Plooto

The fastest way to manage your business payments

Keri
Keri
  • Industry: Warehousing

Plooto as 3rd Party ACH Provider

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

My overall experience has been great. Customer service is timely and helpful. This software has saved me countless hours of which I don't have to spare!

Pros

The integration with Quickbooks Online is simple and makes my A/R seamless. I love that my clients set up an ACH agreement one time and moving forward I request and process my A/R with a click of a button. I can also select which account I want the deposit to go to. Data is easy to download for reconciliation purposes as well.

Cons

I would like to see a default bank account option so I don't have to select a bank account for each transaction. I would also love for the deposit times to improve.

Judah
  • Used for 2+ years

It's alright, the integration with Xero is a bit iffy.

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

It's alright. Not great. Not bad. Nothing to write home about.

It's alright. Not great. Not bad. Nothing to write home about.

Pros

It's affordability and versatility. The ability to have people on ACH subscriptions is a large plus

Cons

No option to accept credit cards. The rigidness of the PAD form and not allowing us access to the PAD form in the event that we want to move to a different platform. Not easy to add new vendors without adding an inconvenience to them.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to Plooto

The price compared to Stripe is nicer. The subscription with ACH through using a PAD form put Veem out of the running.
Chris
  • Industry: Wholesale

Honest

Reviewed on 2020/12/15

Was over all good except for the issues one the setup was a little cumbersome and the length of time to receive payment was way too long

Pros

The collection of data was seamless and the prompting and follow up on invoices was a good option

Cons

The length of time to process payment .This is excessively longer than other applications

Wave

Reasons for Choosing Plooto

Payment times were way longer than paypal

PayPal Commerce Platform

Reasons for Switching to Plooto

The platform seems to offer some nice options
Susan
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

A great alternative to accepting credit cards

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Pros

I saved a lot on Merchant fees for my monthly billing.

Cons

The new fee structure still saved me money but not quite as much. I find the set up and navigation a little clunky.

Daianne

Provide feedback regarding my experience with Plooto as an administrator

Reviewed on 2023/07/17

As a user who greatly values the convenience and simplicity that Plooto offers, I wanted to provide this feedback so that you may consider optimizing the system's efficiency in transmitting payments. This, I believe, will not only improve the satisfaction levels of account holders like myself but also help solidify Plooto's reputation as a reliable and efficient platform for rental payment management.

Pros

I want to express my appreciation for the user-friendly interface of the platform. Both as a lessee and as a landlord, we find the system easy to navigate, and it greatly simplified the process of managing rental payments. The straightforward design and clear instructions made it simple for me to set up and use the platform effectively.

Cons

However, I would like to bring to your attention a small concern regarding the speed of remitting payments to the account holder. While Plooto has proven to be efficient in terms of the overall process, I have noticed that there is room for improvement in this particular aspect. On a few occasions, there has been a slight delay in receiving payments in our account. While this delay has not caused any significant inconvenience, I believe that enhancing the speed of payment remittance would further enhance the overall user experience.Hope you can also provide a shareable tutorial as well that can easily be accessed by contacts on how they can set up their personal profiles/accounts, similar to what you provide to enterprises like ours.

Chad
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Plooto cuts down our carbon footprint

Reviewed on 2023/11/08

Plooto has provided a good venue for transactions to be completed in a timely and effective way. There is excellent ability to track transactions through the whole process. This allows any issues to be clearly resolved.

Pros

The approval process embedded in Plooto allows us to bridge physical distances between approvers with digital access. Reduces the need to travel to acquire approvals and improves security by reducing potential loss exposures.

Cons

The functional environment takes some getting used to. Can still get to the end of a transaction and not have a readily apparent way to initiate another sequence.
Has taken some time to understand how all of the information going into the system is presented to the vendors, to ensure there is clarity in the transaction.

Vickey

Great Value and Dependable

Reviewed on 2023/07/13

Like I said...I am saving over $100 per month in processing fees since I switched to Plooto and once I got past the "set up" stage. I really love Plooto and am wishing I had set it up years ago, but I think they should let us that have "official" PAD agreements ...set up the reoccurring payments like QB Payments did =( Making that reoccurring payment set up...a lot more simpler would make Plooto just about perfect =)

Pros

I LOVE the lower processing fees!!! I'm saving over a $100 a month by using Plooto. Once it is set up, the reoccurring payments is awesome. Their customer service was good too. Overall Plooto is an awesome addition to my business and one that I wish I had implemented YEARS ago! Great value for the monthly fee and so far...it has been very dependable in collecting my accounts receivable.

Cons

It was a lot harder to set up than I thought it would be =( My clients had to jump thru a lot of hoops to get the reoccurring payments set up and some were not happy about it =( I had PAD agreements for all of my clients, but Plooto does not accept those. So I have several clients that I cannot process their payments in Plooto even tho I have a PAD agreement with them and they have already given me their payment information ...but they haven't repeated the same process in Plooto ...so my PAD agreements are worthless now=(

Kelly
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Fast & easy to use!

Reviewed on 2023/08/08

I love this product. The chat help is fast and efficient. I no longer need to drive all over town getting multiple signatures on cheques. I can issue payments within seconds.

Pros

Plooto was easy to set up and begin using. The platform is very simple and saves time!

Cons

I can't say there is anything I don't like about Plooto.

• Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Plooto is an excellent product

Reviewed on 2022/03/01

convenience of authorizing payments remotely

convenience of authorizing payments remotely

Pros

Integrates well with QB online. Easy to use. Convenient. Efficient. Time saver.

Cons

there is no payroll integration which slows down the payment and reconciliation process considerably. Please add this feature to QB online

Helina
Helina
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Awesome AP/AR app that saves time and money.

Reviewed on 2018/05/12

Cash in my bank faster. Cheaper bill payments.

Cash in my bank faster. Cheaper bill payments.

Pros

Plooto saves me and my clients so much time is chasing invoice payments and mailing cheques for bill payments. The integrations with accounting softwares make it easy to manage vendor payments and mark them as paid. The pre-authorised debits make it easy to collect recurring invoice payments.

Cons

I'd like to see the time gap from invoice payment to cash in my bank and bill payment to cash in my vendor's bank shortened.

Tatiana

Excellent software overall

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Plooto allows easy and painless payments for businesses with a high volume of bills at a reasonable cost. It's pretty user friendly, although there are some advanced user tips which are hard to learn about.

Pros

We set up all our high volume AP clients on Plooto for ease of payment, self reconciliation with QBO and ease of troubleshooting. We queue up the invoices and they get send to the account owner for approval. Then Plooto marks the bills as paid.

Cons

I wish there was an approval process ahead of time, not only at time of payment. You will also need to do a manual entry to apply any CRA payments as Plooto will not know how to apply it for you - I wish there was a tool that could map the CRA payment to the right balance sheet account when you pay. If a payment is rejected or not accepted, Plooto does not notify you - it takes some monitoring and troubleshooting to find payments that were not accepted. There should be an email advising the user. The training is minimal, but should include tips on how to pull and export the bank data for analysis, I only learned of it from support which is a waste of Plooto's resources.

• Used for 1+ year

Plooto is a simple AP and AR tool that also makes it easy to pay across borders.

Reviewed on 2018/03/20

I mostly used it for AR purposes across the U.S. and Canadian border.

I mostly used it for AR purposes across the U.S. and Canadian border.

Pros

It's simple, and that point needs to be kept in mind. The interface is intuitive and it syncs with popular accounting programs like QuickBooks Online. The best part of the program (in my opinion) is the AR function that allows you to set up a recurring ACH payment from clients for a flat fee. Depending on the size of your invoice this could save you some money in credit card or bank processing fees. Also, you can do ACH payment from a U.S. bank and deposit the funds in a Canadian bank account. It is a pretty cool feature that puts them above Bill.com. It also doesn't carry the monthly fee of Bill.com.

Cons

It takes way too long to send money across borders. My experience is with the Canadian/U.S. border. It took nearly two weeks from the time that the client authorized the payment until it was deposited in my account. Also, if you are using Plooto for a foreign currency exchange service much better rates can be found elsewhere. If you are using Plooto instead of Bill.com and need all of the permissions or invoice scanning functionality, don't expect it. However, if you want a simple AP and AR tool with an added bonus of being able to make and receive payments across borders, and you aren't time crunched to make or receive a payment, then Plooto is a great inexpensive option.

Darshi

excellent software, very easy to setup and use

excellent software, very easy to setup and use

Pros

Ease of use, easy setup and integrated well with the Xero software

Cons

Fees per transaction increased this year

Chris

Reviewed on 2020/12/17

The accounts payable functionality and clear audit trail have been fantastic. It is a useful software for our firm and our clients have definitely benefited from the implementation. I definitely recommend Plooto to anyone that would benefit from it.
I think there are some flaws with the software regarding international wire transfers as well as with the tier set up that need to be sorted out. We have had to manage some issues with clients as a result of these flaws. Overall, I have been extremely satisfied with the software/cost and I am confident that it will continue to improve.

Pros

Integration was smooth and easy to use. It has saved time, organized files with a clear audit trail, eliminated a number of potential mistakes which can happen through manual entries.

Cons

Approval tier set up is very poor. Having a global tier and specific bank tier are great, but there should be clearer instructions that setting up a tier on a specific bank will supersede and eliminate a global tier. When the amounts on the tiers are completely different one should not impact the other. Eg - Bank tier - 0-1,000 requires X approvers and Global Tier 1,000.01 - unlimited requires Z approvers. The global tier should not be ignored since the amounts are completely different.

Monica
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great system for AP/AR

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

Great system will continue to use it

Great system will continue to use it

Pros

Its super easy to send/request money. Funds transfer pretty quickly.

Cons

If there is a technical glitch, it isn't easy to fix

Greg
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Hook and Sinker

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

Customer service is non-existent. I was told that we could have the old pricing structure for the holding companies, never did it. Falling on death ears. Getting overcharged each month...

Pros

I like the integration with QBO, nice and easy.

Cons

We signed up for this software early on, just like QBO (7-8 years ago). QBO granfathered us in, Plooto just jacked up the prices with no alternatives. Very underhanded and not fair. When I have more time I will be looking at alternatives for just that one reason.

Mary

ease of use

Not having to write cheques and mail them out

Inputing the invoices only once in our Accounting...

Not having to write cheques and mail them out

Inputing the invoices only once in our Accounting Software and then Plooto does the work

Very time and cost effective and being in the Cloud, can work from anywhere!

Pros

the ease of syncing invoices from Xero to plooto

Like that Plooto now issue cheque to our vendors that does not want to provide their banking info

Cons

Nothing comes to mind at this time based on our requirments

Michael
  • Industry: Wholesale

Great software for the price!

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

Pros

This software saves our organization so much time and effort to process our accounts payable. The link to Quickbooks also saves the time posting. Overall it’s a great system to remove all manual processes and payments from your workflows. And payments can be approved remotely which doesn’t hold up payments having to wait for signing authorities to be in the office.

Cons

I wish that the USD payments into the USA institutions were more competitive in pricing. It’s still expensive to process if they are outside of Canada for us.

Simon

Plooto and Le Chiffre Partnership

Reviewed on 2020/12/14

We like Plooto, we highly recommended to our clients.

We like Plooto, we highly recommended to our clients.

Pros

User Friendly, we love that our clients can pay us directly from our Xero invoice. We also like the etransfer feature.

Cons

Sometimes the customer service is slow and the answers are vague

Charlie
  • Used for 2+ years

Good value until the pricing model was changed

Reviewed on 2020/12/08

We would have continued as a customer however the change in pricing model drove us to change

Pros

It was easy to use for the payer and payee

Cons

The company changed the pricing model without notice. It was no longer a good value

BILL Accounts Payable & Receivable

Wow... awesome payment service

Reviewed on 2018/11/27

Pros

Absolutely love the way Plooto integrates with QuickBooks online. It pulls in the bills to be paid, and you review and send them out... and it allows for multiple signers to approve the payments.

Cons

The issue I like least is that they don't offer a cheque... there are a few.. less than 1% of our bills, that we need a cheque for. I so dislike manual cheques, chasing signers... I need Plooto to send out a cheque on our behalf occassionally.

Shirley
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 2020/02/13

Pros

Easy to use and train new staff, reasonably priced.

Cons

Unable to search by vendor to set up payments
Unable to sort by vendor, then by invoice number or due date
Unable to set preferences such as view 100 per page
USD import of paid bills does not populate currency rate, imports at 1.00

Reuben
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Brookside

Reviewed on 2020/12/21

Pros

Saves time for not sending cheques in mail

Cons

Payroll option might be handy.

Michael

Simple, dependable and powerful

Reviewed on 2020/02/12

A client had to bring A/P in house and I was tasked to find a solution that minimized their efforts in payment processing while securing QBO. Plooto is what we selected and it has been a great decision. From set up to ongoing use, the support is excellent.

Pros

From set up to ongoing use, the support is excellent. Seamless integration to QBO.

I am encouraging other clients to move over to Plooto.

Cons

There is nothing yet I "wished" Plooto did better. For A/P processing, it exceeds expectations.

Daniel

Great app to automate your AP and AR processes

Reviewed on 2020/12/09

Great option to consider, provided that you can live with the restrictions I mentioned

Pros

It is cloud based
Availability of AR function
Ease of set up and use
Sync with QBO and Xero
Custom approval tiers possible
Ability for recipients to easily receive funds

Cons

It takes 3 business days for a payable to be completed (unless you use their "Plooto Instant") - that is longer than how long it takes some other AP companies in Canada
Quirkiness with future-dated payables - if you have a scheduled payable that is to be funded via Plooto Instant at a later date, the payable amount reduces your current Plooto Instant funds