Frontdesk Anywhere

Complete Cloud-based hotel management solution for hoteliers

4,4
Industry: Construction
Company size: 1 001-5 000 Employees

Host Team for Del Webb at Dove Mountain

Reviewed on 2018/12/18

I am grateful for the technical support provided by India. She was patient and understood how to listen and help me make multiple rate adjustments from 2018-2019 and rally saved the Dove Mountain Hostess Team a lot of time. I wish all your technicians a "Happy New Year!" Enjoy the holidays with your families.

Pros

Front Desk Anywhere is an efficient and user friendly software. I appreciate the technical support.
The more familiar one is with the software the easier it is to make adjustments. Your technicians are most appreciated for their depth of knowledge of how the software works.

Cons

I have no complaints to make. I look forward to the up-dated software.

Amu D.

Great PMS

Reviewed on 2020/03/30

Pros

It is intuitive easy to use and has everything I need.

Cons

The online booking engine is perfectly fine but it could be better

Chelsea M.

A PMS Startup Great for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 2019/12/09

I chose Frontdesk Anywhere, and have long been an advocate. I even pulled another Tulum hotel in as a client! I have experienced some frustration with the limitations of the software/customization capabilities, and the clunkiness of use on the user side of things (PMS) and the client side of things (IBE). Really, truly, having [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as a high-level contact who addresses our needs has been a huge bonus.

Pros

I love that FDA is easy to use, and that I can make modifications to many things that I need to modify (plus can get in the backend and modify HTML, etc). I don't think there are very many options in this price point for small businesses like ours, and I have enjoyed growing with the company. Plus, I love [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She has been a rock for my team since the beginning.

Cons

Some things that I think should be customizable / better designed simply are not and I wish for a Spanish language backend that was fully functional, as much of my team is in Mexico, where our business is located. That might be a niche comment though :) Customer service has been notoriously unavailable on weekends, holidays, and outside of 9-5 PST work hours. I think they're making an effort to combat this on email support at least. I haven't tried to call in a long while because of my frustration around availability.

Christian D.
Industry: Hospitality

The experience has actually all been rather easy ! I-phone style easy

Reviewed on 2017/06/05

uptodate, realtime knowledge specified for our hotel in our country with the items that I need to run our little hotel

Pros

I adore the fact that it can be adapted to our specific regional needs. Even in a developing country like the Kingdom of Cambodia it felt like all the time in the world would be dedicated to us

Cons

The fact thats its technology: I am not very tech-savvy. Add to this that Cambodia is developing and perhaps less trained staff could have made all rather difficult

Sara S.

Satisfaction

Reviewed on 2018/10/29

Great set up. Excellent support team and always there when needed!

Pros

Simple to use and good value for money. Easy to install with adequate training and ongoing help and support when required.

Cons

There isn't really anything we don't like about the software - basically we need to utilise more of its resources and reporting but this is an in house issue!

Pitchapa T.

Amazing PMS for hotelier

Reviewed on 2020/05/14

Pros

I have been using FDA for 2 years. It’s super functional, user friendly and effective for us as Small hotel.
Reports are well organised and helpful for analysis. Yield function in PMS is also help us with better ADR and revenue.

Support team is also helpful.

Cons

Some reports are too complex for front end user.

Rena T.

Reviewed on 2020/04/10

Pros

love that I am able to access this software from anywhere

Cons

sometimes there are a few glitches with logging in

Hal K.
Industry: Hospitality

Hal Keasler Owner Sea View Inn at the Beach Manhattan Beach Ca.

Reviewed on 2016/06/10

Promises,Promises,Promises that is all we receive. It is always going to be fixed by a certain date--
that date comes and goes and nothing gets done. They talk a good game but nothing gets accomplished.

Pros

Cloud based Pleasant Customer Service ---but unable to help.

Cons

Unable to locate guest reservations by email or phone#.Cannot send out Thank You letters with
hotel photo.Unable to drop & drag a reservation from 1 room to another if guest decides to stay longer and that room is requested. Chip processing is a problem on CC too. Very Frustrating

Likelihood to recommend: 2.0/10

Jack S.
Industry: Hospitality

Unreliable platform. Occasional double booking.

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 2018/11/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I've been using this software for three years now. No revenue management software despite their promise to have a system in place.
Credit card processing charges are high due to lack of EMV compliance. Occasional double booking.
Can never reach the sales rep. Trying calling their sales office. No one ever answers the phone. Probably due to their need to filter calls from angry customers.

Pros

Simple to use. Easy to set rate. Cloud based system. Customer support usually responds within 48 hours.

Cons

Credit card processing can not process as credit card present. Therefore must be charged a higher processing fee.
Channel manager inventory update overhead is usually 5-10 minutes.
No revenue management interface - Their website says they have it, but when I talked with Duetto, they said not available with Frontdesk.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Moti M.

Beautiful and helpful

Reviewed on 2015/04/03
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Got very nice and they call me back very quickly and I like that

Cons

Quick response and very helpful. They know what they are doing very well.

Nunthapat T.
Industry: Hospitality

This PMS is good overall and easy to use.

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 2017/07/14

On Line Based

Pros

-It's good when it's Online Based, so that we could used with any PC, notebook wherever we are On Line
-Easy Access to lots of reports and Front Desk Function
-Software Support, Team Support is great to deal with and quite available at all time with good follow up

Cons

-On the Go improving the reports
-Sometime slow access. (Should be faster)
-The POS function should be combined/ compatible with other programs

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Maria L.

A Happy Client

Reviewed on 2012/11/26

FrontDeskAnywhere is highly recommended by the staff of Deerfield Inn, North Carolina. We are very pleased and secure with the service that is provided and are enjoying online reservations and many compliments regarding our website.

Pros

From the beginning stages to the full implementation of our website, FrontDeskAnywhere has been totally accommodating at every turn. Our representative, Nadim, has been available to the many questions that arose...and had answers! Now that we are "live" and establishing our upgraded business, Nadim is supportive and involved in our progress. FrontDesk is highly recommended!

Cons

Deerfield Inn does not have any cons regarding FrontDeskAnywhere.

Great value for money and a good system

Reviewed on 2018/07/03

Pros

The layout of the platform is good and easy to use, it has more potential for further development and some good reporting functions also available.

Cons

The customer service can be improved, it is not very easy to get a problem resolved and sometimes it can be frustrating having to wait for things to happen.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Delton S.

Very intuitive software. A lot of functionality

Reviewed on 2017/11/23

Pros

Reasonably priced. Easy to use. Built for hoteliers by hoteliers. No need for costly hardware. Team is very passionate and a pleasure to deal with.

Cons

Not accepted by major brands yet. If internet goes down, this would be worrisome. Overall not many complaints.

Peiman G.

Easy but complete software

Reviewed on 2015/02/20
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

It's very user-friendly, and I learned how to work with the system in about 45 minutes (with a live demo). It does everything that our property needs including online booking and revenue management.

Cons

Well I like the product itself, but like any other software, they might have some issues during a year of working with their system. But the good thing is that they have at least one engineer working on these issues, and our issue lasted about a day or so. After that, it was resolved for ever.

Graeme N.

Using FDA for 3 different buildings

Reviewed on 2016/03/18

Pros: nice work flow, intuitive, performs most functions well.
Cons: Very slow to load groups and long term bookings. Slow to show available rooms when switching reservations around. Glitches in Booking Engine when loading multiple seasons.

Response from Frontdesk Anywhere

Hi Graham,

Thanks for your review. We appreciate your insight into the system and the patience you have shown when it has not performed to your full expectations. Your insights are actively helping us improve.

Kind Regards,

Kirsten H.

Absolutely worst customer service

Reviewed on 2015/01/23
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Good platform in theory for a small hotel or inn, but riddled with problems and customer service issues.

Cons

Absolute worst customer service. I have so many outstanding issues that never get resolved and that have a guest-facing impact. I constantly have to follow up to get any resolve. I have had urgent problems where the system was not functioning properly. In particular, there are still many many glitches with the group reservation functionality, and it takes days to get help. This is often too late for me if a potential guest is asking for something. While they claim to be rolling out improvements on this soon, the date constantly changes.

Likelihood to recommend: 1.0/10

David P.

Obscure, arcane, complex, complicated, contradictory and apparently the best you can get.

Reviewed on 2015/04/03

I'd be screwed without this program but it's got a long way to go before I'd call it "user friendly".
It's complexity merits some training just to use the basic functions but I was given the keys and told to just start driving, lots of accidents. It has been a horribly frustrating learning curve.
When I call customer service it sometimes takes days to get a call back.

I will say that the folks on the other end are generally friendly and helpful.

Response from Frontdesk Anywhere

Hi David,

Thanks for your review and for the feedback.

We're working on plenty of new support documentation and videos too which I think will be of great benefit to you and all our customers. Feel free to contact me anytime you need help.

Vernon M.

Great Product

Reviewed on 2012/11/30

If you are looking for an easy to use yet rich program, this is the one to get.

Pros

Very easy to use. Trained staff in just a couple of sittings. Has all of the features that an independent hotel needs. Easy to look at progress of hotel at home because it is web based.

Cons

Wish customer support was twenty four hours.

Patrick M.

Adelaide summery

Reviewed on 2016/03/18

Great overall , has some quirks running a bit slow .We are looking forward to the new updated version !

Response from Frontdesk Anywhere

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your kind words. We appreciate having you as a customer and look forward to bringing the Adelaide on board with the updated version when it's available for migration.

Federico D.

Great Software

Reviewed on 2015/03/27

It change my perspective of online front desk!

Response from Frontdesk Anywhere

Dear Federico,

Thank you for your review. We are glad we have been able to change your perspective of using an online property management system. There's plenty of exciting new features to look forward to in the future too.

Mark L.

front Desk - Good Value Proporsition

Reviewed on 2015/02/24

Setting up the hotel involved working with numerous systems that neeeded to integrate. What was not intuitive to use in Front Desk was quickly answered in depth by Johnny from support. The overall "package experience" of implementing this system was a breeze.

Jenna D.
Industry: Hospitality

We have had a positive experience using FDA over the last few months.

Reviewed on 2015/04/30
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Customer Support (friendly and helpful) and product functionality (simple to navigate through the program).

Cons

There seems to be some holes in some of the reports. It would also be nice if FDA were able to capture payment information.

Wendy R.

We love this application

Reviewed on 2012/11/27

We would highly recommend Frontdesk Anywhere to any property, large or small.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to setup users for different admin functions.
Reports are just what we are looking for

Cons

Haven't found any yet

Dan C.

Excellent. When issues come up FDA staff works with us well

Reviewed on 2015/07/15

Max is very helpful.
Support staff very helpful when issues arise

Response from Frontdesk Anywhere

Hey Dan,

Thanks for your positive review. It is appreciated.

I'll pass along your words to Max also.