Opteo Reviews

Opteo

Google Ads management tool

4.9/5 (76 reviews)
Michele M.

Excellent Adwords tool for those who want to remain in control of bidding

Reviewed on 2017/09/06
Review Source

Pros

This is like the Wordstream 20 minute work week only much easier to use - and ideal for those of us who spend more than 20 minutes working on our Adwords accounts a week, as suggestions come up once or multiple times a day, depending on which plan you choose.
I found the bidding suggestions particularly useful, and it picks up ad misspellings and duplicates - even when you've got the same broad match keyword with a different word order in the account.
I also love the suggestions on which ads to pause based on conversions per impression OR click through.
It has a lot of great features actually.
Support is great and gave me higher level suggestions on structuring my account.
What I really love is that there is a forum where you can suggest new features and vote on them, and they have statuses on them so you can see what's coming next.
We tried automated bidding tools but didn't have the huge conversion volumes required to see good results from those.
We'd trialed Acquisio but I didn't like how the bidding strategy was taken out of your hands, and setup was a nightmare - and even worse was disassociating my thousands of campaigns from the shared budgets their system set up - and support wouldn't help.
For accounts that have sufficient conversion volumes I'd likely use a combo of Opteo and Adspert which was our favourite bid automation tool, but for all of our accounts, big and small, Opteo has delivered good results for us regardless of the number of historical conversions.

Cons

A few improvements could be made - campaigns and ad groups list doesn't show up in alphabetical order, there could be a few more features - but I can see new features are regularly being developed.
I'd love to see bid adjustment suggestions based on locations, and more frequent ad scheduling suggestions, but for the latter we likely don't have enough data in our accounts anyway to make meaningful adjustments, so perhaps that feature does come up more regularly for bigger accounts.

Peter D.

Exceptional Adwords Software That Puts The Client First

Reviewed on 2017/07/14
Review Source

Pros

— Opteo optimizes for the client's best interest.

— Opteo encourages engagement between the marketer and the account.

— The Opteo recommendation engine has, on many occasions, provided extremely similar recommendations as our Google Partner Certified marketers. The difference is, our marketers spent hours reviewing the account while Opteo spends seconds. We continue these comparisons and they are ongoing and verifiable. Becuase of this, our trust level with Opteo is sky high; it can be relied on to provide solid, useful recommendations.

— Opteo is fun to use. We enjoy logging in and seeing what the engine has recommended for us.

— Opteo works. Across the board we have seen reduced CPAs, more conversions, and a higher Quality Scores.

— Opteo rarely fails. In our experience, we have never seen a timeout when the software is interacting with Google Adwords API to implement changes to the account.

— Opteo sales team are not pushy, and support is very helpful.

— Oboarding is easy, and there are multiple ways to add accounts, which is tremendously useful. e.g., you can add multiple MCCs, or single accounts, which means even though your clients might be a tangled web, it all gets standardized in Opteo.

Cons

Opteo takes Adwords info and displays the data in slightly different ways. I had a few questions about what this data meant, so contacted Opteo support. Opteo Support setup a screen share session with me and walked me through each of my questions. During this call, I learned much about Opteo and even a few things Adwords that I didn't know (yes, not everyone can know everything)!

Robert B.

The perfect Adwords tool for small agencies, freelancers, and those with limited time.

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

As a small-scale digital marketing consultant I don't have the budgets to work with the larger automation or bidding tools, but I knew that I wanted to cut down on the time I spent performing "grunt work" in my accounts. I signed up for an Opteo trial (back when it was Altus) and have continued the plan ever since.

Opteo does all the heavy lifting of day to day account monotony for you. it has a beautiful interface with very clear explanations that provides you with suggestions to adjust keyword bids, change up extensions, pause ads, write new ads, add keywords, structure your account'all with very clear explanations, relevant numerical support, and additional text/video content around the subject.

I've taken an account that was losing money and brought it back to a profitable level over the past couple of weeks by correctly setting up my target CPAs within Opteo and following every suggestion that the tool has offered. The support from the team is incredible, they're both fast and very knowledgeable, and I would certainly recommend the tool to anybody needing to free up some time and reduce human error in their Adwords account. I can only see Opteo getting better, so I'll certainly remain a member.

Pros

Reduces human error in maintenance checking
Reduces time spent on grunt work
Clear, concise reporting-much easier to see KPIs at a glance over Adwords interface
Beautiful UX

Cons

Although every suggestion in the tool will ultimately help with quality scores, it would be great to have a feature to monitor quality score at ad group level. (I have been in touch with the team and they've acknowledged this.)

Alan J.

Fine AdWords management tool that makes everything in one place

Reviewed on 2018/08/15
Review Source

Pros

It is basically an Adwords management tool, that provides suggestions by continuous extensive monitoring of your accounts with the backup of statistically relevant information and you get these suggestions many times a day about the several options available. They have a lot of features that enable users to create their ads by writing them themselves or even based on their rival’s ads.

Cons

The interface of the application isn't user-friendly and is not apt for the portable devices such as tabs and mobile phones. Absence of features to export a report. The application needs extension to Google display network. The reporting tool lacks advanced features.

Josh P.

Opteo Is a Must Have for Google Ads Users Looking to Make Management Less Time Consuming!

Reviewed on 2018/08/07
Review Source

Pros

I've been using Opteo for about a year now and I can't imagine ever leaving. A lot of Google Ads tools out their aim to take away control of your campaigns with extensive automation. Opteo keeps the control in the hands of the Managers, allowing them to pick and and choose what optimizations they want to push live to the campaign. The majority of the adjustments are changes to the campaign that hours of analyzing data would only point to.

Cons

The interface can take some getting used to and will stutter and hang from time to time. They also do not currently support PLA campaign adjustments besides discovering negative keywords.

Paul R.

Great Tool To Identify Campaign Performance Issues and Resolve Them Quickly

Reviewed on 2017/07/10
Review Source

Pros

The best feature for me is that it saves time. The tool uses analysis algorithms to identify issues and opportunities with keywords, ads, and bidding strategies. Having the tool do this greatly reduces the time I was taking to manage accounts with my own manual process. The tool provides a very good interface to fix issues by adjusting keywords, ads, bidding, or other settings.

Cons

The recent user interface update resolved most of the issues I had. I would like to use the tool to produce PDF reports that I could deliver to prospects to show the issues and the score card of the account performance. I think this would help me win new business.

One of the best AdWords tools around

Reviewed on 2017/08/17
Review Source

Pros

Opteo had changed the way we work in our agency. Optimizing accounts used to be sifting hour after hour through a lot of data on a daily basis. Thanks to Opteo we receive account recommendations that actually work. Since we started using Opteo almost all of our accounts showed major improvements like better quality scores, more traffic volume, better CPA's and more relevant traffic.

The Opteo team responds quickly to support questions. If you have suggestions they actually listen and add these features to their product. New features are added often, almost on a monthly basis.

I can't imagine a world without Opteo. 3 thumbs up!

Cons

The user interface isn't always clear on some points but that's minor. It also doesn't work ideally on mobile devices.

Thomas R.

Great system for Google Ads

Reviewed on 2019/03/15
Review Source

Overall very satisfied with the system and are recommending this a lot to others, heads up for the team and their service

Pros

First of all, it's unbelievable easy to use this system, we have been using it for a couple of years and the service and support is truely great. The developers are also open for new ideas and are continuously developing new features.

Cons

Dont have any comments for this at all, if we have any issues and need for support the team have an answer right away.

Feature Rich (and Growing) PPC Management Product

Reviewed on 2017/08/09
Review Source

Pros

- Great account improvements section - manually push recommended improvements. I actually like that it's a manual process. Better understand the recommendations.
- Constantly growing feature list. The developers are adding new functionality nearly every week.
- Easily manage an entire MCC's worth of accounts.
- Huge value for the price.
- The support is stellar. Send a chat and usually answered within minutes.

Cons

- The appearance if the application, while super clean, could use a bit of work to help keep accounts and features separated. Occasionally I am hunting for a specific tool and it blends together.

Kallum S.

Saves Heaps Of Time & Provides Recommendations Based On Statistically Significant Trends

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/07/17
Review Source

Pros

Opteo saves you serious amounts of time & money, it essentially is like having an assistant look over your whole account 24/7 and suggest changes that you approve. Opteo also shows you *why* it is suggesting the changes to help with your decisions on if you should actually implement its changes, this is invaluable when implementing changes as you can literally see the criteria the computer looked at to suggest these changes, so you can ensure you always make the right decision. I also noticed that Opteo picks up things like broken links many hours or even days before Adwords itself does, this is a very valuable feature if you have products that do a lot of volume or ads that spend a lot.

Cons

It could be improved if it was possible to replace broken ad links in Opteo itself, rather than having to find the same ad in Adwords & Fix it there.

Thomas M.

Makes Adwords....a little too easy!

Reviewed on 2019/01/14
Review Source

Pros

We've been using Opteo to optimize a few accounts over the past two years. The tool makes it easy to retain a very clear overview of your account while making improvements.

I can only imagine the tool is suitable for agencies large and small. Their dev team constantly iterates on the platform to the benefit of the user.

UX & UI is great and straightforward too. If you're on the fence - use Opteo, there's no downside whatsoever. It more than pays for itself :)

Cons

None that spring to mind, which is pretty rare.

If we're clutching at straws here, I'd say the dashboard is a little 'white'? Opteo has made sure Adwords is boring and easy for me, even though we're operating in a hypercompetitive niche. Make of that what you will :)

✔ david E.

Excellent Back Seat Driver For AdWords Account Management

Reviewed on 2017/02/22
Review Source

We're only human, and to be human is to make mistakes, despite our best intentions with checklists and procedures. Enter Opteo. Opteo reviews your AdWords accounts making helpful suggestions based on well-established best practices. These aren't the semi-helpful AdWords suggestions that Google provides. These are specific data based suggestions. I find I implement 90-95% of them. If you approve the suggestion, in one click Opteo will implement it for you. If you don't like the suggestion, you can permanently ignore it or ignore it for a certain period of time. Suggestions occur for a variety of topics such as exact match keyword suggestions, negative keywords, bid adjustments, pausing poorly performing ads, placement exclusions and many more. It is especially helpful for smaller accounts that don't warrant a lot of management time due to low ad spend. Opteo covers the bases until time/budget justifies a deeper look.

Pros

Deep data-driven account management suggestions
Continual feature improvement over time by Opteo

Cons

Occasionally (1 in20 suggestions) the API between Opteo and AdWords errors out. In those cases, you must enter AdWords directly and implement the suggestion manually.

Jason R.

Forget the trivial adwords task concentrate on the creative Opteo does the graft while you create

Reviewed on 2018/10/17
Review Source

Pros

Opteo has already taught me so much more about adwords which is probably where I've been going wrong for the last ten years, it makes it so much easier to manage your adwords account and see the progress. It gives you confidence that the account is going to improve as the algorithm is constantly monitoring a varied range of segments. The software is constantly being updated with new features

Cons

It sometimes hangs, but support is very quick to iron out any little bugs. The confirmation window when it does a task can be a little annoying which just seems to add time to processes, I think previously this wasn't part of the software.

Gustavo madruga, N.

Makes my life easier

Review Source

Opteo really makes my life easier because it shows me several adjustments to the AdWords campaigns that I would have to manually detect by analyzing reports.

Pros

Very easy to use. Just click, click, click, optimization done.
For every optimization there is plenty of help and knowledge.
Support responds really fast.
Great price.

Cons

More optimizations rules could be great. On the top of my mind comes something like "dynamically adjust bids to be #2 (or any position you want)". And "adjust to always be on top of first page". Things like that, utilizing adwords scripts, would be very good to have.

Easy to use, and lets you decide

Reviewed on 2019/07/10
Review Source

Opteo helps us make smaller day to day changes in our clients accounts, giving us more time to focus on more crucial things and helping our clients better

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, lets you decide what changes to be done, explains why a change should be made, make changes direct in their interface, fast support and they listen to feedback

Cons

I love the simplicity, but if I had to put a finger on something, it would be that it isn't Danish and therefore not suggesting spellingmistakes in Danish (I'm from Denmark)

Great Application, Saves me 100's of hours every months.

Reviewed on 2019/02/21
Review Source

Opteo keeps a close look over all my client accounts which give me peace of mind that we stay on budget and constantly make improvements to get excellent ROI for my clients.

Pros

Clean interface. Easy to use. Excellent recommendations to optimise your Google ads account(s)

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about the software.

Karin J.

Best AdWords assistent

Review Source

We use Opteo for almost a year now and we really love working with it. Opteo saves me a lot of time so I have time free for other important tasks. Opteo is always improving their services with extra features and designs to make user interface more appealing. Also their customer support is great, when we have had questions they were answered quickly and sufficient.

Pros

Main reasons we use Opteo are: 1. Advises on bid optimisation, best/worst performing ads, and targeting 2. Provides us with an overview of performance metrics, such as quality scores, search impression shares, and monthly budgeting 3. Notifies us when something unexpected happens in one of our accounts 4. Provides us with an overview of how a campaign is performing (e.g. cost efficiency)

Tamás A.

Great software to optimise your AdWords campaigns

Reviewed on 2017/05/05
Review Source

Pros

Easy to use for everyone, who are familiar with Google Adwords. Super intelligent and saves your and your Client's money. It's also affordable compared to other products in the market. It's a great tool to optimise your search campaigns, however you can not avoid the set-up of your campaigns first! :)

Cons

Features should be extended more to Google Display Network as well. Bid modifiers could be set by time periods, places, target groups etc. Reporting & monitoring would be nice to be able to share with Clients or even export functions become available.

Antoine D.

Excellent AdWords tool with great optimisations suggestions

Reviewed on 2018/11/28
Review Source

Pros

Opteo allows a helicopter view on all accounts we manage. The tool offers various optimizations and a constant analyze of various elements to always be certain to be on the right track.

Cons

No cons, the tool does exaclty what we need. Maybe improve the refresh cycle, but that's clearly a "nice to have" at this stage

Phil D.

Opteo is a must have Adwords optimisation tool

Reviewed on 2018/10/25
Review Source

Pros

All round performance with keyword, advert and bid optimsation recommendations backed up by stats to prove it. Saves hours of tedious work allowing time for more creative updates to campaigns. Excellent for agency management of multiple Adwords accounts.
I've used the more expensive competitor tools but found Opteo to provide everything I need at incredible value.
Easy to use interface.

Cons

Nothing to fault. Seem to be always adding new features and improvements. Incredible value for money.

Casper R.

I love it. Great product. Saves me time every day. I can focus on the big picture more - great!

Reviewed on 2018/01/17

Better CPL, better quality score, better ads, more traffic etc.

Just good things.

Pros

The improvement areas are well composed, which means it's easy to get an overview of whether or not it's the right decision.

It's super user friendly, and keeps good track of my budget/spend.

I also love that the suggestions are based on improving YOUR performance. Google always tries to upsell; that's not the point here. We're trying to OPTIMIZE - and Opteo really helps you do that. I've seen a real increase in lead quality, and lower CPL overall after implementing and using it.

Great product; and nice support team as well.

Cons

Very little. I don't really have any bad things to say.

I guess it's a bit expensive for very small clients, but I can use it to monitor different clients/platforms at the same time, which is great.

Donny M.

Fantastic system for optimizing your AdWords accounts

Review Source

We spent a lot of time researching various providers and after the demo's with all of them can easily say that this was the best. The tutorial to get it started is very easy and videos explain everything. A few clicks literally save us hours of monotonous work so we can spend more time exploring new strategies/ideas/opportunities for our clients. We use the system to help back up our staff and strategies to give our clients even better results. So far we've seen improvements on all accounts and I'd highly recommend.

Great tutorial system
Great customer service, very quick, always responds
Improving results
Saving us hundreds of hours each year
What I love the best is the system can automatically predict the exact % to increase and decrease a bid
It's a great value seller that I tell all my clients we have adopted to their accounts for free

Alessandro D.

Easy Way to Optimize Enormous AdWords Accounts

Reviewed on 2017/07/10
Review Source

Pros

Save lots of time and put our campaigns ahead of the competition. We receive lots of great optimizations recommendations and to execute is just a click away, also the budgeting manage feature is very easy to use and control the budget of many accounts with different monthly budgets.

Cons

We miss a reporting tool to send the optimizations to our clients and other few features, but the key features we already have on the platform.

Dora A.

Great tool to monitor daily AdWords campaigns, it tells what needs to be improved, why it needs and gives the option to do the improvement. Easy to us

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2017/08/29
Review Source

Pros

Improvements field is great - in seconds you can see what improvements you can do to improve the campaign performance.
The scorecard and performance fields are very easy to analyse in a couple of minutes you can see the previous day performance. One of my favorite is the Search Impression share which tells you % of share lost to rank, budget and the % of impression won.

Cons

Though is a great tool to monitor and to support to overall performance improvements (campaign level), is not ideally to do more detailed improvements, i.e. ad group level, or keyword level.

Jonathan H.

How did cope without this?

Reviewed on 2017/06/01
Review Source

Pros

A fantastic system which really takes an in-depth look into how your campaigns are performing and provide relevant recommendations to improve the performance of said campaigns. Simple to use interface, great knowledge base articles and all round great customer service.

Cons

Lack of exportable reporting options. Would be great to use this for reporting monthly as well rather than having a seperate reporting tool.