GoToConnect

The first-ever truly unified voice and video solution.

Michael W.
  • Industry: Publishing

Excellent VOIP Service!

Reviewed on 2019/12/02

I did a lot of comparison shopping when selecting a VOIP provider for my business. There are a number of reputable companies out there and they all offer similar features. Jive edged out the competition in pricing, and since the feature set they offered was equally as robust as the competitors, I went with them and have not been disappointed. Our needs are basic, but it's really nice to know that as our needs expand, the infrastructure at Jive will easily accommodate our most detailed needs.

Pros

When our company moved away from a larger parent company, we had to find our own phone solution. We have offices spread across the country, so rather than use a cable-TV bundle or something similar, I knew a feature-filled VOIP service was a must. While others offer similar features, I needed a company that I could count on to hold my hand through the technical end of the setup because we are too small for our own IT department. Jive excelled in this area. Their excellent USA-based tech support helped get me up and running in no time flat. The transition from our old parent company's service to the new one we set up ourselves through Jive was seamless. If I had to choose one thing I liked most about my experience with Jive Voice, it is their technical support! Their service in both areas (support and actual uptime) has never let us down.

Cons

I suppose you could say I'm tech "savvy", but I'm not an engineer. For someone like myself who had never set up a VOIP system before, it was a bit intimidating to sift through the online guides to figure out what gear we needed, how it should be configured, and that sort of thing. While much of this documentation did exist on their web site, a beginner's tutorial that was more comprehensive would have been appreciated. Nevertheless, as mentioned elsewhere in this review, their call-in technical support was extremely helpful in answering my newbie questions at all hours of the night. If I had any criticism at all, it might be that I would have liked a bit more thorough online documentation for a beginner. Something like a "setup wizard" might have been helpful, but calling their support line (even at 11pm in the evening) got me exactly what I needed, so I really have no serious complaints.

Shanna K.

GoTo Connect to Your Clientele

Reviewed on 2021/03/29

GoToConnect is easy enough to integrate and use that I feel almost anyone can use it. I enjoyed launching it and training my team on it and got a lot of feedback from them as well about how functional it was for them.

Pros

GoTo Connect was easy for our remote team to all download on their computers and use at home. Due to Covid we went mobile with very little notice. This program was easy for our team to learn to use to make calls, create voicemails, manage call backs, etc. It was also easy for our leads and supervisors to monitor activity and follow up on our teams performance. We could control turning lines on and off easily.

Cons

Make it easier to transfer calls so that 3-way calls can be done and any party can drop off without the call ending.

Melissa H.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reliable softphone app

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

I would recommend GoToConnect as a reliable soft phone app. I have not had any issues with using the applications.

Pros

GoToConnect has been super helpful since I have been away from my office phone for months. The app is easy to use over WiFi. I use the app on both my laptop and phone and they are both reliable for answer calls and checking voicemails.

Cons

I wish that the do not disturb settings had more options instead of simply on/off. If I am on vacation for an extended period I will turn off notifications on my phone; but it would be helpful to set the notifications based on time of day. I frequently receive calls outside of office hours and wish that it did not disrupt me when I am using my phone for personal use.

Cina M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Jive - highly recommended!

Reviewed on 2018/08/22

We have been Jive customers for more than 3 years now. I am not always accepting of changes, so I was not very happy when I had to learn how to use the new phone--but boy am I glad now that my boss made the decision to switch to Jive's VoIP phone system solution. We have different phones, but the one I like the most is the one that works just like my cell--it has a touch screen and it is so easy to use.

Pros

Jive is very customizable! You can make changes on the fly; you can access the system on your desk phone, your cell phone or even your computer.
I like how you can go into the portal and change the dial plan, close the office and temporarily forward phone calls to another line or office, then revert it back to normal--all with relative ease.
I also like how you get so many features that are included -- they don't nickel and dime for each thing!
One more thing I like is the presence monitoring on the phones, I can see on my phone screen if one of my coworkers is on a call so I know if I should transfer the caller or just send them to voice mail.

Cons

Faxing is limited to 5 pages or less. However, now that I think about that, I hardly get any faxes anymore because people simply send me PDFs instead.

Jessica B.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great Software for VOIP

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Overall, Jive is one of the best VOIPs out there. The issues are minimal and you get great customer service, plus the Jive website is so easy to use.

Pros

I love the ease of customizing settings on the website. I manage the schedule daily and can make changes to the ring groups or different phone lines easily. If I do have a question, I am usually able to get ahold of someone at Jive rather quickly and they can make the changes for me but also walk me through how to do it for next time. The support team at Jive is very responsive.

Cons

My main point of contention is that Jive doesn't keep logs of when there are issues with the phones. For example, we had someone call about 6 times after hours on a Friday, which we didn't find out about til we returned to the office Monday, and the techs couldn't help us figure out what the issue was or why the calls kept getting rerouted back to the main line instead of going to the after hours emergency line. The tech said it is best to call right after the incident happens, which would have been impossible for us since it was after hours!

Allie S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Love Jive!!

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

overall we are satisfied, however if the contact center doesn't allow us to be able to have agents log in independently from the device for desk sharing we may be looking at alternate options. (jive Web has a do not disturb feature that we are not able to disable, so therefore we cant use bcz we cant see if agents are on do not disturb)

Pros

love that its web based, full access to the PBX where I can control call routing at a minutes time. Reporting easy to access. Jive app allows me to take phone calls from anywhere.

Cons

Contact center needs developing it is not agent centric at all. It is queue centric, it is missing visibility into what the agent is doing. individual log ins are not available so for a call center that share desk this is not a good product as the data is all geared to the device and not the user. Call centers usually share seats, so this is a major fail. Also there is no visibility into agent status, outbound calls are not identified so you see "idle for an agent " when in fact they are on an outbound call.

Merrick A.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Jive over everything!

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

Jive is so much simpler than it’s more expensive, less customer oriented counterparts.

Pros

Jive is what Ringcentral used to be: an easy behind the scenes portal for administrators to easily manage phone trees, voice messages, and digital faxes. Jive allows you to create actual ‘click and drag’ style phone systems. The customer service team is relatively local, well informed, and has ideal follow through. Jive beats it’s competitors in functionality and price. The Apps they offer are great for doing distance work and responding to voice messages out of the office.

Cons

The digital fax function requires you to use an email account and copy paste destination info into your ‘to’ field. This process was rarely convenient.

Blake M.

Using Jive

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Replacing old Nortel PBXes, other VOIP implementations, and other patchwork phone systems is nice -- once all the kinks are worked out of a Jive PBX for a client it's pretty great. The Tier 2 / 3 Support is also excellent, when they are needed.

Pros

Lots of features. Once configured properly, it works very nicely and we have had few issues for production PBXes.

Cons

Lots of features - some of the management through the GUI to turn on or adjust features is unintuitive and probably unnecessarily so. Some of resolutions for issues seen during migrations to Jive took too long -- considering how critical regular phone service is for business, even now with all of the other communications tech options available.

Carleen W.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great VoIP service with just a few tiny kinks that could be worked out!

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Overall I'm happy we switched from a landline system to Jive VoIP. Great phone quality, decent customer service. I'd recommend it!

Pros

It's super easy to use. Onboarding was easy (at first the rep wouldn't contact us and we had to chase someone down to help with onboarding), but overall they are kind and try to assist. Everyone on the phones seems very in-tune with the online system for setup and programming. Very little downtime (if ever--it has yet to go down since we signed up which was many many months ago), and voice quality is great.

Cons

There are a LOT of "incompatible routers", which is difficult because our router is provided by Comcast and is for business use. If they have so many incompatible routers, I wish they'd provide a list of compatible ones (there isn't one--except for a bunch that Jive sells on their end that is impossible to get quickly). Customer service, though helpful, often times requires a "ticket" and then takes a long time to get back to us.

Kris S.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Jive Communications positive experience

Reviewed on 2018/10/11

Pros

Jive did a great job of incentivizing making the change to VoIP with a great deal on the equipment needed to get started. They managed the set up process well and the customer support was excellent. Love the Management panel for building out answering queues, ring groups and auto attendants.

Cons

The Fax interface is not robust and is prone to crashing and needing to power cycle. We have had some marginal problems with quality from time to time and we did need to change our Router to a more expensive router to handle the phones. That was not clear from the beginning.

Derek C.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Every time I call service is excellent and problems are resolved quickly

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

We have already recommended to many other clinics that are friends and they all use also. Benefit is many lines for an affordable price, voicemail and holiday settings, transferring calls, and being able to have multiple calls on one phone

Pros

Easy to use and very little issues. When a problem does occur I can check status and see when its fixed in real time

Cons

Just when our area has internet issues it affects the phones due to wifi base. Not Jives fault but definitely our biggest issues due to the area we are in being more prone to these problems and both internet companies are run through the same system so no way around

Hyrum S.

Jive Review

Reviewed on 2018/08/30

For the most part is has been good, it has been nice to be able to use our cell phones, desk phones, and soft phones. It makes it really easy to be able to business from anywhere which is exactly what we were looking for. It's also great to have transparency in pricing, where we don't get charged extra for using our cell phones. This is key as we may not always be in the office, but it is great to be able to be available from anywhere.

Pros

Flexibility - our office is not one location, we have many offices and it now makes it easy to work anywhere with Jive.

Cons

I don't like how you have to change the plans through dial plan. Previously we used RingCentral and if we needed to change the call forwarding, their system was very easy to do that. It could all be done through the schedules, which makes more sense in routing, rather than having to go through the dial plan. I feel like it's a bit more complicated.

Jennifer C.

Quality service that is dependable

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

It serves our purposes and was not challenging to set up. Allows us to customize it to fit our needs versus something straight out of the box that doesn't.

Pros

Jive voice is very dependable, when I need it to work it does. Call quality is clear and features meet our needs.

Cons

If I have questions about customization it's challenging to get a hold of support. Also the options while in voicemail seem excessive. I have to chose an option sometimes 3 times to get what I want. Seems there could be a simpler way to get to my end result.

Peter V.

Easy to use with full features

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Pros

Graphical IVR setup makes it simple to create a professional IVR. Full control over extensions, lines, voicemail, routing, and more make it a full-featured cloud-based phone system. Exceptionally good voice quality, availability, and support

Cons

While I haven't done any extensive search since initial purchase, the cost per user is a little higher than I had before a prior merger into Jive.

Parnell e. L.
  • Industry: Furniture

All the functionality and an extremely low TCO

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

This is the second time I have used Jive is a medium sized company installation. Jive was able to beat everyone on price for both the month reoccurring as well as the phone equipment. It is a great system to maintain and has virtually all the features you could need.

Pros

All the functionality a business could want COMES WITH the basic services. The web portal is easy to use and the technical support is ready, willing and able to assist if you hit a road block. Jive was also able to supply new high quality name brand phones.

Jive also can support fax machines which most VoIP providers do not. This is a big savings over the old copper line.

Cons

If you are not a technical person you may need to call Jive to support. The support however is free and easy to reach so it isn't terrible.

Kristine C.

Great phone solution!

Reviewed on 2019/04/19

With prior phone systems...every thing took months to accomplish, additional charges were added for simple items and the overall all cost were outrageous. Changing to Jive saved us $1000's per month! Jive's programming is simple, I can make changes, add lines, reprogram call paths within a few minutes. Jive is definitely worth the cost.

Pros

Easy to set-up, make changes and use. Jive customer service is quick to resolve issues and great with follow-up. Product value is great for the cost.

Cons

Loved the chat line but now it has been removed. Chat line saved me the "hold time on calls" and generally my questions are easily resolved. While i can accomplish the same with a call, the calls just take longer for a resolution. Would like more functionality with reporting.

David G.
  • Industry: Legal Services

I love Jive. Great services for the money.

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

It helps me easily manage calls which makes life easier.

Pros

Jive phone system is packed with useful features. The back-end phone system is easy to manage on my own. It is reliable service and makes running my business easier.

Cons

I wish that add-on lines were less expensive. You must be sure to have adequate upload bandwidth or you will have problems, but this is common with all VOIP.

Edward M.

Jive Voice

Reviewed on 2019/01/03

Overall love the product.

Pros

We love the features and functionality. as well as the ease of use. We were able to quickly setup and get our system rolling

Cons

The only Con is the customer support. I had an instance where our phones were down 4 days, and I was passed from one tech to another over the 4 day period with over 20 phone calls to get the issue resolved.

Victoria S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Very responsive customer service.

Reviewed on 2020/03/21

Pros

It is convenient to be able to use multiple phone lines that they provide.

Cons

There are too many issues to deal with on a daily basis. Phone lines are down way too often. Customer support team us very helpful but there is always only temporarily fix to all the issues we are dealing with while using their services.

Larry F.
  • Industry: Insurance

Very great experience, any issues are always resolved fast and professional

Reviewed on 2018/06/08

Helps to make our job easier by the ease of use and what it offers us as a growing team in the insurance industry.

Pros

Price is very affordable and services are great. I believe you get a great bang for your buck, especially in small businesses.

Cons

Cant think of anything that I don't like, I think the entire platform is great and much needed for businesses

Michael B.

Very satisfied

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Pros

I've been using Jive for almost 2 years now and have been satisfied from the beginning. Our outdated system allowed us little flexibility and was quite expensive. With Jive we're able to change our hold system quite easily, as well as our voice mail message, etc.

Jive is also great with providing statistics on calls received/made that can be quite useful, depending on the size of one's business.

When I have needed technical assistance it's been fairly quick and I can understand everything they're telling me.

I've been through a number of communications providers (with both my business and home) and I've been more satisfied with Jive than I have been with any other provider.

Cons

There was nothing about this product that I found to be negative.

Margaret T.

Reliable, Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/04/03

Pros

Reliable, Easy to Use, and Customer Service is great if necesssary

Cons

Performance can sometimes be a problem, largely because of the internet service provider that you have. Otherwise largely reliable unless your internet goes down.

• Industry: Hospitality

Great Communication App

Reviewed on 2019/04/09

Any questions we had/have are answered very quickly, with details and links. The simplified instructions are great

Pros

This software is user friendly and easy to setup

Cons

Honestly I do not have any negatives, we have been using the software for a few months now.

Anne C.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Pros

Simplicity and ease to reach a customer support technician. They are willing to assist with walking a customer through the dial plan options, cleaning up, and setting up a new dial plan.

Cons

Difficulty in setting up holiday dial plan options on my own.

Deborah S.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Great value for money

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

Jive voice takes care of all of our phone management needs. Customer service is fantastic!!

Pros

Makes it very easy to manage our phone system; I can easily add and delete users

Cons

Not compatible with all browsers. But works with the browser we commonly use so no problem really.