AppSheet

Mobile app creation for technical and non-technical users

4,8
4,6
4,6
4,5
4,4
Mavares P.

Develop an App to suit you.

Reviewed on 2018/07/14

Develop the master programmer in you

Pros

How many times have we not wanted the PPPs to adapt to our needs? This dream has come true; With AppSheet you can create your own applications directly from any of your smart devices and with your own data. Completely compatible, both with your iPhone and with the Android system, and the best thing is that your data, spreadsheets, or any other information, even those that you use frequently in the clouds, can now be more at hand than before. One of the many advantages is that your applications adjust in a personalized way, and to the extent that your creativity and your needs increase, in the same way you can add quickly and easily, all the features that you can think of or that you need and without having to be a professional developer, then you share them with the people who need it

Cons

Like any system, it is important to remember that, in order to achieve its optimal understanding and development, it is necessary to enter and relate directly and personally to the application, which is why users should be aware of their needs, so that later, can try different solutions for your needs. Remember that although there are free versions, also the paid versions offer a wider range of possibilities and developments.

Brenden M.
Industry: Wholesale

Coding for people who don't code

Reviewed on 2019/12/05

AppSheet was great for implementing small applications in the workplace, meant to be used by one person. Once the ideas started to take off, there was a lot of limitations I ran into, including price. At that point I found it more lacerative too look into other solutions and migrate my apps to another platform.

Pros

AppSheet is an incredible piece of software that easily integrates with Google Sheets, Excel, Salesforce, and others. Its GUI is very user friendly, and allows new/amature coders to create full web-apps with minimal knowledge. Very easy to use, and produces apps quickly.

Cons

Price-point, and bugs. Knowing the number of variables AppSheet has to account for in any app, there are still certain kinks that need to be worked out. Also, AppSheet is free, unless you really want to utilize all of its features. Unfortunately, once you start getting into apps that require multiple users, or creating workflows, then you start paying per user, or a tier based price structure per app. With competition quickly rising, their prices are easily beat by competitors like PowerApps.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Industry: Mining & Metals
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Get into the coding world easy and fast

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/09/11

From my little experience in coding, AppSheet make the data entry and the codes develop easier and more comfortable. It is a great application, so useful, and its templates allows people with fewer experience to work in software develop.

Pros

As a user, you don't have to be an expert dealing with codes, data structures and so on. Just using your smart devices, you can get nice results. I notice that the app runs in Android systems and Iphone too. The way you can personalize your work was so nice and intuitive for me.

Cons

I know the english is the most common language for software developers, but I had some issues working with people in spanish and portuguese.

Anne P.
Industry: Real Estate

Opportunities to advance with technology exist

Reviewed on 2019/01/10

I have created something new, nobody has seen anything like it before. Without AppSheet offering considerably reasonable fees for Public Apps, my start up would not exist. AppSheet has allowed me the leg up I require to gather and collect an "Aussie Renters community" offering assistance in an area they have been left to struggle in for far too long. I am grateful that AppSheet has allowed me to create my idea into an App, something that would have cost $80,000 to write with a programmer, the only reason why I didn't create this
a decade ago.

Pros

The Utube videos and support offered by AppSheet made it possible to create an App the way I wanted it to run.

Cons

My App runs on pre-stored data and once my users have selected the questions, a code was presented and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get this code to just populate it's field. The code had to be selected otherwise it did not save. I still don't know how to get 3 of my codes to save without being clicked.

Response from AppSheet

Hi Anne, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We're sorry to hear that you were not able to successfully integrate your data. I'm not quite sure what you mean by you weren't able to get this code to just populate its field, but if you would be willing to screenshot your issue and share it in our Google+ community (https://plus.google.com/communities/117336961081239352051), you should be able to get the help you need.

Miles L.
Industry: Information Technology & Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Surprisingly good

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/08/21

As a software engineer, I know how much time it takes to create an app from scratch (hint: it takes much longer than you think). With AppSheet, I can delegate the work to the non-engineers on my team.

Pros

I've been following the "Low Code" trend for a long time now. AppSheet is definitely a pioneer in the space. Data entry is super efficient. And the sample templates are very helpful (although, as a power user, I don't use them very often - I like to start from scratch). I've tried the competing products (including Google App Maker and Microsoft PowerApps), but I like AppSheet the most.

Cons

In the past, I've had some debugging errors. The error messages themselves were a bit vague. However, in the past few months, I've noticed improvements in this area. And customer service is always there to help.

Boone D.

Build Customers Solutions with No Experience

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/04/14

My experience with Appsheet has been very positive. I was able to create a custom mobile solution that wouldn't have otherwise been obtainable financially for our company.

Pros

The possibilities with AppSheet are endless. I built an app that shows a listing of odd inventory for our lumber company. While the system does require some knowledge of formulas, conditional formatting and database structure, most of that can be learned through their tutorials.

Cons

Activating the app on user's phones can be somewhat annoying. Unless you go to the higher paid tier, you can only use Google accounts to access the app.

Efrain G.
Industry: Retail

Easily Develop Apps For Your Business

Reviewed on 2020/02/24

Overall it's a great application which saved our company thousands of dollars and a great amount of time allowing us to develop an app to track the data we needed in a simple way which everyone can have access to

Pros

You can create your own applications for your business with less resources, both time and money. It allows you to build your own applications using your business' data and with not too complicated programming. Application design is limited and quite simple but the relatively short amount of time it takes to build an app using AppSheet makes it worth it.

Cons

As mentioned before, the limited customization options. Also, applications can run slowly if the user is using a not so powerful device.

Very useful

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2020/06/19

It is very good but only a little expensive and the system is very demanding for some hardware

Pros

The application it's great, very easy and useful. I have no programming knowledge and this is not an obstacle to using the application.

Cons

I would like to be able to choose the themes of background and menu colors using html code. Iwould also like to be able different types of buttons. Some of my coworkers would prefer choose differents Language to.

Chris J.
Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Excellent Product

Reviewed on 2020/03/24

Pros

Extremely easy to use, especially if you already use Google GSuite. It works right out of the box and is highly configurable

Cons

The pricing policy around users vs apps is quite confusing and there is no option to mix both options

Vinayak S.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Game changer for non-coders

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2020/09/27

Overall a very useful software that helps you customize and create apps with the features you always wanted and without the need of an experienced coder.

Pros

It easily lets you create an app using allp possible sources that we frequently use like Excel, Google Sheets, etc. The user interface is friendly and easy to use for a person with no prior coding experience.

Cons

The versions with all features are slightly priced higher. Sometimes we get debugging errors and the explanations are hard to understand.

Moses C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Create almost everything

Reviewed on 2019/11/04

Great in all aspects. It helped us to grow much faster by gaining new cliens through rapid development and workflow automation.

Pros

Easy to learn
Resourceful for learning, easy to find the required answer in help center and community page.
Very much customer oriented.
Samples apps are very simple to learn each functionality.
Very responsive to customers.

Cons

UX: Web view; It would be great if the look of Web browser view is improved.

It would be much easier faster for new creators to Learn if there are some sample apps that run in full functionalities and integrate with "In-App-Tutorial".

Less focus on developing financial apps although there are some mini budgeting app.

Levent K.

Want to develop mobile apps? Then you hit an exact match!

Reviewed on 2016/03/04

I have met AppSheet while I was searching the net on how to develop a mobile app from an Excel file. It was a DIY platform, pretty well organized and have some sample apps to show. To be honest, I though that these guys must either be kidding me, or the output is useless on the first sight.

Simply, the platform was an add-on to Google Docs. But after I've started to build an app for myself and began to understand the limits of it, I can proudly express that with only one word: "EXCELLENT". Yeah, it is excellent because:

1.) The platform's limit is your limit. There is no end (up to a certain extent for sure) to what you can do and develop. When you get used to it day by day, you think that you've learned it. However, suddenly, you feel that you are not even close to that idea :) Though I have a programming background and using AppSheet about 8 months, I can gladly say that "I'm still a newbie"...
2.) AppSheet is strong and AppSheet is really future pending. The reason is quite simple: though AppSheet is a small business enterprise, they have a very intimate, strong and professional customer care and management, which you cannot even find it in huge enterprises or corporate companies. We (yes, "we") are like a family in AppSheet from the senior to the junior.
3.) Have you problems with your development? AppSheet moderators, programmers, scripters are always by your side and they do not even skip a tiny message even if it might be silly or irrelevant.
4.) Do you have requests? Do you need features? Provided it's not so far away or not bounded by strict API policies (because of Google), depending on the priority list of the team, sooner or later you will have it. Just be patient and give them some time. Though how you quickly need it or how urgent it might be or how crucial it might be; just remember that they are 'simply' humans...
5.) The platform have a wonderful Community page in Google+ where you have the chance to meet wonderful people from all over the world with different apps, different needs, different requests etc. With this, you will also have the chance to develop your abilities and limits by learning from them. Community owns outstanding moderators who are also exprienced AppSheet developers. Each post is replied with great care and with light speed. This is the place where you feel the warmth of a family, intimacy and you clearly see how everyone cares about you and your problems.

Matt V.

The mobile app DIY platform I returned to.

Reviewed on 2016/03/20

When I was first looking for a mobile app development platform, I wanted something simple to use but powerful enough to allow me to completely customize the app to the vision I had in my head. When I first started using AppSheet it was only 7 months after they went live; at that point it was still in it's early stages and experiencing many growing pains. I found myself running into the limitations of the platform at that time and was frustrated enough I began looking around for another solution.

After playing around for a few weeks, I found myself constantly going back to AppSheet and playing around more and more. I'd find a limitation on another platform that didn't exist in AppSheet, I'd get frustrated that I'd have to learn a TON of stuff for one platform and return to AppSheet again because of it's ease of use. So after weeks of looking around I realized that AppSheet was the platform I was looking for and I just had to find ways to accomplish the goals I had.

Fast forward 10 months and you wouldn't believe the platform was the same. The AppSheet team publishes so many updates (almost daily) that it's hard to keep up! And their support is better than any I've seen. They've got an online community where you can actually get answers from the developers themselves. Got an issue, one of the programmers will take a look at your app and tell you what's wrong. Confused about how to get something to work, the community is filled with users who're very knowledgeable about the platform and are always willing to help a fellow user out. In the 9 months that I've been using AppSheet I've seen multiple ideas I've suggested become a reality; that's how important their user feedback is to them.... it drives the future of the platform.

AppSheet is the best of both worlds; it's simple enough that anyone can make a simple app in minutes with NO coding involved, yet complex enough that you can build an entire business management system from end to end on the platform. If you're looking for a mobile app DIY platform to create a solution for a problem you have... AppSheet really is the one to choose.

Ethan J.

Very easy way to create a functional mobile app with simple spreadsheets

Reviewed on 2018/06/29
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Overall, this worked fairly well for our company at the beginning. We used it to organize work orders for technicians and we loved the customization options, however, we ended up growing out of it and switched to a software that was more expensive, but already set up to handle the work load we have.

Pros

It's very easy to create an app with some simple data. You can add many fields and it's much easier to create this type of app than to learn code and become an app developer. It's pretty user friendly and has a lot of simply easy to use features. You can add maps, phone numbers, forms, price lists, or slideshows. It's a great way to organize work for a team and everyone can easily see it. Very customizable.

Cons

If you use the free version, there is a very long loading time required. If you use the paid version, it might be worth your time to look into software that is customized to your business needs already. You may find something for slightly more that will work well. You will be using Google Sheets for all your data and information. If you are uncomfortable with a spreadsheet, this may not be the best for you.

Ryan T.
Industry: Civil Engineering

A Review of AppSheet.

Reviewed on 2018/09/13

The graphic user interface involving toggle buttons and icons are very helpful and increase efficiency in app creation. Overall this great mobile app has saved us a lot of headache. Highly recommended for industry firms that might specialize in keeping track of sales and also the hospitality sector.

Pros

AppSheet has been an incredible mobile application. It has helped our company to establish high quality iOS and Android apps. It's helpful that AppSheet can draw information directly from Excel spreadsheets and from items uploaded to Dropbox. The customizable apps generated are gorgeous. Company logos and colors can be as abstract or sleek as imaginable and apps can be updated by the end user. It's great! Lots of support, and fair pricing that is on a per month basis. Nothing shady.

Cons

I will say AppSheet takes a bit of time to get through the learning curve. Brand new users might experience some frustration. But after the initial learning period, AppSheet definitely becomes easy.

Jason W.
Industry: Individual & Family Services

We use Appsheet to develop data collection practices for our NGO supporting refugees in Jordan

Reviewed on 2018/03/25

Appsheet has given us the ability to build our data collection and management practices in a modular way, which allows us to take advantage of their specific value in the context of our wider stack. Because our budget is limited, it's so helpful to use software such as Appsheet to get the best value for our money.

Pros

Appsheet is quick to deploy, powerfully-featured, and reasonably-priced for our needs. We've been able to rapidly build and iterate our data collection and management practices. Because we rely on volunteers and short-term interns, it's important that the software be easy to use and maintain, and we've found that the ramp up period is short.

Cons

Because we work with apps in both English and Arabic, it's important that we be able to switch between the languages, or even use both in certain fields. The support for left-to-right and right-to-left languages could be improved. We understand this is a pretty narrow use case, but it would allow greater adoption in the refugee space.

Andrés e. B.
Industry: Telecommunications

A paper plane that will take you far away

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

I could say that this type of tool is one of those that we have to dare to use even when we do not have much training in the area. The results can be extremely good.

Pros

I had the opportunity to participate in a tourism project with a partner dedicated to the systems area and the experience with this complement was very good. I think he made the job easier for us during the development of the mobile app.

Even for non-programmers, it can be easy to use. It is based on "Excel" spreadsheets and the data structure is quite simple.

Some of the things that caught our attention are related to its functionalities: It allows you to establish small workflows, it supports GPS, maps. There is the possibility of activating notifications and as if that were not enough, you can access it without a connection.

Another interesting aspect, which also goes hand in hand with the Digital Transformation process, is storage. You can use any Cloud provider. Which gives it a very high value, at least from my point of view.

Cons

Personally I see no negative points, I think it is a tool that gives opportunity to professionals who are not from technical areas to learn and create or work on very interesting projects.

Industry: Publishing

A platform that takes the tedium out of building mobile apps

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Launching the app and aligning it to end-user demands and expectations has not been a challenge at all. Since it is a dev+hosting platform, things are very much under my control. Helpful features like cloning an entire app make discovery and troubleshooting painless. More importantly, you pay only for the actual number of users!

Pros

For non-techies, with some basic understanding of application software and their usecases and essential database awareness, Appsheet lets you offer practical solutions very quickly and cost-effectively. I have not seen any other platform that makes it so dumbed down.

Cons

There are limitations that are quite possible for a platform that is still evolving. But, nothing so much that will force you to look for alternatives.

Patrick O.
Industry: Construction

Excellent app for people who are not programmers

Reviewed on 2017/07/20

We have other applications that are built by programmers and this is an easier application to adjust and improve upon quickly.

Pros

This is a great way to develop applications that work for your specific need. There are many options of functions that can be performed in this application, and there is a low cost to rolling the apps out. They are constantly updating the features of the application making it more user friendly. It is really great that it works of a database in google, which gives it a very stable platform and is easy to switch between users in the app and administrators who may need to cull the data.

Cons

If you are not in the programming world some of the functions are a little more complicated to use, and take some trial and error.

Industry: Education Management

Appsheet is very easy to use

Reviewed on 2018/10/19

I work in a K12 education context, used to be a teacher for 40+ years. While I am nearing my pension, I have had an enormous amount of fun building this app.

Pros

The ease of use. No coding required. You can gradually build your app and learn while doing this. I found there was a gradual learning curve that met my needs and my capability.

Cons

Sometimes, it takes a long to synchronize. The way to correct mistakes that you make is not always obvious and you will need help. But on the other hand, the community is large enough and very helpful, so you will never have these problems for a longer period.

Vallabhan C.
Industry: Publishing

If you thought getting a mobile app for your business was expensive and tough, think AppSheet.

Reviewed on 2017/12/29

Our field sales team is brought together on a common platform that is easy for the users and managers as well. The spreadsheet interface also allows almost all usuaal spreadsheet app capabilities to be made use of easily

Pros

Its the ease of building an app from a Google Sheet and then having the freedom to shape it up with a full-fledged admin panel. And the beauty is that I haven't had to use the admin panel for months together: the app has been going on and on, without any interruption! I have no piece of hardware or software to worry about or monitor on a daily basis

Industry: Automotive
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Skype for instant communication

Reviewed on 2019/01/02

Pros

We can work simultaneously in one screen , small window of Skype open to communicate and other windows open to read or collect information.
Can do instant messaging or video calls at cheaper rate than phone calls. It's user friendly and easy to access

Cons

We can't save the communication at our desired location or folder like we can save the emails.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Mylene christine S.
Industry: Real Estate

Appsheet will help you do more in Sales!

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Easy and accurate to trackdown sales and listings for real estate properties that we are selling. Reporting is absolutely executed well. The sales goes up when your client can easily pinpoint at the map where they wanted the location and what are their other options in the area.

Pros

Perfect and easy way to develop an app. No programming knowledge necessary. Very comprehensive. Use Google Sheets as yoir database.

Cons

Well to really have the best of the appsheet software you have to pay for their subscription plan but if its just for pesonal use you can still use it for free.

Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

very good tool to create your own mobile application in a matter of seconds for Android and iOS

Reviewed on 2018/05/13

Pros

if you want to have a mobile application for Android and iOS AppSheet is a good tool for that. allows us to create a mobile application quickly and easily from its tools and where it offers us to start testing your application for free.
The good thing about AppSheet is that it is not necessary to know the programming codes to develop our application. We can do it in a simple way and where we can find enough documentation on the web to guide us and build a mobile application.

Cons

Although AppSheet offers a lot of tools and ways to develop an app we can find a development limitation and problems that would not be the case if the development were done with code.

Ashley W.
Industry: Education Management

This website makes it possible to make quick easy apps that tie into data already in google sheets.

Reviewed on 2017/10/05

It helped organize my life.

Pros

It is quick and easy to use. You do not have to have prior experience in app building. Their help forum provides a lot of support and good resources for problem solving.

Cons

I think it's a little spendy since you have to have a payment plan for each app you want to deploy. You could design a simple website and have it hosted for cheaper.