Loyal Zoo

Digital loyalty card service for SME retailers and eateries

Brianna F.

It's not bad

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

Overall, things have been good.

Pros

It was pretty easy to implement and the customer service was always really quick to help whenever I needed assistance. It is usually a pretty user friendly program and does what we need.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to give out specific rewards instead of blanket ones. I would like to be able to change the rate of regular rewards from 1:$1 to something else, preferably customizable based on my preferences. It would also be nice to be able to do triple or more rewards, rather than just double points. I would also like to have an auto-add of points when someone registers for the rewards program.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Brianna,

This is great feedback, thank you so much.

In regards to issuing a different 1:1 ratio with points, we do have a feature where you can give more or fewer loyalty points based on tagged inventory items. So. you can align loyalty points based on the margin you have on each item. I've placed an article here to show you how: https://help.loyalzoo.com/en/articles/844680-modify-automatic-points-clover-and-epos-now but if you do need more assistance just touch base at. [email protected]

We also have a special promotional tool that awards customers when they register and become "new" customers, it's called Handsfree Marketing and I've also left an article here on how to get set up: https://help.loyalzoo.com/en/?q=handsfree+marketing

The feedback on the double points has been sent to our product team :)

Shannon W.

Seamless with Clover

Excellent! Very pleased!

Pros

I love that this program integrates seamlessly with my POS system and it's very simple and easy to use. Installing it was a breeze! It's very easy to set-up a basic loyalty program, and I like the double points feature when I'm having special promotions in the store. I've been using it for almost 2 years and have been very pleased.

Cons

I've had a few minor instances in which the software wasn't working, but it worked itself out after a few hours and was up and running again.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Shannon,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We really appreciate it! Unfortunately, when you experienced things not working it was when your Clover POS was down and not passing us any of your customer orders and their data, so we could not give loyalty points automatically.

I find this happens on the odd occasion with Clover but when it does our software goes back to any of those missed orders at the time and gives points when Clover are back up and running.

Glad you're loving everything else : )

William P.
  • Industry: Tobacco

Not a bad product

Reviewed on 2019/06/28

Good programing, customer service is good just has a few limitations

Pros

Software input is easy to use.
Adding customers to Loyal zoo extremely easy

Cons

Text limit needs to be extended for text messages
Number of promotions per month month needs to be increrased. We are at the highest amount and it isnt enough.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey William,

Thank you for your kind review.

You may not be aware that you now have the ability to send more text with your promotions. You just need to write the extra content in the details section (instructions here: http://help.loyalzoo.com/en/articles/77547-how-to-setup-a-marketing-promotion).

In terms of more promotional messages, they are capped at 4/month because we want to ensure you have a high opt-in rate, rather than having a lot of "opt-outs" from your customers and deeming future promotions useless. You are more than welcome to download your customer list from our dashboard and send your own email marketing campaigns :)

For any further assistance/feedback feel free to start a chat with us or drop a note to [email protected]

Greg H.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Our customers really like using an electronic app vs. the old paper style punch cards.

Reviewed on 2018/01/18

Pros

I like the simplicity of it. It performs well and does exactly what I need it to do without trying to sell me numerous additional features which I'm not looking for. Also, the weekly reports are quite useful as well.
In the past when we've had minor issues the staff was very responsive and had us back up and running quickly. We haven't had any issues recently- it's probably been over a year now with everything working nearly flawlessly.

Cons

When we have to perform a customer "look up" it does not immediately indicate that the card has been punched. When we are busy this can cause some confusion. It used to work that way- assuming it's a fairly easy fix.

Jamie M.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Loyalzoo review

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

We have been happy with the product and the company. A couple of times I got a little frustrated with the method of communication but our issues are always resolved quickly and explained very well.

Pros

This is such an easy program to use. We have had very few minor mishaps and overall have been very happy with the convenience and ease of this product.

Cons

Really I have no complaints. We are very happy with the program.

Laura H.

Laura

Reviewed on 2019/06/29

Good, great customer base

Pros

Easy to use, free messaging to customer.
Quick help reply’s from customer service

Cons

Doesn’t fully automate with Epos now so it can be slow to add points at the till.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Laura,

Thanks so much for your kind feedback.

In regards to the integration with Epos Now we have an automatic points integration that was released as an option quite some time ago. Your account currently remains on manual points. If you wish to change to automatic points feel free to drop us an email at [email protected] :)

Ryan A.

Easy & Quick to get going

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

I have't every had any issues thus far, and I will continue using the software with hopes new improvements and flexibility are created in the future

Pros

simple to use, integrates with Epos Now & have the option to add points via app.

Cons

It isn't flexible for giving certain items different point values. We sell fuel, lottery, and other low margin items that is hard financially to want to give one point per dollar.

Francine G.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

The customer service is excellent, easy to use.

Reviewed on 2018/01/22

Pros

Ease of use, the software is very straight forward and easy to use. Interface is clear and concise.

Cons

Slow response - it seem like it has a short delay for the app icon on our pos. The integration also was a bit cumbersome for a new user to understand.

Nina A.

Unhappy

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

Have had problems since day one.

Pros

Easy features for customers to use points and redeem

Cons

Does not work well with the EposNow system i am using as my main register.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Nina,

Thank you for your feedback, we're always very appreciative.

I know the issue you are having is Epos Now POS loading our software which causes you slowness :(

We've trying really hard to get Epos Now to change their infrastructure so rather than loading our software each time and making it slow, there will be a solution for this longterm.

I do have another solution though for the immediate future, I'll get one of my colleagues to also give you a ring today to explain and follow up with the email we have on file for you.

Thanks!

Samantha M.

Loyal Review

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

Pros

Easy to use, convenient that customers can be looked up by name, phone number or email.

Cons

Reliant on employees to prompt customers to sign up for loyalzoo unless they're automatically signed up online.

Rainier A.

Great app!!

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Great Experience!!

Pros

Customer service, versatility, ability to contact the bracket of customers I want

Cons

Perhaps the ability to customize dashboards,

Eddie M.

Gym Style Memberships

Reviewed on 2018/11/02

Pros

It is easy to create new memberships. Our transactions and auto payments have gone well so far.

Cons

We wish there were more options and flexibility. For example, we would like to be able to create multiple memberships under the same name. It would be great to have the option of multiple memberships and auto payments under the same member. Our facility offers kids and adult memberships, but we cannot have both under the parents’ email address. We would also like options to track our members attendance as they come to the facility.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Eddie,

Thanks so much for your feedback. We have a way of allowing you to set multiple memberships for the same person. I'll drop you an email to let you know how to do it.

We also have a way of tracking attendance, you can do so by following instructions here: http://help.loyalzoo.com/memberships-and-recurring-payments/tracking-used-membership-benefits

Adrian B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Solid app but lacking in basic features.

Reviewed on 2019/06/24

Pros

Customer check in process. Search by name.

Cons

No cap on point redemptions. Need to refresh app regularly.

Jose F.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Great, the customers love it

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

great!

Pros

We had a loyalty program with printed paper cards before, but the clients would lose it or forget the cards. Now they have all their points recorded online and they love it.

Cons

it takes a little bit of time on checkout to record their points and to register clients, but nothing that major.

Kerry C.

Needed a change.

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

They were able to download our prior customers, and the use of the application has been super user friendly, and I could not be more satisfied.

Pros

The ease in use and awesome customer support has made our switch from another provider simply and seemless! Couldn’t be more happy!

Cons

Have not run int a con yet, and hope not to.

Ian P.

Great

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Pros

Easy to use and set up. Our customers love it.

Cons

I find the back office side of things a little difficult from time to time, but I am a bit of a technophobe!

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Ian,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. We'll definitely take this on board.

If you ever need any advice on using our software just chat with us directly from our software (there's a chat bubble bottom right) or drop us an email to [email protected]

We also have helpful tutorials at help.loyalzoo.com but give us a shout if you need some direction :)

Ben K.

Best Loyalty Program We Have Used To Date!

Reviewed on 2018/01/20

Pros

The price for what you get is really unbeatable. It has most of the features we need in a loyalty program. Love the 2x loyalty points and ability to push out promotions any time.

Cons

My only issue is so far I have been unable to figure out how to connect it to my WooCommerce store. It would be nice to be able to sync our customers that shop online and in store so they could earn points regardless their method of shopping.

Response from Loyalzoo

Thanks for your feedback Ben!
To connect to Woocommerce, you can use Zapier. Please check loyalzoo.com/integrations.
Cheers.

Hoang T.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Most bang for your buck

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

I love the ease and the pricing for this product makes it an easy choice

Pros

Loyal Zoo does exactly what I need it to do. It's a digital stampcard for clients that's very inexpensive and does everything other similar products offer.
1)You can customize your points
2)It has a history of clients' activities
3)It is inexpensive
4)You can also use their texting feature to text clients for promos
5)You can add notes for each client essentially creating a client profile

Cons

For the approximately 2 years that I've used Loyal Zoo there were no issues with the software itself. There was one problem when I was away from work and I needed to look up a client but forgot my password. I emailed them and I was not able to get it until the next day.

Brittany G.

A great loyalty program for small businesses

Reviewed on 2020/10/13

Pros

The software provides all of the basic and most important functions of a loyalty program, without extras, at a fair and reasonable price point.

Cons

While it is generally user-friendly, editing points or merging customers could be improved upon to make the experience even more user friendly.

Mike L.

Stuck With It...

Reviewed on 2021/03/19

I am stuck with this program because I'm stuck with a VERY poorly supported EPOSNow system. It's the best worst option.

Pros

It works with EPOSNow, which was an even bigger mistake that I'm also stuck with.

Cons

The interface should be seamless to implement, but it isn't. In EPOSNow, you've got to exit one application and go into another to do any editing of the customer record. While in the Back Office, you can not ring up customers.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We always really appreciate it.

We're in talks at the moment with Epos Now about changing their infrastructure so it's a much faster process switching between Epos Now and our software. Just a heads up, you can just simply create and select customers using the Epos Now customer CRM when closing orders and Loyalzoo will still give points automatically. Therefore you'll only have to switch to Loyalzoo when redeeming a reward. If you want me to call you and explain over the phone let me know by sending an email to [email protected]

Thanks Mike!

Wendy P.
  • Industry: Tobacco

Glad I switched

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Excellent

Pros

Less expensive than other companies out there and better customer service!

Cons

I miss being able to write notes on customers accounts

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for your kind and lovely feedback.

I just wanted to let you know that there is a comments section in each customer profile where you can write notes :) You'll be able to add notes when you register a customer or by tapping the "edit" button in their profile.

This feature is available from the in-store software - store.loyalzoo.com

If you need anything else, feel free to drop us an email at [email protected] or chat with us on our chat system.

Joe S.

Review for use with the Clover POS

Reviewed on 2018/10/26

This is a cheaper alternative to other loyalty programs, but limits you in quite a few ways

Pros

It was an easy transition from 5 Stars program to Loyalzoo. Anytime we had an issue, Loyalzoo was very quick to help correct. They are easy to along with and get ahold of. The software took a lot of work from my employees freeing them up for other work.

Cons

I don’t like the promotion limits and other limitations they have.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Joe, thanks so much for your feedback! We've just updated our promotions feature so you can include images and as much content as you like, it would be great to understand what you mean by limitations. We're always improving and creating new features based on what our clients need so feel free to drop us a note at [email protected]

Ben K.

Pretty Decent Loyalty Program

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

Overall Im pretty happy with LoyalZoo, I just wish it had a few more features and not such limited SMS messaging.

Pros

Its a pretty simple to use interface and offers basic loyalty features as well as limited SMS messaging.

Cons

There really isn't a good way to integrate it into our online shopping cart WooCommerce so it really only works for us in store.

Response from Loyalzoo

Hey Ben,

Glad to hear you are loving our system. In terms of connecting your in-store loyalty program with your e-commerce, you can use our Zapier integration to do so, instructions are available at help.loyalzoo.com

With SMS messaging, feel free to drop us a note at [email protected] to explain the limitations. We SMS point notifications, your blast marketing messages and promotions to your VIP, New and Slipping away customers which is far more than what any of our competitors offer.

We're always improving the product based on your feedback so feel free to send us any comments along the way. Cheers!

Fonda C.

Manager

Reviewed on 2018/11/06

If customer can check in by own , not our cashier have to do it.That will be much more easier . Thank you.

Pros

I like this reward account software. Easy check in with customer phone number. Automatic earning points. Much more better then punch reward card, it may lost or forgot. The handsfree marketing is so cool!

Cons

Build up your own relationship with customers

Response from Loyalzoo

Hi Fonda,

The customer can check-in themselves already by either downloading the Loyalzoo app on their smartphone or by using our customer facing check-in feature for tablets. Here's instructions on how to set it up: http://help.loyalzoo.com/using-loyalzoo-in-store/how-to-get-customers-to-register-themselves-in-store

We'll be releasing a customer facing solution to Clover hopefully in the next couple of weeks. Customers will be able to sign up or check-in with their email or phone number directly from the Clover device :)

Enjoy!

Catherine O.

Can't say enough good things about this app

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Pros

I searched high and low for a reward app that fit my needs. After using Loyalzoo for a month or so, I decided to try another app to compare. I went back to Loyalzoo within hours of trying the other app. The people are Loyalzoo are amazing. Customer service is wonderful and they're always willing to take suggestions to improve the app. My business relies on Loyalzoo on a daily basis and they keep improving it.

Cons

I wish the comment field was a little bigger but they are working on that and it may be bigger by their next update (because they actively listen to suggestions).

Response from Loyalzoo

Thanks for your lovely feedback Catherine!
And yes, a bigger comment field will be part of our next big release in a couple of weeks time, and search will also search within comments :-)