Rent Centric

4,5 (34)
On-demand self-service vehicle rental management software

Josh N.

Easy, All Inclusive Rental Software

Reviewed on 2021/12/02

The team is very helpful and friendly about helping figure this software out in order to discover what it's best functions would be for your individual needs.

Pros

It is all encompassing and integrates well with payment systems, which makes it a solution that we could easily plug and play into our website and payment systems.

Cons

Because it is useful for businesses large and small, it has many customizations that many users may never use. At first, it can be a bit overwhelming to know what to focus on and learn.

Response from Rent Centric

Hi Josh, thank you so much for your 5 star review. We appreciate the fantastic feedback and glad that our integrated solution for website and payment system is working for your business. We are grateful to have such amazing clients like you Josh and we look forward to servicing your business for many years to come.

Katie H.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Grreat Partners

Reviewed on 2021/03/04

I have done a lot of research and Rentcentric truly has it all! I have had the pleasure of using this software for out 90+ location company for the past 5 years. No matter how our company has shifted and changed over the years, Rentcentric has been an important and strategic part of that! They have stayed ahead of the industry and are continually pushing new updates and pieces of tracking business. I find the price to be very affordable and approachable. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are fantastic partners and will always help to find solutions and "make it happen!" Great software - great partners!

Pros

User friendly
Helpful team of developers
Innovative
Quick turn around on tickets
Cost effective

Cons

Few glitches (though they work through them quickly)
Each feature has a cost - understandable but would love to see a :"full boat" so you don't have to pay per feature

Salesforce Sales Cloud and RentWorks

Reasons for Choosing Rent Centric

Rentcentric provides a much more comprehensive overall experience. And the support is very good.

Reasons for Switching to Rent Centric

Cost, innovative pieces, continual changes and upgrades, online availability
Derek H.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Rent Centric software for Seamless business integration

Reviewed on 2021/11/29

For a point of sale no fuss booking system, Rent Centric is well suited to our business.
Renting vehicles is in essence a straight forward transaction, our observation is many business's add unnecessary complexity to the customer experience.
From our perspective Rent Centric don't differentiate from whether our business is big our small, the team demonstrates huge integrity in their levels of customer service. We are very proud to associate our business with Rent centric.

Pros

Whilst our Webpage for landing customers is the frontline for our business, the integration of the RC software is the "silent Champion" providing all the core business functionality in the back ground.
It's integral in providing a great customer experience, when online booking.
It provides great transparency for our frontline staff and back office analytics.

Cons

Can't really find anywhere in the software we don't like, we have found its fit, form and function suits our business well, the Rent centric team have always been obliging in addressing/ assisting our areas of learning the system, equally accommodating in making adjustment's were possible to our specific needs.

Response from Rent Centric

Hi Derek, you made our day with your 5 star review of Rent Centric and the team. We are very excited to have the opportunity to serve you and your business as the entire team enjoys working with you. We are glad your system and the reservation website is connecting you to your clients whilst generating revenue. We are very grateful to be your business partner and we look forward to many years of successful partnership.

Scott W.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Software to be avoided

Reviewed on 2021/04/22

The sales process is great, then everything falls apart. At what is now 10 months under our belt, trying to get things right they have completely given up. Most of the time they respond too our support requests timely, but still nothing gets accomplished. They should truly be ashamed. I have three more car share projects I need to get done in the next year to so and there is no way in good conscience I could use Rent Centric.

Pros

Great sales team up front and it advertises all teh features we would need for our car share program

Cons

10 months down the road (not literally, obviously) and it still isn't right. It's unusable. We have half a dozen major issues that are not being resolved, including something as simple as showing distance in miles not kilometers.

Ian V.

Great Software - Well Developed

Reviewed on 2021/02/11

This software works. Period. When you want it to so something - it does it like you'd expect it to do. It's crazy how much time and money I've wasted on other software before coming to these guys!

Pros

I have used other Car Rental Software platforms before but Rent Centric is the only one I have found that WORKS! They have INSTANT setup. Just enter your credit card number and start using the software! It's that easy. Don't waste your valuable time and money with other software like I did. Saving money is NOT worth your time. You'll spend more time with tech support that it's worth - use these guys! I'm glad I did.

Cons

The setup fee. Their setup fee is extremely expensive. I know that they have training support and everything else that is provided but I setup the entire system myself before I even got the training. (It really is that simple to get started). I have my payment portal setup and all of my vehicles (I had 40 vehicles in the fleet) and everything all setup within a day. But I still had to pay their setup fee even though I set it all up myself.

Response from Rent Centric

Ian, we can't thank you enough for the kind words about Rent Centric car rental software platform. Your review means a lot to us and lets us know we're on the right track! We're very grateful for customers like you and hope you stick with us for years to come!

Tareq A.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great software with many features

Reviewed on 2021/02/17

Great software with many features, easy to handle, I didn’t have any major issues.

Pros

Rent centric is an excellent software with experience team behind it. They always answer my requests and help me with day to day operation. previously I had another software that I thought it could save me $$$ , I was wrong , many companies have a nice layout software but when your operation start growing you will notice that they don’t have a good solution. Don’t pay twice like I did. This company is professional and they provide upscale solutions.

Cons

Like any software, this is fits all software that sometimes you need to request some changes, modifications in order to meet your company needs

Kim B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great support from Rent Centrics!

Reviewed on 2019/05/08

We are a small town dealership but handling many rentals a day. Rent Centrics makes working with our customers quick and easy. And no worries about the support if needed, they will be there for you!

Pros

Software is easy to figure out even if you've never used the program before. Makes it easy for teaching and great for others filling in at our dealership to use. Every section is self-explanatory if you just take time to go over them.
If there is anything you can't figure out - the support team is there for you. My reps are super at receiving an email with quick response time and not only answers your question but goes one step further to complete the task if needed. Thanks!

Cons

I really don't feel like there is a negative about this software. We are happy to have it!

Response from Rent Centric

This review made our day Kim! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community.

Bill M.

10 year customer

Reviewed on 2018/11/09

after 10 years, it's pretty obvious we're a very happy customer.. we're constantly approached by others, but after researching price and value, we know we're in professional, good hands.

Pros

User friendly software, excellent customer support. Without a doubt the best for our business and in the rental industry.. Rent-Centric is a very valuable asset and one of the main reasons we've stayed competitive..

Cons

nothing really, after getting past the newness, it's been a cake walk..

Response from Rent Centric

Hi Bill, we can¿t thank you enough for your kind review and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Rent Centric. We strive to be the best car rental software provider. We're glad we could help you stay competitive in the market for the last 10 years. You made our day here at Rent Centric.

Velkis T.

Thank you Rent Centric!

Reviewed on 2020/02/25

As mentioned before sometimes we have little glitches, but their is always someone to help and get the issues resolved in a very timely manner. I also need to give a compliment to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who has always been there to answer any phone call or question I may have, even after hours.

Pros

Fast customer service, User Friendly, Really easy to make reservations.

Cons

Some minor glitches like any software may have, but issues get fixed in a timely manner.

Response from Rent Centric

Thank you so much for your kind words, Velkis. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us and we agree, our team is truly happy to help! We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Allyn B.
  • Industry: Automotive

Simple to use but full featured

Reviewed on 2016/08/19

As a GM dealer we were looking for an easy to use and affordable solution to manage our courtesy transportation fleet and RentCentric fits the bill perfectly.

Pros

It's simple enough to use for my small fleet, but also allows us to offer full daily rentals. And its a good value.

Cons

Login takes longer than desired to access the server.

Response from Rent Centric

Thank you for your review, Allyn. We thank you for your business with Rent Centric and wish you all the best going forward!

Johnny B.

Rent Centric Software Review

Reviewed on 2019/12/20

We are changing consumer perception of electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles using Rent Centric's simple and very flexible rental cloud software.

Pros

Ease of use, customization, adaptability, efficient subscription based pricing models, wide selection of products both ready-made and custom.

Cons

There are so many featured that it almost demands some training when first using the platforms. Very easy once one gets a hang of it.

Response from Rent Centric

Dear Johnny, you made our day. We really appreciate your feedback and kind words. We look forward to servicing your business for many years to come. Thank you again from the Rent Centric team.

Bikramjit K.
  • Industry: Automotive

Years of using Rentcentric, with great results

Reviewed on 2021/02/25

We have been very impressed with rent centric, and they continue to provide updates to the platform, allowing us to solve problems that arise and adding new features,.

Pros

We have used rent-centric for several years. We love that it is user friendly and easy to navigate

Cons

We did not like that they didn't have a mobile-friendly platform, but that was fixed and we now have been set up and presented with a mobile user-friendly platform

Carl C.

Highly recommended

Reviewed on 2018/11/08

Overall expierience has been amazing. The software is well thought out and really helps us run our operation efficiently.

Pros

The software covers everything we need to operate our rental operation. Outstanding Customer service really separates rent centric from the rest. Anytime we have a question or concern, there is always a friendly representative to walk us through.

Cons

I’m a big fan of rent centric. Everything is in line with our needs.

Response from Rent Centric

Hello, Carl. Thank you for your lovely note. We so appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Rent Centric customer service. Thanks again for being a loyal customer and writing this awesome review. It means the world to us. Have great day.

Kara R.

Charlotte Car Rental LLC - Rent Centric Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

I have solved my billing issues with Rent Centric as I can easily set follow ups and reminders. I also can accomplish everything through this software without having to utilize any other programs.

Also, rep has been an outstanding account support and has made using and learning Rent Centric super easy. She is quick to respond and very patient.

Pros

I love that I can do everything needed on file through this software from initial checkout, updates, billing, and receiving payments. I also can run a wide variety of reports that tell me all the information I need to know.

Cons

So far, I haven't run across anything that I don't like.

Response from Rent Centric

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kara. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us and we're so happy you were satisfied with Rent Centric platform and our support team! We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. We look forward to working with you again in the future!

Robert L.
  • Industry: Automotive

I recommend this platform for anyone starting in the rent a car industry.

Reviewed on 2016/08/02

Great product and an affordable price. This system works great for the small business owner and allows for him/her to compete with major rental car organizations.

Pros

Ease of use, user friendly, great system to use if you have multiple locations.

Cons

Sometimes it would glitch when printing out rental agreements. The agreement would print outhis something different than what is on the screen.

Response from Rent Centric

Thank you for your review and your business, Robert! We wish you all the best going forward.

Ovais M.

Customer reps. are amazing with their response time. The support from RentCentric is 5 star!

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

It has all the functions that you need from a software for fleet management, rental use and accounting.

Pros

Its so easy to use that a 8 yr old wont have problems with the functions. The new versions are also available and work better on the Smart Phones and Tablets.

Response from Rent Centric

Thank you for your review, Ovais. We appreciate your business and are pleased to work with you!

Jeffrey L.

Great customer service

Reviewed on 2019/04/15

great customer service

Pros

Flexibility, if you need some changes done, most are done within a few minutes. They answer emails and phone calls promptly

Cons

sometimes, it glitches and will not except some of the reservation changes, you have to do them twice

David A.

Quality product

Reviewed on 2016/09/27

I have used the system for a while, it has given me a lot more information on our fleet. We can now track things more easily and can get reports that show how we are doing.

Pros

The ease of entering and tracking cars

Cons

The utilization report is not always correct

Response from Rent Centric

Thank you for your review, David. We thank you for your business with Rent Centric and wish you all the best going forward!

Cynthia F.

Great product, Superior Service !!

Reviewed on 2015/09/16

Dear Leadership Team at Rent Centric,

We at Exhilaride Rentals would like to give a major "shout out" to your Customer Support team at Rent Centric. We are especially pleased with the responsiveness of Marg, who is our primary CS contact.

We are new in the business of renting Street Legal Golf Carts in South Florida, having opened early in 2015. Your client Tom from the Electric Cart Company in the Florida Panhandle area recommended Rent Centric to us. I believe he has been a customer for several years.

From the moment we first spoke to Marg at RC, she has been extremely helpful. From the integration of the Rent Centric software onto our website, to initial training, to the few glitches we've had along the way, we know we can reach out to Marg and she'll get back to us in a very timely manner and resolve our issues swiftly.

My husband and I have spent decades in large corporate environments prior to opening our small business. We realize how RARE it is to receive such strong support from a business partner.

We recommend Rent Centric very highly and we will be more than happy to speak with any potential customers about our very positive experience with your company.

Whatever you do....treat Marg right. Employees such as Marg are like gold !!

Pamela S.

Love this software

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

We are new in the business renting 4X4's for beach driving. Rent Centric has been helpful in all areas and now that we are becoming more familiar it's really very easy to use

Pros

Once you understand all the working parts it's about the most user friendly software I've used. I'll admit the learning curve could have been easier with some dedicated training but Marg has always been available to answer our questions and doesn't seem to mind the plethora of individual questions.

Cons

Zen Desk is useless. Have to learn much of the software on your own, but again rep is very quick to respond to questions

Response from Rent Centric

Hello Pam, Thank you for the positive feedback our software is very user friendly it¿s always a pleasure to help.
You are very professional and quick to respond to emails I look forward to working with you and your team. Marg

Kay R.
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Reviewed on 2021/07/13

Some of the features are a little hard to find within the back end of the website, but customer service/support is exceptional and help though the set up and many questions

Pros

It was so easy to set up and get running, to add bikes and pictures, day, week monthly or seasonal rates, even a maintenance schedule can be created to keep you on top of everything.

Cons

Some of the features are a little hard to find to turn

Response from Rent Centric

Hi Kay, thank you so much for taking the time to give us a 5-star review! We are happy to hear Rent Centric keeps you on top of your game with your busy rental schedule. We will share this with the Rent Centric team to let them know to keep up the amazing work!

Sayyad R.

Well assisted. Prompt responses in case of help. Solutions have been found immediately.

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

Pros

Very user friendly. We are able to input all information needed about our vehicles- work orders, servicing etc.

Response from Rent Centric

Thank you for your review, Sayyad. We appreciate your business and are pleased to work with you!

Emmanuel A.
  • Industry: Automotive

Software with potential. But no customer service to back that up.

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Pros

The software seems user friendly with a good user interface and features.

Cons

I have been trying to contact support for over 7 days. The support ticket is still open with no response and ALL of their phone lines go to a voicemail of "CSR who cannot answer the phone right now".

I have attempted close to 25 calls to this company over the past 7 days, within regular business hours. However, I have had no success in reaching a company that showcases working with large companies and seemingly prides itself on customer service.

Angela D.

For the price, I am pleased with the software as a whole.

Reviewed on 2017/06/03

Pros

The customer support has been excellent. These people never, ever left me hanging. Once you get the templates set up, the software is much easier to use.

Cons

Initial Templates were extremely hard to set up on your own. Wish this was a more user friendly part of the software.

Rufus M.

Terrible technical customer service

Reviewed on 2017/03/27

have literally being trying to fix things like email or text notifications when people make bookings and payment processing for months. They say they can use all kind of different payment gateways but they will only do authorize.net (who is the worst payment processing company ever). I've been trying to email my rep for months trying to get things fixed and he never responds to emails. The company just flat out doesn't care about customers. Please stay away from them.

Pros

Nothing

Cons

Terrible customer service