Bindle

Vacation & PTO tracking software for growing teams.

Jo
  • Industry: Law Practice

Bindle is Beaut

Reviewed on 2017/02/16

Bindle is great - it has freed up a lot of my time and made managing staff leave much easier (and reduced paperwork significantly). Damian has been of great assistance getting me set up and assisting with items that weren't so straightforward. Thanks Bindle!!!! I can highly recommend :)

Pros

Easy - love the email system

Cons

The fact that leave can only be taken in half day blocks. Would be great if you could nominate hours/minutes of leave.

Response from Bindle Software

Thanks so much Jo for your kind words. We're glad that we're helping reduce your paperwork a bit. Makes us quite happy actually!

Edit: 15th March 2017 - We're listening! We've now released the ability to book just a few hours off.

Andrew

Perfect fit for us

Reviewed on 2021/11/14

Overall experience and customer service has been positive

Overall experience and customer service has been positive

Pros

Moved from individual spreadsheets to bindle for seven employees. Very effective at accumulating the individuals for accounting. Also easy to set up.

Cons

I do not have a lot of experience with PTO tracking. So I have no comment.

Jennifer

Better functionality regarding time off - half, quarter, etc

Reviewed on 2017/10/23

Pros

Allows you to see all in the company that are taking off on the dashboard, which helps with project scheduling.

Cons

Not friendly/flexible based on hours/timing. Make the calendar more flexible, longer range. Hard if you click "out" and then go back.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Jennifer - Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on Bindle with us.

However, we're not really sure what you mean regarding some of the "Cons" you've mentioned. We'll get the Support Team to reach out to find out more.

Hopefully we can make Bindle better for you.

Thanks again Jennifer!

Lawrence

Massive Time Savings

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Very intuitive for both admins and employees.

Cons

I would love it even more if there was an app.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Lawrence

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and leaving us a review. We really appreciate it.

Great to hear Bindle is easy to set up and very intuitive. We try really hard to design it that way. It isn't easy for sure. Sounds like Bindle is saving some of your precious time as well. Nice.

An app is in the works and is on the list somewhere... Ah yes, I see it in there!

Cindy
  • Industry: Legal Services

Bindle Has Saved Me Time!

Reviewed on 2021/08/20

Bindle has been nothing but a good experience.

Bindle has been nothing but a good experience.

Pros

Bindle is very easy to use. Employees like it because they can check on their PTO days without going through the Office Manager.

Cons

There is nothing I have found that I do not like about Bindle. It is a great Paid Time Off tracking system.

Peter
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Great way to keep track of leave

Reviewed on 2020/08/08

Perfect for our needs

Perfect for our needs

Pros

We moved to in-house payroll but the system had no self-service leave function. Bindle provided a simple, comprehensive and cost effective solution to implement and use. It only takes a few seconds to apply for or approve leave.

Cons

Although it works fine from a phone browser, would be better to have an app.

Ben
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Missing a key component

Reviewed on 2018/11/12

Pros

Simple to understand and easy enough to use

Cons

No calendar function. This seems crazy to me for software that is based around dates

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Ben - Thanks for taking the time to give Bindle a review. However, we find your review a little contradictory and slightly confusing.

You say Bindle is "easy enough to use", yet you give us 1-star for "Ease of Use"?

Reminds me a bit of one of those parody Amazon reviews, "Monsters Inc. 1-star. Too many monsters!" ;)

Anyway moving on...

Bindle already comes with a built-in Wallchart, which is basically a vertical calendar (of sorts).

In addition, you can connect Bindle to the calendar you already use (like Outlook, Google, or Apple Calendar) to see everything in there.

Perhaps you're after another way to view what's happening in Bindle?

Our "5-star" customer support team is going to reach out to find out a bit more about what you mean. You're obviously frustrated enough about it to take time to write this review, so something is amiss.

Thanks again for taking the time to share your thoughts and we'll be reaching out shortly.

Emile

Bindle

Reviewed on 2019/12/07

excellent customer service for a very good tool

excellent customer service for a very good tool

Pros

Excellent tool for measuring staff leave
ease of use

Cons

we would like to have a few extra functions

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Emile,

Thanks for your kind words. We're always keen to hear about additional functionality that our customers would find useful. Please contact [email protected] with details.

thanks

Irene

Fantastic & easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

This tool has been fantastic! I would recommend to small-medium sized businesses.
The customer...

The customer support I have received from the Bindle team is quick and very helpful also. They ask and LISTEN to feedback. Thanks Bindle Team! :)

Pros

Bindle is a very simple, intuitive platform to use. We are a start-up business of now 30 employees across 3 different business groups. This system is quite generic so it allows us to customise it to what we require for each business and across various countries including Australia, US and Netherlands.
Fun, casual user feel and look.

Cons

Tracking Time Off In Lieu can be difficult to manage.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Irene. Wow. Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot to us!

Heather

Individuals are more accountable, info is more accurate, processing payroll is much more...

Reviewed on 2018/06/11

Efficient time off management for team of about 15 people in a busy office.

Efficient time off management for team of about 15 people in a busy office.

Pros

Having a centralised place for all staff leave requests which is more efficient, reduces human error, saves paper and time. Clear summary on Wallchart which can be viewed in Outlook alongside other calendars.

Cons

Hours can't be customised as required. Need 15 minute intervals, eg. to show that a staff member is out of office for the day on personal or annual leave, but does 45 minutes work from home.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Heather - Thanks for taking the time to review Bindle! Sounds like using Bindle is making quite a positive difference at Gresely Abas. We're looking at making time-off intervals more granular. We'll keep you informed.

Kala
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Simple and effective product that is worth the low cost

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

Great, the customer service is great and the price is fair for the basic and effective product.

Pros

We needed a basic tool to track vacation time without a ton of bells and whistles. This had exactly what we needed by integrating directly to our google calendar and is simple to use.

Cons

I wish I could access the google calendar from the bindle website. One time I couldn't figure out how to add a request to the company calendar and I had to go back to the original request email and click the add to calendar button. It would be nice to be able to add to the calendar from Bindle.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Kala,

Thanks for your great review and feedback about the calendar links.

I am interested in getting more details about the calendar issue. Would you mind emailing [email protected] with more details and we will look into it.

thanks

Donnalynn
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Great solution for small business

Reviewed on 2020/06/05

Pros

Bindle is super easy to setup and have running to track all employee vacation or personal leave requests. We easily integrated a time in lieu option for ourselves.
Bindle is affordable for a small business and beats tracking in excel any day !

Cons

Currently there is only 1 administrator type. It would be ideal if each department manager could have admin privileges for just their employees.

Martha

Very intuitive software

Reviewed on 2017/06/27

Pros

I find it easy to use and understand. This is significant as I am not particularly a 'techie' type. I particularly like being able to see the organization's calendar before I approve a vacation, which helps in making a decision.

Cons

It would be great to have this interface with Outlook calendar. When I approved vacation time it would be nice to have this show up on Outlook. I still have to do this manually in order to keep track of when people in my department will be gone.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Martha - Thanks for the 5 star review!

So it turns out you can already see Bindle bookings in Outlook!

All you need to do is log in to Bindle, go to the Wallchart, and click on the link at the very bottom called "View the Wallchart in your own calendar". Presto! Now Outlook will automatically contain all your Bindle bookings. Here's a blog article all about it.... https://www.bindle.io/blog/calendar-feed

Thanks again!

Inna

Reviewed on 2019/02/27

Pros

Bindle is a very easy and pleasant to use tool. It helps really great for small and middle companies to track their PTOs. The logic and interface of the system is very easy, allows to make reports for your internal analytics. Support team is responsive and is ready to implement almost all features their clients offer. Platform has very useful integrations, as with Slack.
The more concise the tool, the better.

Cons

The wallchart and internal calendars should be improved. General functionality has to offer more custom settings on variaty of internal companies' policies.

Response from Bindle Software

Thanks for your review Inna.

We tried hard to make Bindle a very easy and pleasant tool to use, so it's great to hear that it is!

As you know, we're also continually improving Bindle and your comments here will definitely feed into that. Thanks again!

Lori
  • Industry: Insurance

Great attendance software for the money

Reviewed on 2019/05/06

By using Bindle, we have cut down on the amount of paper use in our attendance process. It also saves time for both requesting time off and approving it.

Pros

This product is easy to administer and use. The app is great to use as well. We have just been using it since the beginning of the year and I have only heard positive things from our employees.

Cons

The one thing that I don't like is switching between days and hours when looking at balances & bookings. We have one type of PTO that is by the day and another that is by the hour. It would be nice to be able to use different timing by the category.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Lori,

Thanks for your kind words.

We've noted your point about displaying hours or days for different types of leave and have added it to our list of features for future consideration.

thanks again

Roger

Easy and clear to work with.

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

Pros

I really like that the paid time off dates automatically appear on my Outlook calendar. I also like the ability to leave a note or reason with my determination. I also like that multiple requests are shown as a group and letting each employee know their PTO balance.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Roger - Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to review Bindle. We really appreciate it!

Debbie

We are very happy with Bindle PTO tracking!

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

Huge time saver, we were able to get off a paper based, manual system. Employees love it.

Pros

Easy to set up and use; the customer service is extremely responsive and helpful; and our employees love it!

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Debbie - Thanks for the glowing review! We really love hearing that we're doing things right!

Angela
  • Industry: Market Research

Good. Easy to use. Wish there were a few more options for WFH employees.

Reviewed on 2017/10/24

Tracking of employees out of the office as well as my own vac. time used.

Tracking of employees out of the office as well as my own vac. time used.

Pros

It is a very easy to use program. I also like the dashboard so you can see who is out that day and who is not to plan accordingly for the day.

Cons

No enough info to chose from - need work from home options. It would be nice to show who is working from home and when as well as have it approved by management.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Angela - Thanks so much for taking the time to share your views. Interestingly, you can configure Bindle to track work from home time. It's simply a matter of creating a new type for those requests in the Admin section. Simple! Bindle! Yay!

Morgan

Seamless, Fast and Easy experience

Reviewed on 2017/09/24

Pros

The app is extremely convenient,

There are so many offerings in this same space, but probably Bindle is the most simplistic of them.

I'd highly recommend them to any SMB-Mid Market company, hell, enterprise could use this software.

Cons

I cant think of anything from a user perspective, and i havent been exposed to the administrative side so i'm not really qualified to talk about that either.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Morgan - Thanks for the great review! We're glad you'd highly recommend us to businesses of all sizes. Getting feedback like this really inspires us to keep making Bindle better.

Jason

Works Great

Reviewed on 2018/03/18

Pros

My employees know how much time they have off without me telling them. This provides automatic communication between employees and employer

Cons

I would like an app for my phone. Maybe user error there but I could not find it in the app store. It would be great to make it more accessible.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Jason - Wow! Thanks for your review. It sounds like Bindle is working well for Regents School of Oxford.

It's not your fault you can't find our app in the App Store... we don't have one yet.

Bindle does work great on your mobile through your browser though! It's very nice on tablet devices too.

Jay
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Good software to organize employee's time off

Reviewed on 2019/05/07

Pros

Bindle is relatively easy to use. It has given our organization the ability to store all employee days off in one place that is accessible by both the users and managers. We like it!

Cons

Since i'm not a software guru, i don't have any significant comments about the software. I'm sure there are features that could be modified or added, but nothing critical that i can identify at this time.

Response from Bindle Software

Thanks for your positive feedback. We hope you continue to enjoy using Bindle.

Milena
  • Used for 1-5 months

Easy, straightforward and friendly

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Pros

The balance of annual leave! It used to be a pain having to calculate it.
It is easy, intuitive and simple to navigate
The combi-van icon makes me feel cool and makes you feel friendly

Cons

Nothing. Could perhaps have a bit more flexibility for days off that do not discount for leave (for example making up a day that one worked on the weekend)

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Milena - Wow! Excellent review. Thanks for sharing. Incidentally, Bindle admins can easily make balance adjustments for time off in lieu if you work weekends. Thanks again!

Robert

I'm acting National Sales Manager so have a number of direct reports that I need to juggle...

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

Pros

With Bindle, I can easily find data history within a click or two. Then I can approve days off with the convenient link emailed

Cons

At this time, I sometimes find that I have to get re-familiarized with Bindle since I only go in a few times a month. Once I'm working within the program, I must say I get brought back up to speed quickly

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Robert - Awesome! it sounds like Bindle is making your life just that tiny bit easier. Glad we can help!

Rebecca
  • Industry: Farming

Easy to set up and get the team running.

Reviewed on 2018/04/09

Pros

Simple to use and staff absolutely love being able to predict their holiday leave balance in advance.

Cons

Had some trouble figuring out how to accurately move our existing data to ensure accrual was precise.
I recommend implementing customisable reports.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Rebecca - Looks like you're loving Bindle! So glad your staff are getting good use out of the future balance calculator. We'll follow up with you about any extra reports you'd like to see in Bindle.

Amanda

Great to PTO Balances

Reviewed on 2018/11/04

Pros

Love that it gives a projected estimate of PTO time for future dates after taking into account any PTO that has already been scheduled.

Cons

Remote working days appear as "out of office" on our Google calendar. Actual PTO days show up as "out of office" too, which is confusing.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Amanda - Thanks for the review.

Yes, you're right! Labelling remote work days as "Out Of Office" is not really very helpful, is it?

To address this we've just added a little (optional) setting to reveal the actual type of time off in the Bindle calendar feed. It's a setting against each time off type. Your Bindle admin will have access to this.

This is a great little option to make the feed more informative in cases where showing the type of time off taken is not a privacy concern.

Thanks for the great feedback and we hope this new option we've just added helps!