Onspring

Intelligent automation & real-time reporting for any process

Michael B.

I'm an internal auditor, daily user

Reviewed on 2018/03/07

Pros

It's a good way to organize and retrieve audit workpapers. Multiple controls can be assigned to a single risk, so it's easy to build a usable risk library.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve for new users, can be difficult to configure for individual needs. The stock software is very basic

Response from Onspring Technologies

One of the primary features of our product is how easy it is to configure for individual needs. Please reach out to our support team, who is always here to help.

Rhonda K.

Optimize efficiency with user friendly software

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

We use Onspring to manage and automate a number of our compliance processes including logs, compliance testing, audit testing, regulatory filings, pre-approval forms and workflows. We add new use cases to it every year.

Pros

Onspring allowed us to create bespoke solutions that optimize our current processes and workflows. End-user adoption has been high and all users find the solution intuitive and easy to use with very little training. If you can read, you can use Onspring. I love the ability to continue leveraging the data we have in the system to create new time-saving solutions for little to no capital outlay. The system is incredibly flexible and if I miss adding a field that is needed for metrics or other purposes, I can add it myself and begin using it immediately. You truly can configure the system to do almost anything you would like it to. The Onspring platform is meant to be customized, so the applications work well and don't experience some of the problems that customization creates in other systems. The more you use the platform, the more ways you find to leverage it to save time.

Cons

There is very little I do not like about the software. Quite often the features I hoped for to make administration or use of it easier are added to new updates. Quite often, I didn't even know that I wanted an upgrade to functionality until they create it and make the system even better than it already was. One downfall though is that infinite scrolling was added in the most recent update and it has slowed down my ability to get to the record that is needed. Rather than being able to click on page three of my dashboard report, I have to scroll and wait for the system to load the second and then the third page of results. Although I consider it a minor issue, there is no ability to define column size in reports, so dashboard reporting does not always use real estate as efficiently as I would like. Any other system limitations are easily dealt with through good design upon setup.

Response from Onspring

Wow! Thank you for such a great review! It's always wonderful to hear how easy it is for our customers to adjust their configuration of Onspring to fit their individual use cases and business needs.

And we really value the transparent feedback on dashboard columns and infinite scrolling. This type of direct information is exactly what helps us refine enhancements for this year's product roadmap.

Appreciate you taking the time to write this!

Stephanie B.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Excellent project and vendor management tool that has changed the way we operate.

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Pros

Onspring is easy to learn, use and customize to fit your business needs. We enjoy having the flexibility to utilize their off the shelf solutions, develop our own functionality or utilize a combination of the two. We primarily purchased the tool to manage projects, contracts and vendors but continue to expand scope and automate processes as we continue to learn of the tool's capabilities.

Cons

I cannot think of anything at this time.

Response from Onspring

Thanks for the review! We appreciate the sharing of your Onspring experience.

John W.

Overall our company's experience has been very good. Intuitive software with great support

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

Cutting edge technology with a great user interface and reporting tools. The system is easy to use and configure and you don't need to be a DBA to use it. For the money, you'll be hard pressed to find anything close to the feature set and capability.

Cons

Because Onspring can be rolled out initially as a blank slate, it was hard for me to wrap my head around what I was buying. Onspring can really track and report on just about anything and it has a library of canned 'apps' that you can start with. I just needed to use it to understand what it truly is.

Michael E.
  • Company size: 5 001-10 000 Employees

Low cost and just works.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

Ease of configuring the product to your needs. Once you get the hang of how it works you can start using Onspring for the majority of your processes.

Cons

The reporting could be improved - there isn't an efficient way to create a report from a dashboard. Also, I wish we could replace the Onspring logo on the reports with our own logo.

• Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Customer service aspect has been great. Still require some training but can see the potential.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

There are quick addition options for controls, risks and even time management. The other nice feature is the reporting customization. Any user is able to create a number of reports for their own use. Using the audit software tool has simplified the audit work paper creation and version control, the current favorite function is the auto creation of work papers.

Cons

Currently, producing an auto audit report does requires some editing on the end user side. Also, I would like to see dynamic linking. If I update a control I would hope (dream) that the associated control links would also update. The tool does require a bit of customization to get the product to suit the end user needs.

Jon B.

Swiss Army Knife for Vendor Management and Beyond!

Reviewed on 2017/04/24

I have been using Onspring for the past 9 months and can say it is an excellent tool for managing vendors. Whether its information, contracts, surveys or associated risks. It does it all! It goes well beyond vendor management and as well. Onsprings fully customizable platform lets you create an application for really anything you want. We have been working to replace everything our team currently does or tracks in spreadsheets with a dynamic Onspring app. It is helping to make our daily business tasks/processes much more efficient. Very happy with the product and would highly recommend to others!

Glen P.

Simple Setup, Great Follow-up

Reviewed on 2016/01/14

Once I got the system setup it became easier for me to get everything done because it was all automatic!
They followed up soon after to make sure I understood it all and made me feel more at ease!

Michael D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Flexibility

Reviewed on 2021/03/28

Pros

The product is quite flexible. It can be applied for a variety of use cases. Once you have your apps matured, reporting becomes streamlined.

Cons

The interface for reports development can be a bit challenging at times. If you have a lot of fields in your apps, searching for them when building/filtering a report can be a struggle.

Response from Onspring

Michael, thanks for providing a review of Onspring. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on what it's like to be a customer - and we are very happy to be your 'neighbor.' I'm going to take your 'report creation' feedback to our product team to discuss options on improving the experience. Thanks again!

Julie J.
  • Industry: Furniture
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Onspring delivers versatility, flexibility and tons of Business Solutions!

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

We replaced our Audit Software for a great cost reduction, administration resource reduction and complexity reduction. We streamlined our Audit process within Onspring very quickly, start to finish, easily within 3 months so we could cancel our old license/agreement. we are very happy with it, and we know we can expand on this to include more when we are ready.

Pros

It was far less expensive and complicated than our previous Audit Planning & Tracking software! It cut out probably 10-20 hours a week of Administration effort!
I love that it is Compliance Tracker, an Audit software, an Issues and Incident manager, a GRC tool, A vendor and contract management tool and MORE....you can have them help you, as much, or as little as you want.

Cons

If you understand coding and HTML, it helps you help yourself; but the Onspring family is also there to help.

Response from Onspring

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience using Onspring. And I truly appreciate the quantification of how we've helped your team and organization - it's always great to see measurable results with our customers.

Teddy M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Using Onspring

Reviewed on 2021/03/09

We have all of our material processes in Onspring. It provides management with a single dashboard for visibility.

Pros

Ease of configuration; very low learning curve, end user adaptability; help section

Cons

There is not anything that I dislike about Onspring. If possible, I would use it for personal items as well.

Response from Onspring

Thanks for sharing your feedback with others! We really appreciate you taking the time to let others know about your experience using Onspring.

Jeff G.
  • Industry: Food Production

Finally. Software that works the way we need it.

Reviewed on 2017/04/25

We need to maintain close relations with our vendors across every aspect of our business. With Onspring we can easily flex their out-of-the-box solution to fit our business processes instead of having to change the way we work.

We were up and running quickly with Onspring. Our implementation allows for complete visibility to all our vendors and customize information specific to our industry (food). We run management processes, track products / costs, and maintain dashboards of key metrics.

We like Onspring so much, we're building out most of our business processes on the platform. This solution goes way beyond Vendor Management to fit our core operating needs.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, and the ability to quickly customize the platform to our business - without having to write code or pay out the nose for consultants. Just some basic training and we're up and running. Also, Onspring's support is outstanding for any issue, big or small, that we run into.

Cons

We haven't discovered many points of friction.

Mark B.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Outstanding Solution for Vendor Management and More

Reviewed on 2017/04/21

I cannot say enough great things about Onspring. I have been using the product for a little over one year now, and it has transformed the way I operate. It is incredibly flexible and easy to customize to any needs you have. Making changes involves no programming, no need for technical experience, and no need to ask Onspring to do it for you. There are no startup fees to worry about. There are no long term contracts to worry about. I continue to find more uses for this often, adding another custom module as recently as this morning. The customer support is outstanding. I am probably one of Onspring's smallest clients, but you wouldn't know it from how I am treated.

Pros

Easily customizable. I can do virtually anything I want with it exerting very little effort to do so.

Cons

I cannot think of anything.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Onspring is easy to use, easy to administer, and highly flexible.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

The flexibility provided by the platform is great. We have been able to customize the platform to our business processes without requiring custom coding. User adoption has been easy to manage, as well.

Cons

At times some features seem to lack maturity in terms of what enhancements I expect to see, but these enhancements often come in later releases. Overall, I find it better that we can get a feature in production sooner, rather than waiting for a fully mature feature multiple releases down the line.

Joe S.

On-Spring Compliance Software

Reviewed on 2016/05/18

The On-Spring system has helped us tremendously with our audit preparation. It is very user friendly and does a good job for us. It is very well priced also.

Glen P.

Customizable

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

Onspring offers customizable solutions for any size business. They took care of all our needs & wants easily

Drew F.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Best in Class Audit Management Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/20

Our team is able to work in a single system that includes all facets of their job responsibilities, including risk assessment, engagement planning, project management, and fieldwork. Reporting is streamlined and extremely easy to modify as needs change.

Pros

Onspring is exceptionally easy to deploy and use with minimal training. The intuitive nature of the product and customizable functionality meant we were able to quickly spin up experiences for our internal auditors, managers, and business stake holders that are tailored to their needs and functions.

Cons

Onspring uses a common text field functionality that, like almost all others that I am aware of, occasionally has issues in rendering copy/paste text from MS Word. This is not just an Onspring-specific issue and the Onspring editor does include a "clear formatting" button that fully addresses this concern.

Michelle D.
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Great tool and easy to use

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

OnSpring has allowed us to manage projects, contracts, and vendors in a whole new way. No longer are items stored in multiple areas, they are all right in here in one easy to use tool. The team at OnSpring is extremely helpful and the best group of people to work with. They are extremely flexible and understood our needs from the start. I cannot say enough about this company overall.

Pros

OnSpring is honestly THE easiest software to use. Right from the start the layout is appealing and not overwhelming at all. Without any formal training, a user can quickly figure out how to use it and be up and working in no time.

Cons

At this point, I cannot think of a downside to the software. Everything we have needed OnSpring to do, it does!

Response from Onspring

Thank you for providing such a great review of Onspring! We are glad to hear the software platform has been so beneficial for your organization. And, we're just as delighted to hear about your positive experience with our team. We appreciate your partnership with us and always, your feedback.

• Industry: Automotive

My Onspring experience

Reviewed on 2021/04/02

Pros

For my role, the two features I find most helpful are the workflow capabilities and dynamic documents. Other groups in my organization use Onspring solely for the survey functionality. And while not software related, I have found their customer success group to be extremely helpful.

Cons

Within dashboards, there is currently no ability to permanently change the width of a column (similar to what you'd do in Excel). That can impact the view of longer text fields.

Response from Onspring

Appreciate you taking the time to share your Onspring experience. Thank you for the specific insights on how you use our software, which helps others understand how they should think about applying automation to their own workflows, assessments, and report creation. Our customer service team will be pleased to hear of your positive experience. I will share your comment about the column width with our product team. In our most recent product release, we rolled out automated column sizing, which helps when you have longer field text; however, it isn't an end-all solution if there are many columns in the space. First, I wanted to make sure you were aware of that product update, and second, I'll revisit unique column width options with our product team to see how we can accommodate in our roadmap.

Ashok K.

IT GRC Platform

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Pros

The platform is lightweight and not too heavy with graphics. A good number of use cases around Audit, Risk Management, Controls Assurance, Vendor Management etc. Platform administration is not too difficult. Training videos were helpful in understanding the features and the how to's of administration.

Cons

Need out of the box connectors for 3rd party software integration. Reporting is ok but could be better.

Response from Onspring

Thank you for the candid and helpful feedback in your review of Onspring. Since your post, we have added multiple data connectors, several of which feed cyber and financial data directly into Onspring so that you can immediately action new data from your 3rd-party subscriptions. Additionally, our most recent platform release focuses on new analytics features to provide even more flexibility and customization in reporting. I encourage you to reach out to your dedicated customer success representative to discuss how you can take advantage of these improvements.

Michelle R.

Onspring fits your needs

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

I have had a fully immersed experience in Onspring. I came in knowing nothing and now i'm told (by Onspring support staff) that i'm one of the most experienced admins they have. It took less than a year to become a SME. Once you understand how to use the system and it's capabilities, it's pretty simple to use. It has given me the ability to automate so much more than I ever planned!

Pros

Almost anything that I wanted to do, could be done. Even if I couldn't figure it out myself, the support staff would always find a way.

Cons

I like that you can use multiple tabs while configuring/testing, but I hate that if you change one tab to test in a different role, then toggle back to another tab, all of the tabs have changed to that role.

Chayan C.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy to implement and use GRC platform

Reviewed on 2020/05/29

Overall, great experience with the tool and good return on investment.

Pros

Onspring was easy to implement. We really like the feature that its also easy to configure, create reports and dashboards.

Cons

Data import and integration features could be better.

Response from Onspring

Thanks for your review and feedback. We align our product roadmap to customer needs and would like to connect with you to discuss enhancements to the data import and integration features. You can contact us at [email protected]

Richard jose A.
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Tool that provides outstanding solution for the administration of suppliers and more

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

This tool is versatile and easy to use, thus trying to meet the goals proposed by the organization

Pros

The flexibility provided by the platform of this tool is excellent because it can be molded to the needs that the organization requires

Cons

This software will be executed excellently if the organization has its defined goals since it has a lot of flexibility to adjust to those goals

Michael M.

Straightforward and flexible

Reviewed on 2021/03/11

Pros

The licensing model is simple and straightforward that allows for post-deployment flexibility and growth. This is very valuable in the SaaS space, as it becomes increasingly more complex.

It comes with a lot of functionality built out of the box, but can be reshaped to fit most processes you can think up.

The education and support from the OnSpring team is outstanding. They are truly partnered in understanding your problem and helping you build a solution to meet it.

It's very easy to learn and use. Within a week of purchasing we were able to launch simple processes in the platform and realize immediate value. This was instrumental in gaining executive buy-in with the product, as most are burnt out on 6-12 month implementations before realizing an ROI.

Cons

It misses some of the logic functions you see in more advanced platforms.

The licensing approach can be a double-edged sword as you can't allow for read-only access without utilizing a full license.

Feature releases are done roughly quarterly, which means there is a significant delay between when feature need is realized and when it's delivered.

Lacks the functionality to build a public facing user portal. They use surveys to accomplish this, but they are unwieldy since the URL changes every time you update the survey.

Jon W.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Best Audit Software

Reviewed on 2020/05/18

I could not speak more highly of OnSpring's staff. All interactions have been great. Our implementer, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has been the secret to our success, and we are very thankful for her!

Pros

The OnSpring system is very customizable. The out-of-the box solution will lay the foundation for using the system for your audit department. From there, you can customize almost every functionality of the system to facilitate your processes.

Cons

With the ability to customize the system comes complexity. You must analyze, design, and really understand your processes before you begin your implementation. Luckily, our OnSpring implementer is very knowledgeable of the system, as well as the audit profession, and she did a great job helping us make the system work as we needed.