ProCalV5

Calibration solution providing precision asset management

4,4
Chris K.
Industry: Food & Beverages

Great Calibration management software

Reviewed on 2020/04/29

ProcalV5 give our organization a great solution to manage and run calibration in our facility. I am very pleased with the software and what it can offer. The customization of the software is big thing! We can setup for our needs.

Pros

This software is easy to use, very intuitive. It has all the features that all other, more expensive brands are having.

Cons

I am at this point of using this software, that I have not found anything that I dont like about it.

Wilson lim S.
Industry: Medical Devices

PROCAL V5

Reviewed on 2019/08/13

No comment used wisely .

Pros

No comment -Good software to use as Im being using for many years in Sanmina Pg

Cons

No comment -Good software to use and not much hang in the system .

Jon M.
Industry: Biotechnology
Company size: Self Employed

Procal for pipettes

Reviewed on 2020/10/06

Overall I have a had a great experience with them. All issues have been dealt with in a timely manner and it's value is the most appreciated factor.

Pros

This program was able to accomodate a quick install and operates pretty easily. I like most it can incorporates uncertainties with pipettes.

Cons

This program operates on a cloud basis. You have to have internet for it work the way it is designed to work.

์nongluck W.
Industry: Environmental Services

Various features :But must be used as and exactly as needed

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/06/05

Still not working properly As required Need to learn more And test the usability

Pros

Various applications ,But must be used as and exactly as needed

Cons

The selection of featrue to match the use

Dav id K.

Reviewed on 2020/09/29

The only problem was using a company other than Prime Technologies for the migration. Used a 3rd party and there were huge problems in the migration. Should have used Prime Technologies for the migration.

Pros

Software is great and does exactly what we need to be compliant.

Cons

Some small insignificant searching factors such as keystroke searching. Also the the drop downs for the units in the calibration data points. needs refined.

Jaap V.
Industry: Chemicals
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

ProCalV5 suits needs for multi-national companies regarding instrument management

Reviewed on 2020/06/15

One package for instrument management for basically all labs and locations world-wide within the company. Working with the limitations of (our version of) the package in mind, it provide us a tool to have overview throughout the company about the status of the equipment, ánd which equipment is available at the different labs.

Pros

We needed a package (2010!) that could work with different locations of the company world-wide and secure each location from the others. ProCalV5 was (at that moment) the only package that provide this option.

Cons

It was a difficult package to learn all ins and outs myself and still I don't know all options that are included (need to say that we stopped rather (too) quickly with downloading and installing updates/upgrades, so we also miss some interesting options from more recent upgrades).

Carin C.
Industry: Biotechnology

ProCalV5 is Worthy of Consideration

Reviewed on 2020/07/02

My primary role is performing quality review and approvals in the system. Once configured, the system is very easy to use and is 21CFR Part 11 compliant. The system is reliable and you can trust that the data that goes in is protected and easy to retrieve. Working with Prime Tech to validate our system configuration has been extremely informative and our assigned project manager has been amazing to work with. We have been very satisfied with Prime Technologies and the ProCalV5 Software.

Pros

Once you set the configurations, the software is very straight forward and easy to use. The ability to search and print reports for auditing is a breeze.

Cons

The fact that supporting documentation is dealt with in the form of a link instead of housed within the software. Those links can be broken easily if there is sub-standard controls in place for storage locations.

Somnath C.
Industry: Computer Software

One of the best and robust software I have ever used

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2020/02/27

I will suggest all users which are critical to Information security for Calibration data management. Critical to quality industries like, Pharmaceuticals, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Health care, Power and Nuclear industries should obviously choose this great product.

Pros

One the best part of this software its cover maximum areas for assets management of any organization of any size along with Calibration data management. Its features are so modern and helpful which help to implement Industry 4.0, in respect of asset management, validation, compliance to the system requirement and keep the management upto date always in all respect.
Its wireless utility is so powerful which can transfer data irrespective of modern devices directly to the server or user can opt for Cloud features also for the ProCalVCloud.

Its authentication features in each & every level is tremendous and its help the organization from any kind of data manipulation and data breaches. Which is most crucial part for any organizational data management.

Cons

Price is little bit higher side compare to any local product. But compare to the features & services available and crucial to the system, its value for money.

Jonathon B.

Reviewed on 2019/04/11

My experience with ProCalV5 have been outstanding. I would greatly recommend this CCMS to anyone

Pros

I love the fact that ProCalV5 forces compliance. I also love that it is a completely paperless CCMS

Cons

The only issues I have ever experienced is that it can be a bit slow sometimes. That is the only real problem I have ever ran into

Jordan K.
Industry: Oil & Energy

ProCalV5 for Flow Meter Calibrations and Records

Reviewed on 2020/03/25

Overall ProCalV5 has exceeded my expectations for what we require out of it and has opened the door to provide even more tools than initially required. The support has been second to none and I look forward to diving deeper and deeper into ProCalV5 in the future.

Pros

ProCalV5 has an easy and logical structure for organizing multiple meters, loops and hierarchies. Calibrations are easy to configure and the reports generated by the software come out both professional and easy to follow. The support from Prime Technologies has made integration simple and given me the confidence to choose ProCalV5 as our software of choice for custody meter calibrations and record keeping.

Cons

Installation was slightly complicated, but timely support from Prime Technologies helped get everything up and running quickly and smoothly.

Miriam C.

Excellent Calibration Software and Customer Service

Reviewed on 2014/08/13

ProCalV5 is the best software I have researched and implemented, and there have been quite a few by now. There are many pros that come to mind, the following are the most important for our organization:
* Extreme flexibility to customize the software to your needs, like changing field names or adding many user defined fields.
* Never ending list of features. You can use it as a basic calibration recall system with the minimum information you need or go all the way to Gages R&R.
* Very user friendly and you can customize different level of access for group of employees or individual employees.
* Excellent customer support, from the staff that works with you to import your existing data into the system, to the trainers to the tech support folks, when you have an issue or need help. The response time is just amazing.
* If your organization needs a particular feature or change in the software they will work with you to make it happen.
* ProCalV5 is not just a tool calibration software, it is also a equipment maintenance software. It is so flexible that we are actually using it to manage our inspectors mandatory eye exams.
* Great audit trial, reminders, calibration/maintenance history, etc. They are great tools for your ISO/AS certification, employee accountability and not forgetting anything.
* Multi-site option, allowing you to manage tools/equipment segregated by site and the level of access of employees or different sites.

Regarding cons, I can not really think of any. Whenever there has been something that we have liked the software to do differently (I can think of once or twice in several years) the ProCalV5 folks have made it happen.

Mark C.
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

We've been pleased with the functionality of the system.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

The software provides the required tracking and documentation to ensure our facility remains regulatory compliant.

Pros

The system provides a reliable schedule for executing equipment calibrations. The software allows for the tracking and execution of PMs and work orders.

Cons

The approval terminology is a little confusing determining between finalized and approved documents. This requires understand for those in the process.

Lou D.

Review of ProCalV5

Reviewed on 2011/01/31

The program is easy to use. It meets the needs I have for the calibration of customer instruments. Technical help has been very good.

Pros

Well organized. Easy to move from one field to another, and understand interaction between them.
Relatively easy to use.

CONS that do not fit below:
Rather than providing the initial calibration program without defaults, I think it would help to discuss defaults with the purchaser and set some basic ones for the customer before sending providing the software.

Cons

I do not like the fact that the NOTES can not be modified once they are saved, report not finalized.
It would be helpful if you could modify an INSTRUMENT record and have that change show in calibrations that have not been finalized. Occasionly, we find an error in the way we entered an INSTRUMENT record when we enter the calibration; have to take an instrument out of a WORK ORDER, change the INSTRUMENT record and then put the instrument back into the WORK ORDER again.
The order that is presented in WORK ORDER and CALIBRATION records (numerical, asending) should be changed to decending. Most often you are looking for a new record, not the first one you did.
Difficult to add or modify REPORTS for our needs.
NOTES, It would be nice to have a note entered in the INSTRUMENT record that could be selected to always show in the calibration notes for that instrument.

Adam L.

ProCal Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

ProCal is replacing a different CxMS for calibration in my place of work to make my client GMP cpmpliant

Pros

GMP Compliant. Easy Reporting. Navigation between instruments, loops and equipment is simple

Cons

Citrix based, slow to load. Max number of items in ProCal Explorer

Alan S.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Excellent For Managing Calibration of Instrumentation -

Reviewed on 2019/10/22

We track all instrument calibration parameters, calibration due dates, and instrument status.

Pros

It has all features that were available to me when I used Loveland, and Honeywell calibration software.

Cons

There is a learning curve that takes some time, and it takes time to set up your original data.

Mike P.

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

Pros

Ease of use and the support staff is very helpful

Cons

Would like to see group approval of records

Walter A.

Migration from Honeywell Loveland to Procal V5

Reviewed on 2015/08/07

The migration consisted of 32,000 tags, 10,000 instrument loops, 1000 motors, 1000 relief valves, 19 years of calibration history and a customized test equipment data base. We were quite concerned about the 19 years of history and insuring that it remained intact.
We perform calibrations, motor and relief valve pm's daily, the ProCalV5 engineers provided methodology and tools to make database validation possible, a dauntingly task with 19 years of history and helped developed a plan to minimize database down time when switching to the new ProCalV5 database. The Procal team worked tirelessly to find ways to mimic the functionality the we had built into the customized Loveland database. We were on a strict time table and the Procal deployment initiative met the milestones which allowed us to stay on schedule. Prime Technologies provided two levels of training, administrator and technician training. The project was a total success. We have had two major outside audits since implementation, the Procal database and reporting tool greatly contributed to the successful audit. Prime Technologies was extremely supportive before we purchased, during the implementation and now two years after go live they are very responsive to our requests.

Rickey D.

Comments and Suggestions

Reviewed on 2011/02/03

Very good program. Needs a little help in the reporting area.

Pros

Easy to use and a familiar platform that is windows based. Very good implementation plan and purchased validation documentation was ver good. Excellent product support

Cons

The reporting structure needs some work. Management and metrics are difficult to access as most of the reports are item based. A calibration report summary does not exist and the report has a single page for each item and can not be exported to a spreadsheet in a format that is usable. There needs to be a selection of single page high level summary reports. Not enough definitive separation (or explanation) of items like Loops vs Systems. There is a lot of overlap in these types of data screens. Better documentation of usage of these items with examples would be good to add. Email reminder system needs to not send an email to equipment owners when ther is nothing due.

Michele M.
Industry: Industrial Automation

Looking forward to the ease of use

Reviewed on 2019/12/17

we will definitely be able to deliver quicker service to our customers now that we can input data instantly. We will also be saving on a lot of paper as we used to print out forms to fill out for each instruments. It's nice to say we are doing our part for the environment.

Pros

the reminders of all the test instruments and customer instruments pop up automatically.

Cons

there is nothing i can say that I like the least at the moment as we are still in the set up phase.

Kathianne R.

Best in the Business

Reviewed on 2015/11/13

Having worked with and validated numerous systems for various pharmaceutical and biotech companies over the years, including other calibration and maintenance management systems, I found ProCalV5 to be the easiest to work with, validate, and implement. The system is intuitive, flexible, and mature, thus reducing the time and effort from initial purchase to Production roll-out to the end users. The customer service and support staff at PTI are extremely knowledgeable and responsive. Response time to questions or any concerns was almost immediate in many cases. There is no question that my organization is 100% satisfied with our decision to move forward with ProCalV5 as our calibration and maintenance management solution.

Mick R.

Once Upon A Time In A Galaxy.

Reviewed on 2011/01/31

For some company's cal data, the ability to delete anything anywhere would be helpful. Being forced to live with, keep, etc., data mistakes is not desireable. A person should be able to alter/delete anything that is entered if the Company policy allows it.

Pros

ProCalV5 does everything I need it to do fairly well with out too many "Dang-it, it won't do that"s.

Cons

Need to be able to delete one (1) cal record without losing the entire record for that one instrument. I.e.- Reassigned an instrument and gave it a new Instrument Id. The old obsolete Instrument Id. keeps popping up unless you give it a "next cal due date" that's way in the future. OR... maybe, I just don't know what the H*#% I'm doing.

Tom B.

ProCal Review from an IT-Perspective

Reviewed on 2014/08/06

From an I.T.-perspective, the software implementation and configuration tasks were painless. I especially like the training and configuration workshop concept that Prime Technologies follows. As opposed to other I.T. projects, where we implement and then train, I thought this process made more sense. It allowed our users to see and learn all aspects of the system, configure the system, and then try it to make sure it functions as intended.
After the workshop, validation documentation, production implementations, data migrations, and official cutover activities are conducted.

As for the actual software, I would not be able to comment on its effectiveness.

Miriam C.

Excellent software and customer service

Reviewed on 2011/01/28

It is a bit overwhelming at the beginning, because of all the features. Break it down in little pieces and once you are comfortable with an area move to the next one. The technical support is always there to help with any questions during any phase of the implementation.

Pros

* Customer Service is always exceptional
* The software has endless features, so it not only supports our current needs but it has a lot of room to grow
* Extremely flexible to customize it to your company needs
* Customized data migration process from our old calibration software

Cons

Have not found one yet

Duane B.

Global Implementation Process: Prime Technologies ProCal V5

Reviewed on 2014/08/06

Praxair selected Prime Technologies to implement the ProCal instrument calibration software in all global production facilities. The Prime technologies team has exceeded expectations supporting Praxair in design, configuration, training and validation of the solution. Great response by all Prime team members, excellent demonstrated customer service with response, professionalism which has resulted in a project which is on schedule/on budget and most importantly meets our expected results.
This project will run through 2015 and we have no concerns with completion that meets our global customer requirements.

Alberto A.

ProcalV5

Reviewed on 2014/08/06

Pros:
The product works great and has lots of functionality.
Great for multiple users.
Easy to print out reports and Cal Certs.

Cons:
Administrator Features could be a little more robust. Would be nice to see who has been idle.

Overall:
This is great product and well worth the money. Every time we call them they come up with a solution in a timely manner. Sometimes even same day. We have over 400,000 calibrations in the system and still runs smooth. They were very supportive when we rolled out the system.