Onspring

Intelligent automation & real-time reporting for any process

Sandra
Sandra
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Onspring to the Rescue!

Reviewed on 2022/10/06

Excellent

Pros

Ability to integrate various data sets and establish meaningful connective tissue!

Cons

No complaints! After attending essentials training, was able to navigate it with ease.

Response from Onspring

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Onspring, Sandra.

James
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501–1 000 Employees

Highly customizable BPA and GRC tool

Reviewed on 2022/04/18

I brought Onspring to three companies to help me start NIST CSF, RMF, and SCRM and NIST privacy programs from scratch. At one company, I used it to satisfy GDPR data requests. This platform, for me, is the best balance of customization and built-in capability.

Pros

The Onspring user interface is remarkably easy to intuit. The admin interface is also easy to navigate. Built-in apps require little customization. Original functionality is straightforward to design. Security controls (including retention) is perfect. Most importantly, the distance between licensing it and using it is very short, depending on your use case. For traditional GRC functions, you can get started almost as soon as your tenant is provisioned.

Cons

I feel that there is more "measurement" than "metrics" DEFAULT capability in Onspring. For instance, it can count the number of incidents you have each month, but it can't easily give you a single trending value (thumbs up or thumbs down, for instance) based on those measurements. The process to add values to lists is cumbersome when needing to add large amounts of data.

ServiceNow

Reasons for Choosing Onspring

Onspring had more functionality

Cost, customizability, support

Response from Onspring

James - We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave this thorough review of Onspring. And thank you for providing the input on the measurement vs. metrics. Our Product team is working on a direction to incorporate more robust business intelligence methods into our platform, so I'll keep you posted on what shakes out of this discovery and development plan.

Ashok

IT GRC Platform

Reviewed on 2020/05/22

Pros

The platform is lightweight and not too heavy with graphics. A good number of use cases around Audit, Risk Management, Controls Assurance, Vendor Management etc. Platform administration is not too difficult. Training videos were helpful in understanding the features and the how to's of administration.

Cons

Need out of the box connectors for 3rd party software integration. Reporting is ok but could be better.

Response from Onspring

Thank you for the candid and helpful feedback in your review of Onspring. Since your post, we have added multiple data connectors, several of which feed cyber and financial data directly into Onspring so that you can immediately action new data from your 3rd-party subscriptions. Additionally, our most recent platform release focuses on new analytics features to provide even more flexibility and customization in reporting. I encourage you to reach out to your dedicated customer success representative to discuss how you can take advantage of these improvements.

Nishanth
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 1 001–5 000 Employees

The nuts and bolts of GRC program

Reviewed on 2022/04/22

Excellent

Pros

When we wanted to build a foundation for our GRC program, we wanted to align it with a strong technology platform to be pillar, after evaluating multiple platforms we went ahead with Onspring as our first choice as it enabled integration with our existing controls and processes stack The hierarchical build is a mechanism we leveraged across multiple applications and a customized dashboards helped reporting to the board easily.

Cons

The manual intrusive work that has to be done when configuring the applications.

Diligent One Platform and ServiceNow

RSA Archer Suite

Response from Onspring

Nishanth - We really appreciate you taking the time to post a review about your experience with Onspring. One of the awesome benefits of Onspring is the ability to customize the platform to fit any unique process, report or business need without using developers. Complete custom creations can take time to do them well, so I hear you on the manual work comment. That being said, we have existing templated solutions you can always start with to speed up your customization process. Please feel free to reach out to your customer success manager at any time to get a view of those templates to see if they are a good starting place for your business.

Polly
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

No Code Solution

Reviewed on 2023/10/04

From the sales person to the implementation team to the product support and innovation teams, everyone at Onspring is friendly and easy to work with. They are knowledgeable and will steer you in the right direction.

Pros

I love that Onspring is no code. I don't need a degree in IT in order to administer the solution. It is easy to customize and even easier to import data files.

Cons

None! Everything about the system is easy to use

ServiceNow Customer Service Management

Reasons for Switching to Onspring

Cost savings and flexibility of the product.

Response from Onspring

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your experience with Onspring, Polly - we really appreciate it!

Katelyn
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Wow! Onspring is Great & My Team has never been more efficient!

Reviewed on 2023/10/05

Pros

Onspring is a flexible product with tons of use cases - it has increased the efficiency and effectiveness of my team!

Cons

Formatting for reports and charts could definitely be improved

Response from Onspring

Katelyn - Thank you so much for this awesome review of Onspring! We love having you and your team in our Onspring community!

Olivia

Onspring Gives a Spring in Your Step

Reviewed on 2023/10/05

It was a little overwhelming at first, but everyone is so helpful and there are plenty of helpful resources to get a better understanding of what Onspring can do.

Pros

Love the ability to use it for multiple uses. It creates a one stop shop for our team, ranging from assessment/audit uses to helping me manage requests for our Forms Committee.

Cons

I really wish Support either had the ability to access our instance, or there was a better way to go about it. Many of our issues are very time sensitive and it can be difficult to deal with contacting support, waiting for a reply, and then also having to explain all the ins and outs of our instance in order to help them get a better understanding of our issues.

Response from Onspring

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your Onspring experience, Olivia. We truly appreciate sharing your feedback.

malika
  • Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Onspring the promising software with great potential

Reviewed on 2023/10/04

happy with the software

happy with the software

Pros

If you can not do something with Onspring, be sure that Onspring Team will work to add the feature into a new release

Cons

more work need to be done in the area of metrics

Response from Onspring

Malika - Thank you so much for providing input on your experience with Onspring. Appreciate your feedback on the metrics in Onspring. Please feel free to drop any suggestion on what you want in our Community to ensure our product team can plan accordingly.

Jen
  • Industry: Entertainment

Onspring is the GOAT!

Reviewed on 2023/10/05

Onspring has great people who have supported us and worked with us as be expand our use cases

Pros

Customization is amazing! We have been able to build over 16 critical modules for our team

Cons

The change reporting could be better, and the interface could be sleeker with more customization

Response from Onspring

Best review left for Onspring EVER!!!!! Appreciate you sharing your favs and areas for improvement (the latter is heading over to our product team).

Velma
  • Industry: Hospitality

Onspring is great

Reviewed on 2023/10/10

Pros

The flexibility and power to do almost anything I want!

Cons

Version history is somewhat difficult to use - I hope they will improve this feature to make it easier to specific who updated the specifici field and when they did.

Response from Onspring

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your Onspring experience, Velma! We really appreciate it.

And the product team now has your input on the version history feedback.

Becca

Best Bang for your Buck

Reviewed on 2022/04/11

Our company had left a previous provider due to issues with the platform and customer service. We've been blown away by the experience we've had after selecting Onspring.

Pros

Out of the box options available and full customization options - we were able to decide how much time and effort to apply to customization before implementation. End users are happy with the ease of use. Management is happy with the reports and export capabilities. As an admin, the trainings Onspring conducts and the customer service Onspring provides is extremely helpful and this is, in my opinion, what really makes them standout.

Cons

Some of the webinars they offer fall short, but the webinars are an added bonus anyway. Onspring provides an app to give feedback and request enhancements - so they're aware of areas to improve. They're transparent about if/when the enhancement will be considered or implemented!

Response from Onspring

Becca - You are the best. None of us at Onspring could ask for a better review description than "Best Bang for your Buck." We truly appreciate you taking time out of your day to post a review of Onspring. And appreciate your candor about webinar content - I'd like to follow up with you on this front to understand what we could provide that would be more beneficial in this area.

Michelle
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Onspring fits your needs

Reviewed on 2019/09/26

I have had a fully immersed experience in Onspring. I came in knowing nothing and now i'm told (by Onspring support staff) that i'm one of the most experienced admins they have. It took less than a year to become a SME. Once you understand how to use the system and it's capabilities, it's pretty simple to use. It has given me the ability to automate so much more than I ever planned!

Pros

Almost anything that I wanted to do, could be done. Even if I couldn't figure it out myself, the support staff would always find a way.

Cons

I like that you can use multiple tabs while configuring/testing, but I hate that if you change one tab to test in a different role, then toggle back to another tab, all of the tabs have changed to that role.

Ed

Onspring Survey - A must for organizational GRC Initiatives to Meet Internal Audit and...

Reviewed on 2022/10/19

It is a very easy product to use from startup.

It is a very easy product to use from startup.

Pros

The software is easy to use, and the networking and dashboard functions are so valuable along with the customized reporting.

Cons

Need to be able to import NIST SP800-53, SP800-66, and NOST Cybersecurity Framework easier. Most organizations are using NIST Standards and Guidelines to secure their organization and audited internally and externally against these Standards. CMS audits organizations against NIST in the Healthcare industry so it is very important for us to incorporate into Onspring.

RSA Archer Suite

Pricing and ease of use

Response from Onspring

Thank you for leaving this review Ed. We're glad you enjoy Onspring so much. I've also provided your import information to our product team to include in our product roadmap. Most of our customers do use us to track NIST, ISO, and others, so this upgrade would help you, alongside everyone else. Thanks again.

Ross
  • Industry: Utilities

Onspring Value

Reviewed on 2022/10/10

I've found Onspring very ease to use & deploy. It brings value to all business areas, and helps bring different areas of a company together. The customer support is excellent and they continue to evolve and add new features / solutions.

Pros

Easy to deploy, customize, & scale. Excellent customer service with everyone trying to understand your needs, and how to deliver value.

Cons

Nothing major as Onspring has easily met and exceeded our expectations.

Response from Onspring

Thank you for posting a review of your experience with Onspring, Ross. We are glad we are meeting your expectations and helping you find ways to add value across your organization.

Diane
  • Industry: Medical Devices

User Friendly

Reviewed on 2022/04/11

The biggest benefit is how user friendly the software is.

The biggest benefit is how user friendly the software is.

Pros

This is one of the most user friendly software programs I've used. We use this to record and track our Non Disclosure Agreements, Legal Hold Notices, Risks and Incident reporting for audits. The few times I did need support, the customer service was amazing.

Cons

There is really nothing I dislike about the software.

Response from Onspring

Diane - We appreciate you taking the time to post a review of Onspring and are incredibly happy to hear how much it has helped your organization.

Thank you!

Andrea

Your business and your processes mould your Onspring solution, not the other way around.

Reviewed on 2018/03/05

Pros

Onspring is easy to use and you do not need to be an IT expert to configure it. That means you have a lot of flexibility to modify your solution as your business and processes change, rather than be held hostage by your software. It also means that you can leverage your investment in Onspring for a myriad of uses -- it's not a just a one trick pony. And if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself, Onspring is happy to do it for you. The choice is yours.

Cons

Onspring has better reporting capabilities than other, more well-known solutions, but still has room for improvement with respect to supporting more heavy calculations and offering more elegant 'printed' reporting.

Mark
  • Industry: Legal Services

Outstanding Solution for Vendor Management and More

Reviewed on 2017/04/21

I cannot say enough great things about Onspring. I have been using the product for a little over one year now, and it has transformed the way I operate. It is incredibly flexible and easy to customize to any needs you have. Making changes involves no programming, no need for technical experience, and no need to ask Onspring to do it for you. There are no startup fees to worry about. There are no long term contracts to worry about. I continue to find more uses for this often, adding another custom module as recently as this morning. The customer support is outstanding. I am probably one of Onspring's smallest clients, but you wouldn't know it from how I am treated.

Pros

Easily customizable. I can do virtually anything I want with it exerting very little effort to do so.

Cons

I cannot think of anything.

Jay
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Excellent Company

Reviewed on 2022/04/22

Contract management, SOX controls testing

Contract management, SOX controls testing

Pros

Ease of use, we can create our own dashboards, reports, apps. Customer service is 7 stars when you need it which is rare.

Cons

Nothing right now for what we are using it for.

Response from Onspring

Jay - Thank you for providing this review of Onspring. Glad to hear our team is getting rave reviews from you!

Scott

SH Review

Reviewed on 2020/05/19

Our transition to this platform, assisted with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Navilogic, what exceptionally smooth and put our team in a great position to begin using the platform immediately. Considering our organization was not previously utilizing a GRC platform, OnSpring has significantly matured our Risk Management program. OnSpring's customer success team has been incredibly helpful and considerate of our team's needs.

Pros

OnSpring is exceptionally easy to use and is surprisingly configurable. This configurability enables OnSpring to smoothly transition into a variety of environments and workflows.

Cons

While OnSpring provides documentation on a wide variety of subjects I wish the documentation provided a little more depth on the subjects. The documentation provided might be sufficient for teams transitioning from other GRC platforms but for a team with no previous GRC platform experience there were some residual questions after reviewing the documentation.

Response from Onspring

Thank you for the review and your candid feedback on the documentation. We've taken that information to our customer experience team to make enhancements in that area.

Aaron

Service oriented, Consultative, Customizable, Scaleable

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

The biggest advantage is the ability to mold it to your business requirements. Its flexibility, ease of use, and responsive support.

Cons

Wish for more time to develop more uses for the tool as it is limited only by our ability to determine what data and functions we could use for the tool.

Michael

Issues Governance

Reviewed on 2023/10/05

It's great for implementing with multiple teams and products.

It's great for implementing with multiple teams and products.

Pros

The low code/no code interface makes customization easy.

Cons

the save record is hardcoded to the top of the record.

Response from Onspring

Michael - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your Onspring experience. we appreciate the feedback and input.

Michael
  • Company size: 5 001–10 000 Employees

Low cost and just works.

Reviewed on 2018/03/08

Pros

Ease of configuring the product to your needs. Once you get the hang of how it works you can start using Onspring for the majority of your processes.

Cons

The reporting could be improved - there isn't an efficient way to create a report from a dashboard. Also, I wish we could replace the Onspring logo on the reports with our own logo.

Jon

Swiss Army Knife for Vendor Management and Beyond!

Reviewed on 2017/04/24

I have been using Onspring for the past 9 months and can say it is an excellent tool for managing vendors. Whether its information, contracts, surveys or associated risks. It does it all! It goes well beyond vendor management and as well. Onsprings fully customizable platform lets you create an application for really anything you want. We have been working to replace everything our team currently does or tracks in spreadsheets with a dynamic Onspring app. It is helping to make our daily business tasks/processes much more efficient. Very happy with the product and would highly recommend to others!

richard jose
richard jose
  • Used for 1-5 months

Tool that provides outstanding solution for the administration of suppliers and more

Reviewed on 2018/06/29

This tool is versatile and easy to use, thus trying to meet the goals proposed by the organization

Pros

The flexibility provided by the platform of this tool is excellent because it can be molded to the needs that the organization requires

Cons

This software will be executed excellently if the organization has its defined goals since it has a lot of flexibility to adjust to those goals

Glen

Customizable

Reviewed on 2017/01/17

Onspring offers customizable solutions for any size business. They took care of all our needs & wants easily