Maintenance Connection

Kevin H.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Software Review

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

I highly recommend purchasing this program for any company that needs to track their equipment. This can track your hours, parts used & stocked, purchase history, equipment history, PMs and have all your vendors and manufactures a click away.

Pros

This is a very good CMMS. I have worked with several since 1985. Maintenance Connection's gold is in the reports. No other program offers this type of option. It cannot be beet. As a super-user I can tell you the reports function gives you every possible option to track your documentation and report it to those that need it.

Cons

The MC University training program needs help. I have been very dissatisfied with it. They do not take into account actual uses of the program. The writer probably hasn't actually used the program in real world as I have for 12 years.

Emily B.
Industry: Facilities Services
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Great Product

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

This is a good product and the company really stands behind it. I have used competitor software and it doesn't have the same capabilities that MC does.

Pros

It is visually appealing and not too cluttered like competitor software. The average user can get started quickly with a short introduction.

Cons

Running scripts is complicated. I have had to reach out to support to help with the SQL. More push button options would be helpful.

Steven W.
Industry: Industrial Automation

limited usefulness with Ipads

Reviewed on 2017/02/10
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Our technicians use Ipads to access the program, and they are very limited in what they can see and do. When work orders are in a complete status, they are not easily accessible form the ipads, which limits the information the next shift has to see what has been done. The work orders only have a very small text line so it is awkward to type in and to see detailed notes or reports from the Ipads. Since the techs cannot access the information, the reports tend to be very brief and lack details that could help other techs if the same problem comes up again. The company wants to save money on the number of computer logins, so techs do not have regular access to see the work orders on a computer, and the program works differently between the Ipad and computer so they cannot use the computer efficiently when they do manage to get access through one. I have tech level access, but still receive automated reports which can be helpful to see what is going on; I do not see what flexibility there is with creating new reports or using the program to track specific techs or shifts.

Pros

It is helpful in tracking work that needs to be done. It makes assigning projects to specific technicians easy, and tracking how long it takes to complete projects.

Cons

Tablet program is awkward and very limited use when used on its own.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

David J.
Industry: Newspapers

Benefits of using Maintenance Connection

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

We are using the desktop version to plan and analyse our PM strategy and work orders. The trades staff on the floor use the mobile version which will run on most tablets via a standard browser at all our plants to record all breakdowns of assets which is then analysed each month to identify reoccuring faults or assets that are regularly failing. A strategy is then put in place to eliminate the root cause of the issue.
The trades staff can also access asset information via the tablet (such as manuals, procedures) that are directly linked to the asset or the work order.
We are now seeing huge gains in efficiencies in the inventory section of our business due to the automatic reorder functionality for inventory as the trades staff directly book out parts used. once a work order is entered on the tablet, the trades staff can look up parts that are used on that asset and see how many of those parts are in stock and the location of the bin in the store .

Pros

The ease of use in the configuration of MC is far better than what I experienced with different vendor.
Most user options are a setting that the local administrator can change via a tick box option.
The in built reporting and dashboard suite are very easy to pick up and customise reports and dashboards to your companies individual needs

Cons

The only problem I have found with the software is now that we are starting to use more features of the program at a higher level we are finding small bugs. These bugs don't affect the basic functionality and the support staff are brilliant in identifying the issues and passing the issues on to the developers to develop a fix.

Response from Maintenance Connection

David,

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback! We're thrilled to hear that you love the automatic parts reordering feature! Thank you for being a Maintenance Connection customer.

All the best,

Joanna H.
Industry: Automotive
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

CMMS Software You Can Use

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

We have been able to implement MTBF tracking and starting to analyze the data we've been collecting to help put the top issues to rest. Their customer service team is top-notch, they are there to answer any questions or issues you might have. Kudos to them and all of their quick responses!!

Pros

The simplicity of initial setup and the ease of daily use is one of the best things about Maintenance Connection. The software is very intuitive and is designed with the end-user in mind. Their community area (MC User Connect) is a great part of the package - there's a Product Suggestion area, on-demand learning videos, and a library that holds a great amount of instruction if needed.

Cons

If you are using Maintenance Connection to connect multiple locations or facilities under one system, there are some areas of the software that need to be location specific, such as Failures - all 8 of my facilities do not share the same failure codes - we each have different equipment and machinery.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Thank you so much for the great review, Joanna! We're so glad you're a Maintenance Connection customer.

Thank you!

Darrell L.
Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Good software with some drawbacks

Reviewed on 2020/06/11

For the most part this is a great software with a lot of functionality and traceability. However, there are holes in the change tracking that make it difficult, if not impossible, to validate for use as a stand-alone system for FDA regulated processes. This makes it so that you have to use a hybrid system of electronic and paper, which defeats the purpose to a large extent of having this software. I have tried to work with their support to get these holes fixed, but to no avail. Also, since Accruent took over, they no longer allow month by month use. They require at least a 1 year commitment in order to use the software, and they also charge extra if you want to be billed on a monthly basis instead of paying all up front.

Pros

It has an extensive reporting system that makes it easy to customize reports based on many different criteria and any report you create can be scheduled to be emailed to whoever needs it at any specified time interval.

Cons

The software cannot be validated according to the FDA standards as a stand-alone management system for maintenance.

Industry: Farming

Easy way to submit work orders to get things done!

Reviewed on 2018/07/28

Pros

As a user, I appreciate being able to submit and follow up on work orders sent to facilities. They are able to organize and assign tasks to their crew. It's easy to sign in and a user friendly interface

Cons

I am not sure from the programming end when it comes to formatting, but I was wondering if there was a way to save certain information. Currently, we have a complicated drop down menus for each section. It's complicated because there's so many categories, but I would like to have a "saved profile" for certain things like location, site and other features to make requests quicker.

Douglas W.

MC has been very helpful in building a maintenance management system from the ground up

Reviewed on 2018/02/06

Helps me manage my maintenance items and spare parts on a day to day basis

Pros

The flexibility built into the software is very nice. It is easy to customize forms and make the software work towards your advantage.

Cons

It would be nice to see more attention directed to non-cloud based users. It is hard to take advantage of all of the features of the software as a non-cloud based user.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Hey thanks for your great review, Douglas! We love to hear that the system makes your job easier!
I also wanted to let you know that one of our top priorities for this year is bridging the gap between cloud & non-cloud features - We want everyone to have the same, enjoyable experience!

Thank you for your honest feedback!
Maintenance Connection

Duane G.
Industry: Mining & Metals

Great Software for a Reasonable Cost

Reviewed on 2018/11/09

Pros

This software provides everything your maintenance programs needs and more, for an incredibly reasonable price.

Cons

Not really any complaints at all. It works very well.

Jordane M.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Benefits and minor flaws

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/01/25

High potential software that provides great services for inventory type companies.

Pros

Management of all the subsystems of the company is handled using Maintenance Connection. Although it requires much aid and experience with the application, once mastered, it provides an arsenal of tools to keep a check of all facilities and services of the engineering department.

Cons

Contacting support can sometimes take prolonged periods compared to other software. On successful communication, they provide comprehensive solutions to any problems experienced.

Roy H.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Maintenance Connection used by local government

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

The County of Santa Barbara has been using the software for approximately 5 years. We use it for all our work orders. The navigation is good. We use it for preventive maintenance.
The software can do a lot more than we need.
The reporting is just "OK". This is the area they can improve on.
A great feature is, we store all our building blue prints in the software and we are starting to put in service manuals. This way the maintenance staff can see the prints and the manuals when he gets a work order on his smart phone.

The initial installation of the software was the fastest I have ever seen just a few hours for the webservers and sql server.
Putting the data in the software takes years and we will be inputting more data every year.

The navigation tree is great,,,, like windows explorer,,, easy to move around in the software, things are easy to find.

Good software product.

Pros

Ease of navigations , ability to upload prints, manuals and pictures.

Cons

Reporting is not easy

Response from Maintenance Connection

Hello Roy,
Thank you for taking the time to give a thorough review of your experience using Maintenance Connection CMMS. We pride ourselves on successful implementation for all customers and are glad to hear your installation experience was smooth and fast. Additionally, it¿s great to hear that you find our navigation to be simple and easy to find what you¿re looking for. Our Customer Success team will reach out to you directly to understand your needs and feedback regarding reporting, and to share with you the reporting enhancements we have planned. Thank you again for your positive feedback, we always love to hear what customers think!

-Carissa

Carin F.

MC Review by EOG Resources

Reviewed on 2011/08/03

I will recommend MC to anyone. There's so much that you can do with this program, it amazes me that I find something new each week. We track: Asset Moves, Calculate Usage Fees for Equipment, Track Run Hours, PM Schedule, Labor Records, plus many more. We have spent more money than expected in custom work, but support has worked well with getting everything needed, minimized the cost and/or came up with better solutions. The support team, especially who I deal with on a regular basis, throwing new ideas at (Arlene, Randy and Dan), are all extremely helpful. MC tracks more than what we originally planned for, maintains a good schedule, and will soon be company wide here at EOG. Different divisions all over the US with EOG have heard so much about how it's helped the South, that I've been getting phone calls and emails asking, How does it work? What do we need to do? Do you think it will help? etc... Definitely has been well worth the money spent and has saved us a lot of money in return.

Pros

Maintenance Connection (MC), has definitely helped us keep track of our equipment in the field. Our maintenance records are much easier to get to and review. We are able to diagnose and stop prevent future crashes based off the history reports. We have minimzed our spreadsheet use. I myself have stop using over 15 spreadsheets. We've been able to export our reports and link to a small access database to run numbers for accounting. This normally took everyone 1-2 weeks and now MC has allowed us to cut our time back to 1 day. Our company has to deal with State Regulations for Emissions/Greenhouse Gas. We've been able to implement so many flags to make sure we stay on top of our testing, run hours and our facility emissions. MC has been very flexible on what we can add, change and customize to fit our needs.

Cons

Based on how MC was initially set up, we've had to make quit a few customizations to the program to fit our needs. We have several more projects in works now. The program is set up to do what we want, but the way our company is set up, we have to take different steps to get to that end result. In the end, it cost a little more for each customization. I would definitely like to see, in the future, an easier way to keep the overall history in an upgrade would be nice, to fit our needs better when we have Assets and Parent Locations they change often.

Rebecca K.

MC is robust if you know it & have the time, else it is a basic tool for your shop to manage itself.

Reviewed on 2017/07/17

Pros

The potential behind this software is impressive. One of our facilities have been using M/C for years and the manager uses this as his one stop shop for everything he works on... from the largest capital projects (complete project management) to the simplest PO order. Managing our inventory, parts, equipment and labor - so much information is available via reporting and historically; it truly makes a difference when evaluating products, requests, resources or incidents. Bottom line, the success of this software, it is about how much time, energy and effort you want to put forth and how much support you have from your up line.

Cons

Support. Routing calls to support or relying on support response can be frustrating. They have some amazing and brilliant people within the support group, please realize that - but getting to them or navigating through the phone system to leave a message is aggravating. More, it is irksome that if I do talk with someone they ask me if I looked on their help page first. Sometimes, that is not enough and I should not be shamed because they are being called.

Lisa G.
Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Maintenance Connection is by far the top of line in support, functionality, ease of use, and overall facilities management.

Reviewed on 2016/10/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

As the software analyst for Facilities and Services, my first task was to upgrade the current system to a web version. The upgrade went fairly well until we moved to paperless, which included ipads for technicians. We found many limitations that were put on the software and I was forced to make work arounds in order to operate. After a year of frustration and complaints not only by our department but, by users putting in requests, I was given the task of researching other software vendors. We looked at many of the top ten facilities management software packages. Some vendors even came on campus to demo their product. The minute we looked at maintenance connection, we were sold. Here are some of the key points that we found different about maintenance connection. First thing that caught my attention was the fact that there are demo's and how to's on you tube. They are out there for everyone to see. It's not a secret. This told me they are open and not one of those companies that wants you to pay them just to show you functionality. The next selling point was the fact that the requestor can put in a request from any device. They can log into the requestor on their cell phone, ipad, chrome book.... There is not extra module to buy for that. Once I found these items, I set up a demo with them. The person that did the demo was amazing. He wasn't just a salesman, he knew the software and could answer questions about it. This is something I had never seen before. When he demo'd the calendar function (you can assign techs on a calendar), the maintenance manager got very excited. When he showed how easy it was to change a field name just by right clicking on it. I shed a tear. I couldn't help it. I was in front of all my coworkers and didn't want to show emotion but, I was overwhelmed by just how easy everything is. This software is a system admin dream. Six of us went to the user conference this week and all six of us came back with very happy faces and so much excitement. I could go on and on about how wonderful this software is. If you have struggled with your facilities management software, just look up maintenance connection on you tube. If that doesn't convince you, let them demo the software for you. You will be truly amazed!!!!!

Kelly B.
Industry: Industrial Automation

MC better than Maximo? I think so!

Reviewed on 2018/12/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

I was first introduced to Maintenance Connection in 2007. In the world of software development, that was a lifetime ago. It was a solid package back then, but I have since watched it bloom into the most highly rated CMMS software on Gartner's Magic Quadrant. What happened?

In my opinion, the key to that success was rapid deployment of a mobile solution as well as well-executed integrations with other systems (especially ERPs). The power of Maintenance Connection (MC) is only effective if you can take it on the road with you and incorporate it with your other software solutions. TCO is also a huge factor with software implementation/ongoing maintenance and I believe MC is a decent value.

Cons

We often had issues with using different browsers as well as browser updates. I have moved onto another company and no longer use MC, so I'm not sure if they have put additional resources on that to ensure those bugs are kept to a minimum. Be sure to ask about that if you are considering this software.

Industry: Hospital & Health Care

CMMS Software

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

Overall I think it's a wonderful CMMS Software package. The offer cloud service and have great customer service that will remote in with you and walk you through any problem you may have. I haven't worked with the back-end, but as far as creating assets, work orders and reports it doesn't get much easier.

Pros

The reports module is a beast! If you have ever had to create a report using Crystal Reports before you understand how complex reporting can get. Maintenance Connection makes creating reports simple to do. You do not have to be a wiz at SQL to create very sophisticated reports. I also like that I can copy or clone just about anything in the database. This makes asset creation and pm schedule creation very easy.

Cons

We are not using the most current version, so the issues we experience are likely resolved. That being said, trying to export reports to pdf was buggy at first but seems to have cleared up. I also wish there was a way to create a bulletin (and there may be) that would alert you to whenever a new rule was created, changed etc... because sometimes new rules can cause work order generation issues and it's often the last thing looked at.

Michael P.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great way to track asset maintenance

Reviewed on 2018/10/24

I have used this software for 10 years as both a maintenance supervisor and as a preventative maintenance coordinator. Customer service is fantastic.

Pros

The available features: work order system, preventative maintenance scheduling/tracking, purchase order processing, and asset management. Many features are available for a wide variety of applications. Their customer service is second to none in similar kinds of software.

Cons

Some of the ways that specific features of the program don't interact with each other very well or something that seems easier to execute takes additional steps or mouse clicks to complete. Since the last update, I have noticed more problems - I am not a huge fan of the update. I also don't like being forced to track the majority of work orders by target dates.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Hi Michael, thank you for your review! We're glad that you love the product support! Don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] if there's anything we can do to help.

- The Maintenance Connection Team

Mark E.
Industry: Machinery
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great. It's been a Godsend for me.

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

It helps the maintenance department and me stay organized.

Pros

I'm audited quite frequently by our customers and each one I've shown the maintenance Connection Program to has liked it.
I can virtually run our maintenance department without physically being there which really helps me keep tabs when I'm on vacation.
The inventory module forces us to be organized which helps with the 6S program.

Cons

We are a cloud user and I think it's mainly because of our company securities, I have to store my documents on a Google drive and link it in.
The only one-on-one training I've had was when the bus traveled to MPLS. They don't seem to get close to the upper Midwest.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Thank you so much for your review, Mark! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Maintenance Connection!
If there's ever anything we can do to improve your experience, please reach out to our Customer Success team at [email protected]

Patrick P.
Industry: Utilities

Great Product / Excellent Support

Reviewed on 2017/03/22

Maintenance Connection has given us the ability to progressively change much of our maintenance culture from reactive to preventative. It is an excellent tool that provides our teams the means to better troubleshooting and preparedness, leading directly to increased efficiency. Having the flexibility to form this product to our work flow and process is invaluable.

Pros

Ability to adapt to our maintenance needs.

Cons

Waiting for product suggestions to materialize. Would like it to completely integrate with our financial system

Response from Maintenance Connection

Thank you for your comments Patrick! It's great to hear that Maintenance Connection's software has had such a positive impact on your organizations maintenance processes. We take our customer's product suggestions seriously and our Product Development team considers each one carefully. As far as integration with financial system's, we currently provide integration options via our Web API and Project Development Services. Our customer success team will be in touch soon to further discuss your comments.

Chris O.
Industry: Mining & Metals

Great user friendly product!

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Uptime on equipment has improved, we are able to track the work and expense on our assets better to make more informed decisions on whether to upgrade or replace certain items. When I went to analyze the business needs and searched for a vendor to partner with to help with our maintenance tracking needs, Maintenance Connection was their from the beginning and still to this day help with any needs that we may need, our rep even just checks in to see how things are going and if we need anything. This kind of customer service is dwindling

Pros

1. Customer service is fantastic
2. User friendly
3. Easy to manipulate the data
4. Reporting is great, lots of options
5. Customizable to the user
6. Mobile friendly application

Cons

N/A Really have no complaints. I just hope that the company that bought them does not deviate from the high level of service that we have experienced since purchasing the software.

Kristi P.

Easy to Organize and Use

Reviewed on 2017/07/11

Pros

Maintenance Connection allows us to keep all of our assets organized and structure our asset tree as we see fit. All work is documented and saved. We can have all cost, downtime, and other asset information together in one place. This program works well if you have everyone putting in an effort to utilize the different features that it offers.

Cons

Customizing reports can be difficult if you don't know what you are doing or how you want it or have to many factors that you need. However, customer service is a huge help and can usually help you customize your report.

Response from Maintenance Connection

Thank you so much for your review, Kristi! We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Maintenance Connection!

Tim C.
Industry: Renewables & Environment

Work orders and procedures are great, reporting is complicated

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Overall on a day to day basis, it works out very well. When it comes to Asset management, it has to be done correctly from the beginning, otherwise there's no way to fix it later. This is suppose to be useful for every employee but it seems you need specialists in your company to handle reporting and troubleshooting.

Pros

Creating work orders, both automatically and manually are very easy. Adding time and creating procedures to add to work orders are easy too.

Cons

Creating a report to show specific data always requires that i get assistance from customer support whom shows me what seems like hidden features in the software and uses terms im not familiar with. Offline version has problems with loading or not pulling a work order when it fits all the requirements, and then releasing it back to CMMS takes a long time.

Len D.
Industry: Government Administration

Flexibility is the Key

Reviewed on 2018/11/07

We're attempting to implement full CMMS, no information to remain in a silo. All updates are realtime reported through BI

Pros

I love the simple interface the crews use to enter data - TWC. I love the Asset Spec section - flexible and easy to expand.
The ability to write rules adds even more flexibility and work automation to the software.
Attaching more than one asset to a work order and the ability to use data hub is very important to us.
The ability for procedures to update asset specs is another biggy

Cons

The integration with GIS...it's weak.
Reporting could be improved we are now using BI to pull data from Asset Specs - Qlik Sense
The process of adding more than one asset needs to be improved
Enter time needs to be more flexible - more fields

Boyd M.
Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

By far the best value CMMS

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

The Maintenance Connection support team is wonderful. They help you get to the solution you need and they don't nickle and dime you with extra charges like some of their competitors.

Pros

The Maintenance Connection reporting engine is outstanding. It is very easy to create custom reports yourself without having to pay a third party consultant. The "Smart Reports" feature lets the user link directly back to source data. For example, if you have a purchasing report with all the POs for the month, you can click on a line item and be taken directly to the specific PO in question. Same with work orders...

Cons

No cons at the moment. It seems when you run into an issue or a needed enhancement, the Maintenance Connection Team listens and fixes the problem.

Erin M.
Industry: Hospitality

Excited to learn more!!

Reviewed on 2016/10/05

We are excited to see the full potential of this software in our environment. It was purchased over years ago and we are really just beginning to use it primarily for our vehicles at this point. We look forward to using it for our lifts and hopefully our facilities, as well. Customer service is great. I feel the MCU should be included in the annual subscription. The videos and technical help is not as helpful as calling. Videos like the ones used in Lynda.com would be more helpful. I think the checkpoint is great, but feel the sessions go too fast and should be a little more in depth. They have to move fast to stay on schedule, so maybe recording them and posting after the event or even sending to attendees afterward. Possibly even sell as a one time subscription to businesses that didn't attend??

Pros

CUstomer service is awesome, comprehensive reports, great for asset management, etc.

Cons

Not intuitive, ease of online help.