AppSheet

Mobile app creation for technical and non-technical users

Mavares P.

Develop an App to suit you.

Reviewed on 2018/07/14

Develop the master programmer in you

Pros

How many times have we not wanted the PPPs to adapt to our needs? This dream has come true; With AppSheet you can create your own applications directly from any of your smart devices and with your own data. Completely compatible, both with your iPhone and with the Android system, and the best thing is that your data, spreadsheets, or any other information, even those that you use frequently in the clouds, can now be more at hand than before. One of the many advantages is that your applications adjust in a personalized way, and to the extent that your creativity and your needs increase, in the same way you can add quickly and easily, all the features that you can think of or that you need and without having to be a professional developer, then you share them with the people who need it

Cons

Like any system, it is important to remember that, in order to achieve its optimal understanding and development, it is necessary to enter and relate directly and personally to the application, which is why users should be aware of their needs, so that later, can try different solutions for your needs. Remember that although there are free versions, also the paid versions offer a wider range of possibilities and developments.

Anne P.

Opportunities to advance with technology exist

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

I have created something new, nobody has seen anything like it before. Without AppSheet offering considerably reasonable fees for Public Apps, my start up would not exist. AppSheet has allowed me the leg up I require to gather and collect an "Aussie Renters community" offering assistance in an area they have been left to struggle in for far too long. I am grateful that AppSheet has allowed me to create my idea into an App, something that would have cost $80,000 to write with a programmer, the only reason why I didn't create this
a decade ago.

Pros

The Utube videos and support offered by AppSheet made it possible to create an App the way I wanted it to run.

Cons

My App runs on pre-stored data and once my users have selected the questions, a code was presented and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get this code to just populate it's field. The code had to be selected otherwise it did not save. I still don't know how to get 3 of my codes to save without being clicked.

Response from AppSheet

Hi Anne, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear that you were not able to successfully integrate your data. I'm not quite sure what you mean by you weren't able to get this code to just populate its field, but if you would be willing to screenshot your issue and share it in our Google+ community (https://plus.google.com/communities/117336961081239352051), you should be able to get the help you need.

Matt V.

The mobile app DIY platform I returned to.

Reviewed on 2016/03/20

When I was first looking for a mobile app development platform, I wanted something simple to use but powerful enough to allow me to completely customize the app to the vision I had in my head. When I first started using AppSheet it was only 7 months after they went live; at that point it was still in it's early stages and experiencing many growing pains. I found myself running into the limitations of the platform at that time and was frustrated enough I began looking around for another solution.

After playing around for a few weeks, I found myself constantly going back to AppSheet and playing around more and more. I'd find a limitation on another platform that didn't exist in AppSheet, I'd get frustrated that I'd have to learn a TON of stuff for one platform and return to AppSheet again because of it's ease of use. So after weeks of looking around I realized that AppSheet was the platform I was looking for and I just had to find ways to accomplish the goals I had.

Fast forward 10 months and you wouldn't believe the platform was the same. The AppSheet team publishes so many updates (almost daily) that it's hard to keep up! And their support is better than any I've seen. They've got an online community where you can actually get answers from the developers themselves. Got an issue, one of the programmers will take a look at your app and tell you what's wrong. Confused about how to get something to work, the community is filled with users who're very knowledgeable about the platform and are always willing to help a fellow user out. In the 9 months that I've been using AppSheet I've seen multiple ideas I've suggested become a reality; that's how important their user feedback is to them.... it drives the future of the platform.

AppSheet is the best of both worlds; it's simple enough that anyone can make a simple app in minutes with NO coding involved, yet complex enough that you can build an entire business management system from end to end on the platform. If you're looking for a mobile app DIY platform to create a solution for a problem you have... AppSheet really is the one to choose.

Andrés e. B.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

A paper plane that will take you far away

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

I could say that this type of tool is one of those that we have to dare to use even when we do not have much training in the area. The results can be extremely good.

Pros

I had the opportunity to participate in a tourism project with a partner dedicated to the systems area and the experience with this complement was very good. I think he made the job easier for us during the development of the mobile app.

Even for non-programmers, it can be easy to use. It is based on "Excel" spreadsheets and the data structure is quite simple.

Some of the things that caught our attention are related to its functionalities: It allows you to establish small workflows, it supports GPS, maps. There is the possibility of activating notifications and as if that were not enough, you can access it without a connection.

Another interesting aspect, which also goes hand in hand with the Digital Transformation process, is storage. You can use any Cloud provider. Which gives it a very high value, at least from my point of view.

Cons

Personally I see no negative points, I think it is a tool that gives opportunity to professionals who are not from technical areas to learn and create or work on very interesting projects.

Nazem G.
  • Industry: Food Production

The best easiest way to make an app

Reviewed on 2017/06/23

I dont need to hire scarce and expensive programmers to create web and mobile apps anymore.

Pros

I researched simple app development for many years and tried at least 10 tools, Appsheet is really the best and the only one that works, all the others are too complicated, with a steep learning curve.

Cons

Its a little slow, its takes more time than usual to update changes to the cloud, don't know why.
Im sure it will get better with time.

Andrew W.

From the first time use to becoming a pro it's been a great experience!

Reviewed on 2017/06/28

Better organized business and personal activities and records

Pros

Ability to customize just about anything is really wonderful; the layout of the work space in the app designer and ability to cross reference tables. These are just some pros.

Cons

The sync time seems to be a bit of an issue, also definition of formulas and their functions could use a little more detail, especially those that differ from Google Sheets formulas.

Ylmaz K.
  • Industry: Textiles

Our company ERP and CRM is now with Appsheet

Reviewed on 2017/05/15

No need to pay thousands for an IOS and Android app development.

Pros

Super easy and created apps for the company in a very short time, almost within hours.
Their blog for customer support is also super fast.

Cons

Appsheet is missing payment gateway integration. There are some alternative add-on methods to overcome but a native payment integration would be lovely.

Natalia R.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

powerful tool appSheet

Reviewed on 2018/11/03

Pros

appSheet excellent tool, I am using it for survey load that was originally made on paper, with this tool I managed to do it in a much more dynamic way and that exponentially increased my productivity.

Cons

I have no complaint any practical tool, and powerful has me very excited

Response from AppSheet

Hi Natalia, that's great to hear that you found success utilizing the AppSheet tools! Please know that we do offer a 50% discount as well to any nonprofit and edu companies.

In addition, if Berlitz is looking for a solution that can be deployed throughout Berlitz, we offer discounts for larger organizations. Let me know if you have any additional questions or comments. Thanks!

Vishal D.

Great Product and Great team

Reviewed on 2016/03/13

Product experience : The product is one of its kind. I searched the net for something that is easy to use and for a non programmer to fulfil their dreams to create apps. I would have tried 10-15 platforms but there is no comparison to AppSheet. I have created a business app without even writing a single line of code.

Customer service : The AppSheet community is very powerful and the people at the organization takes very good care of its customers. I am still using their free version while I am building my app and not gone on production, but never felt that they are differentiating between paid customers or free customers when it comes to helping them. None of the issues or tips I needed took more than 4-5 hours to be responded to. Not just the people at AppSheet but other users in the community also jumps and provide help. A remarkable example of customer service.
Releases : AppSheet what I feel follows true agile methodology for their development and releases. seeks inputs from users in the community on what features they want and based on voting decides the priorities. The releases are also frequent so that we get to see something enhanced or new in one or two weeks.

Issue management : If there is any defect reported I guess it is solved within 4-8 hours.

Cons : Still to find one :)

Chris H.

Soo fun Soooo powerful!!!

Reviewed on 2017/05/04

Peace of mind (responsible for peoples' keys), easier time doing my job, custom solution designed by my favorite designer, me!

Pros

I just made an app to juggle a mind breaking pile of keys, ebbing in and flowing out constantly...And now I have no problem keeping track!

Cons

Even though I can't confidently say that what I like least about using appsheet is the cloud-based delay (my internet connection is so not good!), I mention it because maybe more can be done with the offline features.

Jay W.

A serious Business Solution

Reviewed on 2017/03/16

This has some extremely powerful functions. Users must understand that this app is able to do things that previously could only be done with some major investment in software development. The only solution we have found to really enable us to build a truly powerful and customized business workflow solution that integrates with our current data records.

Pros

The conditional logic and what this allows in conjunction with smartsheets or Google Sheets

Cons

The lack of more complex working examples - ones using multiple tables with relational connections and more complex workflows. Please see if you can get these from companies with redacted data! We would be willing to provide once we are through the first few stages of our system rebuild scheduled over the next 5 months.

Luka V.

Easy, flexible, and customizable!

Reviewed on 2018/03/14

Pros

Connects with Google Sheets, easy to use, simple and easy fixes in a pinch of a second, allows for quick edits on the fly via the mobile app.

Cons

Maybe add more workflow and button features within a row of a spreadsheet and to more easily auto-fill information.

Peter M.

Easy way to build apps

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

Appsheet has allowed us to build data collection apps with offline functionality at a really affordable price. We love being able to see and use Google Sheets for the back end data base. With no programming skills, we can build customs apps within 60 minutes. Our staff on the ground has been thankful for how much easier it is than the old spreadsheet systems.

Pros

Simple easy to use.
Google Sheets can store all the data.

Cons

Some limits in UI/UX that limit the experience.

Tim R.
  • Industry: Food Production

Excellent way to add data to Excel

Reviewed on 2018/10/22

Really good people to deal with and the more you do the more you learn.

Pros

Easy way to get inexperienced staff to enter the correct data into spreadsheets

Cons

takes a little bit of time to sync data back to the spreadsheet

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Would be great for small tracking projects

Reviewed on 2019/03/21

I was trying to find a quicker way to inventory equipment to avoid having to manually count out hundreds of units at the end of every month to reconcile inventory. Trying to get my team on board with trying a new software that wouldn’t mesh with our long-existing inventory system didn’t work out.

Pros

I was up and running in no time! I was looking for a way to track equipment by scanning barcodes on my phone, and AppSheet was super quick to set up!

Cons

After the initial set up, converting the massive amounts of example data to a usable format for my project would have taken more time than it was worth for the scale of my project. For a small but long-term project or small business, it could very well be worth it!

Unique T.

Reviewed on 2017/08/20

Steven M.

Has all the functionality that I look for.

Reviewed on 2018/04/27

Pros

I really enjoy of easy the software is to use and how helpful the customer support is. The software has all the functionality I need.

Cons

I cannot say that I have very many cons about the software except that when new updates are released there a minor bugs.

Antwain J.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great for Startup and Growing Businesses.

Reviewed on 2017/02/21

Fun and user-friendly. Support is usually always great. Sometimes lengthy response times. Overall a great experience and best value you can find.

Danny R.

Easy to develop and use.

Reviewed on 2017/06/28

Pros

Easy to create and deploy.
It is not required to be a software developer.
Cost effective.
Growing developer community.

Cons

Don't allow to export table schema and its app formulas to another app.

Robert E.
  • Industry: Sports

excellent

Reviewed on 2017/05/11

information in formats tailored to my personal needs

Pros

Ease of ues and functionality and it gets better every week

Cons

Feel the documentation on deployment could be better explained as well as the documentation on the variable roll up into reports. The present examples are fine if you are a programmer not so much if you are a novice/ beginner. They leave out essential elements of the process and do not go in depth into details of reports.

Darren H.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Appsheet in Tasmania Australia

Reviewed on 2017/02/18

Has simply transformed our business by modelling business processes in real time. This is all the more valuable a tool as the Appsheet team being highly responsive to user needs no matter a user's technical ability. With Appsheet we can see and quickly adapt to future trends without fear of overcapitalising on info technology.

Pros

Ease of use and loaded with features

Cons

Trying to identify best way to build an App, which lends itself to sometimes inefficient builds.

David B.

I had my first app built in just a few hours and I'm floored. So easy to use! So powerful!

Reviewed on 2017/06/26

I built a data collection tool to use during my workstudy and simplify the gathering of data. Forms are boring. This is amazing!

Pros

Unbelievably user friendly and intigratable with your cloud database. Your can jump right in from you spreadsheet or come at it from the app. The intuitive settings make it so you don't have to know hundreds of formulas to really make this sing. This software will change the world.

Cons

If your new to building apps or databases you may have to learn some terminology to use it fully.

Fonz A.

Nearly all the functionality needed to deploy great business apps for smart phones/tablets

Reviewed on 2017/06/05

Ease of use; fast development and fast deployment; great functionality for smart phones and tablets and can also be used on the desktop as well.

Pros

Ease of use/development/deployment; Easy interface with Google Sheets/Excel and other databases; licensing price points; good customer support

Cons

Documentation is somewhat lacking. Probably written by software engineers that developed the product. It needs to be geared more towards non-technical users. That said, there is a great user community to pick up the slack.

Abdelrahman Z.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Reviewed on 2017/07/08

Pros

Easy to use , Friendly
Satisfy customers
contains more features to use
Support company
Help users to use mobile application

Cons

Format change is very difficult or near by impossible
style to use is very difficult
not free so need to purchase

Giannis K.

Review for Appsheet

Reviewed on 2017/02/11

It is very good. I want some new features. A question about the use of UX. I have about 10 tables which is related with another (main). In the main table there are field sites (farms) and with the other 10 tables I record different "works" (pruning parameters, Irrigation parameters, Srpaying materials and other parameters etc) about the field sites (farms). I want to have the functionality of the tables "works" not in the menu (look 3rd picture) but in figures in the central screen (look 1st picture). With other words: When i press a figure I prefer to take as result that in picture 4 insted that in picture 2. I do it now by this way because i did not know other ways. I want to remove the "works" from the menu and put it in the main srceen as figures with the sama functionality.
Do you have any idea?