Showing 117 reviews of 105

Showing 117 reviews of 105
Lindsey A.

Exceptional Software for any Business

Reviewed on 2019/10/24

It's saved us time in setting up our routes, estimates, jobs, remembering recurring jobs, basically any issues you are having with your business you will likely find a remedy with Service Autopilot.

Pros

This software has an entire arsenal of capabilities of the software compared to the cost. Its a small investment for a product that saves time and money in a ton of ways. We started with a program exclusively for lawncare which we were using to do all kinds of service work and it wasn't cutting it for us.

Cons

it takes an investment of your time in the beginning to figure out exactly what is going to work for you in terms of the features. If you don't use the support that SA offers it can be overwhelming. But take the time to invest in learning the software and it will work out in the end.

Kim G.

SA Autopilot client for years

Reviewed on 2020/12/03

It was great the first 1 1/2 years, then the customer service issues hit and made us less excited about the software. The pricing change was the last straw for me. We still use the software for a small portion of our business but honestly just waiting for a better option to come our way.

Pros

The features of the system and integration with other software

Cons

The customer service made me feel like our account wasn't a priority. They also removed with tiered pricing without notice. When I inquired why our pricing was higher, I was told about the tiered pricing and because it only affected a few clients, they intentionally didn't notify us about the change.

Jamie B.
  • Industry: Chemicals

This program breaks down over time

Reviewed on 2016/10/24

BEWARE!!!!!! I own a lawn and tree fertilizing company. I have used this software for the past 3 years. We were extremely pleased with Service Auto Pilot for the first 2 years. It worked great and helped us tremendously with getting the business organized and up & running. Unfortunately over the past year I feel the software has done the complete opposite. With the constant updates there is some serious issues with the code the system is running. My balances on the invoices are off (which I have contacted them about several times over the past 5 months and they agree and confirm there is an issue) and even worse the jobs that are supposed to pop up for service are not. I have customers calling asking where we have been. There were always some small problems before with routing and just general things you need would be compromised. I once thought overall the site was a solid 4-4.5 stars out of 5 and a fair price. At this time however I DO NOT recommend this software! Check back once they get all the bugs worked out. The good thing is they made it easy to export your clients and leave.
UPDATE September 21 2016. None of the issues I have been experiencing have been resolved and even more issues are popping up. Soon as season is over I will be leaving this company
UPDATE 10/24/2016 I was told my issues were looked at by the development team and that they were some deep routed issues that would take a long time to fix. However the company has stopped updating me of the progress and it seems they have left my account for dead. There are even more issues popping up and it has become almost impossible to work with this software. I think what happens is after using the program for multiple years there is too much code interacting with itself and jumbles things all up. You may be wondering why I am still using it. That's because my business is seasonal and I was just hoping to get through the year before I went through all the work of inputting my customers into another service software program.

Pros

I loved its ease of use and how easy it was to teach my workers how to use it. It also has tons of extras that really come in handy when it comes to managing all aspects of business

Cons

I hate that it imploded on itself after using it for multiple years.

Matt H.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

A game changer for the service industry

Reviewed on 2018/12/23

Great company to work with, amazing customer service, and they are always working on devoloping new fetures with new techonlogy. Highly recomdended.

Pros

The system is very customizable. You can export all your data at any time and run excel reports if you choose to, however the internal reports are very detailed. This program will save any service business huge headaces by automating your service business. Service autopilot handles routing, invoicing, marketing, CRM and accouting seamlessly. It also handles large sales volumes efortlessly. As it runs on the cloud, it can be accessed from anywhere, anytime. Very happy with this program.

Cons

Be prepared to spend extra time setting up your account the way you like it. This is a huge plus, because you only have to do it once, and after that, you will get huge time savings.

Matt H.

The best solution on the market. period.

Reviewed on 2017/10/10

Pros

This program is the best thing to ever happen to my company. It is extremely user-friendly and incredibly efficient to use. The team at Service Autopilot have put major thought into creating a superior product, that actually automates many aspects of my business.

Response from Service Autopilot

Thank you Matt!

We're so glad we could help your business grow. The future holds many great things for both of our companies.

Brad B.

Amazing Software

Reviewed on 2016/09/14

Started using this software 5 years ago when I created this new landscape, lawn maintenance and irrigation business. Wanted to have a solid foundation for scaling up and this was the perfect solution. Before this I used four other software programs and nothing even compares to the ease of use and multitude of features Service Autopilot offers.

One great example is our irrigation winterizing and spring turn on list. We have about 300 clients and it only takes an hour or so to sort them and schedule them for the appropriate day. We never miss a client because we have them set up in a "package" that automatically generates the routing and jobs are broken out by neighborhood. As soon as the irrigation technician completes the job on their mobile, it generates an invoice and we have it sent out via email at the end of the day. Sometimes our clients get their invoices before they come home and realize the service has been completed. Just the time savings alone on this project is worth the Service Autopilot cost. Before it would take 15 hours or so to organize the jobs and multiple hours just to enter and send out the invoices.

Also, the techs can take pictures and leave notes for the office for repair follow ups that are attached to the job.

Pros

Absolutely wonderful for repeat maintenance jobs and one time jobs. We never miss any billing because the employees only go to places on their mobile schedules.

Cons

It is a little cumbersome on large multi-day landscape projects. They do have a "Projects" option for these types of jobs. I even printed out the instructions on how to use it but it's not as easy and intuitive as the rest of the software.

Ines C.

Great Software Some Caveats

Reviewed on 2019/09/17

Overall a good software with some excellent people in the company. They just need to slow down enough to ensure transitions from other software is done accurately, focus on service and resolving known issues before adding more features. I would choose this software again.

Pros

- Automations (sending automated messages for marketing/collection etc.)
- Automated arrival preferences (again, part of what they call Automations
-Able to text clients from software
- Setting up To Do's for employees
- One report - Job Costing - has potential to make price increase easier to evaluate for under-performing accounts
- Time saved entering leads

Cons

- Closed API - so make sure you want to own and be owned by this one software
- Not able to get support on your schedule (wait for a call back which may happen when you can't take the call)
- Fast growth and race to add features seems to have created a back log on issues
- Can't open a client account right from the calendar
- Issues with the Quickbooks Online synch
- Scrolling through a client's receivables is wonky (you have to click to load more transactions)

Aaron S.

Awesome Product and Company!!!

Reviewed on 2015/01/09

I have been using Service Auto Pilot since November of 2012.

Setting up Service Auto Pilot:
We set this product up in the winter of 2013 and spent a few weeks doing this. I would highly recommend doing this in the off season. You have to be disciplined and watch the videos. Don't try to set up everything. Try it and use it. You will learn more using it and it is very easy to make changes as you go. We are three years in and we make changes all the time to improve our time management.

Customer Service:
This is one of the bright spots of this business! These folks always respond and have spent hours with me and our staff as we learned all of the features of this product. They have helped us set up our invoices, estimates, packages, and services. They are really 2nd to none and I can't say enough about how much they have done for us. This product would be worthless without their customer service and they realize this. They have delivered in this area a hundred times over.

How we use the product:
We email all estimate and invoices.
We charge credit cards for 95% of our business all done through the system.
We send all route sheets to our crews daily and if we need to change them they get an update in the field.
We are able to track and see what properties our crews have completed in real time.
We can send advertising emails to all of our customers with a few clicks and in less than 5 minutes.
We can track phone calls and keep important information about our customers for future reference in the customer file.
Our customers can log in to their Service Auto Pilot account and change their credit card info, see their invoices, and request services. All of this is tracked in the system and notifies our staff when this happens.
All of this is cloud based which means that I can work anywhere in the world. Many days I work from my car in the field as I meet my customers and work with my crews.

I could go on and on about this product. In the past 2 years we have added over 400 customers. This product didn't do that but it has made adding that many customers easier and quite frankly it would have been impossible without a product like this.

Keith S.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Handles an unlimited amount of clients, jobs and employees.

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

I was first attracted to this company because they are very experienced in my line of work and do understand what we need from a very hands on point of view. There attitude toward customer service has taught me a lot about what it take to keep clients happy and coming back for more.

Pros

The dispatch board is laid out so you can customize the view you need of your work by client, status, resources assigned etc. It allows you to read notes and see pictures from the field in real time and correspond with your supervisors efficiently. The custom invoice templates are great and the fact that it syncs with Quick Books has reduced the time we spend billing customers. The Client screens allow us to keep track of every estimate, service and communication. Service Autopilot is capable of retain detailed info about each property and all job history. The training videos are great and the help staff is very polite and patient when you call with questions.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about Service Autopilot. It has been a little slow, but since it is cloud based software it could be my ISP or something else. They have made great improvements in this area.

Scot A.

If you have a few hundred customers, expect to spend 10-15 hours per week correcting its...

Reviewed on 2018/03/10

Much easier than using a spreadsheet and hand inputting info into invoices and estimates.

Pros

The estimate, invoice templates and customization for letters is awesome. Other companies need to take a look at making easily customizable forms for invoicing and estimates. The software is excellent for emailing detailed estimates and letters. Converting leads/estimates into active customers is very simple. The pricing matrix conversions (size or piece per job into prices) is extraordinarily well done. Honestly, the software setup shows a ton of promise. I believe it could easily be the best out there if they would fix the basics listed below.

Cons

They do not have the basics down. Payments that are applied to balances are constantly unassociating from accounts. I spend 10-15 hours per week rechecking this error which causes serious billing problems and has cost me customers. Payment check boxes also tend to dissociate every once in a while. I spend another several hours per week on routing because single accounts cannot be pulled. If I have to add a customer into the route for that day the entire days work has to respool for printing. This takes up to 2 minutes to load and then another minute or two to scroll through the pages to print the necessary work. Routing, Call Logs, and To Do's are all scheduled for route printing. This costs a ton of time sorting it all out and paper costs add up quickly. My business (lawn care fertilizing and pest control) runs on renewing accounts each year. There is no way to auto-renew and send updated pricing and service schedules to existing customers. Each year I have had to input entirely new estimates for every active customer and send them individually. I then have to delete the prior years services and convert the estimate (pre-pay letter) into a whole new package. For a few hundred customers this process takes 90 hours! Customer information is split up between multiple screens and the jobs history for each has to be manually looked up by pulling up prior invoices. Support answers the phone but has not fixed even one of these issues nor has answers.

Steve H.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Service Autopilot is a Godsend

Reviewed on 2018/12/10

Pros

Saves me 60 hours per month. No longer have to rely on spread sheets that take forever to update daily and weekly. Made it possible for us to expand; have hired two new employees serving 40 yards per day on average (60+ on Friday). Service Autopilot also provides extensive advice and coaching on how to expand our business. It is not cheap, but you get solid value for the money. We use credit cards to bill everyone and with SA we can bill everyone with one click, and since we have cash coming in daily, there are no issues with cash flow. We do the work, we get paid the same day or week.

Cons

Their computerized routing software is poor at best. For us, we do more than 20 stops per day in two crews, the SA routing software is a fail. Luckily, I had already learned how to route by using Road Warrior.

Brian W.

After a season, I'm not sold, but still willing to give it another chance.

Reviewed on 2016/10/17

We started using this program this season. Previously we tried another system that was atrocious to implement. SA has been much better, but also has some serious issues.

First major problem: We offer 2% 10 day discount, have for over a decade. There is no accounting setting for this in SA. I can accept payments into SA and add it as a line item with another 4-5 steps per payment. It's not a savings of time, or effort. If I enter the payment through QB Pro with the discount, SA does not recognize the discount and the customer has a past due balance. This can later be "adjusted" with more steps.
Second major problem: If you use QB Pro for accounting (purchasing material for jobs or using it out of inventory, and assigning the expense as billable to the customer) you can not easily add the billable charges from the QB Pro side and have it sync to the the SA side. YOU MUST MANUALLY SYNC EVERY TIME before switching from QB Pro to SA and vise versa if you are adjusting invoices to avoid losing data.

This program is mostly good for tracking time. It has good features and is pretty easy to navigate. Customer service has been very good and helpful.

We have not been able to reach our goal of eliminating paper records from the trucks, but still intend to do so, perhaps with SA involved. It's still too easy to lose data with SA in the trucks. I plan to continue working with the software to see if we can indeed get it where we need it to be during the slow season.

An observation about the company: The culture of SA is to push more products (acadamy, sync, training convention, etc...) and the constant statement that you need to "follow their program" in order to be successful. This is the only way you can do so. And the new products/ services keep coming, but I still see the same glitches in the core program. Maybe they should follow through with the original and make it a little stronger before chasing the next rainbow. .... I just keep getting the feeling like when I used to deal with a big bank. They want you to be so entangled with multiple accounts, programs, etc.. that even when you want to, it becomes difficult to extract your business from them.

Pros

time tracking converts to invoicing

Cons

Very weak on the accounting side. Minor glitches in the drop down boxes are annoying.

Jerred P.

Our Company Made A 180 Because Of This Program

Reviewed on 2016/09/02

When we started our lawn care company, everything was manual. We made our mowing routes in excel spreadsheets, hand wrote our invoices, were not very good at tracking accounts receivable (we likely lost a lot of money on this), etc. Since using Service AutoPilot our company has made a 180. We are able to use the app for our crews, invoices are created automatically when the job is completed, our A/R is better than it ever has been (with help from also being able to accept credit cards through the program)! Service AutoPilot has helped us tremendously and while there are small things that could be improved (certain reports being available is the biggest thing), the positives outweigh the negatives. I would 100% recommend this company to any service based business.

Kevin C.

The software that saved our business and took us to the next level

Reviewed on 2016/11/04

We just began using Service Autopilot at the beginning of the year and I must say as a small business owner IT HAS SAVED US. We went through absolute chaos this spring, literally doubling in size within only 2 months and quadrupling by the end of Summer. Without the ability of having everything so well organized and automated with this software I honestly don't think it would have been possible to handle so much growth. It doesn't matter how small of a company you think you are, if you're ready to take it to the next level this is the software for you and it will definitely make the "next step" a lot easier to tackle. On top of that Jonathan and his team are very friendly and easy to work with and always look for ways to improve. I wouldn't think twice about using any other software but this one.

Kevin Cordova
Arboreal Lawn and Landscape
Owner

Pros

The ability to schedule, route, track, invoice, and bill

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app acts funny

Mike A.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great ideas and features, too many issues

Reviewed on 2019/12/23

After submitting a solid dozen or so "Trouble tickets" for them to look into "Fixing" issues.... nothing ever comes of them. Its become quite the joke. It gets old. They are always pushing new features, in order to up the amount they can charge. They are fairly expensive compared to many others, but I was willing to pay whatever I needed to, in order to run an efficient company. With all of the issues they have, they fall flat. Oh, and they are upping their prices again in 2 months. I can't even justify the thousands I pay them already per year! So we are changing companies. Hopefully we will have better luck this go around.

Pros

Feature packed, routing, assigning jobs to crews, client data etc

Cons

Theres too many to count. Its become a joke around the office. The software is glitchy, and after 3 years of using it, we continue to find issue after issue. Payments that were entered somehow vanished, basic things such as being able to search for payments or other data is sometimes lacking as well. They seem to be in a HUGE rush to push the latest NEW FEATURE, that they never get any of the old features solidified. The snow plowing side of the software is completely different than the lawn side, which is very odd and requires learning 2 different ways of creating routes and dispatching crew etc.

Chris B.

Service Autopilot Review

Reviewed on 2017/09/02

Pros

We started using Service Autopilot December 2016 and it has streamlined our operations! Frees up so much time that we didn't have before and not sure why we waited so long to make the move. Routing capabilities, dispatch board, crew manangment, invoicing. Its a CRM that continues to get better. The best benefit... it has allowed us to focus more on the business so we can grow faster!

Cons

It took a little time to set up but that's really not an issue. For us, we waited to long to make the switch to SA.

Josh R.

Excellent

Reviewed on 2016/09/06

I do not even know how we would be where we are with out Software like Service Auto Pilot. Thinking back 3 years ago before we had it, I cant even imagine doing it now with out SA.

Palash D.

One of the best out there

Reviewed on 2015/05/16

Service Autopilot is one of the better dispatch software out there. I own a home cleaning service and it works very well. The company is constantly upgrading and adding new features. The president runs his own entrepreneur's group in which feedback on SA is constant.

Pros:
From the moment you capture a lead, the software takes over from automating estimates, converting, scheduling, dispatching and invoicing.

Full two-way QB sycn (desktop). I have not seen any other software out there that will sync both ways. This is extremely helpful because on startup SA will load up all your client's information and history so you don't have to load them up. Also, I accept payments through the QB e-check services which is then fed to SA.

You can batch charge credit cards. Say you have 50 clients that pay by credit card. Instead of charging each one individually, you just hit a button and SA does the rest.

Mobile APP works great for the cleaners. They get all their work instructions automatically to their phones and can start and stop jobs.

Cons:

The mobile APP works great for the cleaners but is not so great for the managers.
SA does not work very well on tablets although it works fine on a surface pro

Jeremy L.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Great software to run almost any service business!

Reviewed on 2016/09/20

We waited a few years before switching software to SA due to lack of features. Once features were there we made the switch and haven't looked back! It's a game changer for service businesses.

Pros

Functionality! It's always improving. Older software we used to use was never updated. Easy to use and you can actually "dumb" it down to just the features you need. Very customizable.

Cons

More consistency in the interface. Would like native Android and IOS apps. Would like to print receipts in truck when using mobiles.

David P.

Helped me organize the company.

Reviewed on 2015/01/30

I was a Service Autopilot user for several years starting around 2011. We switched from ServiceCEO. I recently sold my commercial cleaning company.

#1 Positive 'Frequency of Enhancements. The system improved a ton over the years we used it.
#2 Positive ' Really good customer service.
#1 Negative ' Our managers used Surface tablets and Service Autopilots app only works on Apple and Android devices. We had to use their mobile version that required constant internet service because we didn't use apple or droid devices. Inside some of the buildings our people couldn't get internet service.
#2 Negative ' They need inspection forms built in to the system. I don't know how they can't have this feature. I was told it is called forms and it is coming.

Todd C.

EDU Lawn Service

Reviewed on 2015/02/17

EDU Lawn Service is a nonprofit service that teaches students how to run their own business, using lawn service as a tool to achieve that goal. We searched over the course of months for a program that simplified as well as saved time. We now use SA as a teaching tool for our students learn and see concepts in action, such as job costing and implementing a rolling day to day cost benefit analysis. Students have been able to come up with their own solutions using SA's tools to become more efficient and bring their own ideas to the business world and test them. We are excited about our future with SA and implementing even more tools it offers to help us achieve our goals as well as provide a top notch service.

Ej M.

I have built 2 successful businesses with Service Autopilot and I couldn' have done it with...

Reviewed on 2015/07/11

I have been using Service Autopilot for more than 4 years now for 2 of my completely separate service businesses.
Both business are 95% self sufficient in part thanks to what Service Autopilot has been able to do in streamlining many day to day functions. It is easy to navigate and learn even for non tech savvy people like my self.
When and if there is an issue or a minor glitch (like with any technology) Service Autopilot is very responsive in handling issues.
There can be glitches from time to time but over all this software has been instrumental in building my businesses.

Vickie E.

Good Start!

Reviewed on 2016/09/07

Excellent customer service! There is always someone on the other end of the line available to assist with any questions or challenges we have!

Pros

Flexibility, Reports, Communication platform

Cons

I can't schedule multi-day services.

Tyler W.

Spectacular software

Reviewed on 2016/11/12

Service Autopilot has truly helped minimize the workload on office staff and has given us a mobile solution to going paperless. With many customizable options it is suitable for large scale companies to any small service company. Truly a great asset to have on your side.

Pros

Ease of use, productivity, and support.

Cons

There is so much it can do, that there is a learning curve to implementing everything.

Nathaniel P.

Once learned ... outstanding, does everything I need and then some.

Reviewed on 2015/03/25

Very difficult to pick up (still in learning process), which I think makes it difficult to implement because I (as the owner) am not confident in how well I know the program. I can see difficulties training future office help with this program.

With that said, once learned the program is amazing, customer service is great, and the people at service autopilot listen to our needs and I feel try to implement everyone's needs.