Boomr Mobile

• Industry: Facilities Services
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Boomr is a Really Good Time Tracking Program

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

We had a really good experience with Boomr and used it for a couple of years. The QuickBooks integration is great as is the GPS tracking - really important to know that your employees are actually where they say they are. We ending up switching to another time tracking program that was more comprehensive and tailored to our specific industry, however I’d really recommend this to anyone needing a reliable time tracking program.

Pros

It’s an easy and comprehensive way to track time - especially when you have lots of employees with different shifts - and it integrates with QuickBooks which was great for us.

Cons

For our industry in particular, it woud’ve been really helpful to be able to have some sort of alert if an employee does not show up for a shift. Additionally a lot of employees had issues clocking in or out at times.

Josh P.

Boomr is Amazing!

Reviewed on 2019/11/11

I love the chat option with Boomr, so many of my difficult questions have been answered with a simple chat. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been amazing and extremely responsive to all my questions, even if the answer isn't the direction I hoped it would be.

Pros

I love the time tracking features with the app. We recently started using the Time Off Requests and it has helped us to track our time off requests more efficiently as well as effectively. We love the ability to track lengths of lunches and being able to see the "approaching overtime" tracker on the desktop version.

Cons

1 thing that I wish the software did was able us to track "unpaid time off". I understand the reasons it doesn't but if we had this ability it would eliminate our need to use a secondary software to process all time off requests. As it stand right now, we still have 2 different time allocation systems we have to use in order to show all of our needs.

Patrick F.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Excellent product, would recommend

Reviewed on 2020/02/05

Pros

Boomr integrates extremely easily with our payroll processor and very easy to use

Cons

N/A, it's been very helpful for myself as an admin and the retail employees have been using it for clocking in and out at our retail locations

Joshua H.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Good for keeping track with afew down falls

Reviewed on 2018/05/17

Getting paid

Pros

Love the gps it makes it easy to track the time for current job. Over all grate app only downfalls in my book is the limited offline use.

Cons

Some areas that we work in have little to no data, this being a data only app is a down fall.
If it could allow you to check into a job in a "offline" mode and then automatically update once data is available would make it alot easier instead of adding the shift each time.

Dimitri P.

Easy to use, great platform, overall it is a great app for a small and medium bussiness.

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

Easy to use, beautiful and portable.

Pros

It works with wifi or data. You can use it everywhere and you dont have to have punch in machines in the store.

Cons

After some major updates I have to figure out where are the buttons but it takes only 5 minutes. This is not a major issue.

Riley M.

Relatively simple to use, but sometimes has GPS issues.

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

Ease of use and quick clock ins

Pros

Ability to clock in/out quickly. Ability to add notes to shifts, and also very easy to apply shift breaks.

Cons

Cannot add shifts to days that the gps locator was off. This, in turn, affects the ability to clock in.

Michael O.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Great app, intuitive interface, easy to edit shifts and track weekly totals.

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Ease of clocking in and out, editing shifts, tracking hours over previous pay periods.

Pros

Shift and weekly totals, ability to edit shifts, historical views of past shifts/weeks. All valuable features.

Cons

Some intermittent network connectivity issues. Also a system glitch when trying to log in from more than one terminal (e.g. clocked in at public terminal, can't clock out of same shift from personal phone.

Owen M.
  • Industry: Accounting

Makes it incredible easy to check in and out of the office, as well as start and end breaks.

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Pros

The convenience of controlling your hours right from your phone makes coming and going that much easier.

Cons

At times there are glitches in the software that will keep you from logging in or properly recording times.

Renee G.

Easy to clock in and out, it's user friendly and has a straightforward UI.

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

Pros

Great for helping me keep track of time, it's user friendly, and it tracks how much I've been paid.

Cons

It's super easy to accidentally clock out when you didn't mean to, or accidentally go on a break when you didn't mean to. Also, when it is location specific, sometimes it glitches and doesn't let you clock in -- which then screws everything up.

Marissa L.

Boomr is fairly easy to use and navigate.

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Pros

Being able to use multiple platforms. It's a tool to be able to use away from the main job site. Making project tracking much easier.

Cons

I do not like that I am unable to easily edit an open shift. Currently, I have to wait till the shift has ended completely before I can fix an employees missed lunch/break clock in/out's.

• Industry: Textiles
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good for small office

Reviewed on 2018/09/12

Accurate tracking
GPS location ping

Cons

Freezes
Slow to load
Incorrect log keeping - would short change you

Michelle M.

easy to log and track my work time

Reviewed on 2018/06/06

time tracking

Pros

quick and has reminders to log my time that I work each day so that I can look back and dont have to forget. Can log from anywhere.

Cons

i wish there was a printable either monthly or a weekly spreadsheet to be able to print and turn into my supervisor

Kaley W.

Perfect for checking into work and checking out at the end of the day, and for calculating...

Reviewed on 2018/05/15

Pros

What I like most is that it is easy to check in and out. It's just a click of the button and I'm good!

Cons

Sometimes I get errors. It tells me that it cannot connect, like when I'm coming back from a break, so then I have to go in and edit my day after the fact.

Penelope A.

Its ok, but my team are still having issues with break times etc.

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

its ease of use as the administrator

Pros

It is mobile, which I like. I am considering going to a desktop clock in situation, which can be placed inside the office. Not sure you are able to do that.

Cons

Tends to have glitches sometimes. People can hack it (GPS was hacked).

Michael B.

One of the best out there

Reviewed on 2017/11/12

Makes keeping times easier

Pros

Ability to sign in anywhere. Choose specific location. I liked the layout and ease of use. Ability to sign in from pc and phone

Cons

Unable to delete old locations. Unable to manually enter completed shifts or edit shifts from mobile.

Jeanne W.

I like how it keeps track of how my hours are down or up from the week before.

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

Pros

I like how it tracks hours to the minute and tells me the percentage I am over or under the amount of hours I worked the week previously.

Cons

The cons are that it doesn't function if our wifi goes down at work. Our company uses it as a time clock at work.

Jeffrey B.

Works well

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Pros

Easy to administer and easy web interface for employees. Reports are nice. Works as advertised in every way.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike. I do think a tiered pricing structure that makes it cheaper for smaller companies would make sense.

Victoria V.

Had to use this app for work

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Pros

Very easy to clock in and out. I like how it and keeps track of my hours as well. Never had any issues.

Cons

I don't see any problems with it. I never had any issues, I also never had to call customer support, which is always a good thing.

Matt F.

Owner and general manager of company with 15 employees. I do all the payroll inputs myself...

Reviewed on 2018/05/14

Pros

Easy to use. Employees are in charge of tracking their cumulative hours. The geo-fence is good. App is good, though the font is microscopic.

Cons

Rounds the hours down in QB integration.
Only imports grand total hours into QB, does not put OT in proper QB payroll fields.
All the reports are listed first name first. Then conversely QB is last name first...AS IT SHOULD BE!!!!
It does not allow me to edit a shift that is still open!

Vanessa K.

Mostly a great product. There are a few glitches with the gps but overall very easy.

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

real time money and hours tracking.

Pros

I can see how much money I am making in real time. I can track my hours daily which is nice to do.

Cons

sometimes it doesn't end shift or start/end break all the way after it confirms that it does.

Mercedes K.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Easy, visible time tracking!

Reviewed on 2017/09/27

Pros

It does its job nice and simply. I can clock out of work from my phone; how can it get any more convenient than that?

Cons

Sometimes it logs me out instead of clocking me out, but that happens about once every couple of months.

Andrew Z.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Easy and Straightforward

Reviewed on 2018/03/21

For my full-time employees with smartphones, it was an ease of use thing. If they forgot to clock out then could easily do it where ever they were. We have a few remote employees and that made this nice as well

Pros

It was so easy to set up and start implementing. We had our entire team using it the very next day.

Cons

We have interns that come and go for the company constantly. Some of those interns do not have smartphones making it near impossible to use the product. What was needed at the time was web portal that would allow those interns to clock in. This is why we ultimately had to move to another system. Other than that I really liked Boomer

Carlos M.
  • Industry: Utilities

Horrible Experience

Reviewed on 2016/06/21

It has geo-tracking, but only works when employees clock in. Meaning an employee can leave an hour early, get home an hour later, and clock out from there. Constant (I mean 3x week) glitches in the user interface such as frozen screens and errors when communicating with gusto.

Pros

App is easy to install and navigate when working properly

Cons

-Constant Glitches
-Lack of critical time tracking abilities when it comes to employees clocking out
-HORRIBLE customer service. I felt like /i was talking to some dude on his cell phone, very unprofessional and was not able to provide me with a solution for any of my issues.

Don’t know why people don’t use this

Reviewed on 2018/09/11

Pros

Should be industry standard. So easy to use, complete control over hours. Love it.

Cons

Sometimes I can’t edit shifts. Or shifts are mysteriously deleted. Simply fixed by inputting again but a hassle.

Stephanie D.

This app has been great!

Reviewed on 2016/07/11

Pros

I like that Boomr has an iPhone app. Its really simple to use and I like that I can see how much money to expect for each shift. I also like that my manager can adjust my shifts because sometimes I can be forgetful and forget to clock out.

Cons

I have not had any issues with Boomr so far. I have nothing to complain about.