GoTo Connect

4,5 (610)
The first-ever truly unified voice and video solution.

Giuseppe N.

Good tool

Reviewed on 2022/06/03

Pros

For the past two years he has helped me with my work by allowing me to migrate all events into online meetings. Is very solit product.

Cons

I needed support, but I'm still waiting to be contacted by support. Fortunately I solved it myself.

Rahul P.

Perfect Product for All-in-out

Reviewed on 2021/10/30

It's one of the least buggy software out there when it comes to video and audio conferencing.

Pros

It's the perfect approach in combing everything starting from video calling, to audio conference and remote desktop control.

Cons

The thing I dislike about the software is the lack of support. There is very limited documentation on how much you can push the product to get the most out of it. More there is a limit on how much you can

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Connect

There were a lot of constraints with the business account

TeamSupport

It was a cheaper option
James C.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"A simple way to link up and collaborate!"

Reviewed on 2022/06/03

While working remotely, it is simple to conduct calls using the app. I'll utilize my mobile phone with selected clients, but for some apparent reason, I do not enjoy handing out my mobile phone to everybody! It makes calling simple. It's a simple system to use, and I believe the pricing is reasonable. This tool is simple for training sessions and virtual meetings. GoTo Connect is now a service that allows users to do commerce from everywhere. It's a fully configurable cloud calling and meeting platform. Users may meet, converse, and cooperate.

Pros

It's a fantastic solution for remote functioning and getting all calls redirected to my laptop, so I wouldn't have to see my mobile phone. If necessary, we may quickly install the software on our cell phones. It's pretty easy to use, although the UI might be a bit friendlier. If we miss any calls, the voicemail messages will show up immediately, and we can review our call logs in an intuitive list format. Voicemails could also be sent by email.

Cons

It is completely reliant on Wi-Fi, so whenever we have any problem with our internet service (even a minor hiccup), we have problems with our calls. The call performance is excellent; however, any Wi-Fi troubles will result in termination. It would be a little difficult to save every phone number.

Paul P.

The Best Service For Remote Call Centers

Reviewed on 2022/01/26

This product has allowed us to easily grow our company and expand our customer service coverage. The set up was easy, the training was very comprehensive and getting the system built was handled very well. During the initial set-up GoToConnect provides a personalized account person that guides you through the entire set-up from beginning to end.

Pros

We use GoToConnect to manage remote agents and it is the best phone system we have ever had. Reporting is easy to gather. The ability to make administrative changes to the call system is the best in the industry. Hands down this is the best service we have ever used in 20+ years.

Cons

This software had no weaknesses at all. It is robust and provides every feature you could dream of.

Ezra S.

Jive is a great price with all features needed

Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Overall, we've now been able to do tonnes of calls, outgoing and incoming since we went with jive. It helps grow our business. Access is available on the phone, computer or any other device.

Pros

I like that jive is really cost effective yet gives access to all their features. It allows me to do everything i need to do, with alot of minutes within the plan.

Cons

Jive seems to be great so far, cant complain

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Connect

Jive was cheaper in bulk and has more features

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Connect

Cost price of jive was leading factor.
Gavin M.

GoTo Connect - as part of the GoTo suite works really well

Reviewed on 2022/05/12

Pros

We use the VoIP services for our main telephony system including automatically having calls come through on mobile devices, which has been great in the pandemic and allows everybody to work from anywhere but still be contactable.

Cons

The mobile app isn't always the most reliable and we've had a few technical issues on our network but nothing too major.

Arvind K.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

A Really Effortless Collaborating Tool

Reviewed on 2022/04/30

Pros

GoTo Connect works excellently from wherever my teammates are residing. Moreover, this remarkable software is exceedingly effortless to set up and operate. Also, I love that I can seamlessly design custom call routing. I can join numerous essential meetings and calls from my office computer, or through my smartphone.

Cons

If the internet connection is slow, pick-up calls become actually frustrating. GoToConnect definitely requires substantially high-speed internet so that attending a call is smooth. This is the utmost dislike of GoToMeeting.

Nicole M.
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Helpful software but different interface than most meeting softwares

Reviewed on 2022/06/09

Pros

I like that it has a desktop and phone version.

Cons

I found it a bit more complex than other simple softwares for group meetings. It also took a while to register for it.

Chiara P.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

One of the best meeting tool I’ve tried

Reviewed on 2022/06/17

Pros

with this tool, you are in the office even when you are at home, it allows you to communicate with colleagues with extreme ease.

Cons

we had the chance to try it, but for our use it is too expensive.

Stephen S.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Everything we wanted from a phone system and more

Reviewed on 2021/04/30

Moving to GoToConnect just before COVID lockdowns was a godsend. The ability to have staff work from home was a huge help. While the onboarding process was intense, GTC staff were there at every step to help. And the customer support ever since, at every step and for every issue, has been fantastic. My favorite fact is that I have yet to be transferred to another associate when I call in. Every representative has been able to resolve my issue every time.

Pros

First off, GoToConnect is simply a great product. It does what it does well and without issue. We were initially nervous about moving to VOIP out of fear of poor call quality but after a year of use, that has not been a problem.

GTC offers incredible flexibility for product utilization. We can design plans where the phones in certain rooms only ring at certain times. There are options to adjust the length of time before calls are routed to voicemail. You can create messages that play according to when the call is received (before/after hours, lunch, emergency closure). Staff members can even log into the system and work from home.

GTC offers cloud based call recording. We only recently began utilizing that feature (more options than we can even think about) but have found it to be incredibly helpful. If there is ever a problem with a client, we can just review the call and have proof to resolve the dispute.

GTC offers unparalleled customer support. It may well be among the five best customer support experiences I have ever encountered. And these are complicated, in-depth issues that they help us with. But their staff know their business and are able to resolve the issues every time.

Cons

The onboarding process was lengthy, complicated and intense. Switching from a standard wired phone system to a VOIP system is a big switch for any company but especially for one without a real IT department.

GoToConnect offers more features and capabilities than we can even understand or utilize. At times, the sheer number of opportunities can become paralyzing.

The one "feature" we still struggle with is placing a call on hold, answering another call and then switching between the two. On a "old school" system with a hold button and blinking lights for each line, that process was second nature for those of us with a few years of that process. Moving to a VOIP where you don't really have "lines" is still tripping us up.

We wanted more features.

GTC had better pricing.
Michael W.
  • Industry: Publishing

Excellent VOIP Service!

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

I did a lot of comparison shopping when selecting a VOIP provider for my business. There are a number of reputable companies out there and they all offer similar features. Jive edged out the competition in pricing, and since the feature set they offered was equally as robust as the competitors, I went with them and have not been disappointed. Our needs are basic, but it's really nice to know that as our needs expand, the infrastructure at Jive will easily accommodate our most detailed needs.

Pros

When our company moved away from a larger parent company, we had to find our own phone solution. We have offices spread across the country, so rather than use a cable-TV bundle or something similar, I knew a feature-filled VOIP service was a must. While others offer similar features, I needed a company that I could count on to hold my hand through the technical end of the setup because we are too small for our own IT department. Jive excelled in this area. Their excellent USA-based tech support helped get me up and running in no time flat. The transition from our old parent company's service to the new one we set up ourselves through Jive was seamless. If I had to choose one thing I liked most about my experience with Jive Voice, it is their technical support! Their service in both areas (support and actual uptime) has never let us down.

Cons

I suppose you could say I'm tech "savvy", but I'm not an engineer. For someone like myself who had never set up a VOIP system before, it was a bit intimidating to sift through the online guides to figure out what gear we needed, how it should be configured, and that sort of thing. While much of this documentation did exist on their web site, a beginner's tutorial that was more comprehensive would have been appreciated. Nevertheless, as mentioned elsewhere in this review, their call-in technical support was extremely helpful in answering my newbie questions at all hours of the night. If I had any criticism at all, it might be that I would have liked a bit more thorough online documentation for a beginner. Something like a "setup wizard" might have been helpful, but calling their support line (even at 11pm in the evening) got me exactly what I needed, so I really have no serious complaints.

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Connect

Our company split-off from a larger corporate entity, so we had to get our own telecom plan.

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Connect

Pricing plus features edged out Jive over the competition. And once I contacted their sales support, I was sold thanks to their excellent US-based technical support - even in the late hours of the evening.
Susan m C.

Never Missing A Call

Reviewed on 2019/04/02

Our overall experience with Jive Voice has been an outstanding one. We are a seasonal business and with our prior provider it was a big hassle to turn off lines in the off season. With Jive it was as simple as 1, 2, 3,. We now have a general voicemail box and each desk has its own voicemail box. If one office is extremely busy we can route the calls to another office without having to add another employee which allows us to have better control over our payroll. With Jive you have hold music options without paying for an extra service. Also with Jive we have the ability to answer calls from our cell phones without our private numbers appearing (the customer thinks you are answering from the office). Last but not least Jive's customer service and support team is outstanding. If you have a question or technical issue they are quick to respond and with the response they not only correct the issue they teach you at the same time on how to correct the issue in the future should the problem arise again.

Pros

Our Company has been using Jive Voice for 2 years now and everyday we learn something new about the system that has helped to make our customer service more effective. This year we started using Jive's Mobile feature. The mobile feature allows us to never miss a call. With this feature you have total control. you can set for do not disturb, or choose to have instant notifications. The best feature is that when I call back from my cell phone caller ID shows the business number instead of my cell number. I can also send a text message from my phone again not revealing my actual cell number. I no longer need two separate phones.

Cons

The only thing I like least about this software is that I have not had the time to explore all of the wonderful options available to our company. I am sure I could request to have a representative come out and explain more in depth about the system. Jive also has great tutorial videos available.

Amber T.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great Software in the Making

Reviewed on 2018/08/28

It's been great. The company seems to be on top of things and they're definitely innovating and taking all the right steps to become one of the leading (well, they already are) communications services available!

Pros

Very user-friendly and easy to navigate. Calls are clear (as long as you have enough bandwidth to ensure the packets are getting to their destination properly) and it has various options for being able to log in and use your ext/line (ie. web, mobile, VOIP). Customer service is very good. That's honestly one of the reasons I rated it so high. If there's ever an issue their support staff is knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. I've never had to wait more than 3-5 minutes for my call to be answered. If the issue is out of their experience, they move it up to another tier until it gets resolved. They follow up until everything is completely taken care of.

Cons

The mobile app is still finicky at times. Quality has improved a lot over the past several months (and years) and it cuts out the call randomly, but it's not near as bad as it was. Jive also doesn't have a super comprehensive reporting system. Don't get me wrong, it has good reports that are easy to view, but we are needing some more details for our call-tracking and it's difficult to decipher and re-build what reports we have access to in order to get what we need. We have to ask for a separately-emailed list from one our contacts which I feel could get annoying for the agent to have to continue to do that each time we need one. Not very basic issues, but still some things I would like to see. They continue to improve though and take your feedback seriously so I can see them improving some of these functions in the near future.

Joel W.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Using Jive Communications PBX as a small business Solution

Reviewed on 2016/10/06

Our church was on the lookout for a PBX solution. One of the challenges we found was that many of our staff were out in the field so often there would be no one to answer the church phone. The other challenge we faced is we did not want to be paying a huge monthly fee because we work with a lot of low-income people and did not have a lot of money to spend on a solution. After talking with a person from Software Advice we were given two options to follow up on. We ended up choosing Jive PBX because they offered incredible service, great tools at a very reasonable price.

Our current setup now is that when people call the church and no one answers, they hear from an automated attendant offering to connect them to the right person. The call then gets forwarded to the persons mobile phone. The great thing about Jive is they charge per physical device connected to their system and not per virtual extension. This means that at the moment we only pay for one Jive phone line. However, we can forward calls to as many non-jive mobile phones as we want without an additional cost. They are also very flexible allowing you to add or remove devices depending on your needs. Therefore when summer comes and we hire more staff we plan on adding more jive phone lines. When the summer is over we can cancel the additional lines.

In terms of quality, their voice quality is excellent. I was concerned that the VOIP quality might not be as good considering the home VOIP services I have tried in the past. Because of these concerns I took a few months to try out the VOIP quality with our staff and clients. We also tested the automated attendant at the same time. The staff have been very impressed with how well it works both in terms of quality and ease of use. This is why we are going ahead with the Jive deployment.

Their customer service is amazing. There have been a few minor issues that we encountered but they were very good about sorting it out. One issue involved a delay in receiving our phones from them. However, after I called them, they acknowledged the error on their part and did an express delivery at no additional charge to us. Another issue had to do with billing. We had an issue where we were being charged for two lines but we only wanted one. They were good about sorting out and refunding the additional line. The issue turned out to be due to our initial quote asking for two phone lines and ordering two phones they assumed we wanted the two phone lines right away. However, I had asked for a second quote with only one phone line, knowing that in the summer we would go to two lines. This is why I ordered the second phone even though we didn't plan on using it. All of us would prefer that everything go smoothly with a deployment. However, I am very happy to know that if something doesn't go right, that Jive team has an amazing support setup to get things sorted out.

They have great user interface for setting up PBX solutions. It is a drag and drop interface that anyone can use. I was very impressed by how simple it was to set up and route calls. They also have great training to help you get started.

Overall, I would highly recommend Jive Communication PBX. We have used them in the small business case but I can see that they could scale well for large organisations. We are very happy Jive Communication clients.

Pros

* Very reasonable cost.
* Great Customer Service
* Free virtual extensions (forwarding to mobile phones)
* Easy to use web interface.
* Good voice quality

Cons

* Some issues with billing (but they got that sorted out)
* Fax service is not as easy to use.
* Slower delivery with phones (but that was due to a glitch in their system)

Austin H.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Great product and even better customer support!

Reviewed on 2019/10/29

Smart people. Great prices. Terrific project management.

Pros

They make it really easy to add and remove users. The billing is very straight forward. Their project management team does an amazing job!

Cons

I don’t have any negatives to say about Jive or Logmein. They have been a great partner and resource.

Amber L.

The Customer Service Is Outstanding!

Reviewed on 2019/11/26

It has been amazing! Again, we have never had any of the issues with dropped calls or static on the line that we have had with other VOIP companies.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is it doesn't malfunction or break! We have been with other VOIP companies and have experienced dropped calls, static, silence, etc as the norm. But not with Jive! I have never had a dropped call or an issue with static. The only time I have ever had to call in to tech support was when I needed help setting something up. My wait time to speak with someone has always been less than 3 minutes, each tech support agent is equally knowledgeable and if I couldn't figure out how to do what they were suggesting, they would log on to my computer and show me how to do it. I love this company!

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software. I have never had any issues and Jive makes my life easier as I don't have to deal with phone issues. If the phones are down, it is a major issue for our company.

David K.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Best change from Landline to VOIP ever!

Reviewed on 2022/06/23

I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't moved over. The cost isn't high and very affordable compared to our old system. Just need to ensure proper internet service.

Pros

We changed over from our previous PBX landline system to a PBX IP VoIP system and have never been happier. Easy way to setup everything from call centre, confrence, transfers, PA system and so much more with the system in place

Cons

The only negative is that the system has gone done a few times over 2 years. Maybe 3-4 times and had some issues with the fax machine. The customer is good but sometimes can take longer than required especially if a business runs on telephone lines.

RingCentral Contact Center and RingCentral MVP

Cost and better system.

Reasons for Switching to GoTo Connect

Best price plans and offerings.
Cina M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Jive - highly recommended!

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

We have been Jive customers for more than 3 years now. I am not always accepting of changes, so I was not very happy when I had to learn how to use the new phone--but boy am I glad now that my boss made the decision to switch to Jive's VoIP phone system solution. We have different phones, but the one I like the most is the one that works just like my cell--it has a touch screen and it is so easy to use.

Pros

Jive is very customizable! You can make changes on the fly; you can access the system on your desk phone, your cell phone or even your computer.
I like how you can go into the portal and change the dial plan, close the office and temporarily forward phone calls to another line or office, then revert it back to normal--all with relative ease.
I also like how you get so many features that are included -- they don't nickel and dime for each thing!
One more thing I like is the presence monitoring on the phones, I can see on my phone screen if one of my coworkers is on a call so I know if I should transfer the caller or just send them to voice mail.

Cons

Faxing is limited to 5 pages or less. However, now that I think about that, I hardly get any faxes anymore because people simply send me PDFs instead.

Stephan O.

Jive has been a great add to my business. Does what I need, how I need it, at a reasonable...

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

Pros

I like that Jive is completely customizable and intuitive, and we can alter and edit our call routing and auto-attendant services, etc. ourselves, without needing to get customer support involved. That's awesome.

I looked around at a slew of providers and went with Jive. I've been very happy with the decision. Jive does everything that I need, and does it well. And they don't nickle & dime you on features -- their standard pricing includes a lot for the money.

I've also been very impressed with the sound quality too. Their up-time has been stellar as well.
I also like how responsive their support is too. On the very few occasions that I've had a question or needed to know how do something, they've been readily available.

Cons

Surprisingly, nothing quickly jumps to mind. Virtually the only minor thing that I could see Jive altering, is to perhaps include some other options for the storage of recordings. Right now, recording capabilities require linkage with an Amazon AWS account. It would be nice to have some additional options, like perhaps within Jive itself, or on Google Drive, locally stored, etc.

Russell H.

Telecommunications Done Right, Even in the Worst of Situations

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

During the recent fires in Southern California, our offices were forced to evacuate for nearly a week. With the Jive service, we were able to continue to work from where-ever we were, even when evacuated as well from our own homes. We did not have to be concerned that we would lose that connection even if our offices were destroyed (fortunately not), as everything was controlled offsite by Jive.

We have been with Jive for the last 6 years as they have grown, and we could not be happier.

Pros

The Integration with all of our devices (cell phones, desktop computers, web browsers, and of course desk telephones) for seamless usage in and out of the office, meaning we are never out of touch with our customers and each other.
Complete control of how calls are routed to meet our needs through a simple interface, one that makes it easy to understand how those calls will be routed.
Feature rich services without charges for things that go above and beyond what you would expect, such as the free in-house conference calling.

Cons

My only complaint is the inability to set a distinct ringtone for calls coming in from the Jive mobile apps so that I know when a call is coming from "my desk" or direct to my cell phone.

Merrick A.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine
  • Used for 6-12 months

Jive over everything!

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Jive is so much simpler than it’s more expensive, less customer oriented counterparts.

Pros

Jive is what Ringcentral used to be: an easy behind the scenes portal for administrators to easily manage phone trees, voice messages, and digital faxes. Jive allows you to create actual ‘click and drag’ style phone systems. The customer service team is relatively local, well informed, and has ideal follow through. Jive beats it’s competitors in functionality and price. The Apps they offer are great for doing distance work and responding to voice messages out of the office.

Cons

The digital fax function requires you to use an email account and copy paste destination info into your ‘to’ field. This process was rarely convenient.

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Connect

Ringcentral is a complex maze of patches and updates. It’s user interface has become more nightmare-like over time.

Jon J.
  • Industry: Market Research

GoToConnect (Jive)

Reviewed on 2020/08/25

Great! They are the best value for the money without the big price tag

Pros

We have been a customer since before GoToConnect bought them out. Customer service is one of my very favorite reasons why we are still with them. We have some unique deployment features we needed and Jive was able to accommodate almost all of them

Cons

International dialing. If you dial a lot of international numbers, there are a few countries that are banned and you have to ask for special circumstances to release those countries

8x8 Contact Center

Reasons for Choosing GoTo Connect

We switched due to the high cost of an on premise solution

Price & Features
Matthewq H.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Chief Clerk

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

We are managing individual productivity better with the monitoring capabilities Jive offers and the reassurance and reliability of record keeping and management of incoming and outgoing calls has been a terrific safety net with customers. Customer service/tech support is perhaps the absolute best feature of the service. The technicians are outstanding, knowledgeable, friendly and professional and always aware of the pressure on our end to resolve issues quickly and effectively. And the follow up is truly exceptional, I have never, ever experienced this level of support from any company. In this regard the company is truly outstanding. I recommend Jive to my business colleagues and wholeheartedly endorse the service and software. To say it makes my job responsibilities more effective and more pleasant would be a gross understatement. I would give Jive my highest recommendation of any vendor we deal with.

Pros

It has features which are very useful.
1. Monitoring individual user time and calls
2. Complete lists of incoming and outgoing calls to particular numbers
3. The easy ability to change the ring group from the receptionist to all users
4. Regular service updates on service issues

Cons

Nothing. It is exactly what we need and want

David R.

Client review

Reviewed on 2018/11/19

I can't think of a company I have used in the past decade on my phone service that has been as responsive as Jive. They are not perfect and stuff happens, but they will double their efforts to make sure it is corrected and they will follow up with you so you are not left in the dark. As far as just asking for directions on the setup and using the interface for daily login info, it is quite easy.
They are an outstanding company for service, support and product, what a great combination.

Pros

I have been with the service prior to Jive buying out the previous company. I can tell you the improvements to software and interface has been upgraded to a very high level, you can see the flow on setting call sequences and ring groups. I have need help on items and even a recent phone purchase and porting over a number. Let me tell you this team is great, I had them provision the new phone and set up the new number and ship the new phone to me. The phone cost was a couple dollars higher than buying on Amazon. I would pay them that amount everyday and more. They are outstanding in service and support, they emailed me multiple times on updates, directed me to different departments for sales and service. I do not see myself with any other company that has treated my very small business with such support. The will walk you thru the software and you will see how intuitive it is. They in my personal opinion are the best.

Cons

There is a lot you can do and the down side is if you do not use it everyday, as when your are setup thing just run. So, when you do need to add or change something it is a learning curve as I only need to address the software once or twice a year.
I am discussing the setup software, the actual login user interface is quite easy to use, I do use that more often and it make life simpler.

5yrs and still satisified

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

substantial cost savings year over year with fully administrative capability. If you want to perform much of the admin yourself (I do!) the incredibly robust capabilities make it possible to create a system that rivals far more expensive large scale corporate phone solutions.

Pros

feature rich for an exceptionally affordable service. allows a SMB to leverage capabilities that simulate larger scale company profiles. Positive interaction with reps and developers allows for valued evolution of the product to maintain pace with industry advancements. For a telecom background admin, the platform provides robust capabilities but rabbit holes are also a danger! Cloud provisioning allows easy admin from any location. Formerly week basic reporting just recently enhanced (in beta) and looking very promising. Improved mobile app allows for reliable out of office experience call management.

Cons

proprietary platform requires that some features are deployed using building blocks rather than one touch provisioning for some basic needs. That is as negative as it gets.