MaxxTraxx Pro

Automotive repair shop management software

4,7
4,6
Zainab T.
Industry: Automotive

Maxxtraxx Pro is the best out there

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Problems this software as solved for my autoshop includes:
1.Stopped the clashing of appointments totally

2. Give the technician sense of timing thereby making us meet up with the deadline of clients

3. Little errors when it comes to numbers in the inventory was solved and many more

Pros

Using maxxtraxx pro, as increased the dynamics of job done in the auto shop when it comes to do with timeliness, accuracy and the employers working diligently. In administrative department, it as been of great importance in the aspect of setting appointments (successfully helped in avoiding clashes of client), the tracking of work in progress as successfully put the technicians on their A game, the inventory and invoice tracking as helped when it comes to cost and quality of parts bought. The technicians also love the integration of the software with AllData app which is what they are familiar with and the account section also love the software. I would strongly recommend this software to anyone and its money well spent.

Cons

There is to much to learn after you feel you have gotten the hang of it, you discover something new, my advise is know the aspect of the software you want and capitalize on it.

Lori D.
Industry: Automotive

I love the software, but it's complicated.

Reviewed on 2020/08/03

The customer support is absolutely the best in any industry. I don't want to run them out of a job because they are all such great people, but it would be helpful to have a manual for how to do things... I never find what I need on line because the training videos are too basic. I have been compiling my own manual, but new things come up all the time and I have to call in quite often. The software is so complicated that there are so many features I am just now discovering. This is a good thing, usually, except that it is just not intuitive and it is clear that it is an older software that is being patched together with newer features. This is not a problem for me, as I am used to it, but I would say that if Bolton didn't exist, I would have started to look at other options for more robust digital inspections, click to pay, the workflow screen, the ability to easily email customers their bill and the ability to go paperless with real time integrated tablets.

Pros

The amount of features and the accounting package.

Cons

I wouldn't be able to pay more for the software because I have to use Bolton to fill in the gaps where the software is lacking. With Bolton, it is about the same price or higher than some of these new softwares that have more features. I might not miss the little details that I think I like with this software if I can get the Bolton features elsewhere.

Hank M.
Industry: Automotive

Good over all but lacking improvement over time.

Reviewed on 2017/05/31

Growing our business. But we were told going in that MaxxTraxx would be growing with us and we have not seen that on the soft wear side.

Pros

We can add our our parts in that we build in house much easier than other programs. Data moved over from our old system well.

Cons

Old school type menus, but the biggest thing is we can not stretch out big jobs over more than one day on the schedule.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Mike H.
Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 2020/08/08

Overall experience not bad but the biggest issue I am have with MaxxTraxx we have had several inssue from the start of using the software and these issues are very important to use and we have spoke with MaxxTraxx several times and told would be fix and it has been over 2 year and nothong has been done about it and at the currently time it is getting real old being told it will be look at and repair and never happens so at this current time we are starting to look into other software because we beleave it will never get repair and it seems like they just tell you what you want to here to get you off the phone....

Pros

easy to use, Tech support very good you can run credit cards threw the system.

Cons

Tracking PM's threw the software and scheduling system does not work corectly needs alot of help, the customer option has so little option driver option has just about no option not sure ehy they even have it in the system nost important thing for a driver there teliphone number and does have have a place for the driver number the report could use some help the digaital report option needs help

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Randy W.

MaxxTraxx Is The Automotive Shop Software With The Most Bang For The Buck

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

I Am Very Happy With My Decision To Team With Scott Systems and The MaxxTraxx Software. This Software Has Been Rock Solid. When There Was Something I Didn't Understand Or Needed Help With (Or Something I Messed Up) The Support Staff Have Always Been There To Get Me Back On Track Usually In Less Than A Minute. Best Money We Have Ever Spent In Our 35 years Of Being In Business.

Pros

From Inventory Control To The Ease Of Creating Service Repair Orders, Parts Counter Invoices And Marketing To And Communicating With Customers Through Email, Text And Through The Postal Service MaxxTraxx Has Been A Huge Part Of The Success Of Our Business. Their Support Team Is The Best Of Any Software Company I Have Ever Used. There Truly Isn't One Thing I Can Single Out As What I Like Most. Every Facet Of This Software And The Company That Stands Behind It Is A Package That Works.

Cons

I Have Been A Customer For Over 20 Years And There Has NEVER Been A Single Negative Issue With The Software Or The Company That Stands Behind It.

Claudia C.

Automotive liquid gold

Reviewed on 2020/09/11

I have to say that every person at Scott Systems that I have worked with has not given up on me until we have come up with a resolution or a work flow change that works in our business. I can't say that for most software companies. We tested three companies in the same year and we are glad we found MaxxTraxx. I might be their worst nightmare but they are my best friend because they help me figure out how to communicate the importance of tracking cores and returns and using price matrices. The system does this well and I have been able to recoup money from our vendors that we were just not tracking before.

Pros

Fully integrated software with vendors, merchant services, and quickbooks. Although you don't need to use quickbooks because it is also a complete system and can stand alone without any hiccups. Customer service is amazing.

Cons

I would say training but that is also not fair because I am exception to every rule so I am absolutely sure that training is perfect. I get training from customer service a lot because I push hard at using every feature.

Greg K.

dependable

Reviewed on 2020/08/12

Just like my impact wrenches and sockets, MaxxTraxx is an integral part of my business for the long term.

Pros

The whole package is very good. It has a few soft spots, but we can live with that. Updates could be closer together, but when they do come out, they are tried and true, not filled with bugs and work arounds. Customer support is always spot on. The software rarely locks up and comes back up with minor help. Most of the glitches come after Windows does an update and does things like require passwords across your network.

Cons

Texting and dvi input could be better. The next update promises both.

Art M.

Owner operator

Reviewed on 2020/09/11

Great company! I've been using MaxxTraxx for 28 years and there tech support team is always there when you need them. They keep the software updated.

Pros

The software has all the tools you need to succesfully run your business A-Z

Cons

I have always been satisfied with the product.

Stacy B.
Industry: Automotive

Outstanding product. Effortless to use, does it all. Customer service is superb.

Reviewed on 2020/07/29

Searched all over when I started my business and found this program, Priced right for what you get.Which is EVERYTHING that you need in the automotive industry. It has been top notch for over 6 years, customer service is a very easy to work with and super nice people that understand most issues that you might have with the product. I like it so much that I have sent a new customer to them.

Pros

Keeps everything in one place. Inventory, customers and everything else.

Cons

no Cons to this software. everything works flawless

Craig K.

Great group of people

Reviewed on 2020/08/04

Pros

I have used Scott Systems, Maxx Traxx since it was a DOS version. I have grown with the company getting new features and ordering parts online. They have always listened to my input for new advances. If there is a problem they are right on top of it in a hurry. I could not think of a better software to use for our company.

Cons

I guess I don't have any cons. They are cutting edge.

Nick M.
Industry: Automotive

MxxTraxx Pro is easy to use and has many features

Reviewed on 2019/08/11

Pros

It is full of many features. It really is a robust shop management system. Client management, inventory control, etc.... It integrates well with parts vendors online part ordering systems. Many features can be customized based on your preferences.

Cons

The scheduling/appointment system is lacking. We can create appointments, put estimated hours in but we can't schedule based on hours available per technician per day. I feel more attention needs to be put into this feature. We should be able to schedule work to techs from the appointment scheduler. Marketing features are a bit weak. There aren't many marketing features if you wanted to do your marketing in house.

Response from Scott Systems

Nick, thanks for the nice review. We appreciate the 15+ year relationship with you and your crew. In regards to the Schedule and Marketing features not being as strong as the rest of the program, we agree. When those modules were created, they were the best in the industry and still work extremely well. However, with the new technology that is available today, they can certainly be upgraded and improved for those shopowners that want the absolute best. Our plan is to concentrate on both of these areas in the next three months. Expect a call from us for input as to your needs in those modules. In the meantime, we have two major updates coming out over the next six weeks. that will continue the constant improvement we strive for in MaxxTraxx.

Gary S.

MaxxTraxx, One of The Best Auto Shop Point Of Sale Systems Out There

Reviewed on 2019/07/25

We have been a MaxxTraxx Pro user for over 10 years, we use it as POS, book keeping, inventory. We love it, it does everything we need at a competitive price and with great support.

Pros

CUSTOMER SUPPORT, Recently due to a health issue my life partner needed to learn how to use this software on the fly. She was able to get up and running almost immediately due to the intuitive user interface, but also phone support was essential in getting up to speed quickly.

Cons

It is a complex program, it can be difficult to find how to do a specific action, but no matter what you want to do this software has that capability.

Gary S.

MaxxTraxx Pro the best solotion for running an Auto Shop

Reviewed on 2018/09/27

Been using MaxxTraxx for 28 (?) years, changed over to the windows version in 2010 and never looked back. The changeover went well, their tech support is AMAZING. We love it, and would not use anything else

Pros

It has so many features, even after 10 years of using it I discover new things that it can do all the time. It does my customer intake, marketing follow ups, inventory, invoicing and my back room. It interfaces with Quickbooks and other accounting software so my accountant can log in and do his thing. It also has a plethora of different reports so I can see whats happening IN my business

Cons

It has a huge l;earning curve. A bit cumbersome to get through pages to the end result (i.e. having to click 3 or 4 times thru different fields to complete a task)

Kevin P.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Best purchase for our shop

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

Pros

SQL based, rock solid performance, networks well. Intelligently designed and works well in our RV shop environment. The parts ability has given us much greater control over our parts prices and purchasing. Takes a little to get used to and set-up the way you want but well worth the time and investment.

Cons

Could stand to have some more customizing options, it has a lot already for an SQL based app but it needs a few more. Added features take time to get in the program if they actually do.

Response from Scott Systems

Thanks for the nice review Kevin. We are working each day on ways to make the program better. If you have specific feature requests, please contact our Support Department or submit a Feature Request Ticket from the Help Menu in MaxxTraxx. As you may know, most major Feature Requests go to the Voting Board for all of our users to vote for while minor ones that we think will have value for the majority of our users are handled as soon as possible . We do our very best to add worthwhile new things while always trying to minimize program bloat. Please feel free to contact me anytime.

Stan S.
Industry: Automotive

Absolutely the best combination of value, ease of use , and functionality.

Reviewed on 2020/03/21

Great. Over the years we had very few problems and their help was always immediate and accurate when we did. We are closing our business and retiring and will miss connecting with our friends at Scott.

Pros

At first the ease of use, then the functionality, then the people at Scott Systems. It impossible to single out one aspect of this business; it is a great package.

Cons

Nothing at all. The software is so full of features we never found anything it would not do.

Frank S.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Great software

Reviewed on 2019/12/28

Pros

Accounting and payroll is very easy to use.
Everything is integrated great.
Full accounting system.
Best customer support i have ever had.

Cons

A better service due reminder system to flag when customers are due.

Response from Scott Systems

Thanks for the kind words Frank. It's nice to know our efforts are paying off for our family of users. We agree with the need for an improved reminder system. Expect to see it soon.

Nick M.
Industry: Automotive

MaxxTraxx Pro is great for shops

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

We have used MaxxTraxx for 13 years in shop and have found it to be a great program overall

Pros

I like the features of the program. There are too many to list here but it's a robust program sufficient for any automotive shop.

Cons

Slow to adopt new technologies as they become available.

Response from Scott Systems

Hello Nick. First and foremost, thank you for trusting us with your business since 2005. We are constantly adding to the program but we know it is never fast enough. I'll call you so we can go over any new tech that is of interest to you. It changes everyday as you know.

Byron R.

I TRIED THE REST NOW I FOUND THE BEST

Reviewed on 2016/08/19

IN ORDER FOR YOU TO KNOW IF AN AUTO SOFTWARE IS GOOD, YOU SHOULD HAVE TRIED SOME PROGRAMS TO KNOW THE GOOD FROM THE BAD. OVER THE LAST 20 YEARS I'VE USED AT LEAST 10. MAXX TRAXX IS THE BEST BY FAR.

Pros

EASE OF USE. THIS PROGRAM CAN BE USED TO WHAT EVER LEVEL YOU WANT. TECH SUPPORT IS GREAT. PRICE IS VERY REASONABLE.

Cons

THE ONLY CON YOU'LL GET IS THE COMPANY CALLING YOU TO SEE HOW YOU ARE COMING ALONG. THAT'S THE BEST CON TO HAVE.

Amanda B.

If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing!

Reviewed on 2012/07/09

Something else we love? The fact that it's 'Made in the USA'. It means the world to use that we are supporting an American business, and that when we call (or chat or email) for support, we speak with one of their team members that we have developed a relationship with, as opposed to a call center overseas who asks for our customer number each time our call is transferred.

Pros

We have been faithful subscribers of Scott Systems for over a decade, having initially converted to their software during the Y2K scare.

We've received calls from several other potential software vendors courting our business, but never has one been able to match the features that Scott Systems provides for the price.

We love their support and training resources. They enabled our transition to the the upgraded software version to be near seamless, and we also believe they will be a great orientation for new-hires.

We use the full accounting features, and it saves us the hassle of having to import/export and/or double entry of data. Further, the integrated Credit Card processing was SO simple to setup, and makes life a breeze- no separate terminal with tacky thermal paper rolls; the C/C confirmation prints directly on our invoices, which looks high-end.

Cons

Can't think of any cons, but I'm sure that if we do they'll add it to their list of feature requests and implement changes promptly!

Scott L.
Industry: Automotive

Can't say enough good things about this software!!! Awesome! Price reasonable. Great people!

Reviewed on 2017/06/23

Ease of use. Very functional. Cost effective. Dynamite support.

Pros

Cost vs. Benefit is off the charts. Unbelievably easy to learn and use. We were referred by another shop and have had the same experience - perfect! From scheduling to billing it's easy and fast.

Cons

As others have noted, you can't have an appointment/job stretch over more than one day. that leads to a lot of duplicate appointments to block off time.

Dave K.

maxx traxx

Reviewed on 2020/08/13

I have been with scott systems for 27 years, starting with Motor traxx and graduating up to Max traxx later. I have compared it to other offerings from other vendors and they all come up short in my opinion to Max traxx

Pros

Ease of use and constant product upgrades, good support

Cons

Can't think of anything that has bothered me lately

Christian C.

Christian's Take

Reviewed on 2020/07/28

Pros

This software helps me to stay organized.
Easily view labors
Creates clean cut invoices
Allows me to view current status of operation
Easily insert invoices

Cons

Hard to adjust and view inventory
Hard to break down various key factors ie parts gp, warranty vs normal work
Inventory could be adjusted better

Geopge Z.

Started with MaxxTraxx 1990 and Satisfied ever since

Reviewed on 2017/10/30

MaxxTraxx has grown with me over the last 28 years. I have kept up with technology and found MaxxTraxx to be superior to any other. Simple yet powerful

Pros

Allows my team to be very productive with the features any growing shop needs. Support is outstanding and lets me multi task while receiving quick responses.

Cheryl F.

Manager

Reviewed on 2020/08/19

Easy to learn and execute

Pros

Features link easily, information and history easy to obtain.

Cons

Some items/errors that a user may make are not easily deleted. This can be a good thing, but some things seem to hang.

Sharon D.

Great Customer Service/Tech Help

Reviewed on 2016/08/03

Such great software, been using Scott System MaxxTraxx Pro for at least 15 years. Great tech support, very friendly and helpful.