Geekbot

4,8
4,8
Alex B.
Industry: Computer Software

A less intrusive team check-in for remote teams that's easy to use

Reviewed on 2019/10/17

Geekbot allows for us to have more regular check-ins and stand-up meetings with employees on a remote team. Being on a remote team is quite lonely at times and having Geekbot be a non-committal daily check-in really helps us stay on the same page with our team.

The other reports are interesting and I'm excited to collect more datapoints over-time to get a nice gauge on how the team is feeling as a whole.

Pros

The interface is incredibly easy to use and the onboarding/setup was super clean. I have used other players in the space like Standuply and felt somewhat overwhelmed with functionality. Geekbot has a far better UI/UX and reporting process. We have found our home with Geekbot.

Cons

That there is no free tier. We are a small team and many of their competitors have a free tier for small teams. It has gotta be tough competing with that, but they are definitely taking a step in the right direction with their simplicity and superior UX.

I do wish that you could default the manual "report" check-in functionality as we have a daily check-in and a bi-weekly retrospective. 99.9% of the time you are going to do the daily check-in manually by typing "report", but it has you select which of the 2 reports you want to report on.

Response from Venturegeeks

Appreciated the time spent and your kind words here Alex :)

Hope that we will continue to fill the high standards you set for us!

Mathieu R.
Industry: Telecommunications

Easy, quick and just what we needed

Reviewed on 2020/10/19

Pros

So easy to deploy, manage and customize to our needs, this is exactly what we needed in this pandemic. We are now 9 people working remotely and Geekbot just makes things so easier for us in this context. Slack integration is as easy as it is a lifesaver!

Cons

We've only tested the basic features but are priced for the full thing. Segmented pricing options would be great for small startups like ourselves, maybe?

Response from Venturegeeks

Thanks for letting us know how we can improve Mathieu :)
It's always nice to get some real feedback!

Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Simple to use, Easy to "Break"

Reviewed on 2020/11/11

Pros

Integration with Slack is incredibly useful and simple. Keeps myself as well as my team up to date with progress.

Cons

If I forget to post a response for a check-in and decide to do that the next day before the check-in time, I will not be prompted for a response. Geekbot should ask for a response exactly as scheduled and should not depend on whether you've given a response that day or not.

Response from Venturegeeks

Thanks for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on Geekbot :)

If you are referring to reminders for your standup, then you can easily set them up from your dashboard under the My Preferences section inside the standup of your choice.
Feel free to reach out in order further understand the case here and hopefully we can resolve this asap!

Lesti W.
Industry: Computer Software

Key feature for our product team.

Reviewed on 2020/11/06

Pros

- Remote asynchronous stand-up
- The micro reports in Slack every day
- The ping every morning to avoid forgetting
- The dashboard to see the answers, the mood, globally or on a specific period

Cons

The log-in by Slack for each log-in to the tool. I would love something that remember me when I log-in?

Response from Venturegeeks

Thanks for taking the time to write a review Lesti :)
If you ever find a little bit more time, please reach out to our customer support Team in order to explain us further your feature request here, thanks

Seisei T.
Industry: Political Organization

Simple yet powerful tool

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

We use this for a daily gratitude practice with the team--really smooth

Pros

Interface is simple to understand, daily survey was easy to create and implement, no glitches in execution, and all the responses are rounded periodically into one report that gets sent to the admin via email

Cons

No ability to aggregate and report all responses into one report that gets delivered at a specific time

Response from Venturegeeks

Appreciated your feedback Sensei, we would definitely take your suggestion into careful consideration :)

Martin A.
Industry: Biotechnology

Great for dispersed teams.

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

Pros

Really easy to setup, only moments to get going. Adjusting the reports and adding/removing participants is a breeze through the nicely designed web UI. Also, this bot is great for suitable for check-ins of at any interval about any topic also. The flexibility around where the answers go in slack is nice, all permissions are handled through slack for this viability of the report answers.

Cons

Finding really difficult to fault this software. The only thing I would mention is that to the best of my knowledge a thread cant be created per answered question of the report in slack, only for all questions as a whole. There have been times where I have a few comments of a users report and it would be nice to categorise them per answer rather than per report.

Response from Venturegeeks

Appreciated both the pros and the cons you mentioned here Martin :)
Thanks for taking the time to write a review, it's always nice to hear how we can further improve!

Olga F.
Industry: E-Learning

Productivity Boost

Reviewed on 2020/04/14

We use Geekbot for our virtual standup. We configured it in a way that it asks for a report in the evening. So we write what we've done today and what we are going to do tomorrow. This way we have our next day planned in beforehand which is great for the mental health cause having a day planned helps you sleep at night tight :)

Pros

Geekbot helps our team being productive and efficient.

Cons

Sometimes it gets crazy and forgets about some team members or sends the report reminder in strange times :)

Response from Venturegeeks

Appreciated mentioning the pros and most importantly the cons of Geekbot, Olga :)
It's always nice to learn what can you do to improve more and if at any case this is still bugging you, please reach out to our customer support in order to get this sorted the soonest!

Damian V.
Industry: E-Learning

Geekbot supports me in managing my remote team

Reviewed on 2020/04/09

Pros

I have built a habit waking up and then joining my team's standup meeting. I love this product as I can provides me with data on how my team is feeling and at the same time I know what everyone is working on, which is sometimes hard when your run a remote company

Cons

Nothing comes to mind....Well maybe if the moment I post my stand up update, Geeky would order my daily coffee. That would be cool :)

Response from Venturegeeks

Haha! We have to definitely consider that option as well Damian :)
Thanks for sharing!

Paul A.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Teach to learn, learn to teach

Reviewed on 2020/03/19

As a software engineer it is important to always be up to speed with the code being written in your company. Even when the code doesn't directly impact what you're working on today, it does impact your code.

We use Geekbot each day in Slack to request engineers post updates to what they've learned. By doing this, we're able to monitor potential areas of mentorship.

We are a company that thrives on learning, and Geekbot makes the overall understanding of how we're doing that, much easier.

Pros

Geekbot makes it very easy to prompt our engineers via Slack, offering a couple of very easy straightforward questions: What did you learn today; How will you use that in production?

This ease of use and consistency makes viewing the results very fast. Of course, if they are simply too busy, it can easily be dismissed, so it doesn't become annoying, and therefore continues to be used.

Cons

I can honestly say that since using Geekbot, I have not found a single issue with it. Maybe we could use more of its potential, but for what we need right now, it is 100% the correct tool for the job.

Response from Venturegeeks

Amazing real-life story here Paul, thanks so much for sharing :)
You are setting a high bar for us and hope that we will continue to help your team learn and innovate!

Industry: Automotive

Perfect digital standup

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/08/18

Very possitive. We've been trying many tools in the past but the team never really used them. however they all seem very happy with Geekbot and took minimal implementation effort from the management team to make it happen

Pros

Easy to setup
Easy to get everyone to user
Nice overview of peoples daily tasks
Doesn't disturb people unnecessarily

Cons

Our team works in regions with 2 different weekends. so would be nice if you could set a personal weekend e.g Friday, Saturday for Dubai and Saturday, Sunday for Europe.

Response from Venturegeeks

Thanks for sharing both the good and where we need to improve more!

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Best slackbot for doing standup meetings

Reviewed on 2019/01/11

Pros

- Ability to edit private DMs and silent publishing to the channel
- Ease of configuration, templating, onboarding
- Love the engagement survey/reminder to nudge
- Pleasant/engaging customer support
- Quick reply status for repeating the same status from the previous day

Cons

- Doesn't always start on time
- Suffered from extensive delays a few times (20-30 minutes between questions)
- Unable to manage other standups (I purchased for several teams but I'm unable to see/configure their settings)
- Response times from customer support are a bit slow even via intercom (expect 1-2 business days, sometimes longer)
- Timeline performance (dashboard view) for summarization sometimes lags

Response from Venturegeeks

Thanks for taking the time to make us better :)

Although, I do believe that we improved in all of the aspects you mentioned in cons, we would definitely take these into careful consideration and try to improve more :)

Tom B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Indispensable insight into what the heck I do all day

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

As an extremely busy senior practictioner in a remote startup, geekbot gives me invaluable insight both into what my coworkers are doing and into what the heck I actually do. Along with Harvest, I often use it to answer questions about where my time went yesterday and where today's time is intended to go.

You might think I'd be annoyed by the daily questions, but in fact I am greatly reassured that my time is being intelligently spent and, when there are problems meeting those goals, that I understand why.

I don't think remote teams should operate without it.

Pros

* Reminds me to give my standup report, without overdoing it
* Together with Harvest, allows me to piece together a narrative of what I actually do
* Zero-friction self-management tool

Cons

* I used to say "a pain to edit later," but they fixed that: if you edit what you've entered in the geekbot channel, your corrections immediately show up in the group channel. Nice.

Response from Venturegeeks

Highly appreciated your exact use case here Tom :)
Thanks for your kind words and trust you are showing at Geekbot, hope that we will continue to feel your needs.
Kudos!

Batikan K.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Improved Productivity

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Geekbot allowed us to implement daily standup culture within our team without leaving Slack. We are a distributed small team that has members from 3 different countries, and we manage our daily standups + retrospectives through Geekbot. So far it has helped everyone to get up-to-speed with how to approach the project management culture we are trying to implement and it allowed everyone to see the progress being made, documented and openly appreciated.

Pros

It is easy to use. You just set it up and that's it, it is completely integrated with Slack, so you don't need to go to the dashboard to manage anything, you can handle a lot of stuff by just communicating with the bot. It is really easy to use and allows keeping everyone up to date.

Cons

It failed once or twice throughout our whole usage which caused some questions to be delivered late, but those were only small glitches. Overall, it is a pretty stable product.

Response from Venturegeeks

It is always nice to hear a real customer story, Batikan :)
Thanks so much for sharing!

Jeremie C.
Industry: Consumer Services

standup meetings made easy for small remote teams with hectic schedules

Reviewed on 2017/10/02

Pros

At Trackener, we are a small startup (5 team members) and we are following the agile methodology. Standups are important for us to know on a daily basis who's doing what, and make sure our team is always focusing on what matters the most.

We had trouble finding an hour to schedule those standups since our CEO is always on the move, one of our team members is working part time mostly on evenings, and we often all work remotely.

Doing it on Slack with Geekbot, whenever someone starts his workday, was really a good idea because it enables us to keep that good habit of daily reporting our work while not necessarily doing it all at the same time. Among the interesting features that Geekbot provides are the reminders (if you don't do your standup, expect to be harassed!) and it tells you what you commited to do the day before, when you start your report.

We've used it daily in our team for more than 3 months and it's totally part of our daily routine.

Cons

There are a lot of features that we do not need though (like the dashboard, tracking, etc).

Response from Venturegeeks

Thanks Jeremie for sharing your view and describing on how Geekbot can help a small team (as us) to communicate and stay on track :)

Yuriy L.
Industry: Design

The best solution to keep a team informed

Reviewed on 2019/09/04

Perfect. Work daily and are happy :)

Pros

Very convenient tool to synchronize a remote team. We use it as a text daily standup as well as for being informed about overall team health. So it's a very big friend for managers and I can recommend it for any remote team

Cons

Seriously, we're fully satisfied. Don't know what to say about cons

Response from Venturegeeks

Glad Geekbot is a good fit for your remote team, Yuriy! Thanks for your kind words :)

Porter B.

Simple, straightforward, useful, and fun.

Reviewed on 2018/05/22

Pros

Easy to configure our group, and we loved a few options:
1) Managing different timezones
2) Customizing the messaging for the standup to fit our culture

Cons

Nothing really. We tried several Slack standup integrations and this was the only one our team liked and didn't find annoying. :)

Response from Venturegeeks

Thanks for your kind words,Porter! Glad Geekbot is helping your team sync and maintain your company's culture. :)

Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Great product for teams!

Reviewed on 2019/03/19

Pros

We are a distributed small team that has members from 3 different countries, and we manage our daily standups + retrospectives through Geekbot. Geekbot allowed us to implement daily standup culture within our team without leaving Slack. So far it has helped everyone to get up-to-speed with how to approach the project management culture we are trying to implement and it allowed everyone to see the progress being made, documented and openly appreciated.

Cons

It's so simple, also there are some preset meetings for daily standup or retrospective, etc. They're really helpful to us.

Response from Venturegeeks

When you read positive feedback in both pros and cons, it feels awesome :)
Thanks for sharing this!

Geekbot for University Research Project

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/03/03

Geekbot staff and the bot have both been exceptional, proactive, and helpful.

For a student project that demands steady progress amidst other responsibilities, Geekbot creates a level of accountability that keeps the entire team in motivated and in the loop.

Pros

Customizable - able to set up days and times that meet the projects demands.

Engaging - private fun messages to motivate use.

Increases Accountability and Transparency - having a bot send out messages helps separate Scrum Master from becoming Scrum Overlord.

Efficient and concise - avoids the quick stand-up meetings that turn into long complex code reviews or water cool chats about the weekend.

Cons

No complaints. Works as advertised and the webhooks/API allow for scraping data to where we want to keep our records.

Response from Venturegeeks

Much appreciated your kind words :)
Hope you still using Geekbot for your everyday communication!

Oscar A.
Industry: Hospitality

Amazing tool for our daily operation and communication

Reviewed on 2020/07/10

It has substantially improved our communication and organization for error detection and improvements proposals that were not treated efficiently before

Pros

Very easy to configure and use. All the people in our team, from technology experts to those ones who have a hard time dealing with these things, use it to the perfection. The organization and communication of our different departments improved like never before. The support team is very attentive and quick to solve any issuel

Cons

I can't think in anything bad, it fulfills its purpose perfectly

Response from Venturegeeks

Always nice to hear how Geekbot fit in into a team and hope that we will continue to serve in the best way possible :) Thanks Oscar!

Pierre-alain G.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

One of the most efficient tool we use

Reviewed on 2020/06/03

Pros

It's handling our standup almost entirely asynchronously. Brings a lot of discipline, visibility, and helps us save a LOT of time (not 30 mins standups anymore)

Cons

Nothing is missing for me. I would personally love it if they gamified it a little bit, but this is in the "bonus points" category.

Response from Venturegeeks

Thanks so much for your review Pierre-Alain :)
Feel free to reach out in order to discuss the gamification option further.

Aditya P.
Industry: Automotive

About Geekbot

Reviewed on 2018/12/15

Overall experience is good

Pros

The product is very much useful specially for technology .

We can even attach files and send it to the team where swiftly.

The most interesting feature of the product is shortcut commands.

Cons

Its difficult to send multiple text. We have create snippet and then send it.

Response from Venturegeeks

Much appreciated Aditya :)

If you still facing any difficulties, please pass by the support in order to find a more efficient way of do that :)

Natalie A.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great tool for multi-location teams.

Reviewed on 2019/01/15

Pros

Its a great tool for teams who are wanting to run stand ups. Its helpful as you don't have to dial in everyday and people can still get visability over progress and blockers. It can easily be configured to prompt you at a flexible time.

Cons

Nothing its pretty easy to use. Sometimes it can pop up on weekend but I need to configure the times properly I think.

Response from Venturegeeks

Thanks so much for your lovely feedback Natalie :)

Luiz O.
Industry: Education Management

Best slackbot for doing standup meetings!

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

Pros

All the standups are customizable. You can have many teams as you like, each with a different standup, including questions and schedules.

We've used it daily in our team for more than 6 months and it's totally part of our daily routine.

Cons

The leak of support for some languages on default answers. You can skip some questions or the entire report, but you have to use the specific keywords. Customize those words would be great.

Response from Venturegeeks

Thanks for your kind feedback Luiz :)

If you still need adding more discard, please open a ticket and we can handle that on our end!

Jake M.
Industry: Real Estate

Geekbot - a valuable tool for offshore teams and nice people to work with

Reviewed on 2018/08/13

The team was very helpful and their software does exactly what we need it to do. Thanks Geekbot!

Pros

The reports functionality and being able to customize it and trigger it for specific days of the week

Cons

For our usage, there is nothing lacking right now.

Response from Venturegeeks

Glad we're helping you guys. Thanks for your kind words ;)

Emily B.

I used geekbot to facilitate scrum for my team located in the US (east and west coast) and India

Reviewed on 2017/08/09

Pros

Geekbot really helped information flow between our US and India teams. It was originally hard for us to keep track of what everyone else was doing, and there was no convenient time to have a scrum because of the 12 hour time difference. After using geekbot, people were able to jump in and help others because they knew what they were working on. It also helped increase the accountability on the team by having a team wide commitment to what everyone was working on.

Cons

I wish there was integration with Jira - that way, you can easily see the tickets others are working on without having to search them yourself. I've been told this integration is coming, though!

Response from Venturegeeks

Truly appreciate your kind words. We're really happy Geekbot is a great solution for your team and promise we will integrate with Jira shortly!