Skedda

The smartest way to manage your spaces

Satoko S.

No customer service

Reviewed on 2018/12/20

They provided no customer service when I had trouble with the system.
Automatic reply said that they will come back after 1 hour, but they didn't.
So I ask the status. Message was seen but no reply.

Pros

Great system which can use for fee with some limitation.

Cons

They change the system without notification.

Response from Skedda

Hi Satoko,

Many thanks for your review. We're sorry that you weren't satisfied with our support on December 20. For reference we've included the response times for your messages over the years below.

We're proud to be able to provide non-paying customers with support as well. Our auto-reply message aims to give an estimate for when our team begins to process customer inquiries. If faster responses are critical for your business, we recommend the Pro Pack which includes priority support (https://www.skedda.com/home/pricing). Thanks for highlighting that this was perhaps ambiguous for you.

News about system changes are published in-app and at https://updates.skedda.com.

Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have additional feedback.

We wish you all the best for the start of 2019!

Thanks,

In-app message 20/12/2018: 2h 43m

Paul K.

Skedda bedding in well

Reviewed on 2020/09/25

We now have a fully supported system without any concerns about business continuity. We were given extended time to test out the system due to the timing and were able to We have found the support staff exceptionally helpful and knowledgeable and very quick to respond to our questions with answers or suggestions, usually within the same day.

After using Skedda for just a few weeks we made several suggestions that we thought would improve the system further from our point of view, without too much expectation that we would be listened to. We received an encouraging response almost immediately that showed our ideas had been thought about in a lot of detail and some might well be implemented. A refreshing experience to get such instant feedback.

Pros

It is not too complex to set up and use and training admin staff does not involve days of training. We got the hang of it very quickly during the trail period with very little need to ask for advice as the 'pop up' help information explains the purpose of each field very well or links to a more detailed explanation for the more complex bits. Compared to other systems we looked at it had a very good look and feel to it - uncluttered and almost intuitive to use with very little knowledge of the system. When it came to going live, on 1 September 2020, we had already created the system in the trial version so it just required making a couple of adjustments to the settings and recreating our existing future bookings.

Cons

Ideally we wanted a system with integrated invoicing as we bill our customers in arrears for their room bookings. We almost did not give it a second look as it did not have this key functionality but the booking side was so much better than other options that we looked at. We were also encouraged to examine the Zapier integration which links bookings to external invoicing systems and we subsequently decided to use Wave. In the end we decided to go for it anyway despite the fact that there is more manual intervention when cancelling or modifying bookings which do not automatically adjust the external invoicing system.

We had to work around some of our more complex multi-day bookings, that did not fit the Skedda 'standard' approach for such bookings, but we have found solutions even though it has meant changing our billing processes in some cases.

Sonja T.

Skedda is OUTSTANDING! Nothing could be more user-friendly with better customer support!

Reviewed on 2017/10/25

We were in a quandary because our local method of scheduling labs experienced a fatal blow. Now we don't have to worry because Skedda takes care of everything. Users are happy, I, as the administrator, am happy and the administration is happy because everything runs so smoothly. Also I love the fact that you can have multiple administrators--that means someone in the office can be a back-up administrator as well as someone in technology support. FANTASTIC Product!

Pros

We use Skedda to schedule our computer labs. The ease with which users can schedule their lab times is unparalleled. They can extend the times if they are going to be in there for more than one period. They can repeat the schedule with the click of a button if they are going to be going for multiple days. It's fast and easy--what could be better than that???

Cons

Regular trusted users can't delete their own reservations if they change their minds about the schedule. But it's really not a big deal for me to go in and delete their reservation. I just think that they would like that flexibility because sometimes plans change.

Julie A.

Great back up

Reviewed on 2019/09/16

it's totally helped my venture into renting out my therapy room.

Pros

I am not averse to technical things but as a therapist who rents my room out when I'm not there, it has taken all hassle out of that process. I enjoyed doing the set up and now that it is up and running and has been for over a year, there hasn't been one problem.
The users easily can book whenever they want when I'm not there = a good result.
Even me asking very stupid questions, the support team have been incredibly helpful and very patient, and I wouldn't say that if I didn't mean it. I can be quite picky if someone isn't helpful!
Thank you!

Cons

the original set up was a bit daunting but the customer service team helped me through it which is great!

Kata S.

Made my life much easier... Even the free version is great, going to upgrade to full access...

Reviewed on 2018/01/29

It saves me a lot of time and gives freedom and autonomy to the users of my office spaces. Also frees me from the manual work of making the monthly user time and cost lists. Gives more air of professionalism to my little business of renting out spaces for fellow therapists and coaches. What I also like very much is that I can easily check what is happening with the bookings in differnet views, by spaces or by users. I don't have good technical skills but this quite sofisticated software fits me perfectly.

Pros

Ease of use, good structure, fool-proof, prompt and great client support. It feels that you are looked after and supported fully by a very knowledgeable stuff which means so much if you don't want to spend ages learning a system. Good visual design and the users started booking without asking questions all the time so I guess they like it too. Love the possibility of making lists, this also helps a lot. I can whole-heartedly recommend Skedda for smaller businesses as well!

Cons

If there is something that would be: I would like to use in an application format making it maybe easier to use on a mobile phone. But I guess it is soon to come :-))

Sally M.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

A straight forward system which is easy for all users to access

Reviewed on 2017/08/30

As a small charitable, not for profit organisation, without funding from government bodies, we rely solely on fundraising to provide our service. The free option available as a Skedda user is invaluable to us. It has saved us time and more importantly money in having a bespoke system devised.

Pros

Not complicated to use with sufficient, easy to read help pages. Clear to interpret quickly and makes invoicing a far speedier process

Cons

Would like a search option when booking a regular space. Currently, the whole booking has to be entered before you are made aware if there are any future bookings preventing you from using the same room at the same time ongoing.

Miriam B.

Bookings for a Day Centre

Reviewed on 2018/11/13

Bookers would often change their minds about days and times and I found I was wasting an hour a day changing bookings and negotiating dates and times to get everyone in!

Pros

Easy to use, paired up with our website for users and potential users to see the rooms available. we have only 5 rooms to rent so we are able to use this with no cost to our charity.

Cons

nothing at all - it is really good and has been a real joy to use

Danielle E.

We use Skedda to schedule our high school computer labs and carts--this has made my life much...

Reviewed on 2017/06/13

Pros

Every teacher and district person can use the system and see what is available and when. Our technology is never double booked and I can see who used the space last if there is a problem. As a centrally located school, we are a building that never sleeps. Skedda has made scheduling 4 computer labs and 8 computer carts a breeze. Having a free site do this is amazing.

Julie L.

organized! responsive!

Reviewed on 2018/03/13

Pros

skedda tracks in a way that i trust it. i also like that i can create different categories of renters.

Cons

its not set up for people with only one space. also i want to be able to see a monthly view in a traditional calendar set up.

Gabrielle B.

Skedda takes the hassle out of running a venue for hire

Reviewed on 2018/02/27

Pros

Trusted user feature - allows people that we trust to do self-serve bookings
App can be easily embedded in your website so potential hirers can see if a room is available without having to ring and ask

Colin C.

Excellent software

Reviewed on 2019/12/06

Shared amongst 40 members of staff. Making our daily routine easy to manage.

Pros

Easy to use. Very reliable and efficient

Cons

Nothing 8 don't like ticks all our boxes.

Kate C.
  • Industry: Events Services

Thoughtful design, easy to set up and use

Reviewed on 2020/01/08

Love the product and product support. Lot of thought went into faq and help articles

Pros

Ease of set up
Functionality
Product improvement on an ongoing basis

Cons

It’s hard to make your own look and feel: not impossible to build a custom home page, but I don’t have the knowledge

Thomas W.

A fantastic utility!

Reviewed on 2017/05/17

Pros

It's easy to use and make bookings, and its quick to share with other room users. I can see all bookings for the day, week and month at the click of a button.

Cons

The only con is really nothing to do with Skedda but it will not accept new users where they have the same email address as an old user. Unfortunately it does not state who the user with the same email address is, and in a big company it can be hard to track down. Sometimes people have left the company but the email address is still associated with them and they are no longer contactable.

Derek O.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Versatile scheduler for non-typical needs

Reviewed on 2020/06/19

10 out of 10 - thoughtful and timely service. Very happy

Pros

The ability to visually see the daily bookings and have the user manipulate the reservation lengths. That was a key feature for us. Buffering time between appointments is essential too.

Cons

When viewing the calendar from a cell phone, ti would be nice to edit how many columns you can see. Our 3rd (of 3 total bays) bay sits outside of the portrait viewing justification - if your phone is landscape justifiied it is ok. You can hit the arrows but a lot of users don't know this so they assume we only have to bays. Even to be able to swipe the calendar would be a big help.

Stephen B.

Very easy to use and has all the features I need to make booking straightforward. Excellent

Reviewed on 2017/10/25

Pros

Ease of use plus security. I know who is able to make bookings and only I can cancel thus errors are minimised

Cons

Occasionally it is not easy to find bookings that need changing particularly if they are one that are recurring

Patricia A.

I find Skedda very user-friendly and the tech support is awesome!

Reviewed on 2017/10/04

We need this software to do bookings for space, meeting rooms for example.

Pros

Very user-friendly, If you make a mistake it lets you know, so you can easily make corrections. The Technical support are very helpful and always there to assist you.

Cons

I would like to be able to print out the data for stats, for example: if I had a repeat booking it would just show dates and repeat booking without every showing every booking in detail.

Cesar a. P.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

New Customer with Independent office

Reviewed on 2018/12/06

Pros

its very easy to setup and invite users, it took me about 10minutes

Cons

there are no profile personalization for sub-admin por example, once you setup a time and need to change it because of an error, an admin will have to change it, those are also the users that setup general configurations and blockings, so if you delegate the task, those people can modify your settings

Great for scheduling work spaces!

Reviewed on 2020/08/05

Great! No complaints we will continue to use.

Pros

Skedda has helped so much since starting to share workspaces, everyone just schedules themselves on the Skedda page and I have it linked in our MS Teams channel so easy for everyone to use and access.

Cons

Nothing as of now, it is great and really streamlined our office scheduling.

Chris S.

Clearly designed by people who clearly know their subject matter

Reviewed on 2018/08/21

Great software/website and great (quick) support

Pros

Every essential need is addressed and most of the nice-to-have's as well

Cons

Would like an additional feature or two, and there is one feature/function that is not quite as obvious as it could be but I am really picking nits to come up with something

Leanna W.

Skedda, Doing awesome stuff

Reviewed on 2015/03/04

I first found Skedda last August and was very excited about the possibilities of using to schedule a 40+ soccer facility. At that time, it would not accommodate that many locations. I used for small facility scheduling for the winter and worked great, report that was generated did not show actual space booked. Since then, they have made updates to include the spaces in the reports and to accommodate up to 60 spaces. Currently using to schedule over 50 locations. The ical link is awesome to pull into other calendars. Now our parents can find out exactly when and where they practice and teams can find open space to book games. Great Job!

Egor S.

Exactly what we need

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

Pros

Easy to set up and adjust system of venues, nice visual timetable and simple process of booking fully met my expectations. And yet this is free!

Cons

It would be great to allow users to see at least short descriptions or pictures of venues while booking.

Kwasi A.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

It has been great so far.

Reviewed on 2017/09/26

Pros

It is effective and the functionality is exactly what we needed. For a free version, it covers the basics .

Cons

People have a little difficulties in booking the room. However they are able to find it and reserve the room.

Jason K.

Impressed

Reviewed on 2014/12/21

We looked around at different online booking systems but what made Skedda stand out from the rest was that Skedda was so easy to use and embed into our website. And most importantly for us was the fact that we had someone on the end of an email helping us to set it up and whenever we had a question, we always got a prompt reply which was really important in getting the booking system to do exactly what we needed from it.

Keerthi D.

Fantastic Software ! Bookings in our office is now a breeze !

Reviewed on 2017/05/16

Pros

User-friendly, Easy to Customise, Hazzle-Free, Fantastic software for meeting room reservation system !

Steve H.

Simple and very good

Reviewed on 2015/03/30

Form the ease of setting up to the simple booking system the Skedda bookings is fantastic. We use this to run our home games for the entire club (21 teams). It allows each coach to go in and check what pitch is available and what time its available before booking it. I oversee everything and can book on behalf of a team or edit, cancel if required.

Great product and would recommend it to everyone.