Michele M.

Excellent Adwords tool for those who want to remain in control of bidding

Reviewed on 2017/09/06

Pros

This is like the Wordstream 20 minute work week only much easier to use - and ideal for those of us who spend more than 20 minutes working on our Adwords accounts a week, as suggestions come up once or multiple times a day, depending on which plan you choose.
I found the bidding suggestions particularly useful, and it picks up ad misspellings and duplicates - even when you've got the same broad match keyword with a different word order in the account.
I also love the suggestions on which ads to pause based on conversions per impression OR click through.
It has a lot of great features actually.
Support is great and gave me higher level suggestions on structuring my account.
What I really love is that there is a forum where you can suggest new features and vote on them, and they have statuses on them so you can see what's coming next.
We tried automated bidding tools but didn't have the huge conversion volumes required to see good results from those.
We'd trialed Acquisio but I didn't like how the bidding strategy was taken out of your hands, and setup was a nightmare - and even worse was disassociating my thousands of campaigns from the shared budgets their system set up - and support wouldn't help.
For accounts that have sufficient conversion volumes I'd likely use a combo of Opteo and Adspert which was our favourite bid automation tool, but for all of our accounts, big and small, Opteo has delivered good results for us regardless of the number of historical conversions.

Cons

A few improvements could be made - campaigns and ad groups list doesn't show up in alphabetical order, there could be a few more features - but I can see new features are regularly being developed.
I'd love to see bid adjustment suggestions based on locations, and more frequent ad scheduling suggestions, but for the latter we likely don't have enough data in our accounts anyway to make meaningful adjustments, so perhaps that feature does come up more regularly for bigger accounts.

Paul R.

Great Tool To Identify Campaign Performance Issues and Resolve Them Quickly

Reviewed on 2017/07/10

Pros

The best feature for me is that it saves time. The tool uses analysis algorithms to identify issues and opportunities with keywords, ads, and bidding strategies. Having the tool do this greatly reduces the time I was taking to manage accounts with my own manual process. The tool provides a very good interface to fix issues by adjusting keywords, ads, bidding, or other settings.

Cons

The recent user interface update resolved most of the issues I had. I would like to use the tool to produce PDF reports that I could deliver to prospects to show the issues and the score card of the account performance. I think this would help me win new business.

Josh P.

Opteo Is a Must Have for Google Ads Users Looking to Make Management Less Time Consuming!

Reviewed on 2018/08/07

Pros

I've been using Opteo for about a year now and I can't imagine ever leaving. A lot of Google Ads tools out their aim to take away control of your campaigns with extensive automation. Opteo keeps the control in the hands of the Managers, allowing them to pick and and choose what optimizations they want to push live to the campaign. The majority of the adjustments are changes to the campaign that hours of analyzing data would only point to.

Cons

The interface can take some getting used to and will stutter and hang from time to time. They also do not currently support PLA campaign adjustments besides discovering negative keywords.

One of the best AdWords tools around

Reviewed on 2017/08/17

Pros

Opteo had changed the way we work in our agency. Optimizing accounts used to be sifting hour after hour through a lot of data on a daily basis. Thanks to Opteo we receive account recommendations that actually work. Since we started using Opteo almost all of our accounts showed major improvements like better quality scores, more traffic volume, better CPA's and more relevant traffic.

The Opteo team responds quickly to support questions. If you have suggestions they actually listen and add these features to their product. New features are added often, almost on a monthly basis.

I can't imagine a world without Opteo. 3 thumbs up!

Cons

The user interface isn't always clear on some points but that's minor. It also doesn't work ideally on mobile devices.

Jason R.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Forget the trivial adwords task concentrate on the creative Opteo does the graft while you...

Reviewed on 2018/10/17

Pros

Opteo has already taught me so much more about adwords which is probably where I've been going wrong for the last ten years, it makes it so much easier to manage your adwords account and see the progress. It gives you confidence that the account is going to improve as the algorithm is constantly monitoring a varied range of segments. The software is constantly being updated with new features

Cons

It sometimes hangs, but support is very quick to iron out any little bugs. The confirmation window when it does a task can be a little annoying which just seems to add time to processes, I think previously this wasn't part of the software.

Great Application, Saves me 100's of hours every months.

Reviewed on 2019/02/21

Opteo keeps a close look over all my client accounts which give me peace of mind that we stay on budget and constantly make improvements to get excellent ROI for my clients.

Pros

Clean interface. Easy to use. Excellent recommendations to optimise your Google ads account(s)

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about the software.

Tamás A.

Great software to optimise your AdWords campaigns

Reviewed on 2017/05/05

Pros

Easy to use for everyone, who are familiar with Google Adwords. Super intelligent and saves your and your Client's money. It's also affordable compared to other products in the market. It's a great tool to optimise your search campaigns, however you can not avoid the set-up of your campaigns first! :)

Cons

Features should be extended more to Google Display Network as well. Bid modifiers could be set by time periods, places, target groups etc. Reporting & monitoring would be nice to be able to share with Clients or even export functions become available.

Amazing tool for Google Ads

Reviewed on 2019/09/03

Opteo is just nice. And see things faster than I often do. It also do the math! - I like that.

Pros

It's so easy to use and it do the math for me

Cons

It's hard to say. But maybe the limit of account you can connect.

Very happy with the software

Reviewed on 2020/01/27

Very happy - makes it easier to manage daily tasks and focus on larger projects and aspects of the campaign, focus on the strategy and less on the minutia of campaign optimisation.

Pros

Does a good job giving recommendations for optimizations and campaign changes and adjustments that we wouldn't have necessarily noticed on our own in our daily management of campaigns.

Cons

I wish there was a way to adjust certain thresholds they make for recommendations automatically. By default, if your bids are low, they recommend raising them up to 30% automatically to get closer to a first page bid. I love the campaign groupings, and I wish there was a way you could set adjustments so that in campaign groups like "Branded" you could give it a different maximum threshold, like 80 or 100% or whatever you choose.

Dora A.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great tool to monitor daily AdWords campaigns, it tells what needs to be improved, why it...

Reviewed on 2017/08/29

Pros

Improvements field is great - in seconds you can see what improvements you can do to improve the campaign performance.
The scorecard and performance fields are very easy to analyse in a couple of minutes you can see the previous day performance. One of my favorite is the Search Impression share which tells you % of share lost to rank, budget and the % of impression won.

Cons

Though is a great tool to monitor and to support to overall performance improvements (campaign level), is not ideally to do more detailed improvements, i.e. ad group level, or keyword level.

Jim L.

Opteo greatly improves my workflow

Reviewed on 2020/03/09

Pros

I use Opteo to handle a lot of the day-to-day, routine work that comes with managing ad accounts. Things like bid adjustments, adding keywords from search terms, etc. Being able to process those changes in bulk saves me hours per week.

Cons

I feel like the onboarding process for a new account could be improved. A simple 3-5 question setup survey when importing a new account could help get the optimization off to a faster start. Not a big deal at all, but could be helpful.

Leni K.

AdWords Made Easy

Reviewed on 2017/02/09

Opteo has been a huge asset in saving time for basic optimizations. We get relevant improvements applicable to the specific accounts, not just generic suggestions each week.

Pros

As a new tool, Opteo continues to impress by adding new features that are above and beyond other tools. Customer service is extremely receptive, both to explain features and take in our feedback. The interface is easy to use, and works on a mobile device as well, which is handy.

Cons

As a new platform, there are the occasional lags or glitches. No call tracking integrations currently for optimizations. Not for small accounts, as there's not enough data to optimize.

Ramachandran C.
  • Industry: Newspapers
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Awesome for PPC

Reviewed on 2018/10/18

Pros

The tools, features and dashboard - so much useful information and tips. I really enjoy the interface.

Cons

Sometimes when pushing improvement will not go through - maybe something the team/tech can look into.

Yvonne C.

Superb & affordable. It has save me hours of work and provides real data for solid decision...

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Time savings and precise data analysis for better and quicker decision making.

Pros

The team is very responsive. Opteo seems to diagnose all facets of an ad campaign and you can choose which recommendations push through to live. The dashboard is easy to use and not overloaded with too much data to where you cannot focus. Great job on the design. It has saved me hours of work literally. The best subscription I have for my business!!

Cons

The lack of of exporting reports for clients - but I asked the team and guess what it's coming. Honestly I can't think of one yet.

Danilo G.

Indispensable Daily Tool

Reviewed on 2020/02/19

Pros

Alerts for any critical situation like Projected Spend Far Over Budget and others.

Cons

Better design and write tool for every type of ads.

Andrew H.

Saves me time and money

Reviewed on 2017/03/15

I started using Opteo in early 2016 to manage a few of my PPC clients. I now make sure every one of my AdWords client's is hooked up to Opteo.

Opteo easily saves me 5-10 hours a week on campaign optimization and oversight. The 'improvement inbox' tool is easy to use and makes a real difference in the performance of my campaigns.

Pros

Functionality, the improvement inbox. It has a nice visual design and user experience.

Cons

There are some bugs in the platform.

Dominic H.

Simple and easy to use. Highly Recommend for Small or Large Teams.

Reviewed on 2018/10/03

Pros

- Clean Interface
- Simple, easy to use
- Helps marketers manage many clients
- Accurate suggestions
- Optimizations and metrics are explained

Cons

- Would be great to be able to print to pdf the scorecard.
- Could be user error, but would like for it to be easier to add keywords to new SKAG (Single Keyword Ad Groups.

Anthony"tec T.

Its great

Reviewed on 2020/03/06

Its great, the alerts are not annoying (that's a big plus) really helps keep on top of my ads.

Pros

it really handles the small and tedious things that can hurt google ads or I can miss. just handling the annoying parts of google.

Cons

Well, i have a small complaint about the price, in the case that its not expensive, it's in my market area and working with small ma pa shops, i am going to have to use the more expensive price based on the number of accounts i have over the amount of ad spend i use. I feel that's a bit pricy for me. Since my market area is below the average cost for handling google ads.

Thoma D.

Super useful tool for agency with multiple adwords account

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Pros

This tool let you manage super easily multiple campaigns and see what is wrong with a glance. The tool always offer good recommandations for each account. It's really a good way to save time. We immediately fell in love with the app.

Bodie C.

Massive time saver, has helped our team immensely!

Reviewed on 2017/06/30

Pros

Love the improvement suggestions, and the fact it 1) saves me time 2) spots things I have missed or wouldn’t see unless I spent hrs and hrs and hrs. Great customer service also.

Cons

Id love to see some reporting functionality to be able to run reports for our clients straight out of the platform, however we currently have a tool for that. So not a deal breaker, more of a wish list for the future.

Collin B.
  • Used Other for Free Trial

A Good Google Ads Tool With A Simple Interface

Reviewed on 2019/07/16

Great software, but we needed something a little more robust.

Pros

Opteo was very easy to use. The interface is simple and straightforward.

Cons

There isn't a ton of advanced analysis options.

• Industry: Commercial Real Estate

For those managing many accounts that don't want to micromanag.

Reviewed on 2020/12/12

I don't think Opteo is worth using unless you are managing 15+ accounts and I am skeptical how effective it really is.

Pros

One-click implementation of Google Ads account changes from one platform allowing you to make lots of adjustments easily. Good UI

Cons

I am not sure how effective the suggestions it gives for Google Ads--especially when Google already has their own bidding automation features. Some of the recommendations incorrect or redundant.

Peter D.

Exceptional Adwords Software That Puts The Client First

Reviewed on 2017/07/14

Pros

— Opteo optimizes for the client's best interest.

— Opteo encourages engagement between the marketer and the account.

— The Opteo recommendation engine has, on many occasions, provided extremely similar recommendations as our Google Partner Certified marketers. The difference is, our marketers spent hours reviewing the account while Opteo spends seconds. We continue these comparisons and they are ongoing and verifiable. Becuase of this, our trust level with Opteo is sky high; it can be relied on to provide solid, useful recommendations.

— Opteo is fun to use. We enjoy logging in and seeing what the engine has recommended for us.

— Opteo works. Across the board we have seen reduced CPAs, more conversions, and a higher Quality Scores.

— Opteo rarely fails. In our experience, we have never seen a timeout when the software is interacting with Google Adwords API to implement changes to the account.

— Opteo sales team are not pushy, and support is very helpful.

— Oboarding is easy, and there are multiple ways to add accounts, which is tremendously useful. e.g., you can add multiple MCCs, or single accounts, which means even though your clients might be a tangled web, it all gets standardized in Opteo.

Cons

Opteo takes Adwords info and displays the data in slightly different ways. I had a few questions about what this data meant, so contacted Opteo support. Opteo Support setup a screen share session with me and walked me through each of my questions. During this call, I learned much about Opteo and even a few things Adwords that I didn't know (yes, not everyone can know everything)!

Ross M.

Opteo Provides Elevated Efficiency

Reviewed on 2020/10/29

Opteo has allowed me to scale my weekly Google Ads management practices, saving me hours (literally) out of my week. I'm able to spend less time in accounts while providing the same -- or better -- optimization quality for my clients.

Pros

- The level of detail and granularity with recommended optimizations
- The design/ux
- Seamless integration with Google Ads accounts
- Ad optimization features

Cons

- The CPI (conversion per impression) model is still something I need to be sold on
- The negative keyword addition functionality is limited
- I'd love to see deeper competitive insights

Thomas M.

Makes Adwords....a little too easy!

Reviewed on 2019/01/14

Pros

We've been using Opteo to optimize a few accounts over the past two years. The tool makes it easy to retain a very clear overview of your account while making improvements.

I can only imagine the tool is suitable for agencies large and small. Their dev team constantly iterates on the platform to the benefit of the user.

UX & UI is great and straightforward too. If you're on the fence - use Opteo, there's no downside whatsoever. It more than pays for itself :)

Cons

None that spring to mind, which is pretty rare.

If we're clutching at straws here, I'd say the dashboard is a little 'white'? Opteo has made sure Adwords is boring and easy for me, even though we're operating in a hypercompetitive niche. Make of that what you will :)