Dawn V.

Attractive front end and excellent support. Spending 25% fewer man-hours in system.

Reviewed on 2018/04/03

Decreased our website/database cost by 20%, decreased our staff man-hours in the system by 25%. Easy enough to maintain that we were able to bring daily management of website back in-house.

Pros

All the energy is on the front-end to build. Once up and running it is a champ. Custom set-up from beginning. Team meetings were productive. Support for migration was superb. Launch date was met. Response time is always impressive.

Cons

Not for those without some computer/database experience. Migrating from one database to another is never an easy task. That being said - MemberLeap was pretty uneventful from start to finish.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thanks for the awesome review Dawn! Your new website looks fabulous, and we are so happy that you have been able to streamline your organization's day-to-day needs by switching to MemberLeap! Fly high!

Paula M.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Game Changer

Reviewed on 2020/12/22

Member Leap allowed us to update our website and add features to improve communications and recordkeeping. We have been able to send out broadcast emails, set up Zoom meetings, have electronic elections, and surveys - which were either tedious or non-existent before.

Customer service and support has been amazing. Very responsive and solution orientated. Everyone is extremely professional and cares about our website.

Pros

The platform has been a game changer for our organization. We have been able to offer virtual elections, surveys, and webinars from one place - which would have been tedious previously - and essential since the COVID-19 Pandemic. Centralized Membership Roster and Billing system, Committee Portal, and communication system has helped us be more efficient - and provide a legacy of information for future officers and board members in our all-volunteer organization.

Cons

Creating new web pages can be a little challenging at first - but becomes easier with practice. It is a trial and error type of thing - but when you get the hang of it, the results can be cool.

Also, some of the Zoom interface features are still being developed, like event tracking and attendance (but Zoom site provides this information already).

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thanks for the kind words Paula! We have truly enjoyed getting to know your organization. Best of luck to you!

Karen C.

We are VERY happy with Vieth and the MMS system

Reviewed on 2012/11/29

We moved from Avectra Netforum/Memberfuse to Vieth. We were very unhappy with the Netforum system and the Avectra support team. Moving from a big name system to Vieth was a bit scary but I have to say the experience so far has been amazing. From the start I could see the major differences. Vieth came up with the design for our site and then built it very qucikly as part of our implementation fee. They took care of everything which was a big difference from Avectra. Once in the system I quickly realized how much easier the MMS system was to use vs. Netforum. I spent months getting Netforum setup to work the way we needed and MMS was about 1 week. Avectra promised a bunch of functionality during the RFP process and then we were surprised to find things not working the way we expected. Vieth was very honest and we got what we expected. A support ticket at Avectra would sit for a few months but at Vieth it is worked on that week. We are very happy with Vieth and highly recommend them.

Pros

-Very easy to use admin console. Once you figure out where everything lives it is easy to get around the system

-We have a great deal of flexibility with the system when it comes to customizations. Vieth is great with making changes for the better. If it is outside of the normal system requirements there will be cost associated however with our last system we could not customize anything

-Member side is straight forward. Easy to use

-It does what they say. Sales team is very open with their product. They don't promise anything outside of the system functionality

-Very few bugs. Our last system had new releases often however they usually introduced new bugs to the environment.

-The support staff is VERY responsive. I was worried at first as the staff is on the smaller size however they are much quicker to resolve issues then our last "big name" system. I will send in a support email and someone is working on it that day!

Cons

-A couple of the system generated pages could do with an update on their look.Overall very happy with what we have.

-Newsletter module is much better then our previous system but could do with updating. I understand this is on their list of things to do.

-Some of the system pages do not allow you to add your own text to the page. For example if I want to add a statement to the file manager page I cannot without Vieth adding it for me. It would be nice to have that ability.

-They do not have a subscription module which our last system had. They do have the ability to do custom member types and they do have a online store.

Michael L.

MemberLeap Review

Reviewed on 2019/09/11

We have immediate benefits from the first conference being on the website and the reports that we're able to pull up.

Customer service is very good and the response time is excellent. The only downside I've seen is that with my prior database, we had just 2 support people who were expert on everything with our old software and with MemberLeap people have specialites.

Pros

We came from another association software that did not have all the features that MemberLeap offers. We were able to have one website connected with our database and that has been great.

Cons

There are certain features that we wanted that we had to have the developer design for us. It took a while but we were happy with the end result.

Response from Vieth Consulting

MemberLeap does have a lot of amazing features.

We're glad that our designer was able to give you exactly what you wanted.

There is a lot of work that goes into managing a large conference, and we're so glad that our software could help you with that.

With so many software features, we provide the best support to our clients by having specialists for them.

Tiffany D.

Great company to work with; answers questions promptly; easy to follow instructions and...

Reviewed on 2017/04/28

Pros

Ease of use; functionality; customer-friendly; customizable; includes needed and necessary functions to provide our members with the information they need.

Cons

Web designs could be a bit more fluid and less static. Still, the design is a customizable template and is easy to use. I would like to see unique design features.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thanks Tiffany!

Kim W.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

I love using Memberleap for our database

Reviewed on 2017/06/08

Pros

Very user friendly! It has all everything our association needs in one place. We have our database in one place, we can print labels, send email blasts and our newsletter to our members.

Amanda Y.

Customized software

Reviewed on 2019/09/09

Pros

The software has the ability to meet specific needs of my organization. Being an accredited CEU provider we needed our system to be able to meet the requirements of IACET. They MemberLeap team has been wonderful working with us to ensure this is being met. The system is user friendly and it streamlined our operations.

Cons

Nothing yet; still working through the learning curve.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thanks Amanda! We enjoyed bringing your organization on board!

Pamela S.

The member leap team was very helpful and responsive to my questions.

Reviewed on 2017/07/31

Pros

It's member interaction software and interface with quickbooks. I like the videos and find that most tools are intuitive to figure out how to use.

Cons

The amount I personally have to do since I we are a small organization and do not have a webmaster.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thanks Pamela! We are so glad that you have found our software to be intuitive to use. Maybe someone on the board could step up and help you with using the system? Take care!

Eric L.

Very Effective Web-Based Membership Software Package Solution

Reviewed on 2009/09/18

I would recommend this product to anyone seeking to build an effective membership backend to their website.

Pros

This has been a very good solution for our organization of just over 300 members.

Cons

Still takes some time to understand as it has a number of great features.

Karen C.

Great company and product

Reviewed on 2018/07/06

Much more organization and efficient solution than what we were using. Amazing website design/implementation.

Pros

The software is easy to use and most functions we need are included. Anything not included is easy to add on for a reasonable fee. They have been very accommodating. Everything is much more efficient. This is the second non-profit I have brought to Member Leap. I liked the company so much and the product offering worked so well that when it came time to I recommended my new employer use MemberLeap.

Cons

Some things could be improved such as the store/merch design. I find it a bit basic. We also ran into some trouble with the donation function not being nearly as robust as we needed. We are a non-profit so that is a major area for us. We were able to come up with a reasonable work around without having to spend money on customization but eventually we will need to beef it up.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thank you Karen! It is always a pleasure working with you!

Clive W.
  • Industry: Defense & Space
  • Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

This system works very well and is easy to use.

Reviewed on 2017/04/28

The ability to handle the details of all our members, including their payments.

Pros

It is easy and intuitive to use. It has all the functionality I need and more. The support is excellent. They are quick to understand my questions and needs. Anything I have wanted has been speedily resolved.

Cons

Some of the search features could be improved. Sometimes I think I have searched for all the members of a certain type but the search has not been initiated.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thanks for the kind words Clive! We have truly enjoyed having you as a client for all these years! We are already working on the search feature fix, it should be taken care of today!

Shakti S.
  • Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Finally a solution that works and evolves with us

Reviewed on 2019/07/03

Our members are happy, our volunteers don't complain about the back-end, it works from mobile!

Pros

Great functionality, customized for us, changed as we needed. SUPER customer service.

Cons

That it can't read my mind? Just kidding. There are some functions that I wish could be done in batches, not one at a time, such as approving membership applications and enabling/disabling multiple events.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Hi Shaki! We love that you and your members are both happy with MemberLeap! We wish our software could read our clients' minds too! LOL

Ann M.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

If You Need Member Software -- This is IT!

Reviewed on 2017/09/21

I would encourage anyone to check out MemberLeap. We have had others -- this one is the best!

Pros

Super easy to use for both admin and members. Has everything we need -- directory, renewals, event registration, you name it. Links to our Quickbooks so monthly reconciliation is a breeze. Great value! Highly recommend! We have implemented a couple custom features that are make this software even more valuable for us.

Cons

The pixel sizes for the home page slide show and the logo slide show take getting use to and require some manipulation to get correct. This is an area we are considering having customized to make it easier for us.

Deb M.

Five stars across the board for MemberLeap. The customer support rocks.

Reviewed on 2017/04/28

MemberLeap streamlined our office procedure and provides a professional interface for our members.

Pros

MemberLeap software is totally user friendly, for both the administrator and our members. The "look" is professional. Training is very thorough. Requests for help are answered promptly.

Cons

My only complaint is that my learning curve is steep! Live training sessions can be overwhelming because there is a lot of ground to cover, but there are online tutorials to help fill in the blanks.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Hey Deb! We think you are a five star client! Thanks!

Dulany H.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

MemberLeap Review

Reviewed on 2016/11/05

From site architecture planning to graphic design, and from the first contact eight years ago to ongoing service today, my experience with Vieth Consulting's MemberLeap has met or exceeded my expectations and those of SSGA's members.

Pros

Easy to use for both members and administrators, rapid service response, fair value.

Response from Vieth Consulting

We truly appreciate you as a client and look forward to serving your membership needs for many years to come!

Allison C.

Great experience switching to MemberLeap

Reviewed on 2017/06/02

Pros

It's really easy to use and intuitive, even for people with no experience professionally managing a website or member management software. The project managers and programmers who designed an built the site were very responsive, helpful and patient. The system is half the cost of our former system and looks and works a thousand times better.

Cons

There are a few things we wish it could do without having to pay to custom program a new feature: allow members to cancel their own registration to an event, put a credit on the account of a particular member, and a couple of queries that seem fairly basic. But we've managed to work around all the issues so far. We're also waiting for MemberLeap to update its app so that members can register and pay for events on their phones more easily.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thanks for the kind words Allison! MemberLeap already offers a feature where your members can cancel their own event registrations. I will ask someone on our Customer Service Team to contact you about this.

Perry R.

Excellent Website Platform

Reviewed on 2019/07/09

Pros

Customer service is exceptional and very easy to use from an administrative perspective.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about this software!

Response from Vieth Consulting

Thanks for reviewing MemberLeap! We have enjoyed having you as a client. Take care.

Lisa R.

Great app for consolidation of data and communication for our association.

Reviewed on 2017/05/12

Consolidation of several other softwares so only have to use one now.

Pros

Consolidated the functions of Filemaker, Constant Contact and Wordpress, making it one stop shopping! The customer service team is fast, friendly and efficient.

Cons

The admin is a little complex and almost has too many functions. They need to streamline the look and font formats to make it more user friendly. The good news is they're updating everyday and take suggestions.

Response from Vieth Consulting

We absolutely love that MemberLeap was able to streamline your process! You have been a joy to work with! Take care!

Michelle C.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Top-notch service, talented staff, responsive and friendly!

Reviewed on 2016/05/20

Pros

I really like the broadcast messaging feature, which adds a level of professionalism to my communications to members. I also like the billing system, which automatically invoices members, and reminds them when their membership fees are due!

Cons

Sometime very minor errors lead to big problems. For example, if I don't put "http:/" in front of the website address when I'm creating a form, it will cause an error for users. However, the staff is fabulous and very responsive.

Kim W.

I highly recommend Vieth Consulting and the MemberLeap Software

Reviewed on 2016/05/26

Pros

The software is very user friendly and easy to navigate. I'm always impressed by the service we receive from Vieth Consulting. If I have a problem they get back to me immediately and always take care of the problem promptly.

Cons

I really can't think of one thing I don't like about either the product or the vendor.

Kate F.

Viet's Member Leap is a Powerful Tool!

Reviewed on 2016/05/17

Pros

The Member Leap application makes complex tasks easy and is very flexible. We can do anything we need to do for the club with the tools. Vieth is SO responsive. They respond to questions and request immediately. We never feel like we are left hanging.

Cons

Can't think of anything. The tools are great. Some of the things that were difficult (content management and getting things to line up correctly) were fixed by Viet designing the pages to do it automatically for us.

Lisa P.

Reviewed on 2016/10/28

John P.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Great customer support

Reviewed on 2016/12/02

MemberLeap provides excellent customer support. They respond promptly and effectively.

Mark T.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2012/10/25

Great product with great support.

Pros

The product is everything that we need as an association and has a whole lot more capability than we use.

The Vieth team are very responsive and speak in a way that makes the system understandable for us non-techy types.

Cons

None that I have found.

Shannon M.

Great association management web hosting!

Reviewed on 2019/02/12

Association management databases can be tricky; MemberLeap helped us customize the site to work with specific needs with different types of membership. They have also helped us figure out a way to merge and sync 3 different databases into one, each maintaining their own integrity.

Pros

We used MemberLeap several years ago to custom build our association sites, and when the time came to add a new site, it was an easy decision. They have a great and attentive staff; their system is very user-friendly; issues and problems are resolved quickly; and any custom updates made are available to all clients.

Cons

The only issue I've had (which MemberLeap staff helped me work through) was in figuring out the grid editor on our template. Other than that, the software is very easy to use.

Response from Vieth Consulting

Shannon, we have enjoyed working with the Oklahoma Restaurant Association, Oklahoma Hotel and Lodging Association, and Oklahoma Travel Industry Association over the years, and we are excited to present your new ORA Expo event website too.