SlickPie

Free Accounting Software for Small Businesses

4,9
4,8
Wesley M.

Slickpie is a nice basic FREE accounting software for a small business.

Reviewed on 2018/04/24

Pros

It's free! The user interface is easy to use and understand, though it did take me awhile to figure out how to record a credit card fee on a transaction. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of a full featured accounting software, but it should work for most small business needs.

Cons

It can be slow at times and take a long time to load pages. The reports are exported to a plain looking excel sheet. It would be nice if you could print from the screen to a pdf document that looked like the report on the screen.

Trevin W.

Support team is excellent

Reviewed on 2016/09/07

I've had any problems when using the software, but I had a few technical doubts during the first days operating in it. I contacted the support team to help me solve a few questions and they were excellent. Their answers came after a short time lapse, and they clarified everything I needed to know. The software is not at its full potential yet as they mentioned that new resources are launched every week, but I'm more than satisfied.

Pros

Excellent support team and responses.

Cons

The support section on the website is not totally completed yet.

Duncan F.

I like its automation resources

Reviewed on 2016/09/05

SlickPie is a good accounting software overall, but what makes me use it are the automation resources. I usually set up recurring invoices to be automatically sent to my clients with specific details once a month. This saves me a lot of time and it works perfectly every time. Another resource that I often use are the automatic payment reminders, which are sent on certain dates according to each invoice. This is bringing me terrific results regarding the time I have to wait before I get paid.

Pros

The recurring invoices and payment reminders are terrific

Cons

I would enjoy having even more automation features available

Jag B.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Pretty Good

Reviewed on 2016/06/16

Pretty good program if you are looking for a simpler solution for your business accounting. I basically use it for invoicing and billing, and study the financial reports once a week. It’s an easy software to use, and their online support deserves lots of high-fives.

Pros

It’s simple and it does what I need. Really good online support.

Cons

They could add a couple more in-app videos.

Oluwatobi O.

SlickPie is amazingly cheap

Reviewed on 2017/04/14

What I like best about SlickPie is its cost-benefit rate. We switched to SlickPie because it offers tons of features and benefits that would cost us a lot of money in most of the other accounting software out there.

Pros

Free

Cons

None

Rochelle anniza R.
Industry: Consumer Services

Easy to use, slick

Reviewed on 2017/03/14

I do not have accounting background so I had to go thru all the tutorials and help articles at first, but now I do not find any trouble using SlickPie. The tutorial video is very helpful at the beginning to help me start up my business system. The support team is very helpful and they response immediately to my problem. This saves me a lot of time and I can get back to my business immediately. It is not a hard program to master, but if you have zero accounting knowledge you will have to read some stuff first (unless you want really simple things like sending invoices, then you would be good to go from the start).

Pros

Excellent support team

Cons

I think, in-app wizards would be a great addition.

Jayalakshmi K.
Industry: Insurance

Automatic transaction

Reviewed on 2019/01/07
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

This software is very useful for freelancers. Effort less, Small firm people also can access easily. It have major advantage like, getting information from bills and convert into digital data. And there is no need of manual work for entering invoices. We can also collect the vendor name, transaction date, due date amt and tax too. This softwate is not much more expensive for small business people.

Cons

Its a Ultimate tool because we can store and retrieve accounting information from cloud. But bit difficulty for beginners.

Andrea J.

Reviewed on 2018/11/21
Ayushi M.

Very easy to use, manages invoicing

Reviewed on 2018/03/16

Pros

This application tracks your invoices, manages payables and receivables and is very efficient. Has met my expectations.

Luke G.

Beautiful, intuitive interface.

Reviewed on 2017/11/29

Pros

Practical and very productive. Pricing is very reasonable. Great for the non accountant, I was up and running in an hour.

Cons

I guess the the site could be a little more snappy, but that is a very small concern. I have not found many features that are missing.

Aminul al M.

Intuitive, but not perfect

Reviewed on 2017/06/14

Pros

Yes, the software is pretty easy to use and intuitive as they say, but not for all actions. For instance, creating your opening balance demands going thru the tutorials and spending some time into it. I know this is a one-time-only action, but still is not as easy to do it. For the regular actions like invoicing, managing bills, getting live bank feeds, etc, the software is easy and intuitive, so I guess there is still some room for improvement.

Cons

some unique tasks demand further understanding of accounting. I know very little about it, but I can tell it would be better if you already know one or two things before fully using the app.

Emanuele B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Good system, but it overpromises and underdelivers

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/11/06

I thank slickpie for opening my mind into the possibility of managing my accountancy online

Pros

When I first started using slickpie I was very happy to have my accountancy in one place.
I used for more than 2 years for my freelance activity and it was a good choice at the start.

Cons

After a few months, the invoice list became messy and it was difficult to transform a quote into an invoice until the customer had approved it into a messy email he would receive.
Another problem was the invoice number that couldn't be duplicated at the beginning of the new year.
And sometimes the server didn't allow me to print my documents... very frustrating

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Alan B.
Industry: Executive Office

It's a good accounting app

Reviewed on 2017/03/11

It's a simple and easy to understand program. I use it mostly to run my day-to-day business operations like sending invoices and managing bills. Something that catches my attention very often is the dashboard design, which looks modern and trendy even when compared to non-accounting software dashboards.

Pros

Simple and easy to understand

Cons

There aren't many integrations available

Devarshi M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Best cloud accounting platform

Reviewed on 2017/03/30

This app works well with my company and it is indeed very simple to use. The best thing about this app is the attaching source documents feature. It makes my company saves a lot of papers and it is very helpful for my customer to see their payment. Another thing I like about this app is the automated data entry feature that allows me to enter my data in instant and quicker than manual data entry. Pretty cleaver.

Pros

Great features

Cons

it has inventory input, but not inventory management

Christine D.
Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great software!

Reviewed on 2018/04/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

First, it's 100% Free online accounting software. You can't beat free! It is super easy-to-use, no need to hire any accountant. It offers a ton of different features and it is really easy to understand.

Cons

I don't use some of the features, such as the billing part to my clients. I prefer to use my own invoices.

Harp K.
Industry: Food & Beverages
Company size: Self Employed

It is a great app for small business owners

Reviewed on 2017/03/14

SlickPie is a user-friendly accounting system. The tutorial videos are helpful with easy-to-understand steps. I could set my customer account instantly and do all my transaction very fast. I have been using this app for 3 months and it never crashed. I highly recommend it for small business owners.

Pros

It has many features

Cons

There are not many options for charts

Priya M.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

This is user friendly

Reviewed on 2017/03/10

It was very user friendly. It was super easy to learn - I was comfortable with it after a few videos and training material. The dashboard is nice and makes it easy to track the progress of my business, and I can do all my transactions within a few minutes. I recommend it if you're a small company .

Pros

It is very easy and simple to use.

Cons

Can add some more videos on usage.

Manjur A.
Industry: Financial Services

A free CLoud Based accounting tool suitable for early adopters

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/03/28

Pros

Easy Interface and Lucid design. The Fact itself that this is completely free cloud-based accounting tool.

Cons

Reporting and customer support is disappointing, sometimes some bank feeds specifically from India are not supported.

Abby S.

Best deal for sure

Reviewed on 2016/09/13

Instead of spending hundreds of dollars every year on other online accounting software I decided to look for a free app, and SlickPie was this app. To summarize my thoughts about it, this is a full-service accounting app that I use on daily basis to do my biz accounting. It does everything that the big paid software do (invoices, bills, reports, etc), but it does it for free and it's actually faster than most of the other ones I've tried. Not much to say here, it's a great app and it's free.

Pros

Full-service fast accounting app for free

Cons

I don't need any fancy features, I'm cool with the core ones.

Uğur M.
Industry: Education Management

user friendly

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/10/18

best accounting platform I use

Pros

easy to use program
Has a simple interface
great to be free

Cons

in my opinion ad too much advertising...

Debra S.

It looks like it would be really good - if the site ever loads after the login page.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/02/13

None. The site wouldn't load after log in.

Pros

If I'm ever able to log in, I'll let you know. Now I'm wondering where my registration details went to. I suppose, it hasn't cost anything to do nothing, I hope.

Cons

As above. It doesn't load after log in. If I'm ever able to log in - and frankly I'm not likely to try again.

Response from SlickPie

Hi there,

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your feedback. We were having a technical update that lasted for a couple of hours and the app wasn't supposed to load during that process, but now that's done.

Please feel free to give it a try at any time now and everything should work as seamless as usual.

Thank you and enjoy a great day.

The SlickPie Team

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Ishe G.

is quit attrictive to see the add and we will comment when we use and see how does this is

Reviewed on 2016/11/02

We are the newly organization we don have much knowlodge. but i am intresting to buy my onw packag which i can download and use not online always that my importatnt

Rodney B.

Reviewed on 2017/11/07
Jacqueline G.

Reviewed on 2019/05/09
Md amirul I.
Industry: Internet

This app is addictive

Reviewed on 2016/11/03

I can’t stop using this app. It just feels so good accessing my company finances from anywhere that I simply keep doing it all day long. Every time I get paid I immediately check to see how that money will impact my cash flow for the time being. It’s rewarding to see my numbers increasing after a long day of work, and since this app is so slick to use I end up preferring to check my bank data through the app. Another highly addictive thing is taking a look at the reports at the end of each week to think about new tweaks to improve the results for next week.

Pros

Slick app with useful reports

Cons

More charts are needed