ALIS

Software Purpose Built for Assisted Living

Robert R.

Our experience has been exceptional from the user friendly software to the first-class support...

Reviewed on 2018/03/02

Pros

The ease-of-use makes ALIS a stand out choice for EHR software. Our employees love the layout and picked it up within the first couple minutes of use. The first week, I had all of our Med Techs come up to me individually and say how much easier their daily routine is now. ALIS keeps them on task by reducing clutter and showing only what needs to be seen. The simple layout and color coding prevents confusion compared to other clunky software products.

From their sales rep to on-boarding manager to support team, we couldn't have been more happy and put at-ease. They are all very knowledgeable about the software, responsive and easy to work with at the same time. I have the number for support on speed dial and I am not exaggerating when I say that someone answers immediately, every time I call (no auto-attendant). Most of the calls I make are only general ALIS questions but if I see something isn't working properly, it is fixed right away. Their whole team can respond to the entire range of requests.

...Highly Recommended

Cons

There are hiccups just as any other software but any issues I have, I can take to their fast-acting support team. I always get a knowledgeable person on the line right away and my issue is resolved before I have a chance to have a negative thought about the product.

Kacie K.

A lot of bugs at first

Reviewed on 2020/01/20

Not great at first, but once it’s officially up and running it is convenient.

Pros

Once set up it was nice to be able to leave messages about the events that happened per resident. You could even tag specific people or departments in those messages. All of our residents information was kept in one program that could be accessed from dozens of locations through out the building.

Cons

Switching to this program was a pain as many of of users kept getting bumped off the system, then the couldn’t log in until and admin came to work the next day. And if it happened on the weekend you couldn’t update notes, or access resident info, etc. until an admin came in to contact the programs customer service which would then take at least an hour to get it working.

Jamie H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

I am currently in the second ALF that I have brought alis into. Hands down, the best.

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

It makes my job easier, my staffs job easier, and it keeps us in compliance without having to keep track of all the little things you need to keep track of.

Pros

Ease of use. If you can use a smartphone, you can use this software. From implementation through full use of the software, the team is always available and goes above and beyond.

Cons

Its not in every building in America!!!! I can not think of something that I do not like about the software. I have sat here for 10 minutes trying to think of something.

Colette S.

Alis is Great

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

We have 128 residents receiving services from us and they are all in Alis. Of all the programs that I have worked with Alis is the easiest to operate and navigate. I can honestly say that we have had very few problems and if there has been a problem the support team has worked with us to find a solution. An example is when I went into Alis to retrieve information and discovered that room numbers were all of a sudden incorrect. I contacted Support and by that afternoon everything was corrected and I received a call notifying me it was corrected and how the problem occurred. They have also listened to what our needs are and made accommodations to suit us. Reports were created to allow us to track specific information rather than having to go person by person to tally the information. It makes my job easier and less stressful knowing I can get into Alis and find what I need.

Pros

Ease of use and the reports that allow me to find the information I need quickly. Anyone can easily learn how to use the program even if they have not had computer experience in the past.

Cons

Staff can only go back a week to complete the cares that were missed.

Response from Medtelligent

We are so happy to help make your life a bit easier with ALIS!

We take great pride in the work our ALIS Support team does, and are really glad to hear you feel the same way!!

Huge thanks for taking the time to tell us your thoughts.

Brandi M.

Alis gives me peace of mind while away from campus

Reviewed on 2017/07/28

Data collection and review, peace of mind

Pros

I cannot say enough about the customer service! One of the customer rep is very knowledgeable and quick to respond. I love that Alis is web-based allowing me to review documents away from campus. This feature is also a huge time saver for our Health Services Technicians while with clients at MD appointments. The Techs are able to access valuable information and enter observation notes on the spot saving time when they return to campus. The electronic med pass is phenomenal! I receive email alerts for any medication change and an exception allowing me to review immediately. Med pass is also very user-friendly and easy to navigate. The many reports allow for the ability to drill down when very specific, detailed information is needed. The reports export to excel with great ease allowing for creating spreadsheets and graphs.

Cons

I am excited to have the calendar system updated. I look forward to the ability to search the calendars to find past and future dates of appointments, etc. I would like for the weight report to present in a format to calculate 30d, 90d, and 180d significant weight changes.

Beth B.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SUPPORT

Reviewed on 2018/06/20

I oversee 4 communities in CT. This helps me to do my job and see what is happening in a community when I am not there. I also can see scheduling, assessments on residents as well as aides signing off on care. It can give me data for Quality Assurance Meeting as well as data for many reports.

Pros

I have been working with the ALIS staff for 6 years. They are ALWAYS responsive and supportive and are only a phone call away. Customer service is above and beyond. They have customized our specific requests to make it exactly how we want to use it. Updates occur flawlessly.

Cons

There is nothing about the software I dislike. I am sometimes impatient about changes that I want to occur---but it doesn't have anything to do with the software! :)

Norma T.

Love Alis!

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

I find this software very easy to use. When I need to input information I never have any issues. I explain Alis to the new employees and they are able to follow. I also like the help cnter app through Alis. It is very informative and guides you through any issues you may have.

Pros

It is easy to use. The features are bold and nicely color coordinated.

Cons

It does not prepopulate certain lists. For example, it does not pre populate a mass email list.

Response from Medtelligent

We always love hearing from you, Norma, but reading this review was a treat! Thank you so much for being a constant advocate for ALIS -- it's so great working with you!

Heather H.

Alis review

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

My experience with Alis has been great. It is very user friendly. Training employees on the software was a breeze compared to other software I have used in the past.

Pros

That it's the total package. You get the EMAR and EHR.

Cons

I would like for it to be more time sensitive. When certain things are due they should be available to chart, and if they are not due then they should not be available to chart. This would eliminate charting ahead.

Response from Medtelligent

We're happy when you're happy, Heather! You've been wonderful to work with, and this is extremely valuable feedback to have. Thank you so much!

Peter C.

Evergreen

Reviewed on 2018/12/27

Paper work load was drastically reduced and the RNs were able to track issues while also referencing past information quicker.

Pros

Great product for smaller sized Assisted Living Centers. Staff caught on to it very quickly. Very user friendly. Support staff at corporate office has been outstanding.

Cons

Assessments could have been more detailed

Erica F.

We Love ALIS

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

We have used a few different programs for our assisted living facility. ALIS, by far, outweighs them all in all features/departments. We are so happy with everything they have to offer. It's modern, user-friendly, and the customer service is superlative.

Pros

The ease of use and the eMAR functions (they have the capability to lessen/eliminate the chance of med errors.

Response from Medtelligent

You are awesome, Erica! We know you know your stuff, and are so pleased to hear ALIS meets your expectations. Thanks so much!

Michael S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Amazing product and company

Reviewed on 2016/11/07

We have been using ALIS since the end of 2011, and it is truly an excellent product for our Assisted Living communities. Their support team is always available and very helpful at both the community level and corporate level. One of the biggest positives about the product is their ability to make changes to make sure your specific needs are met as opposed to other programs.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, communication with ALIS team

Cons

Not as robust on the marketing/prospects end

Kristina N.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Wonderful software

Reviewed on 2018/12/28

Overall, our experience has been been wonderful. I have been very impressed with everyone that we have worked with from the very beginning. The training we have received and the webinars that we continue to attend and learn from are wonderful tools to ensure our success.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. I also appreciate the great customer service.

Cons

The calendar function is not quite what we need for our use.

Dana D.

ALIS review

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

So far we have loved ALIS and the experiences we have had with all of the staff. We have been supported and encouraged to use any and all features. We are a small community and transitioning into ALIS and have not had a hard time! We highly recommend it.

Pros

Ease of use, the format is user friendly. Smooth integration.

Cons

Uploading files, would like to be able to do one large upload and have it on patient where we can label it as "entrance papers or something else."

Response from Medtelligent

We are so happy to help you work toward your paperless dream, Dana! You & your team have put in a ton of great work getting up and running with ALIS, and it's a pleasure to work with a community like yours. Keep it up and always let us know what we can do to help!

Catherine M.

Director of Community Relations

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

I have worked with ALIS for over one year now, I have found it to have a substantial amount of glitches. It is not user friendly, even for a professional who has worked on many systems.

Response from Medtelligent

Hi Catie, Of course we don't love hearing your experience with ALIS has been subpar! Would it be ok for us to reach out for a discussion surrounding some ways you feel the ease-of-use could be improved? We also want to hear about those glitches so we can get them reported and fixed!

Thanks so much for your feedback. Really looking forward to working with you to make ALIS even better.

Jason D.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

The Oaks Assisted Living

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

ALIS has an easy to use and well-organized interface (Dashboard), which requires little to no explanation for how to use it. ALIS support made for a seamless transition from paper based charting to electronic charting. Our staff is now able to deliver more efficient, high quality care with having all the tools they being just a mouse click away.

Pros

The accessibility with having everything organized in one place.

Cons

Name format inconsistencies some modules list the residents by last name, first name and other modules still list residents by first name, last name.

The system requires the facility to admit a resident before the medications and care items can be entered. This prevents facilities from being proactive with having everything ready for a resident prior to the admission date. It often times takes several hours and or days to enter data, so facilities are forced to admit the resident prior to the true admission date which prevents us from having accurate census/occupancy reports.

Not having the ability to configure automatic MAR backups This is a manual process and is often times not completed because of it being manual and required additional time to do.

Response from Medtelligent

Your insights totally indispensable to us, Jason. We're so happy to have you as a client!! We hear you on everything you wrote, and are really excited to work toward addressing them in the coming year. Thanks so much, and keep up the good work!

Candace L.

An amazing and easy to use application for long term care communities for resident...

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

Fabulous! I am happy our company switched to ALIS.

Pros

How easy it is to navigate, add and delete information.

Cons

The CRM portion needs some type of calendar for up coming tasks such as calls, emails, home visits, etc. Tasks can get lost due to their not being a format to help track these type of tasks.

Jennifer L.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Just ASK ALIS

Reviewed on 2021/01/02

Pros

ALIS is very user-friendly and easy to navigate. The best part of ALIS is their amazing support team. Every individual who has answered the phone has given 100% of their effort to help resolving any challenges I have come across. They are all knowledgeable, patient, and thorough with explaining steps and processes. What you do not know about ALIS, the support team will train on.

Cons

The least is the inability to master the software. There are so many features and options available, I would say the only thing I do not like about ALIS software is not knowing all the tips and tricks to master it. It really is an efficient and helpful program.

Ben S.

This software is intuitive and complete! The alis team is super, but we didn't need much...

Reviewed on 2018/02/03

Pros

There are many great things about alis, but the best is that the folks who wrote this software either really know the assisted living business or they listen really well to their customers. I am a former business manager and engineer for a large manufacturing company used to good ERP systems. I started my assisted living business 5 years ago and did not expect to find a solution this well done for a small company like mine. Some of the good features are:
Narc counts at shift change work well
All information is real time and changes are pretty easy to make
The system is really intuitive for an experienced caregiver
Great visibility to meds and care items that have not been documented as complete
After a month, my caregivers like this system better than our old paper system

Cons

Most of what we like least they are already working to fix in the coming updates. We run 2 shifts and the system is "set" for three shifts, but our current workaround is not bad. We look forward to being able to make updates while offline that will sync when connection resumes.

Julie D.

My experience with the ALIS system and their customer service has been very positive.

Reviewed on 2018/06/19

Our files and resident information is easily accessible.

Pros

I like the fact that the software can be customized to my agency's needs. In a constantly changing environment, ALIS keeps my agency up to date with licensing requirements. ALiS makes it easy for us to add new resident and staff information as well as compliance documents. This information is available to our staff on our computers, tablets and smart phones, so no matter where we are, we can communicate with our staff and have access to the information that is needed. ALIS provides security clearances for our staff, giving them access to the information they need, without giving them the ability to delete important files. If files are accidentally deleted, ALIS keeps files archived, so with a push of a button, they can be restored. Their customer service is excellent, providing answers to my questions and problems in a timely manner.

Cons

ALIS updates every few months, and every time it updates, we have small glitches in our programs. These are minor, but can be annoying. For instance, in our notes the time saved reverts back to the default time , not the save time that we have requested. If is annoying rather than a serious problem because the notes are archived, and we can still access them.

Elizabeth B.

ALWAYS ATTENTIVE

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

Anytime I have contacted ALIS they have been extremely quick with answering questions or fixing problems! They are knowledgeable about their product, they have customized our program and have listened to all of our input. It has been an extreme pleasure working with the entire staff of ALIS!

Pros

It is user friendly. There are many avenues to use if you cannot figure something out. The
Reports are very useful.

Cons

When building a care plan, you have to assign the tasks separately.

Response from Medtelligent

We always enjoy working with you & the Hearth team!! Thanks so much for the feedback and kind words, Beth.
P.S.- We totally hear you on the care plans... we'll see what we can do!

Valerie C.

Review of ALIS

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

We use ALIS every day. It is pretty user friendly. There are times I think it needs to be more detailed, but mostly serves our basic needs.

Pros

User friendly and help desk is quick and helpful.

Cons

Some difficulty changing areas when you need to change.

Response from Medtelligent

We are so happy to have been The Well House's software provider all these years! We've put in a lot of work lately to allow ALIS to handle some more complex needs in AL-- we'd love to revisit with you and see if any of it might be useful for you & your team. Thanks so much for your feedback, Valerie!!

Angelica Y.

ALIS is great!

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

ALIS is clear, intuitive and easy to teach to new employees. We also love working with Medtelligent - they truly care about their customers and continually improve the ALIS software. We're very happy to be on ALIS - it has scaled very nicely as our company has grown.

Pros

easy to use - modern, clean feel

Cons

Some limitations in features (such as calendar scheduling, permissions are not very adaptable)

Response from Medtelligent

SLS has been such a wonderful long-term partner for us. We so enjoy working with you and your team, Angelica!! Keep up all the good work that you do!

Donna R.

ALIS reveiw

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

ALIS is a great, easy to learn and use software program. The customer service is great, and they have always bent over backwards responding to our needs and concerns.

Pros

Cons

Some features are not great from a clinical standpoint

Response from Medtelligent

Donna, you and everyone at Lotus Park have been an invaluable part of making ALIS what it is today. Thanks so much for everything you do!

David H.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Good program ease of use could be improved greatly not having to click everywhere

Reviewed on 2018/06/22

tracking down all requirements for residents

Pros

easy to read, customer service Trish is always awesome!

Cons

ease of use. You have to know where you are going and how to get there or you'll get incorrect data

Sondra C.

services

Reviewed on 2018/12/29

great customer support

Pros

everything goes to where it is needed do not have to enter the same information in several places

Cons

some items are difficult to find you have to search