Bindle

Web-based employee leave management system

Mark I.

Perfect for small buisness and start ups

Reviewed on 2020/02/26

Pros

Searched for ages to find a staff Holiday tracker for small teams that didn't force you into using complex HR software. Looked so long we considered building our own! Finally found Bindle & easy to set up and crucially do not need an instruction manual/training when I share with others in the team

Cons

Would be great if the Wallchart could be horizontal/timeline/gannt & allow full screen so it could be viewed on a tv monitor. Would allow us to visualise whos off better & for the whole year at once.

Response from Bindle Software

Thanks for your kind words Mark. Great to have a customer from my old home town of Aberdeen.

We have got a few ideas about the Wallchart, thanks for the suggestions.

Allen B.
  • Industry: Research

Great service to manage PTO for our Smallish staff

Reviewed on 2017/10/19

Easy to use. Simple for staff to request time. Quick in and out don't need a ton of extra steps. Visibility into who else has time of to ensure you're not stretched to thin staffing wise.

Pros

Easy to use and see who all has requested time off on the same day as the current request. Makes it simple to manage multiple employee's PTO requests. If you don't have the PTO management baked into your payroll or HR system I'd highly recommend this tool

Cons

To approve the PTO request you have to log into the system rather than just replying to the request email with your approval or disapproval. Also doesn't allow you to manage different accrual rates for staff so we had to manage that separately.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Allen - Thanks for the great review. Glad to hear that Bindle is something you'd highly recommend and that it's simple for staff to use.

Bindle is really good at maintaining different accrual rates for staff, so we'll follow up to find out why you are managing that separately.

Thanks again Allen!

Nick H.

My Review

Reviewed on 2020/02/11

Very positive and would've been perfect if do away with some of the negatives like controls mentioned above

Pros

Ease of use, ease of setup and maintenance

Cons

Controls missing. Not allowing closing off of past periods, not allowing some form of prevention on negative leave balance. This should be an option for customers to decide and not based on Bindle's your philosophy about leave. The name Bindle along with the logos does not tell what this software does and don't really look professional despite it being a great piece of software.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your review and kind words.

Bindle does allow you to prevent people making bookings which would give them a negative balance.

If however the booking in question is in the past, we do allow it to go forward for approval.

Our thinking is that bookings in the past have already happened. Preventing them being recorded in Bindle would be more annoying to more users than allowing the approver to decide.

I am interested in your comment about closing of past periods. We are currently working on changes how we display balances which we think will make things much clearer.

If you have time to reply with how you would like closing past periods to work, that would be very helpful.

Thanks again for your review and constructive feedback.

Howard

Kala K.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Simple and effective product that is worth the low cost

Reviewed on 2019/06/20

Great, the customer service is great and the price is fair for the basic and effective product.

Pros

We needed a basic tool to track vacation time without a ton of bells and whistles. This had exactly what we needed by integrating directly to our google calendar and is simple to use.

Cons

I wish I could access the google calendar from the bindle website. One time I couldn't figure out how to add a request to the company calendar and I had to go back to the original request email and click the add to calendar button. It would be nice to be able to add to the calendar from Bindle.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Kala,

Thanks for your great review and feedback about the calendar links.

I am interested in getting more details about the calendar issue. Would you mind emailing [email protected] with more details and we will look into it.

thanks

Howard

David J.

Brilliant program. Easily the best I've found.

Reviewed on 2018/01/11

Pros

Very easy to use and customise. Love the way it syncs with our shared calendar and takes care of public holidays.

Cons

Needs a better solution for casual / ppt staff and would be great if it integrated with programs such as MYOB and Xero

Response from Bindle Software

Hi David - Thanks so much for the great review of Bindle. We really love getting this feedback.

We hear you loud and clear regarding improved support for casual / part-time staff. We're putting the finishing touches on a much more intuitive way of setting up these types of people.

We'll keep you informed.

Bindle does what we need, for a good price

Reviewed on 2019/10/04

I looked at a whole lot of options for leave tracking, and found that others were either *very* expensive for a small nonprofit or didn't allow the kinds of tracking we needed. Was delighted to discover Bindle, which is flexible, user-friendly and affordable.

Pros

Easy to set up, can be customized to our leave policies and calendar, very good price.

Cons

Harder to change leave entries after the fact.

Response from Bindle Software

Thank you for your kind words, anonymous reviewer.

Glad to hear you're getting good value from Bindle.

Debbie C.

We are very happy with Bindle PTO tracking!

Reviewed on 2017/12/15

Huge time saver, we were able to get off a paper based, manual system. Employees love it.

Pros

Easy to set up and use; the customer service is extremely responsive and helpful; and our employees love it!

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Debbie - Thanks for the glowing review! We really love hearing that we're doing things right!

Teresa H.

We've been using Bindle for a few months now and love it. No issues and it's made life easier!

Reviewed on 2018/07/09

Pros

Easy to set up and easy to use. Makes tracking everyone's time off so much simpler. When I had questions during set up, Customer Service was kind and quick to respond. We are a church, so the fact that you can customize types of time off is great for us because ministry trips don't count against vacation time.

Cons

I really can't say anything negative about Bindle. We haven't had any issues. It's super easy to use. It's a great product!

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Teresa - Awesome! Thanks so much for your kind words. Glad you find Bindle so simple and easy to use!

Robert C.

I'm acting National Sales Manager so have a number of direct reports that I need to juggle...

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

Pros

With Bindle, I can easily find data history within a click or two. Then I can approve days off with the convenient link emailed

Cons

At this time, I sometimes find that I have to get re-familiarized with Bindle since I only go in a few times a month. Once I'm working within the program, I must say I get brought back up to speed quickly

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Robert - Awesome! it sounds like Bindle is making your life just that tiny bit easier. Glad we can help!

Ali H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Small hospitality company

Reviewed on 2018/08/20

Very positive! I've received quick, detailed responses anytime I've reached out to Bindle for support.

Pros

Very simple to set up. Intuitive interface without too many unnecessary bells and whistles. My staff finds it easy to use.

Cons

I wish there was more customization options for vacation policies with more specific accruals. (For example, earning a certain number of days of vacation based on the number of months you've worked at the company.)

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Ali - Thanks for taking the time to give us a review! Great to hear your experiences with our support team have been very positive.

You can actually configure accrual rates based on how many months you've worked at your company. Our support team will reach out and walk you through it if you like.

Thanks again!

Michelle C.

Bindle review

Reviewed on 2016/05/31

Our organisation implemented Bindle after a horrible manual process of recording leave. I never knew what my balance was, and if it was calculated correctly. Bindle is really easy, intuitive and seems to work well both for employees and management.

Daniel S.

Innovative

Reviewed on 2018/04/17

Pros

The phrase shown in metal moveable type, used in printing presses (image reversed for readability)
"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" is an English-language pangram sentence that contains all of the letters of the alphabet. It is commonly used for touch-typing practice, testing typewriters and computer keyboards, displaying examples of fonts, and other applications involving text where the use of all letters in the alphabet is desired. Owing to its brevity and coherence, it has become widely known.

Response from Bindle Software

Thanks Daniel for your glowing review! As for all the pros you mention, ummmm.... thanks? Not really sure what's going on there!?

Jennifer P.

Better functionality regarding time off - half, quarter, etc

Reviewed on 2017/10/23

Pros

Allows you to see all in the company that are taking off on the dashboard, which helps with project scheduling.

Cons

Not friendly/flexible based on hours/timing. Make the calendar more flexible, longer range. Hard if you click "out" and then go back.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Jennifer - Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on Bindle with us.

However, we're not really sure what you mean regarding some of the "Cons" you've mentioned. We'll get the Support Team to reach out to find out more.

Hopefully we can make Bindle better for you.

Thanks again Jennifer!

Yvette M.

Great little app

Reviewed on 2017/07/16

Pros

Super easy to set up and use - also got great support from the customer rep. Clean and easy interface which is very intuitive.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Yvette - Nice to hear that you think Bindle is very intuitive and thanks for taking the time to review us!

Dorothea F.

easy to use, reminders a plus re approval of leave

Reviewed on 2016/06/02

would be good to have scheduler for days off rather than just leave eg permanent casuals taking time off also

Kerry H.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Bindle Review

Reviewed on 2019/10/21

Pros

It's simple, easy to use and does the basics required to track leave.

Cons

I can't get an overview or summary of all leave taken by individual. I keep the finance records and would find this useful, rather than having to go into each person's record.

Jordan J.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Great value for time off management!

Reviewed on 2017/06/19

Great time off management that is convenient and a great value.

Pros

What I appreciate the most is the value that you get in a great-working, simple, online time off management product that is cloud-based!

Cons

The UI is a little confusingly labeled. I have to try to remember which link to click, rather than the labels being more intuitive.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Jordan - Thanks for the great review! We pride ourselves in being great value for money. We'll reach out to pinpoint which labels you find a little misleading. We're here to help!

Andrew ..

My colleagues can see my leave request??

Reviewed on 2017/02/22

This is a great little program for very small businesses representing good value for money but I have noticed that all my colleagues (I am an employee) can see my leave and I can see theirs. I would have thought it obvious that the functionality of the program should prevent this kind of breach of privacy. This issue needs to be addressed for the program to be taken more seriously.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Andrew. Damien here from Bindle. Thanks for your review!

We take your privacy very seriously.

Within Bindle, the ability to see when colleagues are taking time off occurs very much by design. It allows you to plan your requests for time off a whole lot better.

We're careful not to show your colleagues anything (like private messages between you and your manager) that we consider to be a breach of privacy.

I'd like to reach out to you personally to talk through your concerns and how we can address them by better matching your expectations.

Again, thanks Andrew for taking the time to share your thoughts!

Easy to use, user friendly and nothing complicated about it!

Reviewed on 2017/11/13

- Reduced emails to manage leave
- Ability to import existing data (leave hours/days)
- Ability to import leave dates into Microsoft Outlook calendar (we love this feature!)
- Accessible information to all staff

Pros

When we were searching for a Leave Mgt Tool, we had straightforward needs and didn't need the bells and whistles that other Payroll/HR systems offer. We trialled Bindle and quickly realised how clean the user interface was and how simple Bindle was to use. The team didn't need training to use it! We love that it can import into Microsoft Outlook so management can easily view who is on leave etc. In addition, Bindle is flexible enough to handle both contractors and salaried employees leave.

Cons

The only small thing was that the software wasn't set up a year or two in advance which lead to some confusion when applying for leave. Eg. NSW holidays wasn't set up yet for 2018. This was only a small issue and quickly rectified by the Bindle team :)

Response from Bindle Software

Thanks for the great review, you magical mystery reviewer! We really do have wonderful users.

Peter Z.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Great way to keep track of leave

Reviewed on 2020/08/08

Perfect for our needs

Pros

We moved to in-house payroll but the system had no self-service leave function. Bindle provided a simple, comprehensive and cost effective solution to implement and use. It only takes a few seconds to apply for or approve leave.

Cons

Although it works fine from a phone browser, would be better to have an app.

Janet P.

This app is perfect for our small school. It totally reduced the need for paper forms.

Reviewed on 2018/05/23

Efficiency. Reduction of time needed to keep up with paper forms. The wall chart allows for all employees to see who is off and when.

Pros

Very, very easy to use. The app is easy to navigate and aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Our employees who are not as computer literate have no problem using this app.

Cons

There are no cons at this time. This app truly fits our need. In fact when we first started we needed an earlier start time to the day (since we are a school, we start at 7:30) to make the hours work for us well and Bindle's customer service was quick to meet our need by adding the earlier start time.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Janet - Glad to hear things are going so well and that we were able to accommodate your earlier start times. Terrific!

Lawrence C.

Massive Time Savings

Reviewed on 2019/10/11

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Very intuitive for both admins and employees.

Cons

I would love it even more if there was an app.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Lawrence

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and leaving us a review. We really appreciate it.

Great to hear Bindle is easy to set up and very intuitive. We try really hard to design it that way. It isn't easy for sure. Sounds like Bindle is saving some of your precious time as well. Nice.

An app is in the works and is on the list somewhere... Ah yes, I see it in there!

Irene M.

Fantastic & easy to use!

Reviewed on 2019/07/17

This tool has been fantastic! I would recommend to small-medium sized businesses.
The customer support I have received from the Bindle team is quick and very helpful also. They ask and LISTEN to feedback. Thanks Bindle Team! :)

Pros

Bindle is a very simple, intuitive platform to use. We are a start-up business of now 30 employees across 3 different business groups. This system is quite generic so it allows us to customise it to what we require for each business and across various countries including Australia, US and Netherlands.
Fun, casual user feel and look.

Cons

Tracking Time Off In Lieu can be difficult to manage.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Irene. Wow. Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot to us!

Matt D.

Great Simple Leave Tracking

Reviewed on 2018/11/25

Pros

Simple and quick to use. Features a good amount of customisation options without being too complex

Cons

It would be good to have more customisable reports, or more feature-rich APIs so we can create our own reports and integrations.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Matt! Thanks for the great review.

As you might be aware, we're working hard on improving Bindle all the time. A more feature-rich API and more customizable reports are definitely on our lovely list of things to do!

Sharron M.

Fairly straight forward to use

Reviewed on 2016/05/30

Would like to be able to view more of the calendar at once. i.e change to a monthly view or yearly for a quick over view.

Response from Bindle Software

Hi Sharron - Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. Great feedback.

We'll be looking into perhaps introducing an infinite scroll and a quick overview to the Wallchart calendar some point soon.

In the meantime, the Bindle Wallchart can be viewed in the calendar software you probably already use (e.g. Google Calendar, Outlook, or Apple Calendar).

I think this will give you the exact views you're after.

All you need to do is click the link at the bottom of the Wallchart page in Bindle. If you need assistance, just email us at [email protected] We're really happy to help.

Once again, thanks so much for taking the time to review Bindle! - Damien