Fresha Reviews

Fresha

4,9 (1 392)
Online booking platform for beauty and wellness businesses.

(1 392)

EDUARDO
EDUARDO

Easy to use, reliable and very robust.

Reviewed on 2020/01/06

This platform has allowed us to expand considerably thanks to the marketing campaigns that we can do through our website and facebook pages integrated into this application,
in addition to allowing us to make reservations online, another highlight is the inventory control that we have been able to make with this tool, in addition to payments, is a very comprehensive program that offers great functionality, facilitating and optimizing the management of the business, so the team will improve their productivity and efficiency, thanks to the commands made in Shedul. Thanks to this tool our business has grown rapidly and has managed to consolidate in the market and earn the trust and satisfaction of our customers.

Pros

Shedul is a web platform that has a mobile application (iOs and Android), has a very friendly interface, does not require learning curve, its design is very effective and elegant, allows to centralize all aspects related to the administration of a beauty salon, integrates features such as web site customization, booking appointments and recurring appointments, management of employees, inventories....
This efficient tool is accessible from any device, anywhere and at any time via the Internet. In addition, it has a very complete free version and more functional business plans.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this program is very robust, complete and effective, has a high rate of customization, is well structured and offers excellent results.

Rachel
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Going Live with On Line Booking

Reviewed on 2020/12/01

Pros

The Customer Service. Hands down the most outstanding customer service . Fresha is there to answer questions, provide training, assistance and follow through with genuine care and dedication to make your scheduling, on line booking and marketing successful. We are very pleased with the outstanding
investment Fresha has brought our Company.
The software is very user friendly. Our guests have loved the on line booking upgrade which has increased our sales and made it more convenient our guests to have options and information about the service and treatments that we provide.

Cons

We wish we would have launched Fresha Plus sooner.

Valerie

Use with caution

Reviewed on 2023/07/24

I tried updating my bank account information and it took MONTHS! The process is so incredibly difficult that it makes me want to just find a better software. You have to upload several documents, wait for it to be verified which can take weeks, then you have to take your card terminal offline and wait for it to be reprogrammed which takes several days, then you have to re-board your terminal which can be tricky. Then for some reason after doing all of these steps, it was still depositing funds into my old account. Now they want me to re-do everything and then update ALL the booking links on my website. This is a nightmare. I was able to create a square account and have my bank verified instantly, so I will just use that from now on and even though the card fees are slightly higher, I'm still saving without all the hidden fees and 20% commission that these thieves try to take.

Pros

Very simple for people that just need a basic software

Cons

Hidden fees like charging 20% for "new clients" even if they are existing clients that book with a new account. Sometimes existing clients will forget their password and just create a new account to book an appointment out of ease. Fresha claims they will recognize emails and phone numbers and not classify them as a new client but this is false. They will charge you 20% and the software doesn't allow you merge the clients together. You have to delete the new account your client created and then re-book with their existing account and then try to help them get a new password. It's absurd.

Jorge
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Appointments, scheduling and notes | An all-in-one no-brainer app

Reviewed on 2023/11/22

Pros

First of all: FREE! Second: Complete! Third: take notes, upload pictures which is great for before/after pictures or medical exams, prescriptions, etc. Fourth: Patient notifications by e-mail and SMS... is that enough?

Cons

I'd love to be able to edit the SMS reminder. I love the fact it has Portuguese as a language, since I'm based in Portugal. HOWEVER, the fact that it uses Portuguese from Brazil (as if that's even legit) is annoying. Words like "gerenciamento" and "oi" on a reminder for a health appointment in Portugal shouldn't exist if you want to look professional :(

Emily
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Fantastic!!

Reviewed on 2020/03/31

Loved it!

Loved it!

Pros

I love that Fresha is simple and easy to use. Coming from a much more complicated system like MINDBODY, Fresha was so wonderfully easy to figure out and implement. Customer service has always been so kind and responsive and happy to help. I love this software and am So grateful for how they have supported me during the challenges of COVID-19.

Cons

I have been with them for a few years so like any software it has been a gradual build with new features. Online processing/sales and gift cards weren’t always a feature but they are so great at listening to the needs of their customers and making upgrades.

Sarah

Fresha Review

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

Fresha has been very easy for us to use since the day we set up, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been so helpful with any queries we have had and been a massive help in implementing the software for our salon. We moved over from another booking system and find that for what we use the software for, Fresha has been much better value for money

Pros

It was very easy to set up and navigate. Capturing client details is very beneficial to us and I’m sure this has contributed to our lack of no shows. There are so many options to chose from making it fully customisable to each salon. We can run two salons from the same software which saves a lot of time and clients also find it simple to navigate and book themselves in.

Cons

Consultation forms is a huge part of our job and it’s great to be able to send to clients ahead of their appointment, however a lot of clients do not fill these out, even after being reminded, so it would be beneficial to have a feature which enables us to have the client fill out their form on the spot in the salon from our own iPad.

When clients book themselves online we have had a few instances of people thinking they have already paid for their appointment as they put their card details in. It would be great if it was explained to them that we only capture these details in case of cancellation or no show.

Kat

Fresha is INCREDIBLE

Reviewed on 2021/03/12

Fresha makes running my business so much easier. All the features I use are just so easy and sleek. The booking calendar, reminders, payments, stock taking. The customer service is second to none.. any issue or query is answered so quickly and always resolved.

Pros

The booking system is so easy to use, I love every feature. Booking, confirmation, payment, reschedule.. the holding card details

Cons

That I can’t sync it to my google calendar

Jess

The Best

Reviewed on 2020/04/02

Pros

This program is so easy to use, it has all the correct reports easily available.

Cons

The only thing that is a slight inconvenience it the inability to customise reminder text messages and notifications that are sent out to the clients.

Andrea

Great addition to my business

Reviewed on 2019/09/30

LOVE

LOVE

Pros

It is extremely user friendly for both myself and my clients. It updates me immediately when someone books an appointment. I researched several different applications before I decided on this one. After using it for a while I feel like I have definitely made the right choice. I have already recommended this product too many of my colleagues and plan to do so in the future. It's a great addition that makes my job much easier.

Cons

Some of my clients like text message reminders when it's time for their hair cut. This way they do not have to think about it and I make sure they are in on time. I would love 4 to 6 week automatic reminders for certain clients. Honestly, this would be my only suggestion. Everything else is well-thought-out and thorough. This company has literally thought of everything.

Vagaro and Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Fresha

They were quick to respond and seemed to be extremely organized.
Mary
Mary
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Not Recommended if you want to receive your funds

Reviewed on 2020/01/13

Honestly, I could deal with the cons and find suitable alternatives because it was so easy to use. Analytics were great and my staff loved the system. The turning point occurred when I enrolled in their payment processing. I submitted all required information and received a message that everything had been verified. Payouts began the next day and were deposited into my bank account without issue. A month later I received an email saying they couldn’t verify my account and were holding my funds. Almost a month later and after submitting and resubmitting at least 5 times, they still say they can’t verify the information. My bank has no idea what the issue could be. Bottom line: if you want to receive the money you worked to earn, do not enroll in their payment processing system. I’ve gone back to my previous system and am receiving my payouts with no issues whatsoever.

Pros

Very easy and intuitive to implement and use on a daily basis.

Cons

Unable to create and send client intake forms or customize client confirmations or rescheduling of appointments, thank you’s, marketing texts etc.

Response from Fresha

Hey Mary, so sorry to see this review but pleased to see you're still using Shedul. I can see that you've passed all of the essential security checks so we can continue with regular payouts and payment processing.

Verification checks are legal security requirements rather than Shedul's requirements but it's ultimately better to be safe. Now that you've passed, you can process payments as usual :)

We're sorry it took longer than expected but we would appreciate it if you would update this review to reflect how you've used all of Shedul's features for the last 2 years and continue to do so.

Thank you for all of your support and feedback

Jessica

outgrew fresha

Reviewed on 2023/07/08

Fresha is a good software for a sole proprietor. they have weird hidden fees.. It feels sometimes shady when I would've paid a monthly amount. it allowed staff to cash out packages and not cash out the appointment but the appointment would show closed. this caused a lot of lost money.

Pros

customer service was great and helpfulclients found it easy to bookdeposits were taken easily

Cons

switching to another software was a nightmare everything is wonky.commission was always incorrect but only for a few transactionsa couple times my scheduled deposits were delayed once for a over a week. unreliable.

April

Amazing Scheduling App

Reviewed on 2019/10/08

Great user-friendly system and features. Amazing app!

Great user-friendly system and features. Amazing app!

Pros

Recently switched the Shedul as it offers more features that my previous app didn’t have such as categorized services when online booking, colour-coded services, daily reports, inventory, analytics, etc.

Cons

I wish there was a feature to also have a 1hr text reminder along with the 24/48hr e-mail reminder. My clients really appreciated that feature my old app provided.

StyleSeat and Schedulista

Reasons for Choosing Fresha

Their online booking feature did not organized the different services in categories. I offer 3 different services and look to add more in the future. I wanted my clients to be able to quickly and easily navigate to their desired service.

Square Appointments

Reasons for Switching to Fresha

Professional look, functionality, 24/7 customer support.
Frank

Fresha - Salon Management software

Reviewed on 2021/03/17

All businesses need systems, simple systems work best, just the accounting integration. They get that right, they will have an absolute winner

Pros

scheduling, invoicing, inventory management and marketing. Has good CRM capabilities

Cons

No accounting software integration, tedious/cumbersome CSV export

Trish

Best program ever!

Reviewed on 2019/07/08

I have been in the beauty industry for over 20 years. Have paid ridiculous amounts of money for other programs and the service was no way near as good.
I have recommended this program to 2 other salon owners. Cannot speak highly enough!
It has everything a salon needs and they are continually improving.

Pros

It does absolutely everything I need it to do and the customer service is outstanding!

Cons

No app on phone but it’s not really a problem as I have it saved in favorites on my phone.

Annie

Recommend for new business owners

Reviewed on 2023/09/26

Pros

Clients find it easy to use the online booking

Cons

Setting up was harder than other online booking systems, hard to sync with google calendar, not mobile friendly, the fees are high

Timely

Reasons for Choosing Fresha

Online booking had option to take deposits

Goldie

Just mostly testing it out for 6 month, found it harder to use than Goldie
Ted
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Spa Management and POS software that will be LOVED by Spa Owners and Managers who implement it!

Reviewed on 2017/06/04

Many, if the company will be doing such a great job, in near future Shedul will be the Spa Management software to go! My wife spa is very customer oriented and this software allows us to accommodate our customers request much easier, quicker and with fewer errors. I love it!

Pros

There are many areas of this software that I really like (even now, when the software is limited in certain functions BUT, it is continuously updated with new functions. In a year or so it will be the best software that is available to manage spas and salons. And, it might be the software of choice for spa managers and owners due to the fallowing few reasons:
Ease of Use, multi-platform compatibility, fast, reliable and it has all you need to run a day to day beauty spa operation including POS.
Appointment scheduling and appointment management are the BEST compared to other software that I have evaluated or used (and I paid $$$) Actually, it has no limitations nor restrictions and I Love It.
Inventory Management working great though does not have yet incorporated "low stock warning" but I am sure it will have soon so no issue for me.
Services - very easy to create and manage. One limitation, for now, is that so far they don't have available "packages" and tracking package usage. Though, I believe that they will include them very soon.
Clients - Shedul has all you need including almost real time SMS/email clients notifications (appointment creation, changes, or completion). There are no automatic reminders yet, but the software keeps it organized very nicely using color codes.
Reports- right now a little limited but they are constantly adding new ones.
Shedul - administrator listening to their client's requests.

Cons

Right now the application does not have the interface to setup a merchant account (Credit Card processing) though they are working on it and it should be ready in the next few months.
You can setup two different tax tables (sales and service) but in the reports so far there is no specific report that you can calculate a sale tax. Never the less, you can manually calculate it since there is a report for total $ sales for a specific period.
Packages- hopefully, they will implement soon option to sell package deals and some type of way of tracking usage of services in the package against the client or actual package.
Voucher- we don't use vouchers so I did not find this function too useful. We sell "Gift Certificate" and hopefully they will implement sales and management of gift certificate in POS.
It would be nice to have in POS percentage for service tip calculation since many of our clients often say "give particular % as a tip for the service". Right now there is a function in POS where you can add a certain amount as a tip to the total bill. For many people that could be sufficient though.

Sarah

Thanks Fresha and team

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

I think I’ve said everything at the top.
I do feel the positive change in going with an app. I...

I think I’ve said everything at the top.
I do feel the positive change in going with an app. I don’t know how I managed without it. I know there may be other apps about, but I’m happy with the pay as you go that Fresha do.

Pros

Before Fresha, I was using a pencil and an book. Clients had to call by phone to book an appointment or send a message through social media. On my day off, I would carry the book with me and divert calls to my phone. This wasn’t great if I was out and about shopping or just having a needed switch off /quiet time. I can honestly say that going online with Fresha, has changed my business. Clients can book in easily and the book now buttons create opportunities for clients to see who’s available at any time day or night. I love all the features and the consultation helps a great deal. I think that Fresha helps my salon to reach out to the people who don’t like to call for appointments and for browsing prices and services without feeling like they have to commit. I love the now show fee. Has helped immensely. I like how the app overall polishes the business and makes it more professional. Generating new clients through this, has helped us grow and expand with new staff. Oh, I love that my accountant can also log in and get what she needs at any time without me having a hand written log. I love that it’s harder for staff to take money using fraudulent means. Fresha let’s me know exactly who’s paid what and I know exactly what’s going on.

Cons

If there’s anything I’m not sure about, I feel I can get in touch and ask.
I’m not so keen on the card payment device. It’s a bit slow and clunky. Also- with the no show- sometimes people clear their account so you can’t take the payments they owe. I don’t think there’s much you could do with that.
I would like the client info to merge better for people who one week book in with their maiden name of Scott and other times decide to be ‘oh.. is it under the name Wilson?’ And have 2 different client a counts ..or use different emails.

Belinda

Fantastic system for any business!

Reviewed on 2023/01/24

It’s fantastic, have recommended it to many and had some friends sign up over the last few years. You can modify your system to be as simple or complicated as you want to with treatments, services, products, commission for staff, reminders, text or email promotions honestly the perks are endless!

Pros

Fresha is a fantastic program and I have been using it now for over 2 years. I have been very happy with the system since moving over from Timely. I have contacted customer service a few times and they have always been amazingly accommodating.

Cons

I only have one little bit of feedback, it would be great to be able to select some Treatments being only available on certain days but all in all great program.

Square Point of Sale

Cheaper fees

Timely
anoosheh

Scammers and dishonest

Reviewed on 2023/07/05

Do not trust this company with your credit card!Fresha was free until it wasn't. I started with Fresha when it was free. after building up over 3000 clients on their software, they started makin shady charges to my card. for example, I started asking to store credit card info for NEW clients. but they started charging my existing clients. They claimed it was a glitch in their system. So, I reversed that feature. then, when I restarted capturing CC's, they started charging 20cents per credit card capture. Then They started charging a percentage of charges at check out IF the booking was made through "their marketplace". But a client booked by clicking on my google ad (which already costs a lot), but now they are charging my credit card a ridiculous 20% for that client, claiming it was booked through their market place! Do Not trust Fresha. very shady and dishonest practices.Do Not Trust Fresha. They will use shady tactics to charge your card, and You have absolutely no way to defend yourself.

Pros

easy to use, and relatively easy to set up.

Cons

1. dishonest about why they charge your credit card2. constantly thinking of new ways to charge you3. Credit cards captured for no shows, frequently say "insufficient funds" and no customer service help, and in some cases say "code sent to client" to allow us to charge for the no show! Just laughable.4. Nickle and diming for everything for their "Free" app, and shady charges

Mohamed

Amazing Software

Reviewed on 2021/11/23

Pros

For someone who is looking for a comprehensive, user-friendly, and inexpensive software solution for their business, Fresha is the easy answer.

I love how they constantly introduce updates that come directly from their customers’ feedback. I love how they treat you like a real partner every single time you ask for help.

I have used quite a few business softwares over the years; and I don’t think any of them comes even close to Fresha in terms of ease of access, value for money, or even detailed reports.

Cons

Some features take some time to get introduced. But hey, they’re coming.

Booker

Book4Time

Carla

Life saving system

Reviewed on 2021/03/23

Very happy, wouldn’t mind if it was a bit more affordable for people small like me but I’m happy and grateful for having the system for free.
I also would like to mention [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the lady assigned for my area for her phone call yesterday, no hard sell at all, just wanting to know me and my view on Fresha and also offered to help me with the system to see what else I could benefit from, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] knows that I can’t afford at the moment the subscription and still was very kind offering to look what else I can do with my free account, was lovely and very pleasant to me. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and hope you get this review

Pros

I’ve been with Fresha from the beginning, used to be called shedull. I thought it was to good to be true, free for life?! What was the catch I thought? NONE! Yes free! For me the system it’s just amazing, from online bookings, text and email confirmations for clients, costumer service when I have doubts they are fast with solutions and explanations. I don’t use all of the features as I’m happy with what I’ve got, however if I was to grow my business for sure I would sign up for the rest of the features... only can say good things because it’s been very good for me. Highly recommend it.

Cons

I can’t fault anything... like I said above I do t use the whole systems fully...

Jade
  • Industry: Sports

Great scheduling program

Reviewed on 2020/03/29

I have been using Shedul as a scheduling tool. This has helped me to be a lot more organised and has prevented me from double booking staff which was happening before. It saves me time when taking bookings because I can see all my staff's bookings for the day on the same screen. I love how easy it is to use and I hope to keep using it for a long time.

Pros

- Shedul/Fresha is REALLY easy to use. We are a surf school, not a salon and I was able to adapt it to fit our needs easily. Even staff who are not good with technology were able to log on and easily use this program. I've used many different scheduling programs and this one has been the best for my needs with this company, and definitely the easiest to learn to use.
- Adaptable - I was able to set up products mostly as I needed to even though they are not the products the program was intended for.
- The software has not crashed the entire time I've been using it. I have had no technical problems with it, which is great!!!
- Support - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from the Shedul team contacted me and asked if I needed any help, or if I had any suggestions or further needs from the software - this was impressive!!
- Ease of access - I can be logged on on my computer, phone and my bosses phone all at once with no problems

Cons

I'm looking forward to the class feature being added, this will be very helpful for our business.

It would be nice to be able to view multiple days and multiple staff at the same time on the calendar but I am happy with how it is currently.

Shayna
Shayna

Choose something else...

Reviewed on 2021/02/03

I do not recommend this company. The headache and frustration of dealing with them is too much. If I did not already have my clients set up in their system, I would be switching to something else.

Pros

Fresha is easy from a set-up perspective. It’s easy to set up clients, booking appointments, etc. It all goes downhill after that.

Cons

I ordered a debit terminal in December 9, 2020. My business was scheduled to be open for business by the new year. There was no sign of my terminal. I emailed. I got a call. The guy had to “review my details” (which were already provided on the application) to see how much I would have to pay for the terminal. Except on the website it says it’s included in the 2.29% plus $0.20 per transaction fees.

I’m already very upset at the delay only to hear about these extra costs. We go through the details again and then it’s determined that with my total sales the terminal is free. They’re going to send the terminal right away. This was in early January.

It’s now February 3, 2021. I STILL do not have a terminal. I had emailed again in late January and received another call. The manufacturer was behind and if I wanted a machine that didn’t print receipts, it would be shipped that day. Yes, that was fine. Three days later I emailed again to get the tracking number. It still wasn’t shipped!!!!

It finally shipped on January 18. It arrived in Lachine, QC in January 25. It’s still sitting there.

Response from Fresha

Hi Shayna,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent experience with Fresha.

We're glad to hear you found the set up and scheduling process simple and easy to use. We're sorry to hear about the delay with your card terminal reaching you and the confusion regarding your fees.

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us and we hope you have a positive experience using Fresha moving forward.

- Team Fresha

Natalie

Great for a cheap alternative

Reviewed on 2022/03/03

Great starter software for small businesses not wanting to break the bank for all the bells and whistles. They were great at listening to what consumers/users wanted and upgraded often to stay with the times and have many options available for all types of businesses needs.

Pros

I loved that it was free when I signed up years ago. It didn’t have all the extra features I would have loved, but for the price, it was great to get my business started. I’m sure they have added many more features since then and have an upgraded paid version.

Cons

With the free version I had signed up to at the time, you couldn’t send out custom forms and have online booking. I believe this has since changed but was part of the reason I switched to a different booking software.

Jane, Mindbody, ClinicSense and Noterro

Reasons for Switching to Fresha

It was a free option with similar features.
Jennifer
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Helpful and Serves Its Purpose

Reviewed on 2019/08/02

When they aren't changing things every week, we are very happy with the product. We love the new app which makes sure my therapists know immediately when their schedule changes.

Pros

Cost effective, simple and easy to use design, web based.

Cons

They make updates so frequently that you are constantly having to relearn where things are and how to do simple tasks. I feel like they should leave some things alone.

Vagaro

Reasons for Switching to Fresha

The cost and it fit our needs.