Onspring

Cloud-based solutions for audit, risk management, compliance

4,8
4,8
4,6
4,7
Michelle D.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great tool and easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

OnSpring has allowed us to manage projects, contracts, and vendors in a whole new way. No longer are items stored in multiple areas, they are all right in here in one easy to use tool. The team at OnSpring is extremely helpful and the best group of people to work with. They are extremely flexible and understood our needs from the start. I cannot say enough about this company overall.

Pros

OnSpring is honestly THE easiest software to use. Right from the start the layout is appealing and not overwhelming at all. Without any formal training, a user can quickly figure out how to use it and be up and working in no time.

Cons

At this point, I cannot think of a downside to the software. Everything we have needed OnSpring to do, it does!

Drew F.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Best in Class Audit Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Our team is able to work in a single system that includes all facets of their job responsibilities, including risk assessment, engagement planning, project management, and fieldwork. Reporting is streamlined and extremely easy to modify as needs change.

Pros

Onspring is exceptionally easy to deploy and use with minimal training. The intuitive nature of the product and customizable functionality meant we were able to quickly spin up experiences for our internal auditors, managers, and business stake holders that are tailored to their needs and functions.

Cons

Onspring uses a common text field functionality that, like almost all others that I am aware of, occasionally has issues in rendering copy/paste text from MS Word. This is not just an Onspring-specific issue and the Onspring editor does include a "clear formatting" button that fully addresses this concern.

Michael B.

I'm an internal auditor, daily user

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

It's a good way to organize and retrieve audit workpapers. Multiple controls can be assigned to a single risk, so it's easy to build a usable risk library.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve for new users, can be difficult to configure for individual needs. The stock software is very basic

Response from Onspring Technologies

One of the primary features of our product is how easy it is to configure for individual needs. Please reach out to our support team, who is always here to help.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Jon W.
Industry: Oil & Energy

Best Audit Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/18

I could not speak more highly of OnSpring's staff. All interactions have been great. Our implementer, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been the secret to our success, and we are very thankful for her!

Pros

The OnSpring system is very customizable. The out-of-the box solution will lay the foundation for using the system for your audit department. From there, you can customize almost every functionality of the system to facilitate your processes.

Cons

With the ability to customize the system comes complexity. You must analyze, design, and really understand your processes before you begin your implementation. Luckily, our OnSpring implementer is very knowledgeable of the system, as well as the audit profession, and she did a great job helping us make the system work as we needed.

Jeff G.
Industry: Food Production

Finally. Software that works the way we need it.

Reviewed on 2017/04/25

We need to maintain close relations with our vendors across every aspect of our business. With Onspring we can easily flex their out-of-the-box solution to fit our business processes instead of having to change the way we work.

We were up and running quickly with Onspring. Our implementation allows for complete visibility to all our vendors and customize information specific to our industry (food). We run management processes, track products / costs, and maintain dashboards of key metrics.

We like Onspring so much, we're building out most of our business processes on the platform. This solution goes way beyond Vendor Management to fit our core operating needs.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, and the ability to quickly customize the platform to our business - without having to write code or pay out the nose for consultants. Just some basic training and we're up and running. Also, Onspring's support is outstanding for any issue, big or small, that we run into.

Cons

We haven't discovered many points of friction.

Mark B.
Industry: Legal Services

Outstanding Solution for Vendor Management and More

Reviewed on 2017/04/21

I cannot say enough great things about Onspring. I have been using the product for a little over one year now, and it has transformed the way I operate. It is incredibly flexible and easy to customize to any needs you have. Making changes involves no programming, no need for technical experience, and no need to ask Onspring to do it for you. There are no startup fees to worry about. There are no long term contracts to worry about. I continue to find more uses for this often, adding another custom module as recently as this morning. The customer support is outstanding. I am probably one of Onspring's smallest clients, but you wouldn't know it from how I am treated.

Pros

Easily customizable. I can do virtually anything I want with it exerting very little effort to do so.

Cons

I cannot think of anything.

Michelle R.

Onspring fits your needs

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

I have had a fully immersed experience in Onspring. I came in knowing nothing and now i'm told (by Onspring support staff) that i'm one of the most experienced admins they have. It took less than a year to become a SME. Once you understand how to use the system and it's capabilities, it's pretty simple to use. It has given me the ability to automate so much more than I ever planned!

Pros

Almost anything that I wanted to do, could be done. Even if I couldn't figure it out myself, the support staff would always find a way.

Cons

I like that you can use multiple tabs while configuring/testing, but I hate that if you change one tab to test in a different role, then toggle back to another tab, all of the tabs have changed to that role.

Stephanie B.
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Excellent project and vendor management tool that has changed the way we operate.

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Pros

Onspring is easy to learn, use and customize to fit your business needs. We enjoy having the flexibility to utilize their off the shelf solutions, develop our own functionality or utilize a combination of the two. We primarily purchased the tool to manage projects, contracts and vendors but continue to expand scope and automate processes as we continue to learn of the tool's capabilities.

Cons

I cannot think of anything at this time.

Response from Onspring

Thanks for the review! We appreciate the sharing of your Onspring experience.

Chayan C.
Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy to implement and use GRC platform

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

Overall, great experience with the tool and good return on investment.

Pros

Onspring was easy to implement. We really like the feature that its also easy to configure, create reports and dashboards.

Cons

Data import and integration features could be better.

Response from Onspring

Thanks for your review and feedback. We align our product roadmap to customer needs and would like to connect with you to discuss enhancements to the data import and integration features. You can contact us at [email protected]

Industry: Wholesale

Great database

Reviewed on 2020/05/16

Fantastic to have all my information in the one place. The software is very fast and you can move quickly from one app to the other using the relationship database structure. This system has been very positively impactful for me.

Pros

Very easy to set up a new application, upload excel information and write reports.

Cons

It takes a bit of getting used to writing the more complex formulas which is closer to programming than excel but very powerful.

John W.

Overall our company's experience has been very good. Intuitive software with great support

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

Cutting edge technology with a great user interface and reporting tools. The system is easy to use and configure and you don't need to be a DBA to use it. For the money, you'll be hard pressed to find anything close to the feature set and capability.

Cons

Because Onspring can be rolled out initially as a blank slate, it was hard for me to wrap my head around what I was buying. Onspring can really track and report on just about anything and it has a library of canned 'apps' that you can start with. I just needed to use it to understand what it truly is.

Andrea K.

Your business and your processes mould your Onspring solution, not the other way around.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

Onspring is easy to use and you do not need to be an IT expert to configure it. That means you have a lot of flexibility to modify your solution as your business and processes change, rather than be held hostage by your software. It also means that you can leverage your investment in Onspring for a myriad of uses -- it's not a just a one trick pony. And if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself, Onspring is happy to do it for you. The choice is yours.

Cons

Onspring has better reporting capabilities than other, more well-known solutions, but still has room for improvement with respect to supporting more heavy calculations and offering more elegant 'printed' reporting.

Ashok K.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

IT GRC Platform

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Pros

The platform is lightweight and not too heavy with graphics. A good number of use cases around Audit, Risk Management, Controls Assurance, Vendor Management etc. Platform administration is not too difficult. Training videos were helpful in understanding the features and the how to's of administration.

Cons

Need out of the box connectors for 3rd party software integration. Reporting is ok but could be better.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Aaron F.

Great Swiss Army knife of a solution with support to boot.

Reviewed on 2018/06/26

Pros

The flexibility and openness of the solution as well as the excellent support. Relational database with customized data, reporting, and dashboards. Combine with open API and easy imports.

Cons

It does require a vision and to know what you want to accomplish to fully optimize the solution. That could be an issue for some that want a turnkey solution.

Meredith M.

Onspring is extremely versatile and easy to configure to your workflow

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

The Onspring Platform allows companies to customize the software interface screens, process flow and reporting to their requirements without months of expensive custom development.

Cons

The Platform is extremely flexible and if companies do not have a defined process, then the software will not optimize the process that should be implemented.

Scott H.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

SH Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Our transition to this platform, assisted with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Navilogic, what exceptionally smooth and put our team in a great position to begin using the platform immediately. Considering our organization was not previously utilizing a GRC platform, OnSpring has significantly matured our Risk Management program. OnSpring's customer success team has been incredibly helpful and considerate of our team's needs.

Pros

OnSpring is exceptionally easy to use and is surprisingly configurable. This configurability enables OnSpring to smoothly transition into a variety of environments and workflows.

Cons

While OnSpring provides documentation on a wide variety of subjects I wish the documentation provided a little more depth on the subjects. The documentation provided might be sufficient for teams transitioning from other GRC platforms but for a team with no previous GRC platform experience there were some residual questions after reviewing the documentation.

Response from Onspring

Thank you for the review and your candid feedback on the documentation. We've taken that information to our customer experience team to make enhancements in that area.

Mary S.
Industry: Building Materials
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Great tool-agile, intuitive, effective. Customer service exceeds expectations - quick response time.

Reviewed on 2018/03/06

Process discipline, automation, dashboards, consistency.

Pros

Flexibility, ease of use, intuitive, configuration changes are easy, dashboards can be customized for each user, exceptional customer service, reasonable cost.

Chris L.

Very easy to use and after comparing to competitors, Onspring is the best value for the money!

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Ease of use, easily and highly configurable to the business needs and great value.

Pros

As a first time Administrator of a SaaS, I have found it exceptionally easy to not only use but to configure! In rare instances that I find something difficult to navigate the Customer Support Staff responds in minutes. I've never waited more than an hour for assistance.

Industry: Food & Beverages

Onspring is easy to use, easy to administer, and highly flexible.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

The flexibility provided by the platform is great. We have been able to customize the platform to our business processes without requiring custom coding. User adoption has been easy to manage, as well.

Cons

At times some features seem to lack maturity in terms of what enhancements I expect to see, but these enhancements often come in later releases. Overall, I find it better that we can get a feature in production sooner, rather than waiting for a fully mature feature multiple releases down the line.

Michael E.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Low cost and just works.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

Ease of configuring the product to your needs. Once you get the hang of how it works you can start using Onspring for the majority of your processes.

Cons

The reporting could be improved - there isn't an efficient way to create a report from a dashboard. Also, I wish we could replace the Onspring logo on the reports with our own logo.

Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Customer service aspect has been great. Still require some training but can see the potential.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

There are quick addition options for controls, risks and even time management. The other nice feature is the reporting customization. Any user is able to create a number of reports for their own use. Using the audit software tool has simplified the audit work paper creation and version control, the current favorite function is the auto creation of work papers.

Cons

Currently, producing an auto audit report does requires some editing on the end user side. Also, I would like to see dynamic linking. If I update a control I would hope (dream) that the associated control links would also update. The tool does require a bit of customization to get the product to suit the end user needs.

Bjorn K.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Working with Chris and Jason was a great experience. Customer support is superb!!!

Reviewed on 2017/04/28

Our vendor management program works a lot better with having this software.

Pros

Contract alerts, reporting and dashboard are amazing. The functionality were exceptionally better than other software's that we demoed. I highly recommend the software for any organization working on a budget.

Cons

It's not as robust as Archer but again Archer is not on our current price range. The software performed better than I expected.

Jon B.

Swiss Army Knife for Vendor Management and Beyond!

Reviewed on 2017/04/24

I have been using Onspring for the past 9 months and can say it is an excellent tool for managing vendors. Whether its information, contracts, surveys or associated risks. It does it all! It goes well beyond vendor management and as well. Onsprings fully customizable platform lets you create an application for really anything you want. We have been working to replace everything our team currently does or tracks in spreadsheets with a dynamic Onspring app. It is helping to make our daily business tasks/processes much more efficient. Very happy with the product and would highly recommend to others!

Richard jose A.
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Tool that provides outstanding solution for the administration of suppliers and more

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2018/06/29

This tool is versatile and easy to use, thus trying to meet the goals proposed by the organization

Pros

The flexibility provided by the platform of this tool is excellent because it can be molded to the needs that the organization requires

Cons

This software will be executed excellently if the organization has its defined goals since it has a lot of flexibility to adjust to those goals

Glen P.

Simple Setup, Great Follow-up

Reviewed on 2016/01/14

Once I got the system setup it became easier for me to get everything done because it was all automatic!
They followed up soon after to make sure I understood it all and made me feel more at ease!