BrightHR

HR software and guidance for SMEs

4,7
Aaron O.
Industry: Education Management

Great System

Reviewed on 2019/02/01

It has helped streamline or holiday system as it has often been troublesome trying to organise them around each other when you've to keep a minimum number of staff

Pros

It keeps all of the information in an easy to use space and helps reduce the amount of paper needed for records. The leave request system is great and being able to notify staff when you've uploaded documents removes the hassle of ensuring everyone receives the information.

Cons

The rota system is a little clunky. It would be great if you could copy a previous published rota or have some way to save the shift times so as you don't have to enter the start and finish time for each staff member on every day. You should also be able to change staff between fixed and variable shifts.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for your review! We're always looking at how we can improve what we do so keep an eye out for updates to the rota.

Jenny F.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Review after help given.

Reviewed on 2020/07/06

Great, clear, help when needed, the team have all set themselves up without any dramas and now using daily. Also really handy with the absent request which comes through on my email. Just a lot smoother running.

Pros

The easiness of setting it up and that I can monitor all of the teams clocking in and out. This has helped immensely in making sure we are all on time and what happens when there is an over run.

Cons

Getting used to it, Ive signed up to the seminars as I don't feel like I am using it to its full potential.
In the first form, I could not find our "industry" and have clicked the top one. We work in Arboriculture (trees).

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for your review. Great to hear this is something you're now using daily within your business!

Joanne L.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Move from HR Online

Reviewed on 2019/07/04

We have requested to cancel our contract and go back to HR online which we felt was a much better platform for our needs.

Pros

Nothing.
There is nothig that me or any of my 75 employees like about this app

Cons

Everything - there is much less functionalitiy than we had with HR Online and this is supposed to be an 'upgrade'
• User interface is complicated and too many clicks needed.
• TOIL must be logged by Managers and not employees.
• Approval notifications can only be ‘all’ or ‘no one’.
• The notes section is not as detailed & does not retain historical information.
• The Managers cant see the notes.
• The salary section does not retain historical information.
• The roster is time-consuming and cumbersome.
• The reports are not as concise as they were and we have less options.
• Leave requests do not seem to take account of the weekends or public holidays as they did on HR Online.
• The app is not downloadable on ALL android phones.

Response from Bright HR

Sorry to hear this. We've contacted you directly to get this resolved.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Kevin B.
Industry: Cosmetics

Great Support

Reviewed on 2020/07/07

If your stuck on anything or unsure how to operate it, the Bright HR team are always on hand to take your call to support you. They are always happy to talk to you, it feels personal.

Pros

its very easy to use, and the dashboard helps you navigate through the platform

Cons

All the features are easy to use and keeps all holidays etc all in one place

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! Great to hear this wonderful feedback.

Courtney S.
Industry: Plastics

Getting Started with the System

Reviewed on 2020/03/23

So far we have just set up the system and are to see how it goes but we already would say our experience has been easy and run very smoothly. We have had the support in setting up over 100 workers and also some great training and support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in how the system works etc.

Pros

What we like most about this system since using it is how easy it is to use. It puts everything we need in one place and helps us track a lot easier.

Cons

Nothing at the minute as we have only just set up.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for your review! Lovely to hear what a great start you've had with the BrightHR software.

Roz C.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Abertay Housing Association

Reviewed on 2020/04/03

It is a little too early to say but I am hoping that the reporting system will be most useful. The rota system will also assist with one of our Managers who has to juggle staff members with locations.

Pros

Ease of use for staff, mobile app is so helpful and the ease with which information can be updated.

Cons

There are features which I had with HR Online which don't appear on Bright HR which were extremely useful. I understand that they are being considered moving forward and therefore if they are introduced the system will be second to none.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for your feedback! We're always working on improving what we do.

Michelle S.
Industry: Hospitality

BrightHR and Blip

Reviewed on 2020/07/06

BrightHR relieved the headache i had in contacting all the staff with the same message. Being able to issue one message to all or even select employees makes life easier.

Pros

The software is extremely easy to use and the added feature of drag and drop makes creating rotas much easier.

Cons

The fact there are a few bugs when using on an IOS device, but this is something that is being worked on and I'm confident it will be fixed.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for your review! We're always working on improving the software so keep an eye out for an update in your app store that will fix this.

Deborah W.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Bright Hr

Reviewed on 2020/07/06

At times like covid 19 all the support is at hand and is registed and easy to find

Pros

Very easy to use and excellant support service

Cons

there is nothing i didnt like about the software

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for the great review! Lovely to hear this feedback.

Stoyan K.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Feedback

Reviewed on 2020/07/10

Really simple and straight forward. I am satisfied with the level of training received today.

Pros

The employee section is really useful as well as uploading documents.

Cons

I need to use it a little bit to notice some cons.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Great to hear your feedback!

Dan G.
Industry: Legal Services

Great piece of kit

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

Easy to use which allows us to focus on other aspects of work and allows employees to book holidays via the app which they find really useful.

Cons

Some say its limited in its features, but I find it suits my needs and we're kept up to date from the sales/service team at bright of the up and coming features.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your 5* review! Great to hear your positive feedback.

Stuart S.
Industry: Automotive

Modern, user-friendly HR management software

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/11/10

As an employee using BrightHR, it has been a positive experience. I can't speak to the admin features, but my manager appears to be able to do everything he needs to without escalating further, and the user-side is well-designed and lays out key information simply. Everything works that way you think it should and it stores a range of useful data.

Pros

Clean, mostly well-laid out web interface makes most operations simple. A range of useful information including holiday allocation/remaining, details of your time at the company, a calendar of holidays and absences in your team.
All functions can also be carried out using the mobile app which works without problems.

Cons

No major complaints. As a user I have been able to find all information and features that I have needed to manage my HR account (mostly annual leave-related).

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! Glad to hear you like the app too, let us know if you need any support in the future.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Rachel H.
Industry: Cosmetics

Induction call

Reviewed on 2019/08/12

Friendly, efficient service. Ideal for start up companies

Pros

Ease of booking online
User friendly
Not too much information to overload and navigating is really easy
Training Manager is really helpful and patient

Cons

Would like to merge the payroll with our current supplier so all in once domain

Response from Bright HR

This is fantastic feedback. We're always working on new features so keep your eye's peeled for updates.

Victoria D.
Industry: Translation & Localization

Great support

Reviewed on 2018/08/15

Pros

It's HR all in one place - great for employees, rota and payrol

Cons

If you don't wish to subscribe any longer your a bit lost with all your data.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we do have a whole host of reports available to export your data. If you need any support with these just get in touch.

Stuart N.
Industry: Medical Devices

Email Support can be slow/poor

Reviewed on 2019/03/15

I've asked twice for help with Bank Holiday and leave carry over concerns and response was slow in the first case and no reply to date for the second ?
Software is easy to learn as both an administrator and user, support issues leave room for improvement.

Pros

Ease of booking holidays and other absences.

Cons

Will not automatically add in Bank Holidays or carry over unused leave to next year.

Response from Bright HR

Sorry to hear about this issue, we're currently reviewing this internally so that we can improve what we do.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Excellent product and customer service

Reviewed on 2019/03/09

No requirement for physical calendar which is prone to errors, staff can access planner anytime and anywhere, approvals for annual leave are straight forward and managed more effectively

Pros

Very easy to use, straight forward setup, very quick to answer queries, customer support has been excellent so far - definitely the way forward to outsource HR for small businesses!

Cons

Some areas needed a bit more explanation and guidance on how best to use

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your review! If you need any more support in the future just get in touch.

Gemma B.
Industry: Retail

Very Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/06/11

Very smooth. From start to finish it was very easy to use, with great assistance!

Pros

It is very easy to use, I was able to set it up with ease. Any questions that I had and was unable to find answers to my account manager was very helpful and had answers for all my queries.

Cons

There are a few things which would be great to be included, for example blocking certain periods of holiday out (ie our peak trading times).

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your 5* review.

David T.
Industry: Hospitality

New Customer

Reviewed on 2019/02/05

Pros

The software is very simple to set up & use whilst still offering great in depth time & attendance & HR options.

Cons

I would like to see more cross over features where lateness/sickness etc can be identified on a rota & be recognised by the HR system with one feeding into the other. I'm informed this is all in hand & will be an update.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for taking the time to post your 5* review!

Richard B.
Industry: Civil Engineering

Bright HR

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Bright HR has brought a whole new professional image to our company and as we have grown this is exactly what we needed.

Pros

So easy for my members of staff to book their holidays and see all of their HR files in one place.

Cons

no real cons as is 100 times better then our previous system.

Response from Bright HR

This is brilliant to hear! We're glad you're enjoying to software, just let us know if you need any support in the future.

Debbie D.

The new system is fine, but is lacking some functionality

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2017/08/30

Pros

It looks good, our staff have had a look at it and find it more user friendly. The support I've received so far has been very quick and proactive.

Cons

The calendar view is not helpful - the old version in HROnline let you easily see at a glance who was away at the same time, Bright HR doesn't do this, I have to click on each individual date to see who is away, which is time consuming and I'm going to have to keep the information in a separate calendar. There is some functionality missing, the lieu bank, meaning that as a business we can't actually start using the system yet. I also can't see anywhere to carry holiday across from one year to the next, which is something we allow, so I would like to see/know if this is possible.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for your review, we've now added some of these features, just get in touch with us at [email protected] to find out more.

Company size: Self Employed

This makes HR a breeze!

Reviewed on 2018/09/10

Pros

Asking for time off and coordinating the team's holiday schedules has never been easier. I like how simple it makes it for me to ask for time off and to choose which dates will be my holiday time off.

Cons

I don't like how sometimes there are a couple of minor glitches in the calendar when trying to go back a page.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for this fantastic feedback! If you do run into any issues just get in touch with us, we're happy to help get these resolved.

Dan A.
Industry: Retail

Welcome call

Reviewed on 2019/01/30

Pros

Customer support was very friendly and talked me through everything I needed to know. Use of the site is really easy and accessible which is what I need for my teams.

Cons

Too early to tell so far, but I really cannot see any cons to the software. It’s quick and simple and allows me to focus on what I need to do.

Response from Bright HR

This is wonderful to hear! Thank you for taking the time to post your 5* review.

Anne B.
Industry: Government Administration

Time Saving

Reviewed on 2019/03/08

Easy to use.
I can add/change information whenever required.
It is so easy to access I can supply anyone with the information the need almost immediately.

Pros

All of the information is in one place and it is easy to access.

Cons

Nothing it is excellent software and I would highly recommend it.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for this fantastic feedback! Great to hear how much you're enjoying the software.

Jen B.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

BrightHR review

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Very knowledgable team at Peninsula, system is easy once I got used to it.

Pros

Everything is in one place, a good reference library, and gives us confidence that we are compliant with current legislation and receive information regarding any changes.

Cons

There has been a huge amount of work to complete initially but when completed will ensure compliance. Loads of information, lots of consultation with our team which has been time consuming in an already busy environment, but as I complete each section I can clearly see the reason for each policy and the benefits of having them in place.

Response from Bright HR

Thank you for your feedback! If you do need any help during the setup just get in touch with the team.

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Keeps all your HR info in one place

Reviewed on 2018/12/29

Pros

I love the request holidays function, that you can store files such as employment contracts on Bright HR and that you can view the calendar for your whole company/department - all this is one place!

Cons

This nothing I don't like about this software!

Response from Bright HR

Fantastic! Thank you for this wonderful feedback, just get in touch if you need any support in the future.

Geraldine F.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

Dun Laoghaire Rathdown Community Addiction Team

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

My experience so far has Been positive. The setting up was very straight forward

Pros

So user friendly ease in navigating through the system.

Cons

Nothing so far the support i received in setting it up was excellent

Response from Bright HR

Great to hear you're finding the software useful! Just let us know if you need any more support in the future.