User Reviews

4.5/5 (17 reviews)
Evelyn R.

Conversion rate UP

Reviewed on 2016/08/24

I started using UserEngage when I began to struggle with a low conversion rate on my side. I couldn't afford well-known platforms and I found UserEngage on Quora as the alternative.

Pros

+ super advanced marketing campaign builder
+ easy to install (custom script, JS)
+ custom attributes you can add

Cons

- advanced Actions can be confusing
- basic look of a live chat (but I see they improved it though)

Response from UserEngage

Thank you Evelyn! Yes, we know that the number of functions may be overwhelming ... but with our step-by-step guide and Customer Support, I'm sure you will be able to build powerful campaigns!

Monika S.

Some fedback

Reviewed on 2016/08/24

Hey. Wanted to share my quick feedback about userengage experience. Actually, the idea is cool, guys, your customer service is awesome, after few days i've already understood how to use the main functions, love testing your actions everyday. It needs to be more functionable, but the idea is great.

Pros

Customer support is pretty quick! Nobody wants to waste their time for waiting answers. I hate asking something from Customer support service, cause almost all of them are not answering at all or it took ages waiting, but you made me change my thoughts, Bravo)) Love design, that everything in right place

Cons

i took a look at some Youtube videos on your channel, good idea, it's better for me to actually SEE your functions in action without explaining in chat.
and there was some difficulties with building the ACTIONS, need more time to analyse it deeper.

Response from UserEngage

Thank you for your feedback! Appreciated!

7.0/10

Happy client

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

I am a user since the early beta so we’ve seen the progress of the app. It’s collosal. They do titanic work in development.

Right now we use it for A/B testing, automatic live chat, pop-ups and forms.

If you like tweaking with conversion it should do. It gathers lots of data to play with. Once you master the tool it does miracles
I guess it’s a strong standard for marketing automation.
reaaaaly cheap as for something this complex.

Arnoldas R.

Just do what intend to very well

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/11/23

Pros

Many functions, that usual doing several tools, do very good and reason why most value provide - all connected and managed as one system. And value is great. Just compare how much usually have to pay for separate tools: for chat, for email marketing automation, for popups, for user help system,.... In many replicates what Intercom do. And do it, must say , well. I like support too. Quick enough (at least in Europe time zone, do not know how in other zones).

Cons

Was some bugs in the older version that sometimes made me mad. User filtering sometimes not worked. But all that was solved in the new version and added some great new features.

Intelligent Automation that is easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/06/06

Pros

The automation features within User are fantastic. We currently use it within our cloud-based SAAS product and it is just amazing. Triggering context relevant help and prompts to make sure our users get the assistance they need, when they need it. And really easy to set up, including setting up the filtering and A/B roadmaps.

Cons

The only real downside to User is the alerts on the chat. Personally, I like quite a persistent or at least obvious notification. This might not be true from everyone, but I often worry that I will miss a chat because I didn't hear the alert or it wasn't obvious enough.

As I say, small downside and probably a very personal preference.

Gerald H.

All the features you need for a friendly price for a startup

Reviewed on 2016/08/24

I was looking for a tool as intercom but that turn out the be way more expensive. This does the trick... provide me with the features i want to have. Getting started with the free account is great to learn to tool.

Pros

- easy interface,
- lots of features
- can replace mailchimp for mail automation and
- easy to create complete triggers based on user actions

Cons

- i can not yet connect it with zapier or my crm (insightly)
- Knowledge base good be extended with more detail info on features.

Response from UserEngage

Thank you very much for your review Gerald!

Dina V.

UserEngage experience

Reviewed on 2016/09/08

I needed tool which would help me to communicate with my customers, plus create marketing campaigns. Basically I got a lot of cold emails, but never understand how it works. User Engage by being so easy, help me to track what visitors really want and likes. Thanks a lot for being helpful!

Pros

Modern look ,
cool feature actions: I build my own marketing campaign, it's awesome ! they have a lot of different features as a live chat, actions.. they are very friendly, and they adding updates which are very useful! The among of people tracking in their plan so big so I thought has there is a trick, but no!

Cons

some bugs, still under development, it's happens that some part of app stop working. but the issues was fixed very fast.

Response from UserEngage

Thanks Dina, awesome the tool is working well for you :) We're working our socks off to have all the bugs fixed immediately!

Software with a lot of potential but significant number of errors

Reviewed on 2018/03/10

Pros

It surely offers a lot of functions - chat, email campaigns, CRM, marketing automations. It has potential to became an all-in-one platform. Support team, yep, UserEnagages support is AWESOME. Other companies could learn from them.

Cons

UX is simply TERRIBLE, to tell the truth it took me a lot of time to get around some features like sending email campaigns. Mobile app is almost non-functional, so it is safer to assume that there is no mobile app. Web app is SLOW, terribly slow. Chat has a lot of bugs, sometimes it is hard to get ahold which conversation is new.

3.0/10
Rafal O.

Flexible and responsive

Reviewed on 2016/08/24

We're using UserEngage with a small team of two. While you might sometimes need to lurk around to find a specific feature, everything's there. It's a real Swiss army knife of chat & marketing, and the customer service the team provides the icing on the cake.

Pros

Customer service, customization, robustness without sacrificing light weight.

Cons

Certain features/functions are less visible/hard to find.

Response from UserEngage

Thanks Rafal! We'll do our best to make the functions more visible.

Volkan O.

Bad customer support, administration and misleading information

Reviewed on 2018/04/01

Pros

I like to use real-time chat and lead generation tools. I can see all visitors on the admin panel and their countries.

Cons

They have bad customer support and administration. I applied a free plan some years ago and when I was applying, it was written it's lifetime free. But later they removed free plan and I see a message on the admin panel that is "Time to pay". I told it's not a good approach to say "Time to pay" but they don't understand. It was misleading because the free plan should be continued but it wasn't. Yesterday, I've got an email from them, it's written I have 0 new customers... like that. I logged in the admin panel and I still couldn't use any functionality but "time to pay" text was gone (good move). I wanted to delete my account but I couldn't reach settings page. I need to apply a plan to reach settings page in the admin panel. I used real-chat and wrote that "please delete my account" but I still have an account and they didn't delete my account yet. I hope they delete my account and they never contact me anymore.

0.0/10
Bartosz C.

Great app

Reviewed on 2016/11/30

I use it as a completely non-teckie customer and I haven't had any troubles so far. My dev implemented it on our website and I took it from there. For my personal use it has all it takes. Important that the support team takes their job seriously. What I use everyday is live chat, showing forms, personalized newsletters and tracked cold emails. Easy stuff. Recommend the software for non-nerds.

Aleks B.

Awesome Customer Messaging Platform

Reviewed on 2017/01/10

Our company were using Intercom for 1.5 years. However, as one of our team members found UserEngage, it become more obviously that Intercom is way too expensive, and UserEngage is a great alternative. Maybe they don't have 100% functionality what Intercom has, however, they do have most improtant things. Also, they're different. With much stronger base in MARKETING AUTOMATION.

Pros

Covers most needs for customer messaging

Cons

Some minor software bugs. Which is understandable, because the startup is new

Response from UserEngage

Thank you Alex! It's great to know you appreciate the automation capabilities of UserEngage.

Ruud S.

Good chatting tool

Reviewed on 2017/09/01

Customer Interaction.

Pros

The trigger messages and the chatting tool features. Also, the layout of the chat option on the website looks cool!

Cons

The newsletter template tool doesn't work very convenient. Mailchimp is way better for that, so we design them there and export to HTML.

Bartosz G.

Easy growth hacking

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

Easy growth hacking
If you are into growth hacking this is something for you. The API is great: you can connect it with apps, crawlers or fb campaigns. Really do some serious growth sorcery.
It saves tons of work with SQL, managing database and automation. It has some fairly robust forms and pop-ups mechanisms. API docs are well written and updated, no problems with that. Devs answer live chat queries which is rather rare and you don’t end up talking about API with the marketing guy.

Pros

- well written api docs and tech support
- does the boring stuff for you
- nicely plays with other apps

Cons

exports and imports go slow, especially from Intercom

Michał W.

Straightforward software

Reviewed on 2016/11/30

It’s quite easy to use, so you get the hang of it pretty fast. In my case ( Wordpress website) I could connect via a plugin so that wasn’t troubling. The features to me are more than enough. I focused on personalized chat messages and behaviour triggered mailing and that is something UserEngage does very well. As an alternative to live chat it’s like 10/10, as alternative to mailing service i’d say 8,5/10, but having everything in one place with user tracking data is just more handy.

Pros

simplicity, quick implementation, handy support team

Cons

sometimes it’s loading pretty slow

Chris ..

Great Value

Reviewed on 2016/09/08

The app works ok and customer support is helpful when bugs or issues come up. Might not be as well designed as intercom but that's not a problem when you figure it out

Response from UserEngage

That's right, the software is a bit rough, but our policy is to give back with extended functions and support :)

Hannah W.

Great software with excellent UI

Reviewed on 2017/09/25

Pros

I'm a fan -- their WordPress integration is great and is able to pick up on user signups automatically. UserEngage has great UI and so I was able to get up and running right away with no problems. If you're a business and looking to communicate with visitors and customers, you should give it a try.