HomeTrak

Homecare management and caregiver scheduling

4,4
3,8
4,3
4,5
4,6
Alice G.

Age Advantage Senior Care Services, Alice A. Guilford, Owner/Administrator

Reviewed on 2014/07/25

HomeTrak Companions is a robust, easy to use scheduling software that contains so much more than just the caregivers/client's schedule. HomeTrak can provide a myriad of functions from enhance measurement and reporting statistics. to caregiver call-in/call-out notifications. HomeTrak customer support is great and you can choose how you want to interface with the support team, either by phone, email, or remote control of your PC so their experts can "see" whats really happening. Anyone who calls and is looking for home care scheduling software gets my vote for HomeTrak Companion, hands down.

Marcy B.

Which Software Works Best for Us

Reviewed on 2016/12/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I am very pleased with Home Trak software. I have used 2 other home care software programs but found they were not a very good fit for my company. Both of them had initially sounded ideal but in all actuality they were not. I became frustrated and felt I needed to look into software again now that I had my own business. Hopefully, I would find a software company that truly would make my life easier.
After researching and reviewing several videos of promising software, I found one that I kept coming back to for review again and again. I also did a pros and cons list. In doing so, Home Trak software was always coming out on top. Many of the screens are basically the same which makes it easier to familiarize yourself with and input into the system is faster and easier. Running a Non-Medical Senior Home Care program is hard enough without adding software that is difficult to learn. I am very pleased with the Home Trak software and wish I would have found it sooner!

Pros

I like the ease of use the most. The screens are basically the same with some minor differences depending on whether you are entering a client, caregiver or office staff. This also makes entering or locating information much easier. The cost of the software per month is extremely reasonable with no hidden charges. I recently had an issue with telephony charges showing up on my bill. We hadn't started using it yet, therefore, we should not have been billed for any telephony charges. I called and talked to billing and the issue was investigated and resolved immediately. Training was wonderful except for the homework. Actually, the homework was a blessing in disguise. It was very helpful and gave the opportunity to "practice".

Cons

I can't really say I have found any cons with this software at this point. Having used 2 other software programs, I am very happy with this software.

Kendra B.

Hometrak

Reviewed on 2016/11/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I reviewed Hometrak, it was pretty easy to navigate. The thing I didn't like about it it does not have many features like billing and emailing to clients.

Pros

Easy to navigate

Cons

Not a lot of options for administrative features for billing etc.

Response from Tami

Thank you for considering our software.

HomeTrak does offer accurate, step-by-step billing and payroll. Billing and payroll records can be emailed directly to the recipient from our system.

Our convenient QuickBooks interface allows you to export billing and payroll batches with the press of a button. Our features are highly configurable and can handle the most complex calculations, while saving you valuable time.

We would love to provide you with a demo to cover our extensive capabilities in complete detail. Please contact us at 866-819-1210 or hometrak.com/demo.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

Traci G.

Excellent Support and Technolgy

Reviewed on 2014/07/24

I have owned 2 separate Private Duty Companies. When I started my 2nd one, now in business some 6 years (and have won several awards) there was no doubt I was going to use HomeTrak as I did previously. Not only is the software user friendly, but they continually take your feedback and help you find solutions. I like the fact that the owner Rick was a very successful Homecare pioneer and had the program designed from the angle of what every business owner needs to know, track and analysis. Plus Rick has been kind of enough over the years to give me some excellent advice on other aspects of homecare in general that have helped me have a very successful company. They keep their word, are honest, dependable and know their stuff! Not many businesses can do all that but HomeTrak does with ease.

Erica S.

Reviewed on 2013/09/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We are a small home care agency specializing in TBI and SCI patients. We have been using HomeTrak since 2009 and have been very impressed. They continue to come out with fantastic upgrades and improvements that have been beneficial, and help make the program run better and better each time. Support is excellent, always returning calls in a timely manner. The program is easy to learn and is very user-friendly.

HomeTrak has streamlined our scheduling, payroll, and billing and made the process so much easier. The only aspect we wish was more developed was the care plan area - it would be wonderful if we could do some more case management type activities within the program. It sounds like they are releasing some updates soon that may give us some more functionality in that area, though!

Tina S.

Tina Stewart

Reviewed on 2017/04/14

Excellent experience. User friendly and well designed. Great and ideal for my business. I like how it includes the form, it is a complete workflow option. Saves money and time. It makes my business complete. It also helps to boost clientele. I love this app. Save a lot of wasted energy.

Pros

Saves time and money

Cons

None

Roget B.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Excellent for customer service and ease of use

Reviewed on 2014/07/31
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's reliable, user-friendly, and always up to date.

Cons

Having been a customer almost from its start, we have noticed that it has stayed up to date. The desktop combined with the mobile app is a win-win. The learning curve for new staff is short, as it guides you through everything.

Keith Z.

Reliable, Tried and True

Reviewed on 2015/03/22

HomeTrak is solid, reliable, and the company's experience is evident in the way their software is such a good fit for the home care industry. We've been exposed to HomeTrak and one other software that we're now unfortunately required to use even though it is far more costly and not nearly as reliable or good as HomeTrak. HomeTrak is clearly the best overall. HomeTrak's support is stellar.

Janet B.

Owner

Reviewed on 2014/07/28

I really like this product and the company. They have gone out of their way to tailor the program to our unique needs. I have nothing but good things to say about the staff. They are intelligent and dedicated beyond belief. Honest as well.

Ebony J.
Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Rating only

Reviewed on 2018/04/03
Alexandra R.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

User friendly - lots of features

Reviewed on 2016/09/22
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

this software is very user friendly and has a ton of features - scheduling can be detailed to ensure the right fit between scheduled employee and receiver of services - email integration makes contacting caregivers easy - also like the way maps can be sent to caregivers through the software -

Cons

Once you get used to the scheduler and how it looks, its less confusing...adding staff can be time consuming because there are many different options you can set up as expiration reminders for licensing, certifications, etc.

Jayne R.
Industry: Public Safety

Excellent software, stable, reliable, very good support, great pricing.

Used Monthly for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2016/10/06
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

This is an excellent software. I've reviewed many others, even more expensive software, this is the one to buy if you want a stable, good software at a reasonable price. The more expensive software products simply cater more toward the medical field, and might be beneficial to a physician's office. So, they're not better, just more complex, taking too much time to learn, too much time to work and are way too expensive. I found Hometrak is detailed enough for an HCA or private duty, as we are but has many more steps than I required. I created an Excel spreadsheet which takes care of all of my software/recording/billing/payroll needs.

Pros

Hometrak is more stable than an Excel spreadsheet. Excel can crash and lose all data, so you'd have to use cloud backup. Also, it's great for those who don't want to bother learning Excel or just find it too difficult. Also, I did cancel the subscription because my business is small and the staff at Hometrak was very gracious about cancelling. No hassle at all. For that alone I'd resubscribe if my business grew substantially and I had to hire people. Pricing is great, the staff really tried to bend over backward to offer fair pricing. This is the only software I would buy if I required it.

Cons

For my needs there are too many steps required, it takes too much time to complete a set up for candidates/caregivers and clients.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Stacey H.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

I would like more user friendly features

Reviewed on 2017/04/28
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I'm hoping that since Clear Care took over, some of their software features, and some of the HomeTrak features will be combined to make an entire software package that provides user friendly features.

Pros

I like that I can easily track activity. The training was pretty good. There are several reports that I can run, rather easily.

Cons

Some of the features I was wanting aren't part of this software. Some of the tasks are rather complicated and time consuming to complete.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Michael M.

A lot to learn!

Reviewed on 2016/12/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

We own a small home care agency and we were looking for scheduling software to help us with this dreaded task. We found HomeTrak Companion and decided we loved what we saw. It has so many features to learn but looks like it's the perfect software for what we do. I can't wait to get it all up and running and to have HomeTrak as our go-to software for all our home care needs.

Pros

Very versatile and loaded with nuances.

Cons

Like the title says, a lot to learn, but not too bad.

Dan G.

Could not do my job without this.

Reviewed on 2016/05/24

I started at another agency and was horrified by the number of scheduling, billing and payroll errors. 50% of my time was spent correcting mistakes. I recommended an industry specific software solution and HomeTrak was selected. I watched it become a better place to work with such an increase in productivity that even clients and workers noticed the change.

Jen H.

Great company to work with

Reviewed on 2016/05/24

With being a service based business, I want to do business with companies that provide great service. I have always had great interactions with HomeTrak support. I've worked with them since 2005 through many iterations of the software and working with beta testing the newest product (Caregiver Portal). I know that I will be treated fairly.

Ron R.

The software is perfect for our Biz, we are very satisfied!

Reviewed on 2016/06/02

Pros - Easy to use, flexible, multiple access methods (IPhone, tablet, desktop). Always new releases coming out as well to keep up with the change industry and improvements. Handles payroll and invoicing perfectly and easy to use.

Cons - Sometimes have to wait a bit if questions need answered, never more than an hour or so.

Ralpheal M.

AMAZING PROGRAM!

Reviewed on 2016/11/14
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Beautiful interface, easy to use, and wonderful customer service assistance!

Jeanne C.

Easy to use software & simplifies communication

Reviewed on 2016/05/25

Pros

User friendly software and simplifies scheduling and communication. In the past scheduling, payroll, and billing took us the beginning part of the week to complete. Now we are able to complete them in just a couple of hours.

June B.

Love It!

Reviewed on 2016/06/10

I have used HomeTrak for many years, through two companies and recommend it to others all the time. The cost is minimal for the product and service that I receive.
I really wish other software companies would stop calling/emailing me....I am totally satisfied with HOMETRAK!!!

Emmanuel U.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Very comprehensive. There might be unneeded materials.

Reviewed on 2014/09/04
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I like the telephony system. It's very comprehensive, detailed, and user-friendly.

Cons

It lacks a JPS system, as well as caregiver phone numbers and other forms.

Lewis M.

Great software. Great company. Great service.

Reviewed on 2016/05/25

The software is the most comprehensive software in the home care industry and I would recommend the software and the company to anyone who asks. It is easy to use and incorporates the latest in technology. I only hope they come up with a customer portal soon.

Carol H.

HomeTrak listens to customers, accepts new ideas & is great when there's a problem.

Reviewed on 2016/05/10

Our company has used HomeTrak from the very beginning of adding our home care component. Staff wasn't keen on learning what it could offer and during that time, the learning curve was fairly steep. These days we wouldn't consider using anything else.

Michelle B.

Great Software for Home Care!

Reviewed on 2016/06/03

So many great features! Support is wonderful. The trainers are excellent.