4,4
4,5
Sara B.

It's Okay

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

I am striving to keep my payment processing costs as low as possible. As such, I've stuck with Plooto and have tried to have as many clients as possible do ACH processing. However, more and more clients are requesting to use credit cards, and many are okay with paying a surcharge for processing fees. Plooto does not accept credit card payments, and I would prefer to have a one stop shop for payment processing. I was happier when it was a flat $1 fee per ACH, I'm now paying much more per transaction due to the flat $25 per month fee and the small amount of clients I have who are still willing to do ACH payments.

Pros

If you're looking for automatic draws, it works well. Syncs with both QBO and Xero.

Cons

If your client doesn't have all of the funds in their account, you won't be notified. Plooto will draw what it can and you'll have to log in to look to see who failed to pay in full. Pricing is okay. You're essentially charged $2.50 for ACH. If you're using QBO, you may as well just use their ACH payment processing as it's cheaper.

If you're using Plooto to pay a client (a refund, for example) it isn't automatic. You have to set them up again, and they'll have to guess a password to accept the funds you're transferring to them. It's bizarre that you can take money from them, but can't send it to them.

Tatiana G.

Excellent software overall

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Plooto allows easy and painless payments for businesses with a high volume of bills at a reasonable cost. It's pretty user friendly, although there are some advanced user tips which are hard to learn about.

Pros

We set up all our high volume AP clients on Plooto for ease of payment, self reconciliation with QBO and ease of troubleshooting. We queue up the invoices and they get send to the account owner for approval. Then Plooto marks the bills as paid.

Cons

I wish there was an approval process ahead of time, not only at time of payment. You will also need to do a manual entry to apply any CRA payments as Plooto will not know how to apply it for you - I wish there was a tool that could map the CRA payment to the right balance sheet account when you pay. If a payment is rejected or not accepted, Plooto does not notify you - it takes some monitoring and troubleshooting to find payments that were not accepted. There should be an email advising the user. The training is minimal, but should include tips on how to pull and export the bank data for analysis, I only learned of it from support which is a waste of Plooto's resources.

Chris E.

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

The accounts payable functionality and clear audit trail have been fantastic. It is a useful software for our firm and our clients have definitely benefited from the implementation. I definitely recommend Plooto to anyone that would benefit from it.
I think there are some flaws with the software regarding international wire transfers as well as with the tier set up that need to be sorted out. We have had to manage some issues with clients as a result of these flaws. Overall, I have been extremely satisfied with the software/cost and I am confident that it will continue to improve.

Pros

Integration was smooth and easy to use. It has saved time, organized files with a clear audit trail, eliminated a number of potential mistakes which can happen through manual entries.

Cons

Approval tier set up is very poor. Having a global tier and specific bank tier are great, but there should be clearer instructions that setting up a tier on a specific bank will supersede and eliminate a global tier. When the amounts on the tiers are completely different one should not impact the other. Eg - Bank tier - 0-1,000 requires X approvers and Global Tier 1,000.01 - unlimited requires Z approvers. The global tier should not be ignored since the amounts are completely different.

Judah K.
Company size: Self Employed

It's alright, the integration with Xero is a bit iffy.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/12/08

It's alright. Not great. Not bad. Nothing to write home about.

Pros

It's affordability and versatility. The ability to have people on ACH subscriptions is a large plus

Cons

No option to accept credit cards. The rigidness of the PAD form and not allowing us access to the PAD form in the event that we want to move to a different platform. Not easy to add new vendors without adding an inconvenience to them.

Matthew C.

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

While not perfect, Plooto has been great for us to help clients manage their A/P at scale at fees that are lower than the banks charge.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use, integrates with our accounting system, and allows us to manage A/P for clients at scale without using cheques.

Cons

The 4-day turnaround time to settle payments is the biggest pain-point.

The new fixed-fee monthly pricing model is inconsistent with how users are actually transacting on the platform, the previous model was much easier to explain to clients.

Customer service is a bit slow and we've been charged incorrectly multiple times, which takes them several weeks to resolve for each one.

Sandy G.

My Review of Plooto

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

I am excited that it provides a secure way to establish multi approval payments. As a contract bookkeeper with many clients, I consider this to be an important issue.

Pros

I like that the software allows for the bookkeeper to set up all the vendor payments so all the client has to do is approve. I also like how user friendly it is for vendors who are getting paid for the first time. When I contact a vendor and tell them they have to create a login/membership for yet another software I can get some push back. But the vendors find it very easy to use and that makes my job easier and more efficient.
I like how it allows for ach payments without having to ask vendors to email me their sensitive financial information. They receive a link and can enter it themselves.

Cons

I don't like how long it takes when a customer wants to pay my clients with a credit card. I think it took more than 2 months to process into the bank so I've stopped using that function all together.

Colette H.
Industry: Music

Automates Payments - Saves us Time and Money

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

We have automated payments with Plooto and save money and time since we do not have to chase customers.

Pros

By setting recurring payments, I can manage a group of nearly 500 students with minimal administrative burden throughout the school year. If a student cancels or increases their payments, I can easily go in with a days' notice to change payments. Very user-friendly!

Cons

I wish the contact list could be sorted by last name (rather than just first name) or filtered in different ways to help us when reviewing a semester. It's not a big deal, but would make it more efficient.

Simon L.
Industry: Financial Services

Plooto and Le Chiffre Partnership

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

We like Plooto, we highly recommended to our clients.

Pros

User Friendly, we love that our clients can pay us directly from our Xero invoice. We also like the etransfer feature.

Cons

Sometimes the customer service is slow and the answers are vague

Charlie B.
Industry: Management Consulting

Good value until the pricing model was changed

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/12/08

We would have continued as a customer however the change in pricing model drove us to change

Pros

It was easy to use for the payer and payee

Cons

The company changed the pricing model without notice. It was no longer a good value

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Laura D.

Time Saver

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

I have had a great experience with Plooto, it is very easy to use and it is great you can set up bill approvals as this is a must with some clients.

Pros

I like how it has multi level bill approval and integrates with QBO which saves a lot of manual entry.

Cons

That you can’t use your credit card to pay for bills.

Ruth B.

We love it!

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

We are solving time consuming processes involving multiple emails for approvals and multiple logins to the bank to finalize transfers. We are simpifying the process and saving time on entries. Coupled with QBO and Receipt Bank it's a dream team.

Pros

I like how easy it is to add my clients for their approvals. I also like how we were able to circumvent the fob usage that was necessary before making managing AP for our clients very time consuming.

Cons

Mostly that I haven't had time to explore the other options as work loads haven't allowed for it. I want to learn more and need to set aside some time.

Marina B.

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Pros

I love everything. Especially CRA payments fro the source deductions and HST

Cons

N/A I like it all. everything is good in the software

Ariel P.
Industry: Accounting

Pricing model needs to go back to what it was

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

Pros

Easy to use, great concept, would recommend it if pricing made sense.

Cons

- Used to be very competitively priced, with the subscription model it is very hard to justify this expense to clients, especially since the use base is mostly small forward thinking companies who have very little vendor payments to make in the first place.
- Very limited customizability when a lot of customization could be offered at the basic level.
- It's never a good business practice to force people to use your product for lack of alternatives. Due to the horrible pricing model change, if there was an alternative, I would be using it.

Kristi O.

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

Pros

I like the integration with QBO and the overall platform is user friendly

Cons

I was a bit disappointed when they changed their pricing schedule and how it was handled but it is still worth the fees to use.

Lisa A.
Industry: Entertainment

Plooto Makes Us Work Easier

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

It's helped us keep our finances organized! Very happy with the implementation.

Pros

We love that it connects to QBO and that the set up is super simple and easy. We like that that it's also easy to navigate.

Cons

We've been finding some of the people we pay have difficulting getting their funds and taking the time to walk them through that process can be time-consuming.

Kevin U.
Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Prince's Trust Canada

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Really happy with the software and love using it

Pros

Easy to use and setup for users and the expanded features to pay internationally and in both CDN and USD currencies.

Cons

Reporting using the AP function could be easier - the batch of payments that are processed should be a standard report in both PDF and Excel

Adam S.
Industry: Environmental Services

Less Expensive then the stamps and envelops

It has been great

Pros

Low cost and efficient for remote approvers.

Cons

None. There were no features that caused us any issues.

Shelley B.
Industry: Human Resources

So easy I thought I'd missed something

Reviewed on 2020/12/28

We needed a way to pay vendors in multiple currencies in an inexpensive and timely manner. The bank charges (in Canada) was eating away at our profit margins.
The cost for Plooto was a no brainer at $25 per month, the bank charges per transaction was $80 USD.

Pros

The screens are so easy to follow, very logical and titled to what make sense to a small business owner - who is NOT an accountant.

Cons

When a transaction is going to take longer than 3 days, the system could give me a heads up.
Like e-transfers take 1 week - a pop up to ask; "Are you sure you want to use this method?"
Then make suggestions on what would be faster.

Jeff M.
Industry: Sports

Plooto makes paying bills easy

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Pros

Being able to have Muti user approvals and set approval tiers

Cons

Nothing, it's great. I haven't regretted anything about purchasing this product.

Kendra J.

Started strong

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Pros

Easy to use and offered multi-faceted approval process

Cons

Price increase made it 3x more expensive for my clients. Discontinued support for Texas users eliminated all use for my business and my clients.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Rebecca C.
Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Rest Assured that you will be Reimbursed

Reviewed on 2019/12/28

Submitting my reimbursements with Plooto feels safe and secure. There is no need for the user to download an app or create an account, which is really important to someone who already has way too many accounts to keep track of!

Pros

We use this for reimbursements. There's no need to download another app as we submit our receipts through email to a specific email address. I am always reimbursed in a timely manner without any issues.

Cons

I have no complaints when it comes to this program. The only feature suggestion would be to make it so that people who have submitted a receipt can see the submission's status.

Par S.
Industry: Construction

Plooto Reveiw

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

Pros

We only use the A/P module and it meets our needs.

Cons

I would like so a feature on how I can apply debit notes to outstanding A/P invoices. I don't see that feature.

James A.

A

Great

Pros

Love the integration for the software with our backbone accounting system.

Cons

Time to process payments takes a little long.

Russ P.
Industry: Environmental Services

A convenient way to fill the gap

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Does what I needed it too, customer service is amazing. Payout for Insta is too long, you already have my money payout should be well, INSTA

Pros

Ability to etransfer or EFT anyone with little set up.

Cons

Can not use cheque issue and delivery service in Canada

Daniel O.
Industry: Health, Wellness & Fitness

Plooto makes sending payments easy!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Pros

I love the ease of setup, the flexibility to be able to pay bills in a variety of ways without high cost or a complicated set-up wall.

Cons

Can't think of anything. Operation has always been smooth and I haven't experienced any issues.