Easy Storage Solutions Reviews

4.6/5
4.7/5
4.9/5

• Industry: Hospitality

Set it and forget it technology

Reviewed on 2018/01/29

Pros

Once set up, the software requires very little effort to keep the site updated and working. Making changes to information is simple, and while we don't use all the functionality, none of the tools we don't use get in the way of using the ones we do use. The support is also fantastic - rarely does it take more than a single 15 minute call or quick email to have our issues resolved.

Cons

I could use a more customizable reporting format instead of using the predefined reports. We often have to merge the data from a couple reports into a single report to create the picture we need, but don't expect they could build reports for every business format, so a simple data export tool that allows user selection would save us a little time. Pretty minor though...

Great for my customers, but not quite there yet for me (still learning).

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

ESS has made my customers happier with dealing online with us. It keeps my customers on my website and the customer support here at least listens and considers potential upgrades and helps work through any challenges in a friendly way.

Pros

ESS makes things so much easier for my customers. They love the ease of paying online and I like that they never leave my website to do it. I like the ability to send texts to my customers. The customer support team really works hard to help when there is a problem and they are usually very quick to respond!

Cons

The QuickBooks integration for desk top users doesn't work well for me. I'd prefer to be able to download iff. files that have been linked with my various QB accounts that will help me to track and categorize individually, security deposits paid, security deposit refunds, sales tax, retail sales, insurance, insurance fees rent, and fees. As it stands now I have to make monthly GL entries for each of these where I didn't need to with my prior software. I don't like the multiple payment buttons in the payment screen. They are confusing to me and my customers. When trying to pre pay a customer with multiple units and one check I have to enter the payment multiple times, this again make added work for me. Auto payment texts, I discovered the hard way, are not good as they come at crazy hours that woke up several of my customers (I wish I had known this before it happened). I'm in Texas and like to use the TSSA rental agreement, but it's so frustrating they should really let folks know the system does not work well with Blue Moon. If you decide to continue with TSSA contracts and Blue Moon you will be doubling your workload.

Kelly

Disappointing

Reviewed on 2018/07/14

I do not recommend this company. However, it is slightly better than our previous home-grown system.

Pros

The map of units is the best feature and is very useful. The system has a lot of functionality, although we don't use much of it.

Cons

The invoices are confusing to clients. When I signed up, they specified that I could export my data at any time. This turned out to be untrue - I have since asked for my data and they do not make it available, making it difficult to change providers. They frequently make unwanted and poorly planned updates to the functionality (one update basically reset our external-facing website with no prior notice, but luckily I don't use the external facing website because the user interface is not very user-friendly and I am embarrassed to give clients access to it). You can only use one credit card processor.

Very glad we switched and have been happy with the services provided.

Reviewed on 2018/02/05

Pros

Easy to use software allows you to navigate thru the system quickly. Able to handle our large number of facilities. Website and software are linked and allow customers to see up to date information and access their accounts.

Cons

Limited capabilities in some areas, but anytime a suggestion is offered, they look into seeing if it can be implemented into their software.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Thank you for the review. We're happy to take any suggestions from you and our clients to make our software better every day!

Absolute "Must Have" for any Self Storage owner

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

This software is my most valuable "employee", simply could not run my business without them.

Pros

I simply could not run my business without Easy Storage Solutions. The features and ease of use are ideal, service is exceptional and the team is constantly releasing updates to make the program more intuitive and improve functionality. Exceptional software at Any price....and affordable enough for even the smallest "Mom and Pop" operation.

Efficiency Counts

Reviewed on 2019/05/10

Time management and increased customer service has earned us a five star review all because of this software we are professional in the way we conduct business

Pros

Tracking payments makes it easy to send out customer reminders and their waiting list section is efficient use of our units so nothing sits empty.

Cons

Needs a better way to scroll through customers pages

Great tool to help your business succeed

Reviewed on 2018/01/24

One stop place to manage customers, payments, and units. Great customer service.

Pros

Ease of use for quick look at how your rentals are doing. Lots of options for customer, and business settings . You can run your rentals how you want.

Cons

Some features are buried and hard to find. Payment features take a little getting used too i.e. setting future payments, giving credits, and partial payments.

Desiree

Good value

Reviewed on 2019/04/24

Pros

This was the least expensive option of all the storage software solutions we looked at. The price was fair for our small, one location storage business.

Cons

Inability to customize the screens and reports.

Overall Great Product!

Reviewed on 2019/05/01

Pros

Everything! Easy to use and all the information I need is at my fingertips.

Cons

The setup. Very long and tedious but worth it in the end.

Very pleased with the Easy Storage Solutions software

Reviewed on 2019/04/29

Prior to using the Easy Storage Solutions software, all records were paper-based, and very time consuming to keep accurate and updated. I checked out a demo, and thought it would be worth trying. I used both systems for a few months, but have now switched completely to the Easy Storage Solutions software.

Pros

Easy to set up and get going, easy to get a graphical representation of the facility.

Cons

No good way to obtain a complete dump of the database for backup or use with third-party reporting tools.

Troy
  • Industry: Warehousing

The folks at Easy Storage are Great to work with, They are quick to make improvements.

Reviewed on 2018/01/29

A cost effective service that we can operate in house or remotely, and that provides us with all of the important information our facility requires. It is updated on a regular frequency, with zero to very little down time. Basically its a system that's there exactly when you need it, and with the Gate and Payment interfaces, you will struggle to beat it for the money.

Pros

Ease of use, Full Featured, but probably for us one of the top features, being able to adjust and change our own site map without paying for or waiting for changes. Updates are automatic, being cloud based you get everything as they change it, and most everything so far has been for the better. Some features we do not use at our facility, but it does not hinder or interfere with our daily use.

Cons

This will probably only relate to a few, but our state charges sales tax on Storage, if a tenant makes a multi month payment, the system will not calculate the tax accurately, it's off, we understand how it does it, we just can't seem to convince them that it's a bit annoying. Also, we would like to have the ability to create custom reports, they have a good selection of templates, however "we" know what "we" need, it would be nice to just get that information and not excess information. I realize that is probably picky, but they asked for Con's.

kenneth

quality storage tracking software

Reviewed on 2023/06/06

My self storage income has increased. I have increased my customer base and increased my income. The customers that don't pay are discovered quickly (I always have a few, but it is amazing how many pay and pay on time. Month to month, my income is relatively stable.

Pros

I struggled with tracking my storage facility until I found easy storage. Once I purchased the software and was up and running, life became easier and more profitable. My customers like it (most of them). They can monitor their account and pay online. I still receive cash payments (very few) and checks. By far most payments are online. My goal is to make every unit pay every month. I think that I'm currently doing that.

Cons

I think the only thing that I can think of is the daily charge. I don't dispute the charges, but the accounting is a little confusing. other than that, the software is top notch.

Nikoletta

Super grateful I found EZ Storage! BEST (and cheapest!) for small-mid properties.

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

Made it super easy for me to take over the management of 3 RV Storage lots. Saves us time since more than 1/2 our customers now pay automatically, with a low flat-rate Card option. Excellent support when needed (which isn't often since it is so easy to use). Beautifully simple program reduces stress in my life (which takes more skill to create than the over-complex, clunky programs!).

Pros

Easy to learn... beautifully SIMPLE! Always fast support... super friendly people & they really respond to suggestions--the program keeps improving. I especially love the check 'batch' deposits, with our smaller business we don't need to close out each day, can just batch the payments at our convenience. Super easy low flat fee for Card payments, more than 1/2 our customers now pay automatically (awesome). Letters are easy to create & customize, and it's easy to email letters, reminders, & receipts. We now only print & mail Liens, saving time & paper. I've used other programs and found them complicated & visually too 'busy', this one earns its name of Easy.

Cons

I would design some reports a little differently, to put more data on a single page. That's about it.

Mark

Best thing I ever done

Reviewed on 2016/11/23

I have owned and ran a small self storage facility (110 units) for about 9 years. I had always done my bookkeeping and billing with a simple computer based software program and excel spreadsheets. I had a paypal button on my web page that would allow tenants to pay online and then I would manually enter payments to my software and spread sheets. This was time consuming and confusing to anyone else trying to log data.

I decided I wanted to upgrade to a internet based and through a self storage forum discovered Easy Storage Solution. The price was very reasonable and it was what I was looking for. Being "hands on" I had a lot of questions about how their website worked and the interaction with the credit card processor. Luke done a great job of explaining and calming my fears of something new. Everything was clearly spelled out and I bit the bullet and signed up.

In a matter of a day or so Easy Storage Solution had my site up and running. They transferred my domain and had my webpage running very quickly. The tutorials helped me enter my data and customers in no time flat. I was even able to edit my web page with their easy to use online access.
Kristen helped me set things up and she is very attentive to me as a customer.
After using this online based management site I don't know how I got along with out it. I has cut my time to 1/10 of what I was spending before. I like that since its internet based, two or more people can be logged in at one time; (one entering a deposit and maybe one adding customers) It works very good on mobile devices, which the tenants like. The tenants have great access to their payment history.
Great product and great people to deal with!
I highly recommend it!

Pros

Easy to use, online based, capability to have multiple access it at one time, great interface with credit card vendor.

Cons

Dont back up to my computer

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Thanks for the review Mark! Because we have all that data backed up on multiple secured servers we've tried to take that headache away from the storage owner to always be worried about losing your data. Instead we take the headache for you and save the time to do constant backups.

Gary

Excellent Value, Great Support and Easy to Use

Reviewed on 2019/04/25

When I came they had 3x5 cards, yellow pads, preprinted contracts and a rolladex. Every sign up was an effort and the reporting and monthly collections and lockouts were not consistent. When we implemented the software we saw immediate results. we went from 65-70 occupancy to 95-100%. Our policies on collections, lockout, unit disposal and rental was improved to near perfection. very happy with our results.

Pros

It is a very intuitive software. I am a software engineer and I can safely say that I understand the difference between easy to understand and "you need to be a geek"
Another great benefit is the support. Like all software there are issues that even I cannot solve. One call and they take over the drivers seat and fix it every time. Great service.

Cons

I really like everything about it but if I have to make a comment I would say that they could work on making it more customizable in its reports and outputs. Its good now but it could be better.

Tessa
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Best Software for Small and Large Facilities Alike! Used at ALL our Facilities!

Reviewed on 2022/07/01

Pros

Easy Storage Solutions is truly EASY, which is why we've converted every facility from the $12 million facility to the $250,000 facility to ESS and all employees can use and understand it's features, as well as the tenants.

Cons

Since it's been purchased by Storable.... the terrible turn of customer service.

Tracy
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Good company just needs a few updates in software

Reviewed on 2023/01/04

Pros

It is easy to use. Support is helpful when I call them if they are able to help

Cons

The main feature that I have called over and over again , their software does not have a auto fee that if customer uses credit/debit card that they are charged a fee automatically to cover our cost as a company. Our clients don't use their cards every month and with 500 clients it is extra work to go in monthly and change fees when a auto draft on software could help especially now with more fees being added from the company. You are making now .25 per transaction and I still have to do all the work . I have made request for the last year every time I have called and have not gotten any feedback from anyone. I know from talking to support they get these request daily.

Duane

Ease of functionality.

Reviewed on 2023/06/25

Overall experience with Easy Storage Solutions is fantastic. Using the software makes my job much easier running my storage unit business.

Pros

The most thing I like about Easy Storage Solutions is the ability it provides to invoice customers on a monthly basis and using a card to make the payment and text or email the receipt.

Cons

The least thing I like about Easy Storage Solutions was trying to figure out how to give back the deposit on a unit using the customer's card. After tech support help me, I wrote down the steps and now have no trouble with it.

Della
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Easy, Like Their Name Suggests...

Reviewed on 2016/09/20

Basically simple to set up and simple to use. The only issue was the building of our facility map because it is difficult to control the sizes and shapes of every individual unit.

Pros

Easy Storage Solutions is easy to set up and it is easy to navigate around the software to find the task you wish to perform. It is convenient in that there are multiple ways to access specific tasks, such as taking a payment. The software doesn't log off the user when inactive for a period of time. We find this useful when you have customers who are in a hurry and the software is ready to go. There is no shortage of support; by phone, by email or a link through the software where you can perform a search or chat online with someone from ESS. It has a basic look, which is great because it's not distracting. It is not overwhelming to use because of large amounts of instructions you have to read first before you can accomplish anything. We were quite impressed that we received an online rental customer 40 minutes after activating our online presence!

Cons

It was difficult to build our facility map and not make it look like I had a few cocktails too many during the building process. It is not something I feel proud enough to put on our website. I know there is a mapping tool out there that enables your facility to build a map that looks more professional.

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Thanks for the review, Della! If you want to reach out to us, we would love to help you with your sitemap and any other concerns you might have!

Elizabeth
  • Industry: Music

Easy to use and customer support is top notch.

Reviewed on 2023/06/21

Love the capabilities of the program for our use.

Love the capabilities of the program for our use.

Pros

How easy it is to input clients, track payments and balances, change settings in the software. It's so easy to navigate and train new employees how to use it. Adding new facilities and studios is fast and efficient. Anytime I have any questions or issues, customer service always resolves our issues.

Cons

Sometimes it's a little frustrating about the M-F hours but that's ok. Would love to be able to run revenue reports for all facilities.

Patrick

Like having a facility manager, only better

Reviewed on 2023/06/22

Great and great customer service. We deal with other software products in the hardware industry, and this software is the most user friendly and customer service oriented of any I have worked with.

Pros

Accessibility at office or remotely, auto pay, professionalism and integrity in the product. It has literally reduced my workload by 80 %

Cons

Not having it sooner! Very satisfied. We had two other systems and this is light years ahead.

Terry

Very Positive Review for Storage Unit Software

Reviewed on 2017/03/04

We purchased this software about two years ago to help operate our storage company that has over 100 units. As we have several other companies, two of which are over 30 years old, we have had our share of software to either help run the actual company or to run our many pieces of equipment within the various companies.
Although I have never given a recommendation about any software we purchased, I feel it is appropriate to say that this software has been absolutely perfect and that it works way beyond what we were expecting.
One last comment. My staff has made a couple of minor recommendation to the software staff and they made the adjustments while on the phone.

Pros

Very powerful program.
Very reasonable cost.
Called three times in the past with questions and questions were answered immediately.
They must never sleep.

Cons

No cons whatsoever.

Jeff

Easy Storage Solutions has simplified my operations

Reviewed on 2022/06/30

Overall my experience with Easy Storage Solutions has been very positive. When I first setup the account the tech support was extremely helpful and I have experienced that same great customer service ever since. My overall operations have been streamlined by using the software from renting units to billing and communications.

Pros

What I like most about Easy Storage Solutions is the automation of my operations. I like the fact that my customers can go to my website and rent the units without my assistance.

Cons

I have multiple locations and I wish the software would be easier to switch between locations and a phone app would be helpful too.

Jennifer

EasyStorage is a very user friendly software. I would recommend it to all storage facilities.

Reviewed on 2018/01/23

Pros

This software is very user friendly and is easy to manage. The menus are easy to navigate and they system is very easy to set up. The customer service behind easy storage is A+ quality and everyone I have spoken to is extra friendly and eager to help. They are also very good with updating the software to make it even more manageable and user friendly.

Cons

There are very few things I dislike. I wish they had an option under the customer's tab to select multiple customers that you wish to apply the same function. For example, if you were archiving customers and wanted to archive more than one at a time, it would be nice to have the ability to do it.

Teresa
Teresa

Fantastic Improvement

Reviewed on 2014/03/07

We bought this storage facility last year from my Father in Law. It was run on spread sheets and peachtree with a completely separate program for the gate. It was ridiculous. Once a month everything had to be turned over to the CPA to balance the books. (The costs of the CPA were upwards of $1000. a year if you include taxes) I was spending at least 20 hours a week on paperwork alone. Then there was the billing, it was a nightmare, to say the least, that would take 2 days to complete and was Never right.

We did not take plastic, either so besides all the people who just walked away (lost sales) everything was cash or check. There are a lot of people who think its unprofessional or even hinky when you don't take credit cards.

We did a lot of research on companies and ended up with Easy Storage Solutions in November 2013. We could not be happier. The CPA is a thing of the past and I am looking forward to doing my own taxes this year. My paper work is down to a few minutes a day and billing day is a few "clicks" away. We no longer spend days trying to get the billing right.

They hooked us up with YapStone, (another great company) for our credit card needs. They are only charging 2%. 30% of our customers have already signed up and its only been a few months!!! I can forsee a time when we wont have to use stamps, stationary...

Easy Storage is a very easy program to run and teach to employees. The guys are always "on call". They stand behind what they say and are very knowledgeable about this program. Nate you rock.

The only down side is we have a graphics business too, and this program has no place to account for it so we are still using peachtree for that, but I have faith that Jimmy and the guys will get that addressed at some point.

As far as Storage Programs go this one is Fantastic. Our business is up 25% and all inside storage is full for the first time in 12 years. I could not be happier. I can now concentrate on sales!!!

Response from Easy Storage Solutions

Thank you for the review!