for small to medium sized business voice services. But VOIP implementation is complex, what is most notable is both the response time and the quality of knowledge in the customer support team. They should be on a competitive short list, but should probably be picked over their competition because of their support staff.

Cons

I only have any minor quibbles with the software, but first it is important to note there are significant complexities to implementing VOIP over data networks. While jive's voice services can operate over a wide variety of network configurations, it is very important to make sure the network infrastructure can support the prioritization of Jive voice services on the network or the jive voice traffic is segregated to a router and switch configuration that is optimized for VOIP.

One minor note is the iOS VOIP app doesn't relay full caller id information and does not send an alert when it is disconnected. The UI on the app needs a little polish as well, but perfectly fine for most users.

Cary

Jive is toos

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

Overall, they are a good company to work with. If I was to compare them to other VoIP host, they are the best but is that good enough. Customers are extremely demanding and being the best of a subpar service industry is not tolerated. They should support their partners almore when it comes to failures on their part. Be proactive in testing and implementation, not reactive.

Pros

Jive has made the implementation of their services very smooth. The phone Retal is extremely user friendly for both the customer and the partner.

Cons

Jive has dropped the ball on intergrating with non-VoIP compatible systems such as access controls. They have made improvements with this but it’s still a point of frustration. Jive also commits to supporting older VoIP equipment but in the end are unable to do so on some models. I would suggest they thoroughly test before committing to supporting it.

Julie
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Good, efficient, saves me money but has issues

Reviewed on 2018/06/25

Pros

Automated options are great. The eFax set up is great. I use it multiple times a week. I don’t have any problems with that.
24/7 customer service is helpful since I am
Open everyday. I was able to save, per month on combining my 4 lines together.

Cons

Customer service needs more training. They did not know that an intercom option. Whenever I have an issue, sometimes after calling the customer service team, they fix it but can’t explain to me how they fixed it.

Sometimes the reception is a little off for whatever reason because I have had customers call and can’t hear us or we can’t hear them.

The dial plan needs work. I have so many lines and different auto attendants, it gets messy but the dial plan needs to light up between dial plans or something to identify the lines. It gets super confusing.

Everything is connected via internet. If that’s down, I’m screwed.

Professional, Easy to use service

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

We cannot be happier with Jive's service. Their customer support is always available and quick to answer the call and everyone seems to enjoy helping the customers (us). The easy to use interface makes it simple to change and add anything that you need.

Pros

Jive offers many different features for one reasonable price. The main things that makes Jive attractive for a small office is the adaptation of essentially unlimited conference call lines as we host and manage various committees, boards, etc and the available mobile phone app that allows us to make and pick up calls out side of the office. We are always in and out of the office and being able to answer all calls remotely is game-changing.

Cons

Though the available mobile app is handy and arguably the most utilized feature we use, it often kicks us out without notice and forces us to login over and over.

Blake

Using Jive

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Replacing old Nortel PBXes, other VOIP implementations, and other patchwork phone systems is nice -- once all the kinks are worked out of a Jive PBX for a client it's pretty great. The Tier 2 / 3 Support is also excellent, when they are needed.

Pros

Lots of features. Once configured properly, it works very nicely and we have had few issues for production PBXes.

Cons

Lots of features - some of the management through the GUI to turn on or adjust features is unintuitive and probably unnecessarily so. Some of resolutions for issues seen during migrations to Jive took too long -- considering how critical regular phone service is for business, even now with all of the other communications tech options available.

Middle of the Road VoIP

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

It worked pretty well and for a decent price. We definitely would use it, but I feel like there might be better options out there. That being said, there were worse ones that we tried as well.

Pros

I liked that it integrated pretty well with some of our other tools through our computer and desk phone. The desk phone situation worked really well. Transferring was also quite easy and you could talk to the person you were transferring to before deciding to merge or transfer them.

Cons

The app was buggy on and off and it was difficult to get more than one line on an app or desktop. For the longest time, it would only work through the desk phone. Recently there has been a software upgrade that might make it possible to see and answer more than one line, however, we switched VoIPs so I can't say how successful that particular feature is.

• Industry: Utilities

Terrible Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/05/25

Initially it wasn't bad. But when I needed help with the support they started to show their true colors.
From their customer services reps, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to their terrible app that doesn't allow for incoming calls we will be looking for a new phone system now that our employees are WFH.

Pros

Was fairly basic but when you have issues you're essentially on your own.

Cons

Customer service was absolutely dreadful.
If you're starting to WFH, this is not the solution for you.

I spoke to a representative called, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He was less than helpful to the point he ended my chat and wouldn't communicate with me further. Needless to say, we will cancel our account immediately.

Charity

Very bad experience

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

Our company was a partner with Jive by LogMeIn for a year. We used them for VOIP services not only for our company but for several others. Our experience with Jive by LogMeIn was horrible across the board. The VOIP service and call quality were NEVER GOOD, the App NEVER WORKED, and their CUSTOMER SERVICE was a NIGHTMARE! Our company canceled services in October, and we are still receiving invoices 4 months later for services no longer wanted or provided. We have reached out to countless Jive by LogMeIn representatives to remove/cancel our account and we only get a response with another invoice. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR SERVICES!

Pros

Call mapping is nicely laid out. The video training was done professionally and was well organized.

Cons

It never worked! The call quality was terrible even at Jive home office when you called them from a cell network.

Jodi
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Satisfied Practice

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

I am quite satisfied with Jive. My practice is a small surgical center with a satellite office. When opening the satellite office, instead of having a separate phone number, we were able to purchase phones and create extensions that allow us to transfer calls between offices and eliminates the patients having to call multiple numbers. Jive is very reasonably priced as well.

Pros

I began using Jive having received no training from the person I replaced. Every time I have called Customer Service, which trust me, has been a multitude of times, the person I spoke with has been very professional and helpful. They always take time to ask how your day is going and at the end of the call ask if there is anything else they can help you with.

Cons

I currently have no complaints related to Jive.