SendPulse

Email, web push, SMS and Facebook chatbots on one platform

4,1
Ina eliza G.
Industry: Insurance

Happy with its free version

Reviewed on 2019/10/07

I am satisfied with the features that it has for free: templates, analytics, automation, resend emails to those that did not open. When the time will come, I will purchase the paid version.

Pros

I am using this software for e-mail marketing for a project that I am a part of. It was recommended to me by somebody who was using it for months already and was happy about it. Once you get used to it (as any software) and you find out how it works, it is very easy to send e-mails. I like that you can save templates and reuse them.

Cons

I had at the beginning an issue with the email that I was ending - the SendPuls refused to send it considering that it violates its rules. It was not the case. I emailed their customer support, showed them that they are wrong and solved the problem. Never had it since then (and this was about 2 years ago)

Joanna D.
Industry: Management Consulting
Company size: 501-1 000 Employees

Great tool

Reviewed on 2019/05/24

Pros

The program allows me to easily set the headers and images of alerts, as well as view the number of unsubscribing subscribers. It integrates well with a number of applications and tools we need.

Cons

Saving drafts periodically takes a very long time. SendPulse lacks advanced features and the ability to use ready-made templates for SMS distribution.

Daria K.
Industry: Arts & Crafts

Great

Reviewed on 2019/08/05

Great tool for your website. I don’t have any problem with it.

Pros

Good way to collect emails. The first 25 hundred are free. It will make you tons of money in return. Great service. They also do sms marketing and push notifications.

Cons

You will need to pay once you exceed 2500 which will happen sooner than you think.

Jeffry T.
Industry: Architecture & Planning

Your Email Campaigns and More

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2018/11/11

Pros

Everybody says that the money is in the list, and SendPulse takes that statement to the next level. Not only the service helps you manage your mailing list, but​ it also does SMS, web push notification, and Facebook chat (coming soon at the time of writing).

Cons

As intuitive as any mailing list managers could be, setting up a list always takes a lot of effort. And SendPulse is​ no different.

Marina K.
Industry: Retail

Perfect tool for simple email campaigns

Used Other for 1+ year
Reviewed on 2020/12/28

Pros

First of all, the interface is very user-friendly, so that everyone can use the service.
Also, the analysis instruments are helpful, and we found the fact that all the history of previous campaigns is saved on the site especially important for us.

Cons

It seemed strange that some of our e-mails were blocked by SendPulse, even though they were not spam.

Assunta R.

Easy and Reliable Email Marketing Company

Reviewed on 2017/02/14

Sendpulse is one of the greatest companies I have been with in terms of email/newsletter marketing. I have a business based out of Milan, Italy and Sendpulse has a great single platform in which I can get a lot done in one place. Their push notifications are free to use and a great service. They reach over 200 countries which is great especially being in the international business world myself. Their privacy is optimal and they are always available 24/7 as well as their live chat. My favorite feature is their A/B testing. I definitely recommend Sendpulse to business companies, whether they are big/small or local/internationally, great fit for all.

Emma J.

Happy to have a good results with SendPulse!

Reviewed on 2016/03/11

For a long time I was looking for such a tool that allows me to maintain a constant quality communication with clients. In many previous occasions I was stopped by price, incomprehensible interface or difficulty in communicating with customer support.
Today, I am fully satisfied with cooperation with SendPulse. Before buying the fare paid, I tested the system for free (an opportunity that provides a service) and still use the opportunities of service in marketing purposes. Recently learned that SendPulse provides free services for push notifications. Its also very interesting, I am going to try.

Daniel I.
Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Best newsletter

Reviewed on 2020/01/14

Its great

Pros

Its easy to use and fast to make newsletter

Cons

Sometimes it takes a lot to send newsletter, not always

Alaa L.
Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Excellent

Reviewed on 2016/09/21

one of the most powerful email and marketing tool it allows you to keep your clients and customers updated with all your new events and products
I am using it on daily basis

Piyush J.

Best Web Push Services

Reviewed on 2016/09/19

I am using it from last one month and getting very good response from the customer support team. Recently I am using its email service & found that it is also good.

Yanina K.
Industry: Computer Software

Convenient service

Reviewed on 2019/01/16

Pros

In our company, this application is used on a regular basis when sending e-mails to our address database, which can be simply configured by selecting the required parameters. Good support service works.

Cons

Sometimes I notice that the created but not yet sent mailing list disappears. Images are not periodically displayed, and the text in the mobile application moves erratically.

Jeremy G.
Industry: Government Administration

Design is great, but had trouble with hard bounce rates

Used Monthly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2019/05/02

Trying to email our membership list of a small organization. Had to switch platforms as we were using a free email for the organization.

Pros

In my experience, Send Pulse has been one of the top design platforms for email marketing. It was superb. I think it really outshined some of the other alternatives.

Cons

I encountered a problem with hard bounce rates after trying my first campaign. It was because I was using a free email, and Sendpulse did not work well with that.

Industry: Information Technology & Services

Very bad Service

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 2020/04/29

Team of support are very useless and disrespectful, they pretend to help and do nothing. While we have received official list of conference participants they have blocked our campaign for no reason. And told us some dull excuses. Worst experience!

Pros

Only Design Templates, but service is awful.

Cons

Nothing to like at all, they have no understanding of customer satisfaction.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10

Industry: Education Management
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Easy to Edit Emails!

Reviewed on 2017/01/12

SendPulse is a great new email provider for your businesses. They have great pricing levels and tiers depending on what you are looking for your business.

Kristen C.
Industry: Writing & Editing

Great for businesses just starting out

Reviewed on 2020/11/19

I really haven't had any negative experiences with SendPulse, other than some minor complaints detailed in the "Cons" section of my review. They've been very helpful and friendly in fixing any issues I've had, and overall I've enjoyed working with this software.

Pros

I like the fact that it's inexpensive/free to use for most business owners with a small contact list. Most email marketing sites offer a pretty pitiful number of contacts/email campaigns for their free trials, and then hike the price up significantly for those who are in between just starting out and having a huge following.

They don't have a lot in the way of ready-made templates, but it's easy enough to customize your own, and their interface is pretty user-friendly.

Cons

It can take a considerable amount of time between sending an email campaign, and the delivery of said email campaign. I also don't like that, after going through the proper steps to make my newsletters comply with standards, I may still be regarded as spam and not be delivered to the inbox of the person receiving the newsletter.

Industry: Management Consulting

Good but API is hard work

Reviewed on 2016/09/13

So – I am going to caveat this whole thing with – if you’re not interested in using the API or you are not coming from another service with an existing API integration, this probably won’t apply to you.

Summary: 2 different API’s, both awfully designed, both poorly documented, both with completely different authentication methods, credentials etc. however, the application itself is great, so if you’re not using the API, it’s probably fine.

Full Review:

SendPulse has a functional API, but it feels like it was created by someone that read a REST API book of best practices without really thinking about how people would / should use it.

My biggest problem is the way authentication works (on the main API which is for sending your campaigns, managing subscriptions etc.), sure it follows all OAUTH standards, but this means you need to manage identify on your application so you send all the correct tokens etc., it feels very Salesforce, not Slack (if you have used either of these API’s you will know, Slack is easy, Salesforce is really really hard) – another comparison would be that it feels like IBM made this software when you are using the API, not a start-up.

If you are coming from something like MailChimp – the MailChimp API is easy, send a request with your API key and whatever you are requesting happens or you get a meaningful response, I have seen many garbage responses from the SendPulse API – you cannot guarantee JSON will come back, sometimes you get HTML, sometimes you get a weird HTML 404 page with some Yahoo copyright notices all over it, it all depends on how mangled your request is – so on top of having to worry about handling identity, you need to handle all sorts of strange responses not just JSON – and therein lies the next problem – DOCUMENTATION:

The API documentation is god-damn-awful, and because the API is quite complex and / or obscure in terms of how you request stuff, you often end up with garbage responses and have to trial-and-error how stuff works.

SendPulse has created a bunch of libraries to make this easier, and if you want to hang your PHP application by using their library, then go ahead – but if you have some kind of background task manager you will probably have to write your own stuff, which in most cases would not be too hard, but because the documentation is sparse, I really struggled to do even the basic stuff with CURL on the command line – if I was to suggest anything, provide CURL examples like Slack does, at least that way I could reverse engineer the CURL to sort out the lack of actual documentation (again, it’s a problem because the API responds with junk HTML if you get your request wrong so you don’t know what is actually wrong and have to trial-and-error a lot).

On top of all of this, if you are planning on using the SMTP send-alone API, you have a completely different authentication process – one that I still have no idea how to make work – this is what the documentation says about how to authenticate: http://i.imgur.com/sVAc3II.png

(the original documentation is here, but I think you need to be logged in to view it: https://login.sendpulse.com/manual/smtp-api/)

I personally have no idea how to authenticate against this SMTP API. I have not yet asked support about it because they are looking at something else for me that is more important, but I just don’t…….. what….. from the documentation (a required parameter to authenticate, IV): “iv – an initialization vector, encrypted by a public key with an OpenSSL Library usage” – what is this? Why is it never mentioned again? how do I get it?

And most importantly, why on earth is it different to the (already convoluted) other OAUTH authentication on the main mail API?

Anyway, to wrap this up, I picked up SendPulse because I needed both templated / campaign based email and SMTP / transactional email and I previously had MailChimp, but did not want to pay for Mandrill because my SMTP volumes were super low.

SendPulse is fine, but I have wasted more time than the money I would have saved just using Mandril, however if you can get over all of this, the product is actually pretty good which is why I have not left a steamer of a review score, and as I said at the start, if you are not using the API it is great.

I just hope they release a new version of the API that focuses on functionality rather than horrible REST standards (although I’m not convinced all of this is standards compliant), which I think have generally been thrown away by the new-wave tech start-ups so people can quickly deliver value.

Pros

Price
Web Interface
Email Builder

Cons

API
Can't use Email Builder emails in the SMTP email interface

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Milthon R.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Good software for start ups

Reviewed on 2018/08/09

good experience, easy to use and great interface

Pros

It is a good software for those entrepreneurs who are starting in the email marketing business, since you will have a very good experience. It has very good features that will allow you to develop an important part of your business that is email marketing

Cons

The number of contacts to send for free is very small and there are other applications that allow you to send much more without additional cost

Natalia C.
Industry: Human Resources

The service facilitates many tasks

Reviewed on 2018/10/13

Pros

We use SendPulse for over a year. We chose this particular service, since the price for a subscription is on average 50% lower than that of competitors. At the same time, the functionality of the service is not inferior to them. Mailing automation works fine, the attached files do not disappear.

Cons

There are no complaints about the work of the service. But we had such a case, when for a month’s subscription, we had twice the amount withdrawn from the card. We wrote to the support service and in a month everything was returned. But why it did not happen to us explained.

Industry: Computer Software

A great marketing automation tool with a ton of features

Reviewed on 2019/01/18

SendPlus was a great help to our marketing team. We would conduct some of our email and facebook campaigns manually (or rather not completely automated). We save a ton of time by switching.

Pros

This was the one tool we needed to automate all our marketing communications. From email campaigns to SMS, Facebook and even Viber. We used to use two separate tools for email and facebook campaigns. Their free plan is also great but lacks a couple of features that were critical for business use.

Cons

The step up from their free to paid plan seems small in terms of the benefits. This was one disappointment when signing but eventually SendPulse was a great addition to our marketing arsenal.

Steven L.
Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Good for eNewsletters

Reviewed on 2019/01/08

Overall, this product is a good tool to deliver newsletter. I don't use this to deliver sales or conversion types of email because it's not reliable enough to trust my sales to.

Pros

SendPulse is good for assembling newsletters. They have an easy to use, drag-and-drop template builder and a good set of editing options.

Cons

I don't like that despite enabling dkim and other deliverability features that many of my users either don't receive the newsletter or they go to spam. I have users who might receive it as spam and then a week later get it to their inbox, and a week later not receive it at all. This can get frustrating.

Anastasia Z.
Industry: Banking
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

The best service for newsletters

Reviewed on 2019/11/29

Pros

In SendPulse, you can quickly launch an ad campaign. Emails created on this platform rarely get users into spam, if done correctly. In addition to sending e-mails, in SendPulse you can set up sending via SMS. It turns out that the platform solves our two problems at once for the same money.

Cons

You need to take filters very seriously. If I configure mailing in SendPulse incorrectly, most messages will be sent to spam.

Dmitry K.
Industry: Security & Investigations

Webpush + Email. Here's why we use SendPulse

Reviewed on 2016/06/17

We started using SendPulse for our software company StaffCop to deliver webpush notifications to get better onboarding. Got incredible 45% CTR and 10% increase in the entire onboarding process. Two months later we decided to switch from MailChimp to SendPulse to create more intelligent email+webpush transactional platform

Pros

A one platform for email, webpush and text

Cons

can not recall quickly

Mike S.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Best Software for Push Notifications

Reviewed on 2018/11/21

Pros

I love using this to capture a push notifications subscription base. Pretty easy to set-up and they have an intuitive campaign builder.

Cons

Trying to remove the SendPulse branding buy paying for an account (they offer unlimtied free subscribers) but I haven't been able to get the payment to process yet.

Lena S.

Excellent Support

Reviewed on 2016/06/20

It was simple to import contacts in to Sendpulse and their integration with other services made it easy for us to keep all our contact sheets updated. When we had questions we did not have to wait for an email response and just called them. That made the process so much faster. Over all very happy with results and their level of support

Pros

Awesome support.

Michelle H.
Industry: Internet
Company size: 10 000+ Employees

Useless if you have subscribers you're bringing with you.

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 2018/04/08

Pros

It may have positives, but since it wouldn't allow me to import my subscribers the service was worthless to me.

Cons

I was unable to merge the subscribers from my website that had signed up for my newsletter which made the service worthless.

Likelihood to recommend: 0.0/10