Showing 190 reviews of 175

Phillip S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

A Highly Polished Project Management Tool

Reviewed on 2016/05/25

Team Gantt scores very highly in all areas from me. As the head of a software team I schedule our quarterly delivery plans. Being centralised online I can convey where we are in the plan to anyone, anywhere. As a software engineers ourselves we really appreciate the skill that has gone in to making the app look and perform so well.

Before we were using MS Project. That was expensive and so overcomplicated. I would recommend all MS Project users that use MS Project in a light to medium capacity to change horses.

Pros

Very easy to use
Very friendly sophisticated look to it makes it a joy to use
Love the way you can put projects next to one another to quickly see resource and timeline clashes
It has great integrated one-to-one chat with TeamGantt support who have answered my few questions promptly and professionally

Cons

I have a use case whereby I may have a long list of tasks to add to my Ganttt chart, drawn from a software development package into excel. It would be great if I could bulk insert tasks. I know I can do this by creating a new temporary project, bulk importing on project create and then dragging them from that project into my project. It is a reasonable workaround but if I could do it directly it would be a cherry atop a very fine cake.

Alex A.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Really great option

Reviewed on 2021/02/15

I really liked it, and if I'm ever looking for a project management system again, I'll heavily consider it. A really good app for a reasonable price.

Pros

My brain processes projects like a Gantt chart, so that was a huge reason for using this. It really helps to visually map multiple projects over longer periods of time, and easily demonstrates capacity for the individual and org. We switched to a new product as the team evolved, but TeamGantt added some nice new features that perhaps would have swayed us back (kanban was a nice addition). I really liked how visual this tool was, but it was also easy to switch to different views. Felt like a growing company that was only going to get better.

Cons

Support wasn't ideal, but wasn't bad either. They're reasonably speedy responding to chat. We never utilized any on-boarding services they offered, probably should have. Our team changed and grew and ultimately moved on to another service, but this was still a really great tool. I'm only writing this since we ran into so many other lemons looking for a different system, and came really close to coming right back. One thing (which might have improved); it would have been nicer for more customized timeline exports. Often our projects were so large that the exports weren't effective to print (which clients preferred). Maybe there was a third step we should have implemented too (you can also export to excel)

Amy P.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Project Management System for Teams Tracking Many Projects

Reviewed on 2020/09/08

As a small consulting business, we've been able to streamline all our project tasks, allocations of staff time, and overall project timelines using this system so that we can see it all in a glance. We're easily able to decide who has free time for emerging projects, plan ahead for busy weeks, adjust schedules, and keep all our communications organized within the software platform. With all our work being virtual, this is extremely helpful for our staff, as well as our clients, to stay on track and share progress. Although it's more than we'd hoped to pay, it's been beneficial because it has all the features we need and we are all excited to actually USE it.

Pros

My team is relatively small, so we work on multiple projects at any given time. It has been difficult to find a project management system within our budget that allows for users to see timelines and task lists for multiple projects together on either a gantt chart or task list. This allows for both! And it also allows us to assign multiple people to any task, which is beneficial for a nimble company like ours. The software allows for all other things that comparable gantt-focused PM software offers (dependencies, document uploads, etc.) but those two features made us decide to switch to TeamGantt. In addition to the features, we really like the layout and easy user navigation. It took no time at all for us to learn. So far, we have been extremely happy with the software.

Cons

The cost of the software is a bit high, but it is comparable with things like Monday or Smartsheet. We were using Avaza before, which had many of the features of TeamGantt, but was less user friendly and visually appealing. For three times the cost of Avaza, we get what we want with project management, but we don't get time-tracking (an additional cost) or accounting basics (invoicing, etc.) That is the only downside, that we'll have to use additional software for those things. Many other orgs might already be using Quickbooks or some other accounting software, so that might not be a big deal. The other challenge was importing our project management data from another system to TeamGantt. It didn't recognize all the same categories so we had to input some stuff manually. Finally, their mobile app is basically useless. There's no gantt chart and you can't update anything. It's basically a way to check your to-do list when you're not at your computer.

Ross M.
  • Industry: Media Production

Simple Yet Powerful

Reviewed on 2018/12/09

We used TeamGannt to manage our 18-month web development project, and it served all of our needs very well. I would recommend this to any team that's looking to try out gannt-style management, as it's approachable and easy to learn, but will also support all of tasks and complex dependancies.

Pros

At first, TeamGannt seems like a simplistic Gannt system because it's very easy to pick up and start using right away. Once you start setting up your projects, you find that it has highly advanced features and can scale heavily to meet larger requirement sets. Since it lives in the cloud, sharing and collaborating is straight-forward and superior to the bulky, constricted predecessor, Microsoft Project. Simple features like dependancies are handled elegantly, and advanced features like saving off benchmarks (prior states of the chart) for future comparisons are handled just as elegantly.

Cons

There are small issues with usability, which feel largely rooted in the fact that the system runs in a web browser. When adding tasks, you can hit some keys that cause indentions or next-lines when you don't intend to. Sometimes the views will lag slightly behind your changes, and you will need to refresh or jog that view to the right or left to see the changes show up accurately.

Frank P.

Gantt Charts You Can Use and Edit in Real Time

Reviewed on 2016/05/24

I look at, try, and use lots of systems to manage projects. Both in terms of meeting deadlines and adhering to budgets. Even when they're working well, Gantt charts can be complicated to deal with. TeamGantt handles them as well as, if not better, than another other application I've used.

Pros

TeamGantt makes it easy to scope out and plan a project, and then to work to that plan. You can rough in each project step as text, then draw in bars on a horizontal calendar, and then punch in estimates for how many hours or days each step will take. You can assign tasks to team members. At any time in the project, it's easy to see at a glance where the project stands.

Cons

In the interest of constructive criticism only, there are some visible 'growing pains' in the TeamGantt UI. The positives far outweigh the negatives, though, and TeamGantt offers great value for the price. Give it a try yourself.

Steve H.

Awesome bit of kit!

Reviewed on 2016/05/24

I started using Teamgantt because I wanted to Gantt chart or a project I was running out of Basecamp. What I found was something that now replaces my need for basecamp and is my Go-To tool for all my projects.

I even use it to track personal and business goals. I love Teamgannt

Pros

Fully featured, highly intuitive team and individual project management tool.
Close to Zero learning curve for the average team member.

Cons

The cons are simply that you will be lost without it once you get to use it and once you experience how easy it is to use, if for some reason you have to use another project management tool, you will constantly wish you could move that project to Teamgantt.

Muhammad A.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

TeamGantt's online Gantt chart solution to managing the progress of projects

Reviewed on 2019/06/18

I found the software to be quite useful. It definitely served my purposes and, aside from the minor user interface challenges, i had a positive overall experience with it and would definitely recommend its use to other project managers.

Pros

I used Team Gantt to create a Gantt chart in order to manage an 18 month project and the following are aspects that i liked the most:
-It is an online software which saves your schedule to the cloud which makes it conveniently accessible from any location/device with internet connectivity.
-It is a simple to use and quick system: users only need to populate the tasks and sub-tasks of their project, including each task's period and deadline, and the software generates the Gantt chart in real time. With the task information already determined, it took me less than 30 minutes to complete the Gantt chart for my entire project.
-Changes to the duration or deadlines for each task can be changed by simply dragging and extending the timeline bar for each task.
-The color of the timeline bars of each task can be individually changed which can be used, for example, to differentiate critical tasks from standard tasks etc.
-The progress of each task can be updated, which is shown as a % completed and visually shown as a darker colored timeline bar on the Gantt chart diagram
-All updates to the Gantt chart are shared with all members in real time.
-The Gantt charts can also be exported and downloaded in PDF format which is convenient for inclusion in reports.

Cons

The first project is free (which includes 3 users and 5 resources) but it has limited capabilities so you would really need to pay the subscription in order to fully utilize this software.
The user interface could still use some tweaking: although the building of the Gantt chart is straight forward enough, looking for specifics options under the drop down menus can become daunting as the option menus are not grouped or laid out in a standard/user friendly format.

Ashante C.

Project Management is necessary so you need the right tool

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Pros

to all of those who use the MS Office tools, I do to, but please hear me when I say this: the gantt charts are amazing and can be shared, edited and organized by as many collaborators as a customer desires. This tool has been designed with an incredible attention to detail and is extremely intuitive to use. I love that I can easily see projects from a high level perspective, or click again to dive down into the weeds of a specific task. I love that my team and I can easily upload files related to a task, or even start chats pertaining to a project or task. Another favorite feature is that just about every dashboard within this tool can be displayed in multiple ways. This is great for teams because everyone has different preferences when it comes to how information is viewed and best understood.

Cons

Hmm... this is a tough one. It is kind of pricey, but it is definitely cutting edge. Also, it does not track if a PM or Manager is on too many overlapping projects.

Tabitha T.
  • Industry: Music

Team is Organization 101

Reviewed on 2016/12/06

Team gantt is a perfect tool to keep your projects on a perfect timeline! You can set the due date for the project and work your way backwards so you never miss a step

Pros

You'll never miss a deadline

Cons

It can be overwhelming at furar

Thomas G.

TeamGantt to the Rescue!

Reviewed on 2016/05/24

I've used several ineffective tools for project management, so I'm really happy to have found TeamGantt. I manage three global projects directly, and oversee about eight others at any one time. I couldn't be more pleased with this application.

Pros

TeamGantt supports work-task breakdown, task assignment, intra-team communication as well as reporting to stakeholders. It is easy to use, easy to share, and constantly evolving for the better. Managing access is very simple. I can change one aspect of a task with a click or I can open a single page and find all task entry on that one page. I can display my workers at the foot of the page and see availability of each at a glance; making assignment easier. I get daily updates on every project, when teammates leave notes on a task, I have immediate notification (I can read the note).

Cons

All I can think of is that the application doesn't do my job for me :>)

James S.

TeamGantt is fantastic!!

Reviewed on 2016/05/24

The company I work for uses TeamGantt to help schedule our production departments for each upcoming project, where we are contracted to begin work. We have 8 individual production crews and using TeamGantt helps keep our workflow in realtime, daily. Once updated, we know where our crews are, how much they have completed and how many more days it will take to finish the project. TeamGantt is a great way to keep everything organized efficiently.

Pros

Easy of use, fluid constructs, helpful training videos.

Cons

I have not found any cons as of yet.

Tony M.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Easy to get started, good alternative to MS Project

Reviewed on 2017/01/05

We have been using TeamGantt for about a year now and it has helped us organize and keep track of our initiatives. This web product is easy to use and quick to implement. They continue to enhance existing functionality to improve the offering. The Administrator role is simple and adding users is quick. Great value for the money!

Pros

Easy to use, Quick to implement, no training necessary for most functions.

Cons

The printing of reports could be a little easier with options on what to include or not include.

Dean R.

It works if you like your tasks presented in Gantt chart form.

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

Good task management tool for a single team.

Pros

Versatile, inexpensive, good visualization of workload inside the project.
Resource management of employees is a plus.
Summary of time required for each project next to chart is a plus.

Cons

When you have several projects with a lot of tasks it becomes hard to navigate.
Collapsable menus sometimes make me miss a task because it's not displayed on the chart when it's collapsed.

Hudson H.

The Best PM Tool I have ever used.

Reviewed on 2016/05/24

Team GANTT has literally changed the way we do business. It has allowed us to organize vastly complex projects, condense communication, cut email, and version track working documents. Every client I show it to has bought a subscription!

Pros

Easy to use, great videos and customer service is amazing.

Cons

Need more colors, ipad app and ability to next projects.

Tom D.

Took a while to get used to but now has become integral to our business.

Reviewed on 2018/02/25

The platform and functionality gave us more visibility to projects and a healthier project management process.

Pros

The functionality is great, it exactly what we've been looking for to manage our workload day to day and longterm.

Cons

The system as a whole seems a bit slow. Changing from screen to screen seems a bit jolted. I also think there are areas that could be a bit more intuitive.

Not a fan, too difficult to use

Reviewed on 2018/04/19

Pros

The software is pretty advanced, and so I think it would be best for very complicated projects. My projects are fairly straightforward, and I should have gone with something simpler.

Cons

It was really hard to figure out how to enter the project correctly, which led me to doubt the changes it made when I would change an elements completion date (which is the whole point of the software). So, it didn't really work that well for me. To be fair, I didn't really have the luxury of time to figure out exactly how to use it and its capabilities, so someone more patient may have a lot more luck. It seems to offer a plethora of options/functions to handle complicated projects.

Annie H.

TeamGantt has revolutionized our Communication Arts Dept!

Reviewed on 2015/09/22

We use TeamGantt, day in and day out and totally LOVE it. It has completely changed the way our department works and functions. We LOVE being able to see what jobs are current and where they are in the process, as well as having the history to look back on. The different ministries submit forms based on the work or project they need completed. Then our department admin puts all the information from those forms into TG and assigns them to the proper people within CAD. We use this internally within the department and we totally depend on it! We love TeamGantt and highly recommend it!

Victor C.

Easy to use, from start; selected after over a month of search among several dozens of project...

Reviewed on 2015/09/14

Key features which attract us:
- most of editing are "on the face" of the screen, not through pull down menus etc.
- almost perfect balance between functionality and simplicity: not overloaded, yet key things are there (this was one of the critical points for us!)
- very good visual interface: easy to digest info on the screen, not tiring like many other apps

A thing which needs a fix: sometimes during editing a task it may become uneditable (not possible to insert a task bar in the Gantt) , until the page is reloaded.

Overall: highly satisfied

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Great for Free Gantt Charts!

Reviewed on 2018/09/19

I was able to use this product to help stay on track with a project.

Pros

Easy to create with robust options to create a detailed Gantt chart.

Cons

Only downside is you can only have one project with the free trail.

Shubham S.
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

TeamGantt review

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

Pros

We can easily monitor our progress by putting percentage chart.
Easily view the schedule

Cons

Unable to add many dependencies.
Difficult to move around.

David K.

Great for collaboration, regular new features

Reviewed on 2016/05/31

We use TeamGantt to coordinate events being run by a team of five in five different locations in the UK. TG gives us the usual features of gantt charts but with helpful extras such as a daily email digest of outstanding tasks, a comments feature to easily update one another on progress/questions.

TG customer service has been excellent throughout. Their team is responsive, listens to users, offers user seminars and requently offers new features on the software.

Jens M.

Giving a great overview of task

Reviewed on 2015/09/14

I have been testing more than 10 task management online services and this is the only task management system, where it was possible to have a Gantt chart overview and a list overview.
It gives me a great overview of my daily task and planning projects which are lasting for months.
It also seems that they are very open for new ideas and suggestions to the system.
The price is also very fair. Just give it a try :)

Lemmie S.
  • Industry: Sports

Catherine C.

This is a fantastic tool. Simple and intuitive to use. A great way to keep in touch with the...

Reviewed on 2015/10/06

Team Gantt is the perfect tool for controlling small projects. I provides basic functionality which allows team members to monitor and communicate progress very easily.

It does lack any means of tracking costs but then I'm not sure I've met many project managers who would claim to utilise the full functionality of some of the more established project tools. Certainly not on smaller projects.

Lindy P.

Beautiful way to handle complex projects

Reviewed on 2015/09/16

I love this product! It functions smoothly (99% of the time), handles complex tasks elegantly and simply, and the interface is really beautiful. As a creative director, who's more often than not also project managing the work, I really appreciate this thoughtful integration of function and form.