BrightHR Reviews

BrightHR

HR software and guidance for SMEs

4.6/5 (41 reviews)
Aaron O.

Great System

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

It has helped streamline or holiday system as it has often been troublesome trying to organise them around each other when you've to keep a minimum number of staff

Pros

It keeps all of the information in an easy to use space and helps reduce the amount of paper needed for records. The leave request system is great and being able to notify staff when you've uploaded documents removes the hassle of ensuring everyone receives the information.

Cons

The rota system is a little clunky. It would be great if you could copy a previous published rota or have some way to save the shift times so as you don't have to enter the start and finish time for each staff member on every day. You should also be able to change staff between fixed and variable shifts.

Victoria D.

Great support

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

It's HR all in one place - great for employees, rota and payrol

Cons

If you don't wish to subscribe any longer your a bit lost with all your data.

Stuart N.

Email Support can be slow/poor

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

I've asked twice for help with Bank Holiday and leave carry over concerns and response was slow in the first case and no reply to date for the second ?
Software is easy to learn as both an administrator and user, support issues leave room for improvement.

Pros

Ease of booking holidays and other absences.

Cons

Will not automatically add in Bank Holidays or carry over unused leave to next year.

7.0/10

Excellent product and customer service

Reviewed on 2019/03/09

No requirement for physical calendar which is prone to errors, staff can access planner anytime and anywhere, approvals for annual leave are straight forward and managed more effectively

Pros

Very easy to use, straight forward setup, very quick to answer queries, customer support has been excellent so far - definitely the way forward to outsource HR for small businesses!

Cons

Some areas needed a bit more explanation and guidance on how best to use

Joanne L.

Move from HR Online

Reviewed on 2019/07/04

We have requested to cancel our contract and go back to HR online which we felt was a much better platform for our needs.

Pros

Nothing.
There is nothig that me or any of my 75 employees like about this app

Cons

Everything - there is much less functionalitiy than we had with HR Online and this is supposed to be an 'upgrade'
• User interface is complicated and too many clicks needed.
• TOIL must be logged by Managers and not employees.
• Approval notifications can only be ‘all’ or ‘no one’.
• The notes section is not as detailed & does not retain historical information.
• The Managers cant see the notes.
• The salary section does not retain historical information.
• The roster is time-consuming and cumbersome.
• The reports are not as concise as they were and we have less options.
• Leave requests do not seem to take account of the weekends or public holidays as they did on HR Online.
• The app is not downloadable on ALL android phones.

0.0/10
Gemma B.

Very Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Very smooth. From start to finish it was very easy to use, with great assistance!

Pros

It is very easy to use, I was able to set it up with ease. Any questions that I had and was unable to find answers to my account manager was very helpful and had answers for all my queries.

Cons

There are a few things which would be great to be included, for example blocking certain periods of holiday out (ie our peak trading times).

David T.

New Customer

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

The software is very simple to set up & use whilst still offering great in depth time & attendance & HR options.

Cons

I would like to see more cross over features where lateness/sickness etc can be identified on a rota & be recognised by the HR system with one feeding into the other. I'm informed this is all in hand & will be an update.

Debbie D.

The new system is fine, but is lacking some functionality

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2017/08/30

Pros

It looks good, our staff have had a look at it and find it more user friendly. The support I've received so far has been very quick and proactive.

Cons

The calendar view is not helpful - the old version in HROnline let you easily see at a glance who was away at the same time, Bright HR doesn't do this, I have to click on each individual date to see who is away, which is time consuming and I'm going to have to keep the information in a separate calendar. There is some functionality missing, the lieu bank, meaning that as a business we can't actually start using the system yet. I also can't see anywhere to carry holiday across from one year to the next, which is something we allow, so I would like to see/know if this is possible.

This makes HR a breeze!

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Pros

Asking for time off and coordinating the team's holiday schedules has never been easier. I like how simple it makes it for me to ask for time off and to choose which dates will be my holiday time off.

Cons

I don't like how sometimes there are a couple of minor glitches in the calendar when trying to go back a page.

Dan A.

Welcome call

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Pros

Customer support was very friendly and talked me through everything I needed to know. Use of the site is really easy and accessible which is what I need for my teams.

Cons

Too early to tell so far, but I really cannot see any cons to the software. It’s quick and simple and allows me to focus on what I need to do.

Dan G.

Great piece of kit

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

Easy to use which allows us to focus on other aspects of work and allows employees to book holidays via the app which they find really useful.

Cons

Some say its limited in its features, but I find it suits my needs and we're kept up to date from the sales/service team at bright of the up and coming features.

Richard B.

Bright HR

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Bright HR has brought a whole new professional image to our company and as we have grown this is exactly what we needed.

Pros

So easy for my members of staff to book their holidays and see all of their HR files in one place.

Cons

no real cons as is 100 times better then our previous system.

Keeps all your HR info in one place

Reviewed on 2018/12/29

Pros

I love the request holidays function, that you can store files such as employment contracts on Bright HR and that you can view the calendar for your whole company/department - all this is one place!

Cons

This nothing I don't like about this software!

Anne B.

Time Saving

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Easy to use.
I can add/change information whenever required.
It is so easy to access I can supply anyone with the information the need almost immediately.

Pros

All of the information is in one place and it is easy to access.

Cons

Nothing it is excellent software and I would highly recommend it.

Rachel O.

Really easy to use system

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

Pros

Everything is so intuitive and easy to navigate around. I love the idea of moving to a paperless system for my employees.

Customer support is excellent - very helpful and approachable.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I dislike.

Jen B.

BrightHR review

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Very knowledgable team at Peninsula, system is easy once I got used to it.

Pros

Everything is in one place, a good reference library, and gives us confidence that we are compliant with current legislation and receive information regarding any changes.

Cons

There has been a huge amount of work to complete initially but when completed will ensure compliance. Loads of information, lots of consultation with our team which has been time consuming in an already busy environment, but as I complete each section I can clearly see the reason for each policy and the benefits of having them in place.

Karen B.

FT review of Bright HR

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

We currently use excel spreadsheets to record everything. Just messy. This will improve systems and save time.

Pros

Ease of use, everything in one place. Backed up to the cloud.

Cons

I have not found any cons. we are very happy with the software

Jeanette W.

BrightHR Review

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

So far so good, not had any issues to overcome, everything has been A ok

Pros

Very easy to navigate, and personalize.
Support center are also very helpful.
Thumbs up all the way

Cons

Nothing so far, everything has been fine

Geraldine F.

Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Community Addiction Team

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

My experience so far has Been positive. The setting up was very straight forward

Pros

So user friendly ease in navigating through the system.

Cons

Nothing so far the support i received in setting it up was excellent

Marion C.

Regale

Reviewed on 2019/02/08

Have just signed-up this week so too early to fully review but looks very good so far

Pros

Looks easy to use. Appears good value for money.

Cons

Nothing so far. We are a new customer.

Chris L.

It is fine but limited

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

Pros

It is cloud based and has a mobile app

Cons

Your receipts don't have your VAT number on - how hard can it be?
I want to be able to export all data so that I can see what fields are missing for which employees

Dominic W.

Initial review

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

Good

Pros

The ease of use once I had been taught how to use it

Cons

Nothing so far that I can see. It will take a while to get used to it

Stanley A.

BRIGHT HR

Reviewed on 2019/06/13

SIMPLIFIES OUR HR SYSTEM.

Pros

EASY TO USE, AND VERY EFFECTIVE TO OUR ORGANISATION.

Cons

CAN'T UPLOAD SHIFTS ON IT FOR STAFF TO BOOK.

Helen L.

User Friendly

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2019/03/12

I am now able to organise staff, records etc. in an easily accessible way. I have had some excellent advice from the HR department and I followed it to our advantage.

Pros

I really liked this system, which is easy to use, even for those less technical. The help staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. Its so pleasant to have someone take their time to explain both the benefits of the system and the assistance you can receive.

Cons

Perhaps its a little too large for my immediate needs, but I can see its future benefit.

Des H.

New User

Reviewed on 2019/05/30

Had considered alternative products but Bright HR was highly recommeded by an associate organisation. The experience thus far has been exceptional from the initial contact up to where we are now.

Pros

Ease of use, but more importantly the level of professionalism which which the product has been offered, implemented and supported.

Cons

Nothing to dislike as yet - will keep you informed