Kindrid Reviews

Kindrid

Mobile giving and donor engagement for churches & nonprofits

4.7/5 (125 reviews)
Jodi K.

The Kindrid Team is great; I use the product daily and it meets my needs to process our text giving.

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

This software allowed our organization (a church) to offer text giving to both our members and to guest users. Anyone was able to make a donation to our church. Sometimes we have a special designated offering and this software allows me to easily make changes and additions to categorize the gifts. This software also interfaces well with my financial software and it allows me to import the text giving directly into my contribution database (I use ACS). I have been using this software for several years and use it almost daily. I allows me to see in real time each gift amount and donor information as it is given. It has increased our giving both in amount and in frequency. Many of our donors set up recurring gifts which is a wonderful feature. Anytime that I needed any assistance from Kindrid I was able to reach them immediately in online live conversation and they have always been very attentive and knowledgeable and able to assist me. I am thankful for this product and it definitely meets and even exceeds my needs.

Pros

I love how quickly the Kindrid Team responds to my questions and helps me to walk through with set up and any changes that I want to make to our text giving platform. I also love that this product captures information from the text giving in real time and I can see donations as they happen. This product interfaces with my ACS giving software which makes importing text donations to my financial software so easy. It is very user friendly with set up and making changes as needed. I would definitely recommend this product.

Cons

I would prefer that the per donation charges and fees were applied and debited monthly rather than from each individual transaction. I realize that this may be a personal preference but I use another software for other credit and debit processing that does it this way and I find it works much better for me in my bookkeeping when I am able to track a one time monthly charge and fee rather than individual transaction fees. I do realize this may not be as beneficial to Kindrid however. They do bill the plan fee monthly but each transaction fee is posted individually to the transaction.

Response from Kindrid

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, Jodi! We appreciate your feedback on having the processing fees be deducted monthly. I've sent that feature request over to our product team for consideration.

We're grateful to be serving Oak Hill Baptist church!

The KINDRID Team

Kindrid makes it extremely easy for our church to manage our text giving

Reviewed on 2018/02/07

We use this service to provide our attenders with the ability to make contributions via text. They simply text a keyword to a short code number and set up an account. Once that is done, they can give whenever they want by texting a keyword and a number. They can make one time gifts or recurring gifts. We have seen people give via this method that have never given any other way. It is so easy for people to use, and it is extremely easy for us to manage. It integrates easily with our database and is easy for our accountant to reconcile.

Pros

It integrates easily with our database. It takes me only a few minutes a day to import the giving. Our users love the simplicity of using it. They can make one time contributions or set up recurring giving. They can also easily give toward different funds so we can use it for different purposes. Their customer service is outstanding. They always respond quickly, and they really worked hard to get the correct integration with our database setup. They listen to our needs and help us make sure we are collecting the information we need about our givers.

Cons

The reporting is quite limited. I can't always get the reports I want, but if I ask support, they can send them.

Kelli M.

Good platform but needs more administrative features

Reviewed on 2018/06/12

fast and east texting for the users. Clunky on the admin side. Kindrid integration with other platforms has not worked for us.

Pros

Quick and easy on the user end to send a text and set up account. Easy to set deposits as either manual or automatic. Keywords are easy to set up on demand.

Cons

Administrative features need imrpovement. Cannot run reports by keyword; no abililty for our church to assist users with changes to their accounts, we need to go through kindrid support. Inabilty to designate more than one bank account for deposits (a feature available on Paypal), which requires more administrative work on the back end. Could use a better mobile platform - edit features for the user do not always work. Administrative reporting overall could be better.

Response from Kindrid

Thank you so much for your review Kelli! We're making some awesome improvements to our dashboard and admin experience that will be in action soon. One of the features that will implemented is the ability to run designation reports.

We'll keep you posted on when these updated features become available.

The KINDRID Team

7.0/10
Jacob P.

Easy platform that will make a big impact on your digital giving

Reviewed on 2017/12/05

An immediate increase in giving by adding text-to-give. The giving option has become 12% of our giving.

Pros

Kindrid is very easy to set up. It typically can be done in under 30 minutes. Its a very affordable platform where you will so a return on the investment very quick. Their customer support are quick to respond to any request and very helpful.

Cons

We've tried to customize some areas of the system, but have been unsuccessful. For example, we'd like to customize the automated response when a gift is process, but that is nailed down and non-customizable. Our integration with FellowshipOne is also limited and needs to be expanded to feed ACH donations accurately.

Response from Kindrid

Hi there Jacob!
Thank you so much for the great review and for trusting us with Hope Fellowship's giving. I'm so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with the KINDRID set up. I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on account customization as well as the limitations you're experiencing with the Fellowship One integration. I'll follow up via email soon!
-Alex, KINDRID Team

Theresa E.

I love working with Kindrid they have a great product and the best customer service out there.

Reviewed on 2018/06/15

Pros

I have been using Kindrid since October 2015. This product is very user friendly and easy to manage. The customer service surpasses any customer service I have ever known. The Kindrid team is always willing to help with anything you need. They are continuously looking for ways to improve their product. They have been working on an integration for us within a software program and through out the entire process they have been supportive and have worked diligently to get the integration worked out. We are still in the process but they always keep a positive attitude and do what ever they can to help. They truly go above and beyond. I absolutely love their product and their customer service. I highly recommend them to everyone who asks.

Cons

This one is a hard one for me because I truly love using Kindrid and working with their staff. If I had to pick something it would be the refund recording.

Dustin S.

Kindrid/Give.Church has changed the way our givers contribute to our church with great ease

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Faster, Simpler, and more Efficient record reporting.

Pros

The Kindrid software has made our end of the month reconciling so much simpler with the way it syncs with so many avenues of our database system. With our organizations running all contribution records through Shelby Arena, Kindrid has made the importing and communication process very smooth between the two systems.

Cons

I am not one for typing many bad reviews... But one thing that could be worked on in regards to wrapping up an end of the month giving statement. Once, you have dispersed funds for the month, there are some times where a refund may hit after the end of the month amounts have been closed causing the CSV and XML reports to not reflect the refunds or just cancel out the previous gift. We have had to manually make these corrections before importing the contributions into Shelby Arena.

Patricia S.

A Needed Innovation

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2019/04/29

Pros

Why did it take so long for mobile giving to become a thing? Kindrid is an innovation that finally represents the true generational shift in finance management and giving. Millennials just don't carry cash! (Don't even get stated on checks. What are those?) But it doesn't mean they don't want to give. This text-to-give platform makes it easy for people to give to institutions such as churches, non-profits, and any other kind of benefit fundraiser situation on the go from their phone. It's the needed innovation in a modern landscape and exactly the kind of problem technology should be solving for our everyday lives.

Cons

Of course we wish everything were automatic, and that's not always the case. There is a one-time setup for first givers that is unavoidable. But the platform does its best to make it as painless as possible through a series of onboarding texts to get your account information and verifications. Overall, it could be worse. And once complete, you never have to do it again (thank goodness). Another possible con is some phone carriers don't allow you to text short codes--but this can be resolved since Kindrid provides a full-length phone number (you just have to get it).

John R.

Give.Church is a Simple, Fantastic Solution

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

Overall, we love Give.Church. Not only is it a great giving solution for churches, but they are easy to work with. The staff at Give.Church is responsive and well trained on their products. We highly recommend them to you!!

Pros

Our church has used Give.Church for two years now. We originally signed up because of the belief that texting to give was going to be the next wave for donation technology in the church. We love the ease of use and the ability for anyone with a cell phone and texting capabilities to start giving within a couple of minutes.

Cons

The one thing that we wish were a little easier to use is the online giving function. While it is sufficient (and efficient for for software development purposes), it still relies on the platform of a cell phone number to give. We haven't had any significant pushback from this feature, but it makes online giving slightly more cumbersome than other platforms.

Joshua H.

Amazing Giving Platform!

Reviewed on 2019/08/22

Online Giving. Text to Give. Recurring Giving.

Pros

Very intuitive interface, straight forward and packed with tons of features. Their text to give feature was the main reason that we made the switch from our previous giving platform. Before the switch we had maybe 20% of our congregation give through our online platform. Since we have made the switch over to Kindrid we are now at around 90% of our giving comes from either online or text to give. Also, we have seen increases in overall giving year-over-year. They also give you a fair amount of promotional tools to promote and encourage generous giving. 10 out 10 would recommend Kindrid!

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about them.

Terrell K.

Kindrid is a joy to use. Support is very responsive and we have seen a 15% increase in giving.

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

Pros

Kindrid has been a joy to use. Customer support is very responsive and we saw a 15% increase in giving after the first year of use. The integration with Church Community Builder was simple to setup and has worked much better than other giving app integrations we have experienced in the past.

Cons

The only con was getting people on-boarded to the system but Kindrid does offer graphic material as well as a video. The only thing that would have made it better was if there video was a Premiere/After Effects file and was structured in such a way that our video team could have quickly manipulated it to be a better fit to our branding.

Steve C.

Very simple and great rates.

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Great giving solution

Pros

Simplicity. Cheaper rates. Great customer service. They have always been very responsive and very helpful. The user experience is really simple and fairly intuitive.

Cons

Lacking some basic features. Dashboard is pretty basic. Lacks more detailed reporting. Basic questions like how many recurring givers, how many new givers, etc are hard to track down.

Response from Kindrid

Hey Steve! Thanks for sharing your experience using our platform. We hear you on the needed dashboard updates. Happy to report that we're currently working on a redesign that we hope will make your job a whole lot easier. We'll let you know when it's ready! Grateful to serve you guys!

Jordan B.

It's very user-friendly and the interface is easy to navigate.

Reviewed on 2018/01/19

Pros

I like how easy it is for our members to give via text and online. The integration with CCB is smooth as well.

Cons

I am not a fan of the limited ways you can download reports. I wish there was a way we could have the option to easily run reports on the website without having to download. The reports would need to have the option to sort by campus and designation within that campus.

Response from Kindrid

Thank you for the great feedback, Jordan! We love serving 3trees Church and are so grateful that you trust us with your giving. Our product team will be happy to hear about your positive experience with the CCB integration. I'd love to hear more of your thoughts on running live reports on the dashboard without requiring a download. I'll be sending you an email soon!
Thanks again, Jordan!
-Alex, KINDRID Team

7.0/10
Gary B.

Great program for online giving

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

We are a new church that rents from another church. A few times a year we have to meet off campus. With the online option people are able to give, without us having to secure all of their tithes while off site.

Pros

How easy it makes it for the church and our donors. Not just for tithes but also paying for outings and small groups. Creating designations for different things is a life saver. More and more of our people are taking advantage.

Cons

If anything, that it seems to only work through text. Even if you use the button provided for your website. That is minor though.

Scott C.

Feature rich, easy to use, responsive and friendly/responsive customer support.

Reviewed on 2017/11/08

Pros

It's easy to use, we had text donations up and running and tested in less than an hour. The administrative screens are intuitive, system is very stable and responsive. The customer support team is very friendly, patient and responsive to my questions or support needs. The donor response to the system has been very favorable and widely accepted. I highly recommend this software.

Cons

There are very few cons in my opinion, everything works well. One con is that we aren't able to use Kindrid in other countries.

Shelley S.

User friendly text giving

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

I love that I can send an individual giver a link to exactly what amount, frequency, and/or designation they're looking for, and I love that the security measure of a pin is in place. I am finding, however, that the pin number is difficult for our older users to understand - that's not necessarily Give.Church's responsibility to fix, but maybe if there were another option given (many websites give the choice between text or email, or take other routes to verify identity), it'd help those who want to use it but have trouble.

Pros

The ability to make quick work of any edits or reports I need to run.

Cons

The lack of more customization options - I'd love to be able to customize the size of the text, the background color or image, the addition of something that encourages ACH giving built into the giving page, not just a separate link I can send. Maybe to be able to build the page into something that can be embedded instead of opened in a new window.

John R.

Our church plant uses Kindrid for gifts from both partners and the new congregation.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2017/12/05

Giving security and ease of use for people wanting to donate to our church.

Pros

Simplicity with options. I love that Kindrid makes it easy to give. They also have great security for givers and have intelligent options - such as giving directly from your bank account to avoid credit and debit card fees. Another "bonus" is that they communicate well with givers. Recurring gifts always come with a "thank you for giving" email or text to encourage and thank the givers.
Finally, I would say that their customer service has been fantastic during the one or two times that we've needed their help. I highly recommend this organization!

Cons

I haven't run into any significant issues and we've been with Kindrid for about a year and a half. If I had to list something, I would probably say that their new rollout of give.church has generated the need for some explanation to our people that the name change is part of a system-wide upgrade, not a change of companies.

Jim P.

Idiot Proof! Anybody can give on this platform.

Reviewed on 2018/08/27

Since we began using give.church our online gifts have steadily increased. We've used designations to target first time givers and it's been great. Consistent upgrades and new features are keeping us on the cutting edge of digital giving in church. Love it!

Pros

Far and away the easiest user process I've ever used.

Cons

I honestly have a hard time finding a problem with it. At first they didn't take ACH payments and that was my biggest issue. But they added that option.

Laura H.

Kindrid is extremely easy to use. Great customer support.

Reviewed on 2018/06/07

Pros

Kindrid is very easy to use. Any time help is needed they respond quickly and efficiently. Text giving key words are easy to add. Settlement list of deposits is easy to understand and to export as needed.

Cons

Only con, is I wish there was some type of notification when a new giver needs to be matched. I don't always remember to check and it would great to know when I needed to take care of that.

Ramon H.

Kindred gets you started

Reviewed on 2018/07/31

Kindred takes the work out of it for the user. I love that I can request and customize a report and just print it out! I enjoy making designations at a moments notice as well as the marketing material that you are giving!

Pros

The set up is simple and the functionality is user friendly. The dashboard gives you all of your analytics and does the work for you! Exactly what you are looking for as church leader!

Cons

At times when there is a delay or a system issue the communication can be delayed. Hearing about it when it has been figured out instead of when it has just happened is an area of improvement.

Ginny H.

Love kindrid

Reviewed on 2018/06/09

Pros

Easy to use, love the fact they use the stripe platform. Also the fact the credit card fees are shown. Love the way the export report looks.

Cons

We really miss the addresses of the new contributors. I have so many people with the same names in my database so the address is helpful. Also some of our users don't have a cell phone so using an email to log In would be a great thing.

Marcio P.

Using Kindrid

Reviewed on 2018/08/24

Great and I would definitely recommend it to someone else

Pros

It's very user friendly. I would definitely recommended it to everyone.

Cons

You can't use spaces in your sub-categories. For example our church has categories for people to give via text such as: Student Ministry, Young Adults, etc...

But when we type it via text or set it up in the admin side we have to type YoungAdults without a space.

Marc S.

Kindrid has taken us to the Next Level in Online Giving

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Pros

We love the ease of use for our regular/recurring and new/one-time donors. Our online giving has increased dramatically since we started with Kindrid/Give.Church at the beginning of 2016. On the back-office side, we appreciate how easy it is to access a variety of reports and to import data directly into our donor/database software (CCB).

Cons

Of course we wish it was less expensive, but we have compared it with other vendors twice since we started and Kindrid/Give.Church has been less than or equal to the competition both times.

Amber V.

Kindrid is user friendly. Our customers love the two-step authentication - makes them feel secure.

Reviewed on 2018/01/25

Pros

Their Customer Service is top notch! Their people are knowledgeable and always respond quickly - usually within minutes!! If I actually manage to stump them with a question, they get back to me within 24 hours with a solution.

Cons

There is no "comment" section. We also have quite a lot of issues because there is not a comment section where people can specify a person or mission group to which they would like the donation to go. I would also like a much greater ability to customize the email receipts as well as the giving page.

Jenifer W.

Choosing Kindrid for text giving was a great decision!

Reviewed on 2017/12/14

Pros

Ease of use for givers. Responsiveness of team when we need help. Constant development to make the product better.

Cons

I wish there was a way to handle event registration or product purchases with Kindrid but totally understand it's not their focus. I just wish I could find a software that was as great as Kindrid for events and merch. :)

Jd C.

Great Software that has made a HUGE difference in our giving

Reviewed on 2018/06/14

Pros

Simple, good UI, quick, bullet proof are all words that come to mind. I have teenagers using it because it is quick easy and electronic. It promotes giving. The customer support is amazing - great team! We like having our own text to give phone number as opposed to other companies that don't offer that feature.

Cons

Not much. Integration is always the big challenge. It currently works well with our database but it doesn't integrate with everything out there. As we look to move database companies it limits our choice if we want to stay with Kindrid. That's not an active negative but we are finding that it impacts our search for another church database.