HTML5 Virtual Classroom Reviews

HTML5 Virtual Classroom

WebRTC powered HTML5 virtual classroom in 50 languages

4.1/5 (44 reviews)
Victoria C.

Braincert for one-on-one reading instruction

Reviewed on 2019/03/18

Pros

This platform works very well for one-on-one reading instruction for kids in grades 4 and up. Sharing a screen with a student helps focus the student's attention, and using the writing and highlighting tools on the shared screen allows me (the instructor) instant feedback on the student's understanding. Misunderstandings can be cleared up immediately, before the student can learn bad habits from their misunderstanding.

Cons

While it generally works well, customer support is hard to access when there is a problem. It can take days to hear back from the company.

Derek B.

BrainCert is The Best Online Whiteboard

Reviewed on 2019/02/04

We used BrainCert to replace our previous whiteboard system that was based on Flash. BrainCert is leaps and bounds ahead of the competition we looked at and lets us reach clients who want to use their tablets to join sessions. I would recommend it to everyone.

Pros

The Virtual Whiteboard API made it easy to integrate BrainCert's whiteboard into our own tutoring system. The automatic session recording is incredible and a must-have feature for our one-on-one tutoring sessions to ensure quality control and safety. The whiteboard space also includes functionality to help users diagnose their connection and webcam/microphone issues which previously would come back to us in the form of support calls and emails. The whiteboard space itself worked amazingly on both PCs and tablets, has all the basic tools and more handy tools like Wolfram Alpha and YouTube that teachers could take advantage of.

Cons

As a developer, I noticed the API behaved unexpectedly in some places, but nothing particularly major. The whiteboard occasionally takes some time to upload PDFs, but this seems to have been improved in recent updates.

Alex G.

Highly Recommend the Virtual Classroom product and working with Braincert

Reviewed on 2019/03/27

The Virtual Classroom has allowed us to connect with our students that we would not normally be able to reach.

The product is intuitive and we have received fantastic feedback from our students.

Pros

The ease in which it can be integrated.
The cross browser support is excellent.
The virtual classroom is particularly user friendly and intuitive to use.
The customer support has been awesome - the team always responds to my queries and have taken a lot of time to explain the product and how to optimally set up the server's for my clientele.
The convenience to share files and worksheets with students.

Cons

The screen sharing function does not always work

Braincert Virtual Classroom

Reviewed on 2018/08/29

We are conducting small group classes for wide variety of subjects through HTML Virtual Classroom. This software allow us to create a virtual group class environment very easily.

Pros

compact...all in one solution. Video conferencing, screen sharing break rooms, whiteboard and lot more features make it suitable for a wide variety of classes.

Cons

user experience in mobile phones need to be improved. If there is an option for easily switching between full screen video and whiteboard in mobile browsers, it would be a handy tool for participating in classes on the go.

Daniel P.

Some good features, but it needs improvement

Reviewed on 2019/07/10

Overall I didn't like my experience, especially because in the last two weeks one of my students was not able to join the room. She lives in Italy and reported that she was seeing the message "Waiting for presenter". I am currently testing some other e-learning platforms because the company where I work is in the process of implementing online classes for all students from its franchisees in Brazil.

Pros

My favorite feature is the audio and video streaming service. It works pretty well. The whiteboard is very useful, but typing on it is not not working well. Some students have also reported that my text was not being displayed in the intended place - sometimes it was partially not visible for them. Sometimes text boxes are copied from one slide to another automatically. Changing the size of fonts doesn't work properly, too. Besides, the system doesn't save the font settings from one slide to another. I like the break-out room function, but it's really a pain on the neck to work with it. The voice and video transmissions have apparently improved, but I have had to use some other conferencing apps concomitantly to have a good voice and video transmission.

Cons

I really liked all the features that the platform offers, but all of the them have issues that impact the users' experience. Some of them were mentioned in the previous question.

Ruth M.

Easy to use, great API solution

Reviewed on 2018/06/18

Pros

API. Frequent upgrades are great. SSL, custom URL. Great customer service.
API. Frequent upgrades are great. SSL, custom URL. Great customer service.

Cons

Recent upgrades fixed all things we were previously unhappy about. Everything else is great.

BrainCert-A perfect medium to have a simple and easy way to conduct lessons

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/09

Pros

Braincert is simple and a easy to use way to schedule and carry on with the lessons. Easy to upload, easy to use, easy to show the videos with just a insertion of link and its all to shine during the lessons. No interruption, much clarity, much interactive way is created with the pen and other cool features. Works on any browser. There is no fear of browser crashing, how many ever sessions we continue to schedule and launch. Every feature is perfect and well designed. Best for the institutions.

Cons

Nothing as of now. Found it perfect so far.

They have a great product with no support

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/12/14

I loved the platform when I first discovered it and immediately subscribed to it, but as soon as I started trying to set it up, I was very frustrated with it and the lack of real support. My suggestion to Braincert is get someone who knows about how to set up real support for your company and spend some money on it. I would have loved to actually use it but it was starting to be a headache. If I hire a platform for my courses, the idea is to be able to organize my school and courses easily and intuitively, not to have to waste time figuring out how to work with the platform.

Pros

The virtual classroom was great. Very powerful and versatile. You can use most of the formats for teaching without any issue. The issue I did not like was that if you want to record the class, you can't play movies from your computer or from any links without the need to stop the recording. This was a major no-no for me as I needed to record all the classes. Also, the virtual classroom would not work with tablets unless there was an app.

Cons

The lack of support. They offer live support. However, they mostly want to sell it to you and you have to figure out how to use it. Their support material is very disorganized and the software is not intuitive at all. You have to "find" what you are looking for. They have videos, literature and a lot of information but it is not organized and you end up frustrated when you can't find what you need. If there was one thing that made me cancel my subscription is the lack of organized support. They don't have a how-to guide, or a step by step. Their how to videos are outdated and their "find" box is useless.

4.0/10
Carlton D.

HTML5 Virtual Classroom

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/10/06

I think it is great and perfect for my use.

Pros

One o the things I like is that is has a lot of features and API! There's also, a way for my students to pay
for the lessons, they want to book.

Cons

It is a bit pricy and I can't add my customers' colors and logo unless I upgrade. I am not really sure, if I used the API that it should show my website?

Ebrahim M.

Powerful VC

Reviewed on 2018/12/05

Pros

Stable and have API , so I could integratet it with our system

Cons

layout in IPhone mobile browsers "Video not working " and resposive not good

Leonardo C.

Using the virual classroom

Reviewed on 2018/12/04

We are happy with the classroom, it is well suited to the class environment and it is much better than other solutions. We are planning to continue to use it in the future

Pros

The software is easy to use and the students learn very fast how to navegate so you spend more time on the actual sibject

Cons

The integration to our website took longer than expected. The information regarding api is sketchy and we had learned through trial and error.
Customer service needs to improve as it took a long time to get an answer

Michal S.

Good app

Reviewed on 2019/03/20

Pros

easy and useful, it is enough for own needs

Cons

Isn't possible to save/export chat after class (only during).

Great Tool

Reviewed on 2017/02/03

I have been using this tool for quite a while now and have found that it greatly enhances the ability to collaborate with my colleagues. Multi-screen sharing, ease of having face-face video calls, whiteboards have become critical tools in my arsenal. I have been encouraging my wife to also use this tool as part of her graduate-level lectures as it gives her access to great tools like Wolfram Alpha.

Pros

Whiteboard, Multi-screen sharing, Video, Wolfram Alpha

Cons

Multiple browser support can be improved

Virtual Classroom Experience

Positive

Pros

Intuitive design, user friendly interface that allows for ease of use.
Nice tools that allow for interaction between client and presenter.

Cons

Video being auto enabled and no chance to set live class without video.
Some clients do not want to even see their own video stream, so having option to set only live class with audio and chat would be great

Great virtual classroom solution, all that you need in one place.

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Pros

Flexibility and whole functionality provided for administrators and end users. It's a real must for any Learning System.

Cons

If I could mention one (i don't find so much) i would say the integration with other solutions, I tried some integrations with our in-house solution but it was not possible.

Simple but lacking features

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2019/03/15

Pros

It is very easy to setup and get started. The free account offers everything necessary to do basic online virtual classrooms. The audio/video is very good compared to competitors, and barely ever disconnects.

Cons

The whiteboards themselves are very small. You cannot scroll down or to the sides enough, or zoom out or in. It is necessary to open up too many different tabs, which instead of scrolling left and right in the tab bar, they simply each become super small and hard to click.

Silfrido G.

Your best virtual classroom

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

It has been wonderful because of the ease of handling.

Pros

I like the completeness of its virtual classroom functions, the simple way to carry out the activities from a cell phone. Its platform is the best with online content management.

Cons

The ease of loading the contents through a cell phone can represent a disadvantage in case of not having the adequate battery charge or if at any time there was a connection failure. The rest are good things that are detailed.

Braincert Virtual Classroom

Reviewed on 2016/11/09

A nice, well tailored platform which replicates nearly all features of an actual classroom. It includes audio/video conferencing, interactive whiteboard and HD recording option too.

Pros

Interactive White Board
HTML5 WebRTC
HD Video

Cons

Customer Service can be improved

Tufik C.

So many options, a little hard to use the first times

Used Monthly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/03/12

I have used this app a few times and feel like is a little complicated to use to start using in production environments.

Pros

The platform is stable, mature and fast, but need to improve in usability.

Cons

Is a platform a little complicated with so many options, if you know the platform cloud to be great, but most of the time will be good to have a cleaner user interface like zoom and other similar solutions.

Response from BrainCert

Hi Tufik- Thanks for taking time to write the review. Virtual Classroom comes loaded with all the tools and plethora of features. With API, you can programmatically control the layout, tools and offer a cleaner interface. You can also accomplish the same with few clicks within the application. Please contact support to get a quick demo on this.

Jayco J.

Good software, good pricing.

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/07/29

Great software with great features.

Pros

Including 1 free virtual classroom with a thirty minute length is super nice.

Cons

I ran into some bugs from the software, reached out to the support team asking for a fix, but they were dismissive and didn't help me.

Randall D.

BrainCert - A great platform to move from basic e-learning delivery to the next level

Reviewed on 2018/12/19

I am offering e-learning as part of my client services as well as an additional income source.

Pros

Ease of use.
Pleasant User Interface.
Clear pricing guidelines and levels.
Guided interface makes course creation easy.
BrainCert content library was a nice plus.

Cons

Would have liked to have one teacher account at the free level.

Overall a good app to teach students.

Reviewed on 2018/12/14

Pros

I like the fact that you can teach someone while sitting in another corner of the world.

Cons

The thing that it pinched me about was that it's pricing. You can add some more features to make it worth the price. Sometimes, it also lagged in between while teaching.

David A.

5 Minute Preview

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

Pros

Seems quite intuitive, Can include videos, Wolfram and LaTex look interesting!

Cons

1. I could not see how to change the pencil color, a very useful feature!
2. I could not see how to import a document for group discussion (ie pdf)
3. My Wacom Tablet did not allow me to write on the whiteboard.
4. When discussing important ideas in Mathematics and Physics, diagrams frequently get overloaded with marks I make to direct attention to what I am discussing. Only one online classroom that I have used has solved this problem and in a very creative way!
5. Eraser seems bulky, difficult to know what is being erased.

1.0/10
Aliyah J.

Virtual classroom review

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/12/04

The virtual classroom imitates what a real-life classroom would be like. Not only do you have access to video, audio and message chat but you can also interact with your student for them to get a better understanding through the use of the virtual whiteboard.

Pros

The virtual whiteboard, which is the step up from the typical video chat software.

Cons

Sometimes it is a bit confusing when there is a lot going on so if I didn't have the help from the customer support I would have been a bit lost.

Simrat J.

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/05/21

The virtual classroom is slow sometimes but it works well with smaller groups

Pros

It is very easy to use in a classroom and teaching setting.

Cons

It is difficult to share information with others.