1 211 reviews

Fresha

Online booking software for salon and spa businesses

1 211 reviews
Mark A.

A great experience so far...

Reviewed on 2021/03/15

Pros

We switched from Booker, who we had been with for 8 years, and so far the experience has been great. I love that Fresha works great on all devices and that our customers can do pretty much anything from their phones, including make and amend bookings, complete consultation forms, add payment cards, see their history etc. It's easy for our customers to book and check availability with their favourite therapist in a few clicks. The integrated payment system is good value and Fresha provide everything .. so no separate card processing, payment gateways or machine rental charges. The UK support is helpful and friendly and there are lots of articles, videos etc to help you get set up.

Cons

New features are being added all the time (you can see what's planned on their community pages). Features not currently available but in an ideal world I would like are, the migration of appointment history and existing gift vouchers, discount codes that can be promoted to clients and entered online and more options for sending out emails along the lines of MailChimp. Some of these are planned so it's still a great choice.

David K.

LIGHTYEARS AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION

Reviewed on 2020/12/10

I made the switch from Mind Body, and within days, my whole team absolutely fell in love with it. Afterwards, my clients have now done the same

Pros

The interface for both clients and operators, it's smooth and never glitchy, it's EASY as can be, the price is unbeatable, and the customer service is excellent.... Like a Tesla, this is software that gets BETTER overtime. Can't wait to see where it goes!

Cons

Still waiting to find one. I suppose the marketing items could be expanded, but they keep us posted about that which is very nice.

Tracey L.

Amazing

Reviewed on 2021/03/25

Brilliant great managers that keep you on track to make sure you are optimise all the features that are constantly being updated

Pros

A very efficient and effective online cloud based booking system, we get amazing feedback daily from our clients on how easy it is to use, it has practically reduced our no shows to zero .
Great for the whole team , great for rebooking clients and the appointment reminders are brilliant.

Cons

I think the updates need to be updated quicker.

Zaid R.

Friendly use, full integration solution for barber shops

Reviewed on 2021/01/14

Extremely happy and better than any system we used earlier

Pros

Ease of use and the comprehensive aspects that Fresha covers, integrated with social media , inventory ,POS invoicing , employees , and scheduling
And mostly keeping clients instantly updated with their appointments anytime anywhere

Cons

Can’t fined any to be honest maybe after one year of use I could give a feedback

Sarah C.

Thanks Fresha and team

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

I think I’ve said everything at the top.
I do feel the positive change in going with an app. I don’t know how I managed without it. I know there may be other apps about, but I’m happy with the pay as you go that Fresha do.

Pros

Before Fresha, I was using a pencil and an book. Clients had to call by phone to book an appointment or send a message through social media. On my day off, I would carry the book with me and divert calls to my phone. This wasn’t great if I was out and about shopping or just having a needed switch off /quiet time. I can honestly say that going online with Fresha, has changed my business. Clients can book in easily and the book now buttons create opportunities for clients to see who’s available at any time day or night. I love all the features and the consultation helps a great deal. I think that Fresha helps my salon to reach out to the people who don’t like to call for appointments and for browsing prices and services without feeling like they have to commit. I love the now show fee. Has helped immensely. I like how the app overall polishes the business and makes it more professional. Generating new clients through this, has helped us grow and expand with new staff. Oh, I love that my accountant can also log in and get what she needs at any time without me having a hand written log. I love that it’s harder for staff to take money using fraudulent means. Fresha let’s me know exactly who’s paid what and I know exactly what’s going on.

Cons

If there’s anything I’m not sure about, I feel I can get in touch and ask.
I’m not so keen on the card payment device. It’s a bit slow and clunky. Also- with the no show- sometimes people clear their account so you can’t take the payments they owe. I don’t think there’s much you could do with that.
I would like the client info to merge better for people who one week book in with their maiden name of Scott and other times decide to be ‘oh.. is it under the name Wilson?’ And have 2 different client a counts ..or use different emails.

Ted W.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Spa Management and POS software that will be LOVED by Spa Owners and Managers who implement it!

Reviewed on 2017/06/04

Many, if the company will be doing such a great job, in near future Shedul will be the Spa Management software to go! My wife spa is very customer oriented and this software allows us to accommodate our customers request much easier, quicker and with fewer errors. I love it!

Pros

There are many areas of this software that I really like (even now, when the software is limited in certain functions BUT, it is continuously updated with new functions. In a year or so it will be the best software that is available to manage spas and salons. And, it might be the software of choice for spa managers and owners due to the fallowing few reasons:
Ease of Use, multi-platform compatibility, fast, reliable and it has all you need to run a day to day beauty spa operation including POS.
Appointment scheduling and appointment management are the BEST compared to other software that I have evaluated or used (and I paid $$$) Actually, it has no limitations nor restrictions and I Love It.
Inventory Management working great though does not have yet incorporated "low stock warning" but I am sure it will have soon so no issue for me.
Services - very easy to create and manage. One limitation, for now, is that so far they don't have available "packages" and tracking package usage. Though, I believe that they will include them very soon.
Clients - Shedul has all you need including almost real time SMS/email clients notifications (appointment creation, changes, or completion). There are no automatic reminders yet, but the software keeps it organized very nicely using color codes.
Reports- right now a little limited but they are constantly adding new ones.
Shedul - administrator listening to their client's requests.

Cons

Right now the application does not have the interface to setup a merchant account (Credit Card processing) though they are working on it and it should be ready in the next few months.
You can setup two different tax tables (sales and service) but in the reports so far there is no specific report that you can calculate a sale tax. Never the less, you can manually calculate it since there is a report for total $ sales for a specific period.
Packages- hopefully, they will implement soon option to sell package deals and some type of way of tracking usage of services in the package against the client or actual package.
Voucher- we don't use vouchers so I did not find this function too useful. We sell "Gift Certificate" and hopefully they will implement sales and management of gift certificate in POS.
It would be nice to have in POS percentage for service tip calculation since many of our clients often say "give particular % as a tip for the service". Right now there is a function in POS where you can add a certain amount as a tip to the total bill. For many people that could be sufficient though.

Tracy P.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Shedul is amazing and their team is simply unbeatable in their support and response time!

Reviewed on 2016/08/22

Before we opened our salon in April, we researched and selected Shedul because of its many features that are truly outstanding. What drew my eye first was the ability to use it at no charge. How could they offer so many features and benefits without the high charges other companies have? I wanted to give it a try without the hassles of "trial periods" and training videos.

You have got to experience this for yourself! Have you ever said "I wish my schedule could do this" or "I love it but..." about your current or future calendar, POS, or booking system?
Well, Shedul makes magic happen. They have such an amazing team of designers and IT that are so responsive, that they take "votes" from the community (members) to see what they will add or improve next!
Yes, you actually have a VOICE that is heard. I have never had that with any other company in any field.

As to Shedul itself, it is extremely user-friendly, very easy to learn and allows me to do every thing I want to do. Book online? No problem! POS? Everything you want out of it. How about SMS texting and emailing your clients? $0 charge on their end, just subscribe to a phone carrier that offers unlimited texting (like most cell phones have) and you are good to go.
Current projects are updated so that the community can follow along with the progress.
Also, it is not only for Hair Salons! Nails, Estheticians, Massage Therapists and others can use all the features as well.
Want to have your employees be able to see the calendar and receive email notifications when there is an online booking, or you want to track if the booking came from your website, facebook, or walk-in? You can. Want your office manager or receptionist to receive the email as well? You can. I can go on, but you really need to check it out for yourself!
Shedul is simply the best. Justyne, you and your team have made using business software fun and exciting!

Pros

I am always interested in making things smarter, faster, easier, etc. I have found a perfect partnership with the team from Shedul.
Responsive team at Shedul
Online Booking
SMS texting/Email for confirmations, reminders, thank you's, etc.
Email to associate who has the booking with additional email to receptionist/owner/manager, whoever you need notified.
POS
Barcode scan in Products or hand key them in to see at POS.
Rebooking feature
Able to see calendar weekly or daily
Run numerous reports
Security levels for different team members
The list is really much more than this, these are a few of the many features to be found.

Cons

There are no Cons. You will never regret going with Shedul for your business!

Milan C.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Amazing software, developers have nailed it as they have captured all the features we need...

Reviewed on 2016/08/17

This software is exactly what we have been searching for. It has the features we need, is powerful enough to maintain all of our client data, appointments for multiple staff, sales dashboard, generating reports, import/export data, online booking buttons for social media websites including Facebook, and much much more.

I have worked with various software and client relationship managers previously however I have found this to be extremely easy to use for all staff over other programs. We have a relatively new small business and I have personally tried over 30 different similar type programs and none of them have suited my needs, and couldn't customise to our needs. I even tried Excel based systems and creating my own however it was harder for multiple staff to use and would be prone to mistakes. Due to this, we stayed with the good old appointment book for appointments and used excel to track sales etc.

Coming across this software has changed all that; we are now using this and have ditched excel and filed away the appointment book. It literally does everything we need and has extra features we can also use that we weren't using before.

Pros

Everything we need is here with the ease of access required for all staff members. It's great that we can see daily appointments, sales, revenue etc from the dashboard and can easily generate reports and export to excel. Adding different services and products (i.e. retail add on products) is extremely simple; you enter in the service and include price and duration etc which makes it very easy when making appointments. The checkout option also displays your products in case you forgot or haven't promoted it in the appointment so can easily add extra value to each appointment. The added feature to send SMS reminders to clients automatically is excellent and I really like how they have added options to customise this feature, such as adding times in which to send these reminders so they are not sent in the middle of the night for example. They have really done their research on what clients need and am very impressed with this software.

Cons

The company has pretty much nailed it with their software though if I had to put something, I could only suggest adding the ability to further customise options, page layout, which data to display or not display etc; this would be great.

Carla T.

Life saving system

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

Very happy, wouldn’t mind if it was a bit more affordable for people small like me but I’m happy and grateful for having the system for free.
I also would like to mention [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the lady assigned for my area for her phone call yesterday, no hard sell at all, just wanting to know me and my view on Fresha and also offered to help me with the system to see what else I could benefit from, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] knows that I can’t afford at the moment the subscription and still was very kind offering to look what else I can do with my free account, was lovely and very pleasant to me. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and hope you get this review

Pros

I’ve been with Fresha from the beginning, used to be called shedull. I thought it was to good to be true, free for life?! What was the catch I thought? NONE! Yes free! For me the system it’s just amazing, from online bookings, text and email confirmations for clients, costumer service when I have doubts they are fast with solutions and explanations. I don’t use all of the features as I’m happy with what I’ve got, however if I was to grow my business for sure I would sign up for the rest of the features... only can say good things because it’s been very good for me. Highly recommend it.

Cons

I can’t fault anything... like I said above I do t use the whole systems fully...

Rachel R.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Going Live with On Line Booking

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Pros

The Customer Service. Hands down the most outstanding customer service . Fresha is there to answer questions, provide training, assistance and follow through with genuine care and dedication to make your scheduling, on line booking and marketing successful. We are very pleased with the outstanding
investment Fresha has brought our Company.
The software is very user friendly. Our guests have loved the on line booking upgrade which has increased our sales and made it more convenient our guests to have options and information about the service and treatments that we provide.

Cons

We wish we would have launched Fresha Plus sooner.

Bernardo F.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Doesn't work for most hair salons

Reviewed on 2019/09/25

Overall, when there is an actual way they can help you, you get a straight answer but when you have an issue with a feature that they don't have, you get emails back with answers not related to your initial question.
I'm guessing also that this app is made by developers who haven't consulted with salon owners and it shows.

Pros

Easy to set up and use. Interface is well designed.

Cons

Does not work for all hair salons!
You cannot choose two service providers we hen clients book online. E.g.. One of our staff is a stylist and her clients visit other colourists in the salon for their colour. You can't book two separate people so the client is forced to make one appointment at a time which is frustrating for them. Also, they haven't set it up so you see when the next available time or day is so the client has to check day by day to find an available spot which is also annoying for them.

Response from Shedul.com

Sorry to see this, Fernandez. Actually, we have 40,000 Salons using us globally, have won Most User-friendly, Most Popular and Most Affordable for 3 years in a row, so the team definitely know what they are doing ;)

The Support team spent a lot of time responding to your emails and finding solutions for your very specific requests. If we don't have a feature, of course we'd try and find a solution for you, and if not, it would be added to the to do lists.

You're welcome back anytime but we wish you luck with your continued search :)

April P.

Amazing Scheduling App

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Great user-friendly system and features. Amazing app!

Pros

Recently switched the Shedul as it offers more features that my previous app didn’t have such as categorized services when online booking, colour-coded services, daily reports, inventory, analytics, etc.

Cons

I wish there was a feature to also have a 1hr text reminder along with the 24/48hr e-mail reminder. My clients really appreciated that feature my old app provided.

Hannah B.

Simple and Brilliant

Reviewed on 2019/07/23

Pros

I used shedul in my past job and found it easy to use for basic bookings so I decided to use it for my own business, it is extremely easy to set up and for me it was a tad more tricky as I work in 7 different salons on a monthly basis so it’s not a Mon-Fri roster! However if shedul didn’t have a feature I thought would be handy within a few hours of sending an email I had a response with a brilliant solution,
Each time I can’t figure something out or I’ve been wracking my own brain the customer service team comes back really quickly with a step by step explanation on how to sort my issue!

Seriously the best experience I’ve ever had with customer service in any industry!

Cons

I would like the option to choose my appointment times eg. 9am, 10am not 10:15 etc

Ocean F.

Best of the best

Reviewed on 2021/02/23

I have a learning disability. I have to see step by step what’s in front of me. My business is my art. It’s not numbers and spreadsheets. Fresha does the hard part for me and it’s free.
I don’t have a receptionist so fresha is mine.
I raised my prices a little to cover the transaction fees which are not much at all.
I love fresha I’m so happy with everything they do and have done for me. They really do want you to be successful. I know it feels like you’re all alone when starting a business by yourself, but fresha is like the big bother you never knew you needed. I can’t thank y’all enough for keeping me on track!!!

Pros

I like that clients get updates about up services.
I also like the reports it generates. My tax spread sheets are easy to do I just plug in the numbers.
I like that clients have to book with a card prior to seeing me. It insures me that no one is going to be wasting my time. I love the fresha team and all the support the pour over my head like my fairy god mother’s. Any minor inconvenience I’m going to reach out. They responded and resolved immediately. And I’m back to being a confident business owner. Ever since I’ve started using fresha my business in flourishing.

Cons

I’m just waiting for the membership to roll out!!!
I know it’s coming soon.

Maro S.

Reviewed on 2017/06/09

It is most comprehensive scalable cloud based solution for any salon, wellness or similar business operations. It is easily integrated into existing web site application or Facebook page making it one of the most important parts of the business operations and all aspects of it.

Pros

It's most comprehensive solution for managing all aspects of the business. Cloud based scalable and easily integrated into existing web site application or Facebook makes it one of kind. Having privilege and pleasure to use it from the day one of starting our salon business I could not imagine running a business successfully without Shedul and it's valuable support team being core part of the business and deserving credit for the considerable success of Touch of Thai Massage and Spa in Dubrovnik. Croatia.

Cons

Making mobile number verification scripts can be challenging for any software company and the number of mobile phones globally makes this more complex with every day.

Response from Shedul.com

Hey Maro thank you so much for the review!! Can you please verify your email address with Capterra, so your review can be displayed on our page? Thanks again! :-)

Maasa C.

Mission pay per service function

Reviewed on 2019/03/25

Pros

It's a very intuitive program to use and its free:)

Cons

I'm having to do payroll manually because I do not pay my staff on a commission rate. I believe many spas to not do so because a lot of aesthetic services require product use and it doesn't make sense to pay the same commission rate for massage services or other service that do not require much product. This would be a perfect system if there was an option to pay each employee a service rate and also and option to pay individual staff members a scale of service rate depending on their experience so they have room to grow. I'm truly hoping that this function will be added soon because with 10 staff members it's taking too much time to do payroll and now I'm looking for another POS system. If this is on the horizon please let me know. Thanks so much!

Tariq F.

It’s worth it

Reviewed on 2020/12/15

Since being with Fresha I could not fault.
When I got set up I must have been on the phone to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about 10 times a day every day for weeks

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] done amazing job in setting everything up and helping me navigate through the system to use to my full benefit

Pros

I have used a lot of software systems in the 25yrs I have been doing my job.
Since I was introduced to Fresha I was a bit hesitant but I went for it and haven’t looked back
Software is easy to use and access anywhere.

Cons

I would say the o lay thing I would change would be the theme of the software and make it a little more fun looking and fresh vibrant colours.

One key dealbreaker

Reviewed on 2019/04/27

One of the primary issues for users is the lack of calendar syncing, and the only response from support is that it’s not that big a deal, all of the other features make up for it. I’ve stopped using it because of the lack of calendar syncing.

Pros

It’s free, easy to use, and adaptable.

Cons

No sync between app and any external calendars. No iCal, no google calendar, nothing.

Response from Shedul.com

We're so sorry to see this! We take features requests extremely seriously and it's the main reason we've been offering Shedul entirely for free so that we can capture user demands. Yes, syncing calendars is high on our priority list and we know it's very important to our customers, we just have a couple of others that are even more in demand to get out of the way first. It's impossible to build all features at one :( Please let us forward your conversation to [email protected] and we'll take this further

Valerie P.

Best salon software

Reviewed on 2020/12/29

Love using the free features and they are adding new features over time to enhance the software.’

Pros

I love using fresha!! I really like the fact that you can utilize almost everything you need to run a successful business! It keeps track on everything with integrated options to social media plus google !

Cons

The least thing at this time is the feature for customers to book and reserve appointments for cancellations and no show fees. If a customer books with a credit card on file they can use any card without a dime on it and in the event they do no show or cancel their card is declined for insufficient funds! I’m out of my policy no show fee and I’ve lost an hour of my time with production.

Sandra S.

Very happy

Reviewed on 2019/05/21

Pros

I like here everything. Easy to use. Organised clients and me too. I love the app

Cons

No app , but it's fine, used to have like it is

Angela S.

Fabulous!!!

Reviewed on 2020/04/04

I love it!!!

Pros

I absolutely love this software! The customer service is so kind and helpful!! I really appreciate all they do to make sure I have what I need and I can do whatever’s necessary to have my business run smoothly. Especially through this time of need!!

Cons

The only thing I had an issue with was the processing time. I can’t quite figure out how to make it give me that 1/2hr between services...

Jessica N.

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Love them! Easy to use, great layout and great customer service

Pros

I have emailed the Shedul/Fresha team with my concerns and in less than 24hrs i get good feedback and solutions. Excellent customer service. They really care.
I highly recommend using this app.

Cons

They are still developing their services available but still worth it.

Shanice M.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

I reccomend this service to everyone

Reviewed on 2019/03/26

Thank you shedul for making my booking experience with clients a professional and straightforward one. As a lot of my customers have explained, this system is idiot proof, anyone can use it even people that are not great with technology, straightforward and no messing around

Pros

I love the ease of bookings, clients find it extremely easy, it's an attractive booking site, if it is eveb possible for a booking system to be attractive! But easy to navigate and has increased my business bookings by na incredible amount.

Cons

The only bad part, this is the part that holds the entire system back is not being able to take booking fees directly through the system, I understand the data protection and software behind this is very complex but its sadly the reason I am leaving this system and will hopefully be back once that feature has been ruled out and is working

Marie M.

Amazing

Reviewed on 2020/05/05

Excellent , communication is key

Pros

Love the fact that you can control your bookings from anywhere from any device.. love all the features and benefits .. and love the new e mail blasts .. excellent

Cons

The fact that you have to pay a percentage of service when booking online

Anna C.

It’s such an obvious choice

Reviewed on 2020/05/13

We’ve used it and seen it grow. Adding more features. It’s easy to set up, and use.

Pros

It’s easy to use.sends confirmations of appointments and reminders to clients. Free or very reasonable to use depending on level. Saved us over £150 a month .

Cons

Client record cards perhaps , there’s not really anything I don’t like